PDA

View Full Version : Americas economic demise...

vasquez
2nd July 2011, 03:34
Okay I'm no economic expert, but I'm an aware person, I've done alot of reading, researching on this current topic.

I've heard alot of what will be going down in the U.S, with the currency collapsing, food riots, martial law, FEMA camps etc.. etc...

I've come to the conclusion that this WILL happen it's a matter of when...

There's plenty of documentarys, books and films related to this topic, but only really discuss the U.S economy and what is forecasted. Not anywhere else.

Basically... this thread is a question, as I stated earlier I am not an economic genius and would like to aquire some advice from a knowledgable mind here on Avalon.

All I'd like to know is when this happens, how severely will it effect the U.K and other parts of Europe?

Could the £ collapse? So then, Britain joins the Euro? It kinda makes sense since Britain isn't in the Euro.....yet. And we all know about the one world goverment direction we're heading.

Could we see electricity blackouts, the £ becoming totally worthless, food shortage riots?

andrewgreen
2nd July 2011, 05:01
I have a feeling the expected collapse of the Euro is the reason the UK didn't join the Euro.

Lost Soul
2nd July 2011, 05:57
Save your soul for nothing else matters.

Now, if you survive, then I suspect that virtually all fiat currency can devalue. The Euro will go first and it will drag down the dollar (because the U.S. has underwritten many European banks). the British Pound and the American dollar are closely tied, so when the dollar goes, the pound won't be far behind. I'm given to believe that the Norweigan Krona and especially the Swiss Franc are among the safest currencies around. Like Gerald Celente says, the Swiss are the money cockroaches of the world.

As for preparation, food and water. Be sure the food can be eaten cold because if folks smell you cooking, they will be there uninvited.

Siberia9
2nd July 2011, 06:20
asdfghjklz.

davyj0nes
2nd July 2011, 06:21
i would imagine, if the american dollar collapses, there would be a global economic depression. Not only will the British pound collapse but it would take everything else with it. However, a collapse implies that other countries stop buying the dollar completely, and i just don't see that happening.
So much of the world is built on the US dollar that it would really be like economic suicide for one or more countries stop buying the dollar completely. What is more likely, other countries buying less dollars and start investing in other currencies like the euro, or the British pound. I would look to the BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India, China) countries to become the new centers of global economic activity.

Arrowwind
2nd July 2011, 07:25
Well first of all let me remind you that the collapse of 2008 started in europe then hit the US... I well knew of great problems in UK many months before the shtf in the US that sept of 2008.

Also be a ware that the UK is incapable of feeding itself. It relies on the rest of Europe and Asia and Africa to supply its food, so thats something to think about if you are in the UK. Italy could go down any day on the same trail as greece... already there is signfiicant unemployement all across Europe. Could things get worse? theres lots of rumbling that the Euro is on its way out and Germany is well sick and tired of bailing everyone out.

Personally I dont think the US dollar will fail, at least thats my point of view today,, which is different than two years ago. Remember, its all a belief system. We need to believe in something in order to do the 3 trillion dollar a day trade and commerce that the world does. There will always be a fiat dollar of some sort.. There is not enough gold and silve in the world to cover it all and who the heck wants to cart all that stuff around all the time anyway?

My best advice to anyone is to invest in agricultural land, with good water, if only a few acres. You cant eat currency and some day food may be worth a bushel of gold. Food is what is going to disappear from many first, and it could get critical in Europe long before in the USA. It already is and with our screwy weather these days things could get critical in no time. If you have food you have what you need to survive for the most part and you also have fair means of trade.