PDA

View Full Version : America/UK to form new Joint Taskforce to combat terrorism

Karma Ninja
23rd May 2011, 14:40
As if one needed further proof that the war on terrorism is far from over, we are greeted with this news. It would appear as though the two sides are bracing for additional measures to be taken due to the continued unrest in the mideast. As well, it can be assumed that Cameron is no longer concerned with appearing to be 'in bed' with the Americans. There are still a couple of pieces of land missing from the 'land bridge' connecting Asia/Africa/Europe. This is effectively a war on Islam and if we have not already begun WWIII than we are none the less a world at war. Why can't the people of the west realize who the real terrorists are and acknowledge that the mideast is rising up against its western oppressors? Hopefully peace will prevail.

Also, a secondary taskforce will deal with how to assist retired and former members of the military reintegrate into society. This is welcome news and hopefully both sides an find better ways to help vets deal with Post Traumatic Stress disorders.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Britain+form+body+fight+terror+share+intel/4825652/story.html

I find it interesting that, although the article deals with a development in the war on terrorism, the caption of the photo is of Pakistani's protesting the use of unmanned drones to attack innocent civilians. Who are the terrorists exactly?

TimelessDimensions
23rd May 2011, 17:12
terrorists and counter-terrorists don't exist in my time-line ;)

Flash
23rd May 2011, 17:19
terrorists and counter-terrorists don't exist in my time-line ;)

Here we are still in the switching process.
Changing timeline does not mean to be blindfolded to others timelines. Empathy must still be there for the brothers.;)

Seikou-Kishi
23rd May 2011, 17:21
Any combined taskforce on terrorism really just means they're co-ordinating their efforts to induce terror, not combat it.