PDA

View Full Version : More scarry storms last night!

Davy
22nd June 2011, 10:48
More Scary storms, just less than two months ago we endeavored an e1 tornado just here where we live. IT was one of the most frightening experiences I can recall in a storm, we were lucky it was just an e1, but it damaged almost every home in Our neighborhood with softball size hail, I have been involved with the insurance company that says they have never had claims like these before here in the south!

Well just tonight we were back in the basement, You see My Partner Casper is Clairvoyant, HE can sense the energy from these storms and when He says to get to the basement then my adrenaline starts to pumping, I have to gather the dogs and drag them down the back stairs of our back porch to the basement that is only accessible to the outside. The wind had begun to blow so hard I thought it was going to sweep me up before I made it to the basement door.

We have a spot in the basement as our safe space, but after this storm I realized I have got to get it equipped with everything we may need, flashlights, batteries, secure the ceiling with extra beams, move the fifty gallons of water I have managed to save from washing our milk jugs, and orange juice containers, to the basement, clean it up and make it comfortable with blankets, pillows, food, water and don’t forget matches lots of matches.

I do believe that those who are prepared will have higher survival rates to get through these rough times to see a new world where we will pull together and help our neighbors, I have been talking to some of my neighbors and am working on strong friendships, This will be important, to know your neighbors help each other to pull together as a community and no longer be brainwashed by the reality they now live in, to wake up and see that we are all connected and to connect to that and each other!

Love and Light,
Davy

Carmen
22nd June 2011, 10:56
Where do you live Davy? Preparing for more storms seems to me to be a great idea. Be safe!

ghostrider
22nd June 2011, 12:13
get what you think you need if all power goes out and at least a months worth of food/water. best of luck riding the storms out. we are with you. yes we are all connected.

Davy
22nd June 2011, 14:22
Thanks Carmon, I live in Knoxville, TN, we are expecting more bad storms tonight. I am going to make sure I get the basement better prepared it was hard to see with no electricity, lol, but that just makes me see the urgency in getting myself better prepared, I am stopping at the store today and buying more candles and am going to start on better equipping the basement when i get home tonight.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

That is my intentions,, tonight last night was scary especially with everything up stairs.

Setras
22nd June 2011, 15:14
http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/woalert_read.php?edis=CE-20110622-31255-USA

"It could take days to restore power to more than 267,000 Commonwealth Edison customers who remain without electricity Wednesday morning after a severe thunderstorm downed power lines and trees throughout the Chicago area Tuesday night. The storm, which hit Chicago about 9 p.m., prompted numerous tornado warnings throughout the area, according to the National Weather Service. By 9:30 p.m., the most severe portion of the storms passed to the northeast. The downed trees and power lines have Commonwealth Edison crews scrambling to restore power and Metra working to removed downed trees and branches from the tracks. As of 6 a.m. Wednesday, 267,000 ComEd across the area are customers without power, ComEd spokesman Tony Hernandez said. In Chicago, 5,600 customers are in the dark, down from the 65,000 without power early Tuesday. The northern suburbs are hit the hardest, where 187,000 are without power, Hernandez said. In the south suburbs, about 32,000 customers are without power, while the western suburbs have about 1,100 customers in the dark."

Davy
22nd June 2011, 17:26
The local news said this morning that 155,000 people were without power here and we have another thunderstorm threat for tonight and the next 10 days. The threat of large hail has been a common occurrence in the last two months as these storms are serious storms.

Ba-ba-Ra
22nd June 2011, 17:42
Davey, Here in N. California foothills we often have power outages that can last several days in the winter. Instead of candles, I'd suggest a battery operated lantern. They're good for long periods and you don't have to worry about matches, fires, etc.

Also there are several different types of small camp stoves available for cooking. Most of us here have wood stoves we can cook on. Grab some extra cans of soup while you're out shopping. - and may I suggest a deck of cards. Solitaire has gotten me thru many long powerless nights.

Davy
22nd June 2011, 19:45
Thanks Ba-ba-ra I will look for some battery powered lanterns and for a wood stove I have a chimney just need to get a stove that is on my to do list before this winter just in case I were to need it for heating and cooking.

Davy
22nd June 2011, 19:57
Wow, they just said on the radio, that last nights power outage was the largest power outage ever recorded for Knoxville.

QueenKat
22nd June 2011, 21:54
Wow, Davy, I know how you feel. I think those may be the same storms that came through North Texas a couple of days ago! That storm had thunder so loud, it woke me up through my earplugs! It was so scary!

Last night's storm was pretty bad. Our lights were only off for a couple of minutes, though. We've been real lucky, where we are, but lots of surrounding areas have been without electricity through these storms, too.

All this crazy weather is more than a little frightening...it seems ominous somehow.

Davy
23rd June 2011, 02:47
Well we know that things are happening and they seem to be happening very fast, But preparedness is one of the keys to survival, But it is still frightning but We are all in this together! And I do believe we are all here at this time for a reason! It is truly an amazing time to be here on Mother Earth!

Carolin
23rd June 2011, 03:02
Hi Davy

I definitely think we chose to be here for the greatest show on earth. Grab the popcorn:popcorn:

P.S. I posted in another thread about the sterno folding stove I picked up in the States at Dick's for about $10. Here in Canada you can buy sterno cans for about $1.20 each. It's a cheap, safe way to cook.

thunder24
23rd June 2011, 03:28
hey davy,
i'm up here in the county of johnson in tn. and whoa what a storm last night.

hope your well
peace

Davy
23rd June 2011, 12:23
Thunder24 we, seemed to fair well last night, yesterday was totally unexpected, i hope you stayed safe with no damage. And thanks for the advice Carolin I will keep my eyes peeled for one of those stoves.