PDA

View Full Version : SK Ship sunk by torpedo.

Fredkc
20th May 2010, 18:51
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/05/19/officials-deciding-respons-north-korea-sinking-south-koreas-ship/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnews%2Fpolitics+%28Text+-+Politics%29

"Based on all such relevant facts and classified analysis, we have reached the clear conclusion that (the Cheonan) was sunk as the result of an external underwater explosion caused by a torpedo made in North Korea," it said. "The evidence points overwhelmingly to the conclusion that the torpedo was fired by a North Korean submarine. There is no other plausible explanation."

While a military response from either the United States or South Korea is unlikely, U.S. officials say they are considering a variety of options, ranging from U.N. Security Council action to additional U.S. penalties.

Although Pyongyang's attack on one of America's closest allies in Asia may seem outrageous, U.S. officials fear that a severe reaction might set in motion events that provoke a North Korean military reaction or erode North Korean leader Kim Jong Il's grip on power.

Either war or chaos inside North Korea could have devastating security consequences.

"You want to deter the North Koreans from doing this sort of thing again, but you also don't want to start a war," said Victor Cha, the North Korea pointman in President George W. Bush's White House and now the Korea chair at the Center for Strategic and International Studies.

"It's like threading the needle. You want a response that deters but does not provoke," Cha said.

For a second day in a row, senior American military, intelligence and diplomatic officials huddled in Washington to prepare a response to South Korea's report formally blaming the North for the explosion March 26 that sank the Cheonan, killing 46 sailors.

The U.S. response will be a central issue during Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton's upcoming trip to Asia, Campbell said. Clinton leaves Washington on Thursday for talks in Japan, China and South Korea.

"The United States supports South Korea unequivocally and strongly," Campbell said, adding that Clinton would be consulting closely with China, Japan and South Korea on how to answer the attack.

Analysts predict the U.S. and South Korea will also step up their anti-submarine activities while Seoul may on its own bar North Korean vessels from its waters. The South may also deliver a powerful economic blow by cutting of imports of North Korean commodities, particularly fish products, that would badly hurt the North's desperate economy.

"North Korea should know that provocative acts have consequences," State Department spokesman P.J. Crowley said.

So... treat them with kindness, give them food and they do this.
Treat them as an enemy and they still do this.

China will back them, regardless.

Any ideas?

Fred

Zepheriah
20th May 2010, 21:08
Aye i have an idea, grab your crash hat, dig a hole and climb in!

Seriously though, this is how me and a good friend of mine always saw world wide unrest reaching the tipping point. NK/SK would create and incident that would escalate rapidly and not in humanities favour. SK are too stubborn and proud to backdown, even though NK hold all the chips and use the old you hit me i'll hit you harder rhetoric. Sadly, whilst SK has the "Worlds Police" behind it, NK have long range, devastating ordanance and possibly nukes and absolutely no quams about using them.

I guess all we can do is watch, wait and pray to our patron god/gods/godesses/dieties that all stays frosty.

Gita
20th May 2010, 21:11
From what I’ve heard North Korea have completely denied the allegations and are ready to retaliate if ‘fired upon’. Lets put our conspiracy hats on and go with the obvious notion that someone somewhere wants to start a war on top of all the other crap that is going on! Hmmm! Well you did ask Fred. :wink:

Oliver
21st May 2010, 09:33
This is another nasty lie and war-propaganda coming from the American PTB policy. The way the news was presented (pictured big parts of a torpedo..where did they found it?!!...as it would be not destroyed in such an explosion?!) shows the construction in the background. The doomed empire is again trying to defocus the world from the real issues. These killers had lied the world about supposed Iran's weapons of mass destruction, they had lied about 9/11, they only know to lie and kill. The blood of millions innocent people is floating in their unclear conscious. Everyone who is identifying his self with this policy and is defending it - is a direct participant into a mass-murder. Now, they want North Korea down...and they again started their non-human machinery against the life, but they will have big problems this time, I think.

Greetings,

Gita
24th May 2010, 09:46

Pyongyang Sees US Role in Cheonan Sinking

'Despite its strong denial of any involvement and expressions of sympathy for lost fellow Koreans, fingers are being pointed at North Korea over the tragic sinking of the 1,200-ton South Korean corvette Cheonan in the West Sea or Yellow Sea on the night of March 26.

"A North Korean torpedo attack was the most likely cause for the sinking of a South Korean warship last month," an unnamed US military official told CNN on April 26. Up to 46 of the ship's 104 sailors were killed in the sinking. Apparently, North Korea is being set up as the fall guy in an incident that is so mysterious that a Los Angeles Times April 26 story datelined Seoul was headlined, "James Bond Theories Arise in Korean Ship Sinking".'

Mission impossible
There are four important points that make it clear that a North Korean submarine did not sink the South Korean corvette.

Fact 1.

North Korean submarines are not stealthy enough to penetrate heavily guarded South Korean waters at night and remain undetected by the highly touted anti-submarine warfare units of the American and South Korean forces. A North Korean submarine would be unable to outmaneuver an awesome array of high-tech Aegis warships, identify the corvette Cheonan and then slice it in two with a torpedo before escaping unscathed, leaving no trace of its identity.

Fact 2.

The sinking took place not in North Korean waters but well inside tightly guarded South Korean waters, where a slow-moving North Korean submarine would have great difficulty operating covertly and safely, unless it was equipped with AIP (air-independent propulsion) technology.

Fact 3:

The disaster took place precisely in the waters where what the Pentagon has called "one of the world's largest simulated exercises" was underway. This war exercise, known as "Key Resolve/Foal Eagle" did not end on March 18 as was reported but actually ran from March 18 to April 30.

Fact 4:

The Key Resolve/Foal Eagle exercise on the West Sea near the Northern Limit Line (NLL) was aimed at keeping a more watchful eye on North Korea as well as training for the destruction of weapons of mass destruction in the North. It involved scores of shiny, ultra-modern US and South Korean warships equipped with the latest technology.

unquote

Continued here. (http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Korea/LE05Dg01.html)

Oliver
24th May 2010, 11:16
Good, Gita. Thanks. This is Hitler's tactic used to invade Poland in 1939. The fascists had dressed German soldiers into Polish uniforms and committed mass-murder over the German minority on Polish territory, near the border with Germany. This was later used to be a reason for Germany's invasion to Poland.
Now, when North Korea has the facts of not being involved into sinking the South Korea's ship, the question arises: Who did it?
Hitler? Well, not really, but his ideological brothers from the new fascistic empire!

steve_a
24th May 2010, 11:43
Hi Gita,

I've a tendancy to agree with you. All we need to do is ask ourselves "Why?". Why would North Korea sink a ship and then turn round and say that it didn't?
Let's assume that it was a North Korean torpedo that hit the vessel. Why does that automatically mean it was North Korea that sent it? Here in Brazil, drug traffickers use Russian made machine guns. Are all drug traffickers in Brazil Russian? The US export arms to the whole world. What I'm trying to get at is that in this global stage, the origin of the bullet is not necessarily proof of the origin of the trigger finger.

So why would a South Korean ship be sank with a North Korean missile? In an attempt to create a war? In an attempt to create a diversion from the real problems of the world? In the case of a war, this could easily be the starting point for something bigger, trying to bring China into the affray (which is why Clinton is in Beijing) and other regional countries, before the 'big one'. We could argue that a third party could have sent the missile to create this scenario, making other countries spend millions, if not billions of dollars in a war effort, thus destabalizing their already weakened economies caused by overspending from the first world. That way the pecking order of the world could be sustained without any of the major powers losing their status in the global run of things.

Who are the serious competitors for a new global force? China, India, Russia and Brazil. Clinton is in China trying to rally support, Pakistan and India are already fighting on their borders between themselves. Watch out for negative things to happen involving Brazil and Russia on the world stage. Brazil is still at peace with everybody, watching on the sidelines.

Best regards,

Steve

Oliver
24th May 2010, 14:17
Aha, so it is Russia who has torpeded the South Koreas ship! Or India?...Perhaps Brazil...or, oh yes, Burkhina Faso and Mauritus together, in their plan to dominate the world and the universe.
Steve, I am sorry to react when you are not addressing my post, but your analyze is quite not acceptable. First of all China, India, Brazil and Russia have no policy to be dominant power in the world. You can't find any fact that shows it. Their moves on global scene are only reactions on the American brutal imperialistic geopolitics. Contrary, you have complete history of the second half of 20 Century and this 21st as a proven fact that the country who want world domination is USA. Well, we don't want to unfair -- Britain would also like it, but the former Brutish Vampire is now able to be only a strategic land plane carrier....and, from time to time, to provoke divide and impera wars, as it is mentioned by you war between Pakistan (pushed by Britain) and India.
Greetings,

steve_a
24th May 2010, 14:25
Hi Oliver,

I think that you didn't understand my post correctly. I said that someone could have used the torpedo exactly to bring these powers into a war so as to ruin their economies, to keep them down as well, not that they would want to benefit by it.

The high power countries of this world are set to lose their position in the political 'rat race' and will stoop to anything to keep their dominant role. So they need to try and destroy economically the emerging world to keep their failing economies on top. If they do this by creating wars and drawing in these emerging countries to make them spend money they don't have (just like the US and UK in Iraq) to keep everything in the status quo, or by any other means, they will.

I hope I managed to explain my point of view a little better.

Best regards,

Steve

Oliver
24th May 2010, 14:35
Yes, Steve, It is clear now. Thank you.
However, there is TPTB network in all these countries. It is non-national power, using national policies as tools for their plans.
Greetings,

Gita
24th May 2010, 16:59
Nice discussion guys. I hear what you both say and my personal opinion is that it’s has absolutely nothing to do with any specific country but the PTB trying to pit one off against the other whilst trying to rally support especially from the Chinese. Now they also want the mother of wars with Iran who has always been backed by China. Now if they manage to get a war going with North Korea with support of China – then this will put China in a very awkward position of backing Iran as they cannot be allies and enemies of US at the same time!! IMO it’s much easier to start a war with North Korea than Iran at present time. Ah the backward politics of it all!!

steve_a
24th May 2010, 18:09
Hi Everybody,

Just to keep this thread going at a good clip, it seems that the US and South Korea will start some sort of military manouevres or excercises.

Is this the US trying to look like a hero?

Hmmm.....

Gita
25th May 2010, 10:06

North Korea: An Enemy Made in the U.S.A.

Hillary Clinton was trotted out by the global elite today with task in-hand — war with the authoritarian state of North Korea.

Jz24Ck_TyfQ

“Initial reports of the sinking had provoked fears that North Korea had attacked the ship, possibly with a torpedo, however South Korean military authorities have now said there is no evidence so far that North Korean forces were to blame,” the Daily Telegraph reported on March 27. “Speculation is now turning to the possibility that the Cheonan, which would have been carrying torpedos, suffered an accident or had perhaps struck a sea mine that had broken free from its mooring.”

In order to blame North Korea and set the stage for the possibility of a war that will conveniently displace the daily horror show of the engineered global economic implosion, a “joint civilian-military investigation group” of military and civilian experts was cobbled together.'

Read more: North Korea: An Enemy Made in the U.S.A. (http://www.infowars.com/north-korea-an-enemy-made-in-the-u-s-a/)

unquote

Gita
26th May 2010, 11:42

The Big Lie: Selling You War with North Korea

http://blogfile.paran.com/BLOG_815842/201005/1274321650_7.jpg

'Nor do I need to elucidate on the many reasons why the US Government is in desperate need for yet another war with which to scare the American people into acceptance of more takes and fewer rights and freedoms.

Anyone with half a brain realizes that the US Government, unable to gain support for an invasion of Iran, has changed gears and decided that North Korea will be the next step towards World War III.
Here is the big lie...'

Unquote

Continued here. (http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICLES/warwithkorea.php)

Gita
29th May 2010, 10:30

Beijing Suspects False Flag Attack on South Korean Corvette

WMR's intelligence sources in Asia suspect that the March attack on the South Korean Navy anti-submarine warfare (ASW) corvette, the Cheonan, was a false flag attack designed to appear as coming from North Korea.

One of the main purposes for increasing tensions on the Korean peninsula was to apply pressure on Japanese Prime Minister Yukio Hatoyama to reverse course on moving the U.S. Marine Corps base off Okinawa. Hatoyama has admitted that the tensions over the sinking of the Cheonan played a large part in his decision to allow the U.S. Marines to remain on Okinawa. Hatoyama's decision has resulted in a split in the ruling center-left coalition government, a development welcome in Washington, with Mizuho ***ushima, the Social Democratic Party leader threatening to bolt the coalition over the Okinawa reversal.

The Cheonan was sunk near Baengnyeong Island, a westernmost spot that is far from the South Korean coast, but opposite the North Korean coast. The island is heavily militarized and within artillery fire range of North Korean coastal defenses, which lie across a narrow channel.

The Cheonan, an ASW corvette, was decked out with state-of-the-art sonar, plus it was operating in waters with extensive hydrophone sonar arrays and acoustic underwater sensors. There is no South Korean sonar or audio evidence of a torpedo, submarine or mini-sub in the area. Since there is next to no shipping in the channel, the sea was silent at the time of the sinking.

However, Baengnyeong Island hosts a joint US-South Korea military intelligence base and the US Navy SEALS operate out of the base. In addition, four U.S. Navy ships were in the area, part of the joint U.S-South Korean Exercise Foal Eagle, during the sinking of the Cheonan. An investigation of the suspect torpedo's metallic and chemical fingerprints show it to be of German manufacture. There are suspicions that the US Navy SEALS maintains a sampling of European torpedoes for sake of plausible deniability for false flag attacks. Also, Berlin does not sell torpedoes to North Korea, however, Germany does maintain a close joint submarine and submarine weapons development program with Israel.

unquote

Continued here. (http://onlinejournal.com/artman/publish/article_5930.shtml)