PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Hawking .. has he lost it or its just one more step to global agenda?

Etherios
16th May 2011, 22:05
Physicist Stephen Hawking denounced for believing human beings are biological robots with no consciousness or free will HERE (http://www.naturalnews.com/032416_Stephen_Hawking_consciousness.html)

Stephen Hawking: 'There is no heaven, it's a fairy story' HERE (http://mg.co.za/article/2011-05-16-stephen-hawking-there-is-no-heaven-its-a-fairy-story/)

First it was the aliens will kill us comment now these... its sad to see so clever people follow so sinister policies

9eagle9
16th May 2011, 22:12
A popular theory for those unwilling to scratch beneath the surface. I agree with it but only up to a certain extent (the scratching beneath the surface part) .

That's reality for some people so I suppose they find some sort of comfort in it.

I suppose he credits biological robotics for a life that has extended well beyond what could be expected of a person with that form of neurological disease?

Heaven really doesn't have anything to do with anything actually. I don't believe in it either.

Maia Gabrial
16th May 2011, 22:15
Must be his meds....
:spit:

seko
16th May 2011, 22:22
A popular theory for those unwilling to scratch beneath the surface. I agree with it but only up to a certain extent (the scratching beneath the surface part) .

That's reality for some people so I suppose they find some sort of comfort in it.

I suppose he credits biological robotics for a life that has extended well beyond what could be expected of a person with that form of neurological disease?

Heaven really doesn't have anything to do with anything actually. I don't believe in it either.

We probably have parallel universes around ours and not exactly heavens or a heaven. The whole heaven story maybe is just to cover it up.
Each individual has to decide what to believe

K626
16th May 2011, 22:23
All brain and no mind.

I can forgive him a lot. But this kind of mechanistic bull**** is beyond the pale.

I'm pretty sure I can beat him at chess as well.;)

cheers

K

ulli
16th May 2011, 22:25

Then you really ought to come for a visit.
Can't have people not believing.
Seeing is believing.

16th May 2011, 22:30
Its Straussianism. Leo Strauss's followers include, Bush, Cheney, Wolfowitz. The punch line is that they don't believe humans are anything more than elaborate sponges that suck up information from the environment. This means it doesn't matter much if you drop depleted uranium on them. Straussianism has gotten into everything now, including science.

crosby
16th May 2011, 22:31

Seeing is believing.

believing is seeing......
warmest, corson

ulli
16th May 2011, 22:35

Seeing is believing.

believing is seeing......
warmest, corson

Yes, of course. I'm hearing you.
But at first it's the other way 'round...

Then one day comes the final stage and heaven descends...as you well know, and so do I.
That last hurdle is the hardest...

g.k.r
16th May 2011, 22:41
hawkins is just a puppet anyway,(nwo puppet) you ever considered if it is really him speaking through that computer or is it someone else programming it for him:)

9eagle9
16th May 2011, 23:35
To clarify: I don't believe in a Bibi cal heaven. I don't really have a name for that which descends on me but I don't call it heaven. The name is too Charmin, cloudy and golden harpy for my tastes.

Now if it was a race track I'd be all set.

Tally ho.

ulli
16th May 2011, 23:59
So you would never make a good client,
as my jewelry company is called "Made in Heaven"...dang!

Njord
17th May 2011, 00:20
hawkins is just a puppet anyway,(nwo puppet) you ever considered if it is really him speaking through that computer or is it someone else programming it for him:)

Hah! I had never considered that until you said it :o
It wouldn't surprise me one bit if it was true.
And how would we know?

But on the afterlife none can say. Not even him. It's just his personal opinion...certainly not based in any kind of research work (that we know of).

"Britain's most eminent scientist said there was nothing beyond the moment when the brain flickers for the final time."
That is technically correct. When the brain dies, it dies.
The spirit (or soul), now that is something very different.
And 1+1 can't solve the mystery of the soul/spirit (as far as I know).

I remember hearing something years ago, but I'm not sure if it was a hoax or really done. Or if it was a dream even...
Apparently upon death, the instance the person dies... The body weighed 22mg less or something (and it wasn't the last air etc leaving the body)
As I said I'm not sure where I got this from, but research was apparently done on dying people to look for evidence of the "soul". And it was also found.

Steven
17th May 2011, 00:45
One day, Mr. Hawking will realize that geometrical and mathematical expressions are animated by a living Intention. The only thing that is really alive and animate all else. All else are expressions and extensions.

May the Great Spirit awakes in all of us.

Namaste, Steven

Lettherebelight
17th May 2011, 00:52
For some, the only way to find the conclusive answer to the topic of life after death, is to observe through practical experimentation at the time of death.

Carmody
17th May 2011, 00:54

And how would we know?

But on the afterlife none can say. Not even him. It's just his personal opinion...certainly not based in any kind of research work (that we know of).

"Britain's most eminent scientist said there was nothing beyond the moment when the brain flickers for the final time."

I remember hearing something years ago, but I'm not sure if it was a hoax or really done. Or if it was a dream even...
Apparently upon death, the instance the person dies... The body weighed 22mg less or something (and it wasn't the last air etc leaving the body)
As I said I'm not sure where I got this from, but research was apparently done on dying people to look for evidence of the "soul". And it was also found.

21 grams....

Hughe
17th May 2011, 01:02
He was the person who had to deal with the limitation of physical body and still in complete denial or ignorance to other aspect of human existence. I know he had some opportunities that could expand his consciousness by his friends but he refused to give a try. Why he never tried meditation? That's mystery.

ulli
17th May 2011, 02:30
For some, the only way to find the conclusive answer to the topic of life after death, is to observe through practical experimentation at the time of death.

My MD husband says many of his collegues who work in hospitals and witness many people's death
with time become more and more convinced that the dying person is looking "at someone"
with an expression of recognition and delight during their last seconds.
This has happened often enough to turn atheists into believers.

humanalien
17th May 2011, 04:21
People like him think that science can answer all questions and when
science can't explain something then it doesn't exist. Referring to God
and heaven.

Science can not ever answer all questions concerning an after life,
God or heaven. Some questions were never meant to be answered
by man except upon death.

The best we can do is by educated guesswork.

Lord Sidious
17th May 2011, 04:48
Hawking is the epitome of those who have eyes, but don't see and ears, but don't hear.
Nuggetry isn't just the realm of those with an iq smaller than their shoe size.

Jay
17th May 2011, 05:38
He dances to his masters voice. Sad, when one considers what a great brain there is there. What Hawkins knows and what he says he believes are more than likely two different things - all is agenda dependent. jmho

humanalien
17th May 2011, 05:39
Hawking is the epitome of those who have eyes, but don't see and ears, but don't hear.

Was that a shot at me?

mosquito
17th May 2011, 05:42
God ! You are all quick to dismiss the man, aren't you ?
I suggest you read "A brief history of time", not an easy feat by any means. The thing that struck me most in reading this book was how Stephen is using mathematics to hint at the possibility of time being an illusion, which is EXACTLY WHAT SO MANY PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM SPOUT OFF ABOUT without having any idea what it could mean !
Also - comparing Hawking with Richard Dawkins, the main difference is that while Dawkins writes as though he knows everything, and anyone who disagrees with him is dismissed; Hawking writes with humility.
So maybe he's said something we disagree with, so what, he's spent most of his life confined to a body which doesn't function any more and yet has dedicated his life for searching for answers, which is exactly (forgive me iff I'm wrong) what we're all doing ! His mother observed that by losing the ability tu use his bodey, it focussed his mind, and when he stopped being able to speak he was forced into using his right brain a lot more.
Everyone has a part to play in life, including scientists, REAL scientists, those who have a thirst for truth and who are prepared to admit they were wrong. So please don't dismiss all his work just because currently he may see things differently. Similarly, don't dismiss Dawkins, I challenge anyone to come up with a better denunciation of the catholic church than his speech on the occasion of the pope's visit to the UK, watch it, it's brilliant !

ViralSpiral
17th May 2011, 06:02

This....

I am not a fan of Dawkins' condescending demeanour.

Hawkins has given many valuable fodder, why not be discerning and disregard the babble he may at times spew. If one is able to take the good, then the reverse is also possible, no?

Signing off
Biological robot with no consciousness and an expensive will ,-)

andrewgreen
17th May 2011, 06:12
He has blindly pursued science and believed it could offer a rational explanation for everything, so its no surprise he has come too these conclusions. However it massively dicredits the rest of his work as he makes such outragous statements without any proof. Desperate measures in the light of advancing spirituality, representive of the bigger picture.

Blue
17th May 2011, 06:44
Its just his belief. He hasnt carried out a scientific experiment to prove it. Unless its proved, his belief or opinion shouldnt be any more relevant than anyone elses and shouldnt be turned into a truth just because of who he is.
blue

jackovesk
17th May 2011, 06:53
Physicist Stephen Hawking denounced for believing human beings are biological robots with no consciousness or free will HERE (http://www.naturalnews.com/032416_Stephen_Hawking_consciousness.html)

Stephen Hawking: 'There is no heaven, it's a fairy story' HERE (http://mg.co.za/article/2011-05-16-stephen-hawking-there-is-no-heaven-its-a-fairy-story/)

First it was the aliens will kill us comment now these... its sad to see so clever people follow so sinister policies

Stephen Hawking SOLD OUT to the Globalists a Long Long Time Ago...

ViralSpiral
17th May 2011, 07:01
Blindly pursued......

Science is full of oxymorons
Eg. A massive vacuum in the outer core :D

Long live life's foibles

davyj0nes
17th May 2011, 07:05
perhaps in a way he is right, but his reasoning is wrong. the human body is, or could be seen as a biological machine, but are we the body???
Heaven is a fairy tale, but we don't take heaven literally. We use it as a metaphor to tell a higher truth.

K626
17th May 2011, 08:29
People like him think that science can answer all questions and when
science can't explain something then it doesn't exist. Referring to God
and heaven.

Science can not ever answer all questions concerning an after life,
God or heaven. Some questions were never meant to be answered
by man except upon death.

The best we can do is by educated guesswork.

Science is the crumbs that drop from Gods table.

cheers

K

Lord Sidious
17th May 2011, 10:03

Was that a shot at me?

Nope, I was shooting at hawking.
Why would I shoot at you?

g.k.r
17th May 2011, 11:22

And how would we know?

think it mentions on the jim sparks bill holden vid on camelot archive about expreriments when people died, on special tables that contained all the excretement etc when they died,(bodily fluids too). and yes 22 grammes( i heard it was 22 too) goes missing when they pass,, uunexplainable, so they reckone that the soul is 22 grammes

9eagle9
17th May 2011, 11:40
Much of what is described to be heaven and people are claiming to experience is another part of the matrix. So when people speak of heaven who knows what their speaking of. I'm not insisting something of a paradise doesn't exist outside the illusionary world, there's something beyond that ceiling but my experiences of 'heaven' once one scratched beneath the surface, seemed to be composed mostly of constructs. Much of what our mediums tap into seems to be constructed to. Another distraction, there's so many different levels of reality though out there its hard to determine what people are looking into. Some places were perfectly fine energetically but looked rather boring. If at some point someone every stumbled there I could see why they thought heaven was composed mostly of clouds.....lol. Same with the world of spirit. Neither am I saying that life after death doesn't exist, but there are for sure constructed realities beyond our physical one. If we project with our minds certainly we've create more than a few out there. Looking at if from a soul perspective the concept of a heaven as it exists today doesn't even make any sense.

We probably have parallel universes around ours and not exactly heavens or a heaven. The whole heaven story maybe is just to cover it up.

9eagle9
17th May 2011, 11:50
Which really doesn't have anything to do with biological robots. I don't think there's any doubt the man is brilliant. Most of the PTB have brilliant people. They intiated a plan where we pay them for the privilege of being a slave. That is brilliant.

I'm sure I'm not the only person who gets this vague sense from those who insist humanity as robotic that little mumbling aside "Well all of them but me." No doubt Hawking's has some issues with the higher power all right, and basically I can't say I wouldn't either if I were in his shoes (or wheelchair rather).

Hawking has a disease that should have killed him decades ago; one wonders what is extending his life. And why. Or why its not made available to the public.

Hawkings body reflects his mind to a certain extent. And how he feels about himself.

God ! You are all quick to dismiss the man, aren't you ?
I suggest you read "A brief history of time", not an easy feat by any means. The thing that struck me most in reading this book was how Stephen is using mathematics to hint at the possibility of time being an illusion, which is EXACTLY WHAT SO MANY PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM SPOUT OFF ABOUT without having any idea what it could mean !
Also - comparing Hawking with Richard Dawkins, the main difference is that while Dawkins writes as though he knows everything, and anyone who disagrees with him is dismissed; Hawking writes with humility.
So maybe he's said something we disagree with, so what, he's spent most of his life confined to a body which doesn't function any more and yet has dedicated his life for searching for answers, which is exactly (forgive me iff I'm wrong) what we're all doing ! His mother observed that by losing the ability tu use his bodey, it focussed his mind, and when he stopped being able to speak he was forced into using his right brain a lot more.
Everyone has a part to play in life, including scientists, REAL scientists, those who have a thirst for truth and who are prepared to admit they were wrong. So please don't dismiss all his work just because currently he may see things differently. Similarly, don't dismiss Dawkins, I challenge anyone to come up with a better denunciation of the catholic church than his speech on the occasion of the pope's visit to the UK, watch it, it's brilliant !

conk
17th May 2011, 15:20
Of all people he should understand. He's wrapped up totally in his mind, as his body has failed. He should sense his higher self watching his smaller self think. Who does he think this Watcher is?!

Lord Sidious
17th May 2011, 17:58
So we have a guy with a high iq that is so caught up in his own self he doesn't realise there is more than that?
Ok, noted.

Seikou-Kishi
17th May 2011, 18:09
I'm half tempted to take the high road to Mount Moral and laugh at his decrepit robot

humanalien
17th May 2011, 18:22

Was that a shot at me?

My mistake. Thank-you

Lord Sidious
17th May 2011, 18:25
I'm half tempted to take the high road to Mount Moral and laugh at his decrepit robot

Meet me at the top and we can listen to Ofra and have a few jacks whilst enjoying the beautiful desert view.

Was that a shot at me?

My mistake. Thank-you

No worries nugget.

Jendayi
17th May 2011, 18:32
if i was tied to a wheel chair.. not being able to move.. not being able to make passionate love to a woman.. not being able to dance.. not being able to play with children or my pet dog...
and left with nothing than a High IQ and a towering intellect.. then i too would start to believe we are soulless...
fortunately i know otherwise... let's have a little compassion for this no doubt, cynical individual... i know i would be...
namaste..

Morgaine
17th May 2011, 18:42
ulli-a doctor I know has said the exact same thing!!

phillipbbg
17th May 2011, 18:49
One day he will get it... and if he doesn't he will find out he has to come back and try again...problem will be the baggage he drags with him into the next life....

I think he is just going through his fear of dying period and resisting the spiritual side of reality as long as he can.... or more ironically someone else is making the statements and he has no way of saying its not me..... what mental agony that would be. The freedom of passing on couldn't come soon enough IMO

Morgaine
18th May 2011, 01:44
Appropriate? Or just funny....?
http://tijiuanahitsquad.com/pics/hawking.jpg

18th May 2011, 02:24
I think prolly this is better physics: His disciples said to him: On what day will the kingdom come? <Jesus said>: It cometh not with observation. They will not say: Lo, here! or: Lo, there! But the kingdom of the Father is spread out upon the earth, and men do not see it.

9eagle9
18th May 2011, 02:25
He's a good example of one that doesn't balance logic with emotion.
Or an example of ignoring what one's own work is showing them.
His own views on the matter seem to make all that work and brilliance pointless.

Funny how Einstein was brilliant as well but managed to retain his humanity...and humility.

Syl
18th May 2011, 10:56
I quoted this:

Medical experiments on humans and animals are widely conducted under the assumption that both people and animals have no consciousness, thus their screams of pain are merely "biological reactions" that represent no actual suffering or "real" experience. This has been the core philosophy of science and medicine traced back through centuries -- a kind of pathological detachment from reality.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/032416_Stephen_Hawking_consciousness.html#ixzz1MhTRuT5q

Unquote,

So.. I can do whatever I want now? I can kick any random person in the nuttsack? Fly a plane into my own house for all I care, cuz live its just some weird mechanical thing which just exist for not even the sake of existence itself? Raaaaa I've waited for this day for as now, I will be known as;... Terminator!

jjl
18th May 2011, 11:09
Now if it was a race track I'd be all set. Tally ho.

Your on the track already, heaven is your finish line IMO

jjl
18th May 2011, 11:27
Several years ago, my uncle came to me for a visit. His wife had died 6 months prior and his family lived on the other side of the country (US). He became ill suddenly and before I could even reach his only son, he was put into hospice. He refused to eat and the Dr told me his liver was shutting down.
I had just started a new job, and his hospice was 45 min away, but I managed to see him everyday at least once. During that period, his son flew out for a 2 day visit, which my uncle seemed to enjoy but he still wouldn't eat. When interviewed by a doctor on this matter, my uncle communicated that he was well aware of the consequences he would face by not eating. The hospice respected his wishes. I was frantic. I didn't want him to die alone, without his family around him. I finally expressed this fear to him but all he would say was: "You're family."
One day, after about two weeks of this, (He had now been in Connecticut for a month) I was visiting and he looked past me and smiled. I ask "Is Mary here?" (His wife).
"They're all here," he told me.
That afternoon I went home with a heavy heart and called his son. I told him that I didn't think his father would last much longer and urged him to come back. He called my uncles physician (who hadnt seen him that afternoon) and was assured that my uncle was doing fine. He died at 5 am the next morning but I was just happy he hadn't died alone.

rbevin
18th May 2011, 20:21
Stephen Hawking stirred up controversy last week.
By referring to heaven as a "fairy story for people afraid of the dark,"

Encouraging people to live full lives and "seek the greatest value of our action" instead of relying on a higher power.

Is this news?

While Hawking is a world-renowned scientist who has attained celebrity status with well-known books such as A Brief History of Time, and while his statement provokes ire in the religious, his comment is not that newsworthy. Like Hawking, millions of people around the world identify as atheist or agnostic. Hawking's comments only seem outrageous because society continues to view belief in God, specifically in a Christian God, as the norm, while the dominant Christian paradigm sees anything different as strange or menacing.

For example, every day I see advertisements for churches on the sides of buses, but atheist groups in the UK and United States have attracted controversy by doing the same.

In the United States, we as a society still operate under a Cold War-era mindset that regards atheists as un-American and a threat to society. However, many people interact with atheists every day. Just as coming out as gay can help fight homophobia, coming out as atheist can help fight prejudice against non-believers.

Why we need more people coming out as atheist:

I have identified as an atheist since I was 12 years old and realized that I did not need to believe in a higher power to live a fulfilling life and be a good person. However, I did not "come out" as an atheist until after I started college; I worried about disappointing my parents, who attended church every Sunday and sent me to Catholic school until I finished eighth grade. Learning that other atheists existed helped me better understand my thoughts and feelings; as a science fiction fanatic, my atheist heroes in middle school were Douglas Adams and Isaac Asimov.

Do we all agree with Mr Hawking ?
Do we all believe that we just switch off like a broken computer when it's our time ?

Blacklight43
18th May 2011, 21:20
NO! He obviously has never unplugged long enough to reach the stillness required to HEAR the GOD within!

Mare
18th May 2011, 22:30
Hi rbevin,

I read your article with interest because I read what Stephen Hawking said just the other day via Facebook. I believe a friend of mine posted it on his profile page as an indirect dig at me because we often become embroiled in heated debates about the afterlife/no afterlife over a pint! I stewed on my measured response for a while but then decided not to get involved in an online slanging match.

I have also had strong feelings since boyhood, but my feelings were quite the opposite to yours. I 'felt' from a very young age that this was not 'it' and that there was something beyond this life, but I also felt from a young age that religion was not 'it' either. I came from a non-religious background and attended a C of E school. The Lords Prayer at the end of assembly was about as much religious indoctrination as we got. I dabbled in the church as a teenager for a bit but it just wasn't me. I felt I was in another place. Interested in the spiritual, but not the religious.

Now I believe that religion is nothing but a tool for control as much as perhaps you do, but I am very open-minded by the existence of a God, supreme consciousness, call it what you will. I would go so far as to say I am not only open-minded about the notion of a creator but that I avidly believe it. What form(s) that takes I assume we cannot know in the physical body. A universe-wide consciousness? A vast collection of chemicals? A white man with a vertebrae and a beard sitting on a cloud???

Many of my friends became atheist as a direct stance against religion and their experiences of it, and I think this is my point. Religion has had so much control over us that we believe still that the church is somehow God's/Spirit's mouthpiece. If we don't have faith in the religious institutions then God also must not exist.

Now for me the subject of the existence of a God or an afterlife is one that excites me. It spurs me on to buy strange books and browse strange web-sites into the early hours of the morning. I am not afraid of death or the dark and my life is still fulfilling. I will not however bash your ears about it, and I will not judge you on your viewpoint of it, and it could be to do with where I live but I have never felt any prejudice from religious types either. To be fair, I know quite a few people of differing religious persuasions who are very good people and who would never dream of preaching to anyone either. As they say, there are a lot of grey areas in life, it's never black and white.

Do I agree with Mr Hawking?

No I do not, but that's his point of view. Maybe his 'Brief History of Time' will be regarded as a fairy story in 20 years time?

I do think his analogy of the broken computer is ill-conceived though. A computer runs from an outside source - electricity. When it is broken that energy still exists. Just so, when we eventually break down, our outside source - consciousness, still exists. Perhaps?

That's just my point of view though. Thanks for posting mate. Very interesting subject.

mosquito
19th May 2011, 05:15
Off topic I know, but your flag says UK, you say you live in Wednesbury (bus route 78 and 79) yet you say "here in the United Staes, we as a scociety ....." :confused:

I do actually have some things to say on the topic, but I haven't got time right now :o

19th May 2011, 05:57
A comment about fairy stories for people afraid of the dark seems an oddly mundane statement for a genius to make publicly. Did Einstein ever say anything that dull? I don't think so. My sense of it is there is something wrong with Stephen Hawking - dk what it is though....part of his brain isn't working properly.

rbevin
19th May 2011, 20:07
Hi Mare

I tell you what bud. You have it spot on there. I could not agree with you more. You have my mindset !
You are obviously a well educated person. I could not articulate those sentiments to that standard. I will
save your message to help explain my view point when im struggling to explain (like you) over a beer with pals.

Thank you

rbevin
19th May 2011, 20:20
Mariposafe

Glad you know the bus routes. lol.. The 78 and 79 routes are such a pleasant journey. (especially when you hit Bilston - lovely)

Ref your statement concern. This data was cut and paste to the forum from a news website. So apologies
for your confusion (This is not in my toungue). Also Mr Hawkings views are not my own. The post below yours from
MARE almost match my own opinion.

Sorry you cannot contribute at the moment. It would have been interesting to read your views.

HaveBlue
20th May 2011, 13:32
When the top physics students were asked to name their top 20 most influential physicists of all time Stephen Hawking was not on the list at all.
He is not as well regarded by his peers as the media has led us all to believe.

He can only speak for himself and I completely understand why he thinks this way about himself. Besides, he's always changing his mind about everything he says anyway.

So don't let that biological robot thing get you down. Unless of course that is what you want to be. alot of people could be described that way. we just usually call them sheep or sheeple. they themselves would disagree. It's all opinions.

remember 'I think therefore I am'. That is all you really need. So I guess that means those that don't think are not!

9eagle9
20th May 2011, 13:40
A comment about fairy stories for people afraid of the dark seems an oddly mundane statement for a genius to make publicly. Did Einstein ever say anything that dull? I don't think so. My sense of it is there is something wrong with Stephen Hawking - dk what it is though....part of his brain isn't working properly.

The Brain revolves around neurology. Hawking has a severely debilitating neurological disorder. Go figure. A functioning mind is not the same as an optimal mind neurology. I'm inclined to whimsically think that Hawking may actually be a hard driven unit. He doesn't much display any empathetic or emotional expression that may indicate that he has access to right brain function. It's possible some folks are ..stranger days and all that....

Borden
20th May 2011, 14:12
K626, beat me at chess and I will be impressed. I do agree with your comments though.

Borden.

K626
20th May 2011, 14:16
K626, beat me at chess and I will be impressed. I do agree with your comments though.

Borden.

We'll have to sort out a web game sometime bro...There are some sites we can join for free and so on...

Look forward to it.

cheers

K

9eagle9
20th May 2011, 14:56
Because JJL kindly shared a death bed experience I'll share this one. Its not the first death I've attended but it is the first death I attended where the guest clocked out and came back again. My family doesn't much care to speak about it, it hasn't been mentioned in the two years since its occurred, but this event just emphasized to me that....

There is no real difference between science and religion. They are tales that we create to explain what is going on around us. If we create our reality it suffices to say we can create the tales that support our reality regardless if they are truthful or not.

People who adamantly adhere to one or the other are expressing a fear of death so profound that it literally cripples their ability to live. To LIVE, not just exist, breathing and walking around waving your hands is not LIVING.

I view near death experience as a Near Life Experience.

People who have the peculiar education I've had (or lack of I should say) are near death all the time. When you aren't taught to shrink from it you see it everywhere, every moment of the day.

You make friends with death and assume it as a companion. This is a realm dependent on death. From the moment you are born you begin to die. Every moment there’s cells in your body dying, emotions flare and die. Relationship come to life and die as well. Every moment is a death. Life as we know it is composed around death so death is a constant companion and one learns to regard it as such. As much a part of life as breathing is.

My mother buried her LIVING-ness in a religion she clearly hated but obligated herself to. Out of fear. Her religion didn’t serve her very well either more of something to hide her fear regarding God even as it generated it. A viscous circle. Anything of an otherworldy nature frightened her, which made her and I clash horns from day one. And the closer she got to death the more the otherworldly revealed itself to her.

And the more frightened she would become.

I’ve never seen anyone who refused to live but at the same time fight so hard to remain alive. The day before she died she had entered into this state of clarity about things. But a state of clarity that was so conditioned by fear that she couldn't see the forest for the trees. So I said, "You have a thoughform on you, its been there your whole life dictating your life and causing conflict. It's going to keep you here long after you wished you had gone. " This is something I had said to her many times when she was in good physical health but so angry-fearful that she viewed my opinion as just another expression of my evil nature.

And at that moment she could see it. She literally seen what existed on her, this attachment that wasnt' going to allow her to die but linger on because she was the vessel that fed it. Possessed by one's own fear and conditioning. She seen it and she fought it and we broke its hold on her.

She put up a good fight. However she remained agitated and fearful but the conditions were met to where she could actually die and not linger on and on. During this time she was growing quite agitated. The hospice nurse kept trying to sedate her, while I maintained this sort of struggle as a violent birthing process.

Finally though she worked herself into such a state that…she just left. Poof. She died, her fists clenched onto the collar of my shirt, a panic stricken look on her face. There is no death in peace if there has been no peace in life.

The day nurse recorded her time of death, I began going through the motions of attending to her physical remains with that feeling people think is shock or surreal .It’s not really though its ‘something’ speaking to you. That feeling of ‘ this isn’t real.’ This death is not the first time I've felt that way; neither will it be the last. It's just a truth one returns to over and again when someone has occasion to die.

It's not a feeling, its a knowing.

It feels that way because death isn’t real. You know it. You can feel it. It feels unreal. Doesn’t it? These are things we know and we ignore rationalizing it as shock. We are told its shock, psychology, but we are most knowing when we are near death because we are really near life. Because we don’t know it for what is. We haven’t learned to trust death anymore than we have learned to trust that which gives us life.

These are things that are known and felt but unseen. So I sat by my mother’s death bed pondering this until I said "Show me."

After an hour waiting patiently for life or death to be shown to me, I noticed she was bleeding from her mouth. Dead people don’t bleed so I checked her pulse . No pulse, no breath, so I pried her jaws apart and began cleaning up the blood because people are uneasy at the sight of blood accompanying death. As soon as I did she drew in ragged breath and her eyes popped open. I’ve never seen such a look of such raw surprise in my life. Actually it was wonder. Amazement. I’ve never see eyes so alive in my life.

After a bit she was able to sit up in bed a little. She remained that way unable to speak except for gibberish for about an hour but that wide eyed look of animation never left her eyes. The day nurse came back , gave me a dubious look as if I were somehow responsible for this resurrection (and violation of all that we know about dead.) She started waving the needle around again, stating that mother would be sedated and likely pass again within an hour. I maintained she should be allowed to stay awake and enjoy this period of life. She had earned it after all. 81 years of conflict and she had the brass ring finally.

The nurse however, refused to give a reason for this sudden coming back to life because it would violate her religion—medicine, science. She has to do something to tame what she perceives as a bizarre situation so she does the only thing she knows to do, what she is conditioned to do—sedate the evidence. Deny it. Hope it goes fast so this awkward anomaly goes away.

Mother enters into this peaceful sleep. I never seen her at peace before ever. Ever. Not in my whole life did she have a peaceful moment. Despite the nurse’s prediction ,she wakes up a few hours later, with full faculty, looks around and says (I swear to you) she said, “Who died?”

I started laughing but apparently people didn’t see the humor in this. So I leaned over and said, “You did. You died. And now your back. ” Simple as that. Religion and Science can't explain it but...it just is what it is .

By this time all these family members have arrived expecting to see a dead woman and she’s sitting up and bed telling everyone where she’d gone, who’d she seen, how pretty they were, and all the people were so happy to see her and …..why was that? Why were they so happy to see her?

No one knows what to say to her. I say nothing because it will all be revealed to her eventually. People have to be shown not told.

She always hated my weird ways which to her way of thinking were expressions of evil. She was guilty-evil by association because she’d given birth to me. That's what she had been told so that tale had created a life long strain, a corruption of one the most purely natural things in the world the mother to child bond. The tale, the telling, the told becomes a source of continual conflict.

She had ignored me up to this point but she looked my way eventually. “You see them don’t you?” she finally said to me. “That’s what you have been seeing the whole time, isn’t it?”

So I nod. And in that one sentence a peace was made for made for her. Absolved of a guilt she carried for four decades.

After a while she says reflectively. “I wonder if any of those people were Jesus?”

By this time her minister has arrived and he speaks up suddenly, “Oh no. You were just having a dream.”

Is that freaking bizzare? That someone who claims to be a man of the cloth, this bearer of ultimate knowledge says something like that??-- at a time like that??!! Because things are not happening the way he thinks they know to be true he’s going to steer it back to his comfort level like the nurse did. Because he’s been taught and not shown. This woman had possibly gone to heaven a place that's hard to get into and apparently even more difficult to leave.... so how do you explain what she's doing back here?

All you have to do is ask to be shown and you will. You can’t be told by science or religion ...or anyone else, you have to be shown and if you ask….you will. And that is how your life is given to you.