PDA

View Full Version : Submission to the will of the One--to become a positive personality

danjenks007
6th May 2011, 18:56
Hi im new to this , so please bear with me.....:confused:

I am writing to ask what are people's views on title of this the thread.
Do you have any ideas what this entails as there is so many views on this subject
from -- spirtuality, religion, freedom thoughts, men of wisdom etc..

I have my own view which would be to apply serious control of the mind to bring about a positive personality by using words which bring about a real human biologically and mentally.- Thats my own opinion.

This can be achieved by adopting the best words to our processing of the mind controlling experience to create a personality for ourselves which will give an output and input for the positive link to our reality.

Here just a few of them words to apply to our making of our personality..

* Faith--Belief with out evidence
*Peaceful--free from war, commotion or disturbance
*Compassion--pity for the suffering with desire to help one another(sympathy)
*Forgive--to cease to blame or feel resentment against
*Appreciate--to be grateful for what we have got no matter how small it is (ie .. Food etc)
*Kind--to be helpful and friendly
*Gracious-- to be considerate and sympathetic,polite,benevolent
*Just--to be upright and honest,fair
*Generous--bestowing liberally,having noble qualities, being high minded
*Wise--having or showing insight, intuition,common sense or knowledge
*Embrace--to put ones arms around each other in greeting or affection
*Trust--something committed to one's care for use or safekeeping
*True--being real;genuine
*Repent--to change one's mind concerning past action
*Mercy-- the power to show kindness or compassion towards those in distress
*Guide--to show the way
*Firm--to be steadfast to our goals
*Strong--to be mentally powerful and courageous
*Love--to have deep devotion and affection
*Capable--to have suitable ability
*Reliant--to be dependant upon and trustworthy
*Gentle--mild and serene in nature or disposition
*Forbearing--to be patient or act patiently
*Light--a noteworthy or eminent person
*Noble--to be righteous,worthy and honorable
*Patient--possessing quiet, uncomplaining endurance under distress

I think i have touched on some of thease words which will inevitably help to change to the person who wishs to control there mind for the better cause in this reality.

Through my own experience this is the best source of words that will and did for me change the personality of the mind set,. depending on the request of power from change itself.

I hope this makes sense and please forgive me if you do not agree..

If you do not agree please give your views as i will be very interested in hearing them or should i say reading them..

Thankyou to all hope, enjoy my first thread

Steve C
6th May 2011, 19:16
This should'nt be off topic my friend,this is so so on topic.

Love you m8,your a star!

For a first thread....well...I LOVE IT...and that is an understatement.

Peace Brother.

Seikou-Kishi
6th May 2011, 19:27
Personally, I think submission is a loaded term, mostly because it suggests a lack of free will (except insofar as people submit of their own free will) and speaks of the domination people have felt at the hands of the Abrahamic religions. Let's not forget, though, that submission to the will of the One is the premise behind Islam, 'Muslim' meaning "one who submits (to Allah). I think a harmonious "melding together" is a better illustration of the idea than submission to 'him on high'.

Shezbeth
6th May 2011, 19:32
Thank you Dan, I appreciate your post.

You have presented an excellent list, which I would only make a few additions to. The definitions come from Dictionary.com, with my own comments in []'s

Class - - Of high quality, integrity, status, or style -- [possessing an observable, distinguishable margin of significant refinement]
Decorum - - Dignified propriety of behavior, speech, dress, etc. -- [denoting a practiced and consistent expression of quality, elegance, or refinement that is internally generated and motivated, independent of outside stimuli; quality not for reward or to avoid consequence, but for sake of quality]

danjenks007
6th May 2011, 19:42
Personally, I think submission is a loaded term, mostly because it suggests a lack of free will (except insofar as people submit of their own free will) and speaks of the domination people have felt at the hands of the Abrahamic religions. Let's not forget, though, that submission to the will of the One is the premise behind Islam, 'Muslim' meaning "one who submits (to Allah). I think a harmonious "melding together" is a better illustration of the idea than submission to 'him on high'.

i am muslim( good guess) but i believe that the religion has been hijacted and to my view we are not here under are free will as we are not incontrol of the quatum phyics of our biological system..
please excuse my view if you are offended by it , i thankyou for your view if worth the read.... peace to you

=[Post Update]=

Thank you Dan, I appreciate your post.

You have presented an excellent list, which I would only make a few additions to. The definitions come from Dictionary.com, with my own comments in []'s

Class - - Of high quality, integrity, status, or style -- [possessing an observable, distinguishable margin of significant refinement]
Decorum - - Dignified propriety of behavior, speech, dress, etc. -- [denoting a practiced and consistent expression of quality, elegance, or refinement that is internally generated and motivated, independent of outside stimuli; quality not for reward or to avoid consequence, but for sake of quality]

love this , thankyou

greybeard
6th May 2011, 19:43
Great thread
Words trigger up images which determine our response/reaction.
The brain is but a PC for us to use
So the more we input positive program the more we and others benefit via our friendly interaction with them.
GIGO
Garbage in Garbage Out.

Chris

greybeard
6th May 2011, 19:59
An easy way of "submitting" is accepting totally what is, that is not bing a door mat
Once a situation is fully accepted, then, appropriate positive action is possible.
Chris

edina
6th May 2011, 20:06
This is going to be an interesting study in meaning, thanks for sharing this, great first thread.

I'm finding myself feeling a bit of an emotional trigger reaction to the word submission, I understand it's positive connotations, however, the negative connotations seemed to have spawned some very discomforting ideas of how so many different people through out history have done some very nasty things to people to force submission.

I find I prefer the word willingness to submission, it seems to include a free will choice.

How would people define "will".

And how would people define "one".

gabbahh
6th May 2011, 20:07
First of all thank you for this great post, and discussion provoking title.

Submission to the will of the One--to become a positive personality

The One has given me free will, so submission is the last thing She wants from me. Sounds like a male concept btw this Submission.

Also, I am looking for balance, could this be considered positive?

And when the One is the Allmighty, why does he need my submission? Sounds like a small god, Wizard of Oz.

I have my own view which would be to apply serious control of the mind to bring about a positive personality by using words which bring about a real human biologically and mentally.- Thats my own opinion.

I've lost control. Do not want it back, I like where I am now and where I am going and where my mind is going. Letting the mind wander has let to a great deal of discoveries which I would never have found with my previously conditioned/controlled brain. (pattern)

Words are vibrations (when spoken), these words are good vibrations, and might synchronize(?) with your vibration. But I don't see this as a form of mind control. More like mind cleaning.

Greetings, Ton

davyj0nes
6th May 2011, 20:26
the power in words is immense indeed. Although i don't agree with the title of the tread; mankind has been in submission long enough. humanity is rising with or without the consent of the gods, creators, PTB, aliens, government, illuminati, pope, et all. who is the 'one'? and why is there always 'one' to save everyone?

danjenks007
6th May 2011, 20:27
First of all thank you for this great post, and discussion provoking title.

Submission to the will of the One--to become a positive personality

The One has given me free will, so submission is the last thing She wants from me. Sounds like a male concept btw this Submission.

Also, I am looking for balance, could this be considered positive?

And when the One is the Allmighty, why does he need my submission? Sounds like a small god, Wizard of Oz.

I've lost control. Do not want it back, I like where I am now and where I am going and where my mind is going. Letting the mind wander has let to a great deal of discoveries which I would never have found with my previously conditioned/controlled brain. (pattern)

Words are vibrations (when spoken), these words are good vibrations, and might synchronize(?) with your vibration. But I don't see this as a form of mind control. More like mind cleaning.

Greetings, Ton

the way i have put this is for people to make there own decisions , not to abide by my words alone , thankyou

danjenks007
6th May 2011, 20:35
the power in words is immense indeed. Although i don't agree with the title of the tread; mankind has been in submission long enough. humanity is rising with or without the consent of the gods, creators, PTB, aliens, government, illuminati, pope, et all. who is the 'one'? and why is there always 'one' to save everyone?

the bases of it is that we are matter held at a certain frequency or you may call it vibration etc in this creation of space and time, etc
even for aliens government etc this still comes into play as they are made up of the same material on a quantum level.
thankyou

Seikou-Kishi
6th May 2011, 20:41

i am muslim( good guess) but i believe that the religion has been hijacted and to my view we are not here under are free will as we are not incontrol of the quatum phyics of our biological system..
please excuse my view if you are offended by it , i thankyou for your view if worth the read.... peace to you

I'm not offended by you or your view in the slightest. You have the right to hold whatever opinion you like. I didn't actually guess that you were muslim, I just thought your argument sounded islamic in its terminology (I studied Islamic theology at one point). I just think the idea of submission will grate with ideas of pride and autonomy, and that the same ideas can be achieved with different words (words like harmony or collaboration).

In my ontology, all that really exists is consciousness, and if the universal consciousness (by which I mean all consciousness considered collectively) were to be considered a jewel, people would be shards of that jewel. It's basically the idea of the holographic universe being a product of a universal foil which is consciousness. I believe over the years many people have come to describe the same ideas, and I believe Allah is one of the ways people have described it. Allah al-Alīy, Allah al-Aẓīm, Allah al-Alīm, Allah al-Azīz, Allah al-Malik, Allah al-Khāliq, Allah al-Mutakabbir, Allah al-Khabīr (and Allah al-Kabīr), Allah al-Wāsi', Allah al-Majīd... you know, I was trying to write down a few of the appellations of Allah that seemed to fit, but now I think about it, I can't really think of one which doesn't support my idea.

You say Islam has been hijacked and I think to a certain extent you're right. There's that saying that goes something like "the worst representatives of a religion are its followers". I think in the beginning of Islam, it was more concerned with spirituality and understanding God and our relationship to God, but these days (as with anything that becomes 'popular') it's treated more like a machine. Religion is the corpse that's left when spirituality dies this is no clearer than with some of the Christian churches, where just saying a few words is both necessary and sufficient. Spirituality is the touch of God, religion is the emulation of spirituality. Spirituality is edifying but religion is decaying. Spiritual people started Islam, religious people took it over and have abused it ever since. It's nobody's fault, it's just the way things go.

NancyV
6th May 2011, 20:46
I agree the qualities you have listed are desirable qualities to cultivate, Dan. As Seiko-Kishi mentioned the word "submission" can be a loaded word to many of us who do not choose to bow down before any gods or God. But I do agree with your use of "Submission to the will of the One" in a certain way.

From my own experiences of travelling out of body many times I did not gain the full power or protection of the One or Source until I surrendered. This could also be called submission. Once I surrendered my will to the will of the Source, I was then filled with the unconditional love of the Source, which is the true power, and the will of the Source was then MY will.

I don't think many people can do this while awake and in their body, although it can be done by some. Even if you consciously attempt to submit your will to the will of the One I am skeptical that it can be done by the will of the human mind or that your actions in this world have much to do with attaining oneness with the Source.

Certainly you can become a positive force or energy in the world by attempting to achieve the kind of personality traits you describe in your list... if that is what one wishes to do. I think each one of us has certain soul traits that heavily influence our personality and if we try to deny them we could end up quite repressed or at least feeling guilt and shame that we could not live up to what our religious or spiritual beliefs tell us we should be.

For example; I know what it is like to merge completely with the One, the Source, but here on earth my personality can be quite tough and I don't make a habit of revering anyone or anything as superior to me. I also tend to cuss a lot in certain situations and I don't put up with irritating or nasty people very well at all. I like myself this way and since I've been stubborn and rebellious from when I was a baby, I suspect my soul is used to expressing itself in this manner. For me it would be unnatural to be submissive. Until I surrendered to the Source I had never surrendered to anyone or anything (unless I was surrendering as a diversionary tactic), and after I surrendered to the Source one time I never had to do it again. Apparently once that lesson was learned it didn't have to be done over and over. The power of love stayed with me always in the years I continued travelling out of body.

I don't have to always sound or act loving here on earth to still know what unconditional love is. This game on earth has different rules for communication and survival, a different purpose and various lessons, just as each different plane or dimension has different rules or requirements for continuing to advance to higher vibrational frequencies. Of course the beliefs you decide to adopt or you have been brainwashed into accepting will influence what you see and where you go when you die or are travelling out of body. If you do not discard all beliefs at one point, you may get stuck for a while. Beliefs can imprison us, but we choose the beliefs and we can let go of them. I like to be ready to discard any lingering belief I retain at any moment. It allows for much more flexibility.

Nancy :)

gabbahh
6th May 2011, 20:51
Spiritual people started Islam, religious people took it over and have abused it ever since. It's nobody's fault, it's just the way things go. Yup, spirituality is a relationship between you and the One. Religion is something which distorts this personal relationship and uses it to create a division amongst the people of the earth. Most organised religions are guilty of this. Any religion which puts someone else between you and God is not to be trusted in any way.

One Love, Ton

Rocky_Shorz
6th May 2011, 20:54
submitting to the Will of the one sounds a little new age...

Belief conquers fear, which gives you a positive personality not being dragged down by negative influences.

God is looking for friends, not toe kissers or head bangers...

understanding that makes life much more special...

Paul
6th May 2011, 20:55
Indeed. I'm unsure whether to move this to General Discussion (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/forumdisplay.php?3-General-Discussion) or Spirituality (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/forumdisplay.php?18-Spirituality).

Suggestions anyone?

Carmen
6th May 2011, 20:55
Surrender, to me is the correct word. Surrender is the door to the listening attitude within that produces the miraculous results.

Seikou-Kishi
6th May 2011, 20:57
Indeed. I'm unsure whether to move this to General Discussion (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/forumdisplay.php?3-General-Discussion) or Spirituality (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/forumdisplay.php?18-Spirituality).

Suggestions anyone?

It would certainly fit in both, but General Discussion might give a bigger audience, and this topic really deserves to be seen by as many as possible :-)

Paul
6th May 2011, 21:06
It would certainly fit in both, but General Discussion might give a bigger audience, and this topic really deserves to be seen by as many as possible :-)
Thus it shall be. I have just moved this thread to General Discussion. Thanks.

greybeard
6th May 2011, 21:14
Surrender to the One (God of your understanding) is paramount to becoming sober via the 12 steps of AA.
This releases the energy of Divinity -- unconditional love in this case---- so that which is impossible for the individual addict to overcome/achive becomes possible and in fact probable, as long as th individual retains humility and realizes that unaided, sobriety was an impossibility not matter how much individual will power was applied.

The unconditional love is an energy field found in AA meetings throughout the world and through this Millions of sufferers of the killer disease alcoholism recovered in that energetic field.

So Submission to the will of the One to become a positive personality works-- an undeniable fact.
This I know

Chris

Steve C
6th May 2011, 21:21

Suggestions anyone?

I am not a muslim,like my friend Dan,Spiritual sounds good to me.

Its not about what i think tho,your the mod with the power to move threads...lol.

I will follow it wherever it goes.

peace.

Paul
6th May 2011, 21:28
Its not about what i think tho,your the mod with the power to move threads...lol.
I have the technical power, yes.

But forum structure actually matters little to me personally. It is there as one way to assist members in organizing and finding discussions of interest.

danjenks007
6th May 2011, 21:31
Surrender to the One (God of your understanding) is paramount to becoming sober via the 12 steps of AA.
This releases the energy of Divinity -- unconditional love in this case---- so that which is impossible for the individual addict to overcome/achive becomes possible and in fact probable, as long as th individual retains humility and realizes that unaided, sobriety was an impossibility not matter how much individual will power was applied.

The unconditional love is an energy field found in AA meetings throughout the world and through this Millions of sufferers of the killer disease alcoholism recovered in that energetic field.

So Submission to the will of the One to become a positive personality works-- an undeniable fact.
This I know

Chris

thankyou chris , im glad you can see through my attempt to bring this subject to light
take care

Steve C
6th May 2011, 21:34
I have the technical power, yes.

But forum structure actually matters little to me personally. It is there as one way to assist members in organizing and finding discussions of interest.

No worries Paul,general is fine.

I was being amusing when i said you have the power,no offence ;)

Shezbeth
6th May 2011, 21:43
IMO the One, God of one's understanding, Higher Power, Source, Great Unknowable,... the list goes on, is the ONLY person/thing/entity/concept in this world that one should surrender to. Here's my take/strategy.

I understand that the only thing I have direct and appropriate control of in this experience is myself and my perception. That the manner in which I interact and perceive things has an effect on them is irrelevant. As I can only control myself, the only thing I am committed to controlling is myself.

As I interact with my environment and the world at large, I have an internally originating responsibility to act in accords with my highest understanding of being - with impeccability. My relationship with my source (I call it my Coyote Friend) is well established and informal. We talk on a regular basis, and through these talks I have concluded the following.

Note before continuing: I say I have concluded because he never tells me to do anything, he merely makes comments, suggestions, postulations, etc. and allows me to decide for myself. Also, the term 'he' is a relative misnomer, for the appearance of masculinity is projected by me. 'It' simply is, I subconsciously give him the appearance that best suits our continuing rapport.

I am perfectly imperfect. In my imperfection, I must seek perfection, and in that pursuit of perfection I achieve perfection. By growing I attain fullness, even though fullness is neither static nor conclusive. Should I cease to grow, I shall cease to further potentiate. That's another word I would add to the list - Potentiate - - To cause to be potent; to increase the effectiveness of.

In going about my daily tasks, duties, etc., and in pursuing increased potentiation, I naturally encounter individuals and circumstances who's origin lies outside my area of immediate causation. Namely, I don't sent them in my path, they are caused to be in my path for innumerable reasons.

This path crossing is simultaneously of two causes.
1. There is the natural series of circumstances, causes and effects, that set them before me.
2. My Coyote Friend has a hand in it, as he has a hand in everything, because there is a particular result which only I can bring about.

To expand on the latter part, I perceive that the One has designs which at a particular moment can ONLY be met by me, and only because of my particular disposition, location, and means of dealing with stimuli. Location is of particular importance. Continuing, the interaction that ensues is entirely for the benefit of ALL parties involved (not least of which being me) and the circumstances that ensue. I don't often get to see the immediate OR long term results of my actions because I am off interacting with other situations. The chain of causality has however, to whatever massive or miniscule degree, been affected by me.

To summarize, my perception of the One places me in every situation I find myself in for my benefit and to provide the results which I provide. My surrender comes in the form of acknowledging the purposeful facilitation and responding in as impeccable manner as I am able. In doing so I serve myself, my Coyote Friend, and the world at large.

Great discussion! ^_^

manny
6th May 2011, 21:56
*Appreciate--to be grateful for what we have got no matter how small it is (ie .. Food etc)
*Guide--to show the way

surley the question should be.
how many of these qualities do you have.
if you have them all then you must be the most enlightened.
how many of these are you aware of but cannot develop.

if you are are aware then your journey has started.

for the society that we live in,does not allow us to develop these qualities.
we are in a mindset of I WANT,I NEED,SELFISHNESS.
DUE TO THE PROGRAMMING.

or we use these qualities occasionally when the time is right.
depending on the situation.

each of us will learn what we need to at our own pace.
i said in a earlier post we are all on the same path,just some ahead or behind others.
theres no rush.

danjenks007
6th May 2011, 22:07
Hi im new to this , so please bear with me.....:confused:

I am writing to ask what are people's views on title of this the thread.
Do you have any ideas what this entails as there is so many views on this subject
from -- spirtuality, religion, freedom thoughts, men of wisdom etc..

This can be achieved by adopting the best words to our processing of the mind controlling experience to create a personality for ourselves which will give an output and input for the positive link to our reality.

Here just a few of them words to apply to our making of our personality..

*Guide--to show the way

I think i have touched on some of thease words which will inevitably help to change to the person who wishs to control there mind for the better cause in this reality.

Through my own experience this is the best source of words that will and did for me change the personality of the mind set,. depending on the request of power from change itself.

I hope this makes sense and please forgive me if you do not agree..

If you do not agree please give your views as i will be very interested in hearing them or should i say reading them..

Thankyou to all hope, enjoy my first thread

so the personality is the very thing in life to fine tune and i think we are going to elaborate what we should do to keep on tuning it to the max of positivity,
at the begining of my enlightenment when i was 17 experiencing the aspect of controling my mind , i experienced photo graphic memory and i still do when i dont intoxicate myself with negitivity and external sources and as i got older(19 years) i met a very good friend (best mate now we are ) he showed me into this world of illusion( as it was all new to him and his wife)- aliens , nwo, mind control ( the bad side of it) i have nearly lost me mind a few times due to much knowledge(overload)at this point already.This has gone on for about 5-6years now.
Then last year i had a massive inpulse to change and i went to become a muslim ( i surpose you could say i did because my dad is a muslim ).
but this was my chance to experience something solid in this world and how wrong was i, i disrigarded my friends and felt the aloneness that i had never felt even though i could feel the source right in my heart , this went on for about 2- 4months and wasnt till i learned more later that i should change again.
i will say though this experience has changed me for the better and forever , i can tell you wouldnt of liked me apart from me good mate who has stuck by me even when we had our first hard little fall out ( my falt ) so anyway i pray to the source everday and ask for things for myself and for people i do not know and family , friends , world, etc.
i have decided to carry on with my research into so called conspiracy theories and adapt to my real me with the new me as a muslim , i do believe in one creator and i have the proof in my head and it will stay there because theres no point trying to prove to this frequency of matter.

danjenks007
6th May 2011, 22:11
*Guide--to show the way

surley the question should be.
how many of these qualities do you have.
if you have them all then you must be the most enlightened.
how many of these are you aware of but cannot develop.

if you are are aware then your journey has started.

for the society that we live in,does not allow us to develop these qualities.
we are in a mindset of I WANT,I NEED,SELFISHNESS.
DUE TO THE PROGRAMMING.

or we use these qualities occasionally when the time is right.
depending on the situation.

each of us will learn what we need to at our own pace.
i said in a earlier post we are all on the same path,just some ahead or behind others.
theres no rush.

i surpose you could say that to ever one even yourself but we will never know unless we meet,
and ive been very close to nearly all thease in my perception of me but iam human , and we as humans were made weak, it only take one small sharp object to cut us..
thankyou for your post
peace

danjenks007
6th May 2011, 22:21
IMO the One, God of one's understanding, Higher Power, Source, Great Unknowable,... the list goes on, is the ONLY person/thing/entity/concept in this world that one should surrender to. Here's my take/strategy.

I understand that the only thing I have direct and appropriate control of in this experience is myself and my perception. That the manner in which I interact and perceive things has an effect on them is irrelevant. As I can only control myself, the only thing I am committed to controlling is myself.

As I interact with my environment and the world at large, I have an internally originating responsibility to act in accords with my highest understanding of being - with impeccability. My relationship with my source (I call it my Coyote Friend) is well established and informal. We talk on a regular basis, and through these talks I have concluded the following.

Note before continuing: I say I have concluded because he never tells me to do anything, he merely makes comments, suggestions, postulations, etc. and allows me to decide for myself. Also, the term 'he' is a relative misnomer, for the appearance of masculinity is projected by me. 'It' simply is, I subconsciously give him the appearance that best suits our continuing rapport.

I am perfectly imperfect. In my imperfection, I must seek perfection, and in that pursuit of perfection I achieve perfection. By growing I attain fullness, even though fullness is neither static nor conclusive. Should I cease to grow, I shall cease to further potentiate. That's another word I would add to the list - Potentiate - - To cause to be potent; to increase the effectiveness of.

In going about my daily tasks, duties, etc., and in pursuing increased potentiation, I naturally encounter individuals and circumstances who's origin lies outside my area of immediate causation. Namely, I don't sent them in my path, they are caused to be in my path for innumerable reasons.

This path crossing is simultaneously of two causes.
1. There is the natural series of circumstances, causes and effects, that set them before me.
2. My Coyote Friend has a hand in it, as he has a hand in everything, because there is a particular result which only I can bring about.

To expand on the latter part, I perceive that the One has designs which at a particular moment can ONLY be met by me, and only because of my particular disposition, location, and means of dealing with stimuli. Location is of particular importance. Continuing, the interaction that ensues is entirely for the benefit of ALL parties involved (not least of which being me) and the circumstances that ensue. I don't often get to see the immediate OR long term results of my actions because I am off interacting with other situations. The chain of causality has however, to whatever massive or miniscule degree, been affected by me.

To summarize, my perception of the One places me in every situation I find myself in for my benefit and to provide the results which I provide. My surrender comes in the form of acknowledging the purposeful facilitation and responding in as impeccable manner as I am able. In doing so I serve myself, my Coyote Friend, and the world at large.

Great discussion! ^_^

i think you have hit it on the nail there , i hope there more to come from our knew friends
peace to you
shezbeth

danjenks007
6th May 2011, 22:48
im asuming that tomorrow will be even more of an insight into this subject, wayha cant wait to see what you:) post.
thankyou everyone for this interest on my first ever thread
peace out

gabbahh
6th May 2011, 22:57
See the Light
Submit to the will of the One
Surrender to the Truth

Different ways to say the same thing. More than one path to the One. There should be no divide.

One Love, Ton

edina
6th May 2011, 23:38
Thus it shall be. I have just moved this thread to General Discussion. Thanks.

Thanks Paul!

I can see how this discussion can also be very secular, it touches on semantics, on linguistics, the creational power of words, how we evolve meaning, and then it can also branch out into such topics as noble virtues, and character.

edina
6th May 2011, 23:52
I agree the qualities you have listed are desirable qualities to cultivate, Dan. As Seiko-Kishi mentioned the word "submission" can be a loaded word to many of us who do not choose to bow down before any gods or God. But I do agree with your use of "Submission to the will of the One" in a certain way.

From my own experiences of travelling out of body many times I did not gain the full power or protection of the One or Source until I surrendered. This could also be called submission. Once I surrendered my will to the will of the Source, I was then filled with the unconditional love of the Source, which is the true power, and the will of the Source was then MY will.

I don't think many people can do this while awake and in their body, although it can be done by some. Even if you consciously attempt to submit your will to the will of the One I am skeptical that it can be done by the will of the human mind or that your actions in this world have much to do with attaining oneness with the Source.

Nancy :)

I've been thinking about what you say here, and I have to say I came at this consciously, either that or I am unconsciously astrally travelling and don't know it. :rolleyes:

Great is the little willingness,... I step up an inch and the universe draw Itself to me across eternal infinity.

Anyway, this becomes an ideal for me, a direction to point myself toward. I actively chose every day, all day long to align my will with God's Will, I vary the terminology a lot, Source, Spirit, Creator, my favorite is Beloved, which is how I interpret the name Adonai, oh and you guys have heard me use All That Is, or All Life, quite a bit.

I love your strong and direct personality. I'm a bit of a wild street urchin kid, so you feel right at home with me.

Rocky_Shorz
7th May 2011, 00:25
you first realize you aren't on the path of coincidence after running from destiny and appearing on the path meant to be on...

after attempting to escape countless times with the same result...

acceptance of destiny leaves no where to hide and some might think it submission...

but, no one needs to follow rules or paths laid out by others, time doesn't need to be taken from your normal routine, we are all free to fly and do anything we want knowing we will always be at the right place at the right time...

edina
7th May 2011, 02:19
danjenks007, you said you were muslim and I thought of Rumi, I don't know if there is a connection

Music Master

You that love lovers
this is your home. Welcome!

In the midst of making form, love
made this form that melts form,
with love for the door,
soul the vestibule.

Watch the dust grains moving
in the light near the window.

Their dance is our dance.

We rarely hear the inward music,
but we're all dancing to it nevertheless,

directed by the one who teaches us,
the pure joy of the sun,
our music master.

~

When I am with you, we stay up all night.
When your not here, I can't go to sleep,

Praise God for these two insomnias!
And the difference between them.

~

The minute I heard my first love story
I started looking for you, now knowing
how blind that was.

Lovers don't finally meet somewhere.
They're in each other all along.

~

We are the mirror as well as the face in it.
We are tasting the taste this minute
of eternity. We are pain
and what cures pain, both. We are
the sweet cold water and the jar that pours.

~

I want to hold you close like a lute,
so we can cry out with loving.

You would rather throw stones at a mirror.
I am your mirror, and here are the stones.

I think this poem speaks to the idea of One, what do you think?

danjenks007
7th May 2011, 02:37
danjenks007, you said you were muslim and I thought of Rumi, I don't know if there is a connection

Music Master

You that love lovers
this is your home. Welcome!

In the midst of making form, love
made this form that melts form,
with love for the door,
soul the vestibule.

Watch the dust grains moving
in the light near the window.

Their dance is our dance.

We rarely hear the inward music,
but we're all dancing to it nevertheless,

directed by the one who teaches us,
the pure joy of the sun,
our music master.

~

When I am with you, we stay up all night.
When your not here, I can't go to sleep,

Praise God for these two insomnias!
And the difference between them.

~

The minute I heard my first love story
I started looking for you, now knowing
how blind that was.

Lovers don't finally meet somewhere.
They're in each other all along.

~

We are the mirror as well as the face in it.
We are tasting the taste this minute
of eternity. We are pain
and what cures pain, both. We are
the sweet cold water and the jar that pours.

~

I want to hold you close like a lute,
so we can cry out with loving.

You would rather throw stones at a mirror.
I am your mirror, and here are the stones.

I think this poem speaks to the idea of One, what do you think?

this is a lovely poem and i think it is worth all the merit
thankyou edina
may god bless you

edina
7th May 2011, 03:13
Thank you danjenks007, I especially like the dancing part. :biggrin:

TimelessDimensions
8th May 2011, 14:15
You have your own free will, it's your gift from the Gods and Goddesses.

Enjoy it :)