PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever been someone else in a dream?

Omni
6th June 2011, 19:56
Hey all. I'm seeking answers on the subject of authored, non natural dreams.

I have my dreams controlled almost every time I have them for at least a year now. But control does not mean the dream is completely authored by an external force. They control my mind in dreams too. Mind control also applies to dreams I have learned. I know that conclusively.

Anyway I had a dream some time ago, that I was an asian guy, a ninja. I was not me, I was a completely different human being. I have crossed paths with some who say dreams cannot be authored. I have no clue how they could be so certain(they were Thuban, so that may answer it slightly).

Anyway, I'm fairly certain dreams can be completely authored. I do know for sure, that they can induce one into a virtual reality within the mind, and mind control the feeling of dreams, thus effectively creating a match for a dream, but is not nec. the same thing.

I am curious. Have you ever been someone else in a dream?

Nyce555
6th June 2011, 20:01
I have been someone else in a lot of dreams. I have been male and female. I am dreaming it as if I am that person, but I am also watching it like a movie. It is always a weird scenario and I am always someone that I have never seen before. I often wonder if it is a past life memory or if I am seeing into a different reality.

shadowstalker
6th June 2011, 20:02
yes I have been someone else in dreams , I think that represent a past life thing, or considering we are one we are encountering there life for that moment in time.

Carmody
6th June 2011, 20:03
Defining all mental states that seem to occur during the 'sleep period' of one's life as a 'dream'....is a bit of a misnomer, right from the start. :)

In essence, I won't call that sort of 'recall' any sort of a 'dream' as that begins the discussion with disbelief and the idea of internal mental fabrication, right from the get-go.

noprophet
6th June 2011, 20:03
Oddly with my dreams I tend to be viewing the scene (including myself if present) from the side like a movie. Rarely am I actually looking through my or anyone's eyes.

I've also come across what I call "shared dreaming" space. It seems to be that several people can share the same "space" they're dreaming in 'usually' completely unaware of each other.

Sounds odd but I've definitely hit lucidity a few times now and realized much of my environment was not just made by me.

alphacentaura
6th June 2011, 20:06
I have been someone else in a lot of dreams. I have been male and female. I am dreaming it as if I am that person, but I am also watching it like a movie. It is always a weird scenario and I am always someone that I have never seen before. I often wonder if it is a past life memory or if I am seeing into a different reality.

The would be my CBT ( current best theory as well). My belief is that our "higher self", soul consciousness or whatever one chooses to label it recalls all of our past incarnations. It would seem to be both possible and plausible to incorporate those memories during an altered state of consciousness during sleep.

That said, I guess one could say that that is really us/me in the dream, in a more ubiquitous sense.

Carmody
6th June 2011, 20:15
The higher self does not have to stay with the body, while the body is resting.

The system of information flow is not one way, it is both. Therefore, if one is wandering about, in the higher self sense, they can have 'conscious' (body wiring) recall of the events.

The ultimate state is full clarity and conscious connection to the higher self, in various ways.

Your problem is that you have a human body perspective to these events and occasions. Which is why it tends to be limited in scope.

Some of you may recall what I understand to be my 'higher self's "job". It is rescuing souls from INSIDE their current body, as they die, under difficult to process circumstances.

Ask yourself if it is a good idea for me to consciously recall this on every occurrence. When I was in the sleepless state, this happened quite often.

I don't think it is a good idea for that sort of information (in the form of memories that will shape me) to be banging around in my human skull. I did it for a while, but I had to give conscious recall up, to some degree.

For example, my last recall was a decapitation, where I aided the occupant of the avatar into accessing the afterlife, by calming their emotional and mental state. In order to do that, I had to be with them, inside of them, when they died.

Patrikas
6th June 2011, 20:22
The soul can be summonsed to do its work and is regurlarly wether the physical is aware of it or not...and this can also be shared with the pyhsical while the soul body is doing it s work for many reasons each unique to who we are and our awareness of it and our purpose.. the soul as also the physical has choice

nomadguy
6th June 2011, 20:26
oops, rephrase, I read that wrong, once or twie I had a dream where I was someone else. However It did feel like it was right, like I was me, though I saw myself and no not me as I am now.
And either I was not in the time or in a totally different line of time.

For one I was much older and the world was very different.

Nyce555
6th June 2011, 21:45
I've definitely been in different time periods and in different parts of the world in dreams. I remember being in Mexico and Central America in dreams and I was excaping something and was traveling on foot with a group of people that I think were my "family". But I have never seen these people before. I also have seen some maps of locations that I don't even think exist on the Earth today so I don't know if this is a past earth or future earth.

dddanieljjjamesss
6th June 2011, 21:55
I have an interesting experience to share with this thread, that happened as I slept and woke this morning.

I have a long-distance penpal friend of mind that I do mind experiments with (simultaneous meditation, telepathy, dreaming)

and while we've had mild success in the past, I woke up from a very strange dream in which we were married with children! It felt very unreal, something that was not 'of' my subconscious... I am pretty well connected with my own dreams, and this was something planted in my head, it was not something being revealed by my alter-ego, as it were.

I woke up to find a few messages from her from the night before, "Dan! Are you awake? I need advice!"

Her boyfriend had proposed, and she was trying to communicate with me about her anxieties about marriage. No wonder I felt like I was out of place! The dream-kids didn't like me either!!!

edit: Whoops, i thought this thread was titled, "Have you ever been IN someone else's dream?"

I think it still stands, though.

Strat
6th June 2011, 22:13
Oddly with my dreams I tend to be viewing the scene (including myself if present) from the side like a movie. Rarely am I actually looking through my or anyone's eyes.

This happens to me somewhat frequently, though not while lucid.

(Jake's gonna have a field day with this comment!) The two times I've been out of my body were similar to this. The 2nd one more so as I was a good deal away from my body (~10 feet) watching myself.

When you're lucid are you 'behind your eyes?'

Maia Gabrial
6th June 2011, 22:17
It could mean you're seeing your own parallel and multidimensional lives, too.
Maia

noprophet
6th June 2011, 22:18

To the best of my knowledge yes. It's only happened a few times but I was definitely first person perspective. I actually never really thought about the fact that it's the dreams I'm unconscious in that are 3rd person views. Something interesting there maybe :P

red_rose
6th June 2011, 22:51

The system of information flow is not one way, it is both. Therefore, if one is wandering about, in the higher self sense, they can have 'conscious' (body wiring) recall of the events.

The ultimate state is full clarity and conscious connection to the higher self, in various ways.

Your problem is that you have a human body perspective to these events and occasions. Which is why it tends to be limited in scope.

Some of you may recall what I understand to be my 'higher self's "job". It is rescuing souls from INSIDE their current body, as they die, under difficult to process circumstances.

Ask yourself if it is a good idea for me to consciously recall this on every occurrence. When I was in the sleepless state, this happened quite often.

I don't think it is a good idea for that sort of information (in the form of memories that will shape me) to be banging around in my human skull. I did it for a while, but I had to give conscious recall up, to some degree.

For example, my last recall was a decapitation, where I aided the occupant of the avatar into accessing the afterlife, by calming their emotional and mental state. In order to do that, I had to be with them, inside of them, when they died.

Holy moly............that's the best post I've read in ages.

Carmody....wtf.....that's pretty intense stuff mate.

I'd love to hear more about that. Start a thread pleeeeeeeeeeeeeese!!!

in suspense,

red_rose

Wookie
6th June 2011, 23:13
Just once (that I can remember) My dreams are like sand paintings, very real, very vivid, and often fleeting. Earlier this year I had a dream that i was a worker/slave in South America. I was working/slaving in a exporting facility. While the time frame was clearly in the distant past (based on clothing and tools of the workers/slaves) the exporting facility was futuristic. (closest visual reference would be the alien structures mars in "Total Recall") I recognized myself as a native, dark skin, hair and eyes. (I'm a ginger and far from dark anything) I can remember clearly feeling at home in my dream body, but at the same time not quite being what one would call "human". Once a week (for some reason it sticks in my mind that it was called taco Tuesday) we, the workers/slaves, were to kill/collect the natives around the facility. The number of "kills" would then set the persons status level for the next week, often leaving the biggest, strongest and most brutal in positions of assumed power. I remember being on said hunt and finding a small family of natives hiding amongst some ruins, who the ruins belonged to i can not say. A vision with in a dream, something that really stood out to me, then let me KNOW that this family was MY family, my past, present and future. Upon this realization I told the family to hide and looked around and saw many of my fellow worker/salves with sacks full of natives. We, the workers/slaves, were much larger than the natives. Then I woke up.

Peaceful Journeys Wookies

DeDukshyn
6th June 2011, 23:14
I did what I feel was a temporary "walk-in" from a dream state once - in order to save someone from some harm. I didn't really make that connection until a little later when I was able to recall more of the dream and give it some thought.

It was a "different" dream not like a regular one; semi lucid even (I have lucid dreamed, and done some astral travel as a child). I remember suddenly "arriving" in the dream and sensing danger and the need for escape to safety. The first few moments of that are hard for me to recall but I remember running up a street, wee hours of the morning, escaping from something and looking for a place to hide or be safe. I then remember running up to houses and trying doors until I found one unlocked (must have been in Canada lol), I quickly went inside and shut the door. At this time I realized that I was completely naked and a woman! (ya, I checked out my boobs) I rather forgot about what was previously happening upon realizing how odd it was that I was a naked woman in this "dream". Then the homeowner then arrived and began asking questions out of grave concern for me (which I personally didn't really know what was going on and couldn't answer), at that time I started to fade from the dream and woke up.

After much reflecting on this very strange dream (it had a different "feel" than any other dream I have recalled thus far), I couldn't help that I had "walked in" on a situation unknown to me and may have actually saved an unconscious woman from a very dangerous and disturbing situation; when I was no longer needed (the host reagaining consciousness - and her body being safe), the dream ended. This is the first time I have been able to share that from my full perspective of that experience, one of my more moving experiences for sure.

Arpheus
6th June 2011, 23:28

I've also come across what I call "shared dreaming" space. It seems to be that several people can share the same "space" they're dreaming in 'usually' completely unaware of each other.

Sounds odd but I've definitely hit lucidity a few times now and realized much of my environment was not just made by me.

Wow thats odd hehe,i have always dreamed of me just as in 3D except when in lucid state then i do different extraordinary things such as flying around and other fun stuff,i have dreamed of being someone else in many occasions but i know by intution its always another version of me with a different look,it never disturbed me or bothered me in any way.I heard of other people dreaming as if they are watching a movie but still find it odd cause in my years it never happened to me,it makes one wonder what may be behind such things lol!

Mulder
7th June 2011, 00:16
Edgar Cayce said we live another life in our sleep, so its logical we can be other people in our dreams. I've only done astral travel in my dreams, & have not seen myself in a mirror in my dream, so I could be other people in my dreams. Its an interesting thought.

DeDukshyn
7th June 2011, 00:24
Edgar Cayce said we live another life in our sleep, so its logical we can be other people in our dreams. I've only done astral travel in my dreams, & have not seen myself in a mirror in my dream, so I could be other people in my dreams. Its an interesting thought.

I remember seeing myself in a dream once .. my eyes were huge! absolutely gigantic ... I remember my girlfriend was there, and I said to her "Hey! check out my eyes! they're huge!" -- like I was quite proud of my huge eyes .. lol. weird.

D-Day
7th June 2011, 01:54
I once had a dream where I was Astro Boy... does that count??

EDIT: sorry to interrupt the flow here, I just couldn't resist :)

InTheBackground
7th June 2011, 02:15
In short . . . yes.

I have experienced spirit contract via dreams. In some of these, I see through the spirit's own eyes as I witness his "story" from his own point of view. I see through his eyes, but know that I am not him. In others, I am an "innocent bystander", a third party witness as he tells his story.

I have also seen into my own past lives in the same manner . . . except in these I am me, but I look different. I have also seen people from my now life in these past life situations, and have recognized them even though they look completely different.

Carmody wrote:
::For example, my last recall was a decapitation, where I aided the occupant of the avatar into accessing the afterlife, by calming their emotional and mental state. In order to do that, I had to be with them, inside of them, when they died. ::

Holy sheep. I do this. Often. See through the eyes of others who have experienced some very traumatic "endings". It isn't pretty, it isn't fun, and often leaves me shaking from internalizing that energy. (We humans can be so very nasty to each other, ugh!) I have often wondered why me. . . but the only thing I could come up with was that it was important for them, in some way, to have someone know what they went through during their darkest moments, to have someone understand their pain, their trauma. It is gut-wrenching, and sometimes quite terrifying, but . . . feels necessary.

Oh! I forgot to add. I have had confirmation and validation of these dreams as being more than just dreams, as having basis in "factual reality."

Dreams are so much more than what most of us are taught to dismiss them as...

Davidallany
7th June 2011, 02:17
Defining all mental states that seem to occur during the 'sleep period' of one's life as a 'dream'....is a bit of a misnomer, right from the start.

In essence, I won't call that sort of 'recall' any sort of a 'dream' as that begins the discussion with disbelief and the idea of internal mental fabrication, right from the get-go.
Please explain more, this is fascinating.

Carmody
7th June 2011, 02:30

Holy moly............that's the best post I've read in ages.

Carmody....wtf.....that's pretty intense stuff mate.

I'd love to hear more about that. Start a thread pleeeeeeeeeeeeeese!!!

in suspense,

red_rose

Defining all mental states that seem to occur during the 'sleep period' of one's life as a 'dream'....is a bit of a misnomer, right from the start.

Please explain more, this is fascinating.

There is a thread where some of this is discussed, but I'm very hesitant to bring it back to life. The thread is overall, kinda dark.

It has about 3000 views, and the last line in the thread is by me and it basically says: "Forget everything you've just heard.... and go back to sleep".

And the thread has slept since Sept 2010.

Carmody
7th June 2011, 02:54
The greater reason I don't want to bring the thread up, is that it can and does incite fear in the given reader, and this causes the ego function to push hard to keep all fears alive and the ego firmly in charge of the body.

Thus, one is using their fears to hold reality off and lives in a negative casting of their attempts to clear their ego out. Out of being in control. Fears.... allow for this externalization. the problem is inside of us, individually.

Fear can and does keep a person from working on their ego as the fear is FROM the ego - it does not want to be sublimated or eradicated.

The thread I'm speaking of....can cause people to wander off into all kinds of directions, many to most of those directions..are filled with fears.

Hence the danger of that thread.

First we need to learn to ride a bicycle in nice sunny bird chirping flowery fields. That thread, it is...... er.....uhm....'war', in some ways. As above, so below....

It is the deep end of the pool.

MoSh187
7th June 2011, 03:14
YES!!!! I have had very many... almost over 100 dreams where me and another person remember more or less the same dream.

I'd link these Dream journal entries... but it's against the forum guidelines.. so I'll just quote a few examples.

This one.. was done with 2 different random dreamers and myself.

Lucid Dream Savy:

They're Gonna Get Us!

I was lucid in my English class. I know that there is this new guy and class, and I see him talking with some girl. I decide to sit behind him. I say hi, and he turns around. He mentions how he has "lived in every country in the United States" . At first I thought he meant continents...then I got it. Somehow, I got into some trouble for talking with him. And, I wanted out of this school. Somehow at this point, I am with one of my friends. We bust out of the classroom to find a window to fly out of- I don't do walls. We finally find one, and the whole class is after us! I start to fly through it with her. It looks SO odd "outside". We are out of the normal-looking school, and out here is this big dome, I think the glass cieling was an odd green color. We are flyin, and bustin the domes- there are more then one of them. Then, I see the girl that was talking to the guy before, and the dude. My friend and I commence running! I'm holdin onto her hand because I can't seem to run fast in dreams. She's helping me walk faster! This goes on for a bit. Then, the girl finally catches my arm and says "gotcha!". But then I come up with an awesome new plan! I told my friend to follow me- it was implied to do so quickly. I see a mirror, and hop inside of it to teleport.

We are now in a very odd looking place- since I hadn't thought before hand where I wanted to go-there was no time. It was a room with a bunch of mirrors! Mostly about the same size. From wall to cieling! We were in a room, but I also saw a long hallway near us, and I am sure that this place would go somewhere else. They may have been fun mirrors. This place was a little too creepy for me- so I wanted to use one of them to teleport. I ask my friend where she wants to go. She says to a school. Then I told her to invision a school hallway with green lockers.

Now we are at a school- just what we wanted! But, the lockers were more like this color then the actual green that lockers often are. The lockers were super short, it was so weird! I think there were also those no backed benches inbetween the rows of them. I did see some hunched people-kneeling, sitting- near them. We were on the second floor, and could see down to the first floor. There were stairs relativly near us. It was nice and bright in there, since all of the walls were windows. I believe that I saw trees and swampiness outside of the windows. I then see a friendly tan colored fat poodle. He is hunched down, and is wagging his tail at me.

My dream:

School

I'm in some hallway in a school and playing with a dog. It turns evil and starts biting my arm. (I think when dogs bite my arm in dreams i think they are warning me of something. the pattern seems consistent so far.)

Later On I'm in a cafeteria upstairs. There's a glass dome above us. I am eating with some people and we leave. We walk by a door on our way out. It sounds like a murder of people are trying to break free from a door. I can hear them pushing against it with force. Suddenly Asuka Runs ahead of me. She has an anime hairstyle that resembles a Loli hairstyle.

She is running with a man. She is yelling at me "I hate you Robert you ****ing loser. I'm leaving for good."

I say. "What about Shawna? Who will help me take care of her..." They disappear around a corner. A woman says to me. "She needs a more handsome man like him"

I say, "WTF? I've seen plenty of average looking guys with Hot girlfriends. And I'm sure it wasn't what was in their wallets." A person turned to me. I couldn't tell whether he was a she or she was a he? Just really ugly looking.
"You're SO right about that!" He/she said, with his arm around a hot Girl.

I run away. I run by the same door with t he people trying to push through. I begin looking for something but I don't know what. I run through the main area of the school again. Some guy yells "Those people pushing through... They're aggravated teens who are mad at their mothers for shutting off their internet because they played too much Wolrd of Warcraft. There's going to be a riot when they break free." He starts running and I follow him.

we run past the door. I get a few feet past it and I hear the people break free. There are full cans of soup being thrown at people. I hear some people fighting. The dream slows down. I become lucid for a moment and continue to run. I follow the guy through a school door. But the dream slows almost to a stop.

False awakening. I'm in my room at night time. My mouth is so dry that I get up for a glass of water. Everything is all trippy. As i walk through the door it leaves tracers in my vision. I can barely walk straight. Nothing looks right. all blurry and leaving tracers Galore. I find my kitchen sink. I look for a cup but there isn't one. I grab an emopty milk carton and pout water into it. I take a drink but I taste sour milk. I empty it and a bunch of white goup pours out.

From Walms:

FA, go out of bed and RC, suddenly find myself in the school, just that it was not my school, it was one with a large crystal dome and it was full of activity, unlike the one where I was a while ago, my lucidity was floating around for some reason, I tried my best to ground myself, but even so, it would come and go for a while, now I was in a classroom, hearing a... something I’m not familiar with class, there was a few people and apparently I was good at the class and thus, ended with a guy asking me stuff about it, I explained to him that I was new and that I had no idea what he was talking about, he seemed disappointed and said he would go to the dome, I was uninterested on that stuff, then fainted and woke up when I fell down.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

oops I misread the topic... But yeah I once dreamed I was a woman.

nomadguy
7th June 2011, 03:33
The best thing I can say about gaining clear vision and remembrance when it comes to dream states or various states of consciousness is this...
Challenge your ego, do this as a practice, eventually you will know the difference between illusion and remembrance. This can help you sort it out a great deal.

Carmody
7th June 2011, 03:43
In short . . . yes.

I have experienced spirit contract via dreams. In some of these, I see through the spirit's own eyes as I witness his "story" from his own point of view. I see through his eyes, but know that I am not him. In others, I am an "innocent bystander", a third party witness as he tells his story.

I have also seen into my own past lives in the same manner . . . except in these I am me, but I look different. I have also seen people from my now life in these past life situations, and have recognized them even though they look completely different.

Carmody wrote:
::For example, my last recall was a decapitation, where I aided the occupant of the avatar into accessing the afterlife, by calming their emotional and mental state. In order to do that, I had to be with them, inside of them, when they died. ::

Holy sheep. I do this. Often. See through the eyes of others who have experienced some very traumatic "endings". It isn't pretty, it isn't fun, and often leaves me shaking from internalizing that energy. (We humans can be so very nasty to each other, ugh!) I have often wondered why me. . . but the only thing I could come up with was that it was important for them, in some way, to have someone know what they went through during their darkest moments, to have someone understand their pain, their trauma. It is gut-wrenching, and sometimes quite terrifying, but . . . feels necessary.

Oh! I forgot to add. I have had confirmation and validation of these dreams as being more than just dreams, as having basis in "factual reality."

OK. then some clarification may be in order. It may be that you are doing the same 'job'. When people die, the system seems to be helping some of those who are enduring a difficult passing... to help them make it back.

In our spiritual form, we are more, shall we say..'complete' and thus our fears are not real, those are human body things. But if those moments get reflected back into our given avatar, this 'bleed through' may cause complications, for the avatar.

In given complex and difficult and specifically UNEXPECTED death....The avatar, being joined to the soul, this colors the souls passage and thus we can (the soul shard, or piece of soul that is experiencing the physical 3d life) get lost in a space we like to call 'purgatory' which is the dream space or dream astral realm. Our spiritual 'sandbox', so to speak, is one explanation or way of looking at it.

Thus: Evil Spirit. Ghost. Damaged goods... that may need some help shuffling out of this space. 'Out, dammed Spot!' (MacBeth)

The only thing that is important, is our love and compassion for the given soul who is having a difficult passage. This and our lack of fears, as we are in our higher form, this allows one to ease the passage of the given individual. The best place to catch them is to do it from the inside of them. Simple logic as a tactic.

Otherwise we find ourselves trying to chase them all over, er..uh..the dang place. It's big and it's black, as it is a creation space... so it starts with darkness and nothing else (from my recollection). We can and do create and dream within it.

People are leaving all the time and there is simply more souls than we can handle. It is a never ending job.

There are two books you might want to read

1) Micheal Bodine, "Growing up psychic: from skeptic to believer", which is pee yourself funny. It is the story of his life.

2)I'm trying to remember. I'll have to search the forum for any post i made with 'bodine' in it. her book should be listed as well. She is a 'spirit guide', and exorcist of sorts.

InTheBackground
7th June 2011, 04:12
OK. then some clarification may be in order. It may be that you are doing the same 'job'. When people die, the system seems to be helping some of those who are enduring a difficult passing... to help them make it back.

In our spiritual form, we are more, shall we say..'complete' and thus our fears are not real, those are human body things. But if those moments get reflected back into our given avatar, this 'bleed through' may cause complications, for the avatar.

In given complex and difficult and specifically UNEXPECTED death....The avatar, being joined to the soul, this colors the souls passage and thus we can (the soul shard, or piece of soul that is experiencing the physical 3d life) get lost in a space we like to call 'purgatory' which is the dream space or dream astral realm. Our spiritual 'sandbox', so to speak, is one explanation or way of looking at it.

Thus: Evil Spirit. Ghost. Damaged goods... that may need some help shuffling out of this space. 'Out, dammed Spot!' (MacBeth)

The only thing that is important, is our love and compassion for the given soul who is having a difficult passage. This and our lack of fears, as we are in our higher form, this allows one to ease the passage of the given individual. The best place to catch them is to do it from the inside of them. Simple logic as a tactic.

Otherwise we find ourselves trying to chase them all over, er..uh..the dang place. It's big and it's black, as it is a creation space... so it starts with darkness and nothing else (from my recollection). We can and do create and dream within it.

People are leaving all the time and there is simply more souls than we can handle. It is a never ending job.

Carmody, I am sitting here, speechless, because everything you are saying is resonating in a big way. I think you have just given me the gift of another small puzzle piece that I've been searching for for a good long while, and for that I thank you, deeply and utterly.

cheez_2806
7th June 2011, 04:21
Yes I have been in some one else's dream for a couple of times, she told me most of them we were being chased and targeted by an assassin or some type of monster...

Man~ dreaming is a really interesting topic, I don't dream much but I heard and read about how dreaming is good most of the times.

I've had only three dreams that I remember very clearly. One just yesterday night - I found a slug beneath my buttom and I pulled it off.

another one was a horror - This cat that was about to die to do some disease that would cause it much pain, so we decided to poison it to make death quicker then when it took the meal with poison, its skin turned bright yellow, loss all its fur and purple patches started to form. It was angry, I felt the pain. It then had eye contact with me, it was full of hatred and anger. Kind of felt like "why are you doing this to me" Then I woke because the eye contact scared the **** out of me....ToT....Turned on the light then looked at the time it was 4.44am this made me scared even more because in china, the number four is considered unlucky as 4 represents death. Then I saw three of them...damn...so I went to my parents room and slept.

Third one - I'm still interested in this one, I don't know where I could have been or who I have been in this dream. I remembered hearing that in within 7 days the planet will be destroyed by these large sink holes. Everything would just fall into these holes. The seventh day, I remembered that I was standing in the front porch of the old house, I saw this large hole form and was about to suck in the large AFL football field and everyone who was in there watching the games....it ends here and I didn't see what happened to me.

Carmody
7th June 2011, 04:27
Carmody, I am sitting here, speechless, because everything you are saying is resonating in a big way. I think you have just given me the gift of another small puzzle piece that I've been searching for for a good long while, and for that I thank you, deeply and utterly.

And a song came to mind. A song about the human condition. Wanting. More. 'And I need all the Love that I can't get to." Part of our solution, part of our problem. Drive is the need, drive is the device, drive is the desire, drive is the point. A million ways to say it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDuW3NvjqJY&feature=related

(I was listening to it when I read your post.)(for some reason I ended up looking at their stuff due to an earlier posting).

and this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuezNswtRfo&feature=related

Look up the lyrics for both. Oddly spiritual, it is.

"I hear the roar of the big machine......two worlds and in-between"

I'm not usually a rocker.... but I have a soft spot for their music.

DNA
7th June 2011, 04:46
I was a female zombie in a dream I had not very long ago. Specifically,,,,,I was Juliette Lewis.
I'm a guy by the way.
The dream was pretty cool.
I was considered a HYBRID zombie,,,,I was a zombie,,,and yet,,,,I retained my intelligence.
Throughout the dream I was being hunted by zombie killing humans,,,and I still had to run from zombies who might eat me.
In the dream I had a boy freind,,,and,,,siince being a hybrid zombie is kind of lonely,,,,I sought him out,,,had to kind of hunt him down really,,,he wanted no part of me since I was a zombie.
But,,,,,I after I bit him,,,and explained to him it wasn't so bad,,,,,,,,,he got on board. :)

red_rose
7th June 2011, 09:10
The greater reason I don't want to bring the thread up, is that it can and does incite fear in the given reader, and this causes the ego function to push hard to keep all fears alive and the ego firmly in charge of the body.

Thus, one is using their fears to hold reality off and lives in a negative casting of their attempts to clear their ego out. Out of being in control. Fears.... allow for this externalization. the problem is inside of us, individually.

Fear can and does keep a person from working on their ego as the fear is FROM the ego - it does not want to be sublimated or eradicated.

The thread I'm speaking of....can cause people to wander off into all kinds of directions, many to most of those directions..are filled with fears.

Hence the danger of that thread.

First we need to learn to ride a bicycle in nice sunny bird chirping flowery fields. That thread, it is...... er.....uhm....'war', in some ways. As above, so below....

It is the deep end of the pool.

Thanks Carmody, I'll look at the thread at my own peril :)

I think the reason your statement interested me is that I used to suffer a lot of nightmares, demonic in nature. They felt lucid and real, I would scream in the dream "wake up" and would wake up screaming the same words .......bbbbrrrrrrrrrrrr...........heeeby jeeeeebies.

A few years back I was initiated into the Reiki energy system. After practising everyday I managed to bring the healing with me into the dream realm. Whenever anything demonic or dark would occur, somehow I would keep my head together and start a healing on the demon. I'm not kidding, almost instantly it would be gone. The place would feel like spring time.

Anyway, this kept happening until a point it stopped happening to 'me'. In my dream I would meet people that needed rescuing from demonic energy. I would join hands with them, give them the confidence to drop the 'fear', and join me in using the reiki symbols and focus......poooof....the demon was gone.

Now, if anything happens in the dream world of a dark nature, just as I'm about to think about the 'light' the demon runs away instantly.

Carmody - do you have support? Do you have someone to talk this through with and feel safe and grounded? Are you overwhelmed, or in control? I trust that you are.

I may go and look at your past thread, it's daytime hear and the birds are singing :)

in thanks,

red_rose

DNA
7th June 2011, 09:31
In short . . . yes.

Carmody wrote:

Good stuff there Chap. :)
Keep it coming.

MoSh187
7th June 2011, 14:11
The other night I had a dream about Kerry Cassidy from project camelot

Kerry building a house.

I'm in a post 2012 world. Many people are frustrated with the Draconian control over money... not being able to buy anything unless they are chipped etc. And they begin opting out of the system. People just take government owned land and grow gardens and build houses there. Communities based on Barter systems are forming.

I am flying towards Kerry Cassidy from project camelot with a large metal beam in my arms. I place it at her house which is under construction. I see her and I give her the beam and she trades me something else for it but I can't remember. Since the house only so far consists of steel beams I decide to do some monkey climbing. I walking on top of one of the beams and I notice that Sam is also in the house. She's looking down and depressed with her hood covering her face. I just walk past her.

Martin
7th June 2011, 14:17
I many of my dreams I do switch back and forth between a variety of different "characters".

MfG

Martin

Jake
7th June 2011, 19:21

This happens to me somewhat frequently, though not while lucid.

(Jake's gonna have a field day with this comment!) The two times I've been out of my body were similar to this. The 2nd one more so as I was a good deal away from my body (~10 feet) watching myself.

HA! You are right, again. "I foresee you becoming a very powerful Jedi" :p I have been moving and have not been able to log in to Avalon. This is my first post since i was able to log back in. I cannot sit out of a conversation like this one. Lucid dreaming and OBE are my passion. I have an entire chapter in meebook that addresses much of the dreaming minds 'take' on things. I believe the dreaming environment to be closer to the non-physical/astral environment than we have ever given credit. We are all connected to the dream-scape. There is only one dream, via different perspectives. Many dreams are OBEs that we are experiencing as dreams. And (from my experience) OBEs and astral projection are the playground that ALL higher sentient life have mastered. It is also our birthright. The way in which our dreaming mind thinks (abstracts, archetypes etc...) is closer to the way many non-physical beings think and interact on an 'everyday' level. We are being mentored through the astral by the most insanely smart and wise beings that we could ever imagine. There is an astral 'school', if you like, that we are a part of. Benevolent beings are teaching us how to manipulate the astral, and many dreams (Lucid or not) are dream-state-lessons. And many of these DSLs are memories of OBEs that we are remembering via the dream-states.

Consider the following: Quotes from 'The Book of Jacob'.

"There is an entire spectrum of levels of lucidity when it comes to dreaming. There is an intimate relationship between the sleeping mind, the waking mind, and the dreaming mind. All are aspects of our consciousness but carry different elements of the whole. When you are dreaming, your dreaming mind is in control of the dream imagery and ‘you’ are just along for the ride. The waking mind has the ability at any time to grab the reins but the ‘dreamer’ is mainly in control of dream imagery. Usually the vivid nature of dreams has to do with the dreaming mind being ‘animated’ by the waking mind, which in and of itself is a lucid style dream. This ‘animation’ by the waking mind is instantaneous and natural. The dream will become less ‘groggy’ or ‘dense’ or ‘slow’ and your ability to think and reason becomes less ‘tied down’ by the dreaming mind. When the waking mind animates the dreaming mind there is a strange transfer of energy. Our waking minds do not tend to see things in the same manner as the dreaming mind. The dreaming mind will always be viewing larger, more abstract conceptions of what it is that we understand. The more lucid we become the more the dreaming mind is forced to step aside, and allow for a more linear understanding of the dream-states. This is why we are able to remember some dreams very easily, and others we have to really struggle to remember anything at all."

"Different aspects of our conscious design are responsible for different controls to our existence. Which means, the dreaming mind has a responsibility to dream, and the waking mind has a responsibility to discover! This creates an endless conflict between the waking/dreaming minds. I have countless journal entries that refer to this strange awareness conflict. Dream imagery is dense and heavy. Lucid dreams are not. When lucid dreaming, we can think and understand things in the same manner as we do when we are awake. As the number of lucid dream experiences increase we begin to see the normal dream imagery as somewhat of a ‘puppet show’ compared to the new dreaming environment. When I am lucid in a dream, I almost always come across the less lucid dream imagery and abstracts, and I avoid them. Other times there is no avoiding them and they will ‘take over’ the dream, and kick my waking mind ‘out’. Often times, I can see them coming and try and fight them. They come crashing in, repeating, like waves. Sometimes I know that I cannot fight them and try my best to observe as they flood my mind. Other times I can sense that the dream imagery has abandoned my mind, which seems to create a vacuum that forces/enables my waking mind to engage the dream-state environment(s). Again, there is a strange transfer of energy as your mind fluctuates between dream and awake. It has to do with levels of awareness and lucidity."

"There is another aspect of our consciousness that I have to talk about before I continue. That is the ‘sleeping mind’. The sleeping mind is that part of our consciousness that is hardest to break through to because it is always hiding opposite of your waking mind. Your waking mind is your lucid conscious awareness. Your dreaming mind is that portion that is always dreaming/abstracting, wondering around (seemingly) your mind experiencing the same things through ‘filter-less’ channels that your waking mind will not understand. The sleeping mind is the part of you that is actually in control. Our waking minds will not fully accept this. You could call the sleeping mind the super-conscious, the sub-conscious, or the higher self. Again, the sleeping mind interacts opposite the waking mind, and therefore is seemingly invisible to our knowing. The truth is that the sleeping mind is in control of both the dreaming mind and the waking mind. It is your true self. Try to look at consciousness as a ladder, the dreaming mind at the bottom, and the sleeping mind at the top. You cannot look up the ladder from the bottom, but you can look down the ladder from the top. Your sleeping mind is aware of every aspect of your existence all of the way down the ladder, but your waking mind is barely aware of a higher self. Your sleeping mind is trying desperately to get you (waking mind) to understand and become aware of what it takes to get to the top of the ladder, even though our waking minds are blind to what is further up the ladder. Think of the sleeping mind as the puppet master behind the puppet show that is our understanding of the universe. This puppet master is actually trying to teach us something, but it is not sure how to do it. Imagine if all of the sudden your big toe on your right foot suddenly became ‘aware’ of its existence, and is trying so hard to understand that is causing pain in your foot! You would do everything that you could to try and help your toe understand the true nature of its existence."

" I am claiming that most every recurring dream is a dream-state lesson from your higher self. It may be true of every dream; every LD, every DSL, and every OBE are lessons from our higher selves and/or non-physical, astral beings. And the ultimate lesson being that we are more than our human bodies and that our waking conscious mind is actually a very limited version of our true selves. Somehow, I am perfectly okay with that. Not to borrow from Frank Herbert, but through your waking/dreaming minds, “The Sleeper Must Awaken!”"

ps.. I love seeing 3 light warriors commenting in the same post. Brings a big smile to my face.

Miller
7th June 2011, 20:13
No, I'm always me but I have very vivid surreal dreams like ....... not going to bore you with the story but I went into somebody's bedroom and the bottom of their bed opened up into an escalator (elevator US) and all of it was made of the most exquisitely designed marquetry you could ever imagine and all the fixings were made of gold. The lights were on the end of huge columns of marble and the elevator just glided down without hardly a sound. It could not have been from my own brain.

In another I saw a mobile (like in a baby's room) of little horses and zebras and when I looked closely they were all real, galloping round and round in a tiny roundabout, no more than half an inch high. I looked up to see a hooded priest beckon to the windows, which looked like something out of Bedrock and as I got nearer I realised that the windows were huge eyeballs and that I was inside a giant skull. It wasn't frightening at all, although i never understood the message. But I reiterate that most of my dreams are about nothing I have ever seen in real life ...... and I love dreaming them. I consider myself blessed ............

Oh, and PS: I'm not 'on' anything either ............. lol

Autumn
7th June 2011, 20:51
When my twin sister and I still lived at home I would sometimes have a nightmare and wake up and then go into her room and wake her up. And she would thank me for comming so soon. This happened many times - she would call me into her dreams so I could get her out and when we discussed the dreams they were the same.

I have often dreams of being someone else, most often a man (I'm female) and I always feel whole in those dreams.