PDA

View Full Version : Scanner vs patdown

Linden
6th May 2011, 19:27
I am needing to fly next month and was just wondering what choice the Avalon forum members make when they fly, scanner or patdown? I know some people have to fly all of the time, and I wonder about their concerns with radiation from the scanner. I was seeing reactions from fliers, men, women, and children, who have gone through a humiliating patdown after refusing the scanner. I am trying to decide if I can disconnect myself from my body enough to allow for the patdown because I really don't want to go through the scanner. I am very interested in your thoughts and opinions about this. :eek:

Lettherebelight
6th May 2011, 19:44
I'm flying too this summer, Linden. They caught me a couple of years ago in Detroit with the scanner. It was so new, I didn't even know what it was. I didn't like it then, and when I found out more about how it scans through your clothes, I liked it even less.

For me, I'll take the pat down any day over the scanner, as I have heard there could be health risks as well as having to be viewed naked. This is such a huge violation of basic human core values and dignity. If anything reduces us to unfeeling robots, this is it. I think everyone should refuse them, then they'll be forced to see what a big waste of money the scanners were.

At least a pat down is human contact. Speaking as a massage therapist, being patted around my limbs and torso is much more acceptable than being disrobed.

Have a nice trip!

conk
6th May 2011, 19:46
I would allow them to digitize my posterior end before submitting to the massive radiation.

Lord Sidious
6th May 2011, 20:38
I am needing to fly next month and was just wondering what choice the Avalon forum members make when they fly, scanner or patdown? I know some people have to fly all of the time, and I wonder about their concerns with radiation from the scanner. I was seeing reactions from fliers, men, women, and children, who have gone through a humiliating patdown after refusing the scanner. I am trying to decide if I can disconnect myself from my body enough to allow for the patdown because I really don't want to go through the scanner. I am very interested in your thoughts and opinions about this. :eek:

Did you read all the info we have on the other thread about the tsa?

Linden
7th May 2011, 00:13

I did do a search before I started the thread, and the only thing I came up with was a business that refused service to the TSA. Are there others???

¤=[Post Update]=¤

I would allow them to digitize my posterior end before submitting to the massive radiation.

That made me laugh...:o

Lord Sidious
7th May 2011, 04:20

I did do a search before I started the thread, and the only thing I came up with was a business that refused service to the TSA. Are there others???[COLOR="red"]

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?19317-TSA-Scan-sexual-assualt-former-Miss-USA
Check that one out.