PDA

View Full Version : The oncoming Spanish Revolution and the Arab Spring

randles
21st May 2011, 00:20
I felt that I had to share this, as living in the province of Spain, it has been the major discussion in our home and has been taken to the heart of my 16 year old daughter.
Last week we watched the University Students dubbed 'the lost generation' wash cars with their University Certificates as there is NO work. Spain's jobless rate hit 21.19 percent in the first quarter of this year, the highest in the industrialised world. For under-25s, the jobless rate in February was 44.6 percent. My daughter is passionate about this and declared 'why is it mum that you can camp out for a week to see a Justin Beiber concert, but when you start camping out for your Human Rights you are dubbed crazy and the Police try to move you on. We are not a lost generation Mum'.
ALL across Spain and filtering through to the Island on which we live, people are taking to the streets and on the mainland thousands and thousands of people, just like you, just like me are descending on Puerta del Sol and peacefully demonstrating. The footage below, not unlike the 4mile peaceful demonstration in Yemen last week. Zapatero said " the protesters were reacting to unemployment and the economic crisis and were acting "in a peaceful manner."
The camp in Sol has been growing every night, even spawning its own internet TV channel - soltv.tv - and dominating the local news coverage. But as it all emerged spontaneously, no-one is quite sure where it will lead... and my daughter is hooked !!

http://beforeitsnews.com/story/650/405/Spanish_Revolution_Has_Begun,_Arab_Spring_Spreads_ to_the_West.html

“La Puerta del Sol in Madrid is now the country’s Tahrir Square, and the Arab Spring has been joined by what is now bracing to become a long European Summer,” writes Pablo Ouziel in Political Affairs.

Spiritus
21st May 2011, 00:26
its inevitable I guess!

randles
21st May 2011, 00:32
http://www.soltv.tv/soltv2/index.html

Protest live 24 hours in a bid to save us from ourselves.. the people are calling for freedom from the politicians and the banking institutions..these are MY people and it makes me proud :)

Gaia
21st May 2011, 00:38
It's a first step towards changes, isn't it ? Go Spain !

randles
21st May 2011, 00:39
It's a first step towards changes, isn't it ? Go Spain !
Olè to that !

karelia
21st May 2011, 00:49
Thank you for sharing this, randles. Reading/hearing about this is incredibly empowering because people are finally starting to wake up all over the planet.

randles
21st May 2011, 00:56
Yes they are waking up, and this is a video of how our children are treated and intimidated by the Police when they exercise their human rights to protest for the right to work ,,they are children protesting in a peaceful manner..

Amenjo
21st May 2011, 01:01
Fantastic! I love the peaceful protest!

"We are calling on everyone to gather in Puerta del Sol and carry out the 'silent protest' action," one of the organising groups, "No nos vamos" ("We are not leaving"), said in an online statement.
Protesters would tie ribbons over their mouths and remove them at five minutes after midnight to mime a "silent shout" of unified protest, it said in the statement.
"We will stay in the square," said Juan Lopez, a spokesman for another protest group "Toma la Plaza" ("Take the Square").
"We respect the commission's decision ... but we have not called a demonstration, this is a movement of citizens."

Love and Truth,

Amenjo

Lord Sidious
21st May 2011, 01:42
Just remember avalonuggets, if you want to get anywhere in this world, you need two things, the knowledge you gain from studying a problem to find the remedy and a backbone.
If you have them both, you are probably 75% of the way there.

indiana
21st May 2011, 01:51
RWMOp9XPiVA

seko
21st May 2011, 02:08
I think this is an historic event. We the people, are we the people??? Puerta del Sol might be a good example.

This peaceful Pamplonada is on and no bull,,,t.

Lord Sidious
21st May 2011, 03:07
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWMOp9XPiVA

There ya go nugget, yet another jacks you owe me. :p

Operator
21st May 2011, 03:19
Just remember avalonuggets, if you want to get anywhere in this world, you need two things, the knowledge you gain from studying a problem to find the remedy and a backbone.
If you have them both, you are probably 75% of the way there.

Indeed ... you forgot something (me thinks) if I understood the Wizard of Oz well you need:

- a brain
- an heart
- courage

to pull the curtain ...

So actually 3 things for the full 100% :cool:

mosquito
21st May 2011, 04:25
Thanks Randles, well spoken good for you and the Spanish people, You have my admiration and respect.

Viva la gente, viva la libertad !!!

HELLO - IS ANYONE IN THE USA OR BRITAIN WATCHING THIS ?????

randles
21st May 2011, 11:33
Thanks Randles, well spoken good for you and the Spanish people, You have my admiration and respect.

Viva la gente, viva la libertad !!!

It would appear that for the moment it is being played down by Zapatero....BUT

We are not going to live in silence, we are NOT going to live in fear :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxlE7yCSHAM&feature=related

randles
21st May 2011, 11:42
This is the morning of the 6th day of protesting..
where ever you are in the world, there is live stream available of this 24 hours a day, please watch and show your support...thank you x

Steven
21st May 2011, 11:56
My spirit is with you brothers and sisters from Spain. May all countries in the world see its populace to make a stand for Freedom, Knowledge, and Sovereignty! I hope my country will follow. I'm talking about it everyday with the people around me, :) A tranquil global revolution.

Namaste, Steven

randles
22nd May 2011, 13:59
The protest is now in its 7th day. For the most part, there has been a managed Media blackout here in this country on the events that are taking place in Spain.
Tens of thousands of people have taken to the streets in Spain. But news reports in Spain and across Europe have focused on the unrest and not on the reasons for it. The number of Spanish youth protesting their government’s economic policies and the high unemployment rate amongst them, continue to climb. The anti-government protests are being held across key cities in the country like Barcelona, Madrid and Seville.

Today Spain is holding its elections and was hoping to dispel the protesting that started 7 days ago. The government went as far as to place a protesting ban, which clearly was ineffective. Spain’s youth is especially disturbed by the 45% unemployment rate amongst them and the country’s overall rate of 21.3% unemployment.

Spanish newspapers and other sources are putting the number of protesters across the country at 60,000. They are all united in demanding a better present and future with more job opportunities and a higher quality of life.

The protesters, who have dubbed themselves ‘los indignados’ or the Indignant, are overall peaceful.

For example:

...Police and tens of thousands of young protesters camped out in dozens of Spanish cities are heading for a clash after the country's electoral authorities effectively ordered the government to dissolve the protests.

The committee declared that the protests contravened Spain's election laws, which ban campaigning the day before a vote. Municipal and regional government elections are to be held on Sunday amid a climate of growing anger over government austerity, spending cuts and 21% unemployment.

"They [the protests] are against electoral legislation ... and cannot happen," the committee ruled.

More than 10,000 people gathered in support of the protesters camped out at a makeshift tent city in Madrid's central Puerta del Sol square in the early hours of Friday morning, greeting with boos and whistles the decision that they must leave....source: guardian.co.uk

The news story above goes on to say that the Spanish people that are protesting are a bunch of malcontents with no real agenda other than mistrust for political elites.

However, in the video below, Spanish citizens talk about the managed media blackout on the protests and what is really happening there.

http://beforeitsnews.com/story/653/438/Media_Blackout_on_the_Spanish_Protests,_But_Citize ns_Describe_What_is_Happening.html

mondaze
22nd May 2011, 14:04
fractures and fissures in the edifice? or more machinations from the ptb? only those in the know can say...

celestia
22nd May 2011, 14:39
In Tunisia we are helping in managing the coverage of your peaceful revolution through social networks: real backbone(smile to Lord Sidious) for our revolution. who cares for medias any more if they don't care about lies ?
Good luck in your fight for real democracy!
Viva España !

Mark Aldebaran
24th May 2011, 00:05
Help US to change the WORLD and DEMOCRACY!
From #spanishrevolution to #worldrevolution

http://www.thetechnoant.info/campmap/

CorLian
24th May 2011, 00:20

Well, no... I try not to watch the news so I have no idea if the press has decided to cover it. I do check some news sites on the internet, just so I am not compleatly out of the loop. I have heard not a whisper of this, wich is unfortunate to say the least. I will post videos if I can.

RedeZra
24th May 2011, 04:23
I see Spain is making a stand against the blood sucking banksters

Round these international merchants up and Ship em to Madagascar ; )

No Mars !

jackovesk
24th May 2011, 04:52
I felt that I had to share this, as living in the province of Spain, it has been the major discussion in our home and has been taken to the heart of my 16 year old daughter.
Last week we watched the University Students dubbed 'the lost generation' wash cars with their University Certificates as there is NO work. Spain's jobless rate hit 21.19 percent in the first quarter of this year, the highest in the industrialised world. For under-25s, the jobless rate in February was 44.6 percent. My daughter is passionate about this and declared 'why is it mum that you can camp out for a week to see a Justin Beiber concert, but when you start camping out for your Human Rights you are dubbed crazy and the Police try to move you on. We are not a lost generation Mum'.
ALL across Spain and filtering through to the Island on which we live, people are taking to the streets and on the mainland thousands and thousands of people, just like you, just like me are descending on Puerta del Sol and peacefully demonstrating. The footage below, not unlike the 4mile peaceful demonstration in Yemen last week. Zapatero said " the protesters were reacting to unemployment and the economic crisis and were acting "in a peaceful manner."
The camp in Sol has been growing every night, even spawning its own internet TV channel - soltv.tv - and dominating the local news coverage. But as it all emerged spontaneously, no-one is quite sure where it will lead... and my daughter is hooked !!

http://beforeitsnews.com/story/650/405/Spanish_Revolution_Has_Begun,_Arab_Spring_Spreads_ to_the_West.html

“La Puerta del Sol in Madrid is now the country’s Tahrir Square, and the Arab Spring has been joined by what is now bracing to become a long European Summer,” writes Pablo Ouziel in Political Affairs.

Thanks randles for keeping us all updated,

One Important Question:

Can you please share with us 'What Impact' has the Global Warming Scam has had on your Country with your Govt. moving towards a Green Economy?

...from what I've heard you are losing approx 2.2 Normal Jobs for every 1 Green Job created!

Any information you can share with us randles would be greatly appreciated.

Browneyedsteve
24th May 2011, 06:42
I felt that I had to share this, as living in the province of Spain, it has been the major discussion in our home and has been taken to the heart of my 16 year old daughter.......................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................

Thanks for this randles. This is, I think, a wonderful post. I found it truly inspirational. I have sent it to all my friends and my children, especially my four daughters. Thank you so much.
In love and peace and without fear. Steve

randles
25th May 2011, 20:04
Well hello there Browneyed Steve ! It would be interesting to see or hear WHERE you have head this....

I can only give you MY personal insight. You see, I live on one of seven Islands almost 1000 miles south of Spain. We are governed by the law of Spain, and as most people know are NOT governed by their taxes. The Gobal Warming 'Scam' is very subjective and the reality is that millions of people of literally 'paying' for this all across the world either by monetary means or by personal sacrifice which mainly dictates the amount and quality of food that we put on our tables to feed our families.
Here, on my Island, WE went GREEN many years ago. Many years ago. But for very different reasons. This allowed My people to have more money and put higher quality of food on the table whenever there was hunger, NOT just because the time of day dictated that your body should receive an intake of food.
Let me take you through it.
Food: There is NO cattle raising here, as there is NO grazing, the local favourite here is still Goat and Rabbit. Meat is imported from the Mainland Spain and Argentina. However, the farms here are organic and use little to no pesticides. The Canary Islands had a lifelong successful export of their main produce - Bananas, until EU regulations implemented many years ago meant that the simple plantation owner was forced to use pesticides to ensure that his bananas were not too bendy and of a size to meet EU rules. There are still many plantation owners here that still grow their bananas and tomatoes by organic means to sell in supermarkets here on the Island. And yes, there is alot of waste, because as we all know fruit that is not grown by the new methods and then radiated for transport, becomes inedible after a short period of time. When the Euro was introduced here the rate was 1.66 euros to each and every english pound. In laymans terms, the English coming here were having it 'large' on the exchange rate, whilst we saw everything from food to electricity hike up 66% literally overnight. The Pesata was healthy and gave wealth to the larder..but lets just say that the Euro made buying food..that little bit harder... That is how Going Green affected our food.
Water: We rely soley on the rainfall and the melting snow from the Volcano that is stored in the mountains and overflows into hap hazardly man made troughs that spill water down the mountains and into the Tourists water supply on the Coastal areas. Fuente Azul is the main bottling plant here. Salination plants started springing up a good few years ago, the Island of El Hierro uses Salianation supply on a daily basis. Because my Island received millions of Tourists a year the useage for the basics like toilet and shower water is huge. Hot water tanks are small, to encourage people to use less. THAT SAID....we have NEVER had a drought. We have NEVER been without water. Even today, in 2011 many villagers walk the mountain paths dragging behind them empty containers to fill with water running from the mountains. And water is NOT expensive. I pay 1.25 Euros for 8 litres of drinking water, and 25 euros each month for the water consumption in the apartment. How does this relate to your question ???? 2500 miles away, my brother lives in a very wet country, with reservoirs galore, and they have droughts, hose pipe bans, and the average family pay 3 times the amount that I do whilst having their supply monitored by a meter. In his country people are employed to dig up the roads to tweek water supplies and in his country, his water supply is held in open tanks, the flouridity messed about with and recirculated through the sewer pipe and translated back into drinking water and bathing water...On my Island, the people employed by the water company only dig up the road if there is a mains burst, and inbetween drive around connecting and disconneting the water supply is there is an unpaid bill.
Electricity.. Solar power has been used on these Islands for years. But please remember that we have such an inordinate amount of sunshine it not only works, but for those that can afford the initial outlay, is cost effective. However. Here in the villages we are at the mercy of the mainland for our power supply. Beyond the tourist areas there is little to no street lighting before or after you hit a village. The motorway is unlit in the night. Beyond the Tourist areas our powerline are black cables, slung from wooden tree trunks, making their may higgildy piggildy from one village to the next. In the Summer when temperatures are hitting the 40's it is commonplace for the villages to be without power for hours or even days on end. The villagers refer to the 'greedy tourists' eating it all, with their Hotel air conditioning units and their heated pools, and they complain in the heat because their Euros will not stretch to a unit of their own to cool them down, and Electricity is soooooo expensive. There are NO gas piplelines, and bottled gas can only be collected from centralised locations and the majority of new build comes automatically without the option for bottled gas. Bottled gas is very very very cheap. My average Electricity will each month is 80 Euros to heat water and cook food. A bottle of gas costs about 16 Euros and would heat water and cook food for almost 6 weeks. I would guess that next to the Police and Emergency services here, the Electricity supplier from the mainland comes a close 3rd.
Recycling....The local Island Councils have had recycling plants here for about 10 years. There is little to no responsibility placed on any householder to seperate their rubbish. Why ???? Because they had a better idea years ago...If the rubbish is going to be collected anyway, and the householder is paying for that service, then we (the recycling company) will EMPLOY people at the recycling plant to sort through it there, better ensuring of a more diligent job and enabling the Plant to 'sell on' their own 'raw' product from there....Over the years, that has been privatised over and over again, up to the point where it is almost unrecognisable. Whenever it is 'recontracted out', the workers under the previous contract go unpaid, rubbish piles up in the streets, the new contractees kick'in, and round and round we go....
That is my personal insight...
When I said the matter is subjective,, it is also diverse. When I said that we are governed by Spain, we are, but we try and have a voice. The whole subject matter that you ask of, and the connecting of dots that we all do, WE KNOW leads to One world government. Please remember that the above picture that I have painted, may to some appear to be idillyc in some ways... BUT KNOW THIS...
I also live in a countries province that gives little to no financial help to its occupants. PARO (unemployment benefit) is dependant only on what you have put in the pot, and will only support you to a maximum of 2 years. AYUDA FAMILIAR (family help) which would normally help to support a family in their times of poverty IS BEING WITHDRAWN. These are difficult times for people who live on these Island where their ONLY source of income is Tourism. There is NO manufacturing Industry. There is NO commerece. There is NO solution. Spain will NOT let go on these Islands, it needs their revenue to balance their own books in the winter when their own summer sunshine that attracts their own Tourists has set in the sky.
Children are desperate to work. Mothers cry at the frustration and inability to feed their own children. Fathers walk into restaurants in the tourist area at the end of the nights and BEG for what is left from the day so that they can take it home to their families. Families wait by the bins at the back of the supermarkets when they close to see what has been thrown out.
You asked me what I know of NORMAL jobs and GREEN Jobs.... I would ask YOU this..
What is the difference between Normal and Green; because people here are hungry, thirsty, forgotten and could not care less. They have long since cared about the difference, they are looking only to survive and work their way out of it, in the most dignified manner.
When I say love and light to you. It is because I kinow what love and light is. Love and light is all that we have left when everything else has been taken away, and the best thing is that we realise that is all that we needed anyway..
Love and Light to You my friend,
Wendy

Thanks randles for keeping us all updated,

One Important Question:

Can you please share with us 'What Impact' has the Global Warming Scam has had on your Country with your Govt. moving towards a Green Economy?

...from what I've heard you are losing approx 2.2 Normal Jobs for every 1 Green Job created!

Any information you can share with us randles would be greatly appreciated.

seko
25th May 2011, 20:47
I see Spain is making a stand against the blood sucking banksters

Round these international merchants up and Ship em to Madagascar ; )

No Mars !

Hahaha probably the Nazis are there already and wouldn't b happy to receive this banksters.

randles
27th May 2011, 20:36
When I first shared this thread, I did so with a proud spirit- The protests throughout Spain by our children desperate for work have been so peaceful. Much coverage has been shared by local Media showing this to be true...BUT TODAY MY BLOOD ALMOST BOILED OVER.....The Spanish Police have openly Fired at them..
Police just cleared the protest camp on the Plaça de Catalunya in Barcelona, firing rubber bullets at protesters and hitting indiscriminately.

Please go to the following link
http://beforeitsnews.com/story/668/311/Spanish_Police_Fire_At_Peaceful_Protesters_In_Barc elona.html

Information is still sketchy (if you’re in Barcelona, please give us an update!) but it appears that riot police have just cleared the peaceful protest camp at Plaça de Catalunya in Barcelona with force.

At least 43 are reported to have been treated for injuries, although actual numbers are likely to be higher.

Video footage shows police beating away indiscriminately at protesters sitting on the ground. Reports say police even fired rubber bullets to disperse a small group of protesters that peacefully resisted eviction.

The Barcelona camp has been the second biggest in Spain, after the Puerta del Sol in Madrid, and had been occupied ever since the national protests on May 15th. Just yesterday, we shared a short documentary that showed the good-natured spirits of the peaceful protest camp.

randles
27th May 2011, 20:50
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8Z-BXQDfk8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vz2W1IRjmcc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ0Ud_toBO4&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtaNg8c8OtU&feature=player_embedded

randles
27th May 2011, 20:55
I am completely disgusted with the very FACT that there peaceful protests that have continued since May 15 are being openly beaten. The police are not enticed they are just animals lashing out. The year is 2011 and this is obviously a Police State in plain sight..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8Z-BXQDfk8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vz2W1IRjmcc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ0Ud_toBO4&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtaNg8c8OtU&feature=player_embedded

Newlyn
29th May 2011, 18:17
Yes, this things you don't see in the news.

A good article. http://www.worldwithoutwars.org/news/15-m-spain-nonviolence-now-streets