PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Billionaires!!!

thunder24
26th May 2011, 21:41
Calling all Billionaires!!!

Rocky Shorz Foundation for Life is challenging the world right now, to see who can build the best Vertical Farm and fisheries to feed the world...

These are two of the plans already created...

Whole Foods has just announced funding for local growers, anyone else interested in making a difference?

http://www.foodforthepoor.org/about/
http://www.verticalfarm.com/

peace

Rocky_Shorz
26th May 2011, 21:45
a tornado racing towards you and you are still thinking about changing the world...

my hat goes off to you my friend...

stay safe...

pyrangello
26th May 2011, 21:46
I own a full service welding shop, anything I can do to be of help, I'm there.

thunder24
26th May 2011, 21:50
Hey,
I'm a spiritual being haveing a physical experience, can't be stopped, and the world matters more than me alone. If we all can leave a better picture then we found, the world will be a better place.

Do you see this Billionaires, make the difference, you will be accepted with open arms.

peace

Rocky_Shorz
26th May 2011, 21:53
I've been playing around with some different ideas for the fish farm, it could be the answer to letting our oceans rebuild the fish populations.

Michigan is one of the states that would really benefit from growing through the winter...

imagine biting in to a big ol juicy orange right from the tree...

thunder24
26th May 2011, 21:55
With the Gulf oil spill and the polution of our oceans, Imagine, Huge Prawn Shrimp, growing in your back yard. Cleaner and bigger than you get in the restaurants now. On top of that growing rice. Together we will make the difference.

peace

pyrangello
26th May 2011, 22:06
Rocky, hey bud, I have artesian wells, and the wells north are even better, lots of abandoned fish ponds too where people stoped raising fish altogether. If your interested shoot me an email , have lots of ideas and places for suggestions

Positive Vibe Merchant
27th May 2011, 04:06
aquaponics

Rocky_Shorz
27th May 2011, 21:50
Rocky, hey bud, I have artesian wells, and the wells north are even better, lots of abandoned fish ponds too where people stoped raising fish altogether. If your interested shoot me an email , have lots of ideas and places for suggestions

I used to ski big Powderhorn every winter, when it snows up there everyone is buried...

what I would like to start are Universities on advanced growing techniques tied to these high rise farms...

the 3rd building in the set, will be a clean energy operation...

I don't care if it starts by turning Prius into Water Burning generation systems, 50 per floor, 100 floors can power the whole city...

a stand alone island so if disaster strikes, it is a gathering point for everyone in the area... Food, electricity, water...

Each building putting thousands to work...

yes a Billion dollar building would be great for gathering investors for black tie events, but I would rather see functionality and a way for it to pay for itself in 5-10 years for the communities to own them. Energy produced can pay for teachers and local government services...

now that is a contest...

thunder24
28th May 2011, 12:50
Edina posted this link in a gardening thread. I followed it, and think it applies here...
http://www.originalsonicbloom.com/background.htm

The sound (which is essentially a synthesized version of birdsong), causes the stomata or breathing holes under the leaves to open wider, thus allowing in more carbon dioxide and nutrients. Better results can be obtained by using the proprietary organic foliar nutrient spray that takes advantage of the open breathing holes to feed the plant more effectively.

During a drought in the Sudan, where Sonic Bloom was used, the treated plants grew productive plants at 130 degrees daytime temperatures with 2 inches of annual rainfall. Wherever Sonic Bloom wasn't used, the crops failed.

Mission Statement:

To provide more bountiful, more nutritious crops that can be grown in any kind of soil and under the most adverse conditions for the purpose of improving the life of people in emerging countries, particularly improving the mental acuity and increasing the ability to learn among the youth in those countries.

The Technology and ideas are out there to make this planet lush with vegetation and food for all. No need for population reduction, No need for food rations. Together we will succed; what a challenge that has been put forth.
peace

edina
28th May 2011, 16:55
Wow, this is a cool thread, I had no idea that this thread was about the development of highly effective food production systems.

Is there a way to rename this so people will know more about what this thread is truly about, it's an inspiring idea!!!!

I will mull this over and contribute more as I can.

Rocky_Shorz
29th May 2011, 18:43
there are a lot of incredible names that could have been used for this thread, but the plea is going out to those who really can make a difference.

at millions people are still trying to build a bigger pile, and are at the point of what's in it for me...

Billionaires have it all and are bored to the point taking on a humanitarian project like this is exactly what they are looking for.

Bill Gates and so many others have foundations ready to move on a project like this.

We need a way to get attention from all of them...

any ideas?

thunder24
29th May 2011, 18:58
Write an article, and put in in Fortune magazine,Forbes, etcc.... Create a video, youtubeish, and send a copy to all addresses we can get ahold of. If anyone on here has relationships with influential politicians, financial gurus, or even well know churches, pitch the idea, see how they could help spread the word and/or introduce people that they think might help. Its all about Networking.

See if Icke, A. Jones, RedIcecreations...(fill in the blank) would be willing to talk about it on there site and or give a certain allotement of time for a free web posting. If we had Harold Campings money we could billboard the idea across the globe.

Some body get in contact with oprah, joel osteen, heck we could talk to Whole foods and get them to advertise and/or contribute.

peace

Rocky_Shorz
29th May 2011, 19:31
We have plenty of writers here that know how to write for impact, do you think anyone would be willing to make a press release for humanity?

We could get it ready and then launch on twitter to every group we could find...

ktlight
29th May 2011, 19:45
Hi Rocly_Shortz.
First, you will to do a business plan to present to any interested party.

thunder24
29th May 2011, 20:39
Forbes is already talking bout it:

http://blogs.forbes.com/michaelnoer/2010/10/26/name-you-need-to-know-in-2011-urban-farming/

Urban Farming
By MICHAEL NOER

Personally I think Urban Farming is a concept that is going to get a lot of play next year. The idea is to farm in skyscrapers, located in cities. These plants would be grown in hydroponic or aeroponic (tres cool) manner and would utilize recycled “grey” water. Obviously there are some big benefits to this sort of farming — in particular reduced carbon emissions from transporting food-stuffs from distant fields and a secondary effect of allowing some farmland to return to a “natural” forest state, acting as a carbon sink. The hold-up is cost, especially real estate cost, and some untested engineering. Dickson Despommier, a longtime Columbia University professor who is the author of The Vertical Farm: Feeding the World in the 21st Century thinks the concept will be initially viable in rich, arid places like Dubai and Saudi Arabia.

king anthony
29th May 2011, 20:40
I do support such a noble concept; however, there are some realities, which cannot be dismissed, such as the following thoughts;

1) The billionaires are part of the very system, which has been imposed - why would they wish to give (real) aid. They made their empires (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mtXt9yyCLo)on the "blood" of how things are (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Vqqny_QJkg&feature=related)now.

2) This is relying on something someone else owns - and relying on someone else to rescue. They cannot and will not serve two masters - that of "misery for profit" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_K9Yxor0uU&feature=related) and that of aid for a how things should be.

3) Even as a sovereign, "the few" will do everything they can to prevent this - including direct and indirect sabotage (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GBTuUOZuSI).

4) If one is not (truly) sovereign then "the few" will tax the endeavor (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2aeLGW5opo), crippling the projects. If nothing else, "they" will make the resources difficult if not impossible to obtain.

5) The above said concept does not fit with the agenda of "those others" and "the few"; if so, then these things would already be. The Georgia Guidestones (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojyBTAuv8Uc&feature=related)speak loudly.
These are the reasons why free available (wireless) energy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dfj1O45qZ5U), such as Nikola Tesla (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_Tesla)had given humanity, is not reality for the masses - these things cannot have a "meter" put on it.

The overpopulation myth (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Emi1wf1q6os)has conditioned the masses to believe there is food, water and land scarcity; as well as issues with catastrophic harm to the planet caused by human beings - the reality is, the biosphere known as planet earth is well equipped to handle human beings. To think not, is not to give credit to those who created this "machine" known as planet earth.

I say, the first steps (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOIsJE8wzTw)must be taken before the topic of this thread can be entertained.

Do not be afraid to make commitment and sacrifice to make change for a better world - I say, have not the few" made their sacrifice to make things (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBPmxqo2x7w)the way they are!?

I say, this is more then just about individual sovereignty - this is about the sovereignty of the human species.

[Post Edit June 3 2011] Please note post # 33 (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?21429-Calling-all-Billionaires!!!&p=232931&viewfull=1#post232931)of this thread.

Rocky_Shorz
29th May 2011, 22:02
well I can't stop believing, there has to be at least one... with a heart...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_VyTCyizqrHs/SOMHQHV2H9I/AAAAAAAABag/zmrNsNCr_NQ/s400/verticalfarm3.jpg

Vertical farming/urban farming is a plan to grow produce in vertical, multi-story structures within urban areas to reduce the dependence on food grown and transported long distances.

Vertical farming will be using new versions of hydroponics and aquaponics. It will use about 100 times less water and provide over 5 times greater energy efficiency. The system can provide positive monetary returns within two years.

$122 million investment for 5 warehouses to grow spinach, broccoli, tomatoes, fish, head lettuce, leaf lettuce to feed the city of Chicago
$4.7 annual operating
$97.7 million annual revenue
link (http://nextbigfuture.com/2008/09/vertical-farming-details-and-updates.html)

Positive Vibe Merchant
30th May 2011, 01:26
I love the idea of vertical farms in the built up inner metropolis where there is no available land. But there are other options available now which can take up little space and generate great abundance. Aquaponics being one of them.

PVM

thunder24
30th May 2011, 01:34
I love the idea of vertical farms in the built up inner metropolis where there is no available land. But there are other options available now which can take up little space and generate great abundance. Aquaponics being one of them.

PVM

Hey PVM,
Could one not incorporate aquaponics in the verticle farm, just like the fish farm could be?
peace

Positive Vibe Merchant
30th May 2011, 01:41
of course thunder. though we have the land available now to do it. You could set one up in the corner of a yard if you like. Obviously depends on what your wanting to grow and how much space you have available.

I am seeing it of a perspective of us having the resources available now, as opposed to having to build up because we can't move out...

PVM

Cjay
30th May 2011, 03:49
there are a lot of incredible names that could have been used for this thread, but the plea is going out to those who really can make a difference.

Stop right there. Now slap yourself on the back of the head. ALL of us can make a difference. I know big projects require big investments but there is a lot that we can do for free. We should definitely do big urban food farm projects but we should do small projects too.

Vertical gardens are a great idea. Urban gardens of all kinds but especially the ones that produce food are a great idea. Imagine how much food could be grown if every apartment and every office had even a small garden. One major issue is that many people are lazy and/or they don't know how to grow food or what to grow and when to grow it. We need to put a lot of effort into educating people how to do basic food gardening in small spaces for dense urban areas and larger spaces such as suburban yards. It might sound like baby steps but every little bit helps.

I don't believe we are running out of space but we are rapidly degrading the agricultural land that we have because of our destructive and foolish farming practices. We must get away from single-species crops and away from the high inputs and destructiveness of ploughing, chemical fertillizers and pesticides. There is a lot we can do to decrease farming costs and increase productivity - and do it sustainably.

Cjay
30th May 2011, 04:13
We have plenty of writers here that know how to write for impact, do you think anyone would be willing to make a press release for humanity?

We could get it ready and then launch on twitter to every group we could find...

Great idea Rocky. Sounds like a think-tank project. In fact, it could be a very large blog project. I don't see it being a single launch but a long-term roll-out of bite-size nuggets of information that have been thorougly researched and discussed before publication.

Cjay
30th May 2011, 04:37
Great post Anthony. Thank you.

Being an optimist, I aim to acknowledge the negatives and focus on positives.

Not all billionaires are bad. I can think of two Australian billionaires who would probably be interested in contributing to and being proactive in projects such as large-scale vertical gardening, even if it is not profitable for them. With this in mind, I am starting a list that I hope people all over the world will add to. We can then invite all of them to participate.

BENEVOLENT BILLIONAIRES

Australia

Gerry Harvey (retail - Harvey Norman - and environmentally aware farmer)
Andrew "twiggy" Forrest (mining - Fortescue Metals)

thunder24
30th May 2011, 12:36

Stop right there. Now slap yourself on the back of the head. ALL of us can make a difference. I know big projects require big investments but there is a lot that we can do for free. We should definitely do big urban food farm projects but we should do small projects too.

Vertical gardens are a great idea. Urban gardens of all kinds but especially the ones that produce food are a great idea. Imagine how much food could be grown if every apartment and every office had even a small garden. One major issue is that many people are lazy and/or they don't know how to grow food or what to grow and when to grow it. We need to put a lot of effort into educating people how to do basic food gardening in small spaces for dense urban areas and larger spaces such as suburban yards. It might sound like baby steps but every little bit helps.

I don't believe we are running out of space but we are rapidly degrading the agricultural land that we have because of our destructive and foolish farming practices. We must get away from single-species crops and away from the high inputs and destructiveness of ploughing, chemical fertillizers and pesticides. There is a lot we can do to decrease farming costs and increase productivity - and do it sustainably.

NO HEAD SLAPPING. While these small urban gardens are a great idea, and small ones and office space ones are great, are they gonna make it through a nuclear fallout? No, they are not. Will they feed massive amounts of people in an emergency? No.

what I would like to start are Universities on advanced growing techniques tied to these high rise farms...

the 3rd building in the set, will be a clean energy operation...

I don't care if it starts by turning Prius into Water Burning generation systems, 50 per floor, 100 floors can power the whole city...

a stand alone island so if disaster strikes, it is a gathering point for everyone in the area... Food, electricity, water...

Each building putting thousands to work...

yes a Billion dollar building would be great for gathering investors for black tie events, but I would rather see functionality and a way for it to pay for itself in 5-10 years for the communities to own them. Energy produced can pay for teachers and local government services...

now that is a contest...

Self contained, community oriented, money produceing....I see these being a stepping stone for the future of the human race.
peace

toothpick
30th May 2011, 14:16
Man, what a beautiful thought.
Skyscrapers full of fresh food for the hungry masses, excellant.
There must be one avalonian billionaire out there.
Great posts everyone.

toothpick

Rocky_Shorz
30th May 2011, 17:24
well the 33 want to starve us through their games, I say we gather into a collective mass and roll with those willing to join us...

we aren't going down without a fight...

Oprah would be all over this, but I want to see Chinese step forward to feed their billions, Arab Kings looking to help the people, it benefits everyone...

These are going to be attached to universities to train people on advanced farming concepts, many who are on anti-depressants don't understand the healing quality of "growing"...

from there green buildings will start popping up all over, rooftop gardens...

thanks all of you for joining in this one...

Rocky_Shorz
30th May 2011, 17:42
and Thunder I like Cjay's spunk, I'm wearing teflon so no worries... ;)

the truth is all of us can make the difference in even the little things...

just talking about it, spreading the word is critical, but action is awesome, imagine next winter when pyrangello pops in to tell us how great his garden is going...

you know I am speaking to a world audience, so demand everyone's attention...

Sandra Bullock is another I would love to have join us...

imagine her standing in front of one saying, I did it...

Rocky_Shorz
30th May 2011, 17:59

Great idea Rocky. Sounds like a think-tank project. In fact, it could be a very large blog project. I don't see it being a single launch but a long-term roll-out of bite-size nuggets of information that have been thoroughly researched and discussed before publication.

I was offered a free MIT education to join a government think tank, I said no, but have always been around when needed, and right now we are forming a think tank right here...

which Universities have the best indoor growing programs?

QueenKat
31st May 2011, 01:47
I found this site:

Aquaponics—Integration of Hydroponics with Aquaculture (http://www.attra.org/attra-pub/aquaponic.html)

This is such a wonderful idea! I wish I could work on something like this!

Wouldn't it be great to have one or two of these within reach of all of the Section 8 Housing Units in America? It would help the lower-income families sooooo much!

sygh
31st May 2011, 02:12
With the Gulf oil spill and the polution of our oceans, Imagine, Huge Prawn Shrimp, growing in your back yard. Cleaner and bigger than you get in the restaurants now. On top of that growing rice. Together we will make the difference.

peace

Which exactly the very thing that could be done on the coast of NC. I think about this all of the time. And, instead of paying the government taxes, simply tithe a % of the shrimp back into the ocean.

thunder24
31st May 2011, 14:54
http://www.cte.k12tn.net/CTE_files/Aquaculture.htm
http://www.cte.k12tn.net/CTE_files/Aquaponics_Hydroponics.htm
http://www.cte.k12tn.net/CTE_files/Geothermal.htm
http://www.jchs.k12tn.net/Vocational/Agriculture/ag_aqua_hydroponics.htm

These are links from my high schools vocational school.
I did not take any of these classes because I was a different person with a different mind when I was in high school. I am thinking about sitting in and taking notes though sometime. Check the links out.
peace

king anthony
31st May 2011, 15:06
This thread as well as others is a good demonstration of the social conditioning and programming of the masses. No one here is free in mind or body - no one here has "woken up" for if one has then this discussion would not be as it is.

I come from my time of silence to make one of my final posts (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?21429-Calling-all-Billionaires!!!&p=231558&viewfull=1#post231558)in this forum before (soon) leaving. For clarity, this is not an attack on thunder24 - as I respect his noble intensions with this thread.

These ideas would be useful if there was truly an issue with the food supply. The reality is, there never has been nor is there now... and chances are, there never will be. Scarcity of food and water is an illusion - created by "the few" (the few being the "ruling class").

There is plenty of food and fresh water (aside from what has been deliberately contaminated close to populated areas). Food (and water) is not reaching some parts of the world because it is not making it there - there is plenty to go all around. I have gone a week or two without food during this time in my life - yet, I can sit in a parking lot and watch people walk out of a Burger King, donut shop or grocery store (nonstop) with too much food - just look into the trash bins.

I am not eating, not because there is not enough food, but the "invisible (artificial) enemy" (currency) is keeping it from me - really by choice as I could just go take it (and deal with the aftermath as it unfolds).

Ownership is a sociopathic trait - no one should own anything, no one does. Yes, everything belongs to everyone including the benefits of social creations.

Ask yourself these questions; is there truly a need for such projects? In building such, how would it affect "nature" overall; example, the pollution created in building and maintaining such endeavors - not to mention the disruption in the balance of nature. Moreover, who would be in control of what is produced - did we not see these things with hydroponic setups?

The problem with cities, it is an unnatural environment for human beings and all living things; so are the places where human beings slave 8, 10, 16 hours a day 7 days a week (example, offices and factories).

The basic programming of human beings is not to live on top of each other or even like sardines. Currency makes people live like this, in order to obtain it they gather and create cities (civilization). There is more then enough land for people to spread out - however, greed keeps people bunched up... look at what people do (for example) to chickens.

This is what has contributed largely to mental "illnesses" (aside from mainstream media programming and chemicals in the food supply). Constructing such buildings would simply perpetuate these things.

For a group of people that worry about the earth and nature (such as in this forum) - such construction is far from maintaining a balance.

I say, here is the point in simple; there is no scarcity - if I have a gallon of water and you have none, and I do not share... is there scarcity of water for you or is there my greed? The question has to be asked, why am I not giving you water... maybe I want something from you, maybe I like to see you suffer or maybe I do not think you are worthy to live because you are not me or the ones I care for... thus you are less human.

However, continue to do nothing to make real change, sit back in "your" chair, type words of comfort, and feel good about "yourselves" - for I say, this is all "you" have.

My respect to you thunder24.

Cjay
31st May 2011, 17:13
Anthony, you have made some valuable contributions to the Project Avalon Forum. Thank you. If you really leave the forum, you will be missed. Please consider instead taking a break, even a long break if you need it and return any time you feel you want say something.

I agree with you that both food and fresh potable water are abundant. The scarcity is artificial, either through design or neglect.

Ownership is a sociopathic trait - no one should own anything, no one does. Yes, everything belongs to everyone including the benefits of social creations.

The Australian Aborigines laugh at our notion of land ownership. They believe we all belong to the land. We are merely transient occupants and custodians. Ownership - of anything - is a selfish and greedy notion that we need to change.

Anthony, wherever you go, whatever you do, I wish you well. Peace.

NO HEAD SLAPPING. While these small urban gardens are a great idea, and small ones and office space ones are great, are they gonna make it through a nuclear fallout? No, they are not. Will they feed massive amounts of people in an emergency? No.

Dear thunder24, I did say I think vertical gardens are a great idea. My head slapping comment was purely to emphasise that it is not just the wealthy who can make a difference - we all can make a difference. However the cost of building, maintaing and operating vertical gardens would be a lot higher than improving the efficiencies of traditional farms. I don't know if anyone has done a detailed enough cost-benefit analysis. I say, let's do it and get some vertical gardens up and running.

I would like to add that anything that reduces the cost, pollution and congestion associated with transporting food into cities is a good thing. Vertical gardens will not feed huge numbers of people under any circumstances unless we have huge numbers of vertical gardens. No one solution will solve all associated problems.

In order for human existence on this or any other planet to be sustainable, we will need a multi-faceted solution and one of these will be for as many people as possible to become as self-sufficient as possible. The notion of centralised production and distribution of food, water and energy (and also banking, political power and many other things) are very old school and carry a very high risk of corruption. These are the very things that are causing so many problems all over the world and destroying the delicate balance of our Earth's environment - and these are the things we must dismantle and replace with better, smarter, sustainable ways of meeting our needs and desires.

PurpleLama
31st May 2011, 18:28
http://www.backyardfoodproduction.com/

the more people getting their hands dirty, the better!

Darla Ken Pearce
31st May 2011, 19:30
While there is a very small window of opportunity for Billionaires to contribute instead of sucking the life blood out from Mother Earth ~ those days are quickly drawing to a rapid close. Each day we come closer to full release of these old energies.

Many of you are still locked within 3D constructs that require old concepts and systems that are no longer valid, sustainable, or needed. You are talking about some of them here. Anything that is not based on creativity and freedom will fall away and be gone forever.

We need to think LARGER and more EXPANSIVE to go far beyond 3D considerations. All of them will vanish quickly as a thing of the past that goes quickly and without mourning. As quickly as prisoners forget when the doors of their prisons open and they breathe in freedom that erases all memory of past events and when those events trouble us no more. When they have lost all power to do so.

With new technologies that will be unveiled for us this very year, 2011, as well as most of the old problems have solutions that are easy, simple, and geared towards making each one of us self-sustaining on an individual basis and also on a collective basis, as well.

You may not have even dreamed of all that is possible but you need to be open to these new revelations, it's the most exciting time to witness them coming forward ~ I can promise you that much! Get aboard this train of transformation and think larger and more kindly towards all beings!

We need nothing more important than to stop thinking and giving power to the old POWERS THAT WERE for once and for all. Here you are arguing mote points that are not going to be translated into the New Golden Age at all. They will simply drop away. Those who have piled up treasures from the theft of resources belonging to all the people, and came from Mother Earth to be shared equally ~ will not be rewarded further than has taken place already here. They will continue their journey somewhere where they will cause no more harm.

Time is extremely short for new appraisals and changes of heart for the Royals and billionaire clubs and mentality. It has been the huge pink elephant in the room and is now leaving us in peace and well being for once. Adios Amigos! Moving on quickly...

For instance, what need is there for high rise concrete buildings at all? What an eyesore even from satellites! And creating jobs for millions of new slaves to some new concrete jungle? I think not!

As Earth ascends and is restored to her former paradisical glory, these 3D constructs will vanish and be transformed overnight and we will, too, along with them if our hearts can ask, allow, and accept these great changes that are upon us all now. Think crystal temples and cities and flowering gardens and harmony throughout all kingdoms with Heaven coming to Earth and Earth restored to Heaven.

Why not say goodbye to all 3D duality constructs now? I see time after time the belaboring of these old ideas and negative slave type devices all over the Avalon forums without seeming to notice you're still in that old trap of thinking circularly ~ endlessly with your ideas barely able to escape the old prisons of thought. When negativity is allowed free reain ~ No bars are required ~ we've created them out of the whole cloth ourselves and we must realize our part in this whole negative scenario if we are ever able to change it. And change it we must!

Your ideas are great and endearing to us all. Yet, there is a much better way forth now. It is by stepping into our own light and higher power and letting go the old ways and systems that have wrought such suffering and pain throughout the world. It's time for healing and becoming all that we were prior to these experiences on Earth.

One underlying code is that we are to harm no being! Including fish, or anything else that creeps or crawl on the Earth. Create what you need instead with a magic crystal that harms no being at all. It can be done and will be done and you will witness all this taking place.

What is needed more than anything else is this new standard, harm no being to be held uppermost in our hearts and minds. Else all will fail no matter how thrilling or enlightening it may sound.

We are completing what we came to do and that is to ascend and go beyond these old constructs of duality and black and white and horrible enslavements, control, power and greed ~ so we could know and appreciate freedom and sovereignty as never before possible.

It's the contrasts that will help us create a far kinder and more loving environment but you need to get out of 3D for once and all and go beyond it and quickly now. The old limitations and barriers have been removed and we have been invited to become Galactic citizens as never before experienced. The way is clear before us to create something entirely brand new now.

Let us consider these new thoughts and go forward in unconditional love now into a future that is brighter than you could possible imagine and we need to start imagining for real ~ what that may look like so that we are able to bring it into being.

Go forth now with new resolve and create again something grander than your wildest imagination! All things are possible and the universe stands ready to provide all that is needed to bring it about in the light of love. We are blessed! Forget the billionaires as they will have their hands full now making full restitution. The eclipses will see to that shortly. And so it is...xoxoxox

Rocky_Shorz
31st May 2011, 19:32
I found this site:

Aquaponics—Integration of Hydroponics with Aquaculture (http://www.attra.org/attra-pub/aquaponic.html)

This is such a wonderful idea! I wish I could work on something like this!

Wouldn't it be great to have one or two of these within reach of all of the Section 8 Housing Units in America? It would help the lower-income families sooooo much!

imagine not just being close, but a place for unemployed to get back to work to get off section 8...

you know Darla, no matter how hard I try, I can't figure out how to take 3 fish and feed a community of a million people. So until we can all figure out how to squeeze a crystal for orange juice, we need to move forward with changes we can make happen today.

King Anthony, sounds like it is time for whatever is blocking you from money, to be removed...

time for us to create money falling from the sky for you to collect...

no silver dollars, we'd hate to knock you out with what you've been waiting for... ;)

thunder24
31st May 2011, 23:31
no worries Cjay

Rocky_Shorz
1st June 2011, 00:31
we aren't the only ones that see what is coming...

Rising food prices are tightening the squeeze on populations already struggling to buy adequate food, demanding radical reform of the global food system, Oxfam has warned.

By 2030, the average cost of key crops could increase by between 120% and 180%, the charity forecasts.

It is the acceleration of a trend which has already seen food prices double in the last 20 years.

Half of the rise to come will be caused by climate change, Oxfam predicts.

It calls on world leaders to improve regulation of food markets and invest in a global climate fund.

"The food system must be overhauled if we are to overcome the increasingly pressing challenges of climate change, spiralling food prices and the scarcity of land, water and energy," said Barbara Stocking, Oxfam's chief executive... link (http://article.wn.com/view/2011/05/31/Food_prices_will_double_by_2030_Oxfam_warns/)

The report highlights four "food insecurity hotspots", areas which are already struggling to feed their citizens:

Guatemala, where 865,000 people are said to be at risk of food insecurity because of a lack of state investment in smallholder farmers who are highly dependent on imported food
India, where people spend more than twice the proportion of their income on food than UK residents
Azerbaijan, where wheat production fell 33% last year because of poor weather, forcing the country to import grains from Russia and Kazakhstan; food prices were 20% higher in December 2010 than the same month in 2009
East Africa, where eight million people currently face chronic food shortages because of drought, with women and children among the hardest hit

Among the many factors continuing to drive rising food prices in the coming decades, Oxfam predicts that climate change will have the most serious impact.

Ahead of the UN climate summit in South Africa in December, it calls on world leaders to launch a global climate fund, "so that people can protect themselves from the impacts of climate change and are better equipped to grow the food they need".

The World Bank has also warned that rising food prices are pushing millions of people into extreme poverty.

In April, it said food prices were 36% above levels of a year ago, driven by problems in the Middle East and North Africa.
'Minority profiting'

In its report, Oxfam says a "broken" food system causes "hunger, along with obesity, obscene waste, and appalling environmental degradation".

It says "power above all determines who eats and who does not", and says the present system was "constructed by and on behalf of a tiny minority - its primary purpose to deliver profit for them"...

Oxfam wants nations to agree new rules to govern food markets, to ensure the poor do not go hungry.

It said world leaders must:

increase transparency in commodities markets and regulate futures markets
scale up food reserves
end policies promoting biofuels
invest in smallholder farmers, especially women

"We are sleepwalking towards an avoidable age of crisis," said Ms Stocking. "One in seven people on the planet go hungry every day despite the fact that the world is capable of feeding everyone."...

We need to ad Oxfam to the list...

Maia Gabrial
1st June 2011, 01:49
Hey All,
If I had that kind of money, I'd help as many people as I could. Afterall, how many mansions, yachts and cars would I need for myself?
Also, I'm of the believe that money DOESN'T make the person. Empathy and charity do....
Maia

thunder24
1st June 2011, 02:45
check out freemans donation counter and what it is for at the top of page:

http://freemantv.whynotnews.eu/2010/03/the-freeman-radio-zone/

Cjay
1st June 2011, 16:23
There is another thread "Vertical Farming", here:
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?12594-Vertical-Farming&highlight=vertical+gardens

I propose the two threads be merged. What say you, moderators?

Cjay
1st June 2011, 16:31
Hey All,
If I had that kind of money, I'd help as many people as I could. Afterall, how many mansions, yachts and cars would I need for myself?
Also, I'm of the believe that money DOESN'T make the person. Empathy and charity do....
Maia

And that, Maia, is precisely why I named Andrew Forrest and Gerry Harvey in my list of benevolent billionaires
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?21429-Calling-all-Billionaires%21%21%21&p=231822&viewfull=1#post231822
which no one has added any names to. Maybe that's because the whole concept of money is soon to become redundant.

thunder24
1st June 2011, 21:26
List of potential benevolents:
Austrailia
Andrew Forrest
Gerry Harvey
United States
Oprah
Sandra Bullock
Corporations
Whole Foods
Oxfam

Please add more
peace

Rocky_Shorz
2nd June 2011, 00:11
I'm sure it is just coincidence, but Oprah is following 33 people on twitter... ;)

Cjay
2nd June 2011, 09:16
List of potential benevolents:

Australia
Andrew Forrest
Gerry Harvey
Auscharity - a list of charities in Australia http://www.auscharity.org/

Canada
Sarah McLachlan
Canada Revenue Agency - Charity Listings http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/chrts-gvng/lstngs/menu-eng.html

United Kingdom
Oxfam
The Body Shop Foundation
Charity Commission UK (list) http://www.charity-commission.gov.uk/

United States
Oprah
Sandra Bullock
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
The 200 Largest U.S. Charities (as of 2005) http://www.forbes.com/2005/11/18/largest-charities-ratings_05charities_land.html
All registered charities in USA http://www.irs.gov/charities/article/0,,id=96136,00.html

Corporations
Whole Foods

Please add more
peace

Cjay
2nd June 2011, 18:21
Brilliant thinking from a truly outstanding benevolent woman - Sarah McLachlan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDmPcSWE0WU

Rocky_Shorz
3rd June 2011, 02:02
this sounds bad...

Deadly E. coli mixes common toxin with rare "glue"

(Reuters) - Scientists probing the deadly E. coli strain in Europe are finding the bacteria combines a highly poisonous, but common, toxin with a rarely seen "glue" that binds it to a patient's intestines.

It may take months for the global team of researchers to fully understand the characteristics of the bacteria that has killed at least 17 people in Europe and sickened 1,500. But they fear this E. coli strain is the most toxic yet to hit a human population.

Most Escherichia coli or E. coli bacteria are harmless. The strain that is sickening people in Germany and other parts of Europe, known as 0104:H4, is part of a class of bacteria known as Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli, or STEC.

This class has the ability to stick to intestinal walls where it pumps out toxins, causing diarrhea and vomiting. In severe cases, it causes hemolytic uremic syndrome or HUS, attacking the kidneys and causing coma, seizure and stroke... link (http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/02/us-ecoli-strain-idUSTRE7517MT20110602)

¤=[Post Update]=¤

now is everyone starting to understand why it is important to get started on vertical farming?

now all European food is going to quarantined, it is in Milk already passed through grains grass etc...

the News just announced Russia just banned all fresh foods from the affected areas, next livestock...

king anthony
3rd June 2011, 02:46
...now is everyone starting to understand why it is important to get started on vertical farming?

I say, "no I don't (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?21429-Calling-all-Billionaires!!!&p=231558&viewfull=1#post231558)".

Cjay
3rd June 2011, 03:36
Before we get deleriously intoxicated with the idea of large scale vertical farming, we ought to look at some sobering realities.

While I think vertical farming has some merits, please consider the following:

The three WTC buildings (twin towers and building 7) that were demolished on 9/11 had a total floor space of nearly 10 million square feet. Apologies to some Americans who struggle with metric - the math is much simpler using metric.

10 square feet = approx. 1 square metre
10 million square feet = approx. 1 million square metres = approx. 100 hectares = approx. 247 acres.

Now some figures from the CIA World Factbook website:

USA total land area = 9,161,966 sq km
USA arable land = 18.01% = 1,650,070 sq km
USA permanent crops = 0.21% = 19,240 sq km = 1,924,000 hectares = 4,752,280 acres

Let's say we want to replace 1% of just the permanent crops in USA with vertical farming. Of course, this does not take into account the annual/seasonal crops that need to be replanted every year... but bear with me for a moment.

1% of the permanent crops would equate to approximately 47,523 acres.

If we divide that 47,523 acres by 247, the approximate total floor space of the three WTC buildings that were demolished on 9/11, we get a total of 192. So we would need 192 sets of 3 WTC buildings.

Estimates of the cost of replacing those three WTC buildings range between $10 billion and $30 billion. If we want to build 192 groups of 3 buildings, the cost would range from 1.9 to 5.8 TRILLION DOLLARS. (Would you trust Haliburton with that money?) Regardless of who got the contracts to build them, it is a mind-bogglingly huge sum of money. And we haven't even begun to discuss the space required for 1% of the "annual" crops.

Obviously, the costs are so astronomically huge that it is simply not viable to do it. Imagine if just a small fraction of that money was spent on EDUCATION, RESEARCH and REAL CHANGE to reduce the costs and environmental destruction of common farming practices and INCREASE PRODUCTIVITY.

The BEST kind of vertical farming is called a Food Forest which is based on the human-enhanced NATURAL systems called PERMACULTURE.

Permaculture is a SIMPLE, extremely low-cost, low-input, low-effort and very highly productive SUSTAINABLE method of farming. Once established, it requires virtually no fertilizer and no pesticide. There are examples in the world of man-made food forests that are 2,000 years old and still very highly productive. There are MANY examples of community Permaculture gardens and food forests in urban environments - and they do not require any expensive infrastructure.

To paraphrase Bill Mollison - one of the co-originators of the modern Permaculture concept - "the only danger of this system is falling food".

For a quick introduction, please read (at least) these two posts, including embedded links and watch the videos.

BIOCHAR http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?2050-Gardening-organics-sustainable-gardening-food-crops-etc&p=187057&viewfull=1#post187057

PERMACULTURE http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?2050-Gardening-organics-sustainable-gardening-food-crops-etc&p=187963&viewfull=1#post187963

...and this thread on Food Foresting http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?21565-Food-Foresting

A simple scientific study in Brazil showed that adding BIOCHAR to the very poor clay soil in the Amazon Basin can improve productivity by more than 800% and dramatically reduce the need for fertilizer. Hundreds of similar studies have followed since then in many different countries, soil types and climates.

I really urge you to read the posts listed above and then do your own research.

I have personally used various combinations of these SIMPLE techniques in seven different locations and all have been outstandingly successful.

Rocky_Shorz
3rd June 2011, 16:34
well I'm talking vertical, but not a monument, 10-15 stories but spread out big enough to fill a whole city block...

I'm talking about buildings standing vacant that can be put to use now...

yes building from the ground up is necessary for the water farms, but for crops needed locally like green leaf veggies so they are protected from fallout/disease existing buildings are perfect.

Why do we need 1,000 banks in a city?

Cjay
9th June 2011, 14:59
well I'm talking vertical, but not a monument, 10-15 stories but spread out big enough to fill a whole city block...

I'm talking about buildings standing vacant that can be put to use now...

yes building from the ground up is necessary for the water farms, but for crops needed locally like green leaf veggies so they are protected from fallout/disease existing buildings are perfect.

Ok, if well-managed, that might feed a few thousand people.

Why do we need 1,000 banks in a city?

Are you talking about a city of 100,000 people? 500,000 people? 3 million people? 30 million people?

Rocky_Shorz
9th June 2011, 18:06
we have more banks than Taco shops and are right on the border... ;)

Cjay
10th June 2011, 02:11
we have more banks than Taco shops and are right on the border... ;)

There's a lot of cash changing hands in all those cross-border drug transactions...

These are mostly $100 USD bills, seized in a bust (click picture to enlarge)

Cjay
10th June 2011, 02:12
I found a post in another thread with several videos about vertical gardening:
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?21565-Food-Foresting&p=234761&viewfull=1#post234761

Rocky_Shorz
10th June 2011, 19:34
(Reuters) - Charlie Bragg gazes across his lush fields where fat lambs are grazing, his reservoirs filled with water, and issues a sigh of relief. Things are normal this year and that's a bit unusual of late.

His 7,000-acre farm near the Australian town of Cootamundra is testament to the plight facing farmers around the globe: increasingly wilder weather is making food production more unpredictable. It's the new normal they must prepare for.

Bragg's farm in New South Wales state has been in the family for generations and has weather records for the area stretching back 110 years. After seven years of costly drought, the weather switched last year to unseasonably wet with flooding rains.

"It's screaming to me that things are getting hotter and drier at different times of the year," said the 40-year-old Bragg during a recent visit to his property, about two hours drive to the west of Canberra, the Australian capital.

"Our summers are getting wetter and if this trend continues, then we will have to find different means of farming," he said.

Across the globe, rising temperatures and more intense droughts, floods and storms are forcing a rethink in how to grow food, from breeding hardier crop varieties and changing planting times to complete genetic overhauls of plants... link (http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/10/us-climate-crops-idUSTRE7590I320110610)

listen to the farmers, they know the truths about weather changes...

ulli
10th June 2011, 20:00
Our summers are getting wetter and if this trend continues, then we will have to find different means of farming," he said.

Across the globe, rising temperatures and more intense droughts, floods and storms are forcing a rethink in how to grow food, from breeding hardier crop varieties and changing planting times to complete genetic overhauls of plants...

This is exactly what it's all about.
Masses of people are manifesting weather conditions that force innovative responses out in the open.
Why?
Because according to Wade Frazier innvators and inventions have been suppressed by "them".

Think hard about this one....

ulli
10th June 2011, 20:03
One more...these changes don't need to be financed by billionaires....

A lot of the baby boomer generation are coming into their parents inheritance as they are leaving the planet.

They just need to be given alternative ideas what to do with their money other than put it into Wall Street

Rocky_Shorz
10th June 2011, 20:38
with what they lost in the first few hours today would have built them in over 100 locations...

the only country that has started moving forward with State banking... is Iran... cough cough...

next they will be showing off the vertical farms, at least someone is listening... ;)

ulli
10th June 2011, 20:49
I'm gonna show some of those pictures of window farms being done in poor neighborhoods...with little investment.
If I may just voice one worry that is bugging me:
as more people lose their jobs and subsequently their homes...what will happen then?
Hopefully they will be taken in by relatives...
But if the job market deteriorates further the PTB will have no trouble finding employess for their world police force..

So our real job is to prepare a community base strong enough
that will take care of the jobless and homeless to prevent them
from joining the ranks of the elite's henchmen just so they can survive.

This won't be an easy task...
Food and shelter first...then organization at community level.
Then ethics teachings so no one can by corrupted by those in power...

Cjay
11th June 2011, 07:20
I'm gonna show some of those pictures of window farms being done in poor neighborhoods...with little investment.
If I may just voice one worry that is bugging me:
as more people lose their jobs and subsequently their homes...what will happen then?
Hopefully they will be taken in by relatives...
But if the job market deteriorates further the PTB will have no trouble finding employess for their world police force..

So our real job is to prepare a community base strong enough
that will take care of the jobless and homeless to prevent them
from joining the ranks of the elite's henchmen just so they can survive.

This won't be an easy task...
Food and shelter first...then organization at community level.
Then ethics teachings so no one can by corrupted by those in power...

Our grandparents survived the Great Depression. We can survive the next one. We will be more comfortable if we grow our own food.

Rocky_Shorz
13th July 2011, 21:59
Lost Soul found another good video to add

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV9CCxdkOng

Rocky_Shorz
20th July 2011, 16:31
I'm surprised none have come forward yet on this idea...

do you know what happens when you use Natural Gas and Hydrogen to turn a turbine?

for starters, let's double gas millage in our vehicles...

link (http://www.simplewaterfuel.com/nobg.html?hop=hh0gas)

http://www.simplewaterfuel.com/img/mainfold.jpg

http://www.simplewaterfuel.com/img/electrical.jpg

Now imagine building the power plants and energy produced paying for schools and public services.

This is the future, so start reading now...

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=7353

there...

a million Prius on the road in America...

the engine needs redesigning to handle water without rusting but everything else is ready...

if you lift the weight off the front of the car so just the wheels are turning it creates power in glide.

Toyota could make a great commercial, show a nuke plant going offline and a Prius pulling up, someone hopping out and dragging an extension cord over to the plant and powering it up... ;)

Rocky_Shorz
21st July 2011, 19:26
who says it can't become a black tie event... ;)

Michelle Obama to Help with Greenhouse on ‘Extreme Makeover: Home Edition’... link (http://www.ecorazzi.com/2011/07/20/michelle-obama-to-help-with-greenhouse-on-extreme-makeover-home-edition/)

ulli
21st July 2011, 19:38
soon we'll all be Bit-coin billionaires.
Watch this video and tell me whatcha think

http://www.forbiddenknowledgetv.com/videos/money/bitcoin--the-end-of-state-controlled-money.html

thunder24
24th July 2011, 17:15
Apparently things are moving forward.
http://www.spiegel.de/fotostrecke/fotostrecke-70665.html

Verticle Farms are here. Why wait to jump on the band wagon. Calling all Billionaire Farmers, This is your chance to make a mark for agriculture deep in the cities, helping hungry eat.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist/0,1518,775754,00.html
peace

thunder24
25th July 2011, 21:06
In California, an acre of lettuce sucks up between 1800 and 3500 cubic meters of water; the Skyfarm consumes 14.4 cubic meters, 1/240th as much. That is a very compelling reason to sit up and notice vertical farming.

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2011/07/lettuce-look-at-a-working-vertical-farm-korea.php?campaign=th_rss

check out this website, wow
$109.5 million to get it up and running

peace

Lancelot
26th July 2011, 01:02
Im no billionaire but resonate with what you're doing here.

Fish farms with hydroponic plants growing in the water at the same does seem like a winning solution to me!

Rocky_Shorz
26th July 2011, 02:44
well since the government is rolling towards a default, maybe we should pull the state bank thread back up too and make a list of all the optional money already being used...

Rocky_Shorz
26th July 2011, 02:47
imagine if every Christian Muslim and Jew pulled their money out of the financial system and markets on the same day and moved across to state bank offering a fair interest rate 3 times what Fed regulated bankers are offering...

WhiteFeather
26th July 2011, 03:54
a tornado racing towards you and you are still thinking about changing the world...

my hat goes off to you my friend...

stay safe...

Ditto! Awesome Thunder, just awesome.

WhiteFeather
26th July 2011, 04:04
Everything we need to run a well maintained and balanced clean Earth.....fossil fuel free, pollution free, free energy, breakthrough in medicine through hollistics is at the tip of our fingers. We will find it, this im sure of. What we think we will become. All heaven is gonna break loose. We are on the verge, i can just smell it. Ahhhh the sweet smell of success.

http://www.thevenusproject.com

Draco
26th July 2011, 05:37
We could of had all this ages ago we are now only touching on the wonders that the ancients had , so much lost knowledge , These billion air business man only see ways to make money out of everything, grabbing up all the ancient ways and new inventions only to release them in trickles to the public for a price. The powers to be interview points out when you reach a certain amount of money you will approached by the TPTB and steered along their path unknowingly or knowingly , but i hope these invention do get off the ground soon no pun intended , keep up the good work and hopeful i will get to see such thing s

Rocky_Shorz
26th July 2011, 06:37
Emergency food centres in drought-stricken areas across Eastern Africa are being overwhelmed by thousands of starving people. The World Food Programme's executive director Josette Sheeran says mothers are even being forced to abandon their dead or dying children by the roadside. She says a deadly combination of the natural disaster and regional conflict has created a critical situation with more than 12 million people starving...link... (http://allafrica.com/stories/201107260062.html?utm_campaign=DTN+Libya+Unrest:&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

as for urgency, 12 MILLION, 12,000,000 are starving... just in this region...

what is the total for all the starving in Africa?

Rocky_Shorz
2nd August 2011, 16:11
This made me smile...

Gone fishin’—piloting community supported fisheries at Google 7/29/11 | 9:44:00 AM

link... (http://googlegreenblog.blogspot.com/2011/07/gone-fishinpiloting-community-supported.html)

Rocky_Shorz
2nd August 2011, 20:43
any good grant writers here that are up for a project?

Vertical Farm Funding... (http://www07.grants.gov/search/search.do?&mode=VIEW&oppId=72814)

Rocky_Shorz
3rd August 2011, 16:38
On farms no larger than plots for modest grocery stores, Allen’s nonprofit organization produces vegetables, herbs, fish, chickens, turkeys, ducks, rabbits, goats and bees. He’s also developing plans for farms in five-story buildings, going vertical in his pursuit of more food production from less land.

Food often travels more than 1,000 miles before it gets to your plate, not only losing nutritional value but wasting precious fossil fuel along the way. What if farms could be closer?

Last year, Michelle Obama brought Allen to the White House as she unveiled her anti-obesity campaign, and Time magazine named him one of the world’s most influential people. He’s also won several awards with big bucks attached, including a “Genius Grant” from the MacArthur Foundation... link (http://www.marketwatch.com/story/a-ground-up-approach-to-fixing-the-economy-2011-08-03)

In 1993, he bought a financially distressed nursery near a drug-peddler-infested housing project in Milwaukee and started getting neighborhood kids involved in creating soil and growing food...

proof it works...

Rocky_Shorz
3rd August 2011, 17:02
using sponges instead of soil...

link (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/03/dining/hydroponic-produce-gains-fans-and-flavor.html?_r=1)

thunder24
10th August 2011, 21:03
http://www.cityfarmer.info/2011/03/31/cnn-a-farm-on-every-rooftop/

CNN is giving exposure

peace

Kindling
22nd September 2011, 04:27
Awesome thread Thunder!!

thunder24
2nd August 2013, 03:38
http://edition.cnn.com/2012/12/09/business/eco-singapore-vertical-farm

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/05/07/vertical-indoor-farms-are-growing-in-the-u-s.html

On average, food travels 1,500 miles to get from distant fields to the typical dinner table. In colder weather, that number can rise drastically, when stores have to fly produce like blueberries and tomatoes in from tropical locales like Mexico and Peru.

f_h48yQagsU
i don't like the idea of the robotics doing the planting
takes away from the naturalness even more then doing it inside....lol

ulli
2nd August 2013, 09:05
I had forgotten about this thread. It is two years old now.
I wonder how much progress has been made since then. ..
If I were a billionaire I would give part-time jobs to all the unemployed youth around here, but with full time pay.

The afternoons they would spend in computer-style classrooms, learning skills of their choice.

I'd also create an agency that then offers the services these kids have learnt....
whether it is furniture restoration, computer clean-up, gardening, car repair.

Every evening would be social, with a brief wake-up talk followed by lemonade and cookies, and music.

ulli
2nd August 2013, 09:14
Here is a construction project worth doing. Give every building a green roof.

"Green roofs such as sod roofs in Northern Europe have been around for centuries, and are gaining popularity now for several reasons.

In Chicago, the city passed codes offering incentives to builders who put green roofs on buildings. Almost 10% of German roofs have been greened already!

Studies show these roofs can significantly lower the temperature in urban areas and reduces storm water run off, as well as contributing aesthetic value and cleaner air.

For individuals, of the most important benefits of green roofs are that cooling and heating costs are significantly reduced.

This video offers a simple set of guidelines for how to go about building a green roof.

You only need 4 inches of soil, a moisture barrier and an idea of how to select the right plants.

Surprise! They are quite low maintenance and need no watering.

--Bibi Farber

- See more at:
http://www.nextworldtv.com/videos/shelter/how-to-create-a-low-maintenance-green-roof-.html#sthash.F4fU6YeI.dpuf

araucaria
2nd August 2013, 09:18
Billionaires and money generally are going out of fashion. What they are doing is soaking the stuff out of the system, and while it's all heading for their bank vaults, the rest of are trying to get on with the real business of what comes next.

ulli
2nd August 2013, 09:24
Billionaires and money generally are going out of fashion. What they are doing is soaking the stuff out of the system, and while it's all heading for their bank vaults, the rest of are trying to get on with the real business of what comes next.

Just last night they were interviewing the head of the Central Bank of Costa Rica...main TV news.
The banks here are finally bringing the money out of the vaults, with low interest loans.
Too many construction jobs had been lost because of lack of financing.
They want to change all of that...major stimulus.

By the way, the majority of banks here in Costa Rica are still government owned.

araucaria
2nd August 2013, 09:55

Just last night they were interviewing the head of the Central Bank of Costa Rica...main TV news.
The banks here are finally bringing the money out of the vaults, with low interest loans.

By the way, the majority of banks here in Costa Rica are still government owned.
Sure, there are still things to be done with money while I'm getting ahead of myself :)

Here in Europe, there seems to be some little progress being made with lifting the secrecy of Swiss bank accounts with the help of the Swiss authorities. In France, offshore accounts scandals have been hitting the headlines for a while, especially since the minister responsible for fighting tax fraud was pulled up for personal tax fraud.

I think the worldwide figure for offshore accounts was conservatively estimated at 20 trillion, so even a tiny fraction of that would go a long way.

ulli
2nd August 2013, 10:10

Sure, there are still things to be done with money while I'm getting ahead of myself :)

Here in Europe, there seems to be some little progress being made with lifting the secrecy of Swiss bank accounts with the help of the Swiss authorities. In France, offshore accounts scandals have been hitting the headlines for a while, especially since the minister responsible for fighting tax fraud was pulled up for personal tax fraud.

I think the worldwide figure for offshore accounts was conservatively estimated at 20 trillion, so even a tiny fraction of that would go a long way.

Good start. Swiss Banks are like Swiss watches...a status symbol for the rich.
If the world would rid itself of them, a lot of incentive to hoard one's wealth would dissipate.
The plotting that goes on in Old Boys' clubs, or on the world's golf courses,
also is hardly about fairer distribution of wealth, or what might benefit the starving masses.
But perhaps the younger generation who inherit these fortunes will grow up with different ideas.

araucaria
2nd August 2013, 11:37

Good start. Swiss Banks are like Swiss watches...a status symbol for the rich.
If the world would rid itself of them, a lot of incentive to hoard one's wealth would dissipate.
The plotting that goes on in Old Boys' clubs, or on the world's golf courses,
also is hardly about fairer distribution of wealth, or what might benefit the starving masses.
But perhaps the younger generation who inherit these fortunes will grow up with different ideas.

The big bankers have always been associated with philanthropy, whether to put up a smokescreen or keep the womenfolk busy, possibly both. I have no problem with this, as long as they personally keep well out of it. Otherwise you end up with Bill Gates type foundations: not a good idea.

The art historian Aby Warburg at the age of 13 sold his birthright to the banking business to his younger brother on condition he would buy him all the books he wanted. He made sure the Warburg Library as it became was as large and expensive as possible – that much less to be spent on such things as financing Hitler. A male approach to philanthropy perhaps, but an effective one for siphoning off funds.

thunder24
2nd August 2013, 11:53
while I agree, looking back, that now we probably aren't going to have a benevolent billionaire, I still hold out for hope... heres the thing:

all the info on this thread, is already here, so wethere a man or woman of money came forward to help, to me is irrelevant at this stage... its the science and ideas presented that can b scaled up or down, to fit the indivuduals need, if they have the motivation to do something similar.

It also serves as a reminder to those with, that there are great projects out there, that will help those without... if those with were already being pushed to help...

and lastly, I personally love to grow food, so, glad that i remembered this thread...

peace

thunder24
4th August 2013, 11:19
Morning song shared this in another thread, but it fits here also with the ideas aspect...

feed the world

peace

post edit,,,,,,, heres the link duh huh.....

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?62000-The-Farmery-Innovative-Agriculture

Another1
4th August 2013, 11:46
It's almost comical to me to see the contrast. All these folks sitting on $billions that they can not possibly use up in their lifetime while local schools here have bake sales to help the teachers get supplies for their classrooms. Local fire departments hold chili cook-offs to buy gear, while goobers in ivory towers have contests over who can spend the most on a night out for dinner.

A new friend reminds me that I am not supposed to judge. They are correct of course but I don't know how to address the subject without wanting do something more than just sigh and say, "that's just the way it is."
Got to get way up on a cloud to call it comical as in my opening here.

Projects like these could spring up all over the place if someone with a heart like the OP were to win one of them mega lottos *s

MorningSong
4th August 2013, 12:13
Heres the link to the thread Thunder24 refers to.

The Farmery! NCState grad who is really getting it done.... innovative argiculture using verticle gardening, hydo and acquaponics. Go get 'em, guys!

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?62000-The-Farmery-Innovative-Agriculture

thunder24
4th August 2013, 13:52
wow, you can tell how asleep I was when I saw your post....didn't even link....lol duh huh!!!

peace

Delight
4th August 2013, 16:08
This is a great thread and thanks to MorningSONG for the Farmery.

Lookie here is something to add that I love dearly....machine that converts plastic to oil

qGGabrorRS8[/YOUTUBE]

spiritwind
4th August 2013, 17:10
I have not read everything on aquaponics and I am far from an expert on it; to the contrary, I know almost nothing at all. But I am on fire with this idea. My husband is very skilled at designing things and then making them work. My grandfather raised fish in large ponds when I was a kid and I definitely know how to keep fish alive in a contained environment. I have not done hydroponic growing yet so we both have a lot to learn. But, we plan to design it in such a way that it is completely self contained using probably mostly solar energy. We'll probably automate it with timers too. No weeds to pull, no getting on my hands and knees. Sorry, but we're both getting older and that part of gardening just isn't that appealing anymore.

The reason I’m posting this though is because I think this is an idea whose time has come. We just called on a 55 gallon tank on Craig's list yesterday and the young man who answered the phone didn’t know the word “aquaponics” but, as I was talking, it turns out he is already doing it! He just didn’t call it that, and I bet he is just one of many.

You can scrape together other peoples junk to make this work. It is totally organic and you can even grow food to feed your fish and other animals so you know exactly what they are getting. No chemicals, no fertilizers or pesticides. No GMO’S anywhere in the food chain if you do it right. We are going to see what this young man has going today and I know there is someone else in the area growing tilapia and providing it to some local restaurants. We’re hoping to set up a meeting with him in the near future. We are up in the Inland Pacific NW so it gets very cold here in the winter and that is an issue to work out, keep cost effective and so on. It solves the problem with having enough water to have a garden in places where that is an issue, which I believe is going to become huge in the future. And, if you grow vertically you can solve the problem of not having enough room. Our plan is to just get going with whatever we can get fairly inexpensively, in some cases free, and figure out how best to make it work in a small setting first through the winter, and then branch out from there in the spring. I can’t wait to see what my husband comes up with because he is so creative that way. He designed our little goat barn to take apart and put back together (he did a fabulous job on the chicken coop too). Good thing because we’ve had to move it four times!

I like the idea of learning how to feed ourselves in a more healthy way and gain more control over what we get to eat. That’s why I want to encourage anyone with the slightest interest in this topic to pursue it vigorously. I’m not a millionaire and I think it’s become fairly obvious that they will be last to arrive with any help to get us moving in a more life affirming manner. I’m afraid we’ll each have to do it ourselves. So, no links, just boundless enthusiasm.

Tesla_WTC_Solution
4th August 2013, 20:55
May God open the eyes of the privileged to the need and potential of the common people.

E pluribus unum

thunder24
13th November 2013, 16:23
bump bump......

araucaria
13th November 2013, 17:37
Who was the person who had clairvoyant abilities to write down winning lottery numbers but didn't buy any tickets because it would have been unethical use of this gift? There are plenty of ways of spending lottery winnings ethically. I say, if anyone has that gift, then let them use it - maybe it would more unethical not to?

MorningSong
13th November 2013, 17:42
Here's a FREE online permaculture design course for anyone who's interested:

Course Instructor: Larry Korn (translator of Fukuoka's book One Straw Revolution) and other world-class teachers

Complete 72+ Hour Permaculture Design Certificate Course Covers:

Natural building construction
Pattern observation and site analysis
Renewable energy and appropriate technology
Reading the land and natural cycles
Rainwater harvesting and conservation
Soil regeneration and land restoration
Passive and active solar design
Food forests, trees, and garden design
Greywater considerations and system design
Business and financial permaculture
Waste recycling and treatment
Urban permaculture for sustainable cities
...and much, much more!

http://www.permaculturedesigntraining.com/

Rocky_Shorz
13th November 2013, 18:00

I twitter Bill Gates foundation all the time, they are always talking of feeding the world so each time I see it, I ask where are the vertical farms?

if you give a man a fish he will eat until no longer hungry, if you teach h9im to fish, he will never be hungry

first the gulf seafood was destroyed, now the pacific radiated and will continue to be for 40 years from Japan's disaster, species of fish need to be moved indoors not just for survival of a species, but to feed the masses...

Rocky_Shorz
13th November 2013, 18:55
http://edition.cnn.com/2012/12/09/business/eco-singapore-vertical-farm

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/05/07/vertical-indoor-farms-are-growing-in-the-u-s.html

On average, food travels 1,500 miles to get from distant fields to the typical dinner table. In colder weather, that number can rise drastically, when stores have to fly produce like blueberries and tomatoes in from tropical locales like Mexico and Peru.

f_h48yQagsU
i don't like the idea of the robotics doing the planting
takes away from the naturalness even more then doing it inside....lol

it was pretty cool, but people having mental health issues heal from tending plants as they grow...

and in doing so feed energy back to the plants...

couldn't be cheap to build and maintain all of that equipment.

thunder24
20th April 2014, 01:31
http://www.nextworldtv.com/videos/keeping-it-local/singapore-vertical-garden.html

2nFQOkzEjxQ

http://www.nextworldtv.com/videos/keeping-it-local/bright-farms-a-produce-supply-chain-revolution.html

3ZDLo8yNxgY

thunder24
21st April 2014, 00:46
amazing that er body wanna talk aabout whats wrong instead of sol-u-tions... i suposse it cause im a smart ass on the forum and everybody thinks they are too intelligent to plant a seed... oh well

thunder24
3rd May 2014, 02:15
I'm trying to pull Donald Trump into Bundy Ranch right now, he can be the peacemaker between Democrats and Republicans...

I'm proposing building a special vertical Ranch on Bundy's 160 acres...

http://assets.inhabitat.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2011/04/Circular-Symbiosis-Tower-1-537x350.jpg

irrigating deserts are a waste of our most precious resource, clean water, but in a Vertical Farm, conservation stretches a trickle into green crops.

there is an attempt to divide our country right now before the election, it can be stopped at Bundy Ranch.

once the vertical farm is built, Bundy can gather his cattle into their new home, and start to raise 30,000 cattle at a time, the payback is only 3 years on this facility. as each one is paid, it funds to start another, bring in the ranchers, as it expands, beef is getting so expensive, people have stopped eating it. Millions of cattle had to be slaughtered in Texas, pipelines were needed for fuel, so they cut off the water...

this is the answer in Texas, get those big slabs back on families plates...

now Trump, peace is a worthy enough reason to step forward, lower food costs which lowers the need for government aid...

ranchers and farmers will love you, conservationist, clean energy... you win and will be King...

and I'm sure for keeping peace on Indian Lands, ad buying solar energy from them, they might find a location for a Trump Casino on their lands...

I offer a solution that is a win win for everyone...

Can anyone hear me?
bump bump bump

GuyFox
4th May 2014, 05:37
I've been playing around with some different ideas for the fish farm, it could be the answer to letting our oceans rebuild the fish populations.

Michigan is one of the states that would really benefit from growing through the winter...

imagine biting in to a big ol juicy orange right from the tree...

I am originally from Detroit.
My question is: Why go to the time and trouble of building a VERTICAL Farm,
when land in Detroit is already cheap??

If their are "deserving poor" out there - and I believe there are - why not allow them to work on farms in return for food. This way, if and when government benefits collapse (as seems likely) they will still be able to feed themselves and their families

Rocky_Shorz
4th May 2014, 05:50
do you believe chemtrails and Fukushima pollute our air? have you ever bit into a fresh picked peach in January in Detroit?

well that is what I've said since the beginning, it isn't just local grown food currently imported, it is jobs for the local economy.

they are trying to make private food production illegal, these need to be put in motion before corporations realize they won't be making money on local coops.

Fairy Friend
7th May 2014, 19:27
I'm trying to pull Donald Trump into Bundy Ranch right now, he can be the peacemaker between Democrats and Republicans...

I'm proposing building a special vertical Ranch on Bundy's 160 acres...

http://assets.inhabitat.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2011/04/Circular-Symbiosis-Tower-1-537x350.jpg

irrigating deserts are a waste of our most precious resource, clean water, but in a Vertical Farm, conservation stretches a trickle into green crops.

there is an attempt to divide our country right now before the election, it can be stopped at Bundy Ranch.

once the vertical farm is built, Bundy can gather his cattle into their new home, and start to raise 30,000 cattle at a time, the payback is only 3 years on this facility. as each one is paid, it funds to start another, bring in the ranchers, as it expands, beef is getting so expensive, people have stopped eating it. Millions of cattle had to be slaughtered in Texas, pipelines were needed for fuel, so they cut off the water...

this is the answer in Texas, get those big slabs back on families plates...

now Trump, peace is a worthy enough reason to step forward, lower food costs which lowers the need for government aid...

ranchers and farmers will love you, conservationist, clean energy... you win and will be King...

and I'm sure for keeping peace on Indian Lands, ad buying solar energy from them, they might find a location for a Trump Casino on their lands...

I offer a solution that is a win win for everyone...

Can anyone hear me?
bump bump bump

There is another thread called "grounding our planet Earth as healer -documentary" by Zampano. my cell phone does not link very well but I will try. Is it included in the design that animals and plants do not seem to do very well without a direct connection to the earth itself but there are ways around it. Plants in flowerpots don't do as well. However direct links to the ground can be made from below to above the ground and increase productivity and happiness. This video was enlightening to me. Relevent??

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?71114-Grounded-Our-planet-Earth-as-healer-Documentary&p=830691&highlight=grounding#post830691

Rocky_Shorz
7th May 2014, 19:58
I am stealing this one from Greybeards "Enlightenment and related matters" thread, because I think it deserves its own place here. I watched this documentary this morning and it is a really well done film-not only the information provided on Grounding, but also the style and presentation.

Sit back and enjoy

jgwF0tpioTU

"Grounded" is an independent feature film about what is considered by many authorities to be "The Greatest Health RE-discovery of All Time". The concept was tested on the people of Haines, Alaska , (population 1,700.) Now showing on Youtube for free for a limited time.

PS.: Special appearence: Edgar Mitchell

the only industry getting into Vertical farming so far is Marijuana, they have some 20 story buildings, plants look incredible on all the floors.

I'll check out the video

thunder24
10th September 2014, 23:48
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?74761-FOOD-jaw-dropping-Japanese-hydro-grow-dome&p=875213#post875213

cross post from the neighbor of the devil

thunder24
28th December 2014, 18:04
Rocky Shorz... check it out....

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/making-nature-better/?ftag=YHF4eb9d17

Tesla_WTC_Solution
28th December 2014, 23:10
Really hoping there are more advances in this area very soon :)

Dreams of "emerald city", hex glass palladium walls w/ graphene solar cells lol XD

plants growing everywhere, cows n goats etc fish right in the middle of town,
plug your iPad into the wall next to your favorite pond etc.

<3

Soon (tm)

thunder24
27th February 2015, 16:42
http://www.theverge.com/2015/2/26/8112889/vertical-farm-wyoming-hydroponics-grow-food

doing it, starting to become reality

thunder24
9th July 2015, 11:45
http://naturalsociety.com/subterranean-farm-to-harvest-100-feet-below-ground-level/ under ground farming.... more and more people are seizing the oppurtunity to grow food with out destroying forests or taking up land space...

thunder24
11th July 2015, 20:27
....bump......

Rocky_Shorz
11th July 2015, 23:25
Hey now that Trump has turned the whole world against him, maybe he is ready to get into farming...

thunder24
9th December 2015, 14:56
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3153557/Forget-fields-farms-soon-UNDERWATER-Nemo-s-Garden-project-growing-strawberries-beans-lettuce-herbs-submarine-pods.html

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/07/08/14/2A5715BC00000578-0-image-a-9_1436363181885.jpg

farming underwater

Rocky_Shorz
9th December 2015, 17:04
That is really cool, and no bugs...

thunder24
28th December 2015, 13:07
http://www.collective-evolution.com/2015/03/19/check-out-the-worlds-largest-indoor-vertical-farm-capable-of-producing-2-million-pounds-of-food/

http://cdn1.collective-evolution.com/assets/uploads/2015/03/vert1-728x400.jpg

newark, new jersey

thunder24
6th January 2016, 19:46
https://www.yahoo.com/makers/world-s-largest-rooftop-garden-1337000543862838/photo-this-is-the-largest-rooftop-1452088971301.html

This is the largest rooftop garden in the world
The largest urban rooftop farm in the world is thriving in a city that’s typically one of the chilliest, least arable spots in the U.S. — Chicago. (Photo: Gotham Greens/Instagram)

thunder24
13th January 2016, 12:43
http://portablefarms.com/2015/asylum-seekers/

PRESS RELEASE: September 14, 2015: PFAS LLC has officially submitted a 40-page Special Report to the Leaders of the United Nations and the European Union.
– A Sustainable Solution: A Locally Grown Food & Jobs Creation Program (LGF-JCP) – Created to Feed and Create Jobs for Displaced Persons and Asylum Seekers
– Urban-Focused Food Hyper-Production with Portable Farms® Aquaponics Systems (utility patent application filed 12/23/2014) – Investment range US$250,000 to US$50,000,000 – Local Semi-skilled Labor Jobs Created under each Funded Program

By selling a large portion of the vegetables and fish to the general public that are grown in Portable Farms® Aquaponics Systems (PFAS), a major portion of the food production system can become self-sustaining in order to pay for ongoing costs of operation, salaries, seeds and seed supplies, fish and fish food, utilities and ancillary costs associated with maintenance. Selling all of the food grown in Portable Farms® Aquaponics Systems (PFAS) offers donors or investors a three to five year ROI depending on the crops grown and the prices they receive.
Using proprietary Portable Farms® Aquaponics Systems (PFAS) technology and design, each 2.5m2 (25 square feet) of grow space can feed one adult all of their table vegetables, except for root vegetables (potatoes, yams, onions and carrots, etc.) year round and once up to full production about 20% of their protein requirement, forever. These people will also need some other starches/carbohydrates in their diets such as ‘field crops’ as wheat, potatoes, soy, corn or rice. These starchy foods are generally available and less expensive than table vegetables.
Create immediate jobs and food for displaced persons or asylum seekers
Permanent full-time jobs and year round food production in three months in greenhouses or warehouse
Humanitarian efforts that pay both dividends and profits
Pesticide free food, table vegetables and fish, raised in simple yet revolutionary new technology that replicates nature
Ideal for semi-skilled women or men operators and trained in less than a week
Installation can be solar powered
Total sustainability can be achieved by selling most of the food production to local markets.
In addition to growing high quality, pesticide-free, locally grown food, this program is specifically designed to create jobs in each farm location. After the initial installation, each additional 1,000m2 (100′ x 100′) installation creates three permanent full-time job and leads to the creation of additional indirect jobs in support services, supplies and ancillary work including areas related to maintenance and utilities, food packaging, fish processing, community relations and marketing, personnel oversight, bookkeeping and security.

Rocky_Shorz
18th May 2016, 16:00
Naval Intelligence released important info from Sorcha relating to food manipulation...

[Mod edit: Caveat (http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/esp_autor_booth.htm#menu):

Sorcha Faal (http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/), otherwise known as David Booth of the CIA.
David Booth works within the Central Intelligence Agency in COINTELPRO (http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/esp_cointelpro.htm).
from Intelligence Briefs or Disinformation (http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/esp_cointelpro10.htm)?
Hervé]

"Russia Shocked Over Chinese Plan To Start Rationing Food To American People In 2017

A new report circulating in the Security Council (SC) today prepared by the Ministry of Agriculture (MoA) that “examines/explains” the global “implications/ramifications” of China’s 13th Five Year Plan (2016-2020), that has “expanded/exceeded” the achievements of its 12th Five Year Plan (2011-2015), is shockingly warning that by mid-2017, the Chinese communist government will begin a series of food rationing initiatives in the United States denying to the American people market access to agricultural products grown and raised in their own country. [Note: Words appearing in quotes are English language approximations of Russian words/phrases having no exact counterpart.]

http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/ffrr1.jpg

According to this report, China’s 12th Five Year Plan, begun in 2011, was based upon their dire need of both food and farms as only 11% of Chinese land can be farmed—which in a nation whose size is nearly equal to the United States (5.6 million square kilometers/3.7 million square miles) has more than four times as many people to feed thus creating a recipe for the taking place of a food-security disaster.

In 2011 when this five-year plan was announced, this report continues, Chinese nationals owned $81 million worth of American farmland, but just one later, in 2012, they increased their ownership to over $900 million (a 1,000% increase), and in 2013 bought the United States largest, and oldest, meat processer Smithfield Foods (and largest pork producer in the world) capturing another $480 million worth of farmland.

http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/ffrr2.png

With the Smithfield Foods purchase alone, this report notes, China instantly became the owner of nearly 500 farms across the US and the major employer in dozens of American towns and villages too, and whose buying spree has continued nonstop since—including every US company they can possibly purchase.

To China’s “economic methodology” in making these massive purchases of US farmland, food processors and companies, this report says, have long been detailed by the international expert Professor Usha Haley, Ph.D., University of West Virginia/Collage of Business & Economics, who describes how China buys these entities to then ship back to their country the technology, that they then reproduce and use ultra cheap labor to replicate, and then return to the US cheaper products than the Americans can make that puts their US rivals out of business.

The greatest danger to the American people by what China is doing, however, this report explains, is that by Shuanghui International’s (now known as W-H Group) 2013 $7.1 billion purchase of Smithfield Foods (the largest-ever Chinese acquisition of an American company), the Chinese now own fully one-quarter of all the hogs in America—and which by mid-2017 will all be destined for the Chinese market, not America’s.

http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/ffrr3.jpg

Beginning last year too, this report continues, China has, also, began buying up thousands of acres of US farmland in the States of Washington, Oregon and Idaho—and is expected to accelerate these massive buys of American farmland and food processors this year as China has begun a massive selling off of its US debt holdings in order to capitalize on the crashing market of US farms and farmland, whose values have plunged to their lowest levels in 30 years, in order to create for itself in America what are described as “development zones”.

http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/ffrr4.jpg

China’s staggering $43 billion bid for Swiss agricultural giant Syngenta (agribusiness that produces agrochemicals and seeds) this year has, also, this report says, put fear into American farmers that new planting technology and seeds will now be denied to them by China in order to further devalue their land and force its sale to the Chinese.

While nations like Australia have stopped these actions of China to destroy their nation’s food security (where China tried to buy farm equal to the size of the State of Kentucky), this report continues, the United States has refused to do so, and their reason for doing so is classified so the American people can never know why.

Under US law, this report explains, foreign governments, like China, are not allowed to own farmland, but foreign companies can. To decide if a foreign government is, indeed, behind the purchase of American farmland, MoA experts in this report note, is left to the highly secretive Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) whose Executive Order creation allows it to keep its findings secret so as not to impair foreign relations.

http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/ffrr5.jpg

In the case of the Smithfield Foods takeover by China, however, this report continues, the CFIUS finding that the Chinese government had no role in its purchase was countered by the facts uncovered by American reporters who wrote:

“Shuanghui is required to adhere to Beijing’s five-year plan, the Communist Party’s national economic agenda. And the document was clear. Shuanghui meets its obligations and follows the path laid out by the Communist Party. Despite its public listing in Hong Kong, Shuanghui answers to the Chinese government – going beyond regulatory compliance. It receives directives from Beijing, and it follows them.

The Chinese government acts like a de facto board of directors for the country’s domestic industries – even for publicly traded companies like Shuanghui. The Communist Party issues the five-year plan, and Shuanghui is expected to follow that direction The Chinese government owns a bank that provides the nation’s businesses with financing. For helping carry out the government’s agenda, Shuanghui received a $4 billion loan to take over Smithfield. The loan was approved in a single day.”

With mysterious and massive Chinese companies the American people have never heard of, but make their US counterpart companies look like dwarfs in comparison, ready to divide the United States up between them, this report concludes, next years pork rationing by China in the US is just the beginning of what is to come—and if not stopped could result in mass starvation deaths not seen in America since the Great Depression of the 1930’s that killed over 7 million of these peoples, but to this very day they’re still not allowed to know the truth of. link (http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index2040.htm)

http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/ffrr6.jpg

thunder24
13th December 2016, 14:53
https://offgridworld.com/off-grid-technology-could-end-up-feeding-the-world-with-solar-floating-farms/

One such concept from Forward Thinking Agriculture would also incorporate solar, aquaculture, and hydroponic systems in order to provide for all the needs of the floating system. By using a floating platform underutilized bodies of water can be put to better use and the multiple systems in one can be used to produce fruits, vegetables, and even fish. Each system is an independent multi level module that would have a level for aquaculture and desalination, a level for hydroponic farming, and the rooftop level for solar panels and rain water collection. Each module can be connected to others with floating walkways in between to access each unit. While not specific to an off grid lifestyle, it is certainly an interesting concept that utilizes existing off grid technology to hopefully solve a problem the world will face in the not too distant future, just one more example of how off grid living is providing solutions to the entire world.

https://offgridworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/SFF_4_1_1250.jpg

thunder24
2nd February 2017, 18:17
https://offgridworld.com/solar-powered-vertical-garden-a-stackable-portable-greenhouse-aquaponics-garden/

This solar powered vertical garden is an Off Grid World original design developed from a need to grow food in a small space using high-yield-high-density aquaponics growing techniques. The system is originally based off of a shipping container’s ability to stack vertically, as well as provide a portable and shippable solution for easily transporting and setting up a vertical farm. It will work in just about any backyard garden, and has potential for inner-city urban farming applications.

https://offgridworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/shipping-container-greenhouse19.jpg

thunder24
7th August 2017, 04:24
XyOGdjWDVM4

A fascinating exploration of the groundbreaking discoveries and mind-blowing uses of waters secret qualities. Understand why vortexing water may be so beneficial to your health. Free-energy produced by the Repulsine device. An excellent documentary on the genius of Viktor Schaubeger and his son, Walter Schauberger who spent their life researching and utilizing waters hidden qualities. If you want more information about the health benefits of water vortexing and structuring check out this site: http://bit.ly/2aTCxQ5
Film created by Franz Fitzke and Schauberger's grandson.