PDA

View Full Version : Julian Assange has decided to cause more waves

The One
6th June 2011, 13:36

Julian Assange has decided to cause more waves.

The Wikileaks founder, who is currently fighting extradition to Sweden, where he has faced allegations of sexual assault, has decided to ruffle feathers by claiming that the FBI tried to bribe the organisation's staff. That's according to the Daily Telegraph.

He's also waded into the controversial superinjunction world, claiming that he was prepared to reveal the names of individuals covered by these if he got hold of who was hiding behind these legal barriers.

Speaking at the Telegraph Hay Festival Mr Assange told delegates that the internet did not give people "free speech." He said those who practised this and revealed secrets online were "hounded from one end of the earth to the other

He said that his much famed whistle blowing organisation had been at the forefront of a range of challenges including ones from the FBI, which had moved in to tempt his staff to talk with a range of bribes.

And he also had more than enough to say about the ongoing superinjunction topic, claiming that there were some 200 or so outstanding superinjunctions in this country.

However, although he admitted to previously publishing a handful of superinjunction information in the past, he said that Wikileaks could turn to one of these in the future to protect its sources.

We, the public, also got more than a dig from Assange, with the Wikileaks founder accusing us of having “a rather annoying middle-class squeamishness” over the publication of secret cables and documents.

The speech was made to A list elite including Vanessa Redgrave and Ralph Fiennes as well as us old nobodies. We're sure his claims will please the UK justice system no end

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/hay-festival/8557122/Hay-festival-Julian-Assange-was-prepared-to-name-superinjunction-holders.html

So what now for the UFO cables mmmmmmmmmmmm

DoubleHelix
6th June 2011, 13:48
I really don't know what to think about Mr. Assange, there's many that say he's a CIA asset. He fits the bill and hasn't released anything of significant importance as far as the alternative media's concerned. Kerry Cassidy tried quite hard to organise an interview with him on her latest trip to the UK, but she was unsuccessful - Is he too mainstream?

I'd like to hear his latest response regarding Manning's ordeal - Mr Assange was asked if his own brief spell in prison had made him better appreciate Pte Manning’s plight. Audience members felt he failed to give an adequate answer and he was hectored by one who shouted “answer the question”

letmedanz
6th June 2011, 15:07
You know when wikileaks & assange broke the scene, it almost brought me to tears of joy that the general public had a warrior with teeth & claws and the ability to tear the enemy to shreds.
as we know, it did not happen. If he really had the evidence to all of the world's secrets, he rather put it out than to keep harping on what he CAN do.
i have off late come to the conclusion that he is a puppet, another weapon of mass deception for the elite to spin a new web.

anywhich ways, i still hope i ma wrong & he comes good!

The One
6th June 2011, 15:20
letmedanz;237637]You know when wikileaks & assange broke the scene, it almost brought me to tears of joy that the general public had a warrior with teeth & claws and the ability to tear the enemy to shreds.as we know, it did not happen. If he really had the evidence to all of the world's secrets, he rather put it out than to keep harping on what he CAN do.
i have off late come to the conclusion that he is a puppet, another weapon of mass deception for the elite to spin a new web.

I agree with you letmedanz and it wouldnt suprise me if he's already done a deal.

Fred259
6th June 2011, 15:24
You know when wikileaks & assange broke the scene, it almost brought me to tears of joy that the general public had a warrior with teeth & claws and the ability to tear the enemy to shreds.
as we know, it did not happen. If he really had the evidence to all of the world's secrets, he rather put it out than to keep harping on what he CAN do.

anywhich ways, i still hope i ma wrong & he comes good!

Assange is Rothschild’s poodle. The polecat was created by another poodle and traitor US Senator Joe Lieberman on instructions from his master in London.

The Rothschilds began grooming Julian Assange in 2008, when Wikileaks was awarded The Economist’s New Media Award. The Economist is the voice of Britain’s establishment (led by the British Rothschilds) which has, for example, on balance, supported Britain’s involvement in the Iraq war. Details post 6 http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?15529-The-spy-who-hated-Wikileaks-(at-Cambridge-University-Union)

Cjay
7th June 2011, 04:22
You know when wikileaks & assange broke the scene, it almost brought me to tears of joy that the general public had a warrior with teeth & claws and the ability to tear the enemy to shreds.as we know, it did not happen. If he really had the evidence to all of the world's secrets, he rather put it out than to keep harping on what he CAN do.

I agree with you letmedanz and it wouldnt suprise me if he's already done a deal.

I disagree. Assange (or rather, WikiLeaks) did publish the often embarrassing Iraq/Afghanistan war records and the diplomatic communications. Assange has been under house arrest for how long? He is virtually cut off from WikiLeaks. His WikiLeaks associates are undoubtedly nervous they too will be targetted for harrassment and intimidation, if they haven't already. Take a breath, people and watch this unfold before jumping to conclusions.