PDA

View Full Version : The Passionate Glorification and the MYTH OF WAR: How can we expose-transform it?

sunnyrap
23rd June 2011, 15:47
This topic arouses my passion more than any other in recent years: seeing 'support our troups' on every other car; seeing maudlin glorifications of young men and women in the service throwing their lives away for the mistaken idea they are serving their country--when the truth is THEY ARE NOT. They are serving a few manipulative, power hungry sociopaths AND WE ARE HELPING THEM. This YouTube link was sent to me this morning with glowing words of praise by a sentimental, well-meaning soul:

http://www.youtube.com/v/ervaMPt4Ha0&autoplay=1

It has gotten 3 million hits within days of being published and is being spread like wildfire as I speak. And all this smarmy sentiment is based on pure myth. It infuriates me that a single soul would allow their loved one of any description don an individualization-killing uni-form and take up an implement of destruction and call it GOOD. What part of THOU SHALT NOT KILL did these people not get? I am baffled by why, if these men and women are so loved, more of the 3 million people watching a video such as the above are not posting equally powerful YouTubes that questions the concepts that put these apparently easily manipulated innocents in the position of maiming and being maimed for life, killing and being killed and poisoning the lives everything around them by accepting and participating in the activity?

Slogans like 'Freedom Isn't Free', 'Serving Your Country' and other utter bull**** totally disgust me in the light of the truth about how and why these wars are started. Fighting the waste and putrification of the soul that these wars engender ought to be job 1 for so called 'truthers'. My fervent desire is for men and women in the service to be united behind JUST SAY NO to invading other countries and killling innocent citizenry, to taking up arms for ANY REASON other than being wantonly attacked, period.

I am not against the service. I think all young people should spend a few years serving their country AND other countries, with real, helpful service: helping build bridges, factories, schools, geolandscaping, etc. rather than acts of destruction. I think the ARMED FORCES should be armed with intelligence, helpful information and building tools.

But we willfully glorify making great sacrifices in war. Why do we need the high life and death, dramatic arena of war to make heroic sacrifices and to feel significant? And is this why war persists, even when deep in our hearts we know something isn't right about it--so that we have the contrived opportunity for high drama.

The ptb/manipulators could not succeed in making us participate in their evil wars if there wasn't some kind of payoff for the individuals acting them out.

Personally, I feel this payoff could be accomplished more positively in say, exploration of space, the oceans, science, whatever, rather than death.

How can we gain support for re-purposing the whole construct of the service organizations is my question?

sunnyrap
23rd June 2011, 16:17
Did you know that the Peace Corps still exists? I haven't heard a single whisper about it from anywhere in a long time, but since I worked for the Peace Corps office back in the 70's, I decided to see if they were still around--low and behold, they are!
http://www.peacecorps.gov/index.cfm?shell=learn.whyvol.finben

Think I'll get busy doing a YouTube that glorifies that...

Heartsong
23rd June 2011, 16:27
Supporting the Troops has always meant to me, care for the people who are in the service. Remember them. Send your love.
I have never supported war. I did not want my son to go into the army and then to Kuwait and then to Korea. He was of age and signed himself up.

I supported him in his trials, efforts, failures and disappointments. I kept his spirit alive when the army wanted to destroy it. He made it out in 4 years, shaken but whole.

That's what support our troops means to me. So many don't have families to come home to. No one writes to them. They have no one to confide in.

To hell with governments and their machinations. Support our Troops, every last one of them.

sunnyrap
23rd June 2011, 16:52
I hear and respect what you are saying--once the damage is done, support their spirits with love until they can remove themselves; however, my love and support for the troops is about informing them of the truth, keeping them OUT of soul destroying negative service and supporting them in choosing positive service to begin with. Like the Peace Corps. Offers nearly everything the armed forces do--all that is needed is to add the glamourous hardware like fast planes and ships and incredible comm systems, etc....

Carmody
23rd June 2011, 17:00
Cracking the ego function that is the core essence of the circular logic contained with war.... has always been a problem.

Susceptibility to ego issues is the core of the mentality in that 'machine'.

Which is why our biggest problems today in hidden technology and dimensional issues, this surrounds our corporations and their involvement in war.

But, as they say..this is all rather -academic and remedial.

Suffice it to say that the ego and the avatar, as a pair... have been susceptible to the 'war machine', and this is the core issue within our current state of affairs, on all levels.

And that is one of the primary hooks that is used to keep us going at each other and not clearing ourselves.

My bumper sticker would say:

"I don't care who's war it is--I don't support it."

sunnyrap
23rd June 2011, 17:01
If these facts about the Peace Corps were more widely advertised, I wonder how many young people would go into the military:

Source: http://www.peacecorps.gov/index.cfm?shell=learn.whyvol.finben
Financial Benefits and Loan Deferment

Unlike other international volunteer programs, there is not a fee to participate in the Peace Corps.

During service, Peace Corps Volunteers receive pay to cover living and housing expenses, earn money for their transition after service, get vacation time, and have options for possible deferment or partial cancellation of student loans. Peace Corps covers the travel costs to and from the country of service. Unlike other international volunteer programs, there is not a fee to participate in the Peace Corps.
Pay and Living Expenses

The Peace Corps provides Volunteers with a living allowance that enables them to live in a manner similar to the local people in their community, covering housing, food, and incidentals.
Transition Funds

Returning from overseas requires some adjustment. To assist with the transition back home, Volunteers are paid $7,425 (before taxes) at the close of 27 months of service. This money is yours to use as you wish: for travel, a vacation, making a move, or securing housing.
Vacation Time

Volunteers receive two vacation days per month of service, a total of 48 days over two years. Many use this time to travel to nearby countries, expanding their opportunities for adventure and cross-cultural experiences. Some invite family or friends to visit so they can share their experience of the host country with loved ones. And of course, Volunteers can use this time for a visit home (at their own expense).
Deferment of Student Loans

Volunteers may defer repayment of student loans under several federal programs, i.e., Stafford (formerly known as guaranteed student loans), Perkins, direct and consolidation loans. Some commercial loans may also be deferred during Peace Corps service. Because the rules that authorize deferment are complicated and subject to change, it is best to talk to a Peace Corps recruiter about how this benefit applies to your situation.
Cancellation of Student Loans

Only Volunteers with Perkins loans are eligible for a partial cancellation benefit. Fifteen percent of your Perkins loans can be cancelled upon the completion of each 365 days of service during your first two years of service, and 20 percent can be cancelled upon completion of each of the third and fourth years. Therefore, four full years of service would equal a 70 percent cancellation of your existing loan

king anthony
23rd June 2011, 17:54
Supporting the Troops has always meant to me, care for the people who are in the service. Remember them. Send your love.

I say, it matters not how one may interpret words for themselves – what matters, is the meaning overall and who has given those words. All too often people feel empowered (falsely) to say “this or that” (example, words or symbols) have different meanings now – not realizing, that the original meaning still remains and they perpetuate the original thought - through their own ignorance.

sunnyrap
23rd June 2011, 19:40
Cracking the ego function that is the core essence of the circular logic contained with war.... has always been a problem.

Susceptibility to ego issues is the core of the mentality in that 'machine'.

Which is why our biggest problems today in hidden technology and dimensional issues, this surrounds our corporations and their involvement in war.

But, as they say..this is all rather -academic and remedial.

Suffice it to say that the ego and the avatar, as a pair... have been susceptible to the 'war machine', and this is the core issue within our current state of affairs, on all levels.

And that is one of the primary hooks that is used to keep us going at each other and not clearing ourselves.

My bumper sticker would say:

"I don't care who's war it is--I don't support it."

Yay! Love it. I'll happily create that bumper sticker and offer it for PA in CafePress.com. Bill/ PA Mods--do we have a cafepress account? If not, would you open one, and I'll be glad to design a bumper sticker, T-shirt/whatever and take direction for other bumper stickers of that type in support of the group's mission. PM me if you please.

sunnyrap
23rd June 2011, 21:09
I guess y'all know this thread is being almost duplicated in another, titled...
We need to stop this "support our troops" (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?23513-We-need-to-stop-this-support-our-troops-b-ll----)

ceetee9
23rd June 2011, 21:15
I think the only way to expose/transform the war mentality is through constant and unyielding exposure to the truth about war (and divisiveness).

We have been programmed for thousands of years that fighting and killing is the way to resolve our problems—as Stanton Friedman says “we are a primitive society whose major activity is tribal warfare.” The duality of good vs. evil/us vs. them mentality has been pounded into us from every direction since birth. Our governments, media, books, movies, music, academic and religious teachings, businesses, sports, etc. relentlessly drive home the concept of divisiveness; that there is always someone or some group that is a threat and must be defeated—we must compete to survive. And because of all this negative programming we are conditioned to believe that we must choose a side and in the vast majority of cases we choose the side of our propagandist’s (i.e., our government, country, state, city, community, school, church, parent, parent’s political party, etc.).

We’ve also been taught that we should not question authority and that it is somehow disrespectful and unpatriotic. To that I say, bull****! I claim that if YOU know in your heart that something isn’t right, or even suspect that it isn’t right, and you don’t question it and do something to change it then YOU are part of the problem and every bit as guilty as those who initiate the event. It is precisely this “don’t question authority” mentality that keeps us fighting, killing, and imprisoning millions of people for little more than some “authority” figure telling us it must be done. (And for the record, I’m not talking about questioning authority in a life or death situation where seconds count. I’m talking about when you have the time to think about what you’re doing—or not doing as the case may be.)

There are many ways we can support our troops. One less violent way is to demand that our “leaders” bring our troops home now and quit sending more troops to fight and die in unconstitutional and undeclared wars. Not only can we save thousands of lives, but we might even gain back some respect from the rest of the world.

Maia Gabrial
23rd June 2011, 21:58
Back in the 70's, you would have been mocked by all the medias as an anti-war protesting Hippy! A Peace Nik, for crying out loud! LOLOLOL! How awful....!) But everything you've said is right on. Sunnyrap, your words are highly charged with truth. And you're a great spokesman for the Peace Corps! If I were younger....
I understand what you mean about Respect the human being, not the uniform or the lies. Maybe someday, being in the service will be something entirely different. Not for war. Maybe defense of the planet....since there are hostile aliens out to take our planet....
So much money is spent on inventing weapons to kill people more "effectively". This is scary because they're testing them on the unfortunates in the Middle East. You have to wonder when will WE be next?By then they've perfected them and we won't stand a chance.... You can almost feel it heading towards that....
Think how much could be done with the same amount of money towards creating PEACE! How cool would that be to see everyone outdoing each other for that purpose!

mosquito
25th June 2011, 03:03
SUNNYRAP - I fully endorse every word you say.

But I can understand why a soldier/ex-soldier/potential soldier wouldn't pay any attention to what I say, we have a different mentality. The man whose words we need to teach them the insanity of war is ...

MAJOR GENERAL SMEDLEY-BUTLER, USMC

A soldier through and through, someone that soldiers can respect and listen to, someone who hopefully has rather a lot more credibility than an oily , suit wearing parasite in Washington.

His words could just as easily have been written today, which just goes to show that things haven't changed much. (I hope this link appears correctly)

http://rationalrevolution.net/war/major_general_smedley_butler_usm.htm