PDA

View Full Version : Can "retired" members still log in?

perfectresonance
4th May 2011, 11:06
I may not be able to see auras, but I notice strange data when it is in front of me:

Screen shot taken at 10:40pm Wed May 4th NZ local time:

http://i56.tinypic.com/inhhjr.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/20feubm.jpg

Note that the person using the modwiz account is reading the "Forgiveness" thread. A thread started yesterday. Well after the modwiz account was "retired".

How "retired" is that really?

Retired is not the same as unsubscribed then?

Is "retired" a state where you keep your full access except you no longer have posting privileges?

Mods?

Fred259
4th May 2011, 11:31
I was wondering that as well Perfect… but Im older and slower now so didn’t want to ask. We need to find a young pup who understands all these modern ways…

Lord Sidious
4th May 2011, 12:11
You got it in one Perfectkiwinuggetry. :p
They can log in and read, but can't post, send or receive PMs.

perfectresonance
4th May 2011, 19:48
"Why?" is the next obvious question.

The benefits over being a guest I can see are the following:

- Still have access to historical PMs
- Still able to fully access other people's personal profiles
- Still able to do comprehensive searches and click on all links internal to the forum

How am I doing Lord? Have I missed any?

Paul
4th May 2011, 20:08
They can log in and read, but can't post, send or receive PMs.
Correct .

Paul
4th May 2011, 20:17

- Still have access to historical PMs [ I'm unsure if they can see old PM's or not. I'd guess not. -Paul. ]
- Still able to fully access other people's personal profiles [ Yes, correct. -Paul. ]
- Still able to do comprehensive searches and click on all links internal to the forum [ Yes, correct. - Paul. ]

see my replies within the above quote

Nasu
4th May 2011, 20:25
"Why?" is the next obvious question.

- Still have access to historical PMs
- Still able to fully access other people's personal profiles
- Still able to do comprehensive searches and click on all links internal to the forum

How am I doing Lord? Have I missed any?

So what? I love your posts and trains of thought, so no offense intended, but, so what?

Let them pop in the side door for a watch or a gaze or a search or a reminisce, just think of them as ghosts in the system, personally I am given hope by this, the system hasn't gotten to them yet. Unless its a mirror? No, getting paranoid again, forget it. Let them be, let them come and go in peace.. N

perfectresonance
4th May 2011, 21:20
So what? I love your posts and trains of thought, so no offense intended, but, so what?

Let them pop in the side door for a watch or a gaze or a search or a reminisce, just think of them as ghosts in the system, personally I am given hope by this, the system hasn't gotten to them yet. Unless its a mirror? No, getting paranoid again, forget it. Let them be, let them come and go in peace.. N

I have an IT background, so this sort of thing tweaks my interest more than most.

If you re-read what I posted, this is all about the "status" of being "retired", and nothing to do with my opinion on this being a good or bad thing.

It just seemed odd for a person who had "left" to be still in the "currently logged in" list, so I asked a question about it.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/__jFgOqdirRY/S15Op3mhS9I/AAAAAAAACoo/m63diQmeer8/s400/nothing_to_see_here.jpg

Moonwish
4th May 2011, 21:33
I may not be able to see auras, but I notice strange data when it is in front of me:

Screen shot taken at 10:40pm Wed May 4th NZ local time:

http://i56.tinypic.com/inhhjr.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/20feubm.jpg

Note that the person using the modwiz account is reading the "Forgiveness" thread. A thread started yesterday. Well after the modwiz account was "retired".

How "retired" is that really?

Retired is not the same as unsubscribed then?

Is "retired" a state where you keep your full access except you no longer have posting privileges?

Mods?

My Response:

Retired is over. That's what it should be, at least.

Either your'e in or you're out. Not so hard. I agree with my tough-looking friend.

I also am tough, at least at first sight, but look rather *weak from a distance. Perhaps this was an oversight?

(*this is deliberately vague)

As always, I thank all of you for my daily dose of sanity. (such as it is)

Laura

jupiter
4th May 2011, 23:14
Just a thought, what would happen if a person retired on a bad note ,so to speak ,could the information he or she is still able to access be used in a negative manner
Kind regards James

Nasu
4th May 2011, 23:51
Just a thought, what would happen if a person retired on a bad note ,so to speak ,could the information he or she is still able to access be used in a negative manner
Kind regards James

Possibly, but couldn't that happen anyway? Everything is twistable if one has a mind to subvert.. N

Siberia9
5th May 2011, 03:59
I get logged on automatically, so do they Im sure when they come over and read the threads, I suppose they could just log off etc and we would'nt know they were there but...

Paul
5th May 2011, 05:02
Kind regards James
People who depart can do it one of three ways (glossing over some details):

They can just quit showing up, or quit posting. Their status remains as "Avalon Member", but the date of their last activity fades into the past.
They can end up as Retired, which provides essentially read-only access, including search and access to user profiles.
They can end up as Deactivated, which can no longer use the forum search, can no longer view members profiles, and are reduced to essentially the privileges of (our many) anonymous guests -- except that their old posts retain the identity of who posted them.

Members leaving in good standing can choose from the above. Members leaving on a "bad note" are Retired or Deactivated, usually as a choice of a forum administrator.

Occasionally a member will choose to expunge their profile of any personal information before departing, such as in the case that they no longer want such information publicly visible there.

ViralSpiral
5th May 2011, 05:38
http://www.ecanus.net/forum/Smileys/masterweb/wave.gif @ Modwiz