PDA

View Full Version : CONSPIRACISM-Avalons Most Important Thread

Koyaanisqatsi
4th May 2011, 15:25
In 1936 American commentator H. L. Mencken wrote:
The central belief of every moron is that he is the victim of a mysterious conspiracy against his common rights and true deserts. He ascribes all his failure to get on in the world, all of his congenital incapacity and damfoolishness, to the machinations of werewolves assembled in Wall Street, or some other such den of infamy.[23]

-Psychological origins-
According to some psychologists, a person who believes in one conspiracy theory tends to believe in others; a person who does not believe in one conspiracy theory tends not to believe another.[24]
Psychologists believe that the search for meaning is common in conspiracism and the development of conspiracy theories, and may be powerful enough alone to lead to the first formulating of the idea. Once cognized, confirmation bias and avoidance of cognitive dissonance may reinforce the belief. In a context where a conspiracy theory has become popular within a social group, communal reinforcement may equally play a part. Some research carried out at the University of Kent, UK suggests people may be influenced by conspiracy theories without being aware that their attitudes have changed. After reading popular conspiracy theories about the death of Diana, Princess of Wales, participants in this study correctly estimated how much their peers' attitudes had changed, but significantly underestimated how much their own attitudes had changed to become more in favor of the conspiracy theories. The authors conclude that conspiracy theories may therefore have a 'hidden power' to influence people's beliefs.[25]
Humanistic psychologists argue that even if the cabal behind the conspiracy is almost always perceived as hostile there is, often, still an element of reassurance in it, for conspiracy theorists, in part because it is more consoling to think that complications and upheavals in human affairs, at least, are created by human beings rather than factors beyond human control. Belief in such a cabal is a device for reassuring oneself that certain occurrences are not random, but ordered by a human intelligence. This renders such occurrences comprehensible and potentially controllable. If a cabal can be implicated in a sequence of events, there is always the hope, however tenuous, of being able to break the cabal's power – or joining it and exercising some of that power oneself. Finally, belief in the power of such a cabal is an implicit assertion of human dignity – an often unconscious but necessary affirmation that man is not totally helpless, but is responsible, at least in some measure, for his own destiny.[26]

This is straight from Wikipedia. I was thrust into a deep introspective state after reading this, Anyone else feel that they may experience this phenomenon ? THOUGHTS?

Koyaanisqatsi
4th May 2011, 15:29
I'd also like to add this:

This thread is not an attack. I want us to really look at why we think the way we do. I personally, DO get something out of my conspiracy beliefs. Some sort of comfort, as silly as that may sound. This doesn't mean I don't really believe them, and doesn't interact with the validity of these conspiracies, which, no doubt are ongoing today.

The One
4th May 2011, 15:33
There are so many conspiracy theories its difficult to keep tabs on what you think is real or not.

Follow your own path my friend and leave a trail

Avalons Most Important Thread (Debatable my friend)

pintorider
4th May 2011, 15:39
What arrogance! What department of the government do you work for?

The One
4th May 2011, 15:41
Goose fra ba goose fra ba goose fra ba

Herbert
4th May 2011, 15:42
If it looks like a cow, walks like a cow, talks like a cow, smells like a cow, . . .
It's all about evidence.

Hawkwind
4th May 2011, 15:43
The article implies that any "conspiracy theory" is nonsense and therefore anyone holding such beliefs is psychologically unbalanced or deluded. I don't tend to agree with that view. Wikipedia was initially a fairly unbiased source of information. That is no longer the case, at least as far as "conspiracy theories" are concerned.

Some Bloke
4th May 2011, 15:54
Anyone who doubts that they are out to get you ought to download & read this, http://www.coalitionoftheobvious.com/SILENT_20WEAPONS_20for_20QUIET_20WARS.pdf, and then check this out, http://www.radioliberty.com/stones.htm
Its worth finding out about the 'Frankfurt school' as well...
But wot do I know as that makes me a moron

4th May 2011, 15:57
It must just be a coincidence that many conspiracy theorists tend to be more spiritual than the norm, or have had multiple other-worldly experiences then? (This is not aimed at you btw, koyaanisqatsi, at the theory).

I think having the veil lifted on one area experientially, has the potential to be more considerate of outlandish material. Until I could physically see the energy around trees and plantlife I didn't believe in auric bodies. Until I physically saw ufo's I was very much on the fence with the existence of sophisticated technology. Until I was able to successfully perform chakra meditation I had no belief in chakras. Until I was attuned I didn't believe in Rieki.

Until I saw the illuminated torch of BT vans, masonic lodges, the statue of liberty (paris and NY), police stations, conservative party logo etc.......I wasn't convinved of an illuminati.

It's more a snowball effect of experience, than naivety and lapping up any old tut like a muppet!

Good thread.

Koyaanisqatsi
4th May 2011, 15:59
What arrogance! What department of the government do you work for?
Hey there! Im not some covert agent, look at my post history! Im simply trying to get us all to address the fact that there is a Psychological aspect to conspiracy, or the belief therein. I see I"VE STRUCK A NERVE FOR SOME OF YOU, which is good. Its good to question ourselves. Be not so thin skinned my friends, this IS important to consider given the type of research we do.

Koyaanisqatsi
4th May 2011, 16:05
I would consider this excerpt to be the heart of my thread, best capturing my meaning:
Finally, belief in the power of such a cabal is an implicit assertion of human dignity – an often unconscious but necessary affirmation that man is not totally helpless, but is responsible, at least in some measure, for his own destiny.[26]

Lord Sidious
4th May 2011, 16:07
Anyone who doubts that they are out to get you ought to download & read this, http://http://www.coalitionoftheobvious.com/SILENT_20WEAPONS_20for_20QUIET_20WARS.pdf, and then check this out, http://http://www.radioliberty.com/stones.htm
Its worth finding out about the 'Frankfurt school' as well...
But wot do I know as that makes me a moron

Excellent advice.
The frankfurt school of marxism is the place that the dirtbags invented ''racism.''
Guess where they went when the NSDAP came to power on the 30th Jan, 1933?
America.

This article that you guys are upset by is one of the types of things they put up to do just that.
If conspiracies don't exist, why is there the criminal charge of conspiracy to ........... in every jurisdiction?

BubbaGroove
4th May 2011, 16:08
Actually, I think Koyaanisqatsi brings in a valuable tool here. It's good to question everything; the "truth", the "lie" and yes even the "conspiracy". The real truth, i find, tends to lie in the middle of the two extremes.

Koyaanisqatsi
4th May 2011, 16:12
historian Bruce Cumings:
"But if conspiracies exist, they rarely move history; they make a difference at the margins from time to time, but with the unforeseen consequences of a logic outside the control of their authors: and this is what is wrong with 'conspiracy theory.' History is moved by the broad forces and large structures of human collectivities."[18]
I don't really believe this to be true (i actually do believe an elite group has long drawn the strings shaping economy and society), HOWEVER, it is fascinating to consider this aspect of the human psyche......

Lord Sidious
4th May 2011, 16:16
historian Bruce Cumings:
"But if conspiracies exist, they rarely move history; they make a difference at the margins from time to time, but with the unforeseen consequences of a logic outside the control of their authors: and this is what is wrong with 'conspiracy theory.' History is moved by the broad forces and large structures of human collectivities."[18]
I don't really believe this to be true (i actually do believe an elite group has long drawn the strings shaping economy and society), HOWEVER, it is fascinating to consider this aspect of the human psyche......

How about the black hand and the archduke of Austria-Hungary in sarajavo in June 1914?
The bolsheviks?
Pearl Harbour?
What a nugget, this is the exact reason I pay little attention to system hacks.
I bet if I gave him a gps, sextant and a map he couldn't find his arse.

KosmicKat
4th May 2011, 16:20
My own reflections on how a conspiracy theory begins:

You have a number of observations

Different people recall what they observed, differently
Some people may lie (perhaps unintentionally, perhaps not) about what they observed

Different people find different explanations for the observations

A well-balanced mind will accept the least improbable explanation, as well as that least damaging to their existing worldview. The more unbalanced the mind, the more likely that individual is to accept a more improbable explanation, but still one which agrees with their existing worldview.

In some cases, the evidence may be such that even a well-balanced mind has no choice but to embrace an explanation that others, not sharing the same information, would find unlikely. And doing so, change its worldview correspondingly.

T Smith
4th May 2011, 16:23
In 1936 American commentator H. L. Mencken wrote:
The central belief of every moron is that he is the victim of a mysterious conspiracy against his common rights and true deserts. He ascribes all his failure to get on in the world, all of his congenital incapacity and damfoolishness, to the machinations of werewolves assembled in Wall Street, or some other such den of infamy.[23]

-Psychological origins-
According to some psychologists, a person who believes in one conspiracy theory tends to believe in others; a person who does not believe in one conspiracy theory tends not to believe another.[24]
Psychologists believe that the search for meaning is common in conspiracism and the development of conspiracy theories, and may be powerful enough alone to lead to the first formulating of the idea. Once cognized, confirmation bias and avoidance of cognitive dissonance may reinforce the belief. In a context where a conspiracy theory has become popular within a social group, communal reinforcement may equally play a part. Some research carried out at the University of Kent, UK suggests people may be influenced by conspiracy theories without being aware that their attitudes have changed. After reading popular conspiracy theories about the death of Diana, Princess of Wales, participants in this study correctly estimated how much their peers' attitudes had changed, but significantly underestimated how much their own attitudes had changed to become more in favor of the conspiracy theories. The authors conclude that conspiracy theories may therefore have a 'hidden power' to influence people's beliefs.[25]
Humanistic psychologists argue that even if the cabal behind the conspiracy is almost always perceived as hostile there is, often, still an element of reassurance in it, for conspiracy theorists, in part because it is more consoling to think that complications and upheavals in human affairs, at least, are created by human beings rather than factors beyond human control. Belief in such a cabal is a device for reassuring oneself that certain occurrences are not random, but ordered by a human intelligence. This renders such occurrences comprehensible and potentially controllable. If a cabal can be implicated in a sequence of events, there is always the hope, however tenuous, of being able to break the cabal's power – or joining it and exercising some of that power oneself. Finally, belief in the power of such a cabal is an implicit assertion of human dignity – an often unconscious but necessary affirmation that man is not totally helpless, but is responsible, at least in some measure, for his own destiny.[26]

This is straight from Wikipedia. I was thrust into a deep introspective state after reading this, Anyone else feel that they may experience this phenomenon ? THOUGHTS?

If one is on a journey to the truth, it is impossible not to navigate through the waters of conspiracy. This study explains the psychology undergirding why one embraces or does not embrace conspiracy theories. I don't take issue with the findings. But I would suggest the psychology behind this phenomenon exists to begin with because we live in a world founded on lies and illusion. This is simply a fact.

"Myth" exists in the mind of the beholder.

JoeNashville
4th May 2011, 16:25
"I know world is a mysterious place, open to coordinated activity in secret places... but I don't believe in conspiracy."
Cornell West

One of these days you'll realize most every conspiracy you've ever heard of was true, and probably some you haven't heard of. Then a moment later you'll realize just how screwed you really are. But by then it will be to late.

If the rest of us would work to succeed at shining the light of transparency on the shadows of secrecy the potential of human kind would rise like a phoenix.

Matts
4th May 2011, 16:28
Koyaansisqatsi, what is your own believe in this case? And what about the conspiracies that where behind the beginning the World Wars and Vietnam War etc etc? Theories? Those conspiracy (theories) are now general knowledge.
And I agree with you in order to question his own beliefs. At the same time it's good to question the purposes behind any challenge, even those in Wikipedia. Established science (in this case psychology) mostly works in the interests of their sponsoring groups. It's not independent. Wikipedia doesn't give correct answers in such ideological kind topics. Wikipedia is useful to get knowledge about old railroad-lines or some chemical formula, but if there is any topic which could be used to manipulate somehow your thinking you have no chance to find the r e a l answer. So trust your own inner voice and let your heart sometimes find the answer.
Those my thoughts :)

Amenjo
4th May 2011, 16:28
If it looks like a cow, walks like a cow, talks like a cow, smells like a cow, . . .
It's all about evidence.

Those damn talking cows, I knew I couldn't trust them!

Love and Truth,

Amenjo

Koyaanisqatsi
4th May 2011, 16:29
T Smith makes a very valid point. The villains came first, then the masses (usually the fringe thereof) began to look and question.

Jake
4th May 2011, 16:32
I first found myself on the other side of TPTB when I was very young. long story short,, me an my friend,,, we were beat up by a couple of cops for no reason whatsoever. Just a couple of ego driven cops, out for mayhem. The problem was that instead of making up a crime, and taking us to jail, they just left us there in the middle of the street and drove away. There was hell to pay, my mother was SCORN. We did everything we could to expose these bastards. We know the truth. I got my education on what a coverup looks and feels like. Those bastards got away scott free. They even followed us around after that and intimidated us. My friend moved away without saying a word, and eventually my mom and dad moved us away as well.

I believe it is important not to pretend EVERYTHING is a conspiracy,,, I feel it is more important not to let the evil people of the world get away with hurting others and the planet. This is not a psychological phenomenon. This i good vs evil. I learned my lessons from actual experience, not what psychological academics assume. Either way,,, excellent discussion. Thanx. Jake...

Koyaanisqatsi
4th May 2011, 16:40
Koyaansisqatsi, what is your own believe in this case? And what about the conspiracies that where behind the beginning the World Wars and Vietnam War etc etc? Theories? Those conspiracy (theories) are now general knowledge.
And I agree with you in order to question his own beliefs. At the same time it's good to question the purposes behind any challenge, even those in Wikipedia. Established science (in this case psychology) mostly works in the interests of their sponsoring groups. It's not independent. Wikipedia doesn't give correct answers in such ideological kind topics. Wikipedia is useful to get knowledge about old railroad-lines or some chemical formula, but if there is any topic which could be used to manipulate somehow your thinking you have no chance to find the r e a l answer. So trust your own inner voice and let your heart sometimes find the answer.
Those my thoughts :)
If you take a look at my post history, you will find posts on HAARP, Federal Reserve bank, ETs, Geo engineering and tectonic weaponry. I am, in essence, a HUGE conspiracy theorist and have researched them all meticulously. That really is why I find this issue so important for ME: am I being objective about the world around me? Or am I being victimized by some unknown aspect of my psyche that gets some closure/gratification/ or solace out of thinking my life is being controlled by something or someone besides myself??? It is an important concept for us all to address perhaps...

jegz
4th May 2011, 16:45
Goose fra ba goose fra ba goose fra ba

youre hilarious man!

Neal
4th May 2011, 16:47
Would the opposite of "conspiracism" be "spongism", reciting and believing everything you're told? ;)

I believe that critical thinking is essential to being alive today.

Some Bloke
4th May 2011, 16:47
Conspiracy theories are usually based on leaked info, everyones heard of wikileaks, but this guy was there years before, http://cryptome.org/
Enjoy!

sandy
4th May 2011, 16:49
Hi All,

Great thread. I personally look for the truth because my spirit and belief systems will not accept that overall humanity is cruel, deceitful, evil, uncaring and out to kill one another. I believe in the goodness of humankind and will delve into all dark areas to affirm that it is a small few versus civilization who create destruction on our planet.

That being said...............individually, I also believe we are complicit in allowing further destruction when we do not dare to investigate what, why, where, and how is this happening and by who. For those bringing additional evidence, or information and facts to a stated truth we are suppose to accept because those in power say so, I say hallelujah, because somewhere in that the Truth will eventually be revealed.

Hopefully in my lifetime :)

Fred Steeves
4th May 2011, 18:43
Has anyone noticed how often terms like conspiracy theory, the whacko fringe element, etc. are being used in media these days? The more I see it the funnier it gets. If simply questioning the birth certificate or the Bin Laden deal puts one in the category of lunatic fringe now, where is one placed who thinks it's likely there are jump rooms to Mars, the moon is not natural, or the human race is in the ascension process?

More to my point though, discovering generally what's really going on behind the scenes serves a purpose, but only so far. It puts one on the path of exploration, and the problem must be seen in order for a solution to be sought; but, once you discover that exploration of the self is where the real action is, to continue doggedly chasing down every detail to every new deception becomes more and more just a case of admiring the problem.

The problem is far bigger and more complex than we can ever imagine or research, but the solution has the infinite power of love and simplicity which resides right inside each and every one of us.

S**t, did I just blather on without addressing the essence of the thread?:unsure: Pardon me while I go and give myself a good talkin to...

Cheers,
Fred S.

fathertedsmate
4th May 2011, 18:46
your eyes are there for a reason

Shezbeth
4th May 2011, 18:58
:rofl:

Well, it seems that one has to answer a simple question. I won't reference any of my own research to make this statement.

Are these Psychologists accurate in their assessment?

For ME the answer is obvious. ^_^

sandy
4th May 2011, 19:01
Hi again,

I was just sitting here wondering if anyone else has had these thoughts about many of the conspiracies, DISTRACTIONS overall. Maybe they are kept alive by agent provocateurs to keep us from investigating and understanding what Free Energy is, why it is suppressed. Just think if we had Free Energy how much faster our spiritual evolution would happen individually and collectively. Even the teaching of spirituality today are encouraging individuals to be focused within themselves to find the answers/ great but what a slow process for humanity at large.

Maybe if we, all that are awake, focused on Free Energy and how to stop the suppression we would free humanity from drudgery and slavery. The potentials of a healing planet and civilizations are unlimited. And that is not a conspiracy theory:)

sshenry
4th May 2011, 19:08
All things are possible. Not always probable, mind you, but possible, which means that keeping an open mind is critical to the search for truth. But without reasonable skepticism and application of critical thinking/reasoning, having an open mind can be detrimental to your mental stability as you'll believe anything that anyone tells you.

That aside, there are plenty of people who do not want to take responsibility for their own actions/decisions etc. They WANT there to be someone to blame for the way their lives have turned out. Being able to find a scapegoat is much simpler than taking stock of your own life and changing those things that you don't like.

This doesn't mean that there aren't bad things happening, that there aren't people taking advantage of others, but if you look a little deeper, even legitimate conspiracy theories have one thing in common, the person(s) that are being taken in by the operation (whatever it is) are allowing it to happen. They willingly hand over their personal power to someone or something outside of themselves, and then complain that they are being taken advantage of.

We have the ability to own our own power, always, regardless of what anyone else has decided to do, and by remaining aware of what is going on around us, by keeping that open mind but by subjecting everything we encounter to reasonable skepticism and critical thinking/reasoning (as well as keeping an open heart) we can be free of the web of illusion that allows people to be drawn into others' attempts to manipulate and control.

mondaze
4th May 2011, 19:08
if more than person is involved its a conspiracy....fact not theory!

linz2d
4th May 2011, 19:33
"Don't judge a book by its cover."

"Dont believe everything you read."

"History is written by the winners."

"Ignorance is bliss."

All these saying have been around been around for years, and if you live by them you'll soon be labelled a conspiracy theorist. If you are open up to the possibility that things are not as they appear to be, you become a wiser person. However the problem lies when dogmatism sets in, be it from the establishment or a conspiracy theorist.

Nasu
4th May 2011, 19:43
"Ignorance is bliss."

Ignorance is not bliss, its poverty. As Mondaze observed, we here at Avalon are a conspiracy of sorts, we are conspiring to find out the truth, if such a thing exists, most, if not all human interaction is a conspiracy against someone else, take business for example, the very foundation stone of our world society. I do find it interesting though how the term "conspiracy theory" shuts minds down and makes people get angry or sigh or turn their head, it seems to be like a physiological trigger to go back to sleep, mind control perhaps, or maybe I am just a paranoid loser as the first post would suggest. In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king.. N

linz2d
4th May 2011, 19:52
"Ignorance is bliss."

Ignorance is not bliss, its poverty. As Mondaze observed, we here at Avalon are a conspiracy of sorts, we are conspiring to find out the truth, if such a thing exists, most, if not all human interaction is a conspiracy against someone else, take business for example, the very foundation stone of our world society. I do find it interesting though how the term "conspiracy theory" shuts minds down and makes people get angry or sigh or turn their head, it seems to be like a physiological trigger to go back to sleep, mind control perhaps, or maybe I am just a paranoid loser as the first post would suggest. In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king.. N

What I meant from "Ignorence is bliss" are for those who take the world at face value and accept everything that is told to them, they are bliss in their ignorance but as soon as you begin to delve into the depths you may find some scary truths. And so the bliss is gone.

Nasu
4th May 2011, 20:00
"Ignorance is bliss."

What I meant from "Ignorence is bliss" are for those who take the world at face value and accept everything that is told to them, they are bliss in their ignorance but as soon as you begin to delve into the depths you may find some scary truths. And so the bliss is gone.

I know you did. Sorry, I didn't mean it to sound personal against you. Your right, the bliss goes, but after time comes empowerment and self reliance of thought and action. In my small experience I only uncover more questions, not answers, for those I have come to trust my gut.. N

Peacelovinman
4th May 2011, 20:05
There is a psychological aspect to all theories, in my opinion. This is why mainstream science has, and continues to do so, held fast to outdated theories despite evidence that those theories were wrong.

A conspiracy theory is merely the theory that events happen due to the planning, in secret, of more than one individual. That could be said of most of the events, dare we say all the important geo-political events, that occur on our planet. However, as other posters have pointed out, the term is used to trigger the thought "whacko" when a media type applies it to a person questioning the status quo.

It behoves us all, IMHO, to continually examine our beliefs and ensure that the evidence still indicates they are valid, and we are not holding them due to some psychological pay-off or another.

Nasu
4th May 2011, 20:14
There is a psychological aspect to all theories, in my opinion. This is why mainstream science has, and continues to do so, held fast to outdated theories despite evidence that those theories were wrong.

A conspiracy theory is merely the theory that events happen due to the planning, in secret, of more than one individual. That could be said of most of the events, dare we say all the important geo-political events, that occur on our planet. However, as other posters have pointed out, the term is used to trigger the thought "whacko" when a media type applies it to a person questioning the status quo.

It behoves us all, IMHO, to continually examine our beliefs and ensure that the evidence still indicates they are valid, and we are not holding them due to some psychological pay-off or another.
I agree, we must be cautious of holding anything to be true, other than our senses and discernment. Our limited view is so subjective, I believe that is one of the greatest strengths of this forum, the opportunity to see something from a very different viewpoint to our own, yet find it can resonate enough to warrant further study or investigation. The other great strength is its power to transform, its a numbers game, 1900+ and counting, souls giving daily ripples out into their wider communities. I love you guys.. N x

KosmicKat
4th May 2011, 20:41
Hi again,

I was just sitting here wondering if anyone else has had these thoughts about many of the conspiracies, DISTRACTIONS overall. Maybe they are kept alive by agent provocateurs to keep us from investigating and understanding what Free Energy is, why it is suppressed. Just think if we had Free Energy how much faster our spiritual evolution would happen individually and collectively. Even the teaching of spirituality today are encouraging individuals to be focused within themselves to find the answers/ great but what a slow process for humanity at large.

I agree that a great many of the conspiracy theories that grab our attention are distractions. If we begin to become enlightened, we become that much harder to contain.

But free energy, to give us more free time to seek enlightenment? I think that might be a blind alley for a lot of us. My own studies suggest that many people at least behave in a more enlightened way in more demanding situations. Can't remember which thread, but there is one developing today that explores our imprisonment in our own minds. When we can work or play flat out without sacrificing spiritual awareness, we are approaching enlightenment.

I agree, we must be cautious of holding anything to be true, other than our senses and discernment.

And don't forget the caveat of Ebenezer Scrooge when confronted with the spectre of Jacob Marley; even our senses are liars. It is my belief that when we find the truth, we find it first within ourselves!

Rocky_Shorz
4th May 2011, 20:53
well I love nothing more than proving a conspiracy theory is true,

what happens to the articles reason then, do the non believers start to believe?

or does it create a domino effect that proves more to be true?

KosmicKat
5th May 2011, 01:12
It seems to be the case, if anything, that we move on to the next distraction

Seikou-Kishi
5th May 2011, 03:44
Of course 'conspiracism' would be labelled as a neurosis; that way, by way of that old favourite, the straw-man, we can say "Of course your perfectly logical argument is untrue, you're ill". We see it all the time today. How many times have you heard "Oh, pay no heed, it's just a conspiracy theory". The very name is enough to shoot a valid question down in flames. When people say to me "Oh but that's just a conspiracy theory" I say to them "Pretend it weren't and answer the questions anyway."

Lord Sidious
5th May 2011, 03:56
Of course 'conspiracism' would be labelled as a neurosis; that way, by way of that old favourite, the straw-man, we can say "Of course your perfectly logical argument is untrue, you're ill". We see it all the time today. How many times have you heard "Oh, pay no heed, it's just a conspiracy theory". The very name is enough to shoot a valid question down in flames. When people say to me "Oh but that's just a conspiracy theory" I say to them "Pretend it weren't and answer the questions anyway."

That is what the soviets did with dissidents, you are ill, off to the gulag with you.

5th May 2011, 08:36
I agree that a great many of the conspiracy theories that grab our attention are distractions. If we begin to become enlightened, we become that much harder to contain.

But free energy, to give us more free time to seek enlightenment? I think that might be a blind alley for a lot of us. My own studies suggest that many people at least behave in a more enlightened way in more demanding situations. Can't remember which thread, but there is one developing today that explores our imprisonment in our own minds. When we can work or play flat out without sacrificing spiritual awareness, we are approaching enlightenment.

I agree with this firmly. I've always noticed that you can't take the child out of human beings unless you inflict upon them the worst kind of oppression and/or abuse. We all love playing at whatever "game" we choose, even if that is sheer nosiness and curiosity about the world around us. If finding free energy is our game of choice, we'll play it, and therein may well come closer to an enlightened state, but that's not for everyone.

I find my higher selves coming through when I hold a pen and write music. Often the page is full before I've even noticed I'm doing it, kinda like those car journey's where you arrive at your destination without recalling anything of the trip. Reuniting that with the original topic.......there used to be a shooting tower and a cave near my house as a kid. I wasn't allowed to go there since it was dangerous. First thing I used to do with my spare time? Don't need to say it do I really.......

enfoldedblue
5th May 2011, 11:14
Quote 777: "It must just be a coincidence that many conspiracy theorists tend to be more spiritual than the norm, or have had multiple other-worldly experiences then?"

I was just thinking the otherday that maybe the reason why some people are more prone to look into conspiracies is because these people are more sensitive to energy and sense there is something very wrong with the version of reality that we are being spoon-fed.

5th May 2011, 11:44
I was just thinking the otherday that maybe the reason why some people are more prone to look into conspiracies is because these people are more sensitive to energy and sense there is something very wrong with the version of reality that we are being spoon-fed.

"Morpheus: I imagine that right now, you're feeling a bit like Alice. Hmm? Tumbling down the rabbit hole?
Neo: You could say that.
Morpheus: I see it in your eyes. You have the look of a man who accepts what he sees because he is expecting to wake up. Ironically, that's not far from the truth. Do you believe in fate, Neo?
Neo: No.
Morpheus: Why not?
Neo: Because I don't like the idea that I'm not in control of my life.
Morpheus: I know *exactly* what you mean. Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me. Do you know what I'm talking about?
Neo: The Matrix.
Morpheus: Do you want to know what it is?
Neo: Yes.
Morpheus: The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.
Neo: What truth?
Morpheus: That you are a slave, Neo. Like everyone else you were born into bondage. Into a prison that you cannot taste or see or touch. A prison for your mind."

I thought this quote relevant your post enfoldedblue. I see it as no accident either. Like you say, spiritual people are far more energy sensitive and most I've met have kinda "always known", if that makes sense?

Mad Hatter
5th May 2011, 11:47
Thank you Koyaanisqati for eliciting some interesting responses... To a certain extent these are based on ones definition of 'conspiracy'

I like to use 'Conspiracy' = Any meeting held behind closed doors. Thus I've been surrounded by them all my life.

bet if I gave him a gps, sextantand a map he couldn't find his arse.
Of course not my Lord, do you not see his hands are full?? :p

Has anyone noticed how often termslike conspiracy theory, the whacko fringe element, etc. are being used in mediathese days?
Yes. A common lamestream meeja smear tactic. At best it is the dawning of truth going through the ridicule stage.

:rofl:
Well, it seems that one has to answer a simple question. I won't reference anyof my own research to make this statement.
Are these Psychologists accurate in their assessment?
For ME the answer is obvious. ^_^
Would you be referring to those with the arrogance to presume they know what is going on inside someone elses head then prescribe drugs for a purported chemical imbalance in the brain without a mecahnism for measuring that balance in the first place? :(

In the land of the blind the one eyedman is king.. N
I think it more likely he would actually considered insane... ;)

cheers

sygh
5th May 2011, 12:40
I have one word for ya: PROPAGANDA.

king anthony
5th May 2011, 14:29
In 1936 American commentator H. L. Mencken wrote...

According to some psychologists, a person who believes in one conspiracy theory tends to believe in others; a person who does not believe in one conspiracy theory tends not to believe another.

I say, many rely on the thoughts and words of another, for the conditioning of "this time" has made it so.

I say, "is a conspiracy theorist one that exposes conspiracies or one that conspires"!? Does not one conspire to make a conspirator of another!?

Seikou-Kishi
5th May 2011, 14:59
No; one doesn't conspire to make of another a conspirator; conspiracy, quite literally "breathing together", is done in secret behind closed doors (as though huddled together, to avert prying eyes). Most conspiracy theorists quite openly make their accusations, thus failing the 'secrecy' element for conspiracy. To conspire to do something is to work together in secret, working together in public is just collaboration.

king anthony
5th May 2011, 15:04
No; one doesn't conspire to make of another a conspirator...

I say, you have not understood my words.

Seikou-Kishi
5th May 2011, 15:09
No; one doesn't conspire to make of another a conspirator...

I say, you have not understood my words.

I can't say I know which you were using then, but mine were English.

mondaze
5th May 2011, 18:30
beware of metonyms, they are usually used as a sloppy way of evoking an idea without explaining it. (Metonym-A figure of speech in which one word or phrase is substituted for another with which it is closely associated,)for example the use of the word Crown to describe English law or the word Washington to describe the American political system. Conspiracy theory is a metonym, and is clearly associated with kooks, nutters and sad lonely individuals (like us) who are concerned with a hidden hand of authority which plainly doesn't exist.... does it?
everytime you see or hear a metonym shout and rail against it! It is the literary equivalent of a sigil and we all know who uses them!

Seikou-Kishi
5th May 2011, 18:33
I'm not sad and lonely... nutter I can live with haha

araucaria
5th May 2011, 19:49
Did you hear this little conspiracy story about a member of an influential family who became a whistleblower after a paranormal experience revealed corruption in high places: a sex scandal and murder?

He survived an attempt on his own life during extraordinary rendition after intercepting a secret message to a foreign power.

He gathered circumstantial evidence of the original murder, suggesting that it was in fact a copycat crime, using the most fanciful methods that would not stand up in a court of law.

He was finally killed by friendly fire which turned out to be a false flag incident, not without taking revenge on his enemies.

You’ve never heard about this? Oh but I think you have! This is Shakespeare’s Hamlet, revered by all, including the very people who love to tell you that conspiracy theorists are nutters.

mondaze
5th May 2011, 20:07
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_XnKjS3oWs&playnext=1&list=PL21CE819DD9C1CC77
nothing to see here! warning some bad language and bad attitude!

yaksuit
5th May 2011, 20:50
" 'Deathers' take over where 'birthers' left off "

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/05/05/birthers.deathers/index.html?hpt=C1

Taurean
5th May 2011, 21:49
Some conspiracy theories cancel one another out, I mean if Nibiru is going to wash London right down the Thames estuary this Autumn, why bother organising the Zionist 2012 Olympics ?

Maia Gabrial
6th May 2011, 02:22
Yep.... that's what I be saying....

Lord Sidious
6th May 2011, 08:20
Some conspiracy theories cancel one another out, I mean if Nibiru is going to wash London right down the Thames estuary this Autumn, why bother organising the Zionist 2012 Olympics ?

Not necessarily.
What do you think would happen if the majority of the population found out that certain nations stopped planning anything past x date?
This is called a deception plan.

Koyaanisqatsi
8th May 2011, 19:44
I know the ability to discern in a world of deception becomes paramount. We shouldn't believe in every conspiracy that seems semi-supported by evidence. There's a big difference between "not being able to rule them out" and "trying to convince your friends and strangers" that x or y conspiracy is real. I've only recently shifted from my suspitions that that aliens are around in space and coming to visit, to the idea that aliens "colonized" earth DEEP in antiquity and currently have mostly died off, living in dwindling numbers in underground structures. I suspect this to be true, but don't "believe" it. I won't try to convince anyone of such a belief. This is a critical issue perhaps for many of us here on Avalon.
"