PDA

View Full Version : Friends from another life?

Charlie Pecos
22nd May 2011, 16:50
Howdy folks,

I can't tell you how many times in my life I have been introduced to someone or met someone, and it is like we have known each other for a very long time- instant best friends. Just recently, I was introduced to a guy and a situation (work wise) and I kind of had an attitude about it until he and I started talking. We found that we generally operate on the same wave length, he is pretty darn open minded. But it is much more than that and hard to describe with just words. I ran into him by chance in an out of the way hardware store recently. The joy and comraderie that was felt by me in that chance meeting took me by surprise, and I just knew he felt the same as he was genuinely glad to see me, like we are brothers. This has happened to me sooo many times in my life.

These good people have come and gone as the years go by, life always takes us in different directions you know. But for the brief time that we are together, it feels like being home, like I am finally with my people, my true family. It has occurred to me that these spirits are good friends from previous experiences who come into my life as a sort of cameo appearance, a special hello from the other side so to speak.

I am wondering if any of you have had the same experiences?

Wings
22nd May 2011, 17:15
Hi Charlie, yes I have had similar experiences on a number of occasions. I think many have. These are ties to the past - a reconnection with members of our own soul group.
Why the attitude? ... why the hardware store? .... clues to the past no doubt. Knowing/recognising what part these people played in our previous experiences can make life interesting.
Thanks for sharing your story.

Tony
22nd May 2011, 17:19
Yes.......! One seems to have a karmic connection.

Tony

Charlie Pecos
22nd May 2011, 18:08
Why the attitude? ... why the hardware store?

The attitude had to do with a business venture I was reluctant to take because I thought it would be more of the same old thing- low wages and lots of driving, coupled with the obligitory BS so common to the home improvement industry.

As far as hardware stores go, there are no coincidences. I became accutely aware of a sincere connection between two beings who otherwise, for all intents and purposes, do not know each other.

MoSh187
22nd May 2011, 18:51
Yes, i met at least four people I have had past lives with... actually make that six. we all met on a lucid dreaming forum and had multiple mutual dreams. Even our dreams told us that we did this very thing in the time of MU and atlantis.

janus
22nd May 2011, 18:52
The first experience of this type I remember clearly happened when I was in my late 20's. A friend and I went to a lecture, and the only two seats available were at the end of a row filled with people. As we tripped over toes to get to our seats, I looked at a person I was nearing and there was instant recognition. He was an elderly gentleman, not anyone I had ever met before; but as we locked eyes, we couldn't help but smile at each other. I 'knew' this man, and he 'knew' me. There was a joy in the meeting, like very long, lost friends, yet not a word was spoken between us. There didn't need to be...it was like there was an understanding between us that was so deep it didn't require speech.

I don't have the words to explain the surprise at seeing each other, the instant recognition, and the joy...it was simply beyond words.

Charlie Pecos
22nd May 2011, 19:19
The first experience of this type I remember clearly happened when I was in my late 20's. A friend and I went to a lecture, and the only two seats available were at the end of a row filled with people. As we tripped over toes to get to our seats, I looked at a person I was nearing and there was instant recognition. He was an elderly gentleman, not anyone I had ever met before; but as we locked eyes, we couldn't help but smile at each other. I 'knew' this man, and he 'knew' me. There was a joy in the meeting, like very long, lost friends, yet not a word was spoken between us. There didn't need to be...it was like there was an understanding between us that was so deep it didn't require speech.

I don't have the words to explain the surprise at seeing each other, the instant recognition, and the joy...it was simply beyond words.

Beautifully written Belle, thank you. :hug:

A knowing between two beings that transcends time, dimensions, and communication. Ain't it grand?!

Anno
22nd May 2011, 21:21
Yes I have. Not that often. As you said, sometimes you meet a person and you feel straight away that you've known eachother forever already. There aren't the usual barriers, you just trust straight away. You said it's like being home and I think that's the best way of describing it. The person I feel this way strongly about also has a lot of very strange coincidences/synchronicities with me. We grew up at opposite ends of the country and didn't meet until we were in our late teens, but both our fathers have the same name, same job and bought the same kind of houses. Sometimes we feel like we are one person incarnated twice, rather than two separate people, although we both definitely have our own paths and disagree on certain things. He described it once as us being friends outside of time and space.

One other thing I've noticed with friends like this is that it doesn't matter how often we speak or see eachother. We can go for a couple of years (and have) without really speaking, but when we do it's like that time apart never happened.

Astra
22nd May 2011, 23:26
Yes ... seeing someone for the first time and "knowing" this person has happened to me on a number of occasions. One particular experience stayed with me to this day. It happend 10 years ago.

My good friend, (by the way - a lovely lady with some pretty amazing abilities) asked me if I would like to come by and meet her mother. So, there I was, sitting in my friend’s living room, waiting for her Mum to join us for coffee. At one point, I felt as if something prompted me to turn and look up. That’s when I saw an old lady coming down the stairs ...

I’ll never forget it ... I stood up to greet her, when all of a sudden I felt a surge of energy, like an ancient wind rushing towards this particular point in time and space. The whole surrounding started "melting", it felt as if a potent energy “compressed” the two of us in a sphere of vibration ... This is so hard to explain ... I kept staring at her, in disbelief ... and I could not move. Then, little by little, I started making baby-like steps towards the lady, while this huge, vibrating energy continued dancing, inside and outside of me.

My friend immediately picked up what was going on, and decided to step aside, leaving the two of us to fully embrace the moment of “recognition” . Finally, when I came close to the old lady, I started weeping. Interestingly enough, a part of me was so embarrassed and ashamed of crying, but I felt there was the other side of “me”, ready to jump out, to break free ... and that “other” part of “me” was not ashamed of tears pouring down... because “it” felt “at home”, safe within the sphere of vibration ... All I wanted to do was to hug the old lady, to be in her arms forever and to ask her: “Why did you leave me?” There was this buzzing sound in my ears, my lips went numb, I could not feel my body ...I felt transported ... immersed into the ocean of unconditional love ... It was as if a part of me separated and merged with this person ... I knew her ... It was not about her look, no! Her face was not familiar to me at all. It was much deeper, almost like coming back to the “real me” My friend’s Mum was blown away ... she couldn't take her eyes off me ... We both just knew it! We recognized each other...

I could not sleep that night ... My friend phoned me the day after to let me know how her Mum could not stop talking about me. She told her that she felt the surge of energy ... and how she knew me from “times unknown” ... and how she will never forget the experience ...

When I think of this moment, I can literally re-create the atmosphere, the energy and the sphere of vibration ... While I had some other experiences related to a “past life recognition” , I know this one was more about the recognition of “me” in the other “Being” ... Yes, some things are just so difficult to explain in words ...

Love,
Astra

:grouphug:

Charlie Pecos
22nd May 2011, 23:57
Yes ... seeing someone for the first time and "knowing" this person has happened to me on a number of occasions. One particular experience stayed with me to this day. It happend 10 years ago.

My good friend, (by the way - a lovely lady with some pretty amazing abilities) asked me if I would like to come by and meet her mother. So, there I was, sitting in my friend’s living room, waiting for her Mum to join us for coffee. At one point, I felt as if something prompted me to turn and look up. That’s when I saw an old lady coming down the stairs ...

I’ll never forget it ... I stood up to greet her, when all of a sudden I felt a surge of energy, like an ancient wind rushing towards this particular point in time and space. The whole surrounding started "melting", it felt as if a potent energy “compressed” the two of us in a sphere of vibration ... This is so hard to explain ... I kept staring at her, in disbelief ... and I could not move. Then, little by little, I started making baby-like steps towards the lady, while this huge, vibrating energy continued dancing, inside and outside of me.

My friend immediately picked up what was going on, and decided to step aside, leaving the two of us to fully embrace the moment of “recognition” . Finally, when I came close to the old lady, I started weeping. Interestingly enough, a part of me was so embarrassed and ashamed of crying, but I felt there was the other side of “me”, ready to jump out, to break free ... and that “other” part of “me” was not ashamed of tears pouring down... because “it” felt “at home”, safe within the sphere of vibration ... All I wanted to do was to hug the old lady, to be in her arms forever and to ask her: “Why did you leave me?” There was this buzzing sound in my ears, my lips went numb, I could not feel my body ...I felt transported ... immersed into the ocean of unconditional love ... It was as if a part of me separated and merged with this person ... I knew her ... It was not about her look, no! Her face was not familiar to me at all. It was much deeper, almost like coming back to the “real me” My friend’s Mum was blown away ... she couldn't take her eyes off me ... We both just knew it! We recognized each other...

I could not sleep that night ... My friend phoned me the day after to let me know how her Mum could not stop talking about me. She told her that she felt the surge of energy ... and how she knew me from “times unknown” ... and how she will never forget the experience ...

When I think of this moment, I can literally re-create the atmosphere, the energy and the sphere of vibration ... While I had some other experiences related to a “past life recognition” , I know this one was more about the recognition of “me” in the other “Being” ... Yes, some things are just so difficult to explain in words ...

Love,
Astra

:grouphug:

Wow! A truly amazing experience, and I must say I have never had one that intense. Thank you so much for sharing.

A few years Back I was doing a house remodeling job for an older gentleman and his wife, very nice people. He and I would talk for hours as I performed my job. Although he was a devout catholic, he taught me many things about spirituality. For instance, he told me that his concept of hell was to be as far removed from God's love as one could possibly be. It made perfect sense to me, I knew instantly that he was quite correct. And he also liked to say that I taught him many things as well, although what I could have possibly taught this man I have no idea. He was quite fond of saying "I feel like we are kindred spirits", and he would always greet me with open arms and a big smile. This same man quite literally saved my life and the lives of some people he did not know one day. I was in a bad place in my head and he was sent to tell me "just love". The timing was impeccable. God I miss Ray Scott. Unfortunately, he came down with alzheimers shortly after I finished his project. I lost contact with his wife, but I do feel he has most likely moved on.

Carmen
23rd May 2011, 00:01
Another spooky connection is when you meet a pretty well exact mirror of yourself. What you love, they do and what they love, you do. Or, you both have the same passions The eyes have it. To look into someones eyes and know them, and know that they know you. Also, mirror images of body scars. Mine was a scar on my hand from cutting myself with a knife. Same position of scar, same knife wound, only mirrored, he on his right hand, me on the left. Spooky!!!!

gripreaper
23rd May 2011, 00:12
Wow Astra, reading your story made me feel that surge of energy and emotion and made weep as I relived a very similar experience. It sure is awesome to be reunited with our soul family after all these eons of traveling in time and space, isn't it?

Meesh
23rd May 2011, 23:40
I had this experience about 20 years ago when I was working as a Hospice volunteer. I was in the office and a young man, a new volunteer, came into the room with one of the bereavement counselors. She introduced us and we said hello. When he came into the room, I felt this surge of tremendous joy. I had no idea why, it was the feeling that you would get if you had just seen someone that you loved a great deal after being separated for many years. A feeling like: "Oh, there you are and I am overcome with happiness to see you." The exchange was very brief, it all happened within a minute. After he left the room, I never saw him again. I've always wondered what that was all about.

Morgaine
24th May 2011, 00:38
I love these stories! I have had a couple of experiences like this. I will describe one to you. Not too far from where I live there is an old schoolroom that has been transformed into a bar/music venue for the rural locals our here. It is at least 120 years old, and a wonderful building with an open fire and a beautiful view. One evening I was there celebrating St Patrick's day with my friend, when I bumped into an old acquaintance. (she happens to be a "psychic"/ healer) There was about 120 people present I suppose.
After a while we started chatting about what we'd been up to etc, and she laughed and said "I knew I should have come here tonight! See, now we've bumped into each other again after such a long time!" (neither of us live in the close community the hall was built for, we traveled to get there about 50km) "I said, there must have been a reason!" to which she replied "Do you believe in that do you Morgaine? Fate?" I thought about it, and I answered "Yes, I genuinely do, I believe things happen for a reason." "Well I challenge you to prove it then," she went on "There must be over 100 people here, I want you to choose one of them that you think you are "supposed" to meet for whatever reason. that you imagine you have a connection to, and then we will test your theory!"
Well, I love a challenge, so I scanned the room and instantly saw an older gentleman (about 25 years my senior) with grey hair, standing on his own and enjoying the band. I felt an instant pull towards him, and a sense of familiarity too. "Him!" I said pointing, and laughing. Everyone around our table who had been listening to us, gasped and started laughing. "Not him!! He's a weirdo! Stay away from him!" Well, I couldn't understand why they were saying it, and I admit I felt a bit wary, so I did nothing. A short while later there was a tap on my shoulder and it was him, "Hello! Your friend has mentioned that you might like to have a discussion with me!" funny opening sentence, but we both laughed at the absurdity of it, and introduced ourselves. We ended up talking for hours and hours.
Now this person is still a very close friend of mine (10 years later), he is an eccentric, a writer, a permaculture enthusiast, a collector of unique and amazing things, and also a true genius. We have a lot of interests in common, and it is sad that he is misunderstood by many of the people in our small town.
I still think to this day that I "knew" him before I spoke to him, and I recognised him by sight, which lead to our friendship. I look back on this event with great fondness!

Charlie Pecos
24th May 2011, 01:29
I still think to this day that I "knew" him before I spoke to him, and I recognised him by sight, which lead to our friendship. I look back on this event with great fondness!

I think it goes much deeper than sight, it has to do with soul recognition but even that doesn't quite explain it. We can literally feel the other person, their energy, their aura, their being.
What a wonderful gem to come across in life! There are so many things hidden in this existence, just waiting for us to recognize them, to marvel at our new discovery.
It reminds me of a song by Pearl Jam- Elderly woman behind the counter in a small town: "I just want to scream....Hello! My God it's been so long, never dreamed you'd return! But now here you are, and here I am."

9U4bf5OPTdc

loveandgratitude
24th May 2011, 01:47
Beautiful song.............really beautiful.

The truth is that everyone you ever meet, people that you have close or fleeting contact with, your family, friends, the shopkeeper, the person you sit next on the bus, the person you bump into on the street, are people you have known before in other lives. Law of attraction.

Usually these contacts are about resolving, finishiing off some loose ends, ending conflict, restoring a debt, saying thank you for a favour, saying sorry and on its goes. Generally those that we love most are the ones that will reincarnate in the same family but not always. It is possible to reincarnate into a family of people where their was conflict, murder etc, possibly once you were enemies etc.

As difficult as this may be it is always about resolving karmic debt, something that has to be repaid, sometimes that may mean forgiveness. If we hold grudges, then that will hold us back from evolving into the higher realms. Sometimes we have to do a good deed for someone that once did a good deed for us, (saved our life), etc.

So forgivness is really about our own development and our own peace of mind, freeing ourselves from the net and bounds or karma. To set oursleves free from karmic debt.

Wings
24th May 2011, 16:42

The attitude had to do with a business venture I was reluctant to take because I thought it would be more of the same old thing- low wages and lots of driving, coupled with the obligitory BS so common to the home improvement industry.

As far as hardware stores go, there are no coincidences. I became accutely aware of a sincere connection between two beings who otherwise, for all intents and purposes, do not know each other.

Thanks for the explanation, but I wasn't searching for answers. Rather, I was simply suggesting that our attitudes and first impressions etc. etc. - when we experience these type of meetings - are never mere coincidences and ARE meaningful, but people OFTEN don't recognise the clues.

Hummingbird
24th May 2011, 16:57
I had many experiences like this.. most profound for me was I met my wife like this, she is nothing like her DNA family and I am nothing like my DNA family but we love all the same things and our core intentions have been aligned even before we met each other. Since the first night we met we have not spent more than 10 hours apart from each other,that was 6 years ago.

I felt this feeling towards almost everyone who attended the sacramento Bill and Inelia seminar. And like someone said above we are all of like soul/intention/higherself, what would we have done without ya Bill? don't know but I know I love this place and all of my brothers and sisters who make it what it is :grouphug:

Nyce555
24th May 2011, 17:13
This has happened to me many times before also. I have a good friend that I work with. On my first day on the job over 3 years ago, I was hired as her manager. She was the first person I was introduced to and she gave me a tour of the office. When my eyes met hers, instantly I felt like "I know this girl". She and I are now very good friends. Like a long lost sister. It was weird, but it was instant.

Another person it happened with was my current boyfriend. The minute he looked me in the eyes I felt like I know that he and I would be at least friends for a long time. It's been 8 years and he's still hanging around. Nobody knows me better than he does and I know him better than anyone else. Sometimes I feel like we were siblings in another life because we can get very competitive and argue about the stupidest thing. Lol!

For some reason, I also felt like I am my Father's mother. She died young when my dad was 13 and I am named after her (my middle name). He calls me by her name and I often find myself checking up on him as if he is my son. Lol!!

ruisatriani
24th May 2011, 17:40
This was a story that still is very undefined to me, maybe thats why i'll share it.
I was working in Barcelona for some months. I went on a friday night to the Born area to have a drink with some friends. After a while, being just me and another friend, we are walking around passeig del born and we met this guy from Iceland. My friend went home after a while but i felt compeled to just stay and chat with this man. I have found interesting characters everytime i get alone in an unknwon city and i felt it would be worth. So we start talking about trivial things at the beggining and the conversation starts entering a more spiritual or esoterical content, lets say. It was late already, maybe around 4.00am, and we couldnt get any more beer nowhere, legally all clubs close at 4.00am. i was almost saying goodbye and out of nowhere he tells me, "look, there is a place you have to go, the name of the bar is Papillon, and there is someone there that you are supposed to meet".
From that moment on, i was looking at this guy with a different perspective. I have the openeness of spirit to accept this things are real and I myself try to get more than just my sense that they are real... but when they really happen to you, its a different matter. So, I started to get very excited with this event, a bit fearfull, but i was decided to go and we started walking. After some minutes we stopped to buy beers from a muslim guy and another guy joined because he was buying a beer for himself as well. We started talking but this new guy gave me a very strange vibe, my decisive energies were now turning into doubts. Anyway we kept going and the guy i just met was talking in a strange way to this 3rd guy, not like he never met him and not like they were acquainted... I waited for a while but couldnt resist asking what is going on... is this guy coming as well to this place? do you know him? and they looked at themselves from time to time, with a kind of recognition look. So, things started to sound stange, in my perspective, of course, and i asked what was the plan? the guy now was answering me with this 3rd guy behind him being an accomplice of his words: dont be afraid, come with us.. you are supposed to. There are some answers waiting to be given to you for your life. I just freaked out, i said: "us"?Q what do you mean US? now you know this guy? So i started freaking out instead of being brave and go forward... the 3rd guy was saying something like "i was not ready", and i was freaked out and talking to the Iceland guy (the one i felt more confortable with), telling him "look, if this has to happen, so it will happen later on in my life.. i am not feeling it good right now"... And he looked like he saw me running away from something that would be good for me, just by fear. The day after i tried to look for the name of the bar and tried to find it, but it was a bit hidden, so i didnt at my first attempt.. and it all went away.
But, until today, i have the feeling that was a crucial moment in my life where i got the chance to really know things arent only coincidences and that there is a greater thing at stake.. and i let it go away.

Charlie Pecos
25th May 2011, 00:54

Thanks for the explanation, but I wasn't searching for answers. Rather, I was simply suggesting that our attitudes and first impressions etc. etc. - when we experience these type of meetings - are never mere coincidences and ARE meaningful, but people OFTEN don't recognise the clues.

You are quite correct of course!:) I think it is something I am supposed to work on- not having an attitude about new situations and experiences. This wasn't the first time and probably won't be the last. That is the beauty of life, it seems we are given as many chances as are needed to learn our lessons. Life certainly has a way of teaching us, whether or not we are paying attention is a different matter entirely.

@Ruisatriani- well you certainly have my curiosity!