PDA

View Full Version : Some Quotes to Put Judgement and Self-Betterment in Perspective

Jeffrey
10th May 2011, 05:54
In honor of our mission, self-growth, and the interrelationship of humanity, I would like to share some quotes with the community.

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
-Mahatma Ghandi

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.
-Leo Nikolaevich Tolstoy

Why do you notice the splinter in your brother's eye, but do not perceive the wooden beam in your own eye?
-Jesus Christ

An immature person always blames the external world and finds fault with it. Mature living asks us to reverse the process and correct ourselves.
-Swami Adiswarananda

I tell you one thing — if you want peace of mind, do not find fault with others. Rather learn to see your own faults. Learn to make the whole world your own. No one is a stranger, my child, this whole world is your own.
-Sri Sarada Devi

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
-Serenity Prayer

Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely.
-Karen Kaiser

Do you want to change the world? How about beginning with yourself? How about being transformed yourself first? But how do you achieve that? Through observation. Through understanding. With no interference or judgment on your part. Because what you judge you cannot understand.
-Anthony de Mello

The first peace, which is the most important, is that which comes within the souls of people when they realize their relationship, their oneness with the universe and all its powers, and when they realize that at the center of the universe dwells the Great Spirit, and that this center is really everywhere, it is within each of us.
-Black Elk

If I knew you and you knew me,
If both of us could clearly see,
And with an inner sight divine,
The meaning of your heart and mine,
I’m sure that we would differ less,
And clasp our hands in friendliness;
Our thoughts would pleasantly agree,
If I knew you and you knew me.
-Nixon Waterman

The goal of the Creator is for each entity to make a conscious choice to again seek Oneness, out of our own free will – not because anyone else forced us to. If we are told what to do and what to believe, then we have learned nothing and will not make any progress. Perhaps the single most basic realization to make is that we live in a loving Universe. If we are all One Being, then it is foolish for us to hate anyone, as we are only hating ourselves.
-David Wilcock

You are me, and I am you.
Isn’t it obvious that we “inter-are”?
You cultivate the flower in yourself,
so that I will be beautiful.
I transform the garbage in myself,
so that you will not have to suffer.
I support you;
you support me.
I am in this world to offer you peace;
you are in this world to bring me joy.
-Thich Nhat Hanh

Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
-Jesus Christ

Those who dwell on the faults of others develop the same faults themselves.
-Swami Prabhavananda

He is capable of seeing what is beautiful because he carries beauty within himself, for the world is a mirror and gives back to each man the reflection of his own face.
-Paulo Coelho

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
-Mahatma Ghandi

We are all here to help each other help ourselves. Never forget that we are all in this together. Benevolent intentions are behind seemingly malevolent actions (thank you White Phoenix). Everyone genuinely thinks they are right and doing the right thing—that is everyone without exception is acting for the best (from the relationship thread, thank you greybeard). In fighting with others we fight ourselves. We cannot change others, we can only change ourselves: this is one of the beautiful aspects of free will.

Let's spread good vibrations! Please share quotes that ring true with you on this topic. Thoughts are welcome.

Much Love and Thanks,

Vivek

kathymarie
13th September 2011, 11:19
I look forward to reading more of your insightful posts....many blessings ....