PDA

View Full Version : Updates: The Great Gathering, Hopi & Other Indigenous People

happytobe
19th May 2010, 23:30
Update on The Hopi -- Progressives -vs- Traditionalists -- and what it means for the world...

Miriam Delicado was interviewed on The Great Gathering Radio on Monday, May 17, 2010, by Host Helen Nada, and the Archived show is available at http://spiritquestradio.com (Click on the "Hosts/Archives" Tab on the Home Page, then Click on The Great Gathering "Logo", then scroll UP to the May 17th listing and Click again.) A lot is happening in Hopi and it appears that the Progressives are attempting to bypass the protections given the Traditionalists in the Hopi Constitution.

It has been said that "the Hopi are a microcosm of the world" and that "however the Hopi society goes, so does the rest of our global society". These phrases are correct in my view, because the Universe is a hologram and each part contains and affects the whole:

"To understand visually how the universe is truly a hologram, a math professor at Yale University developed a formula that is plugged into a computer program. Named after him, the Mandelbrot Set shows a seemingly disorganized pattern. But no matter how far you zoom into the design, you will always find the same pattern within the whole pattern. Each fractal, when broken down infinitely, will always reflect the whole. When one fractal changes its pattern, the sum total of the whole pattern changes along with it."
-From "Estoteric Agenda", Part 13, at about 9:21 Mins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip8o_aCv5uw

What is true for the Hopi is true for the the rest of us -- as we change internally the world around us changes -- but the difference is that the traditional Hopi have been focused on their inner connection to the Universe and living in balance and harmony with nature for their whole lives and for many-many generations. The immediate significance of changes in Hopi is therefore greater. The Hopi are a bellweather for the rest of us.

I believe we will be hearing from Miriam about events in Hopi in upcoming episodes on The Great Gathering Radio, so stay tuned. My impression is that she may be on next Monday, May 24, 2010 (a good opportunity to call in or log into the chat room and ask her any questions you may have).

Grizzom
20th May 2010, 12:39
I think most of the tribes are making much "Wampum" riding the 2012 train.

Seems to me every time someone starts yelling the sky is falling the injins join in and claim they predicted it first.

Can't really blame em for making a little cash screwing over "The dumb f-cking white men"! (As they call us) :p

I like the post and have no idea why more people aren't leaving reply's?

Keep up the good work. ;)

Here's a great video series on the subject.

They were taken in 1986 at an elementary school. I found it very weird to watch it 24 years later and see how much the world had changed. I'll bet the man is still alive. He can definitely understand it now better than in 1986. :loco:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzjgL8YAmN4&playnext_from=TL&videos=SgQ3bYMy6mM

Part (2 - 5) here:http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Hopi+prophecy+2012+Rare+video&aq=f

The following was taken from a description from the 5th video in the list:

The Hopi maintain a complex religious and mythological tradition stretching back over centuries. However, it is difficult to definitively state what all Hopis as a group believe. Like the oral traditions of many other societies, Hopi mythology is not always told consistently and each Hopi mesa, or even each village, may have its own version of a particular story. But, "in essence the variants of the Hopi myth bear marked similarity to one another." It is also not clear that those stories which are told to non-Hopis, such as anthropologists and ethnographers, represent genuine Hopi beliefs or are merely stories told to the curious while keeping safe the Hopi's more sacred doctrines. As folklorist Harold Courlander states, "there is a Hopi reticence about discussing matters that could be considered ritual secrets or religion-oriented traditions." David Roberts continues that "the secrecy that lies at the heart of Puebloan [including Hopi] life...long predates European contact, forming an intrinsic feature of the culture." In addition, the Hopis have always been willing to assimilate foreign religious ideas into their cosmology if they are proven effective for such practical necessities as bringing rain. As such, it is important to note that the Hopi had at least some contact with Europeans beginning the 16th century, and some believe that European Christian traditions may have entered into Hopi cosmology at some point. Indeed, Spanish missions were built in several Hopi villages starting in 1629 and were in operation until the Pueblo Revolt of 1680. However, after the revolt, it was the Hopi alone of all the Pueblo tribes who kept the Spanish out of their villages permanently, and regular contact with whites did not begin again until nearly two centuries later. The Hopi mesas have therefore been seen as "relatively unacculturated" at least through the early twentieth century, and it may be posited that the European influence on the core themes of Hopi mythology was slight.

happytobe
21st May 2010, 00:26
Grizzom, thank you for posting the video -- Excellent!

I have a friend, a woman I've known for almost 20 years who is highly psychic. Her function is to balance energies (she does her work quietly, unknown to the public). So when I heard that the traditional Indigenous cultures like the Hopi keep the world in balance, it made sense to me.

The fact that The Powers-That-Be have made every effort to destroy these cultures, is an indication of their value to us. Any group that could help the human family to realize its Higher-Self, is a threat to their power.

Yona
24th May 2010, 12:24
I have only recently joined up to the forum again, after being on the old one. I am making my way around the forum and the subjects. I will be watching this video certainly and reading up on the Hopi

happytobe
26th May 2010, 17:32
Oil Apocalypse Foreseen By Credo Mutwa, Hopi Indians

http://beforeitsnews.com/news/45/275/Oil_Apocalypse_Foreseen_By_Credo_Mutwa,_Hopi_Indians.html

Here's the text and accompanying video posted by Zen Gardner (interesting name):

In a stunning revelation, Credo Mutwa is reported to have foretold the Gulf oil disaster four months before it happened. In a notice sent out from a conference he was addressing he implies a coming oil apocolypse before 2011. However, he would not elaborate, much to the frustration of the attendees.

Following is the message that was reportedly sent from the conference.

"Credo Mutwa apparently just now said half the world's population won't see 2011 at a gathering where I'm attending.
Some delegates have walked out because he didn't want to give an acceptable explanation, he just said " it's no asteroid, comet, plaque, ... just OIL."

The Hopi Prophecies Also Foresaw "The Sea Turning Black"

Famous for their accurate depiction of the damaging onslaught of "civilization" on their lands, the Hopi prophecies distinctly describe oil pollution of the seas. It is the seventh prediction in this poignant video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBRop2LHszA&feature=player_embedded

(end of article with video)

FYI, I found the above link on Miriam's bluestarprophecy.com site, posted by "TheLoneRanger", who has posted interesting Hopi-related info before. In one of his questions last October, 2009, he asked Miriam "if the Great Gathering would take place before or after The Great Shaking?"

"Miriam’s reply: Excellent question.

"The Great Gathering takes place BEFORE the Great Shaking. It was told to me by my contacts that humanity had the choice of coming together and by doing so could lessen any of the events that lay within our future.

"We have a choice to make as a species as to how we walk into the future. This time we are in right now is a phase of the Great Gathering and all of us need to be responsible. Just do the the best we can under the current conditions.

"Gatherings in the indigenous world have always happened and they are now changing because the world is in some ways being asked to join the circle.

"Love
Miriam"

http://www.bluestarprophecy.com/great-shaking-and-great-gathering

Comment: It seems to me that global disasters like the oil gusher in the Gulf and increased earthquake activity, may be contributing catalysts for The Great Gathering. But the Gathering should not take place out of "fear", rather as a necessity and means of change for the better. One of the messages Miriam received from her contacts was -- paraphrasing, that "when bad things happen, stay in the heart", as that will see us through.

Victoria Tintagel
28th May 2010, 05:46
Thanks Grizzom, for sharing these You Tube Hopi videos from 1986! I found them sort of by accident on You Tube and was, similir to your experience, amazed at the actuality of the message.
The man who is presenting here is radiating a natural authority and dedication, I like that very much. In contrast with the David Lettermans in the TV world, which are quite artificially in a bizarre way, as they are applauded for the weirdest comments, it's hilarious and full of empty air, in my not so humble opinion ( < ;

Tyler
28th May 2010, 08:25
Oil Apocalypse Foreseen By Credo Mutwa, Hopi Indians

http://beforeitsnews.com/news/45/275/Oil_Apocalypse_Foreseen_By_Credo_Mutwa,_Hopi_Indians.html

Here's the text and accompanying video posted by Zen Gardner (interesting name):

In a stunning revelation, Credo Mutwa is reported to have foretold the Gulf oil disaster four months before it happened. In a notice sent out from a conference he was addressing he implies a coming oil apocolypse before 2011. However, he would not elaborate, much to the frustration of the attendees.

Following is the message that was reportedly sent from the conference.

"Credo Mutwa apparently just now said half the world's population won't see 2011 at a gathering where I'm attending.
Some delegates have walked out because he didn't want to give an acceptable explanation, he just said " it's no asteroid, comet, plaque, ... just OIL."

The Hopi Prophecies Also Foresaw "The Sea Turning Black"

Famous for their accurate depiction of the damaging onslaught of "civilization" on their lands, the Hopi prophecies distinctly describe oil pollution of the seas. It is the seventh prediction in this poignant video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBRop2LHszA&feature=player_embedded

(end of article with video)

FYI, I found the above link on Miriam's bluestarprophecy.com site, posted by "TheLoneRanger", who has posted interesting Hopi-related info before. In one of his questions last October, 2009, he asked Miriam "if the Great Gathering would take place before or after The Great Shaking?"

"Miriam’s reply: Excellent question.

"The Great Gathering takes place BEFORE the Great Shaking. It was told to me by my contacts that humanity had the choice of coming together and by doing so could lessen any of the events that lay within our future.

"We have a choice to make as a species as to how we walk into the future. This time we are in right now is a phase of the Great Gathering and all of us need to be responsible. Just do the the best we can under the current conditions.

"Gatherings in the indigenous world have always happened and they are now changing because the world is in some ways being asked to join the circle.

"Love
Miriam"

http://www.bluestarprophecy.com/great-shaking-and-great-gathering

Comment: It seems to me that global disasters like the oil gusher in the Gulf and increased earthquake activity, may be contributing catalysts for The Great Gathering. But the Gathering should not take place out of "fear", rather as a necessity and means of change for the better. One of the messages Miriam received from her contacts was -- paraphrasing, that "when bad things happen, stay in the heart", as that will see us through.

Excellent post, this article from SOTT gives a report about how this may be quite the case of biomagnification:
http://www.sott.net/articles/show/209378-Is-It-Raining-Oil-In-Florida-This-Is-Just-The-Beginning

Also, evidence that while oil companies have found ways to drill deeper / drill in deep ocean (increasing risks), they have not improved disaster prevention measures proportionally:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHmhxpQEGPo&feature=player_embedded#!

Yona
5th June 2010, 12:41
Have just watched all five Hopi videos,such a joy and peaceful words from a lovely man.

happytobe
6th June 2010, 03:57
Arhuaco Message to Humanity, Monsanto

These videos are from Miriam Delicado's recent visit to the Sierra Nevada Mountains in Colombia, South America. In the first video, four members of the Arhuaco tribe talk about the importance of connecting to Mother Earth and call on all humanity, especially their indigenous brothers and sisters, to come together at this time of great strife in the world.

One of the Mamos in the initial video says that the "Mon" in Mon-santo, derives from their word "Mang", which means "blood and death".. and "Santo means the... it's like the profanation, the death of nature."

Arhuaco Message to Humanity, Monsanto - 10:28 Min.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44u9W657LLc&feature=player_embedded#at=11

Arhuaco Invitation And Garden Tour, Colombia Sierra Nevada, Monsanto - 8:15 Min.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0WO3j4Ms64&feature=player_embedded

Note:

"In Colombia, Monsanto has received upwards of $25 million from the US government for providing Roundup Ultra in the antidrug fumigation efforts of Plan Colombia. Roundup Ultra is a highly concentrated version of Monsanto's glyphosate herbicide, with additional ingredients to increase its lethality. Colombian communities and human rights organizations have charged that the herbicide has destroyed food crops, water sources and protected areas, and has led to increased incidents of birth defects and cancers."
From the following article about Haitian Farmers and their response to Monsanto:
http://www.truthout.org/haitian-farmers-commit-burning-monsanto-hybrid-seeds59616

happytobe
22nd June 2010, 02:49
The Great Gathering Radio has been cancelled until the new website is up and running -- http://www.thegreatgathering.org

The Radio Show WILL Be Back!

Lost Soul
26th June 2010, 15:35
BTW, there's also supposed to be a great gathering in 2012 in Peru.

Solphilos
26th June 2010, 17:08
Update on The Hopi -- Progressives -vs- Traditionalists -- and what it means for the world...

It has been said that "the Hopi are a microcosm of the world" and that "however the Hopi society goes, so does the rest of our global society". These phrases are correct in my view, because the Universe is a hologram and each part contains and affects the whole:

While it is true that our universe is holographic in nature, it is not as simple as saying that the Hopi have such influence on the world. The Hopi represent but a tiny fraction of the worlds population, and the sense of elitism placed on them by wacked-out nut-cases such as Miriam Delicado is ridiculous.
All human beings on this planet are Microcosms of the Macrocosm, and as such, we all participate in the shaping of our collective reality.

onawah
26th June 2010, 19:10
In Drunvalo Melchizedek's video The Maya of Eternal Time,
http://www.vimeo.com/7283576
he relates much about his experiences with Don Alejandro, the head of all the South American Maya tribes, and Hunbatz Men, one of the main leaders of the Mexican Maya tribes, both of whom he studied with and was invited to perform important sacred ceremonies with. He was told by a Hopi historian that the Hopis were originally Mayans who were instructed to move from Guatemala to North America. ( About 50 minutes into the video.)
I have posted a thread about this video but no one has commented on it, which surprises me a lot. ( I just noticed it's gone from youtube now, so perhaps that's why, because it's the only link I gave on that thread, which I will correct.)
It's from last year, so perhaps I missed a discussion that took place then, but even so, I think this video is one of the most important ones I have seen in a long time.
He also touches on, among many other subjects, the Mayan prophecies about the oceans turning black, the birds and fish covered with this black stuff and dying, and about the Star Elders returning to Earth in their discs from the sky. (He said they would not talk about the coming of the "red star" with him, but he thinks they will at some point.) He discusses how the Comet Holmes which exploded and created a huge blue sphere in the sky in October 2007, was decided must be the "Blue Kachina" the Hopis predicted would mark the beginning of the "end of time" window, which he said could extend even beyond 2015. December 2012 is not that significant a date to them, apparently.

happytobe
26th June 2010, 22:49
Solphilos,

Your opinion is as-it-is, but I wish you had quoted me in the contest of your critique. I agree we are all a microcosm and stated as much, but some of us -- including certain groups -- have more influences that others, and I explained the distinction as follows:

. . .

What is true for the Hopi is true for the the rest of us -- as we change internally the world around us changes -- but the difference is that the traditional Hopi have been focused on their inner connection to the Universe and living in balance and harmony with nature for their whole lives and for many-many generations. The immediate significance of changes in Hopi is therefore greater. The Hopi are a bellweather for the rest of us.
. . .

Solphilos
26th June 2010, 23:07
Solphilos,

Your opinion is as-it-is, but I wish you had quoted me in the contest of your critique. I agree we are all a microcosm and stated as much, but some of us -- including certain groups -- have more influences that others, and I explained the distinction as follows:

Even with the rest of the quote, it's all the same. This is still an unfounded assumption that the Hopi are somehow special and have more influence than the rest of the world. There is no proof or reason to believe such an outrageous statement. This is not my opinion, it is what it is. There is, however, overwhelming evidence that certain groups of individuals have major influence, and it is those very groups that are controlling the world today. They cause change in the world not because they are a special minority, but they have knowledge that allows them to steer the reigns of other peoples consciousness.
If the Hopi have the ability to influence the rest of the world, then why haven't they done so before? The Hopi has no power to change the world in themselves, all they can do is spread a message, and if others choose to accept this, then it is up to them.

happytobe
27th June 2010, 00:23
In Lak'ech Ala K'in

happytobe
1st July 2010, 04:20
Excerpts from 2-Books on the Hopi -- and -- A SPECULATION on an ET Connection (See Comment)

From "The Book of the Hopi" (originally published in 1963) by Frank Waters:

'Today, more than a half-century later, almost every Hopi ceremony has been reported with painstaking accuracy by a host of professional observers. Yet their studies are limited to minute exoteric descriptions of ritual paraphernalia and how they are used. The esoteric meanings and functions of the ceremonies themselves have remained virtually unknown. This is not wholly due to traditional Hopi secrecy. Professional scientific observers themselves have never granted validity to those aspects of Hopi ceremonialism that border this sixth-sense realm of mysticism. Indeed the rationalism of all the Western world vehemently refutes anything that smacks of the unknown or "occult." Hence Hopi belief and ceremonialism have been dismissed as the crude folklore and erotic pratices of a decadent tribe of primative Indians which have no relationship to the enlightened tenets of modern civilization.

'... For they speak not as a defeated little minority in the richest and most powerful nation on earth, but with the voice of all that world commonwealth of peoples who affirm their right to grow from their own native roots. They evoke old gods shaped by instincts we have long repressed. They reassert a rhythm of life we have disasterously tried to ignore. They remind us we must attune ourselves to the need for inner change if we are to avert a cataclysmic rupture between our minds and hearts. Now, if ever, is the time for them to talk, for us to listen.' (Introduction, Page X)

"There is no such thing as a little country. The greatness of a people is no more determined by their number than the greatness of a man is determined by his height."
-Victor Hugo (Quoted at the beginning of "The Book of the Hopi")

From "The Hopi Survival Kit" (1997), by Thomas E. Mails:

DEDICATION Page:

"To all the Traditionalists who for nearly a thousand years preserved the message from the Creator that will enable the planet and us to survive"

An exerpt from Chapter 1, Pages 1 & 2:

"Techqua Ikachi! is the creed of the Hopi Traditionalists. In its English translation, what it means is "blending with the land and celebrating life." The traditionalists' aim has always been to achieve this for themselves and everyone else in the world. About A.D. 1100 the way to accomplish it was given to them by Maasaw, the awesome Guardian of the Earth. For the next 750 years, the people blended and celebrated, living in peace and happiness through a Spanish intrusion that lasted for 140 years, through most of the normal problems human beings face in life. With this impressive reputation, the Hopi are broadly known today as the peaceful people, and outsiders living in a world beset with turmoil have often wondered how they achieved it. It was only as this present century began that the Hopi situation changed. As the White government steadfastly turned the people away from Maasaw's teachings, peace and happiness was turned away with it, and doing what was necessary to achieve the Hopi aim for the rest of the world was frustrated as well. ..." [Emphasis added]

Comment: The Hopi refer to Maasaw as the "Guardian of the Earth" (Highlighted above). Miriam Delicado has referred to the Tall Blond Aliens as the "Caretakers of the Earth" (that they said they were). My SPECULATION is that the similar responsibilies of a "Guardian" and a "Caretaker" ... of the Earth, implies a connection; that Maasaw is an ET and likely a Tall Blond ET.

happytobe
20th July 2010, 23:38
Update on The Great Gathering

Link to Feature Posting for July 20, 2010, on the status of the new website, volunteers, and more:

http://www.bluestarprophecy.com/update-on-the-great-gathering

Bauzer
22nd July 2010, 03:44

"To understand visually how the universe is truly a hologram, a math professor at Yale University developed a formula that is plugged into a computer program. Named after him, the Mandelbrot Set shows a seemingly disorganized pattern. But no matter how far you zoom into the design, you will always find the same pattern within the whole pattern. Each fractal, when broken down infinitely, will always reflect the whole. When one fractal changes its pattern, the sum total of the whole pattern changes along with it."
-From "Estoteric Agenda", Part 13, at about 9:21 Mins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip8o_aCv5uw

This made me think of the book ' The Holographic Universe'. Which if any of you haven't read it, should certainly check it out, its a great read.

happytobe
26th July 2010, 17:50
My thoughts on the TIMING of The Great Gathering

To my knowledge, Miriam Delicado began talking about The Great Gathering publicly in her September, 2009 presentation at the Project Camelot "Awake & Aware Conference" in Los Angeles; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0o-qj8iCJY However, there is a hint of the Gathering in her book "Blue Star Fulfilling Prophecy", released in November, 2007, at Page 87; "...I must begin my work, the work they asked me to do long ago, to tell others of them and to begin the gathering." -- and on the last page of her book, Page 197, there is another reference to the "gathering" in connection with the role of the Hopi.

As for the TIMING of the Gathering, the first suggestion I am aware of was by Kerry Cassidy in a discussion between Kerry & Miriam at the November, 2009 "Alienshift Event", also in L.A.; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGYfdKmYwPw Kerry mentioned "September, 2010", but no specific date has yet to be chosen for the Gathering.

My information, independent of Miriam, is that The Great Gathering is an energy, the energy of humanity, and that the Gathering will happen when humanity is ready -- that "it will happen!" As of late the energy has been "up and down". Miriam's role as I see it, is to facilitate the Gathering, and from what I hear about the work on the new website, it will be perfect for not only the initial Gathering event, but the continuing Great Gathering movement.

As of the present, "September, 2010" seems too soon, but later this year is certainly possible. A lot can happen in a short period of time.

In closing, if it is understood that humanity has been ruled on the bases of "Divide & Conquer", then the coming together of humanity represents a unifying and healing event we should all embrace. The sooner this happens, the better, IMO.

happytobe
9th September 2010, 23:35
Two Items, FYI:

Launch Date - New Great Gathering Website - End of September/Early October

From the temporary home page at http://thegreatgathering.org ...

'We would like to thank you all for your patience as we complete the NEW website for “The Great Gathering.” A small team has been working daily on the creation of the site and we now have a projected launch date near the end of September early October. This will be a detailed site that will bring a world community together for direct interaction and allow for our voices to speak to the world.'

http://www.thegreatgathering.org/images/tggScreenShot.jpg

(Note: I'll do a posting when the new site is up-and-running.)

Earth out of Balance: Barbara Three Crow: Colombian Mamos

Here's the link to the message posted on Miriam Delicado's Blue Star website...

http://www.bluestarprophecy.com/earth-out-of-balance-barbara-three-crow-colombian-mamos

happytobe
18th October 2010, 01:51
The Silent Majority of Hopi and how you can help

http://www.bluestarprophecy.com/the-silent-majority-of-hopi-and-how-you-can-help

Please watch the YouTube video by the Hopi Silent Majority posted on the above link and read the "Censored News" article.

What is being asked for is -- light! At about 14:34 Minutes into the video is the following quote:

"The best weapon of a dictatorship is secrecy, but the best weapon of a democracy should be the weapon of openness." -Niels Bohr

Lost Soul
18th October 2010, 04:07
I wonder what's with the censoring at that meeting?

Snowbird
18th October 2010, 21:50
I wonder what's with the censoring at that meeting?

From the looks of it, Hopi Chairman Leroy Shingotewa is a plant into the Hopi council to force out the traditional ways and cancel out their tribal constitution so that the coal mining can begin on Hopi land. It is simply too obvious that he and possibly others are being paid off or they are truly not of Hopi origin.

happytobe
2nd November 2010, 12:28
Hopi and a Proposed Constitution that will End the Hopi Way of Life
From Miriam Delicado's November 1, 2010 posting on her website...
http://www.bluestarprophecy.com/hopi-and-a-proposed-constitution-that-will-end-the-hopi-way-of-life

Who are the Hopi? Why are they so important? What great secrets do they hold? Why are they important to YOU?

What effect do the Hopi have on the world, on life itself? Why have they remained silent regarding their knowledge of the Sacred? So many questions that could fill books and books all seeking something… that people from around the world want to know… want to learn.. want to understand.

The Hopi people are the most talked about, written about, studied, and sought after tribes in the world. They have one of the most complex societies on earth and are one the most mysterious groups of people on the planet. Who they are may never be fully understood or known unless you were born into the Hopi tribe and become a part of their complex Traditional Way of Life and Societies.

There are those who have come from the outside to Hopi in the past and even today who spend time with these mysterious people and learn only a single grain of their knowledge in the vast entire desert of what they hold. They use this knowledge to sell books, lectures, seminars, Tv shows, and so much more. There is one particular man that states he has the right to share Hopi Prophecy with the world…… as though HE himself carries this great wisdom from past generations of the devoted Hopi to Massau the Creator. He claims there are no Traditional people left in Hopi and by doing so contributes to the destruction of a Sacred People and their CHOSEN way of life and belief. This kind of disgraceful action is what allows people who do seek to destroy the Hopi Way of Life more opportunity to do so.

Within Hopi itself the name HOPI is used as though it is a commodity to sell and promote anything and everything. WHY does the name alone hold such power? Why does the name Hopi instill a feeling of something greater in people? Could it be that the people of Hopi that follow the Traditional Hopi Way of Life really do hold the secretes to LIFE itself? This can and should only ever be answered by the most Sacred of people within the Hopi Traditional world itself.

When you see the dancers in the Plaza within Hopi…. under the bluest of skies as far as the eye can see …….. come out of the Kivas throughout the day….. CREATE rain clouds that then circle the Plaza and release the rain of life itself upon your head….. then you beleive……. then you see and experience the respect, honor and dedication of the Hopi people to Creator. This is who the Hopi are…. they are the holders of life, of balance of understanding the energy of life itself. They deserve to be respected by the world…… not revered…… not put on a pedestal, but respected… for their choice to the Hopi Way of Life.

No outsider that is not a part of this complex Traditional world has the right to put limits or restrictions on HOW they are to live. They live simply, they live dedicated to ceremony, they live with nature and with balance. They have respect for the earth and they only ask for the right to live in the way that Creator laid out for them, the way their Ancestors have lived from the beginning of this world.

What right does a person who is not a part of the Hopi Way of Life have to dictate HOW these people are to live, what to follow? How can they understand exactly WHAT they are telling these people to let go of and turn their backs on LIFE itself. Even within Hopi those who do not follow the Hopi Way of Life do not have the ability to understand the complexities, commitment, devotion, ceremonies, culture, religion of the TRUE Hopi People.

When those who seek power, money, fame, position and control set out to destroy the Heart of a people that have chosen to live simply and with respect and hold harmony in life….. We as people need to take a stand and support the those Hopi whos only request is to be allowed to follow their Hopi Way of Life now and into future generations.

Who are we as human beings to deny the rights of these people? What are we destroying if we ALLOW their way of life to be destroyed and denied? Could it really be possible that they truly do hold the balance of the world, of life itself? Could this be why the world is in chaos itself as the reflection out to the planet? When you witness miracles and manifestations in Hopi it only takes once to beleive that they do have special knowledge.

They say that they hold this for the world, for the people, for all life…… do you want to risk allowing them to be destroyed? It your future they are protecting………

Those who come from the outside world and from within Hopi itself who seek to destroy are only destroying themselves in the process. We have an obligation to these committed Hopi to show gratitude for the lifetimes of dedication for months of Ceremonies they hold for us…. to give back to them…..

A self destructive Tribal Chairman within the Hopi Tribe itself has set forth an agenda to bring a proposed new Constitution to the people. This proposed Constitution would destroy the Traditional, Hopi Way of Life that has been carried on for thousands of years. In the blink of an eye their Way of Life would no longer be possible. Those who support this proposal are NOT informed and many not Traditional. These people can not make an informed decision as to how this proposed Constitution would destroy a way of life they themselves do not understand.

There is a CURRENT Constitution that the Hopi have had since 1936 that has been in place with language to PROTECT the Hopi Way of Life, Ceremonies and Religion. To bring in this proposed Constitution is a violation of the Civil, Constitutional and Individual rights of the Hopi people in itself to their Way of Life.

In this matter, these are my observations. These are the things I know to be true in my heart and they are shared out of a deep respect to the Hopi People.

From my heart, for the Center of the Universe and the balance of all life I call on all people, in all directions, from all Tribes, Religious groups, Spiritual people from around the world to join in protecting the Hopi people from the destruction of their Way of Life and by doing so join in protecting life itself.

One email……. five minutes…… and you could be saving the Hopi, the planet and all life…… who are we to say that the reason that they have remained so True to their beliefs is because the know something the rest of the world does not…. maybe…just maybe they do hold the balance of all life……. do you want to risk this question?

Please email the Secretary of Interior and ask him to HALT the proposed Constitution and uphold the RIGHTS of the Hopi people. All it may take to save the Hopi and possibly save ourselves from destruction is ONE email …..

feedback@ios.doi.gov contact the U.S. Department of the Interior, Secretary Salazar

Please cc the following in Hopi:

informhopi@yahoo.com
nadtwani@yahoo.com

Mailing Address:
Department of the Interior
1849 C Street, N.W.
Washington DC 20240
Phone: (202) 208-3100

Calling all Tribes, all people to stand as one………

with gratitude for all my Hopi friends…….
Miriam

References:

Censored News: Hopi Chairman’s Proposals Removes Religious Protections in Hopi Constitution
Link: http://bsnorrell.blogspot.com/2010_10_01_archive.html
Scroll down the page to find the article. Worth reading from the Mother Village of Shungopavi in Hopi. (October 14, 2010 Article)

Youtube video, link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_myIvf_04E

Lost Soul
3rd November 2010, 06:02
Thank you happytobe for the update. I'll have to figure out the wording.

happytobe
3rd November 2010, 15:39
FYI, the following is the text of my email to Secretary Salazar:

Subject: U.S. Government Interference with Traditional Hopi Religious Practices

Dear Secretary Salazar:

It has come to my attention that the United States Government, through the Department of the Interior and the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) has created a situation that is about to destroy Traditional Hopi Religious Practice, contrary to the 1st Amendment Freedom of Religion, as well as the American Indian Religious Freedom Act (1978), which was intended to express public policy on this issue and reverse past practices of your Department in this regard.

An October 16, 2010 article entitled "HOPI CHAIRMAN’S PROPOSALS REMOVES RELIGIOUS PROTECTIONS IN HOPI CONSTITUTION", may be found on the following link: http://bsnorrell.blogspot.com/2010_10_01_archive.html

In that article is the following statement:

'“The Bureau of Indian Affairs is well-aware of the actions of the Chairman and Tribal Council but choose to sit quietly by and claim “gee, this is an internal matter and we can’t get involved.” That is nonsense! The Chairman and the Tribal Council are intentionally attempting to destroy Hopi religion and to install a government with exclusive powers and authorities. Of course, the BIA prefers a Tribal Council that will sign new coal leases without the input of the Hopi people. The BIA is responsible for the installation of the Tribal Council form of government for the purpose of easily acquiring permission to mine Indian lands” said Director Wadsworth.'

Traditional Hopi have lived in peace and harmony for hundreds of years, and in my view the fate of the Traditional Hopi will be the fate of Humanity (it is said that they are a "microcosm of the world"). Progressive Hopi like Chairman Shingotewa, and with all due respect to him, are the product of the policies and practices of the United States Government throughout the last Century and continuing to the present day -- and will be the downfall of spiritual freedom. For the BIA to say that the present situation is an "internal matter" of the Hopi Tribe, simply because Chairman Shingotewa is a Hopi, is appalling.

It is my request that you involve your good offices in this matter and meet personally with the Traditional Hopi Leaders. My request is based on the intent of Section 2 of the American Indian Religious Freedom Act, which states, in part:

"The President shall direct the various Federal departments,agencies, and other instrumentalities responsible for administering relevant laws to evaluate their policies and procedures in consultation with native traditional religious leaders in order to determine appropriate changes necessary to protect and preserve Native American religious cultural rights and practices. ..." [Emphasis added]

The "consultation with native traditional religious leaders" was to be fulfilled within 12-months of the law's enactment (1978), but clearly indicates the importance of meeting with Traditional Hopi Leaders on this critical matter.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

[name]
[city, state]

happytobe
6th November 2010, 14:41
Two item -- the Hopi Constitution, and the timing of The Great Gathering...

Hopi Constitution

Here's the link to Miriam's latest Feature posting about the Hopi:

Hopi truth to be lifted by the winds to all people: Stop the proposed Constitution.
http://www.bluestarprophecy.com/hopi-truth-to-be-lifted-by-the-winds-to-all-people-stop-the-proposed-constitution

The main item of info is this:

"In the CURRENT Constitution there is the following:
In article 6, Section 1k, the Hopi Tribal Council has a duty to; “ To protect the arts, crafts, traditions, and ceremonies of the Hopi Indians.”
In the Proposed Constitution this is removed and therefor no Protections to the Traditions are present."

She also reiterates her request that as many emails as possible, from around the world, be sent to the U.S. Secretary of the Interior:

"Please email the Secretary of Interior and ask him to HALT the proposed Constitution and uphold the RIGHTS of the Hopi people. All it may take to save the Hopi and possibly save ourselves from destruction is ONE email …..

feedback@ios.doi.gov contact the U.S. Department of the Interior, Secretary Salazar

informhopi@yahoo.com
nadtwani@yahoo.com

Mailing Address:
1849 C Street, N.W.
Washington DC 20240

Calling all Tribes, all people to stand as one………

with gratitude for all my Hopi friends…….
Miriam"

Your email doesn't have to be long and formal, like my posting above. A single sentence in your own words will do, and something in the subject heading about "Hopi Constitution" or "Protecting Hopi Traditions" -- anything with the word "Hopi" in it. The volume of emails sent, more than the content, will probably make the difference.

Miriam will be posting more information about the Hopi in coming Feature postings, so you may want to check her site from time to time...

http://www.bluestarprophecy.com

The Timing of The Great Gathering

A 20-year friend of mine, whose function is to balance energies, told me this last summer that the energy of The Great Gathering was "up and down", which I interpret to mean - not ready. It may have been better if the gathering was this year -- sooner rather than later -- I don't know, but the energy has to be there.

I think the timing will be fine, if not Divine. As for the launch of the new TGG website, the project has been more like preparing a major online social site. People may be quite impressed, so wait-and-see.

In the meantime -- please email the Secretary of the Interior!

Thank you,
happytobe

happytobe
23rd November 2010, 17:43
The justBernard Show - Miriam Delicado and the Hopi struggle

Air Date: November 22, 2010 Length: 90 Minutes

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/gic/2010/11/22/the-justbernard-show

The latest from Miriam on the Hopi, offering current developments and a big-picture view of the significance of the Traditional Hopi and Other Traditional Indigenous People to our future. Worth listening to the end, IMO.

EDIT: Also available on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpMRprKnkwg&feature=player_embedded

happytobe
14th December 2010, 18:35
Latest from Miriam on the Hopi and the Proposed New Hopi Constitution

http://www.bluestarprophecy.com/hopi-updates-dec-13-2010-all-prior-posts-in-this-one-pls-read-and-share

She combines related prior posts in this blog entry, adds opening comments as well as new articles from the "Navajo-Hopi Observer" online...

Hopi constitution draft proposal alarms Hopi political factions -- 11/23/10
http://nhonews.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubsectionID=1&ArticleID=13068

Viewpoint: Power grab by Hopi Tribal Council - 11/23/10
http://nhonews.com/main.asp?Search=1&ArticleID=13091&SectionID=36&SubSectionID=798&S=1

Letter: Exercise your right to vote on Hopi Constitution Draft 24A -- to the Hopi and Tewa People -- 11/30/10
http://nhonews.com/main.asp?Search=1&ArticleID=13099&SectionID=36&SubSectionID=796&S=1

And there is a beautifully written LETTER TO SECRETARY OF INTERIOR ON BEHALF OF THE HOPI PEOPLE, by Patricia Dawn McNamara -- see letter in link:

http://www.bluestarprophecy.com/hopi-updates-dec-13-2010-all-prior-posts-in-this-one-pls-read-and-share

Please send an email to Secretary of the Interior Kenneth L. Salazar, asking him to halt the proposed new Hopi Constitution and uphold the rights of the Hopi people; The Department of the Interior and Bureau of Indian Affairs are involved in this. Your Voice Counts, and it only takes a few minutes:

contact the U.S. Department of the Interior, Secretary Salazar
kensalazar@ios.doi.gov This is Salazars direct email
feedback@ios.doi.gov

nadtwani@yahoo.com

Mailing Address:
1849 C Street, N.W.
Washington DC 20240

happytobe
15th December 2010, 04:01
The following was added 12/14/10, to the material linked above. It is potential Dynamite, in my opinion, if the Traditional Hopi have been living with a measure of true Sovereignty that the U.S. Government and Progressive Hopi are attempting to destroy. Please read carefully!

Hopi is a Complex Way of Life — The “Don’t Vote/Vote No” Issue!

I earlier posted the following articles from the “Navajo-Hopi Observer”, and you may have noticed something curious. In the first article it is stated that the Hopi should not vote in the election, because “not voting” is the traditional method of showing disapproval, and if less that 30% of the Hopi vote then the New Constitution fails. In the second article it says be sure to “vote no”:

Viewpoint: Power grab by Hopi Tribal Council – 11/23/10
http://nhonews.com/main.asp?Search=1&ArticleID=13091&SectionID=36&SubSectionID=798&S=1

Letter: Exercise your right to vote on Hopi Constitution Draft 24A — to the Hopi and Tewa People — 11/30/10
http://nhonews.com/main.asp?Search=1&ArticleID=13099&SectionID=36&SubSectionID=796&S=1

Here is my understanding:

From the Village of Shungopavi, the Mother Village where they still maintain the full Ceremonial Cycle throughout the year, the Traditionals do not vote. Shungopavi, as well as many other Traditionals across Hopi have never voted. Shungopavi Village has never sent representatives to the Hopi Tribal Council. They have a degree of Sovereignty and are asking for full Sovereignty recognition from the Secretary of Interior, Ken Salazar.

It is my understanding that this Village does not accept the Political Government as they are saying that they have never accepted Government rule over them. It is also my understanding …. that they never entered into any kind of treaty with the US Government. So, this is the reason for the “do not vote”. In fact they are strong in their beliefs and always have been along with ALL the other Villages in Hopi who are still maintaining the Traditions. This is the reason for the confusion. Please understand that I dont speak on behalf of anyone and because of the complex situation here, this is how I understand the situation to be.

As for the rest of Hopi, most other Traditional people have not voted in the past either. However, this is what the Progressives and “Government” are counting on. The confusion, lack of education of the people on legalities, propaganda and outright breaking of CURRENT Constitutional Laws of Hopi, to bring this vote in. Because of this complex issue most non-Hopi do not understand how this will effect the people.

In the next week there will be more on what is happening in Hopi on my website. Meaning, I have read the proposed Constitution and will share my findings. Also, more on the who’s-who on this voting issue.

Here’s another example. On the form given out to the people it says: “Notice of Rules of Election”. The Election Board Chairman…. who is here to OVERSEE the process and register votes… was not even in the office until Monday, the 13th of December. When they should have been available since the date these forms were sent out the first of December I beleive. The election is scheduled for January 27th, 2011. The Hopi only have until the 27th of DECEMBER to register. They can do so by filling in the form at the Administration office of the Tribe or from the mail and you may HAND THEM IN AT THE ADMINISTRATION OFFICE TO ENSURE YOU ARE REGISTERED. SENDING THIS IN BY MAIL MAY NOT MAKE IT ON TIME DUE TO CHRISTMAS MAIL. People out here are getting conflicting information on the process. Some are having difficulty reaching people to obtain information.

Imagine if in a Presidential Election that YOU could not get information from the Government as to HOW you can vote…… Imagine if YOU could not VOTE and that meant ALL, AND I MEAN ALL of your rights were taken from you! This is not too harsh of a statement here. It is complicated due to the issues regarding the “Don’t Vote/Vote No” — Traditions, Lawlessness, disregard of Rights of Sovereignty, disrgard of Rights to Practice Religion and many-many others.

This will not only effect the Traditional Hopi but ALL the people of Hopi. Passing this and allowing for it to continue is like allowing a handful of people to destroy thousands lives now and into the future….. for the children.

In the next week I will be posting more information regarding this issue on my website, with as much clarity as possible regarding what is wrong with the process taking place, as well as further information on related questions. There is a great deal of information on my site, already; links to articles and more. http://www.bluestarprophecy.com

If you respect the Hopi and all they do in their Ceremonies for all life, if you view their Prophecies to be of Value to Humanity, if you feel you would like to help:

Please send emails to Secretary Salazar asking him to HALT the referendum on draft 24A and Uphold the CURRENT RIGHTS and LAWS of the Hopi Constitution and the rights of the People until an investigation takes place.

Contact the U.S. Department of the Interior, Secretary Salazar
kensalazar@ios.doi.gov This is Salazars Direct email
feedback@ios.doi.gov

nadtwani@yahoo.com

CALL SALAZAR’S OFFICE Please>>>> Phone: (202) 208-3100
if you choose to cc me your letter as well but it is not necessary.
miriam@thegreatgathering.org

Mailing Address:
1849 C Street, N.W.
Washington DC 20240

PLEASE share these posts with the world in any way that you can. Please encourage people to get involved.

If you have specific gifts such as Attorneys of Arizona that are familiar with BIA and Constitutional rights that would be willing to help.

Please email the Hopi at: nadtwani@yahoo.com cc miriam@thegreatgathering.org if you like but it is not necessary. Thank you! Miriam

Here's the link again:

Merkaba360
17th December 2010, 01:50
From the looks of it, Hopi Chairman Leroy Shingotewa is a plant into the Hopi council to force out the traditional ways and cancel out their tribal constitution so that the coal mining can begin on Hopi land. It is simply too obvious that he and possibly others are being paid off or they are truly not of Hopi origin.

How can the wise elders not see that then? lol Maybe the wise ones are all dead. hmmm

happytobe
20th January 2011, 14:18
FYI...

Hopi Seek to Travel to Washington D.C. to Help Protect Their Traditional Ways
http://www.bluestarprophecy.com/the-hopi-ask-for-prayers-and-support-to-travel-to-washington-dc

happytobe
29th January 2011, 00:36
Hopi proposed constitution defeated!!

From Miriam Delicado's Feature posting for January 28, 2011:

http://www.bluestarprophecy.com/hopi-proposed-constitution-defeated

This is a very happy post to write. The Traditional Hopi have been in conflict with the Tribe over a proposed constitution that would have take away their right to their way of life. Yesterday they voted: New proposed Hopi Constitution (Draft 24A) was DEFEATED by a vote of 656 NO and 410 YES. This is unofficial.
The first call I received from Hopi was from an Elder who was overjoyed at the outcome. His words will be with me forever as he said he believed it was because of Prayer and thanked me and YOU for all the prayers from around the world.

There are many questions now that still need answers. The trip to DC did not happen before the vote. So we still have all the donations you gave to this event. There is still more work that needs to be done to resolve this issue fully to protect the Traditional Hopi. I am waiting for instructions on what the next step will be and if they do not go to DC I will be refund all the donations to you. Please give me a couple of days to look into this further.

Also, I believe that the reason that the Hopi voted NO was because although there is great conflict in Hopi they were all working for the same goal. ALL parties played a roll and a need. The Truest Traditional Leaders said not to vote at all, (this sent a strong message as to how they felt about the proposed constitution as well as other reasons that are VERY important and it was the right decision) The inform Hopi group that is working with the Kikmongwi (Village Chief) representatives that were removed from the Tribal Government when they allege they have the right to be there. There was also the group that were former elected and hired officials that worked for the Tribe in the past who also said they felt draft 24a of the proposed constitution was not good for the Hopi people.

Lastly YOU with all the Prayer from around the world. The Hopi believe that Prayer is powerful and has the ability to give strength to what you are asking for if you do so with a clear heart. THANK YOU!!!!

MORE to come…….

Love Miriam

http://www.bluestarprophecy.com/hopi-proposed-constitution-defeated

happytobe
30th January 2011, 22:02
"Thank you" video from Miriam for the support from around the world...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7ZV_LYqL54&feature=player_embedded

Eva2
4th February 2011, 23:42
Not sure if this is a "suitable" place to post this or not. Its sad how logging/mining, etc. in the Amazon has had such a devastating affect on the indigenous population.

'Video of an uncontacted tribe spotted in the Brazilian jungle has been released, bringing them to life in ways that photographs alone cannot.

The tribe, believed to be Panoa Indians, have been monitored from a distance by Brazil’s National Indian Foundation, a government agency charged with handling the nation’s indigenous communities. Many of the world’s 100 or so uncontacted tribes live in the Amazon.

Until 1987, it was government policy to contact such people. But contact is fraught with problems, especially disease; people who have stayed isolated from the mainstream world have stayed isolated from its pathogens, and have little immunity to our diseases. Brazilian government policy is now to watch from afar, and — at least in principle — to protect uncontacted tribes from intrusion.

Unfortunately, uncontacted tribes usually live in resource-rich areas threatened by logging, mining and other development. There’s often pressure on governments to turn a blind eye. Videos like this, released by tribal advocacy group Survival International and produced by the BBC’s Human Planet program, are legal proof that uncontacted tribes still exist, and deserve protection.'

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2011/02/uncontacted-tribe-video/

happytobe
11th June 2011, 23:32
Hopi Meet the Dalai Lama with Colombian Mamos
http://www.bluestarprophecy.com/hopi-meet-the-dalai-lama-with-colombian-mamos

http://www.bluestarprophecy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Dalai-Lama-Hopi-Colobian-Mamos1-300x208.jpg

happytobe
15th July 2011, 05:25
July 29 - Rountable Discussion with Dogon of West Africa...

"For perhaps the first time in the history of this planet, members of the Dogon tribe have agreed to come forward and speak out on a live Project Camelot Roundtable regarding the importance in bringing together the tribes to work to save the planet and contribute their part in raising the consciousness of humanity. We will be doing a Livestream event on July 29, 2011 with the Dogon and Miriam Delicado to begin the process of speaking out by indigenous people to the world. Part of the purpose of the event will be to raise funds for travel and meetings to happen between the leaders of the various indigenous tribes around the world. More info about the July 29th event to come..."
Kerry Cassidy, Blog Posting for July 14th
http://projectcamelotproductions.com/blog-hp.html

Re Dogon....

"In Mali, West Africa, lives a tribe of people called the Dogon. The Dogon are believed to be of Egyptian decent and their astronomical lore goes back thousands of years to 3200 BC.

According to their traditions, the star Sirius has a companion star which is invisible to the human eye. This companion star has a 50 year elliptical orbit around the visible Sirius and is extremely heavy. It also rotates on its axis.

This legend might be of little interest to anybody but the two French anthropologists, Marcel Griaule and Germain Dieterlen, who recorded it from four Dogon priests in the 1930's. Of little interest except that it is exactly true. How did a people who lacked any kind of astronomical devices know so much about an invisible star? The star, which scientists call Sirius B, wasn't even photographed until it was done by a large telescope in 1970."
http://www.unmuseum.org/siriusb.htm

'The Dogon are strongly oriented toward harmony, which is reflected in many of their rituals. For instance, in one of their most important rituals, the women praise the men, the men thank the women, the young express appreciation for the old, and the old recognize the contributions of the young."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dogon_people

happytobe
26th July 2011, 04:21
DOGON TRIBE SPEAKS TO THE WORLD
LiveStream Event, Project Camelot TV
Friday, July 29th, 11AM PST

http://projectcamelot.tv

http://www.bluestarprophecy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Dogon_Box.5.jpg

(Note: You can donate as little as $1 to participate, amount is completely optional. )

Introduction, Bios for the Dogon Speakers:

http://www.bluestarprophecy.com/livestream-dogon-tribe-comes-forward-to-the-world-friday-29-2011-11am-pst

Knowledge that has remained intact since the time of the Pharaohs is now being shared with humanity to assist in restoring balance to our world.

Indigenous people around the world are reading the signs that our planet and humanity are out of balance.

Many tribes are now coming forward at this crucial time to speak with the world and share their ancient knowledge.

Through uniting the indigenous people with the rest of humanity we have the potential to restore a world in balance.

Dogon elders of the traditional Kemetic priesthood recognize the necessity in this time to provide an alternative to the destructive/self-destructive lifestyle that the modern, colonial, political, educational and religious systems have maintained for the last two thousand years.

This knowledge has been guarded by Traditional Dogon Priests, being passed from generation to generation only through intense initiations for thousands of years.

(The Dogon are not just a tribe residing in the cliffs of Mali but a bloodline consisting of many tribes whos ancestor’s were considered the upper echelon of the Nile and Niger Valley civilizations)

It is this knowledge that is now being released to the world so we may rid ourselves of the pollution that “modern” society has imposed and return to the knowledge of our ancestors.

There are links between human beings and the Bayuali (Earth Energies), or, channels of the Earth that have both positive and negative effects.

Through the dialogue of universal energies of the Bayuali and Yennu, we learn what this means to our existence.

Bio: Naba Iritah Shenmira

Naba Iritah Shenmira is a young priest/healer from the Dogon bloodline of the Gourmantche region of Meritah (Africa). In Kemetic society, the Naba bloodline of the Dogon was in charge of the spiritual life of the Pharaoh, keeping the highest levels of spiritual and astronomical knowledge. Iritah was taught his initiatic education through chosen priests/healers in Western Meritah with the guidance of his father, Naba Lamoussa Mordenibig who has since transitioned in 2008.

Iritah’s teachings include the technical, spiritual and philosophical components of the Medu language (humanity’s original language secretly preserved as traditional Africa’s initiatic language, commonly known as Egyptian hieroglyphs), Ka’at Ibi (traditional meditation), and traditional healing. As a decedent of the Egyptians and their knowledge, Iritah now leads Ankhkasta Natural Healing which is a network of priest/healers throughout West Africa and initiates of The Earth Center Schools.

With Guidance of the ancestors and Elders from Burkina Faso, the home of the Dogon people, Iritah has been chosen to continue the work began by his father over 20 years ago. This involves sharing the Tem culture and knowledge through, The Earth Center Schools that his father Naba Lamoussa Mordenibig began. These schools can now be found around the United States and the world.

Iritah’s work and that of The Earth Center is to reconnect ancestral spiritual heritage to preserve humanity, the Earth and the Universal Harmony while building a bridge for all of humanity to re-connect with their ancestral heritage.

http://theearthcenter.com

Bio: Bickbaye Inejnema

Bikbaye Inejnema has followed in the footsteps of the ancestors of the Pharaoh’s of ancient Egypt when he was initiated into the Dogon/Kemetic way of life. He became a dedicated student with Master Naba Lamoussa Mordenibig, an authentic Dogon/Ancient Egyptian high priest and healer of Burkino Faso, West Africa, in the mid 90’s. Bikbaye was taught how to read, write and speak the Medu Neter (Hieroglyphic writing of ancient Egypt) along with having deep understanding of its spiritual and philosophical meanings.

Working with Naba Lamoussa Mordenibig and following the guidance of Dogon Elders in Merita (Africa) the Kemetic knowledge began to be shared through the formation of ‘The Earth Center’ schools in North America. At the passing of master Naba in 2008, the Dogon Elders gave the responsibility of the initiatic schools to Bikbaye to continue sharing the ancient knowledge with humanity.

Through Guidance of the ancestors and Elders of the Dogon in Merita, Bickbaye shares the Tem culture and knowledge through, The Earth Center Schools of which he is Herpw Merr (eldest generation overseer). As a cultural activist, teacher, spiritual counselor and traditional healer of the Dogon/Kemetic way of life the process of awakening for humanity is now taught by Bikbaye.

As the appointed head of The Earth Center schools, Bikbaye is in constant contact with Elders in Merita working to reconnect ancestral spiritual heritage to preserve humanity, the Earth and the Universal Harmony.

happytobe
26th July 2011, 16:40
FYI, Dogon Event on Facebook...

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=191255427600621

happytobe
26th July 2011, 20:20
FYI...

from Kerry Cassidy's Blog, today:

July 26, 2011

SERVER FOR CAMELOT.TV TAKEN DOWN

"Well right, the minute we put the ads up about the DOGON SPEAKING TO THE WORLD.. our servers were hacked and they brought down Project Camelot TV... it is so clear what a threat this is to the powers-that-were... us getting together in Camelot Roundtable events to TALK TO EACH OTHER and compare notes... on what's up on the Planet. WE SHALL PREVAIL! Dogon event Friday July 29th at 11am PDT FREE & BY DONATION join us on Livestream"

Notes:

1) "FREE", so apparently not even a $1 donation is necessary.

2) Camelot was also attacked on their recent "ELENIN" and "JAMES BOND IS REAL" online conferences.

happytobe
28th July 2011, 00:51
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04bAQEg_xHc&feature=player_embedded

Friday - July 29, 2011
11AM PDT
FREE or Donation (optional)

If you can't be there, then check the archive later.

happytobe
29th July 2011, 08:20
TODAY'S THE DAY
THE DOGON SPEAK TO THE WORLD
Friday, July 29, 2011
11 AM PDT (California Time)

onawah
29th July 2011, 17:40
Link for the archive?

happytobe
30th July 2011, 04:29
http://www.livestream.com/projectcamelotlive/video?clipId=pla_786adb7d-7d24-4469-98aa-67b7f642e005&utm_source=lslibrary&utm_medium=ui-thumb

happytobe
31st July 2011, 02:36
Here's the Archive of the Event...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NPtuDGO_Hw&feature=player_embedded

happytobe
8th August 2011, 03:15
Caretakers Of Earth Interviews: Miriam Delicado 09/19/09

What is good about this video -- posted August 6, 2011, on YouTube -- is the variety of topics covered in 31 Minutes; The Great Gathering, Contactees, Blue Star, Indigenous People, Human Potential, and More...

Aze0l3KCcqs
UPDATE - Moving from Time of Choice to Time of Transition

In the above 2009 video, Miriam talks about a "Time of Choice". In a more recent video -- recorded and posted July 23, 2011 -- she indicate a shift from a "Time of Choice" to a "Time of Transition":

M-lm0DBegVU

UPDATE - The Dogon Presentation

As a follow-up to the Dogon / Project Camelot TV Presentation, posted above, Bikbaye Inejnema and Naba Iritah Shenmira were recently interviewed on "Other World Radio" with Host Sandra Sabatini. Here's the ARCHIVE - 2 Hours:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/otherworldradio/2011/08/02/bikbaye-inejnema--interview-the-dogon-54

ALSO... Bikbaye and Naba Iritah will be on the Up-Coming "Just Bernard Show" -- Monday, August 15, 2011 - 10 AM - Pacific Time:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/gic/2011/08/15/the-justbernard-show

You can also find information they've discussed on the following link:

FYI, Miriam's site:

http://bluestarprophecy.com

happytobe
11th November 2011, 03:23
New Great Gathering Website Launched!
http://www.thegreatgathering.org

happytobe
30th June 2012, 21:22
Protect Hopi Water: Hopi and the World: Stop Senate Bill 2109

Please read and sign the petition on this link, Thank You!
http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/Protect_Hopi_Water_Hopi_and_the_World_Stop_Senate_Bill_2019

What's Happening Here! A Summary, by happytobe

Indian Reserved Water Rights

"Indian reserved water rights were first recognized by the U.S. Supreme Court in Winters v. United States in 1908. Under the Winters doctrine, when Congress reserves land (i.e., for an Indian reservation), Congress also reserves water sufficient to fulfill the purpose of the reservation." Indian Reserved Water Rights Under the Winters Doctrine: An Overview, by Cynthia Brougher, Congressional Research Service
http://www.amazon.com/Indian-Reserved-Winters-Doctrine-ebook/dp/B005M55CWO

Senate Bill 2109

Senate Bill 2109, the "Navajo-Hopi Little Colorado River Water Rights Settlement Act of 2012" was introduced by Arizona Senators Kyl and McCain on February 14, 2012.

SB 2109 asks the Navajo and Hopi peoples to waive their priority Water Rights to the surface waters of the Little Colorado River "from time immemorial and thereafter, forever" in return for the shallow promise of uncertain federal appropriations to supply minimal amounts of drinking water to a handful of reservation communities. On the other hand, the bill effectively guarantees Arizona corporate and water interests all the water they need.

Here is an April 5, 2012 response by three former Hopi Tribal Chairmen and a former Navajo President to an April 4th editorial by Senator Kyl in the Arizona Daily Sun:

"The fact of the matter is that S.2109 is not an Indian water rights settlement act. It does nothing to quantify the water rights of the Navajo and Hopi tribal nations to the Little Colorado River and is in direct contravention of the Winters Doctrine. Rather, it is a backhanded approach to providing federal benefits and protections to entities that exploited the natural resources of our tribes for their own economic gain. It ensures that non-Indian corporate interests continue mining our coal and pumping our Navajo Aquifer to produce cheap electricity and deliver wet water to benefit southern Arizona, southern California and southern Nevada, under the guise of an Indian water rights settlement.

"It requires the tribes to give Peabody Western Coal Company (Peabody) and the Salt River Project (SRP) and other owners of the Navajo Generating Station (NGS) tens of thousands of acre-feet of tribal water annually, without compensation. In other words, it gives NGS, a corporate entity, a federal water right. It also requires the tribes to extend the Peabody and NGS leases to 2044 without regard for past and continuing harmful impacts to our health, water supplies, water quality and damage to our precious Navajo Aquifer, as a necessary pre-condition to receiving minimal domestic water pipelines.

"S.2109 requires the tribes to waive all protections against injury to water quality “from time immemorial and thereafter, forever”. It also requires the tribes to permanently waive all water rights to the Little Colorado River “from time immemorial and, thereafter, forever that are based on aboriginal occupancy of land by the (tribes) and Members of the (tribes) or their predecessors”. The settlement Senator Kyl is pushing is not “consistent with previous water settlements in New Mexico, Montana and Arizona”, as he claims."

Link to full article:
http://beyondthemesas.com/2012/04/06/hopi-and-navajo-leaders-respond-to-senator-kyls-editorial

See also:
http://www.grandcanyontrust.org/news/2012/03/three-former-hopi-tribal-leaders-question-arizona-sen-kyls-water-rights-settlement

Fraud and Corruption

To offer some idea on how thoroughly fraudulent and corrupt the effort behind this legislation is, please consider two examples:

First, Senator Kyl's introduction of the bill on the floor of the Senate:

O9ovLLAhcx8

In this video there is a large picture mounted on an easel behind the senator. The picture shows a horse team hitched to a wagon filled with water barrels at a hand pump well. This picture sets the tone to his speech and reinforces his words, “Legally the Navajo Nation and the Hopi Tribes may assert to larger qualities of water but as you can see here they don’t have the means to make use of the supply in a safe and productive manner.”

And here is a response letter to Congress by Dr. Adrienne Ruby, a veterinarian who has worked on the Navajo and Hopi reservations since 1991. In her letter she argues that Senator Kyl and his staff deceived the public and misrepresented the Navajo people with the water hauling photograph. Please click and read:

http://beyondthemesas.com/2012/06/16/senator-kyl-and-staff-deceive-public

FYI, the reservations do in fact haul water, but in trucks rather than horse drawn wagons. Also be aware that before Senator Kyl became a Senator, he was the attorney for the very Salt River Project (SRP) that would now benefit by SB 2109.

The second example is by way of two articles on the Navajo-Hopi Observer website that report Hopi Tribal Council Resolutions on June 15 and June 21st -- the first rejecting SB 2109, and the second approving SB 2109 -- a seeming legislative impossibility:

Hopi Tribal Council rejects SB 2109
http://www.navajohopiobserver.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=795&ArticleID=14633

Hopi Council approves Little Colorado Settlement
http://www.navajohopiobserver.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=795&ArticleID=14648

Here is my perspective on how this happened:

As I see it, "Tribal Councils" are an imposition on indigenous tribes by the U.S. Government, the means by which the government and corporate interest impose their will; i.e., mining minerals and diverting water from tribal lands. The Hopi traditional governance is through the village, and under the Hopi Constitution the power of the villages is seemingly preserved. However, the Hopi are divided between "traditionals" that follow their traditional ceremonies and practices, and the "progressives" who do not. It is the "Progressives" that can dominate "Tribal Councils" and use Senator Kyl-like-tactics to get their way. The following article offers some insight on how this happened in this situation (the article was intended to be published in the Navajo-Hopi Observer last week, but has not been):

Hopi Council Shockingly Approves Little Colorado Settlement
http://beyondthemesas.com/2012/06/24/hopi-council-shockingly-approves-little-colorado-settlement-story-by-rosanda-suetopka-thayer

Even though the June 21st Hopi Council resolution is in violation of the June 15th resolution, my guess is Senator Kyl will be quite happy to use it to his advantage in passing SB 2109.

In Conclusion

There is a world-wide effort by governments to place water-rights in the hands of private corporations, totally against the interest of the people of this planet. Have you seen the movie "FLOW"?

DlbWsWPgUx8

In my opinion, our response should be to shed light on what is happening and oppose the privatization of water in whatever legitimate way we can. This is why I am requesting that you sign the petition:

http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/Protect_Hopi_Water_Hopi_and_the_World_Stop_Senate_Bill_2019

Thank You!

Sincerely,
happytobe

For more information:
http://www.traditionalhopi.org

happytobe
1st July 2012, 18:00
Warrior Chief of Shungopavi Hopi Village:
Historic Interview Monday 4:00PM Pacific July 02-2012

http://www.bluestarprophecy.com/traditional-hopi-breaking-a-thousand-years-of-silence-to-protect-water-rights-official-release/

happytobe
4th July 2012, 17:24
PART 2 OF PROGRAM -- HOPI ELDERS SPEAK
Monday, July 9th at 4pm Pacific Time

http://startalkfm.com/top-stories/next-rob-simone-talk-show-the-hopi-elders-speak-speaking-out-on-a-critical-issue-that-threatens-the-future-of-the-hopi-people-and-maybe-the-world/

http://www.robsimone.com/linksnew.html

...continuing on the subject of Hopi Water and the World

happytobe
8th July 2012, 19:43
Hopi Message 2012 - World Water at Risk - Prophecy

UnPQJlVIhm8

The July 2nd Radio Interview (Part 1) is now available in archive -- currently near the top of the "traditionalhopi" home page:

Part 2 - Live tomorrow, Monday, July 9, at 4PM Pacific Time...

http://www.robsimone.com

FYI, recent video discussion between Bernard Alvarez and Miriam Delicado

GICTV presents Miriam Delicado (The Hopi Water Message)

CZezxGaXg10

For the latest, check "traditionalhopi" link:

And please do not forget the Petition:

http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/Protect_Hopi_Water_Hopi_and_the_World_Stop_Senate_Bill_2019/

Thank You!
happytobe

happytobe
13th July 2012, 16:43
Radio Interview - Hopi Elders - Part 1 and Part 2 - now available in archive -- currently near the top of the "traditionalhopi" home page:

happytobe
8th October 2012, 04:05
WATER = LIFE - HISTORIC EVENT, NOV. 10TH, TUCSON, AZ
http://tucson.thegreatgathering.org

CLEAN WATER FOR HOPI
http://www.youcaring.com/fundraiser_details?fundraiser_id=10358&url=cleanwaterforhopi

FYI, AUDIO FILE:

Karla Dombroski - The Importance of Water
THE GREAT GATHERING RADIO
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/thegreatgatheringradio/2012/07/13/karla-dombroski--the-importance-of-water

happytobe
12th October 2012, 01:09
Update...

1) What happened to SB 2109?

Answer: The good news is that the current Senate Bill 2109, the "Navajo-Hopi Little Colorado River Water Rights Settlement Act of 2012", is dead. The bad news is that Corporate interests still want the water.

2) Why is the TGG website down (except for the Tucson Event Page)?

Answer: Improvements are being made that are best accomplished offline. FYI, the TGG Mission Statement and info on the Directors can be found on a link about half-way down the Tuscon Event Page:

3) What else is happening?

Answer: Ground work, lots-and-lots of grassroots, volunteer ground work. You're gonna love what's gonna happen (IMO), so be patient and keep the faith (however you see it)!

happytobe :)

Post Script:

The following may seem a little off-topic, but not really -- articles from zen gardner's site that go together and represent (in my view) the foundation for a Great Gathering:

The Battlefield is You!
http://www.zengardner.com/the-battlefield-is-you
Fear Itself
http://www.zengardner.com/fear-itself
The New World Order is Dead on Arrival
http://www.zengardner.com/the-new-world-order-is-dead-on-arrival
Don't Believe Them - People are Beautiful
http://www.zengardner.com/dont-believe-them-people-are-beautiful

happytobe
12th October 2012, 17:13
Re above "Post Script" materials:

An important point should be added --

Do not hate the the New World Order folks. They are us, like it or not, as there is only one Consciousness. To hate them is to hate ourselves and perpetuate the problem. Simply see them for what they are and do not buy into their nonsense. My view and suggestion, of course.

Here's an article I drafted 1/13/11, that hasn't been posted and I just remembered. It relates to this important point and directs us to the heart and purpose of The Great Gathering:

Unity, The Solution

Unity is the solution that encompasses all solutions.

Unity or Oneness, also known as Joy, Light and Love, is indivisible, ever-fresh and non-conceptual. As the body ages, most people do not feel their age. That youthfulness inside is the ever-fresh eternal reality; all appearances, thoughts and beliefs to the contrary notwithstanding.

"There can be no proof of reality other than being it. Indeed, you ARE it and always have been."
--Nisargadatta Maharaj

Unity is the solution that encompasses and permeates all other solutions, because a solution that is not in harmony with everything else, is not a solution. Solutions that are truly solutions, will come from that ever-fresh youthfulness inside, and not from external authority per se.

"In a world thirsting for change, the answers must come from within. The only way to experience world peace is to elevate love consciousness. Until we realize that we are all one, we will continue to witness destruction and conflict in a society based in fear. You create this world and you can change it, in any moment. You have all the power. But we are not our thoughts, we are not our fears, we are not our emotions, we are so much more. When we come back to a place of innocence and perfection, we start to love ourselves exactly as we are. Just when you think life couldn't get any better, that love moves into everything. We can learn just to be, to be in the moment, to be the now, to be the love. We are what we choose, let's choose for the love."
--Isha Judd

Understanding that fear and division -- between and within each of us -- is manipulated in our world for the purpose of controlling us, the solution is to recognize the underlying Unity that already exists, and function from that reality.

'[W]hen it comes to our activism, the first thing we must become very sensitive to is "Am I divided here? Do I see an enemy?" Because if I do, I'm not seeing things in their true light. I'm not seeing the truth of things and I, myself, AM a part of the problem I'm trying to solve. It's very important.' --Adyashanti

_iQGgmkODhg

The good news is that Unity is becoming recognized as our reality. Once-upon-a-time we may have needed to travel to a remote village in Tibet to discover this, but now the information is readily available -- a quiet, spiritual revolution happening around the world. There are many videos on the Internet on the topic of Unity/Oneness, from a host of insightful people: Unmani (Lisa Hyde), A.H. Almaas, Dr. Vijai Shankar, Gina Lake, Jeff Foster, Isha Judd, Sailor Bob Adamson, Matt Kahn, Tony Parsons, Adyashanti, Eckhart Tolle and many others have YouTube videos available.

The Internet is an expression of developing connection, and The Great Gathering will be a reflection of growing Unity.

"Let us then be up and doing, with a heart for any fate; still achieving, still pursuing, learn to labor and to wait." --from A Psalm of Life by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Our Universe has its own plan, which trumps all others -- Unity.

happytobe
14th October 2012, 12:13
For emphasis...

The video in the above post is potent -- the centerpiece of Unity, The Solution. Functioning from a divided consciousness, we struggle. With a unified consciousness, we succeed. 10 minutes well spent, IMHO...

_iQGgmkODhg

Just a thought...

If you are unable to attend the Water = Life Event in Tucscon, Nov. 10th, my guess is it will be filmed. Though I haven't heard anything specific, an event like this on any subject is rare -- the meeting of Traditional Wisdom and Science, so I suspect it will be available.

And FYI...

"The Hopi indigenous people of Northern Arizona only have access to aquifers with contaminated water with arsenic. It is time sensitive that they receive a solution as health is being challenged there by not filtering the arsenic out optimally. Getting safe and healthy water to people is my passion and I do this by educating the public on proper hydration with a medical grade water device from Japan. This device is known as Kangen Water and can handle filtering out arsenic with proper external filters as well as turning water back into the state that nature provides. It is high in alkalinity, rich in antioxidants and micro-clustered for optimal hydration. I have created a goal to raise $7000 to purchase this village a machine with the extra funds to handle maintenance of the machine as well as external filters to handle their specific needs for years to come."
--Karla Dombroski

http://www.youcaring.com/fundraiser_details?fundraiser_id=10358&url=cleanwaterforhopi

Thank You!
happytobe

UPDATE 10/15/12 The Water = Life Event is postponed until 2013, per Event Page...

happytobe
20th October 2012, 02:29
UPDATE: Senate Bill 2109

Interior Secretary invites tribal officials D.C. to renegotiate water rights settlement

Excerpts from Navajo Times, October 18, 2012:
http://www.navajotimes.com/politics/2012/1012/101812wat.php

"Top officials are mum on a written invitation from Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar to meet with Navajo Nation representatives to settle the Navajo-Hopi Little Colorado River Water Rights Settlement on Nov. 14."

"The Navajo Times learned about the Nov. 14 meeting through two memos that were provided by an anonymous source on Tuesday."

'According to the Oct. 12 memo from Navajo Nation Washington, D.C... ..., Salazar's plan is for the Navajo and Hopi governments to agree "on the portions of the settlement that have raised the most objections", "convince Senator Kyl to make changes to the settlement", and have "the Lame Duck" Congress pass the water settlement after the November election.' (Emphasis added)

Comment:

I highlighted the word governments in the last excerpt, because it sounds like the intent is to bypass the Navajo and Hopi people, ram a revised Senate Bill 2109 through Congress --with the agreement of tribal governments, and against the wishes of the people.

An earlier Navajo Times article of Oct. 4th, indicates tribal government secrecy on the issue...

Water rights task force member resigns
http://www.navajotimes.com/news/2012/1012/100412wat.php

"When Byron Huskan was selected by his community to be as an advisory group member on the Water Rights Settlement Task Force, he felt it was a chance to truly voice the concerns of the Navajo people.

"But at the first public meeting of the task force meeting on Sept. 28, Huskon immediately resigned when Navajo Nation Department of Justice Deputy Attorney General Dana Bobroff requested that all members of the task force sign confidentiality statements since they would be present during executive sessions." ... (end of excerpts)

This last summer, 2012, the Navajo and Hopi people overwhelmingly rejected SB2109, and the tribal governments had to concede.

For example, an action item passed June 15 by the Hopi Tribal Council officially rejected Senate Bill 2109 sponsored by Sens. Kyl and John McCain, R-Ariz., and the companion settlement agreement, and prohibited further negotiation. Yet, the Chairman of the Hopi tribe continues to negotiate:

Hopis on board to renegotiate terms of water rights settlement -- Oct. 18
http://www.navajotimes.com/politics/2012/1012/101812rig.php

--directly contrary to the June 15th action item:

Hopi Tribal Council rejects SB 2109 in 11 to 4 vote -June 19
http://www.navajohopiobserver.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=795&ArticleID=14633

"... it requires that if another water rights settlement comes before the Hopi Tribe, that it will only be decided on by members of the Hopi Tribe through a voter referendum (not the Hopi Tribal Council) after a full and open consultation and through the participation of the villages and tribal members."

Note: I added an UPDATE (Oct. 15) at the end of my previous post, indicating that the WATER = LIFE Event scheduled for November 10, 2012, was being postponed until 2013. My guess is that the developments on SB2109 have played a part in the postponement.

happytobe
3rd November 2012, 16:32
Update, FYI...

CLEAN WATER FOR HOPI

Raised: $2595.00

Target: $7000.00

Link...

:)

From the link...

Excerpt Update-2, 10/31/12, by Karla Dombroski:

"I have been in touch with a man in the states who builds water filtration systems from scratch, and also gave me some feedback on what is maybe a better option to get the arsenic out for the Hopi. So I am in the middle of getting the answers I need to get clear on what he can provide.

"Thank you for your contribution and your support, I am humbled and so excited by what is being created."

happytobe
16th November 2012, 16:40
Update on SB2109 -- proposed "Navajo-Hopi Little Colorado River Water Rights Settlement Act of 2012":

The meeting of Navajo and Hopi representatives with Interior Secretary Ken Salazar, took place this last Wednesday, Nov. 14th, in D.C.

One of the sites I rely on for grassroots info is:

https://www.facebook.com/navajotruth

A posting by Navajo Truth on the 14th states that the lead lawyer for the Navajo, Stanley Pollack, is working against the interest of the Navajo:

"URGENT!! Update from Washington DC meeting with Salazar...STANLEY POLLACK is trying to force our Navajo representatives to SIGN an AGREE to S.2109 an H.R.4067...some of our reps are giving the meeting a huge 'THUMBS DOWN'...and they are stating that "STANLEY POLLACK NEEDS TO BE THROWN OUT!...PERIOD!!"

This view of Stanley Pollack is not new, and is reinforced by yesterday's Navajo Times article, concerning the difficulty the Navajo Water Rights Task Force is having in working with him:

"At the end of [an] Oct. 29 meeting, the task force directed the tribe's water rights settlement legal team, which tribal attorney Stanley Pollack heads, to draft legislation that incorporated their water rights settlement recommendations, which they would review on Nov. 7 before presenting it to U.S. Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar in Washington, D.C., this week. ...

"On Nov. 7, at the urging of Delegate Dwight Witherspoon (Black Mesa/Forest Lake/Hard Rock/Pinon/Whipporwill), the task force repeatedly questioned their legal team, which included acting Chief Legislative Counsel Ed McCool, about their failure to follow the task force's instructions.

"Witherspoon, who is a task force member, said that the draft legislation was basically Senate Bill 2109, which was not what the task force wanted."

Link to full article:
http://www.navajotimes.com/news/2012/1112/111512wat.php

It is not the task force that retains Pollack, but those Tribal Council Members, including Chairman Shelly, who favor SB2109 (for God knows what, personal, self-serving reasons).

Here's the link to the Interior Department's News Release, following the Nov. 14th Meeting:

http://www.doi.gov/news/pressreleases/interior-hosts-navajo-and-hopi-leadership-for-water-settlement-discussions.cfm

Navajo Truth, also in a Wednesday posting, references the News Release as indicating Hopi Chairman Shingoitewa's willingness to "sign on the dotted line," and approve SB2109:

"From NxtIndigenousGeneration:

"VIA HOPI GRASSROOTS:
Okay people....I don't think any of us are surprised that Leroy Shingoitewa and the Hopi contingent that he took with him to Washington DC are already ready to sign on the dotted line to
approve a NEW water settlement agreem"ent WITHOUT going before the Hopi or Tewa people to inform or get their consent. See the press release that was just issued from Secretary of the Interior's Ken Salazar's office just NOW.

"We are so disgusted by this.....time to mobilize and let Shing and the Hopi Council know, we aren't gonna stand for this.
ITS TIME.

"Please share and pass onto all Hopis, Tewas and Navajo water grassroots advocates."

And here's the quote from the News Release:

“Today’s historic meeting provided the Hopi Nation with an opportunity to identify outstanding issues that need to be resolved before a settlement can move forward,” said Chairman Leroy Shingoitewa of the Hopi Nation. “Because of the high level involvement of our leadership, the Navajo leadership, and Secretary Salazar and his team, I believe that we can and should move forward.”

Should anyone think Navajo Truth is reading too much into the quote, Shingoitewa has a history of disregarding the will and interests of the Hopi people as a whole (he is not a traditional Hopi, but the product of Western Civilization, and in particular the Senator Kyl school of political behavior, IMO).

Benjamin H. Nuvamsa, a Former Hopi Chairman, who is a traditional leader, set up a meeting in Hopi, for last night (Nov. 15), in an attempt to do the job of informing the people that Shingoitewa is not:

"There are several very important issues currently facing our tribe, but no one from the tribal administration is sharing them with our villages, traditional leaders, and tribal members. These issues have potentially long lasting and devastating impacts on our tribe. There are other issues that the current tribal administration is doing, or has done, but tribal members have no knowledge of them. If you are interested and want to hear about these issues, come to the Hopi Cultural Center on Thursday at 5:00 p.m. for an evening of discussion and dialogue. We are at a very critical juncture in the history of our tribe that I believe everybody should know what direction the current tribal administration is taking our tribe. Some of the issues we will discuss include.

1. Revised Senate Bill 2109 (and House Resolution 4067) “Navajo and Hopi Little Colorado River Water Rights Settlement Act of 2012”. Despite the overwhelming rejection of this bill by our villages, leaders and tribal members, Leroy Shingoitewa & certain members of the Water & Energy Team are continuing to negotiate this legislation and the Settlement Agreement. In fact, they are in Washington, DC this week in meetings with Department of Interior Secretary Ken Salazar and Navajo Nation officials. We recently received a copy of proposed changes to S.2109 that Shingoitewa and his attorneys have been secretly negotiating without our knowledge and approval. Secretary Salazar and some tribal officials have indicated they want to push this legislation for passage during the lame duck Congress (before the end of this year). We, past elected tribal leaders, have written to the tribal council to direct Shingoitewa to cease the negotiations and comply with Resolution H-072-2012. And I sent a letter to Secretary Salazar (with copies to Senator Akaka, Senator Kyl, Senator McCain, Assistant Secretary-Indian Affairs Washburn) that Shingoitewa and the tribal council do not have authority to negotiate and give away our water rights. ..."

Link to full article:
http://beyondthemesas.com/2012/11/13/important-issues-facing-the-hopi-tribe

As I have said before, the "Tribal Council" system is an imposition on Indigenous People by the U.S. Government, a means by which Corporate interest secure access to their resources. Traditional Hopi governance, for example, is through the Villages, and the priority and power of the Villages is written into the Hopi Constitution... Yet the imposed "Tribal Council" ignores them.

To TAKE ACTION in this matter (via letter, email or other support), or for more information, you may wish to check the following sites:

http://traditionalhopi.org

https://www.facebook.com/navajotruth

Take care,
happytobe

EDIT: For an introduction to the subject of SB2109, please see my Post #49, above. Thank you.

happytobe
7th December 2012, 05:40
Update: Clean Water for Hopi -- $7,000 Raised! [as of 02/28/2013 -- see latest EDITS, below]

Raised: $3780 (54%) Goal: $7000 5 Days left! [12/27]

73 Supporters with an average Donation of $51.78 [12/27]

http://www.youcaring.com/other/Clean-Water-For-Hopi/34543

"The Hopi people of Northern Arizona have access to aquifers with contaminated water with arsenic. It is time sensitive that they receive a solution as health is being challenged down there by not filtering the arsenic out optimally.

Getting safe and healthy water to people is my passion. I am working with a few people that make filtration systems from scratch for specific situations, and who have dealt with arsenic in the past. The funds raised will be for the unit it self, extra filters as well as maintenance for the machine for years to come.

I will be training someone on the use of the machine so it can be managed there with ease.

I am sharing this with you all in excitement of what our community can do together by December 31st, 2012 to raise the necessary funds for the Hopi people. Who is committed to creating a win-win for our communities near and far? Please share this with your friends, family and community. There is no limit to what we can create together.

I can be reached at karladombroski@gmail.com and 604-999-0672"

http://www.youcaring.com/other/Clean-Water-For-Hopi/34543

FYI, AUDIO FILE...

Karla Dombroski - The Importance of Water
THE GREAT GATHERING RADIO

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/thegreatgatheringradio/2012/07/13/karla-dombroski--the-importance-of-water

EDIT 12/11/12: Fundraiser ending date extended from 12/14/12 to 12/31/12. Funds raised, number of supporters, average donation, days left and ending date, brought current in this posting.

EDIT 12/12/12: Stats above brought current (good progress, IMO). Also, here's "Update-3" posted by Karla, today...

"I am currently in touch with a large company who is very interested in this fundraiser. I have set up a three way call with the Hopi Liason and this company to further discuss collaborating etc. Stay tuned, and thank you for all of your support!"

EDIT 12/27/12: Changed "days left" for the fundraiser to "5". Also, there hasn't been an increase in the amount raised in the last two weeks, and I think that's because of Karla's "Update-3" stating that she is "currently in touch with a large company who is very interested in this fundraiser." If the generosity of 73 donors is what it took to bring "deep pockets" to this effort, then congratulations to the 73 donors, and Karla! She said to "Stay tuned", so we should hear more from her as this project progresses.

EDIT 02/02/13: See Post #70, below, for latest update (posted 02/01/13).

EDIT 02/27/13: Additional $420 Raised -- New Fundraiser Link...
http://www.youcaring.com/other/Clean-Water-for-Hopi/40914
(See post #70, below.)

EDIT 02/28/13: WOW! -- TOTAL OF $7,000 RAISED! An anonymous donor on 2/28 contributed the balance of the goal amount.

Thank You to all supporters!

happytobe
10th December 2012, 05:38
Al Jazeera News Video: "White House Tribal Nations Conference"

Did you know that President Obama spoke to leaders of the 566 federally recognized Tribal Nations this last Wednesday, December 5th, in Washington D.C.?

Did you see anything on your Local or National News about this? I live in Arizona where a number of Tribes reside, and I didn't. But Al Jazeera in the Middle East covered the story, and fairly well in my opinion.

Here's the Al Jazeera link to a 34 Minute Video (shown as 40 Minutes) about the Tribal Nations Conference in D.C., including a discussion with guests: Brian Patterson, the President of the United South and Eastern Tribes (an organization that represents 25 Tribes East of the Mississippi River); Patty Talahongva, a journalist who covers Native American issues and is a member of the Hopi Nation; and Ofelia Rivas, a Native American rights activist and member of the Tohono O'odham Nation.

http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/insidestoryamericas/2012/12/201212644149886282.html

EDIT: 12/12/12: Please Note... In the video, guest Ofelia Rivas of the Tohono O'odham Nation is wearing a scarf. The pattern on the scarf looks to me like the pattern that Palestinians wear on their head coverings. Is there a message here, of "solidarity" -- between similarly situated people, struggling to survive, hold onto their land and their way of life?

happytobe
15th December 2012, 18:07
Indigenous Solidarity with Palestinians and A Trip to Israel

What is that all about?

In the 12/12/12 EDIT to my previous post (above), regarding the Al Jazeera video, I noted that one of the guests interviewed, Ofelia Rivas of the Tohono O'odham Nation, is wearing a Palestinian patterned scarf. In the following letter to the Navajo Times, Janene Yazzie of Sixth World Solutions, specifically references Solidarity with the Palestinians.

Also, I've mentioned before that the "Tribal Council" system in the United States is an imposition on Indigenous people by the Federal Government -- a means by which Corporations secure access to tribal resources. The following letter highlights this point and the split between the "Traditionals" and the "Progressives" within the Indigenous community.

I've posted the entire letter, as I think it is a good one, and highlighted certain parts that drew my attention. The Navajo, also known as "Diné", live in Northern Arizona.

An unexpected trip to Israel
December 13, 2012

http://www.navajotimes.com/opinions/2012/1212/121312letters.php

It should not shock or surprise us that our Navajo Nation President Ben Shelly has taken an unexpected trip to visit Israel, a government that has committed itself to carrying out genocidal practices against it's population of indigenous Palestinian peoples.

I make this argument because our president has illustrated himself to be unfit to make the kind of informed, wise, and strong decisions that promote the inherent rights of our own Diné people; let alone prove himself to be the kind of leader that is concerned or educated about the campaign of genocide waged by Israel.

In his official press release he is quoted as saying "Our trip is also about cultural exchange in this part of the world where the Israeli people co-exist with their neighbors," listing his priorities as "Agriculture, Technology, Tourism, Infrastructure, and Government Services".

Meanwhile his actions within the past year alone have shown his complacency in the violation of the human rights of our own people through his endorsement of the toxic "Navajo-Hopi Little Colorado River Water Rights Settlement".

As part of his campaign to support this bill, his "government services" included sending armed swat teams and Navajo tribal government officials (and in some places state police) to intimidate his own people at public forums and to censure opposition. His open investment in coal and the policies that support them, as well as his contradiction between rhetoric and actions when it comes to uranium, all serve to create enormous obstacles to the implementation of plans proposed by Diné entrepreneurs to transform our nation into one that produces clean energy projects.

To hear that our president believes the apartheid government of Israel has more to offer than the Diné people in his homeland fighting against his policies is hurtful and unbelievably ignorant. In communities across our nation there is a struggle to localize food production by returning to traditional methods of farming and irrigation suitable to our climate, our soils, our native foods, and the values of our culture. Instead of visiting these projects or investing in them President Shelly has gone to Israel to learn about "Fertigation", a method that is dependent on the use of chemical fertilizers.

There are other Diné entrepreneurs such as myself trying to introduce sustainable ways of building energy-efficient homes out of local materials, with wastewater recycling systems that allow us to optimize our use of this precious resource.

The underlying conflict in all these issues is that all these grassroots projects employ "alternative methods of development" that empower communities to work together to meet their own local needs. However the projects that have received open support and funding within the past year are based on the unsustainable model of top-down private investments, based on illusions of trickle-down economics.

If President Shelly was really interested in how he could create the kind of development that will really serve the numerous needs of our people he would know that his first priority should be to invest in his own people and become a leader that protects our rights. If he is to represent us on the international level then he needs to become knowledgeable on the unsustainable structures that underlie our current globalized market systems.

Lastly, it is imperative that he begin to understand what those of us on the grassroots-level understand; that in order to establish alternative forms of development we have to fight against the status quo of existing systems of power that prevent us from achieving our self-sufficiency. This makes it our responsibility as the largest tribal nation in the U.S. to stand in solidarity with the struggles of indigenous peoples all over the world who continue to fight removal, exploitation and open acts of genocide on their ancestral lands. I stand in solidarity with the people of Palestine and those indigenous nations and non-indigenous peoples fighting against continued corporate, religious, and political exploitation.

Only when we hold our leaders accountable to their electorates, only when we take a united stand against unsustainable market-practices, and only when we accept that all our homelands are changing from climate change, will we be able to unite around a new vision of how humanity should progress. From my experience returning home to join the resistance inside my nation, this is the true heart of the Diné people, and it is a vision that has not been respected or shared by our President Ben Shelly.

Janene Yazzie
CEO, Sixth World Solutions
Lupton, Ariz.

http://www.navajotimes.com/opinions/2012/1212/121312letters.php

EDIT: typo

happytobe
16th December 2012, 05:32
FYI....

YUpiZ7OtTcw

Ret. Lt. Jon Dover and Sgt. Stanley Milford Jr. will be speaking at the 2013 International UFO Congress (February 27th to March 3rd), at the Fort McDowell Resort and Casino, in Fountain Hills, Arizona.

http://ufocongress.com/ufo-conference/2013-speakers/

happytobe
17th December 2012, 04:22
http://www.theorionzone.com/images/star_cities.jpg

Anasazi: A Native American culture flourishing in southern Colorado and Utah and northern New Mexico and Arizona from about a.d. 100, whose descendants are considered to include the present-day Pueblo peoples.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Anasazi

"Extending from the giant hand of Arizona’s Black Mesa that juts down from the northeast, three great fingers of rock beckon. They are the three Hopi Mesas, isolated upon this desolate but starkly beautiful landscape to which the Ancient Ones so long ago were led. Directing our attention to this “Center of the World,” we clearly see the close correlation to Orion’s belt. Mintaka, a double star and the first of the trinity to peek over the eastern horizon as the constellation rises, corresponds to Oraibi and Hotevilla on Third (West) Mesa. The former village is the oldest continuously inhabited community on the continent, founded in the early twelfth century. As recently as 1906, the construction of the latter village proved to be a prophetic, albeit traumatic event in Hopi history precipitated by a split between the Progressives and the Traditionalists. About seven miles to the east, located at the base of Second (Middle) Mesa, Old Shungopovi (initially known as Masipa) is reputed to be the first village established after the Bear Clan migrated into the region circa 1100 A.D. Its celestial correlative is Alnilam, the middle star of the belt. About seven miles farther east on First (East) Mesa, the adjacent villages of Walpi, Sichomovi, and Hano (Tewa) --the first of which was settled prior to 1300 A.D.-- correspond to the triple star Alnitak, rising last of the three stars of the belt."

Link to full article: http://www.theorionzone.com/oz_overview.htm

happytobe
17th December 2012, 20:48
Dec 21-2012 Message

Miriam Delicado from the mountains of Colombia, South America, encouraging everyone to connect with Hopi and with the planet-wide Energies of Balance for the Earth, Humanity and the Universe. A view of the terrain near the end of the video.

BtjYNn5KczA

FYI, her website: http://www.bluestarprophecy.com

EDIT, Same Day: Just came across an article from Zen Gardner:

"The Awakening Nears Critical Mass"
http://www.zengardner.com/the-awakening-nears-critical-mass/

"Learn to listen to and trust your heart. That’s the true cosmic consciousness internet. They can’t censor or shut that one down." ~Zen Gardner

EDIT 12/27/12: Another great article from Zen Gardner:

"The Unstoppable Liberation of Humanity"
http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2012/12/the-unstoppable-liberation-of-humanity-2523404.html

happytobe
23rd December 2012, 07:35
"IDLE NO MORE" -- MOVEMENT!

#IdleNoMore Events - Google Maps
https://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?msid=204534403836525039663.0004d13bdc1d5b9ad39cf&msa=0&ll=42.032974,-96.855469&spn=46.919933,113.027344

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/909920/thumbs/r-THERESA-SPENCE-large570.jpg?6

Chief Theresa Spence
Attawapiskat First Nation, northern Ontario, Canada

Chief Theresa Spence stopped eating December 11, 2012, vowing to die unless the government started showing more respect for aboriginal treaties.

She is protesting the unfair sweeping legislation put forth by Prime Minister Stephen Harper that, in essence, terminates treaty rights of First Nations peoples across Canada, thereby negatively impacting their lives, the environment and waterways.

Quote from NativeNewsNetwork:

“I'm willing to die for my people and the First Nations people,”

Chief Spence said as she began her hunger strike.

“The pain is too much and it has to stop.”

Today [12/21/12] across Canada and in various places in the United States – Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco and Shiprock, New Mexico – there will be protests in support of Chief Spence and the cause to turn back the Harper's Conservative government's First Nations termination plans. This includes 70 buses headed from the US to Ottawa, Ontario today.

In this era of social media and instantaneous news coverage, it is fair to say the whole world is watching Canada and how it responds to the ire of the First Nations peoples.

Because Canada is a Commonwealth of Great Britain, treaties that were in place are between First Nations and Great Britain. So, rightfully so, Chief Spence is requesting a meeting with the Governor General David Johnston, Queen Elizabeth's representative in Canada, and Prime Minister Stephen Harper.

Link to Full Article:
http://www.nativenewsnetwork.com/chief-theresa-spence-is-first-nations-cesar-chavez.html

From IdleNoMore1.Blogspot:

"You know you are doing something in the world when it's four (4) days before Christmas and people are more excited about attending a Day of Solidarity and Unity than track Santa Claus on Google Earth...instead, you find yourself looking at your Twitter account to see who and what is being tweeted #idlenomore. Then you go search your facebook & see what new and interesting thing or post someone wrote that inspired them to "Reach of the Stars" because as Original Peoples of these Lands, we can still show the world be are above the hate, genocide, the anger, the racism, and still see you as a HUMAN BEING...we are of the Creator and of our Mothers...therefore, we come from and belong to her ~ not her to us...this is all our connection...we all have a heartbeat, let's show the world, let's show Harper...we ARE ALL HUMAN BEINGS of turtle Island and across the seas that we can BEAT AS ONE."
http://idlenomore1.blogspot.com (http://idlenomore1.blogspot.com/)

Idle No More Community - Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/IdleNoMoreCommunity

Idle No More: Understanding the growing aboriginal protest movement:

"When Theresa Spence, the chief of the remote Attawapiskat First Nation in northern Ontario, started a hunger strike less than two weeks ago, few Canadians knew what was behind her desperate move.

"But over the last 10 days, social-media-savvy aboriginal activists have changed that. Using the rallying cry of “Idle No More,” they've begun to focus the attention of both the aboriginal community and, increasingly, all Canadians to what they say is the systematic destruction of indigenous rights."
http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/idle-no-more-understanding-the-growing-aboriginal-protest-movement-1.1087193

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/c62.0.403.403/p403x403/65117_525001460851658_565784034_n.jpg
Idle No More, Ottowa, Ontario, December 21st, 2012

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/c68.0.403.403/p403x403/16686_10151635147790910_633677419_n.jpg

Associated Text: Photo: Jamaicans were there too but I didn't get to have a pic with them .. so cool :)

9AEvM1G9ddQ

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/c4.0.403.403/p403x403/406572_296896230430317_559737978_n.jpg

Chief Spence exclusive interview CBC December 18, 2012:
2UQ4vMoeD2s

EDIT 12/27/12: Re-posted the Image/Poster from Australia "Idle No More"; the original post didn't fully load. FWIW, I've done an 11-day water-only fast, followed by 11-days of fruit and vegetable juice before returning to solid foods. After 2-3 days the feeling of hunger goes away. You loose some hair on your head, which is said to grow back, but I'm not sure about that, you see "floaters," little spots in your vision, and your focus becomes very internal. In my opinion, it is possible for healthy people to go around 30-days on just water without much trouble, though they will be weak and inactive. Some people can go much longer. In the following Christmas video, Chief Spence is surrounded by activity -- reporters and such, which doesn't help. Her face looks a little thinner. On the plus side, I believe she said she was ingesting fish broth; see "Exclusive Interview", above. She also has the prayers and healing energy of many people, including Indigenous healers.

MAZTCRQoGQo

EDIT 12/28/12: Changed map at start of post to Google Maps link.

happytobe
28th December 2012, 20:06
Update, the Water Battle...

"2012 Top 10 Stories", Navajo Times, 12/28/12
http://www.navajotimes.com/news/2012/1212/122712ten.php

"1 No deal on water — An attempt to head off a court battle over the tribe's rights to water in the Little Colorado Basin drew enough anger from grassroots Navajos that President Ben Shelly backed down and withdrew his support of the bill, S.B. 2109. Some of the public hearings held on the bill this past spring and summer verged on riots, with tribal police called in to keep the peace as picketers angrily denounced the settlement as a "giveaway" that contained irrelevant clauses and would erode tribal sovereignty. Some protesters went as far as launching a recall effort against Shelly and Vice President Rex Lee Jim.

"Interior Secretary Ken Salazar's attempt to renegotiate a settlement at a meeting with some of the 30 stakeholders, including the Hopi and Navajo tribes, ended in a stalemate, and last Tuesday the Navajo Nation Council's Resource and Development Committee directed the Navajo Nation Attorney General (pending approval from the Council) to go ahead with litigation. Meanwhile, the Hopi Tribal Council also pulled its support of the settlement — which was extremely unpopular among its members as well."

(emphasis added)

Comment:

The last sentence about the Hopi Tribal Council pulling its support, is information I haven't been able to find anywhere else. I'm wondering if Chairman Shingoitewa, who favored the settlement, actually pulled his support. There's always been a split of opinion as to whether the Hopi Council agreed to the settlement in the first place.

Edit: typo

happytobe
5th January 2013, 15:32
Comment...

The Powers That Be have attempted to destroy traditional indigenous cultures for a reason. Any group so connected to the Earth and Great Spirit is a threat to their power. Any group that can help humanity recognize its Infinite Self, will help bring their world of Divide and Conquer to an end.

I am not referring to the "progressives" that are a product of our contemporary world, but rather to the "traditionals" that maintain their ancient ceremonies and way of life. They function from a unity and balance that is the antidote to "Divide and Conquer," and essential to The Great Gathering of Humanity.

You can see their perspective in the following:

“The dominant society teaches us to be in front, be aggressive...Our culture teaches us not to compete but to cooperate with each other, to find balance [and] unity.”
~Phillip Whiteman, Northern Cheyenne

"Traditional people of Indian nations have interpreted the two roads that face the light-skinned race as the road to technology and the road to spirituality. We feel that the road to technology.... has led modern society to a damaged and seared earth. Could it be that the road to technology represents a rush to destruction, and that the road to spirituality represents the slower path that the traditional native people have traveled and are now seeking again? The earth is not scorched on this trail. The grass is still growing there."
~William Commanda, Algonquin Elder

"The supreme law of the land is the Great Spirit's law, not man's law."

"Wisdom comes only when you stop looking for it and start living the life the Creator intended for you."

"Work hard, keep the ceremonies, live peaceably, and unite your hearts."

~Hopi Proverbs

EDIT 01/06/13: Reworked posting, added and deleted.
EDIT 01/10/13: typo

happytobe
1st February 2013, 15:45
Update, Clean Water for Hopi -- $7,000 Raised! [as of 02/28/13 -- see latest EDITS, below]

From the link:

"The Hopi of Northern Arizona have access to aquifers with contaminated water with arsenic.

"I have currently raised $3780 through YouCaring.com through a period of October to mid-December 2012. I have additionally raised more funds that came through other means bringing the total over $4000.

"I have created a new page for funding as we have found out that the more money raised, the more people we can bring clean water too.

"Getting safe and healthy water to people is my passion. I am working with a few people that make filtration systems from scratch for specific situations, and who have dealt with arsenic in the past. The funds raised will be for the unit itself, extra filters, as well as maintenance for the machine for years to come.

"The unit itself will be built and installed in the spring time once a new community building is completed for the members of the tribe to have a place to fill on a regular basis.

"I am so grateful for the help that has already come through and thank you in advance for sharing with your networks to gather more support.

"Thank you so much for your interest in this project!

"I can be reached at KarlaDombroski@gmail.com if you have any questions."

EDIT 02/02/13: It appears that the corporate sponsorship failed to materialize as hoped. Karla originally sought to raise $7000. She has raised $4000, and is now seeking to raise the remaining $3000 -- in the next 57 Days. (See Post #61 at the top of this page for previous update.)

EDIT 02/27/13: Additional $420 Raised -- 31 Days Left! -- fundraiser updates posted 2/14 & 2/22

EDIT 02/28/13: WOW! -- TOTAL OF $7,000 RAISED! An anonymous donor on 2/28 contributed the balance of the goal amount.

Thank You to all supporters!

happytobe
14th February 2013, 10:36
http://www.thegreatgathering.org/launch_flyer.jpg

http://thegreatgathering.org
Site Launch Coming Soon

happytobe
5th April 2013, 22:04
Urgent Petition...

Stop the Auction of Hopi and Zuni Sacred Objects in Paris on April 12 by Neret-Minet Tessier & Sarrou Auction House and Drouot-Richelieu Gallery

Supporters thus far: 3570 [as of 4/11] Goal: 5000

http://www.change.org/petitions/stop-the-auction-of-hopi-and-zuni-sacred-objects-in-paris-on-april-12-by-neret-minet-tessier-sarrou-auction-house-and-drouot-richelieu-gallery

The following was posted by the director of the Museum of Northern Arizona in Flagstaff, AZ. "...the proposed sale of these katsina friends, and the international exposure of them, is causing outrage, sadness, and stress among members of the affected tribes. For them katsina friends are living beings; that is why they are called “friends” (kwatsi) in the Hopi language. The friends are loved, cared for, and ceremonially fed. They are a connection between the human world and the spirits of all living things and the ancestors. To be displayed disembodied in your catalogue and on the internet is sacrilegious and offensive. If one claims to value these katsina friends as “works of art,” one must also respect the people who made them and the native traditions that govern their use. And, as fellow human beings, it is my hope that you will offer understanding and empathy to the tribal people who are so deeply affected by this proposed sale. You cannot honor and value these katsina friends while dishonoring their makers. These are universal principles of cross-cultural human conduct."

http://www.change.org/petitions/stop-the-auction-of-hopi-and-zuni-sacred-objects-in-paris-on-april-12-by-neret-minet-tessier-sarrou-auction-house-and-drouot-richelieu-gallery

The full letter from the Director of the Museum of Norther Arizona to the Auctioneers and Gallery is available in English and French on the above link.

Hopi sacred objects up for bid at French auction house
Navajo-Hopi Observer; 04/09/13

http://www.navajohopiobserver.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1&ArticleID=15353

FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. - The Hopi Tribe opposes the sale of 70 sacred objects, which date back to the 1930s, at the Neret-Minet Tessier & Sarrou auction house on April 12 in France.

According to centuries old Hopi cultural beliefs, these sacred objects belong communally to the entire Hopi Tribe and cannot be owned by a single person. The objects have no monetary value and, therefore, cannot be sold.

"The mere fact that a price tag has been placed upon such culturally significant and religious items is beyond offensive," said Leigh Kuwanwisiwma, director of the Hopi Tribe's Cultural Preservation Office. "They do not have a market value. Period."

In addition, the Hopi Tribe believes a French citizen who was visiting the reservation may have obtained the sacred objects illegally.

"We think these sacred objects were stolen from the Hopi Tribe and should be returned to the proper custodians and caretakers, the Kachina chiefs, within their respective Hopi villages," said Hopi Tribal Chairman LeRoy N. Shingoitewa.

The Hopi Tribe has contacted various U.S. federal government agencies and other groups to postpone or cancel the sale, though it is unclear whether or not they will be successful.

"We don't know that [whether we will be successful], but we will keep doing what we can to stop the sale from taking place," Shingoitewa said. "Our concern is to do anything in our power to persuade and convince the auction house that what is taking place is very disrespectful to the Hopi people and to our way of life."

The tribe hopes the message gets through to the French government, to the French people and to those who can influence the auction house.

The Heard Museum in Phoenix and the Museum of Northern Arizona in Flagstaff have posted letters on their Facebook pages criticizing the auction. The museums sent the letters to the auction house as well to ask for the sale to be cancelled.

Both museums work within the requirements of the Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act (NAGPRA). NAGPRA, enacted in 1990, details a process for the return of cultural items such as sacred objects or objects of cultural patrimony to their rightful American Indian tribes and organizations. But the law does not have jurisdiction outside of the United States.

While France was the first to sign a resolution enacted by the National Congress of American Indians (NCAI) based on Article 12 of the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples (NDRIP) which supports the repatriation of such objects from other countries, this resolution is not binding.

In a Facebook post on the Museum of Northern Arizona's website, Jim Enote, director of the A:shiwi A:wan Museum and Heritage Center in Zuni, N.M, questioned whether anyone outside of the community can authenticate the sacred objects.

"No international laws that I'm aware of exist to prevent the sale of these items without that evidence. But even with laws such as those that exist in the U.S., we all know unlawful trade in Native American ceremonial objects and antiquities continues," Enote said.

According to the New York Times, the director of the auction house and Mr. Neret-Minet said the auction should be considered a homage to the Hopi people and they should be happy that people want to understand and analyze their civilization.

"This is selling sacred objects that are central to the way the Hopi's sacred processes is. For them to equate the sacred objects basically to the idea of art is very wrong," Shingoitewa said. "We just do not agree that what was in the New York Times and what the Neret-Minet auction house said show any respect to our Hopi people. We are not going to accept that as a reason to go ahead with the auction."

Shingoitewa said what people see in art galleries or exhibits or items for sale are representations of what the Hopi use in daily life but the sacred objects at the auction house are completely different.

"What is being auctioned off is not an art object, it has a spiritual value to us in that it is used in our spiritual world and for it to be used in this way is a total disrespect for what is going on in Hopi country," Shingoitewa said.

Shingoitewa said the role of the tribal council, his office and the Cultural Preservation Office is to do everything they can to ask the auction house to stop the auction and to protect what is rightfully their way of life.

"We are working very hard with all agencies to try and stop what is going on, not only there but throughout the world," Shingoitewa said. "We also have to be aware of protecting our way of life among our people, as well. We also ask this of our people that we begin to look back at ourselves on how to better take care of our way of life," Shingoitewa said.

It would be a relief if the sacred items were returned, said Mervin Voyetwa, tribal council representative.

"We just want them back home," said Art Batala, another tribal council member.

http://www.navajohopiobserver.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1&ArticleID=15353

EDIT 04/10/13: Replaced Arizona Daily Sun article (linked below) with Navajo-Hopi Observer article; more info.

http://azdailysun.com/news/local/hopi-attempt-to-keep-artifacts-off-paris-auction-block/article_0ef4a76c-9b1e-11e2-ba2f-001a4bcf887a.html

happytobe
10th April 2013, 21:30
UPDATE...

"In a Paris courtroom Thursday morning [4/11], a civil judge is scheduled to decide whether to block Friday's planned sale of about 70 Hopi religious masks, known as kachinas, by a French auction house."
Judge expected to rule on auction of Hopi kachinas in France
The Republic; 04/10/13
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/20130409kachina-auction-france-ruling-expected.html?nclick_check=1

Paris Judge Orders Hearing on Auction Sale of Hopi Artifacts
New York Times; 04/09/13
http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/04/09/paris-judge-orders-hearing-on-auction-sale-of-hopi-artifacts/

French auction firm faces court test over sale of Hopi tribal masks
Reuters; 04/09/13
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/09/us-usa-arizona-artifacts-idUSBRE93812R20130409

Bad Karma...

"If the shameless business of dealing in looted antiquities and the bad karma that goes with it isn’t enough, let me say to the auctioneers and possible purchasers of the 71 Hopi and Zuni masks to be auctioned by Neret-Minet in Paris, it’s buyer beware because the only way to absolutely authenticate a Zuni ceremonial object is to seek truth at the source by having Zuni experts, the people of the source community themselves, physically inspect the object. But that is unlikely in the case of a private auction overseas. So a carrier and potential buyer can only be assured of one thing, they may have a fake."

~Jim Enote, Director
A:shiwi A:wan Museum and Heritage Center
Zuni Pueblo, New Mexico

http://www.indianz.com/News/2013/008890.asp

And, FYI...

April 8, 2013
Re: Auction of Hopi Katsina Artifacts by Neret-Minet Tessier
and Sarrow on April 12, 2013
Napa, California, U.S.A.
As a close friend of the Namingha family and of the Hopi culture, these ceremonial artifacts are of sacrimonial value and belong to the Hopi and the Hopi alone. To auction these would be, in my opinion, a sacrilege—a criminal gesture that contains grave moral repercussions.
I would hope that these sacred items can be returned to the Hopi tribe where they belong. They are not for auction.
ROBERT REDFORD

Above Letter found under "NEWS" on the Petition Site:
Also referenced at...
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/robert-redford-condemns-tribal-mask-sale-sacrilege-125000776.html#hx1D8Dp

EDIT 4/11/13: Latest news...

French hearing on contested Hopi artifacts auction
Associated Press; 04/11/13

"The judge said a ruling will come down Friday midday [4/12], just before the sale is scheduled to begin."

http://news.yahoo.com/french-hearing-contested-hopi-artifacts-auction-100023058.html

EDIT 4/12/13: Latest...

French Court Allows Auction of American Indian Artifacts
New York Times; 4/12/13

"A French judge ruled on Friday that a major auction of ancient Native American masks and other artifacts could proceed despite a request by the American ambassador that the sale be delayed until the legal status of the items could be determined. The ruling came just hours before the sale was to begin."

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/13/world/europe/french-court-allows-auction-of-american-indian-artifacts.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=0

http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/2zNK8sFz82DDQt71PS24mQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9aW5zZXQ7aD0zNDI7cT04NTt3PTUxMg--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/d189723252acd50c2e0f6a706700e77b.jpg
"A French supporter of the Indian cause, who refused to give his name, left, holds a flag of the American Indian Movement and an American exchange student, member of the Arizona's Hopi tribe, Bo Lomahquahu, right, stand outside of the Druout's auction house to protest the auction of Native American Hopi tribe masks in Paris, Friday, April 12, 2013. A contested auction of dozens of Native American tribal masks went ahead Friday afternoon following a Paris court ruling, in spite of appeals for a delay by the Hopi tribe, its supporters including actor Robert Redford, and the U.S. government. (AP Photo/Michel Euler)"
http://news.yahoo.com/photos/french-supporter-indian-cause-refused-name-left-holds-photo-141721967.html

MorningSong
12th April 2013, 17:14
Thanks happytobe...I read about this auction a few days ago and just found an update:

Apr 12, 12:54 PM EDT

To Hopis' dismay, tribal masks sold off in Paris

By THOMAS ADAMSON
Associated Press

PARIS (AP) -- In a chaotic auction repeatedly interrupted by protests, dozens of Native American tribal masks were sold Friday after a French court rejected the objections of the Hopi tribe and the U.S. government.

The total tally was 931,000 euros ($1.2 million), with the most expensive, the "Mother Crow" mask, selling for 160,000 euros ($209,000) - more than three times the pre-sale estimate.

Of the 70 masks up for sale, one was bought by an association to give back to the Hopis, the Drouot auction house said....

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EU_FRANCE_ARTIFACTS_AUCTION?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

happytobe
19th May 2013, 23:49
‘Environmental genocide’: Native Americans quit talks over Keystone XL pipeline
May 18, 2013

Leaders from 11 Native American tribes stormed out of a meeting with US federal officials in Rapid City, South Dakota, to protest the proposed Keystone XL pipeline, which they say will lead to ‘environmental genocide.’

Native Americans are opposed to the 1,179-mile (1,897km) Keystone XL project - a system to transport tar sands oil from Canada and the northern United States to refineries in Texas - for various reasons, including potential irreversible damage to sacred sites, pollution, and water contamination.

Although the planned pipeline would not pass directly through any Native American reservation, tribes in proximity to the proposed system say it will violate their traditional lands and that the environmental risks of the project are simply too great.

Link to full article:
http://rt.com/usa/native-americans-keystone-pipeline-475/

EDIT: Relevant article by Zen Gardner...

Why The Deliberate Trashing Of Planet Earth?
http://www.zengardner.com/why-the-deliberate-trashing-of-planet-earth/

...and for encouragement, talk2momz...

The Unfolding of the Divine
http://talk2momz.com/2013/04/11/the-unfolding-of-the-divine/

happytobe
8th June 2013, 14:36
The Ghosts of Jeju [Trailer]
posted on YouTube by the filmmaker, Regis Tremblay...

4PAOHsHlXGM

"US reducing native populations to refugees to build military bases"
by David Swanson, June 6, 2013
http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/06/06/307497/how-pentagon-removes-entire-peoples/

The article covers some of the history of U.S. military base building, and ends with the following about the current situation on Jeju Island:

Jeju Island
"The South Korean government, at the behest of the US Navy, is in the process of devastating a village, its coast, and 130 acres of farmland on Jeju Island with a massive military base. This story is best told in Regis Tremblay's new film, The Ghosts of Jeju. This is not a tragedy from the past to be remedied but a tragedy of this moment to be halted in its tracks. You can help. Tremblay's film examines the history of decades of abuse of the people of Jeju, and the resistance movement that is currently inspiring other anti-base efforts around the globe. The film begins somber and ends joyful. I highly recommend creating an event around a screening of it. "

Quote from the Trailer...

"...many good American friends, they are good, but American Government is evil of this world... I think USA may be isolated by the people of this globe. So Citizens, American Citizens should be aware of this fact, otherwise you will be in danger. You will loose all the friends in this world."

~ Fr. Mun, Jeang-Hyun, Korean Priest, Peace Activist

happytobe
13th July 2013, 03:25
Miriam Delicado on Veritas Radio w/Mel Fabregas -- July 11, 2013

Indigenous Cultures in an Interconnected Universe -- Synopsis:

"The truth that Aliens exist is only the beginning. They are connected to our world, to humanity and they are contacting the people of Earth today. They share warnings about a possible future in which our existence as a species is at risk. Why are the Aliens’ messages so important to all of us now! Why are the Hopi so important to the future of our planet? Do extraterrestrial, alien contacts tie in with ancient cultures of indigenous people from around the world?"

http://www.veritasradio.com/non-members/non-members.html

EDIT: FYI...

1st hour of all Veritas shows are free to non-members. A 7-Day Pass for $8 is available for the 2nd hour of this and all other interviews. After this week, the interview with Miriam will be found with "Past Shows" under the "Radio" tab.

Miriam writes:

"This interview is very powerful and worth listening to the Second hour where we were able to go deeper into the subject matter. It was a very spontaneous interview since Mel’s guest that was scheduled had to cancel at the last minute. It seemed to me that it was a wonderful gift for us to have the opportunity to share with all of you."
http://www.bluestarprophecy.com/?p=5598

happytobe
2nd October 2013, 03:56
The Great Gathering news... October 1, 2013

Text from the link, below:

This is a special announcement to share exciting news with all of you regarding The Great Gathering of Humanity. The application with the IRS was accepted on September 24-2013. They are now a 501c3 nonprofit public charity.

If you would like to sign up for an email notification when the website has been completed, visit the website directly.

With honor to be of service,
Miriam

http://www.bluestarprophecy.com/the-great-gathering-news

Robin
2nd October 2013, 15:54
The Great Gathering news... October 1, 2013

Text from the link, below:

This is a special announcement to share exciting news with all of you regarding The Great Gathering of Humanity. The application with the IRS was accepted on September 24-2013. They are now a 501c3 nonprofit public charity.

If you would like to sign up for an email notification when the website has been completed, visit the website directly.

With honor to be of service,
Miriam

http://www.bluestarprophecy.com/the-great-gathering-news

Lovely!!

Miriam is doing great work and I'm looking forward to seeing it come into fruition. :yo:

happytobe
3rd December 2013, 00:13
Article...

The Great Gathering of Humanity: The Time For Global Change is Now
October 19, 2013, by Arjun Walia
http://www.collective-evolution.com/2013/10/19/the-great-gathering-of-humanity-the-time-for-global-change-is-now/

http://cdn1.collective-evolution.com/assets/uploads/2013/10/earth2-300x225.jpeg

The inspiration for the title I chose for this article comes from Miriam Delicado, who shares the message that we are one voice, one people, and one Earth. That we all need to come together, unite and collectively work towards planetary change. Inspiring people to take the necessary steps to create big change on the planet. More people than ever before in human history have the desire to do this. The words below, however are my own, they come from me and are not meant to speak for Miriam Delicado. If you want to know more about her great work, you can click on her name, it will take you directly to her website. She will also be making an appearance in our third documentary, The Collective Evolution III.

[Here's the trailer to the documentary, which is not included in the article. FYI, Inelia Benz is in the trailer/documentary, and Miriam's website is: http://www.bluestarprophecy.com]

kfq8uIZZ3Xs

Never before in the history of the human race have we become so aware of what is really happening on our planet. Never before has humanity collectively united to spread awareness and voice their vision of a world they wish to create. Alternative media outlets are garnishing millions of hits from all over the world. It’s clear that people are looking for other sources of information beyond the corporate media as they continue to wonder what exactly is happening on the planet. Everyday it seems that more people are snapping out of the routine of their everyday lives, putting their critical thinking hats on and observing what we are letting happen to our planet and its people. What was once labelled a ‘conspiracy theory’ is now an obvious fact. All global wealth and resources lie in the hands of a select few, several multinational corporations and the few financial institutions that control and influence our everyday lives. They literally program us and shape our perception of reality using a variety of different techniques. It’s easy to look up, almost all of the same financial institutions own all of the major corporations in our health, entertainment, energy, financial, educational and political framework. There are even published ‘academic’ papers that outline this fact(1). This framework does not represent the people but rather the corporate interests and agenda these groups would like to see play out. It’s clear to the majority of humans that we have better ways to operate here, and our window of opportunity to make change dramatically decreases with every second. Elitist groups are loosing their ability to shape the reality and perception of the human being. Meanwhile, you have humanity in a struggle to take care of themselves and their families, putting them in a position of survival, so caught up in their own lives with no attention paid to mother Earth. This is exactly what is changing. Humanity is waking up exponentially, and more people everyday are viewing the current human experience on Earth as something we do not resonate with. We are all together here, part of one human race, we must all work together, come together and unite if we would like to see our civilization move forward, expand and reach our unlimited infinite potential.

“Be the change you want to see the world,” a powerful quote from Mahatma Gandhi is something that really resonates with me. Gandhi, like many others before him and after him was well aware that our external world is merely a reflection of our inner world. If you want to see change without, you have to be that change within. Undoubtedly this could be the most effective method for global change, but I believe in these times it requires more than that. Operating from a place of inner peace, love and understanding is the key to change yes, but we must use action to change the world from this place of peace. We must identify what no longer resonates with us here, and take whatever steps our heart tells us in order to change it. Either way, events will continue to happen on Earth that serve as an awakening method for the human race, 9/11 is one example of many. You can create change in many different ways, it starts with your being operating from that place of peace and raising your own individual vibrational frequency. Planet Earth has been a very dense planet, a low vibrating planet which presents challenges for everyone to experience joy and high frequency feelings. The more the collective raises it’s frequency, the greater our strength becomes to change the world, and the greater the vibrational frequency of planet Earth as a collective raises to a new, never before experienced frequency range. Everybody has their own individual wants and lifestyle, but there are many here now that desire nothing but big planetary change, and will work towards that the best way they know how.

If you want to understand the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration

What kind of changes am I talking about? There are multiple examples of things that need to change. For one, our energy industry isn’t needed at all. Humanity has identified multiple ways to generate alternative energy without burning any fossil fuels. Everything from free energy, solar, and more. We have countless ways to generate energy with very little input, and in some cases no input at all. We must start implementing these things if we are to move on and live harmoniously with our planet. Our ‘decision makers’ must have the best interest of humanity at the forefront of their hearts when it comes to making decisions for the human race, mother Earth and all life upon it. Right now it’s clear that our ‘decision makers’ do not have the best interests of the people within their hearts. These ‘elite’ must be removed from decision making, and the ones who see us as one human race, us, must take the reins. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. Our health is another example. We continue to allow corporations like Monsanto to control the global food supply. This is another great example of the world waking up, humanity has identified multiple studies that show that GMOs can be harmful to human health. This is the reason why Monsanto and their GMO crops have been banned all over the world in a majority of countries. All it takes is peaceful activism and simply making the human race aware of what they have not been aware of for so long. Another avenue of awakening for humanity as been the revelation of the black budget, a lot of our history (over half) remains classified. Technological developments within the black budget world are coming to light. The point I’m trying to make is that our world has (very recently) become extremely transparent, any many people are speaking up about it. There are so many different aspects of our world that are becoming transparent, providing multiple awakening opportunities for many people.It gives them the deep desire to change what doesn’t resonate with them anymore. It’s funny, because the translation of the word “apocalypse” means “transparency.”

I am aware that planetary change cannot happen instantly, but what is instantly? Over the years our planet has changed exponentially, within the past 100 years alone the rate of our development in many areas is unbelievable, and that is a very short period of time. Right now, Earth is in a period where humanity has a choice, and the time period is even shorter. We can no longer sustain our current ways, and now is our window of opportunity to create massive, rapid change on a global scale. The start of this global change, this global paradigm shift started a few years ago and the progress we have made has been tremendous. I can’t imagine where we will be 5 years from now with the amount of change and the awakening that has already happened. We still have a long way to go. We are living in very exciting times. Human beings are wonderful people, we are full of love, light and compassion. We are all born with these things and hate, fear and other low vibrational emotional states are simply programmed into us. They do not represent our natural state, and we must learn to let them go. If we operate from a place of peace, love, cooperation and understanding, we will take this planet and accelerate it into a higher frequency, an existence and experience that is more harmonious with the planet and its people. From this place we will be able to move on and explore other aspects of reality and join the galactic community that awaits our transition. Now is the time we choose which direction we go, we are living in critical times. Time to wake up world.

As we continue to become aware, our perception of the planet changes. If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change. The collective consciousness of planet Earth is shifting as we begin to see things in a new light. Everything we are experiencing here is simply an opportunity, a test to see if we are really up to the challenge of changing our world for the better. Seeing the world through the heart is much different than seeing the world through the mind. It’s time to let go of this experience we find ourselves in on the planet, it’s time to move on, take the training wheels off and fly. It’s time to grow up as one human race, come together and move on.

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2013/10/19/the-great-gathering-of-humanity-the-time-for-global-change-is-now/