PDA

View Full Version : Do we know who we are?

letmedanz
26th May 2011, 20:45
Hi People,

Hope this finds you all well & in peace.
First thread here, please be easy!

I would like to state some of my thoughts here about what i have felt about us - our inner us. Hope that made some sense. Am sure it will once you are done with this post.

The most important aspect of our human body is our mind.
The most important aspect of our existence is our consciousness.
Consciousness is vastly defined & does not seem to have a straight explanation, but i guess we all have a picture of what it is...

it is a combination of our mind & our consciousness that gives us our characteristics, our identity. But is it as simple as that?

Imagine a geometric figure - 3 concentric circles.
This is probably the best way to describe US.

Here's how:

Outermost circle:
This is who we are to the outside world, general public.
This is how we like to project ourselves to everyone for them to 'identify' us.
The way we interact with people.
When someone thinks of us, there are certain images formed in their minds.
This is what they know us to be.
But is this image the real us?
Do we portray the real us to the external world?

The middle circle:
This is the part of our consciousness, where we somewhat know what we are, but that may not tally with the outer circle. So we suppress these real thoughts about us & continue with the propaganda of painting a prettier (or uglier) picture of ourselves.
A certain part of these characteristics are known to people who are really really close to us, to see us for what we are

The innermost circle:
This defines who we are. The true us.
What most of us do not even know. We have for so many years tried to be someone else, we have lost touch of ourselves.
But the voice of this innermost part of our consciousness is always alive, just unheard by us.
For example, if we have a real difficult decision to make, to choose between 2 options, if we are to flip a coin to decide what we want...
in the little time the coin is spinning, we have a little hope that this flips to a certain option amongst the two. THIS option is what the real us wants.

if the above is clear, i believe that we need to interchange these circles.
Or if possible to rid ourselves of the outermost circle, as for certain this has no reality to who we are.
If we can bridge the gap between the middle & the innermost circle, it will bring out the true us. It will show us for the beautiful spiritual entities that we really are.

Hope this made sense. Please let me know your input

Peace

bitworm
26th May 2011, 23:49
I have envisioned similar things, though I always wonder which circle intersects with someone else's, or everyone else's circle. The way I used to see it, there's one big circle that surrounds all other individual circles of everyone/everything. Now I see more the opposite, where everyone's outermost circles are 'freestanding,' and it is our innermost circles that intersect one another.

letmedanz
27th May 2011, 01:11
Yes. I believe this is where a fourth circle comes into the picture.
The ONE consciousness. For all humanity (or earth for that matter).
You will probably understand this better when we think of 'crowd mentality'
The entire group suddenly starts behaving similarly - either in a riot situation or even a nonchalant day at the office.
Probably the commercial name is work culture...

One way or other the very famous saying "Tell me who your friends are, i'll tell you who you are" is completely inline.
A group of friends would share the same consciousness at some level...

good point bitworm & thanks for your response :thumb:

Carmody
27th May 2011, 01:45
Off topic, but I think of it every time I see a thread titled like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH0DLGihtvc

Then I get stuck with this in my head....

Carmody
27th May 2011, 02:15
Yes. I believe this is where a fourth circle comes into the picture.
The ONE consciousness. For all humanity (or earth for that matter).
You will probably understand this better when we think of 'crowd mentality'
The entire group suddenly starts behaving similarly - either in a riot situation or even a nonchalant day at the office.
Probably the commercial name is work culture...

One way or other the very famous saying "Tell me who your friends are, i'll tell you who you are" is completely inline.
A group of friends would share the same consciousness at some level...

good point bitworm & thanks for your response :thumb:

The first thing I did when I came to the big city is I experimented with crowd mentality and psychic awareness. Yes, I used the masses of the (one given) city to conduct experiments in human psychology. At Age 20. I even played/toyed with the sexual predators at the bus station, as I arrived.