PDA

View Full Version : GROUP CONCIOUSNESS-Can we excercise it?

Morgaine
13th May 2011, 00:06
Hello everybody,
This is my first post, and as a new member, please be aware that I am still learning the ropes around here! I have been watching the forums with great interest over the last few days, and have noticed to my delight that doors within me that were once closed, are beginning to open again. I have felt an amazing reconnection with my intuition, and have enjoyed reading all the posts.
I would like to share with you this post because I want to try and test this intuition. I keep getting "told" to cut through the chaff, to get down to business. I hope this makes sense, I'm just putting it out there because it feels like the right thing to do.
As a "group" I see us as incredibly powerful. If the events disclosed to us are to unfold as we have been made aware of, do those of us who embrace this "new thinking" if you like to call it that, have a responsibility to do all we can to come together as a single, smart energy? What I mean is, do we have a group consciousness and can we exercise it?
Can we work together to face the great changes our world is entering head on?
I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this. Especially if anyone has any ideas on how we as a "whole" could exercise our connectedness.
Once again, I feel rather vulnerable letting people know straight out what I'm thinking, but I simply feel like it is the right way to go.
Thanks for your time, look forward to hearing your perspectives.

Morgaine.http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii297/sonicnova11/27zfas5.gif

giovonni
13th May 2011, 01:18
Welcome Morgaine,
i am delighted to see individuals like you activating a membership and coming forward now. What first comes to mind in continuing too execute our (ground crew) mission, is to be supportive with compassion and empathy towards each other. By doing this, we all can keep and maintain the energy (balanced) needed in maintaining and continuing our collective consciousness- flowing strong around the planet. Note, i am personally in need of a break, and welcome the assistance of all like minded spirit beings such as yourself :)

Heartsong
13th May 2011, 01:38
I don't think this group (Avalonians) is unified enough quite yet. There's still a lot of bickering.

Some are here for spiritual reasons and some are just here to post the newest inflammatory rumor. Our purposes are different.

We don't all need to believe the same things or be on the same level of "enlightenment" (inject your favorite word here...) to act effectively but as a whole, we're a bit ragged around the edges.

Your idea of group consciousness is an admirable goal and just may be possible in time.

edina
13th May 2011, 01:57
Hi Morgaine, welcome to Avalon, and thank you for having the courage to post this thread.

I have been experiencing things similar to what you describe. I started noticing back in the 70's how different groups become very much like unique entities. This was very noticeable when I was teaching, and had seminars every 6 to 7 weeks. Each seminar of 15, or class of 75, would be very unique in how they
came together as a seminar, and class.

It got to the point that I began to actually talk about it with my seminars. I noticed some classes pulled together and stayed tight, others floundered and almost everyone in the class were miserable. It was the same curriculum, the same instructors/staff. The difference was in the group personality.

Sometimes, a class would have caring loving informal, or formal leaders. Other times the persons who would float to the top would be difficult, or overly critical of people in general. Group dynamics.

My experience with this is that people come together and build trust with shared experiences over time. It takes courage to extend yourself, become vulnerable to another, to share experiences, and to
work together to build better understanding.

My thought is if there is something you really want to try, try it, invite people to join you, and just show up. The best we can do is to simply show up, be present, sow seeds, and let nature grow the rest.

PS you can count on me to show up, if you want to do something like this.

sandy
13th May 2011, 02:13
Hi Morgaine,

I believe once a group consciousness is genuinely created there will be no problem in exercising it:) The coming together to create a group consciousness is the conundrum. We all have our individuality, cultures, beliefs, ego's and personalities that in some way have to find a commonality. We could say that commonality is our humanity for sure, but the conundrum is getting ourselves past our own self's to reach for the common good of all. I sure will give it my best shot and will stay tuned to your thread.

Mike
13th May 2011, 02:23
nice first post Morgaine. and welcome to Avalon! ;)

there's nothing i can say about spiritual issues that Greybeard couldn't say 50 times better, so i'll refrain from embarrassing myself. my guess is he'll find his way over here and deliver something enlightening.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Hi Morgaine,

I believe once a group consciousness is genuinely created there will be no problem in exercising it:) The coming together to create a group consciousness is the conundrum. We all have our individuality, cultures, beliefs, ego's and personalities that in some way have to find a commonality. We could say that commonality is our humanity for sure, but the conundrum is getting ourselves past our own self's to reach for the common good of all. I sure will give it my best shot and will stay tuned to your thread.

perfectly put Sandy!

Anchor
13th May 2011, 02:28
I would like to share with you this post because I want to try and test this intuition. I keep getting "told" to cut through the chaff, to get down to business. I hope this makes sense, I'm just putting it out there because it feels like the right thing to do.

Hail wandering traveler - welcome.

I am very happy to see you here and this post.

IMO: You ARE actually doing what you think you are trying to do.

Your intuition is well calibrated. How does mine seem :)

John..

ulli
13th May 2011, 02:33
Hello Morgaine and welcome
I hope you will love Avalon like I do and find many new friends...

I notice already a like-minded little group have gathered here...
nice to see familiar avatars...

strong individuals who want to experience a healthy group dynamic..

Nice!

loveandgratitude
13th May 2011, 02:34
WELCOME TO AVALON.............The best way to see if something works on Avalon is try it. Get yourself clear, and you decide what you want to do here. This could be you first endeavour here. Believe in yourself and your abilities. I thought you might like this video to understand the whole begins within. Enjoy your stay, the company, the expanded discussions, and even the occassional heated discussion. Thank you for bringing your clarity and awareness and look forward to challenging and thoughtful dialogue in the future.

PS - Just one big happy family here.......xoxoxox

PPS. BY THE WAY, I BORROWED YOUR FUNKY PICTURE. I WILL RETURN IT SOON.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ereP78GHeVA

gigha
13th May 2011, 02:43
Hello everybody,
This is my first post, and as a new member, please be aware that I am still learning the ropes around here! I have been watching the forums with great interest over the last few days, and have noticed to my delight that doors within me that were once closed, are beginning to open again. I have felt an amazing reconnection with my intuition, and have enjoyed reading all the posts.
As a "group" I see us as incredibly powerful. If the events disclosed to us are to unfold as we have been made aware of, do those of us who embrace this "new thinking" if you like to call it that, have a responsibility to do all we can to come together as a single, smart energy? What I mean is, do we have a group consciousness and can we exercise it?
Can we work together to face the great changes our world is entering head on?
I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this. Especially if anyone has any ideas on how we as a "whole" could exercise our connectedness.
Once again, I feel rather vulnerable letting people know straight out what I'm thinking, but I simply feel like it is the right way to go.
Thanks for your time, look forward to hearing your perspectives.

Morgaine.http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii297/sonicnova11/27zfas5.gif

I think it would be safe to say you have arrived where you should be.
Your going to be fine here. Peace and Love xxx gigha

truthseekerdan
13th May 2011, 02:56
Welcome to Avalon, great to have you here Morgaine. :)

My opinion is that in order to exercise group consciousness, individuals participating need to have the same 'polarity' based on love and unity for a common goal. Consciousness is a basic component of reality, not something that materializes from or relies on the physical world of space, time or matter. Due to the word consciousness being used in so many different ways, confusion often emerges. The use of the word consciousness within this forum is in reference to the sense or feeling of consciousness itself, where the capacity for inner experience exists. This sense of consciousness is one thing all of us share but what goes into our individual consciousness, especially content that contains explicit generalizations can be very different.

Much Love,

Dan

Anchor
13th May 2011, 03:02

I think I agree with some of that but I am a little more upbeat about progress.

I'd say many of us already came together at dimensional levels that we may not yet conscious of in our waking states, though I am sure some are. So I think that we are already operating in groups of sorts.

Someone said "to much bickering". This to me is simply the working out of kinks.

The internet has been a good mechanism for people to find groups they may be a part of.

John..

Jeffrey
13th May 2011, 03:27
Hi Morgaine,

I think this is important. We do all have our individuality, but we cannot forget our commonality—Truth. Group consciousness should not be mistaken for a group-think ideology. It's like hot air in a balloon. Thoughts, opinions, and ideas feverishly bounce off each other like the particles in the balloon. This makes the balloon expand, as does our consciousness and awareness (as a community). Unity can emerge from our differences just as a balloon (unifying principle) expands by the distinctive particles (differences) inside of it becoming increasingly excited. There is no expansion if we become cold in our ways. It is important to exercise our individuality with the principle of Truth and Love underlying our activities. The moment we become comfortable with our perspectives is when we should worry, because it can lead to inertness if we are not careful.

What does a balloon do when it becomes properly inflated?

It ascends.

It is important we embrace our differences with the Truth in mind and Love in our hearts. A balloon can pop too. :p There are practical technicalities to be taken into account, which gets difficult I think. I enjoy metaphors because they remind us about the gist and simplicity of situations that become complex because we get caught up, and potentially blinded, by our differences. There's my two cents.

Much Love and Thanks,

Vivek

DianeKJ
13th May 2011, 03:31
Welcome Morgaine :)
I'm so happy to see this post and I think a lot of people will have a similar reaction. Eveyone has given great advise and wisdom already. I think it's absolutely electric when a group of people get together, learning, loving and sharing a similar goal just intensifies that electricity.

Maybe just start a group and see where it takes everyone, will be a fun ride regardless.
-Di

Morgaine
13th May 2011, 03:59
Welcome to Avalon, great to have you here Morgaine. :)

My opinion is that in order to exercise group consciousness, individuals participating need to have the same 'polarity' based on love and unity for a common goal. Consciousness is a basic component of reality, not something that materializes from or relies on the physical world of space, time or matter. Due to the word consciousness being used in so many different ways, confusion often emerges. The use of the word consciousness within this forum is in reference to the sense or feeling of consciousness itself, where the capacity for inner experience exists. This sense of consciousness is one thing all of us share but what goes into our individual consciousness, especially content that contains explicit generalizations can be very different.

Much Love,

Dan

Hello and thanks for your reply. I understand what you mean when you talk about needing a common mind, a unifying of thoughts and goals. Perhaps "Group Consciousness" is too broad a term to use, although I think most people know where I'm coming from here. :-)
I am talking specifically about consciousness in the context of spiritual thought and intuition as the commonality between us. Thinking as one. Individuality should be embraced and encouraged.
The theory of idealism in relation to consciousness resonates well within me, which holds that only thought truly exists and matter is merely an illusion. In my mind, it would be amazing for example, if all of those willing could concentrate on one thought and bring about a physical change, however I am well aware this may remain in the realms of the impossible! Hope springs eternal! What keeps me coming back here, is the ongoing synchronicity, the 'like-mindedness' and the learning opportunities I find. I simply can't believe everything is a co-incidence. I may not be as smart, or as gifted as some here, but I will try to put my ego aside for the greater good. I will try not to have an egocentric agenda!!
Sandy put it so much better than I could because she said that "the conundrum is getting ourselves past our own selves to reach for the common good of all"
I hope that I am here at that time when we achieve this unification as a group, because I think it could bring about some magnificent events.

Thank you Dan,
Peace-
Morgaine.

sandy
13th May 2011, 08:09
Hi everyone,

Very good points made by all, much valued and appreciated by me. Thank you. I'm noticing one thing we seem to all be keen on is supporting Morgaine so already we have joined together in a common goal. Good work Morgaine:) you put it out there and already your creation is manifesting!!

goldmother
13th May 2011, 08:52
Hi Morgaine what a brilliant first post

IMHO when entities human or other come together be it physically or mentally, a group consciousness is automatically set up. The important part is what are that group focusing their consciousness on :grouphug:

Davidallany
13th May 2011, 09:04
do we have a group consciousness and can we exercise it?
Hi, yes there is a group consciousness, that's why you were guided to Avalon. By coming here you have also exercised that group consciousness. Now if you are talking about something like the EFC Talons commonality and their degree of control, then I don't think we are there yet. However I can see that we are getting there slowly.

mosquito
13th May 2011, 11:55
Hi Morgaine, welcome to a fellow newby !! What a lovely first post, thank you and well done for having the courage to speak out ! Sandy said almost exactly what I would have said, so there's no point in saying any more. I'll watch this thread with interest !
Philip

TimelessDimensions
13th May 2011, 14:16
Maybe we all should sing in a forest at the same time?? ;)

9eagle9
13th May 2011, 14:31
Save for a few details I see group consciousness expressed in here daily. Continuously, unceasingly.

It never seems to end actually.

Please don't thank me for this post unless one really knows what I'm talking about.

TimelessDimensions
13th May 2011, 15:40
Save for a few details I see group consciousness expressed in here daily. Continuously, unceasingly.

Please don't thank me for this post unless one really knows what I'm talking about.

i agree, however,
mind, body, spirit.. all three are equally important.
here at PA we only express mind.
it could be more effective with the involvement of body and spirit.

Carmody
13th May 2011, 15:41
The Washington DC transcendental meditation experiment... and the fight over the record and the data:

It comes form the James Randi forum. Randi was a tool of the ruling group. The man was an uneducated magician, who tried to challenge many things he (or his drooling mirrored sycophants ) did not understand.

This made him a useful tool for the ruling groups. It is unclear if he was aware of his involvement in debunking as a useful tool, or if he was directly involved in being a useful tool for debunking.

For example, his 'million dollar challenge' was so severely skewed that scientists and experimenters had to debunk the challenges' 'rules' and criteria.... as it was so ridiculously stringent that not a single drug trial or any other known working test procedure would pass his 'test'. The challenge was seen as a joke by anyone in any industry or office that applies known and working protocols to proofing.

http://forums.randi.org/archive/index.php/t-87372.html

DianeKJ
13th May 2011, 15:45

I had to laugh at myself because my heart instantly wanted to "thank" you for your post above, then my mind started over-thinking it! Well at least my heart won out over. :)
Namaste,
Di

Carmody
13th May 2011, 15:50

And the danger surrounds allowing someone to come along and tear down the mental space and energy that Bill and the rest of us are trying to create....just as it begins to peak into something useful and workable for humankind.

Something strong enough to affect change.

They tear it down via the method I mentioned in the other thread: they pick up the bus of agreeable and working together bunnies..and then they try to speed it up to a level that breaks the bunnies logical limits. This steps into their unbridled emotions (analysis of complexities that encompass emotions not logic function aspects of physical manifestation-half the game) and those do not specifically agree with one another until we come to an understanding of that in our conscious minds (to a great extent). Due to this... the bus then crashes..as the driving forces have become undirected...and we wander off, from that crash site... into much smaller groups than we originally had.

One way to say it is that you can have your higher self fluttering about in the higher winds...but the other end of that string is being held down by a rock. A balancing act that takes time to learn. However one may wish to state or attempt to explain it. There are as many variations on that descriptive as there are humans incarnating.

9eagle9
13th May 2011, 15:59
Yes unfortunately the employment of logic for some reason , probably emotional, doesn't let anyone realize that another expression of group consciousness is....

...herd mentality.

9eagle9
13th May 2011, 16:19
Lol. James Randi's forums have among them miltiant atheists who are sick of all the crimes that religion has imposed on humanity , like the Crusades, and have decided to destroy all spiritual and religious expression through force. Kill if necessary to put an end to all the killing and grief in the world like religion has imposed on us.

As a group they are the most self unaware people I have every met.

James Randi tries very hard to put himself forward as a scientist and he's not. His forum doesn't express one iota of critical thinking skill. They leapt on me telling me I was the stupidest man on earth . I asked them where they made the assumption I was man? From my avatar. Eagle. A man's name they said. Well its not a name persay its a bird.
What there's no female eagles?

Assuming I'm a man because of my avatar isn't critical thinking, its an assumption and a faulty one.

For which I was given a warning.

A comfort church for atheists. Not even clear atheists either. You mention god in there and they have a collective break down. To which I had to say , if you don't believe in God why do you collapse in a fit of hysteria when God is mentioned. (which rather tells me they believe in God a bit more than they'd care their fellows to know about).

For which I was promptly banned. After six posts. lol.

The Washington DC transcendental meditation experiment... and the fight over the record and the data:

It comes form the James Randi forum. Randi was a tool of the ruling group. The man was an uneducated magician, who tried to challenge many things did did not understand. This made him a useful tool for the ruling groups. it is unclear if he was aware of his involvement in debunking as a useful tool, or if he was directly involved in being a useful tool for debunking.

For example, his 'million dollar challenge' was so severely skewed that scientists and experimenters had to debunk the challenges' 'rules' and criteria.... as it was so ridiculously stringent that not a single drug trial or any other known working test procedure would pass his 'test'. The challenge was seen as a joke by anyone in any industry or office that applies known and working protocols to proofing.

http://forums.randi.org/archive/index.php/t-87372.html

Morgaine
13th May 2011, 20:20
Hello 9eagle9,
Thanks for your posts. Hearing you talk of being banned for challenging the group "perspective" reminds me of a group I joined I while back. Supposedly it was a forum to meet and discuss "Higher Consciousness, your guides" etc. I asked for information about the form "messages" can come in, and could they be seen as accurate tool for the 2012 predictions?
I was tackled to the ground by all about 10 members in the guise of "love, light and understanding" and told I must never speak of that here. :confused:
I couldn't understand why?
I immediately felt incredibly awkward and never went back!

Armen
21st June 2011, 18:35
What we want is an alternative to what we have, but it seems very difficult to enact that, because the avenues of participation are grooved in such a way that it's challenging, and dangerous to ungroove, let alone create new ones.

When I look at the lens through which we extrapolate the void of potential which is always responding to our focusing attention, thus creating reality, I see many social software updates that need to be installed in order to create the capacity within the operating system to see the options and choices that are readily available, but left unexploited.

So, the first suggestion I have, is to begin to tune our lenses of perception toward being able to harness a vision of harmonious, free, societies. Start with the end, and work your way back to where we are. Then we can see what needs to change, or be adjusted, in order to get to that end.

In other words, we need to exercise our imagination, and capacity fo focus that imagination, not just individually, but through shared dialog. What does it look like? We know that you can't put the cart before the horse and expect to get anywhere. Do we know that we are the horses? In other words, do we realize that it is by us exercising our given gift of perceiving meaning and purpose, by imagining, and giving our imagination form, through creative expression, and by the mingling and mixing of individual creativity, that we begin to take steps toward the goal?

I think another very important upate, is to really fully embrace that we are not supposed to know everything and do everything individually. I mean, we need each other. What is the current state of affairs as far as help and support goes? How do we help each other, if at all? What do we even know about each other? How can you help someone if you don't know anything about them?

So the first step is to begin to open up about the reality of our lives. Our interests/purpose/strengths. Our challenges/weaknesses. Our resources. Our globalist counterparts are very good at focusing their imaginations and exercising their will to manifest in the world. They are also very good and funding each others causes so that more of what they support becomes entrenched in the world.

Why do we not do this? Why do we not fund, even on a micro level, each others causes so that people can get free of the blocks that are in the way of entrenching a new world based in altruism and creative expression?

I view this forum as an incredible opportunity for people to begin/continue/deepen the practice of actually supporting each other.

What that means to me, is the following.

Moral support and nurture. Without people in your corner making you feel that what you do has meaning and value in the world, and that you have meaning and value in the world, you become isolated and weak. We all need to be encouraged and nurtured. Especially if we find ourselves already isolated in the world.

Resources. We are all different in many ways, and succeed at different rates. It is vitally important, I think, to have an understanding of who has what resources, so that we can determine where things have to be channeled in order to keep people from freeing themselves up.

But, in order for that to be possible, there has to be trust. So then I ask everyone on this forum. What do you need to develop that trust? How do we create situations and scenarios where bonding can occur? My answer to those questions is this. We have to tell our stories. When we open up, people can begin to form emotional attachments to us. That is when bonding occurs. Through the sharing of experience. Since reality is really just a giant story book, it is by sharing stories that we move closer together. That's why culture is so important, and that's why culture is one of the first things to be eradicated by fascist tyrants.

How can we utilize the internet to open up and share ourselves? And how can we then extend that practice into the real world? What kind of gatherings could emerge as a result?

Why are we still doing conferences where people get up on a podium and talk at other people? Why aren't we gathering to get to know each other? To share common experiences? To mentor and workshop each other into understanding what our purpose is? To hear each other out and see how we can share resources in such a way as to enable more people to get free?

That's what I would like to see, and am advocating/working for.

These are some opening suggestions...

phillipbbg
21st June 2011, 19:12
Hi Morgaine, great to see you here, its interesting group consciousness to move mountains as such.... have you ever wondered why humans of all religions pray with there hands together pointing upwards....
Who showed us collectively to do this and why? How long ago did we learn the power of this shape we create ? What did we use it for collectively, after all not all religions have the same agenda....

So if a million people put there hands together and focused there thoughts through their praying hands what would or could happen..... maybe we already have the tools to work and think collectively and we even practice it in all walks of life ... but we just can't see the power that is right at the tip of our fingers......

Anything that brings us together for one purpose or thought is worth every effort, it is our true human strength in my opinion. Thanks for starting the thread...:):):)

Steven
21st June 2011, 19:18
Thanks for the thread. I just noticed it.

Some will remember that is how Avalon 1 started in 2008. Small meditation groups, focused on a completly New Paradigm for Earth and Humanity, were poping all over. I am still part of one. It is the greatest strength we have.

Namaste, Steven

Davidallany
21st June 2011, 19:52
Why aren't we gathering to get to know each other? To share common experiences?
Hi Armen, there are local groups in many places, I have made contact with 3 local members, we had a couple of meetings so far to utilize and combine our efforts. As more people start hearing the call they will seek groups too. For this to work, everyone should have seen the change in themselves directly. Knowing it intellectually will not suffice. Direct experience many describe it as coming from the back and above the crown. However daily exercises are needed to enhance and maintain it. Whoever needs can find exercises at this link http://ascension101.com/ Chakras need to be open, and the vibrational level should be high enough to see beyond the ego. Whenever ego is involved one always slips back in the dream, a token that one has slipped back in the dream, is a reduction of compassion and concern for all beings, compassion and ego run parallel one is either on the first track or the other.

Thank you.

21st June 2011, 20:29
Yes unfortunately the employment of logic for some reason , probably emotional, doesn't let anyone realize that another expression of group consciousness is....

...herd mentality.

Not quite true IMHO. Herd mentality is an unconscious action not guided by real consciousness. It's simply action from reaction, not response from awareness. Collective Consciousness is not mindless following, its a peronal volition based on presence of mind and soul. The wonderful thing is, we often discover that other people have the same volition, without any influence or persuasion. That is the beauty of the collective consciousness, no-ne leads or waves the baton, it's the true art of singing in harmony without even trying. One of the most wonderful crafts of the new human.