PDA

View Full Version : Feds sting Amish farmer selling raw milk locally

astrid
5th May 2011, 15:34
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/apr/28/feds-sting-amish-farmer-selling-raw-milk-locally/?page=all#pagebreak

"A yearlong sting operation, including aliases, a 5 a.m. surprise inspection and surreptitious purchases from an Amish farm in Pennsylvania, culminated in the federal government announcing this week that it has gone to court to stop Rainbow Acres Farm from selling its contraband to willing customers in the Washington area.

The product in question: unpasteurized milk.

It’s a battle that’s been going on behind the scenes for years, with natural foods advocates arguing that raw milk, as it’s also known, is healthier than the pasteurized product, while the Food and Drug Administration says raw milk can carry harmful bacteria such as salmonella, E. coli and listeria.

“It is the FDA’s position that raw milk should never be consumed,” said Tamara N. Ward, spokeswoman for the FDA, whose investigators have been looking into Rainbow Acres for months, and who finally last week filed a 10-page complaint in federal court in Pennsylvania seeking an order to stop the farm from shipping across state lines any more raw milk or dairy products made from it.

The farm’s owner, Dan Allgyer, didn’t respond to a message seeking comment, but his customers in the District of Columbia and Maryland were furious at what they said was government overreach.

“I look at this as the FDA is in cahoots with the large milk producers,” said Karin Edgett, a D.C. resident who buys directly from Rainbow Acres. “I don’t want the FDA and my tax dollars to go to shut down a farm that hasn’t had any complaints against it. They’re producing good food, and the consumers are extremely happy with it.”

The FDA’s actions stand in contrast to other areas where the Obama administration has said it will take a hands-off approach to violations of the law, including the use of medical marijuana in states that have approved it, and illegal-immigrant students and youths, whom the administration said recently will not be targets of their enforcement efforts.

Raw-milk devotees say pasteurization, the process of heating food to kill harmful organisms, eliminates good bacteria as well, and changes the taste and health benefits of the milk. Many raw-milk drinkers say they feel much healthier after changing over to it, and insist they should have the freedom of choice regarding their food.

One defense group says there are as many as 10 million raw-milk consumers in the country. Sales are perfectly legal in 10 states but illegal in 11 states and the District, with the other states having varying restrictions on purchase or consumption.

Many food safety researchers say pasteurization, which became widespread in the 1920s and 1930s, dramatically reduced instances of milk-transmitted diseases such as typhoid fever and diphtheria. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says there is no health benefit from raw milk that cannot be obtained from pasteurized milk."

I have been buying organic raw milk lately, it tastes really good.

Lord Sidious
5th May 2011, 16:05
If only they would wise up.
Sell the milk with a disclaimer that you have no control over the milk and what it is used for after you have sold it and that you are selling it as bathing milk.

5th May 2011, 16:12
Sell the milk with a disclaimer that you have no control over the milk and what it is used for after you have sold it and that you are selling it as bathing milk.

haha! I know you meant this with no humour (I think) but I can't help but chuckle at the simplicity in your wisdom, love it.

Lord Sidious
5th May 2011, 16:14

haha! I know you meant this with no humour (I think) but I can't help but chuckle at the simplicity in your wisdom, love it.

Nope, no humour, that is the remedy to the problem.

5th May 2011, 16:15

Nope, no humour, that is the remedy to the problem.

Damn right it is sir.

T Smith
5th May 2011, 16:26

Ingenious. But we serfs have no rights to ingenuity. I'm sure the Feds will make the argument that this is equivalent to growing/selling opium for perfume.

Providence
5th May 2011, 16:33
i am in a food club that provides raw-milk along with other locally grown meat, pork, chicken and produce. The dairy farms also use the 'cow-share' practice to bypass the strict regulations on raw-milk sales by the FDA. These farmers do a wonderful job and yet they are harassed constantly by FDA representative 'inspections' where their only objective, which they readily admit, is to find enough evidence to shut their operations down.
This isn't about food safety, obviously with the huge number of toxic and chemical-ridden products which are endorsed by the FDA, this is about control, corporate control, eliminating competition that erodes corporate assets, forcing you to buy their products.
I would hope that others would reach out, become a member and support your local farmers and food club organizations. If an when something like an economic catastrophe does hit, and the food store shelves are empty and have no means to restock, being connected to these local farmers will be more valuable than gold.

Calz
5th May 2011, 16:34
As a kid my folks got fresh milk from a local farmer.

That was before "growth hormone" injections for cows.

There are so many crimes of an unimaginable scope and level going on in this and most other countries it numbs the senses.

I would elaborate but most all here know ... so why bother???

I started this response with the urge to rant about what the feds *should* be doing rather than stalking the Amish community ... but that would lead into an hour rant that I just don't feel up to.

The corporate criminal actions regarding food and health are beyond belief ... surpassed only by how *we* as a society have become so complacent to accept what amounts to little more than a stealth drip drip genocide. I suspect Pete Petersen was correct in that 90% really cannot resist the mind control.

Bottom line is corporations control the world and the elite (with stealth hidden accounting) control the corporations.

They figured out Kings and Dictators draw out (eventually) the pitchfork crowds so they hide behind the illusion of corporations who have no other purpose than to make money at any expense ... passing it along to the elite.

Franny
5th May 2011, 17:24
I have been drinking raw milk since a child and never had any problems. I grew up in a dairy area just on the border of a town called Dairy Valley. I was in Future Farmers of America and did only dairy projects and went on to major in Animal Sciences in college doing only dairy projects, no slaughter houses for me...till a college class dragged me into one. I became a vegetarian at 16 because I didnʻt want to eat the cows at the end of my road or any others.

The bottom line is that organic raw milk dairys do not belong to the dairy coops monopoly and so remain beyond itʻs control. In this day and at this time the only real opposition is due to coop monopoly control and money - and the FDA, NOT health issues. Raw milk dairies are cleaner and follow much stricter guidelines than coop dairies. I know, Iʻve been to them.

It takes continued opposition to the coop supported FDA and states to continue selling raw milk for any reason because they relentlessly seek to close down all organic raw milk dairies or bring them into the pasteurized coop fold. They succeeded in Southern California in the 1990s, itʻs now a pasteurized milk only dairy, and continue with the one in Northern Cali. Itʻs a constant pounding as the state tightens laws due to coop and FDA demands.

They have started targeting the insurance companies that sell insurance to the health food stores as well. One storesʻ insu co refused to continue to insure them if they didnʻt stop selling raw milk. They had never had a problem and the NorCal dairy had had no health issues either.

That dairy grazes cows on organic grass and feeds other organic foods, unlike coop pens where they stand knee deep in their own manure and eat highly questionable food. Coops are highly likely to use the GhB hormone and always dump antibiotics into food. The hormone stresses the cows body and ultimately causes udder infections, with more antibiotics given, and a shorter life span. Not to mention the stress of spending their entire lives in a manure filled pen.

Which dairy would anyone, who stops to think and educate themselves on the issues, choose - if they drink milk?

Franny
5th May 2011, 17:31
Ingenious. But we serfs have no rights to ingenuity. I'm sure the Feds will make the argument that this is equivalent to growing/selling opium for perfume.

In conjunction with a recent ruling an FDA spokesman said the the American people do not have a right to choose specific foods, they only have a right to FDA permitted food...or something to that effect. I had downloaded the ruling but deleted it when I cleaned up my desktop. Itʻs still available if you search.

9eagle9
5th May 2011, 17:46
We have cow clubs here. Several people get together and pay shares into a cow. They 'purchase' the raw milk under the guise of paying for its room and board (the shares) Its not against the law to get raw milk its against the law to SELL it or PAY for it. In this area anyway . The FDA could give a **** about what we consume as long as the Feds get some kickback from it. These are private arrangements about the care of an animal and the farmer can do as they will with the milk.

i am in a food club that provides raw-milk along with other locally grown meat, pork, chicken and produce. The dairy farms also use the 'cow-share' practice to bypass the strict regulations on raw-milk sales by the FDA. These farmers do a wonderful job and yet they are harassed constantly by FDA representative 'inspections' where their only objective, which they readily admit, is to find enough evidence to shut their operations down.
This isn't about food safety, obviously with the huge number of toxic and chemical-ridden products which are endorsed by the FDA, this is about control, corporate control, eliminating competition that erodes corporate assets, forcing you to buy their products.
I would hope that others would reach out, become a member and support your local farmers and food club organizations. If an when something like an economic catastrophe does hit, and the food store shelves are empty and have no means to restock, being connected to these local farmers will be more valuable than gold.

Calz
5th May 2011, 17:54
We have cow clubs here. Several people get together and pay shares into a cow. They 'purchase' the raw milk under the guise of paying for its room and board (the shares) Its not against the law to get raw milk its against the law to SELL it or PAY for it. In this area anyway . The FDA could give a **** about what we consume as long as the Feds get some kickback from it. These are private arrangements about the care of an animal and the farmer can do as they will with the milk.

I would hazard to guess the Amish are specifically targeted for several reasons (high on the list refusing vaccinations)

Fred Steeves
5th May 2011, 17:57
I was commenting to my wife this morning that they don't really even care any more how transparent their lies and deceptions are any more. The Rubicon has been crossed and concealment is more or less just going through the motions now. The milk thing just goes hand in hand with blowing the levees to flood 130,000 acres of prime farm land in Missouri.

Funny, when I first saw the movie Highlander back in the 80's, I never dreamt the phrase "there can only be one" would take on some real life meaning further down the road. I wonder if they've noticed the growing lack of fear of them yet?

Cheers,
Fred S.

phillipbbg
5th May 2011, 18:05
I can remember my grandmother used to get her milk straight from a local farmer and she used to always bring the milk to the boil herself.... that was what you did before "Big Biz" got its mits on the industry... so if you are concerned about bacteria just bring the milk to the boil yourself.. (don't boil it!!!) also at least you will know that nothing else has been added.....

I often make my own butter just by beating cream and adding my own salt etc (NO ADDED CHEMICALS)

It is ok if you do things for yourself in the world..... before the world wars everyone did...

Mike
5th May 2011, 18:27
an important post. thanks astrid.

as a purchaser of raw milk myself, i know that some farmers use the disclaimer "for pets only" and seem to fly under the radar. seems to be the way around all the pageantry

blufire
5th May 2011, 18:42
I produce and sell raw milk from my goats and Jersey cow. The law in Kansas states the consumer can only purchase raw milk directly from the farm it is produced. I take extra precaution and label the milk “for animal use only”.

I have a waiting list for the milk and give priority to families with babies and young children, especially with the goat’s milk. I wish I cold produce more but am very aware of not over using my land and keeping it fully sustainable. Sadly few farmers want to go into the milk business because of all the “flack”, not to mention having to milk twice a day and through the winter is not just a whole lot of fun sometimes.

Please support your local farmer and be reasonable with the amount that has to be charged. If I were to pay myself on an hourly rate, it would be a negative number!!

an important post. thanks astrid.

as a purchaser of raw milk myself, i know that some farmers use the disclaimer "for pets only" and seem to fly under the radar. seems to be the way around all the pageantry

Calz
5th May 2011, 18:48
Please support your local farmer and be reasonable with the amount that has to be charged. If I were to pay myself on an hourly rate, it would be a negative number!!

And please recognize these are the people who are trying (against all odds at times) to provide us with healthy food. Organic produce (the real stuff) is really worth more than we can imagine. :hungry:

K626
5th May 2011, 18:49
I drink raw milk whenever I can get it. Excellent stuff. Paturised milk has no aura.

cheers

K

http://www.hamfelderhof.de/grafiken/HamfelderHof_Anzeige_1702.gif

Darla Ken Pearce
5th May 2011, 18:55
Thanks for posting this reminder of the great waste the whole federal government represents and how much we do not need any of them! Wow. In 1989 I had an opportunity to roam among the Amish. Not at the tourist traps but out in the countryside of PA. What a delight ~ like turning back the clock to an older Germany. The little hats are so cute and the aprons brought back memories of my grandmothers. The control issues are being changed as no one can remain the same as no thing in the whole universe stays the same for long. What is so amazing about this story is that these less than bright officials (and I am restraining myself here) have used all their cunning powers for over one year to do something ridiculous with money we entrusted to them to do right, good, and demonstrate restraint while using these powers. Get out your erasers for big changes!

Many of us ~ do not realize that we are a self-sustaining, self-governing, self-healing group of Homo Sapiens very close now to changing into Homo Christos. How refreshing it would be to be allowed to live without the zillions of ridiculous beyond belief ~ laws. So many choke the books and statutes that each of us breaks dozens each day and it's totally arbitrary whether we will be arrested for breathing or not on any particular afternoon or evening. These clots upon our freedom allow fear to enter our daily lives in too many negative ways and cause stress to the max amount possible as they were designed to control all aspects of our lives or death by stress factor. Everyone is normally afraid of strange spiders but we also share a fear of red lights coming suddenly in our rear view mirrors even more than an occasional spider as we can, if necessary just step on those.

Well, this whole lot ~ of less than diligent beings and overlords are about to be fired and will be forced to do something truly creative like GET A LIFE! We are to become creators in our own right and we are becoming creative beings who will have time to develop all the skills we learned and mastered over million of years and over 400 lifetimes. (That blossoming inside you is the unity of these lives meshing together as ONE) We are a lot of talent rolled into one person, but you know, we are up to the challenge and I say, bring on the beauty! Let the good times roll! It is time, time, time to get out of linear time and how about a 1,000 year period for starters of Peace and Prosperity. Yes, yes, yes! We can do this! We can do this! We can do this! xoxoxoxoxox

Maia Gabrial
6th May 2011, 00:52
Hey 9eagles9,
I agree with you. And I have a feeling that your opinions go as deep as mine. For instance:

Why have we accepted such outrageous laws preventing us from buying what we think is best for ourselves and our families? It's OUR business anyway.... Why would anybody pass such nefarious laws and violate our rights as sovereign beings? Should this really be within their authority? We shouldn't have to justify what we want to eat, where we get it or when or why we want it.....Why do we have to look for ways around laws that'll make us criminals for it? Can you imagine how it'll sound, for instance, when someone has done their time for buying raw milk from a cow that wasn't injected with Codex Alarmanarius....? Makes me furious.....How about you?

All I can say is that if we stand up for our own SOVEREIGNTY, these things won't happen to us. We have to take back what has been stolen from us. I'm looking forward to the day when all these pukes are prosecuted for crimes against humanity.... How about you?

Anchor
6th May 2011, 00:58

Yup, like the guy in Australia who sells MMS as a water purification system. He was nearly taken down, and had to remove all the commentary from his website, but he still gets to sell MMS because WE ARE NOT FRICKIN STUPID!

davyj0nes
6th May 2011, 19:17
i'm going to have to agree with the federali on this one until i know more. the article does not talk about how rainbow acres farm came to the attention of the FDA. What are the laws concerning the sale of raw milk in Pennsylvania? Was anyone hurt, or infected by consuming the cow's milk? What on earth took the FDA so long to move against the farm? either the guy is selling cow's milk or not. Perhaps the article is sensationalizing a little, making it sound like a scene from xXx or something.

Tane Mahuta
7th May 2011, 02:41

TaneM has a GSOH, you got me on this one LS. Luv it! 2280 posts, wow....I bow in your presence.

Regards TM

Lord Sidious
7th May 2011, 05:47

TaneM has a GSOH, you got me on this one LS. Luv it! 2280 posts, wow....I bow in your presence.

Regards TM

You don't have to bow to me, I am just a man like you are.
Only thing is, I am head of the Sith Order. :p

Calz
7th May 2011, 06:09

Sith ... that is the one after Fith ... correct??? :laser:

Lord Sidious
7th May 2011, 06:15

Only if you are illiterate and or dyslexic :p

Calz
7th May 2011, 06:19

Only if you are illiterate and or dyslexic :p

Hey I resemble that remark ... :jester:

Calz
8th May 2011, 04:18
More FDA related nonsense in a world gone mad.

2 for 1 special today:

FDA claims power to seize food without evidence of contamination

A few hours ago, the Food and Drug Administration declared it no longer needs credible evidence to seize food that may be contaminated. Ignoring the Fourth Amendment entirely, the FDA claims that based on mere suspicion that a food product has been contaminated or mislabeled, and that serious illness or death will result, it can hold the food for 30 days while it then looks for evidence. It claims this power under the Food Safety Modernization Act, which President Monsanto, I mean, Obama, signed in January.

http://www.infowars.com/fda-claims-power-to-seize-food-without-evidence-of-contamination/

We cannot neglect our good friends at big pharma so:

FDA approved Big Pharma drugs without effectiveness data

Consumers constantly are told how complicated it is to get a new drug on the market. After all, researchers have to jump through all sorts of hoops to assure safety before new therapies are approved for the public, right?

It turns out they may be missing some of those hoops or not jumping through some of the most important ones.

In fact, huge red flags are being raised about how drugs are tested and approved in two new studies, including one just published in the May 4th issue of the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA).

A case in point: it turns out that only about half of the new prescription medications pushed onto the market over the last decade had the proper data together for the U.S. Food and Drug Administration – yet the FDA approved them anyhow.

The information in question is known specifically as comparative effectiveness data. And it is – or should be – a very big deal when it comes to deciding whether a drug should be approved and sold to the public.

http://www.infowars.com/fda-approved-big-pharma-drugs-without-effectiveness-data/

jupiter
8th May 2011, 08:57
We went through the same thing with a local farmer about 5 years ago .
We used to buy our milk straight out of the vat from his dairy and there was an honesty box,or tin, for the doe
We also used to buy our meat at a very reasonable price all you had to do was help with the butchering.so you could get the cuts you wanted.Of course the local shop keepers were none to happy and some trouble ensued for the fellow ,eventually it was all knocked on the head with a final warning letter.
He is now retired and the farm has been sold off ,his beautiful farm ,instead of being lovely rolling green hills is now a bloody housing estate and we are forced to purchase the rubbish milk that the supermarkets flog. There was a report on the news just last week ,where they tested the milk in the major food chains and most of it was found to be unfit for human consumption, lucky it has been crapperized or what ever it is they do.
At least I can still go up in the hills and take some meat when needed
Kind regards James

Lord Sidious
8th May 2011, 10:02
This is all bluff and it will continue until someone calls their bluff.
Imagine they went out to some guys farm to seize x and a stack of the agents got shot?
You think they would be in a hurry to mess with the next guy?
Always remember, there are more of us than there is of ''them'' and they know that too.
I successfully call ''them'' out all the time and no violence too.

Calz
8th May 2011, 10:12
This is all bluff and it will continue until someone calls their bluff.
Imagine they went out to some guys farm to seize x and a stack of the agents got shot?
You think they would be in a hurry to mess with the next guy?
Always remember, there are more of us than there is of ''them'' and they know that too.
I successfully call ''them'' out all the time and no violence too.

I remember a story from when Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans area (don't recall exactly where so no link).

FEMA, for those who don't know or have forgotten, blocked off all relief aide from any source other than themselves for the whole area (tried collecting guns as well).

Well, one group of "good ol' boys" were having a big shipment of food supplies brought in and when FEMA tried to stop it there was a "Mexican standoff" with guns drawn. No shots were fired. Feds were the first to blink and backed down. If there were any charges filed I didn't hear about it.

Anyway ... there is certainly some truth to what m'lord suggests.

TimelessDimensions
8th May 2011, 14:59
The feds are digging their own graves very quickly these days.. So ignorant they are.

If anyone troubles you personally, you can write me a PM. My oath to protect and serve also stands with any other honorable Project Avalon member.

jjl
8th May 2011, 15:03
Dear Timeless,
My neighbors throw garbage from thier window and let thier dog loose and it comes after me. sign me -tired of being a dog treat

Lost Soul
9th May 2011, 01:00
It's all about control of the food supply and .gov's bosses, the major food corporations, hate competition. I doubt if any of us is a lot safer now that the poor Amish farmer is in trouble. I'd rather have .gov go after gang-bangers who terrorize neighborhoods and help propagate the "don't snitch" sub-culture that permits latent criminal activity. Nope, Amish farmers are safer to arrest than some gang-banger who would shoot you dead for looking at him wrong.

king anthony
9th May 2011, 01:16
I say, why is milk one of the food groups, other then it is in the best interest of dairy farmers and "them".

To add, years ago, I spoke to a person (a "university scientist") who was genetically modifying milk (literally); at the time we spoke, this particular modification was just perfected - during the discussion, I could not get passed the part when this person said the "public" will not be asked or informed about this.

Arpheus
9th May 2011, 01:49
What a LOAD OF CRAP the FDA knows nothing i grew up consuming raw milk and never in my life got sick from doing so,although i no longer consume it because where i live at is nearly impossible to find such product i lived my young years off of raw milk and sub-products from it such as cheese made with raw milk and natural yogurt made from raw milk,like i said THE FDA KNOWS NOTHING,and they dont care about our health,raw milk is bad for you and its ok to consume aspartame and other poisons that they approve to put into the food we consume what a freaking joke!

9eagle9
9th May 2011, 01:57
I'm looking forward to the day when we can avoid prosecution of the pukes because their mother's have eaten them at birth.

Hey 9eagles9,
I agree with you. And I have a feeling that your opinions go as deep as mine. For instance:

Why have we accepted such outrageous laws preventing us from buying what we think is best for ourselves and our families? It's OUR business anyway.... Why would anybody pass such nefarious laws and violate our rights as sovereign beings? Should this really be within their authority? We shouldn't have to justify what we want to eat, where we get it or when or why we want it.....Why do we have to look for ways around laws that'll make us criminals for it? Can you imagine how it'll sound, for instance, when someone has done their time for buying raw milk from a cow that wasn't injected with Codex Alarmanarius....? Makes me furious.....How about you?

All I can say is that if we stand up for our own SOVEREIGNTY, these things won't happen to us. We have to take back what has been stolen from us. I'm looking forward to the day when all these pukes are prosecuted for crimes against humanity.... How about you?

9eagle9
9th May 2011, 02:06
And...he looks quite forward to completing your training Tane. In time you will call him Master ;)

Regards TM

You don't have to bow to me, I am just a man like you are.

9eagle9
9th May 2011, 03:13
They do it with other types of dairy like eggs too. I raise my own eggs (I don't lay them myself but... you know...) . Half of everyone I know wants a carton of those eggs. The other half are leery of them because of the propaganda of the FDA. Salmonella, e coli, infectious diseases rampant in chickens and in eggs that aren't pastuerized. They wrinkle their nose at them because they aren't all sanitized but unprocessed eggs are actually more bacterial resistant. There's a natural film over the egg that prevents bacteria from entering that's removed during commerical processing (washing). With home grown eggs they can stay on the counter, unrefrigerated, for a month or more. I just don't wash them until before I use them.

They feed home growers of eggs the fable their chickens need to be given antiobiotics. Utter rubbish. Those are agro commerical, mass produced laying factory issues. Never given my hens medication. Never had a problem with my hens or eggs at all. Their healthy because they're not stressed at all, they have happy natural chicken lives and providing that for them costs hardly nothing. I LOVE my girls, and they lay happy love eggs. (drippy grin)

I don't sell my eggs but selling four cartons and I could re-coup (no pun intended) what I spend on feed for them.

I can toss their eggs from a second story window and they won't break.... what makes store bought eggs so fragile? IN fact an egg accidentally ended up in some leaves I was burning today. Completely hardboiled not a crack in the shell. So I tried a few more thinking it was a fluke. Nope they didn't break either.

What a LOAD OF CRAP the FDA knows nothing i grew up consuming raw milk and never in my life got sick from doing so,although i no longer consume it because where i live at is nearly impossible to find such product i lived my young years off of raw milk and sub-products from it such as cheese made with raw milk and natural yogurt made from raw milk,like i said THE FDA KNOWS NOTHING,and they dont care about our health,raw milk is bad for you and its ok to consume aspartame and other poisons that they approve to put into the food we consume what a freaking joke!

ThePythonicCow
9th May 2011, 03:42
I raise my own eggs
I get my eggs from a local farmer. Each week I stop by the hens little pasture to say howdy, and they rush over, clucking at me, wondering why I don't have some feed for them. Happy eggs.

I get my milk there too (I don't make it myself, you know ... ;).)

giovonni
16th May 2011, 23:59
Posted at 04:01 PM ET, 05/16/2011
Raw-milk advocates have a cow on Capitol Hill
By James Buck

http://www.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_606w/WashingtonPost/Content/Blogs/the-buzz/201105/Images/milkprotest-4147.jpg?uuid=VVJ3zn_xEeCjT_cl8g8vyQ

story here;
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-buzz/post/raw-milk-advocates-have-a-cow-on-capitol-hill/2011/05/16/AFLhG64G_blog.html?wprss=the-buzz

Carmen
17th May 2011, 00:52
My son's youngest daughter was always sickly as a toddler. It wasnt till she was given raw milk that she because healthy and well. It a perfect food before it is tampered with.

happyexpat
17th May 2011, 14:34
If only they would just label it for pet consumption only. Our Amish friends have not had one single lick of trouble since they put that label on. I've tried to tell other people about it, but they want to argue rather than take the simple way and get on with life. Must be their karmic path or something.

nearing
17th May 2011, 17:36
Wish I could get some raw milk here. The closest I could find to getting a share of a cow was Texas! One state over!

Calz
17th May 2011, 17:59
Wish I could get some raw milk here. The closest I could find to getting a share of a cow was Texas! One state over!

A cow from Texas??? ... MOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ... expect Paul to make an appearance soon!!!

:mod: :mod: :mod:

Lord Sidious
17th May 2011, 18:02
If only they would just label it for pet consumption only. Our Amish friends have not had one single lick of trouble since they put that label on. I've tried to tell other people about it, but they want to argue rather than take the simple way and get on with life. Must be their karmic path or something.

With law, you find the simplest remedy and do as little as possible to get it.
Problem is, people allow their ego to make them go through all sorts of procedures and the paperwork!
They also want to go in front of judges/magistrates and tell them the law and feed their own ego.
Do the bare minimum, get your remedy and get on with life.

giovonni
18th May 2011, 18:37
Ron Paul Introduces Unpasteurized Milk Bill http://healthfreedoms.org/files/2011/05/110511RP-300x168.jpg

announcing his official campaign run for President, Congressman Ron Paul made a statement introducing legislation to allow interstate raw milk sales. He believes that people should have a right to consume something they believe to be healthy and if there is a major concern for safety it should be taken up via state and local laws. He references the recent FDA sting operation prosecuting Rainbow Acres Farm in Pennsylvania for meeting the club members’ demand for unpasteurized milk.

He also introduced legislation to require that the federal government respect state laws allowing industrial hemp to be cultivated in America. Currently industrial hemp is imported. Although industrial hemp is in the technical definition of marijuana, it contains only minute amounts of psychoactive chemicals.

The introduction of these bills have come at a perfect time to garner more awareness and support freedom to consume unpasteurized milk or create products using hemp resources. Paul hopes his colleagues will join him in cosponsoring the bill and promoting individual rights. Read his statement below.

~ Health Freedoms

more here;
http://healthfreedoms.org/2011/05/14/ron-paul-introduces-unpasteurized-milk-bill/

bearcow
18th May 2011, 20:59

or for pet consumption

this is what the local health food store does to get around the problem. the specifics of the laws vary from state to state.

I drink raw milk whenever I can get it. Excellent stuff. Paturised milk has no aura.

i wouldn't say it has no aura, but it is greatly diminished, so what you say is essentially true. when the milk is heated the yin chi escapes, so all you mom's out there who occasionally heat up breast milk, don't do it. The nurturing energies naturally present in it will leave.