PDA

View Full Version : Lessons Learned

Charlie Pecos
11th June 2011, 16:44
Howdy Folks,

I started a thread on regrets of the dying (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?22599-Regrets-of-the-dying) and it got me to thinking about the lessons I have learned here in this incarnation. I would like to invite all you to post the lessons you have learned in your own life and to also share any pertinent stories you may have. Here are a few of the lessons I have learned, some are still ongoing.

1) Treat others the way you wish to be treated
2) Be quick to forgive and slow to anger
3) Love is the key to everything. Let your actions and your words reflect the love within you.
4) Always keep an open mind
5) Debt begets regret
6) Live simply. "Bigger, better, more" leads to much unhappiness
7) Try to see things from a different perspective. Perception is a very fluid thing and unique to each individual.
8) Never give away your power or sovereignty (still working on this one)
9) Happiness is all in the mind (working on this one too)
10) Starting threads is like planting flowers, some flourish and thrive while others wilt away and die. Of course I suppose some threads are like weeds and need to be doused with weed killer. :)

avid
11th June 2011, 17:33
I have really tried to do all these things, and have been disappointed by my so-called 'friends' responses (or non-responses) over the years, so have elected to withdraw from society. All 'they' want is my help/healing/ and platitudes. I have some wonderful friends, however, who have noticed my total withdrawal and keep calling me. They know I love them but can never go back to what is was years ago. I will 'disappear' eventually, thank goodness - and will welcome it as I do the light. I stay to maintain my olde parents - but it's getting harder by the month. No debts. No materialism/new clothes. I have a beautiful garden - but only half looked-after now. I truly wish it was all over, but my folks need me! Please douse me with weed-killer.....

9eagle9
11th June 2011, 17:47
For myself I too had to cut loose from friends that were holding me back. I really couldn't stay in touch with them. When I decided to have a silent retreat to hear only my own voice I suddenly shifted to a strong capable intelligient woman to someone who was losing her mind, and out of touch with reality. When I decided to live out doors for three months, same thing. I considered it an extended camping trip, no big deal, others considered that I was going mad.

I made the determination I WAS going to do those things because they kept calling and pestering me not to. That's when I realized they NEEDED me, they didn't WANT me as a friend, they NEEDED me there but couldn't do anything to accommodate my own needs. Which is what a real friend does. Some few shrugged and said, Hey whatever makes you happy, see you when you get back.'

Others couldn't let it go and STILL Have not let it go.

After a month of attempting this I was standing in a river really getting in touch with my surroundings when the cell phone rang... I lost it and I issued a ultimatum. If you do not give me this time, I will never make time for you again. Some few respected that, most did not and I have never went back on my word. This is particularly bad for people who do healing work, being somewhat of a public personality I realized people had tied up their self identity with me. If I'm radio and tv they are somehow more imporant by knowing me. Which is senseless because that is something I did, not my source of self value. So I had to do the cut loose. I wasn't happy at first but it has freed up so much for me to find others who truly value freedom and to help others who TRULY need help and not just want to tie you up in a co dependent situation. I never wanted to be in the public eye I was there because the expectation was imposed on me.

that's why I'm saying this . I needed it to be said to me and no one ever did.

Its not over really its just a time of new beginnings.

avid
11th June 2011, 17:59
Thank you 9eagle9 - you have put my problems into perspective - but I draw the line at camping out, as my pussy cats would miss me! I don't use my cell phone unless for emergencies (twice a year for my old Mum from the supermarket - are you SURE you wanted this..?). Yes - we are in a time of new beginnings..... Thank you for allowing me to not feel guilty..... xxx

manny
11th June 2011, 18:32
10) Starting threads is like planting flowers, some flourish and thrive while others wilt away and die. Of course I suppose some threads are like weeds and need to be doused with weed killer.

if it makes sense to one person then it is worth it.
to judge a thread is to judge yourself.your ego.

hmmm i don,t like that one ,it,s crap,it,s nonsense,
well maybe it just was not for you.
don,t judge,you are judgeing yourself.;)

a thread that has sunk may hold all the treasure that you may be looking for.
we are all seeking.

Flash
12th June 2011, 08:46
OK, reposting:

The lesson for me: THE ONLY TRUTH IS LOVE. THE TRUE VIBRATION/ENERGY/UNIVERSE IS LOVE.
see thread on dying here: http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?22599-Regrets-of-the-dying/page2 post 21 explaining the underlying experiences

The second lesson, to be able to implement the first is: FORGIVENESS, to myself first, for creating the ugly that I now have to forgive, then to others for being sometimes willingly my reflection.

The third lesson: TO LET LOVE FLOW THROUGH

The fourth lesson: To make time for LOVE TO FLOW THROUGH

mosquito
12th June 2011, 10:03
Hi Charlie, Yup, I've got some of those on my list too, I'm also still working hard on never giving my power away, and on happiness being a state of mind. The biggest lessons for me, which are still quite a challenge are :

1) it really is all an illusion, universal consciousness (AKA love) is all that is.
2) be true to myself (oh boy when am I going to learn ?!!)

Philip;)

DNA
12th June 2011, 10:57
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQlJ3vOp6nI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z2O289Jemo

Steven
12th June 2011, 12:09
What a good idea Charlie Pecos. Great thread!

I have learn that; In the eye of the Great Spirit, I am as important, and not more important, than any other creature in Creation. In the presence of a notorious person, like a president, or in the presence of a young kid of the street, I am the same.

It's a lesson I have learned, but not a lesson done for me, and still need to practice it :)

Namaste, Steven

Charlie Pecos
12th June 2011, 13:18
Some days you eat the bear, and some days, the bear eats you!

There is an ebb and flow to life, like a wave building and then crashing to the shore before it is withdrawn back into the sea, only to build up again in a never ending cycle.
Such is the way of the universe. Much to be learned from watching natural occurances and nature.

Universal language is patterns and repetition, synchronicities within patterns. Also subtle differences in sequences.
Subtle differences in perception open the door to new understandings. New understandings are limitless and infinite.
Nature is full of this language, and it speaks in very subtle terms.

Universal understanding is very subtle and hard to put into words, like a different language. Trying to get information through the veil is like having to translate a language- not everything translates. Words are a limitation. Thoughts, ideas, imagination- limitless.

People are influenced into a weaker position, their inability to perceive what is happening to them is exactly what allows it to happen. If they perceived that they were being influenced where it is easy to then take advantage of them, to manipulate and control them, it would never happen. It's a guided tour and we let it happen.

Never give away your power.