PDA

View Full Version : The 2x2mm chip with nearly 2 million transistors on it and 512 radars

Bob_2011
7th May 2011, 15:09
You really do wonder what is going to be the end result of all this advancement in computer technology,
How the flippin hell did they get 2 million transistors on a 2mm square :noidea:

Will it save us or destroy us,

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/05/110506073759.htm

Njord
7th May 2011, 16:18
Very interesting find Bob.
And as with all inventions, they can be used for both good and bad.
I live in Oslo in Norway, and this is the 1st I've heard of this.

Amazing to think what comes out of this little country of ours.
As we tend to think these things usually come from Sillicon Valley-type places.

According to some whistle-blowers, us Norwegians have the best mountain drillers and excavators in the world.
And recently I have come across information that suggests several massive D.U.M.B.s here.

But on-topic, think what the "next generation" of those chips will be...and they could possibly do.

In the end, think it all depends on who is in control to make use of the technology.

Mad Hatter
7th May 2011, 17:18
You really do wonder what is going to be the end result of all this advancement in computer technology,
How the flippin hell did they get 2 million transistors on a 2mm square :noidea: ]

Awesome isn't it... seems Moores Law is still holding.

The $64 question... depends on how we choose to deploy it I suppose.

For fun, how about a radar panel next the solar panel to help keep an eye out for those balck helios :p

cheers

Shezbeth
7th May 2011, 19:48

That depends on how broad your reference of 'us' is, but I believe the answer is

"Yes"