PDA

View Full Version : Coincidence- is there such a thing?

Pathosology
28th May 2011, 16:28
For the past month or so, I consciously decided to conduct an experiment of sorts- to not view anything as coincidence, but instead to accept that all are connected, that "all" really "Is.". I think my life may be changed forever- synchronicity abounds. I wonder if this is a truth for anyone else.

I welcome all thoughts and comments...

PurpleLama
28th May 2011, 16:40
one of my all time favorite quotes:

"The belief in coincidence is the prevalent superstition of the modern age."

And, yes, I agree: synchronicity abounds.

In fact, I frequently use the phrase "synchronicity abounds." It wasn't until I posted that I reread your post and realized you used precisely the same term. More synchronicity.

Pathosology
28th May 2011, 16:48
Its almost as if the Universe is constantly trying to get my attention. However, enter conundrum...

If we create our own realities, am I then creating my own synchronicity? Have yet to wrap my head around this one...

PurpleLama
28th May 2011, 16:53
of courae the uppermost part of our spiritual identity is no less that the creator itself. So, yes, synchronicity is frequently a higher portion of our self giving clues to these portions we are more immediately aware of. In my own understanding, that is.

Pathosology
28th May 2011, 17:06
So interesting about our common phrase, PurpleLama.

And right after reading your second post, speaking about our higher selves, you helped me answer my own question. I actually had already posted it in my opening comments: "all" really "Is.". I like to believe in the holographic theory of our universe, which would mean that, since I "Am" a part of everything, of course it makes sense that my Higher Self, already connect to all that "Is" would do it's best to get little old 3D projection Me to see the clues and the paths to Truth and Light, because I asked to See beyond this reality.

Charlie Pecos
28th May 2011, 18:31
There is no such thing as coincidence. Everything happens for a reason. :)

crosby
28th May 2011, 20:03
here's something to ponder: last monday i was speaking to my mother about a sibling of mine who has been out of touch with our family for at least 8 years. the very next day, this sibling called me. very strange indeed. 6 weeks ago i was thinking about an old friend that i hadn't spoken with in several months and the next day, she stopped by my house for a visit. i've got a million stories like this. however, whenever i say something like, boy it would be nice if a couple of million dollars landed on my doorstep, THAT never happens. why is that? so i was thinking, is it my thinking that has brought about the connections, or is it that they were thinking along the same lines as i, or, was it something else?
regards, corson

KosmicKat
28th May 2011, 20:36
I learned long ago that coincidence is just a comfort for those who have not yet awoken to the truth

ulli
28th May 2011, 21:14
I was having a little break from Avalon and was reading up on other things, like astrology articles.
Deeply engrossed I was, reading about how the moon affects our consciousness during waning and waxing phases.
Then one touch on my screen and I scrolled into view something I had totally forgotten about, even though it was my intention not to.
Our dear Avalon member Revere just yesterday sent me a PM calling for participation in a global intention excercise.
The idea was to have a group of people all around the globe sensing peace and harmony all at the same time.
Well, they are already manifesting their alarm clocks down here in Costa Rica.
Get this.
I'm scrolling down my moon consciousness article and came across this:

http://www.astro.com/im/in/dg_disseminating4.jpg

and here is the accompanying text:

"But there are problems with the Moon. Precision of timing is one of them. As my friend, natural time expert Samten Williams says, "The impulse often precedes the Moon." Sometimes we can sense ourselves to be in a particular Moon phase before it actually arrives.
History provides a fine example. Paul Revere's ride is a marvelous image for the Disseminating Moon - when a silversmith, in just a few hours, with a just few words ("The British are coming!") mustered a whole countryside to arms. Disseminating power was strong that night: drums were beating, church bells ringing. By morning, unsuspecting British troops marched straight into a savage, well-organized fight. Revere started his ride just before midnight on April 18, 1775. The Moon did not shift into the Disseminating phase until five am on the 19th, when Revere was reaching his last few towns.
Technically Revere's ride was a Full Moon event, not a Disseminating one. News of a British invasion certainly fits our expectation of a Full Moon revelation. On the afternoon of the 18th, a stable boy overheard a British officer and took this story to Revere. But Revere clearly disseminated it, as did those who heard him. Their news spread like wildfire. So which Moon phase should we use to characterize this famous ride?"

Good question. My question is even better.
How can the PTB even contemplate going up against a force as subtle and marvellous as the one that sets up such incredible coincidences as this one?

In less than 50 minutes from now I will be joining this global excercise, and am wondering how many other people had synchronistic alarm bells ringing to make sure they didn't forget.

ulli
28th May 2011, 21:20
P.S. .
I nearly forgot: when I opened up the Avalon site in order to tell Revere about the coincidence that just happened, totally by coincidence I found at the top of the page a new thread, guess what? ABOUT coincidences, just in time for me to make a public announcement about it...just like Revere's ride.
"The REAL PTB are coming!!"

Patience
28th May 2011, 21:31
I have had quite a few surprising coincidences ....I think that once we manifest a thought ...the universe turns that thought into reality.....especially if the thought is a strong one!!

thunder24
28th May 2011, 21:36
I mow grass for some people. I was riding by a yard one day, and thought, man, i wish all my yards were that flat, and I could get some more to mow. next week, I'm on my way to mow, and asked the universal conciousness to send me some more work, similar to that house with the flat yard. I start mowing in a totally different community and a man stops by as soon as I start the mower. He asks if I mow peoples yards, cause he needed it. The man lived in the house with the big flat yard that I had looked at and wished I could mow. Synchronicities abound.
peace

ozlemer
28th May 2011, 21:42
here's something to ponder: last monday i was speaking to my mother about a sibling of mine who has been out of touch with our family for at least 8 years. the very next day, this sibling called me. very strange indeed. 6 weeks ago i was thinking about an old friend that i hadn't spoken with in several months and the next day, she stopped by my house for a visit. i've got a million stories like this. however, whenever i say something like, boy it would be nice if a couple of million dollars landed on my doorstep, THAT never happens. why is that? so i was thinking, is it my thinking that has brought about the connections, or is it that they were thinking along the same lines as i, or, was it something else?
regards, corson

I always have this happening to me too... wonder why?

crosby
28th May 2011, 22:14
I have had quite a few surprising coincidences ....I think that once we manifest a thought ...the universe turns that thought into reality.....especially if the thought is a strong one!!

it doesn't work for money though. darn it!!!!!
regards, corson

=[Post Update]=

regards, corson

I always have this happening to me too... wonder why?

i know, right? i can't figure it out. there are days when i'll say, my jeep is running great, and then the very next day, whack. it breaks down. so i've learned to not talk about anything that i need to work for me. keeps me sane.
regards, corson

Lord Sidious
28th May 2011, 23:50
Money, like the word reward can be both a curse and a blessing.
How many times have we heard of people who had nothing winning the lotteries and then losing the lot and being worse off than before?

Pathosology
29th May 2011, 01:40
How many times have we heard of people who had nothing winning the lotteries and then losing the lot and being worse off than before?

Intuitively, I would think it has very much to do with intention. Especially regarding money, perhaps our higher selves better understand our own weaknesses than our present self.

Pathosology
29th May 2011, 01:43
Does anyone here think or feel that seeing and connecting synchronicities, where we previously had failed to see them, has some real connection to being awakened?

loveandgratitude
29th May 2011, 05:13
OK. I have to take a deep breathe here as I want to say so much I have to think about where to start.

First - The subconscious part of the mind or (HIGHER SELF is another description) - is awaiting your very command to assist you. So when you think of BOB or the sibling etc, you just gave the subconcious mind a command and the job of the subconsciousness mind (HIGHER SELF) is the HOW TO DO or WHAT TO DO part of our mind. So you think of BOB or the sibling and your subconciousness mind which has enormous power helps you to find BOB or the sibling.

Second - What is the HIGHER SELF? I have come to believe that the HIGHER SELF is ourselves in the FUTURE. So it can help and direct us into the best possible outcomes in the present. So when we ask for help or hand over a problem to the subconscious mind (HIGHER SELF) we get the best answers from our subconscousness mind, if we can just listen. Sometimes the subconscious mind will speak very loudly or sometimes in whispers or sometimes with a song etc.

Let us look at an example I recently had.

My daughter who is 23 was told after an ultrasound that she had huge cycts on her ovaries and would need an urgent operation. After discussion with her I asked the subconscious mind to assist, what would be the best avenue to go down. That night I had a dream about physic surgery. I woke up and look up the information on the internet. I have an open mind to these things, so I suggested to her that this would be the best path to go down at this time. She is living in Hong Kong and on her lunch break she decided to phone the healer in the Phillipines.

She was having a bit of trouble contacting him and asked for a sign to see if this would be correct for her. She then looked at the window as he answered the phone and she saw a huge display billboard been towed by a car saying - BAGIO FURNITURE. Now this is a small town in the Phillipines where this person lives. She told her boyfriend about this and said I literally saw a sign.

He then joked and said maybe if I ask for a sign it will appear. So the crossed the road and what comes around the corner but the same sign being towed behind a car - saying BAGIO FURNITURE.

She phones me to tell me she had a sign and then I said, OK i now want a sign. So I left home for an appointment with someone and was waiting in the reception and picked up a magazine and there was an article on this guy on the very page I opened it at. Then the radio was on and the radio said, cheap holidays in the Phillipines currently on sale. I go into the doctor and the doctor starts talking about the Phillipines.

Just one example of subconscious trying to contact us to tell us the best course to take.

Now, is the subconscious (HIGHER SELF) ourselves in the future, telling us something, arranging things for us or for the best possible outcome? Our High Self helps guide us through life and also helps us identify our Soul's purpose in this life and how to achieve it.

My High Self communicates with me by giving me physical and emotional feelings and knowing, by sending me messages, by dreams and some pictures. It is just taking the time to recognize them and act upon them.

PurpleLama
29th May 2011, 12:13
every little intuitive nudge we resopnd to makes the connection stronger.

yes, this occurs no just as a result, but actually is part of the process itself of awakening

ulli
29th May 2011, 13:43

Winning the lottery has a negative effect on long- term prosperity in 75% of the cases.
It's to do with it being a windfall ....an unexpected event for which no real preparation exists other than the expectation of the thrill. So when it happens people's emotions go haywire...
In the end there is more trauma than lesson.
To bring this back to topic, miracles and synchronicities are like a windfall lottery win on the path of spiritual quest.
And here, equally, is a similar danger, as some are struck with awe and others with disbelief...
Both can cause divisions inside families...

Pathosology
29th May 2011, 14:16
Ulli, could you please elaborate? Im not sure I fully understand your comment...

Pathosology
29th May 2011, 14:34
Talk about synchronicity! I was perusing a thread, when I decided to go back to Today's Posts tosee what everyone else is talking about. Half a second before I hit the button, I very loudly, and very quickly thought to myself maybe I should pick and older thread, perhaps the Charles Material...no! I will read the Inelia Thread. There I should find some useful insight to begin the day... I kid not- once the thought had passed, Today's Posts page loaded, and I'll give you one guess as to what the very top listed thread was...wait for it.... The Inelia Thread! It's almost like it's too easy, how them more I pay attention and respond, the more it happens. Such fun, too. Suddenly, I don't feel quite as blind.

Patience
29th May 2011, 14:57
[QUOTE=Patience;230831]I have had quite a few surprising coincidences ....I think that once we manifest a thought ...the universe turns that thought into reality.....especially if the thought is a strong one!!

it doesn't work for money though. darn it!!!!!
regards, corson[COLOR="red"]

It can do....my friend was congratulating another mutual friend on his 5 number lottery win and thought to himself...'you know what...I'd like to win the lottery and not have to drag myself to work every day' he put a quid on the lottery that afternoon and got 6 numbers!!! He's now my only millionaire friend......he still goes to work every day...but now works voluntary ....so he feels fulfilled ...there's hope for us all yet xxx

ulli
29th May 2011, 15:23
Ulli, could you please elaborate? Im not sure I fully understand your comment...

I was responding to Lord Sid's comment about lottery wins, and suddenly got this insight that both lottery wins as well as meaningful coincidences are like windfalls.
Google "windfall."
Someting unexpected.
One (lottery wins) happens at the 3 D level, the other (coincidences) at an interdimensional level.
And being a blessing, they initially have a strong emotional effect on the receiver, which in turn can cause a shift in the larger group, by alienating the person from some members of their community, while others, who have had similar experiences, may feel a sense of unity.
Just musing.

Revere
29th May 2011, 15:39
Hello,
Ulli,

I loved the Revere story! I have seen numerous depictions of the ride over the years with the Moon included in the picture. I guess many noticed the two events coinciding back in the day as well. That perception is also very interesting and says a lot about how we were possibly more in touch with the natural cycles when technology played a smaller role in our lives.

I have noticed synchronicity expanding in my life and in many others who are not as awake to the same subjects as the average Avalon or Camelot viewer. In churches for example people are noticing and mentioning it as well. I also hear from many such people that they feel something big is on the horizon. It all seems to be very connected in a way. We are living in very interesting times. Let's Intend them to be very good times!

Peace,

-R-

ulli
29th May 2011, 18:09
The important thing is to think about synchronicities, to talk about them, to share experiences.

That's what makes them happen even more.
That's why this thread is so important, to show this principle at work.

When thinking and talking about disasters it increases disasters.

Better to talk about synchronicities than disasters, I say.

PurpleLama
29th May 2011, 18:42
I agree. In some places some people are expressing annoyance at all the love and light and fluffy stuff, preferring instead a more direct approach, presumably. But, the truth is it's needed that there are those who will fight physical fights, those who will fight the psychological fight, and also those who stand in the righteous light and ensure that light shines so that the secrets are shown and that which loves darkness will not overwhelm those who will stand for what's right, regardless of the particular form our stance may take. I for one will willfully intend that we see the magic of creation, the joyful synchronicities, until the negativity is eclipsed fully by positivity. But such isn't to say that we shouldn't take a more, shall I say, proactive approach should the time come for a more physical statement.