PDA

View Full Version : Hypnotism: Can everyone be hypnotized?

aranuk
17th June 2011, 20:17
I was eager to have a past life regression done a few weeks ago and found some therapist and arranged for a session. I was told it would be about a two hour session and would cost £90. I went on the day and had a chat with the lady before we started. She wanted to know a few things about me etc. I explained to her that when I meditate I can quieten my mind and there is silence sometimes as long as 20 minutes. I explained when I close my eyes there is complete darkness and silence. I told that if she intended to speak about walking through a garden she should NOT describe the colors of flowers and such pictorial descriptions but to say things like....you are walking through long grass in your bare feet and you can feel the moist grass brushing your ankles etc. I told her I was audio/kin esthetic. Hearing and feeling. She described walking through a garden and she described everything I told her not to attempt. Anyway I was in a very restful state of mind and in totally pitch darkness. She described a big house and I was to enter it. I was to slowly walk down ten steps and at the bottom there was a long hallway(I couldn't see a thing it was total darkness) I CAN imagine pictures for a nano second but they seem to be above my skull. So I imagined a hallway for a nanosecond and whoosh gone darkness now. She said there were doors on each side of the doorway and I was to choose one. I said I couldn't see a damned thing it was so dark in this basement. (I am wondering here what I would have seen if she had told me she was switching on the light!) So no doors opened. She said ok now keep walking along the hall do you see any pictures hanging on the wall. I told her that it was pitch black. I can't see any doors or pictures. She kept at it. I said ok I see a gold framed picture, which I couldn't. She said well what picture is inside? I said it is black entirely a picture of darkness. She asked to climb through the picture frame. I pretended I did this. She asked what is in the room? What do you think I said? Yes! Darkness everywhere around me. To cut it short here, she went on with this same method for an hour and when I opened my eyes I had found absolutely nothing about my past lives at all. She mumbled something like you might have a dream soon which may reveal something, but we can do another session in a fortnight. I thought no fat chance darling. I gave her the cash and left. Can everyone actually be hypnotized? Did she use the wrong technique for me being audio/kin esthetic? Does anyone have any useful comments please?

Stan

Dennis Leahy
17th June 2011, 20:32
I was not able to be hypnotized, and the hypnotist specializes in people who are difficult to hypnotize. I was extremely relaxed, even fell asleep for about 2 seconds, but never dropped into a trance state even as strong as what I sometimes get when driving too long (driving "hypnosis", if that's even the correct word.)

I'm not sure what to make of it. Is it possible I cannot be hypnotized? Or, maybe I simply could not be hypnotized at that particular time, or by that particular hypnotist with the specific 'induction' techniques used? She told me that all hypnosis is actually self-hypnosis - the hypnotist is the facilitator, but the subject allows the trance state to occur. She seemed sincere, and I did not take that as an indictment that it was my fault - but then again, if it really is all self-hypnosis, then who else could be 'at fault.'

It was disappointing.

Dennis

ulli
17th June 2011, 20:42
Stan, my feeling is that you would have been better off with a male hypnotist...
Just a feeling

Donna O
17th June 2011, 20:47
I have had similar experiences. It seems I can't be hypnotized either :noidea:

aranuk
17th June 2011, 20:58
I was not able to be hypnotized, and the hypnotist specializes in people who are difficult to hypnotize. I was extremely relaxed, even fell asleep for about 2 seconds, but never dropped into a trance state even as strong as what I sometimes get when driving too long (driving "hypnosis", if that's even the correct word.)

I'm not sure what to make of it. Is it possible I cannot be hypnotized? Or, maybe I simply could not be hypnotized at that particular time, or by that particular hypnotist with the specific 'induction' techniques used? She told me that all hypnosis is actually self-hypnosis - the hypnotist is the facilitator, but the subject allows the trance state to occur. She seemed sincere, and I did not take that as an indictment that it was my fault - but then again, if it really is all self-hypnosis, then who else could be 'at fault.'

It was disappointing.

Dennis

Thanks for your comments Dennis. I think I can hypnotize myself actually. Many years ago I was playing chess in the league against another team of 6 players. We were playing in a room of a sports centre and after about an hour 11 players all started getting out of their chairs and making a lot of noise complaining about something. I asked what the fuss was all about and one of them said to me "Stan can't you hear the kids pipe band in the next room practicing? " I said what noise? I never heard a thing, I was concentrating on my chess game. Some other person said I must have self hypnotized.
Dennis did you also pay the hypnotist? :p I thought maybe it's my fault not hers. But now I think she did it wrong.
Stan

aranuk
17th June 2011, 21:01
Stan, my feeling is that you would have been better off with a male hypnotist...
Just a feeling

Do you think so Ulie? Why dear?

Stan

juliagulia55
17th June 2011, 21:07
Well... I am currently training to be a hypnotherapist and I qualify in two months. What I can tell you is that everyone has the ability to go into a trance state. We do this all the time i.e when we watch TV, paint a wall, listen to people talking etc. For a long time I, like yourself had trouble visualising things but I got into meditation and started to practice visualising things, then I stopped trying and just went with the flow and now it just happens naturally so from my experience that part just comes from practice. Having said that, I use lots of different scripts which combine visualisation and kinesthetic stuff i.e 'you can feel a light breeze' etc and I always have relaxation music in the back ground because I think using all senses is important and it caters for those who are not yet comfortable with visualisation.

Past life regression was my reason for training as a hypnotherapist in the first place and in September I am going to do a course run by Dolores Cannon - so excited about that! I plan to be the 'best thing since Dolores Cannon' in the past life regression world so I'll keep you posted ;)

phillipbbg
17th June 2011, 21:14
Firstly the hypnotherapist didn't listen to you in her pre discussion and it sounds like she was only capable of following her own script... what did she use as her induction? was it just talking you down with progressive relaxation? or even a mental task like counting back from 1000 by 3's ?

I think you were wise not to agree to a second session.

Jayke
17th June 2011, 21:16
What might have happened if she'd asked you to turn on the lights?

aranuk
17th June 2011, 21:20
Well... I am currently training to be a hypnotherapist and I qualify in two months. What I can tell you is that everyone has the ability to go into a trance state. We do this all the time i.e when we watch TV, paint a wall, listen to people talking etc. For a long time I, like yourself had trouble visualising things but I got into meditation and started to practice visualising things, then I stopped trying and just went with the flow and now it just happens naturally so from my experience that part just comes from practice. Having said that, I use lots of different scripts which combine visualisation and kinesthetic stuff i.e 'you can feel a light breeze' etc and I always have relaxation music in the back ground because I think using all senses is important and it caters for those who are not yet comfortable with visualisation.

Past life regression was my reason for training as a hypnotherapist in the first place and in September I am going to do a course run by Dolores Cannon - so excited about that! I plan to be the 'best thing since Dolores Cannon' in the past life regression world so I'll keep you posted ;)

Good for you Julia! I have been meditating for 53 years now. I started meditating when I was 11. I was also reading books on zen too. But no images come in front of my eyes. Well Julia when you have completed your course with beautiful Delores Cannon that will be something to be proud of she is a terrific woman who I greatly admire.

Stan

phillipbbg
17th June 2011, 21:21

He might have seen the light.... sorry just couldn't resist the obvious.

She could have done it with his eyes open but it is probably a little above her skill level. Mainly sports psychologists use this technique with there one on one sports athletes ... coupled with colour visualisation triggers.

Jayke
17th June 2011, 21:26

He might have seen the light.... sorry just couldn't resist the obvious.

any change from darkness would be a positive shift :)

aranuk
17th June 2011, 21:28

Jayke, I will never know. But if I was the therapist and in my case I would have listened to what my client told me before we started. I warned her NOT to do the usual picturing thing and she went on dis-regardless, which was not very smart of her. I would have began by describing the scene in a way that Julia referred to in her post above. Maybe Julia might be able to guess what would have happened? Maybe I would have seen everything around me like in one of my dreams. I do have pictorial dreams every night. Help Julia!!

Stan

ulli
17th June 2011, 21:32
Just a feeling

Stan

Hi Stan, I wish I could explain it better, but it came to me more like a flash....
This doesn't mean that I consider men to make better hypnotists than women, but that the energy between you wasnt't right to begin with...
After all, she had ignored an important piece of info that you had given her upfront...seems pretty unprofessional to me.
I feel a man might have paid better attention to that...
How old was the lady, was she a beginner?
Now I'm speculating...
Interesting, the difference between feeling and thinking....with feeling there is no rationalizing, only guess work
Wish I could be more helpful.
I have no positive hypnosis experience to share, by the way. Never subjected myself.

aranuk
17th June 2011, 21:39
Firstly the hypnotherapist didn't listen to you in her pre discussion and it sounds like she was only capable of following her own script... what did she use as her induction? was it just talking you down with progressive relaxation? or even a mental task like counting back from 1000 by 3's ?

I think you were wise not to agree to a second session.

I totally agree with what you say here Phil. I am trying to remember how she began. I think she started saying take 3 deep breaths maybe. You are feeling very relaxed and your eyelids are heavy or something like that. And then maybe you are walking out your house. And then she asked me if I preferred a garden or hills and valleys. I said garden. Then she described walking through the garden with all that I spoke about in my first post. My mistake I think was that I found her name on the internet, I googled past life hypnotherapist in Edinburgh. I latched onto the first one I saw instead of maybe asking certain friends if they could recommend anyone.

Stan

Lazlo
17th June 2011, 21:46
I took part in a group hypnosis session while at a retreat once. It did absolutely nothing for me.
At another time I was discussing this with a psych professor while we were taking a break from some group experiments, and she relayed that certain people are not conducive to hypnosis without the therapist administering drugs, and she said that from what she knew of me, she would be surprised if I could be hypnotized.

I would love to do a past life regression, but I have always suspected that my experience would end up much like what you described Stan.

aranuk
17th June 2011, 21:54
Just a feeling

Stan

Hi Stan, I wish I could explain it better, but it came to me more like a flash....
This doesn't mean that I consider men to make better hypnotists than women, but that the energy between you wasnt't right to begin with...
After all, she had ignored an important piece of info that you had given her upfront...seems pretty unprofessional to me.
I feel a man might have paid better attention to that...
How old was the lady, was she a beginner?
Now I'm speculating...
Interesting, the difference between feeling and thinking....with feeling there is no rationalizing, only guess work
Wish I could be more helpful.
I have no positive hypnosis experience to share, by the way. Never subjected myself.

Ulie I too am an astrologer. I have been studying it for 30 yrs and I have Pluto in my 3rd house. As far as I have learnt Plutos placement indicates where our immediate past live was. So I have always thought that in my last live I was either an astrologer or a scholar of some kind, maybe both. I was always a very keen pupil at school and couldn't miss a day because I was going to learn something new. My pals of course didn't have the same enthusiasm, but I played football, got in fights, climbed trees and things normal kids did. So I wasn't considered strange.:p But I was rather open minded when I started the session. I was not expecting anything really. As I said I can have an empty mind with ease. I feel as you feel Ulie that a man may have been better. I agree. The lady was Albanian and her English was not perfect shall we say. I also had to strain at times to understand what she was saying and a few maybe 5 times I had to ask her to repeat what she had said, while I was in a very relaxed state. When I come to think about it that in of itself must have upset the relaxation or something too.

Stan

aranuk
17th June 2011, 22:08
I took part in a group hypnosis session while at a retreat once. It did absolutely nothing for me.
At another time I was discussing this with a psych professor while we were taking a break from some group experiments, and she relayed that certain people are not conducive to hypnosis without the therapist administering drugs, and she said that from what she knew of me, she would be surprised if I could be hypnotized.

I would love to do a past life regression, but I have always suspected that my experience would end up much like what you described Stan.

Lazlo Can you visualize clearly when in meditation? I just thought of something...I can visualize better with my eyes open.

Stan

ulli
17th June 2011, 22:08
Wow, Stan, another astrologer. Do you have Gemini rising? Going straight to the first name in the Yellow Pages in such a trusting way and yet in such an important matter would confirm that. With Gemini there is alway that gullible element. Meanwhile I would have taken forever investigating to get the exact right one, have Pluto rising and Sun in Cap. The exact reason why I haven't done it to this day.

Lazlo
17th June 2011, 22:23

Lazlo Can you visualize clearly when in meditation? I just thought of something...I can visualize better with my eyes open.
Stan
I don't remember trying, I usually try to simply be calm, instead of focusing on anything at all. It's the room with both widows open scenario..."Let the thought exit as easily as it came in". Otherwise, I tend to do the meditation in motion regime, like when doing yardwork or going for a walk... "no thoughts at all, just be in the moment."

Jayke
17th June 2011, 22:35
Most hypnotherapists fail to test their work as they're going along, I know I was never taught it, most hypnotherapists are taught to read from a script which just isn't dynamic enough to work with every client. You'd most likely suit a more direct style such as someone familiar with the elman induction, much more fun, more dynamic, feels like you're being taken on a roller-coaster ride ...as long as you could tell me the colour of your front door without having to look at it or describe what an apple looks like without having to hold one, describe the texture, the taste, the feel etc then you have a good enough connection with your subconscious self to start doing some interesting change work.

Being able to see images and pictures as vividly and as brightly as in a dream would take a highly skilled hypnotist or lots of meditation practice on your part in order to help you reach that state...unless you're accustomed to accessing the deep reaches of the theta brainwave state while remaining awake and alert it's like a muscle that needs to be exercised regularly, the more you practice the deeper you go, the deeper you go the more real you can make things feel.

due to the unexercised faculties of the human imagination most people only tend to see faint images, blurred colours or even just plain empty darkness but it's not really the images that are important, it's the feelings, as long as you can get a feeling about something, the descriptive words of what that thing might be will just intuitively pop into your mind without you even having to see the image of it, trust these descriptive thoughts and feelings and sensations as this is your subconscious mind communicating with you.

The reason you didn't experience these intuitive thoughts is because she immediately broke your trust by ignoring what you said and you found it hard to understand her, the subconscious is the right brain, it's the creative, imaginative, emotional mind it speaks in whispers, faint images, subtle sensations and feelings, if you're conscious mind hasn't been subdued by the hypnotists trust then all you'll see or hear is the clanging and criticism of you reasoning, logical left brain mind which drowns out the soft subtle signals from the creative side.

The purpose of hypnosis is to still your mind in order to become more attuned to those subtle patterns of thought and hypnotists are really just guides, taking you along the steps of an internal meditation, helping you use your mind in ways you haven't tried before. A good hypnosis session need feel no different than a meditation you'd do by yourself, the more you pay attention to that connection between the left and right hemispheres, the more intuitive descriptive words can start flowing out despite the fact you may never see a single image throughout entire session.

Flash
17th June 2011, 22:40
About 15% of people are much harder to hypnotized. This does not mean they can't be, but the therapist has to be very skilled. From what you wrote, your hypnotherapist lacked flexibility and adaptability to her client's needs. Of course if it is pitch dark you switch the light on, or ask what darkness relates to or what the clients feels in darkness, this is being flexible with the client's input. To follow a rigid script when with customers, under hypnosis or not, is, in my opinion, not that helpful. It surely was not with you.

And yes you can hypnotized someone with eyes wide open, with using feeling and hearing instead of seeing, etc. In my experience, a few times, I would slide into an hypnotic state not realizing it, eyes wide open. When coming out I would say "wow, this was deep, or wow, this was far under".

If you were not at ease with the accent, this may have blocked you as well, although I think it has nothing to do with hypnosis. A good hypnotherapist can hypnotize someone almost without speaking, few words are needed, and a good therapist makes his customers very much at ease, whatever the accent he/she has (I have an accent and yet, most people in contact with me do feel at ease, if it is what I want for them - they don't when they are trying to fool someone which happens in the business I am in, because I am not a practicing therapist, although I had all the training in psychotherapy and NLP, including hypnosis).

Shopping for good therapists is like the rest in life, real good ones are far in between as for anything else.

Last minute edition after reading the post above mine:

From Jayke: The reason you didn't experience these intuitive thoughts is because she immediately broke your trust by ignoring what you said and you found it hard to understand her, the subconscious is the right brain, it's the creative, imaginative, emotional mind it speaks in whispers, faint images, subtle sensations and feelings, if you're conscious mind hasn't been subdued by the hypnotists trust then all you'll see or hear is the clanging and criticism of you reasoning, logical left brain mind which drowns out the soft subtle signals from the creative side.

The purpose of hypnosis is to still your mind in order to become more attuned to those subtle patterns of thought and hypnotists are really just guides, taking you along the steps of an internal meditation, helping you use your mind in ways you haven't tried before. A good hypnosis session need feel no different than a meditation you'd do by yourself, the more you pay attention to that connection between the left and right hemispheres, the more intuitive descriptive words can start flowing out despite the fact you may never see a single image throughout entire session.

Jayke, I entirely agree with you.

Rocky_Shorz
17th June 2011, 22:44
the hypnotist that tried on me dropped his watch... ;)

Flash
17th June 2011, 22:51

do we call that counter hypnotism? LOL Is it like counter terrorism, counter PTB, counter....., undoing the tricks and turning it back to the sender?:cool:

Rocky_Shorz
17th June 2011, 22:52
shhhh... ;)

loveandgratitude
17th June 2011, 23:23
Interesting topic. I am a hypnotherapist and I use it only for theraputic session. I choose not to do past life regessions unless absolutely necessary because you cannot change the past and there may be a chance of re-traumatizing a client. Also the false memory can be a problem not to mention collective consciounsess. I AM INTERESTED IN THE FUTURE. ONE CAN ONLY CHANGE THE FUTURE.

I say to my clients, I am not hypnotizing you I am un-hypnotizing you. You are already hypnotized. Yes that is right. Everytime you watch TV, watch a film, read a book you are being hypnotized.

The truth is hypnosis is a NATURAL state. Daydreaming for one, highway hypnosis etc. To go into a comfortable trance state you MUST BE COMFORTABLE with your hypnotists. I use spiritual hypnosis on my clients. Also I always say you are going down stairs and ther is a beautiful light shinning all the way down. Mostly I will do about 4 different things in one session to take the client down deep into the subconscious mind. I give clients the chance to speak with their higher self about the future. The higher self is themselves in the future.

It is a matter of trust. You must trust the therapist to be able to just let go and be comfortable. About 80% do not remember anything, some just have that drift in and out feeling and can only remember some things.

But remember friends, that if you want to change your programming you must do it at a ALPHA state. Like the hardrive of your computer. You cannot make changes, asking the monitor to change the programe (conscious mind - beta). It is a wonderful
therapy to help people quarantine old worn out behaviours, old dysfunctional patterns and more importantly create new wonderful habits that will support them in living a happy healthy life, relaxed and able to feel good about themselves.

Carmody
17th June 2011, 23:24
I used self hypnosis and mediation on myself at the age of 8.5, so hypnotism can work on me...if I allow it. I tried it once and I went under in about 2 minutes.

Prior to that.. I had self hypnotized myself at the tender age of 8.5 and was using the 'stilled breathing' meditation technique. The one where you shut the entire body down, the one the Buddhists use to go into the living-death state, at the end, for a corpse that fails to rot.

The sign I find is the relaxation and the tearing up. The tear ducts relax and we weep.

I did it for years and years and years....every time I woke in the morning. Each morning, I would go from sleep, to the hypnotic state, then to full wakefulness. Every day, without fail, for the first 36 years of my life. A long story it is.....

blake
18th June 2011, 00:00
Hello Aranunk,

Everyone experiences some form of hypnosis everyday. It is just how the mind works. So the short answer is, yes, everyone can be hypnotized, and of course practice makes perfect! The second important factor to remember is that the mind WILL protect itself. It sounds like you had a very unskilled hypnotist, as lovely as she may have been. But even if you had a very skilled one, and part of your conscioness was not ready to experience or remember what you consciously wanted to remember or know, the information, in pure self defense, would blocked the activity in some way. The subconscious minds of hypnotist, and the client are always negotiating. And if there is bad blood, known or unknown, of this life or of another, that hypnost will be limited in what they can do for you. I had an associate who was an extremely talented hypnotist, but a very unskilled therapist and he lacked in common sense and empathy. He had the hardest time hypnotizing one of his students. Every time the student went into trance, she would break into loud, roaring belly laughs. And yet when I hypnotized her, she was able to allow her mind to see what she needed to know. One day, he used shock hypnosis on her to unknowingly quickly get her into a deep trance. And it worked like a charm, as I said he was a very skilled hypnostist, not that I agreed with how he would disable the body's strength mentally setting is victim up to either fall down, or back into a chair. He was rather irresponsible hat way, just didn't think o fthe damage he was doing! But even with the physical control he could command, and even though he surprised her subconscios, and snuck in before she could close down the connection with the belly laughter, and even though she was unable to move, her mind instantly set up a second defense sytem. She explained later that once she fell back, all she saw was a black slate going over her eyes, and he could not get any more response from her, while she was in trance. For whatever reason, this continued to happen for the five years or so that we all worked with each other.

Hypnosis is an interesting field, but most hypnotists have little knowledge of how to help a client outside of their generally limited experience, and very limited understanding of what hypnosis is, and how the mind works. If a hypnotist reads scrips to you, I am sure it might feel good but he/she is doing a poor job of instantly reacting and molding to your unique needs and situation. A hypnotist that knows what he/she is doing, a good hypnotist, doesn't work from a script!

Sincerely,

Mr. Davis

Anno
18th June 2011, 00:29
I laughed when I read what script she was using. My friends and I used to do the house with the corridors on each other when we were teenagers. It worked on a few who actually saw different styles of house and different things in the rooms, some clearly pretended to fit in and there was a minority (including me) where nothing happened at all.

I think it depends on how open you are. I don't want anyone inside my head so it just doesn't work on me. Shame though, I'd like to see some past lives.

aranuk
18th June 2011, 02:30

do we call that counter hypnotism? LOL Is it like counter terrorism, counter PTB, counter....., undoing the tricks and turning it back to the sender?:cool:

One minute with Rocky and he was gaga!:p

aranuk
18th June 2011, 02:42
I will reply to all who have posted here whom I have not done so far that's a promise. I am going to bed now and will reply tomorrow. A wise bunch you all are!! I will sleep on all you have said I can tell you.
And thank you!!
Stan

christian
18th June 2011, 11:15

I'll be at a course in August, I feel excited and eager, too :high5: Yet it transpires that past lives are getting more and more unimportant, as we reach a point of culmination, the end of a circle, where appearantly many people are not lead to past lives by their subconscious but instead to the source or a similar higher vantage point, to help them face the tasks right now. All in all her kind of hypnosis seems to help people a lot, whether it leads to past lives or anything else.

I read a couple of her books and she states the main factors, that determine whether or not a hypnosis session works for you are:

- your subconscious/oversoul/higher self sensing whether or not you are with the right person and whether or not it's the time for you to know certain things
- your trust in the hypnotist and the process
- your ability of letting go your "control" over the situation

kesom
18th June 2011, 11:57
check out gerald kein from the omni hypnosis center,he reckons anyone can be hypnotized IF they want to,its just a matter of using the right induction on the person and that they really do want to be hypnotized and want the suggestions going to be given to them to work,were hypnotized and bombarded daily with suggestions through the media...........google him theirs loads of stuff on him :)

peace k :)

yaksuit
18th June 2011, 12:36
I think there may be a link between "photographic memory" and not being able to be hypnotised.

juliagulia55
18th June 2011, 12:54
:biggrin::biggrin:

I'll be at a course in August, I feel excited and eager, too :high5: Yet it transpires that past lives are getting more and more unimportant, as we reach a point of culmination, the end of a circle, where appearantly many people are not lead to past lives by their subconscious but instead to the source or a similar higher vantage point, to help them face the tasks right now. All in all her kind of hypnosis seems to help people a lot, whether it leads to past lives or anything else.

I read a couple of her books and she states the main factors, that determine whether or not a hypnosis session works for you are:

- your subconscious/oversoul/higher self sensing whether or not you are with the right person and whether or not it's the time for you to know certain things
- your trust in the hypnotist and the process
- your ability of letting go your "control" over the situation

Oh wow! Let know how you get on :)

IMO past life regression/quantum hypnosis/life between lives regression - whatever you want to call it has never been more important than right now. Every lifetime we live teaches us lessons to take to the next life time, we have become so dumbed down in the society we live in that we have forgotten these lessons and so many have been brain washed to believe we die and that's it. Giving people the opportunity to travel back to a time when they lived on a different planet or lived at another point in history helps us to realise how power full we actually are and that our souls are infinite. Not everyone can believe that without experiencing it for themselves. It also helps to bridge the gap between humans and ET's which is so important particularlly at this point in time. Our heritage and history has been hidden from us and in some lifetimes we were far more developed/evolved/advanced than we are in this lifetime. This gives us the opportunity to can get some answers. We can learn so much about ourselves from visiting our past lifes, particularly those who are awakening now.

Honestly, Dolores Cannon's book 'Legacy From The Stars' blew my mind. In one chapter her client actually reports back from a future life... Imagine what we could achieve if we could all develop this technique and use it :eek:

Corncrake
18th June 2011, 13:49
This is a very interesting thread. I unfortunately had a similar experience to you. I have felt profoundly 'stuck' in my life for some years and have been looking for some answers. I had hoped a past life regression might help but have had two without any success. Both were with experienced hypnotherapists. The second was with one of Dolores Cannon's students. She was psychic, did a lot of exorcism work and had had many interesting experiences in her life. We talked for a good hour before getting started and, being used to meditating and having done a hypnotherapy course myself, I was feeling happily relaxed but just could not go under - I saw a few hazy images but that was all. Later she told me that she always saw ghosts in the room when regressing someone but not in my case. I have been questioning ever since whether everyone can be hypnotised and while I agree that probably everyone can go into a trance state - I have done it myself often enough on long car journeys - I am not convinced that all can be regressed. I would love to know if Dolores Cannon herself has had any 'failures'. So many of the people I read about who are skilled in these areas such as Gordon Smith, Eric Pearl, Barbara Brennan seem to be born psychic or at least, as we are all meant to be born with these skills then they have not lost or forgotten them.