PDA

View Full Version : Largest Earthquake Drill In America History As U.S. ShakeOut Begins Along New Madrid

daledo
3rd May 2011, 08:19
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfWz9xdc7mY

Calz
3rd May 2011, 08:38
Perhaps my monkey mind is a bit over active trying to read the tea leaves ... but every time there are "preparedness drills" we have every cause for concern (based on the times the "drills" have gone "live").

Lots of "conspiracy" speculation on the new madrid fault line. Some suggest that the gulf spill was actually in preparation. Who knows?

One thing that kinda jumps out about the following story is now massive weight from many many tons of water are being dumped directly into the area.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm .... relax monkey mind ... it's all just a game :peep:

Army Corps starts to blow up levee, flood 130,000 acres in Missouri

(CNN) -- The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers began explosions Monday night at the Birds Point-New Madrid levee at the confluence of the Ohio and Mississippi rivers.

The explosions, near the southern border between Missouri and Illinois, marked the start of a three-stage process to intentionally breach the levee -- and, in the process, pave the way for tons of water to flood 130,000 acres of Missouri farmland -- to alleviate pressure caused by historically high water levels in the rivers.

At 5 p.m. Monday, the water level outside Cairo, Illinois, was 61.44 feet -- well above the flood stage of 40 feet -- according to the National Weather Service. Maj. Gen. Michael Walsh ordered the intentional breach.

"(The system) continues to be under enormous and unprecedented pressure," said Walsh, the president of the Mississippi River Commission. "Because of that ... I've ordered the district commander to operate the project."

Walsh said that historic and still-rising flood waters made it imperative to begin the explosive operation as soon as possible. The multistage process is expected to continue through Tuesday.

Missouri Attorney General Chris Koster's office tried to block the move, challenging the Corps' authority to breach the levee. But the U.S. Supreme Court, in a ruling from Justice Samuel Alito, denied Missouri's bid.

On Monday, Gov. Jay Nixon issued a statement saying he had talked with Walsh about the attempt "to relieve pressure on other parts of the levee system and save lives." He said Missouri authorities are ready for the blast and subsequent flood.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/05/02/missouri.levee.breach/index.html?hpt=T2

*** adding ***

lol - looks like you started another thread with this same topic as I was posting this :)