PDA

View Full Version : David Icke's APP

Tony
6th June 2011, 08:04
David Icke has brought out an APP....bloody clever idea!!!

Tony

stdante
6th June 2011, 08:29
if like me, you dont know what is an app,
after a little research I found out that is a iPhone application ;)

Tony
6th June 2011, 08:34
if like me, you dont know what is an app,
after a little research I found out that is a iPhone application ;)

Sorry, I suddenly got all digital.

pickle
6th June 2011, 08:37
What is the app for Tony? Instant Reptilian recognition software?

Sorry mate, feeling frisky this cheery Monday morning ;)

Peace,

Pickle

Anno
6th June 2011, 09:08
It's not a proper app, in that it does something. It's a 4 hour 'Who Is David Icke' type video. And it costs £1.79.

Not really sure I see the point in it, apart from the £££ obviously.

DickDavie
6th June 2011, 10:38
Hey Tony,

Glad you too appreciate the app! I actually posted the same thing last week.
See the thread here: http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?21926-David-Icke-is-spreading-to-smartphones...&p=234335#post234335

I've heard quite a lot of people dissing Icke for making an app (although he did not even make it himself), saying it is all about the money. Obviously everyone needs to make a living somehow, and if Icke does it by selling an app, what's wrong with that? And in my opinion, what matters is the information included, not what the reasons may be for making the app in the first place. Besides, I believe his intentions are genuine. :) This is actually pretty much what I've written in my post! :D

Anno
6th June 2011, 11:07
Hey Tony,

Glad you too appreciate the app! I actually posted the same thing last week.
See the thread here: http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?21926-David-Icke-is-spreading-to-smartphones...&p=234335#post234335

I've heard quite a lot of people dissing Icke for making an app (although he did not even make it himself), saying it is all about the money. Obviously everyone needs to make a living somehow, and if Icke does it by selling an app, what's wrong with that? And in my opinion, what matters is the information included, not what the reasons may be for making the app in the first place. Besides, I believe his intentions are genuine. :) This is actually pretty much what I've written in my post! :D

I don't have a problem with anyone earning a living. I don't complain when mainstream media charge for their work, so to complain when the Alternative Media do it is just risible and an attitude that holds us all back in my opinion. I'm just very pedantic when it comes to media. An app is meant to be a tool that actually does something. This is just another channel for selling video content. It's lazy marketing. What you're essentially doing is taking a new technology then just forcing it to do what you already do, instead of doing something new and embracing the technology. Given Icke's published views on the Internet and its users, I very much doubt he had much to do with this at all.

I think it's a good move by Icke inc to start experimenting with New Media and the rest of the Alternative Media would do well to follow suit, but please do it properly or there's just no point.

On a far more immature note: Your user name, combined with your pro-Icke stance, is giving me serious giggle fits.