PDA

View Full Version : Is your skype on a one way ticket to cactus city?

Lord Sidious
7th June 2011, 11:56
Don't panic avalonuggets, it seems to be a lot of us.
They are working on it.
Anyone on here still logged into skype?

http://heartbeat.skype.com/2011/06/problems_signing_in_to_skype_f.html

Watching from Cyprus
7th June 2011, 11:59
Hey Sidious, i was just thinking about it. had message that skype has stopped working and i cannot log in. i was not logged in to Avalon but was listening to Alex Jones from last night . have a feeling the bastards are spying on me... @#$##%$#%
They are working on it.

http://heartbeat.skype.com/2011/06/problems_signing_in_to_skype_f.html

jjl
7th June 2011, 12:00
yeah my skype is down too.

Lord Sidious
7th June 2011, 12:01
I thought it was just me before.

jjl
7th June 2011, 12:02
Nope, think it knocked us both off.

pickle
7th June 2011, 12:15
We were Skypeless Beings here... came back on just after 1pm Lancaster time ;-)

Lord Sidious
7th June 2011, 12:16
What I would like, is anyone who can log in, let us know by posting here on the thread.
Then the rest of us can test our own skype.
Thanks avalonuggets.

pickle
7th June 2011, 12:30
Spoke too soon - it's off again, and the same with our office in China.

jozam
7th June 2011, 12:35
my skype isnt working either:confused:

John Parslow
7th June 2011, 12:36
Hi Rob

They are working on it.

My Skype off line too, so I ran it from programs and no-one is showing on line then it immediately crashed ...

All the best. JP :cool:

astrid
7th June 2011, 12:37
im still on there Sid, no issues for me.

But a few of my contacts got knocked off.

ktlight
7th June 2011, 12:42
What I would like, is anyone who can log in, let us know by posting here on the thread.
Then the rest of us can test our own skype.
Thanks avalonuggets.

Mine's okay.

Lord Sidious
7th June 2011, 12:45
Interesting.
Oh well, a wait and see game it is then.

ViralSpiral
7th June 2011, 12:45
Germany is skyping to South Africa as we "speak" :)
some usual suspects (a.k.a friends) who are usually on, are off.....

Darla Ken Pearce
7th June 2011, 13:02
Oh, thank goodness! My SKYPE is off, too. I believe there may be time for a nap. Oh, I am whisperingsong ; ) xoxoxox

ulli
7th June 2011, 13:41
My skype is on but all my contacts seem to be offline

ulli
7th June 2011, 13:48
I'm figuring since Microsoft bought Skype recently ...from Ebay I think, but there may have been another owner in between
Anyway the newest owner is Microsoft and they are probably working on installing tons of new software to give us plenty of payment options for what used to be a free service

Sorry for sounding negative, but billion dollar takeovers usually focus initially on what benefits the new owners....
Part of their survival strategy

sshenry
7th June 2011, 14:57
Mine connected all by itself. O_o

I was working offline and it popped up on my screen and connected itself without any by-you-leave (I always log out when I stop using it).

Of course after it had popped up and connected it wanted me to update it (approve updates).

9eagle9
7th June 2011, 15:00
YEA, I get the day off from work!

Oh I mean...I'm sorry to hear skype is down, I just tried to log in and it won't let me.

sshenry
7th June 2011, 15:01
Mine connected all by itself. O_o

I was working offline and it popped up on my screen and connected itself without any by-you-leave (I always log out when I stop using it).

Of course after it had popped up and connected it wanted me to update it (approve updates).

Check that - after it updated it gave me a page that said "skype has stopped working" :p

Lord Sidious
7th June 2011, 15:03
Mine keeps coming up saying Disk I/O error.
Is that what you guys got?

John Parslow
7th June 2011, 15:14
Hi Rob

Just sent you an off line message while my Skype is working but no contacts shown online. All the best. JP:cool:

SKAWF
7th June 2011, 15:21
whenever i load a thread page or something,
at the bottom of my screen it says logging on to skype status or some such,
i dont have skype!!!
any idea's why it would say that?

steve

Lord Sidious
7th June 2011, 15:24
whenever i load a thread page or something,
at the bottom of my screen it says logging on to skype status or some such,
i dont have skype!!!
any idea's why it would say that?

steve

Have a look at Johns little part of the forum above you.
See the skype symbol?
That is what you see, it is checking to see who is online and who isn't to update that on the page.

Arpheus
7th June 2011, 15:27
I just logged on to my skype and then it knocked me offline 2 secs after hmmmmm

TWINCANS
7th June 2011, 15:28
We crashed yesterday late afternoon and so did our uk convo.

This was posted onlin 3 hrs ago from The Telegraph in uk.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/microsoft/8561453/Skype-crashes-again.html

Cjay
7th June 2011, 15:36
My Skype crashed about the time Sid started this thread. I did't think anything of it until I read this thread. I re-started Skype. It seemed ok, at first but about a minute later, it crashed again. BTW, my Skype did an auto-magic self update yesterday. Very curious coincidence. Google is showing many reports of this problem.

On a different note, I was warned by a friend several months ago that Skype is about as secure as a wet paper bag and is being used by TPTW for spying. But is it Skype or is it that ALL calls are monitored? I don't let it concern me because I'm sure they have more important things to do than spy on me.

Lord Sidious
7th June 2011, 15:41
My Skype crashed about the time Sid started this thread. I did't think anything of it until I read this thread. I re-started Skype. It seemed ok, at first but about a minute later, it crashed again. BTW, my Skype did an auto-magic self update yesterday. Very curious coincidence. Google is showing many reports of this problem.

On a different note, I was warned by a friend several months ago that Skype is about as secure as a wet paper bag and is being used by TPTW for spying. But is it Skype or is it that ALL calls are monitored? I don't let it concern me because I'm sure they have more important things to do than spy on me.

Any form of electronic communication is monitored.

TWINCANS
7th June 2011, 15:42

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/microsoft/8561453/Skype-crashes-again.html

OK, sorry it was oovoo that we had trouble with yesterday. It needed a reboot but finally worked.

Today our skype is actually working. I left it for a while (5-10minutes) to repost and it does seem to be working.

Does everyone use oovoo too?

Lord Sidious
7th June 2011, 15:44

OK, sorry it was oovoo that we had trouble with yesterday. It needed a reboot but finally worked.

Today our skype is actually working. I left it for a while (5-10minutes) to repost and it does seem to be working.

Never heard of it before.

TWINCANS
7th June 2011, 15:48

Never heard of it before.

It's just the same as skype only more mac-friendly. Just google for it - it's also free.

Lord Sidious
8th June 2011, 12:42
Mine keeps coming up saying Disk I/O error.
Is that what you guys got?

Bump for an answer.

Cigan Mojia
8th June 2011, 13:31
Skype's what to do with a I/O error:
https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA10143/Why-do-I-get-a-Disk-I-O-error-when-I-try-to-sign-in-to-Skype;jsessionid=459D549E7231416216B236DF0DEE0C5B
... but you probably already did this.
Likely this has to do with the updates and/or the solar flares Sid.

Every form of conversation is assumably monitored to me, you must have fun with them every once in a while. Keep them on their toes.

Ulli... sad that conglomerations still thrive on avarice.... no?

astrid
8th June 2011, 14:20
My skype is lagging tonight, thats a first.

Lord Sidious
8th June 2011, 14:55
Skype's what to do with a I/O error:
https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA10143/Why-do-I-get-a-Disk-I-O-error-when-I-try-to-sign-in-to-Skype;jsessionid=459D549E7231416216B236DF0DEE0C5B
... but you probably already did this.
Likely this has to do with the updates and/or the solar flares Sid.

Every form of conversation is assumably monitored to me, you must have fun with them every once in a while. Keep them on their toes.

Ulli... sad that conglomerations still thrive on avarice.... no?

That worked, thanks man.

phillipbbg
8th June 2011, 18:02
My skype is just not working at all.... here is a link that may help to explain.
http://www.bigmouthmedia.com/live/articles/skype-falls-flat-for-the-second-time-in-two-weeks-.asp/7951/

Interesting that the problems have started since microsoft bought skype....Mmmm I suspect a little tinkering in the code may be the gremlin

Lord Sidious
8th June 2011, 19:07
My skype is just not working at all.... here is a link that may help to explain.
http://www.bigmouthmedia.com/live/articles/skype-falls-flat-for-the-second-time-in-two-weeks-.asp/7951/

Interesting that the problems have started since microsoft bought skype....Mmmm I suspect a little tinkering in the code may be the gremlin

Mine is working now, try the link that was provided to me.

Cigan Mojia
9th June 2011, 00:35
Glad to be of service.

OnyxKnight
9th June 2011, 00:46
Is everything okay now?