PDA

View Full Version : More discrimination and less exaggeration please!

Tarka the Duck
3rd July 2011, 11:16
Hello Fellow Avalonians!

I should like to make a request for your consideration...

Having followed up a few of the postings on here that provide links to supposedly inform us all of real events in the world, I have found many of them to be without substance, and therefore presumably false (in as far as, with a little research, there is nothing to back up the claims that are being made).

I obviously don't know the motives of the people who posted these - deliberate disinformation? a lazy desire to titillate? scaremongering? a need to feed the constant hunger of sensationalism? - but if it continues, Project Avalon will never gain credibility and start to appeal to (and educate) the wider world out there. There have been occasions where I have told friends who are not members of Avalon about certain reported news stories, only for them to later tell me that there appeared to be no truth behind them – this only fuels the scepticism that already exists out there!

I freely admit that I err on the side of being rather sceptical...and for me, every “news story” from Avalon that I research that ends up down a blind alley increases my scepticism. I am a little concerned that one day, I shall dismiss a story without investigating its validity – and it will turn out to be true and vitally important. Any one else feel like that, or is it just me??!

All I would ask if for each of us to take a little time to do some research before seeking to "inform" other members. I realise nothing on the web can be 100% trustworthy, but it isn't difficult to form a reasonably reliable opinion about whether a news story is credible or not.

Many thanks for giving this a bit of thought – do you also feel we need a bit more intelligent investigation and less exaggeration? more info and less excitement?

Tarka

dan i el
3rd July 2011, 11:36
Yes, I feel the same. thanks for that.

Ria
3rd July 2011, 12:04
Hi Tarka the Duck,
Is there a way to flag up these items, as non of us have time to go into every thing, and keeping integrity is important.
possible an icon to indicate doubt and an icon to indicate no research carried out.

BMJ
3rd July 2011, 12:19
Totally agree Takra.

The One
3rd July 2011, 12:34
I obviously don't know the motives of the people who posted these - deliberate disinformation? a lazy desire to titillate? scaremongering? a need to feed the constant hunger of sensationalism? - but if it continues, Project Avalon will never gain credibility and start to appeal to (and educate) the wider world out there. There have been occasions where I have told friends who are not members of Avalon about certain reported news stories, only for them to later tell me that there appeared to be no truth behind them – this only fuels the scepticism that already exists out there

I disagree i am a truth seeker whilst healthy debate is good some skeptics will debunk everthing unless they can see it with their own eyes , standing in the way are groups of organized fundamentalists who call themselves skeptics but in reality know nothing about the true meaning of the word nor practice it. In fact, they've hijacked the word to mean its opposite. Rather than inquiring, or asking questions to try to understand something, they seek to debunk, discredit and ridicule anything that doesn't fit into their belief system

I do understand what you are saying but i would not ask anyone to stop posting on here if they think its real.I do not beleive for one moment it will discredit avalon.Sometimes its good to research what people put on avalon my friend and if its not true then i call it an education process.Its no big deal.

True Skeptics / Open-Minded Skeptics

Able to adapt and update their beliefs to new evidence and does not resist new information
Asks questions to try to understand new things and are open to learning about them
Applies critical examination and inquiry to all sides, including their own
Are nonjudgmental and do not jump to rash conclusions
Seeks the truth and considers it the highest aim, unafraid to challenge the status quo
Does not consider the official version of anything to be infallible and above examination
Thinks in terms of possibilities rather than in terms of rigidity and limitations
Fairly and objectively weighs evidence on all sides
Acknowledges valid convincing evidence rather than ignoring or denying it
Possess solid sharp common sense and objective reasoning
When all mundane explanations for a phenomenon are ruled out, are able to accept paranormal ones
Urges others to think for themselves rather than adopting fixed beliefs of organizations and

Cidersomerset
3rd July 2011, 12:57
Hi Tarka I partly agree ,the sheer number of threads going on makes it difficult to get stuck into any individual thread for long , with the obvious few exceptions. I don't think there is much you can do to stop the vibrant flow of Info true or false. Especially at the momment after the disruptions of earlier in the year.......The new vibrant intake are eager to exspose all and sundry, I know this is at the expence of quality ,but it will settle down in due course, remember the admins are new as well and don't want to stiffle the resurgence of the site after the infighting in Jan/Feb......

Anyway with names like ours, you can't be to serious..LOL....'Tarka the Duck'....now that makes me smile reminds me of 'Orvile'.........Lol.....Don't worry it will sort itself out....Cheers from another silly name 'Cider'.... LOL

lfGpVcdqeS0

Sorry this is Avalon .......Good thread though..

Tarka the Duck
3rd July 2011, 13:08
Hello One! Thanks for the thoughts- but methinks you do protest too much ;) All I said was that I erred on the side of scepticism... But I love the definition of a True Sceptic!

At no point did I ask people to stop posting.
I think we should always research what we have chosen to read - not 'sometimes' research.
I still believe these "false" postings discredit Avalon in the eyes of the public.

Best wishes
Kathie

PS don't trust anything I have just said...:confused:

The One
3rd July 2011, 13:09
Hello One! Thanks for the thoughts- but methinks you do protest too much

mmmmmmmmmmm

At no point did I ask people to stop posting

i never said you did tarka debate its great

lol

Tarka the Duck
3rd July 2011, 13:17
Hi Tarka the Duck,
Is there a way to flag up these items, as non of us have time to go into every thing, and keeping integrity is important.
possible an icon to indicate doubt and an icon to indicate no research carried out.

Hello Ria! Great idea -I wonder if the mods (or whoever runs the technical side of things) would consider that?
Best wishes
Kathie

bitworm
3rd July 2011, 13:17
Just to be fair, I don't think the OP is calling out anyone specific, and the issue is with the sources, not the ones starting the threads here.

There is value in the info being posted, and I think most here know what to do with it. I don't recommend people stop posting it either. But I would recommend that those who start threads here, specifically those who do so and introduce no original content to at least take some responsibility in the title of the thread. Otherwise it reflects poorly on the messenger, and it reflects poorly on the medium.

Darla Ken Pearce
3rd July 2011, 13:30
It seems you are suggesting that we "control" and "manipulate" information. Add tags and labels? We have more than enough fake labels to last more than a dozen lifetimes. For instance, "New Age" something first applied to Enya type music ~ now includes some sort of evil religious connotation ~ no one understands leaving Enya out. These labels are 3D and useless to us. They need to be discarded not added upon. Most labels and other warnings are meaningless. This sort of objectivity is subjective depending on who is to be the "judge" of these new labels that might reflect WHO thinks something hasn't been investigated rather than any facts being required. Can you see the pitfalls where this could lead? Been there, done that, should be moving on now. Thanks it sounds like a good idea but we've done this in the past.

What I'd like to see is some of the negativity be filtered through eyes that aren't filled with so much FEAR. Well yes, not possible? Okay. But it should be a real goal, I think, for the wellbeing of all of us but again, this is just my opinion.

Those caught up in FEAR do not realize that they get caught in a vicious cycle from which it is hard to extricate oneself. What we focus on and project out in the world, be it fear or positive expressions, comes back to us many times fold. Still some would have us locked up and paralyzed in fear of the future. Fear of things that have taken place but aren't realized. Many love to discuss the details of our own doom coming so fast now that they sprinkle more and more fear each day and little else of value. Not realizing that FEAR is the enemy worse than any PTB or PT were. Like shadows on the wall of Plato's cave, these terrors to come loom larger the more wood is piled onto the fire in the cave of our own minds.

It's a choice just like tuning into Avalon in the first place. When you get ready to post something, please give it the three minute test for whether it will uplift, educate, or cause even more FEAR.

Many even on Avalon have a genuine fear of revealing their own true identity. They hide behind cute avatars and fake names. Some take potshots at others knowing that they are safe from being identified and found out. If we have no idea who is who, how is it that the same weight is given to false ID in comparison to those who stand in their own light and true names? This shows more than anything a fear of ourselves, that others might see who we really are.

One of the great things on Avalon is how many are coming out of the closet, so-to-speak, and standing in their own light and power to become all that they can become. We are Masters who have forgotten our own power, our own Divinity, and the nature of our own Infinite being.

The sooner we stop hiding and step into our own light, the sooner we can change and transform the most destructive parts of the world as we know it into something wonderful filled with light and love. Isn't this our shared vision and goal?

Each time someone posts their real picture. I consider the greatest victory of the dark over light. It expresses to me that one more person has come forward unafraid of changing our world for the betterment of all. It's a blessing! You become the great blessing to us that you were meant to become! I thank you and send big hugs and much love! And so it is... xoxoxox

Etherios
3rd July 2011, 15:03
Hello One! Thanks for the thoughts- but methinks you do protest too much ;) All I said was that I erred on the side of scepticism... But I love the definition of a True Sceptic!

At no point did I ask people to stop posting.
I think we should always research what we have chosen to read - not 'sometimes' research.
I still believe these "false" postings discredit Avalon in the eyes of the public.

Best wishes
Kathie

PS don't trust anything I have just said...:confused:

I dont think we are posting here to get good public eye valuation. I disagree with you Tarka cause ... even info that gets debunked is always useful. It gives people direction to search ... topics that we didnt know existed get searched more and eventually even get debunked. Information isnt good or bad its neutral. Its our task to see if its real or not. Its our task to point out the false flags or disinfo.

If we only post 100% proof then whats the point in posting that? We are not news agency here we are friends that are invited in Bills house to talk about anything and everything. Even fake stories ...

OFC by no means i welcome disinfo agents or false falg operators that tent to mess us up. Our topics are made to ignite discussion and thus its a learning progress. Not a medium to relay proven info.

I prefer to get 10 questionable topics than 2 proven ones. Mass media uses this approach and has killed all kinds of thinking. They just throw on the public huge amounts of info without explanations and with premade conclusions. Thus the public has reached a point where mass media is god and they obey/follow it.

p.s. its our fault that we accept or not the info ... not theirs.

Flash
3rd July 2011, 15:18
It depends what you want the forum to be.

If you want it to be a conspiracy theory forum of the highest quality, debunking disinformation and letting in the real one, then true scepticism is needed. And debate over debate is often hand in hand with true scepticism and debunking. This is what I saw in the past with Avalon, debunking and not letting true disinformation has a price, which is often time consuming, disciplined reasearch for truth and lengthy debate following up, to finally arrive at a conclusion.

If you want Avalon to be an information forum about conspiracy theories, spirituality or other, than only information is needed and true or false does not matter, being an information forum. Each one of us is then free to reasearch for himself. In this case, personnally, I call it entertainment.

Lately, I personnaly use Avalon as entertainment since I do not have the time to verify every information I get by myself, and there is a lot slipping in that is disinfo imho. I do not think it is purposeful from the members here, it just comes from not checking deeply into the matters that are offered to the forum members.

Etherios, I love your posts, we need this kind of info on Greece right now, please keep posting.

Flash
3rd July 2011, 15:22

Talking of love, I love your new avatar. Is it considered liking or fabulous love? ;)

Carmody
3rd July 2011, 15:27
Members should use discernment when reading.

When posting--members should practice far more discernment than they do when reading. Most especially... pause and wait a day, possibly even two days - to digest and consider what they post, before they post it. This is important.

A friend of mine explained to me that a given thing is 'not real' until it is released from our minds and spit out on the floor between two people so it can be inspected, flipped over, poked with a stick..and checked to see if it is real or not. Verbalization/(information transfer) between at least two minds, this ties the mental world to the 3D, as a form-function. This is why it is important. which is then the moment of truth. "Bull or real" can begin to be discerned at that point in time.

The trick is to do this mentally -in one's head- before posting, to give it time, to try and check the validity of the given statement or position/posting that one is about to embark on.

To actually look hard at this refection of the self that we impart upon the canvas of this forum. To cleanly and emotionlessly assess --what we bring to the forum.

If we can't bring a clean light to the self and assess the self, without cringing or wincing... then we need to consider that there may be some issue with the given posting we are about to embark on or have embarked upon.

To also be clear about our own posting or behavioral mistakes on the forum. If we can't do that, then maybe we should consider not posting.

If one wants to be real for other people, which integration and sharing is..then one has an inbuilt responsibility (within that moment) to be clear with the self. Not just emotionally push that thing forward in the self -via ignoring other potential inner issues, but to be clear on all.

Meaning, don't bring weakness to the forum, bring your best. Bringing your best inherently implies that you be clear within the self. Not later, not now --- but before posting.

This may sound harsh but it has to do with bring in the forum up, not down. And rantish stuff posted with no back information or thought put into it ...is indeed a bain of any forum.

This forum has tried hard to have intelligent discourse. Please continue to try to do that exact thing. Thank you. :)

In effect, the end of it could also be construed as: Please don't be lazy. On any level.

Tarka the Duck
3rd July 2011, 15:36

When posting--members should practice far more discernment than they do when reading. Most especially... pause and wait a day, possibly even two days - to digest and consider what they post, before they post it. This is important.

...in a nutshell..;)

Tarka the Duck
3rd July 2011, 15:42
[QUOTE=Darla Ken Jensen Pearce;255275]It seems you are suggesting that we "control" and "manipulate" information.

Not at all - just asking that people be a little more discriminating.

Best wishes
Kathie

Hervé
3rd July 2011, 15:46
... and after having used the "Search" and "Advanced Search" functions/engines at the top right of the page... to calm down from over-excitement at this "new thing" just ran into on GooTube.

TWINCANS
3rd July 2011, 15:59

A friend of mine explained to me that a given thing is 'not real' until it is released from our minds and spit out on the floor between two people to it can be inspected, flipped over, poked with a stick..and checked to see if it is real or not.

The trick is to do this mentally -in one's head- before posting, to give it time, to try and check the validity of the given statement or position/posting that one is about to embark on.

To actually look hard at this refection of the self that we impart upon the canvas of this forum. To cleanly and emotionlessly asses --what we bring to the forum.

If we can't bring a clean light to the self and assess the self, without cringing or wincing... then we need to consider that there may be some issue with the given posting we are about to embark on or have embarked upon.

To also be clear about our own posting or behavioral mistakes on the forum. If we can't do that, then maybe we should consider not posting.

If one wants to be real for other people, which integration and sharing is..then one has an inbuilt responsibility (within that moment) to be clear with the self. Not just emotionally push that thing forward in the self -via ignoring other potential inner issues, but to be clear on all.

Meaning, don't bring weakness to the forum, bring your best. Bringing your best inherently implies that you be clear within the self. Not later, not now --- but before posting.

This may sound harsh but it has to do with bring in the forum up, not down. And rantish stuff posted with no back information or thought put into it ...is indeed a bain of any forum.

This forum has tried hard to have intelligent discourse. Please continue to try to do that exact thing. Thank you. :)

In effect, the end of it could also be construed as: Please don't be lazy. On any level.

This whole posting didn't appear and I think makes the point more clearly.
I'm on the fence personally. Don't like the idea of lowering the forum by the means outlined here. But also wouldn't want to paralyse postings either by too many layers of judgementalism. There are enough of those here already.

In my experience Truth with a capital T, from the deepest level of self is instantaneous and simply put.

Snowbird
3rd July 2011, 16:07
Hello Fellow Avalonians!

Hello Tarka the Duck!! We welcome you to this forum!! :wave:

I should like to make a request for your consideration...

Having followed up a few of the postings on here that provide links to supposedly inform us all of real events in the world, I have found many of them to be without substance, and therefore presumably false (in as far as, with a little research, there is nothing to back up the claims that are being made).

It is at this point, that our rule-of-discretion must rule. This is something that is learned over time. And, perhaps your post demonstrates your own discretion. However, what may appear to you or to someone else to be without substance, and therefore presumably false, may be an unintended source of enlightenment to someone else.

I obviously don't know the motives of the people who posted these - deliberate disinformation? a lazy desire to titillate? scaremongering? a need to feed the constant hunger of sensationalism? - but if it continues, Project Avalon will never gain credibility and start to appeal to (and educate) the wider world out there. There have been occasions where I have told friends who are not members of Avalon about certain reported news stories, only for them to later tell me that there appeared to be no truth behind them – this only fuels the scepticism that already exists out there!

There exist on this forum, purposeful disinformation artists whose main objective is to mislead. Believe it or not, these artists are a very important aspect for growth here on PA. In many cases, they force us to go in search (sometimes very deep search) for the information that each of us needs to further expand our level of consciousness. By debunking the debunkers, we uncover truths that we may not have known existed.

I freely admit that I err on the side of being rather sceptical...and for me, every “news story” from Avalon that I research that ends up down a blind alley increases my scepticism. I am a little concerned that one day, I shall dismiss a story without investigating its validity – and it will turn out to be true and vitally important. Any one else feel like that, or is it just me??!

Skepticism is healthy. This again is where the rule-of-discernment rules. Your higher self will lead you to information or topic articles that you might consider looking into. What you find on these particular threads may force you to search and expand your base of understanding....whether you agree or don't agree with the subject topic.

All I would ask if for each of us to take a little time to do some research before seeking to "inform" other members. I realise nothing on the web can be 100% trustworthy, but it isn't difficult to form a reasonably reliable opinion about whether a news story is credible or not.

But who is allowed to make this determination? The poster or the reader? There is nothing in this life that is 100% trustworthy. We each have to make the decision as to what is best for us individually.

Many thanks for giving this a bit of thought – do you also feel we need a bit more intelligent investigation and less exaggeration? more info and less excitement?

We live in exciting times, do we not? :thumb:

bearcow
3rd July 2011, 16:16
this thread is very important

i encourage every member to take a few minutes and evaluate the contribution they have made to the forum with their posts.

Carmody
3rd July 2011, 16:24
The reason I posted what I did is that the biggest detriment to raising one's vibration and intelligence (And I do mean the direct creation of higher levels of intellect in the human mind, ie YOUR mind)..is... emotions driving the mind. Ego driving the mind, creating the thought patterns. That is the one single thing that prevents the development of intelligence and discernment in the mind.

Fear is the strongest blocker of 'the rise, or creation of intelligence' in the human avatar.

I'm deadly serious here. Fear actually changes your wiring, as do the other emotions. Heck, emotions formed the very base branches of the tree of synaptic response that became the wiring of your mind... and thus the very idea of thinking and discerning -in your mind. Emotions came first--your mind branched out from that. Literally. Thus, emotions underpin, filter, shape and create every thought you may form.

If you wish to become intelligent you must calm your fears so that your thoughts don't 'shorten up' and constantly run their wheels through the same ruts as before.

Eg, a person marries the same personality and wiring type with the same relational failure--4 times in a row.(we all know someone who has done this) We all do this sort of thing on some level. That is an emotional drive system induced failure, a failure to grow intellectually and in the area of mental discernment. To put it more bluntly, our hindbrain, our emotions... are masturbating us into a situation that is 'repetitive'.

This is why fear is always the favored weapon against your gaining of perspective, thought, intelligence and discernment. The body WANTS you to be full of fear and will indulge in it, in order to keep you from wresting the controls of your given avatar from the ego function. The body is petulant child that holds the keys to the underpinnings of your thought formation in the mind.

The elites and what is behind them play on this aspect, every chance they get. To drive you before the guns ---into the nets. To keep you in animal function and away from thought and discernment. You are literally designed to do this to yourself, regarding fear. Fear was designed to keep the body safe so the avatar could grow up safely, with the least breakage and loss.

Growing up and gaining intelligence and discernment, compassion, love, etc, involves overcoming the inbuilt fear function and not giving into the animal buttons that the elites and fear itself ties to relentlessly push - to push those buttons (real and actual) inside of you.

To a certain extent the arc of life provides for this --as we age, we become less hormonally responsive. Clarity comes.

The trick is to realize this when young and gain the clarity of mind when still young, and possess some form of intelligently derived discernment and capacity - for the larger part of our lives.

To grow up early, not late, late-which is the usual function of the human body.

Growth never ceases, of course, there is more to learn than any given life can handle. I try to urge that function along in my given self.

I'm not exempting myself from this aspect, i suffer from it as much as anyone else. Realizing this is an important step to internal growth. It is of a paradigm changing nature, a corner turning nature. Which is why it is hard to do, as it is fundamental change of the strongest type.

The One
3rd July 2011, 16:27
this thread is very important

i encourage every member to take a few minutes and evaluate the contribution they have made to the forum with their posts

To be honest it dosent matter how big or small you have contributed (everyone is equal).I beleive this thread will turn into a heated debate yet again

I will not be evaluating my contribution as i dont feel i have to,That might upset some people so be it

Goodbye for now and GOOSE FRA BA

Carolin
3rd July 2011, 17:13
Hi everyone,

I joined this forum on June 11th, 2011 so I'm still a newbie. I came here because I thought I could communicate with like minded individuals. Of course some are and some aren't but most have valid points.

I personally feel that the current events must be shared so that we can make informed decisions. This must be done in a timely manner and most information will invoke fear for some.

Please continue to share your truth and I will use discernment. Like everything else, take what resonates with you and leave the rest.

With respect,
Carolin

The One
3rd July 2011, 17:32
Hi everyone,

I joined this forum on June 11th, 2011 so I'm still a newbie. I came here because I thought I could communicate with like minded individuals. Of course some are and some aren't but most have valid points.

I personally feel that the current events must be shared so that we can make informed decisions. This must be done in a timely manner and most information will invoke fear for some.

Please continue to share your truth and I will use discernment. Like everything else, take what resonates with you and leave the rest.

With respect,
Carolin

Spot on my friend

Steven
3rd July 2011, 17:41
Thanks for the thread! This kind of thread comes back from time to time and it is like a self-guidance from the community. Sometimes people are eager and quick to post a reply or a thread without giving the previous research necessary. It's normal and ok, but it's important to make the effort to give some research before. Sometimes having made the research before, you will still want to make the thread, but your comment and reasoning might drastically change. We are always a filter of perception anyway, so why not taking the time to improve it a bit with some research. Sometimes, only the source of the "news" might be a very good sign of a poor value info. Schorcha Faal or Rumormills are two example I simply avoid :)

Namaste, Steven

christian
3rd July 2011, 17:55
I have found many of them to be without substance, and therefore presumably false

This is pretty vague. Why don't you post in the concerned threads or link to the threads here?

I agree with you, one should always use discernment, but just stating you figured there are many low-quality threads here without backing it up is without substance and therefore presumably false.

bitworm
3rd July 2011, 18:01
I have found many of them to be without substance, and therefore presumably false

This is pretty vague. Why don't you post in the concerned threads or link to the threads here?

I agree with you, one should always use discernment, but just stating you figured there are many low-quality threads here without backing it up is without substance and therefore presumably false.

It would be a bit tricky going that route without it appearing as an attack on other members here and getting this thread locked.

christian
3rd July 2011, 18:05
Why don't you post in the concerned threads or link to the threads here?

It would be a bit tricky going that route without it appearing as an attack on other members here and getting this thread locked.

What are you talking about?
Expressing insightful critizism in a polite way is not forbidden but highly commended.

bitworm
3rd July 2011, 18:25

What are you talking about?
Expressing insightful critizism in a polite way is not forbidden but highly commended.

I don't disagree; if one believes a particular thread contains unsubstantiated claims, then by all means they should post their concerns in that particular thread. Posting a list of threads in this thread is gonna stir up a hornets' nest because some will take it as a personal attack when it is not personal and not an attack at all.

zebowho
3rd July 2011, 18:53
First of all Thank you Tarka, IMO the integrity of this forum has been seriously challenged and because of that sensationalism seems to be on the rise accordingly (just look at the thread titles for instance!) and for those who will ask "just how, or where is my proof in the challenge to integrity" I'll just say, its all here, you'll just need to dig like I did. :)

To add to this, it would not only be tricky but a total waste of good energy. Imagine all the time and energy that goes into "proving there is no proof" and the ensuing debates when all it takes is a little work on the OP before presenting such topics and then following, we each research for our own...does everything always have to be "spelled out" or "handed/drawn for us"?. We all need to do our own homework because in the path of discovery there is much to be learned. I don't need Tarka to spell out those empty claims, I've seen them for my self. At the risk of reprimand, this forum Seriuosly needs more discretionary self moderation!!

I don't mean any disrespect Chiquetet, just making an observation :)

-z

Sierra
3rd July 2011, 19:11
Just a moderator-in-training comment here:

Yes, Expressing insightful criticism in a polite way is not forbidden but highly commended.

(Very highly commended. If you wish to see an example, go to the thread here: http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?22045-Is-all-of-the-Earth-Israel&p=235510&viewfull=1#post235510 and listen to the dialog between RedeZra and Tekai.

Note, their conversation is a topic that can arouse the strongest and most passionate feelings. It is a disagreement politely expressed across multiple pages, and at one point even reach an consensus lol before splitting apart again. I think their conversation starts on page 2 around posting 26-27 ... Also note, for the most part, other people on the thread stood back and listened, leaving the playing field level. I believe this also contributed to the civility, not laying someone open to fear by the force of the response from multiple posters.

On the other hand, commenting on other people's postings on "false" threads, HERE would be moderated. If Tarka were to express her doubt or criticism ON the particular thread TO the member making the comment in question, all would be well.

Hope this helps :)

Sierra :wave:

Sierra
3rd July 2011, 23:08
I got a PM (thank you Anchor!) this thread had been closed! I reopened it, since I do not see an OP request to close it ...

If I closed it myself, it was an accident! I am so SORRY! (I was enjoying this thread..)

Steven
3rd July 2011, 23:26
I got a PM (thank you Anchor!) this thread had been closed! I reopened it, since I do not see an OP request to close it ...

If I closed it myself, it was an accident! I am so SORRY! (I was enjoying this thread..)

Ah! Ah! no problem Sierra. See how the power to give freedom is greater than the one which takes it! :)

Namaste, Steven

Anchor
4th July 2011, 00:02
Great glad I can comment :)

I read the topic title, and I figured that discrimination would not have been a word I would choose as it seems (these days) to imply prejudice rather than its literal meaning.

Usually, for example when posting channelled material I would urge discernment; as this is certainly one area that this quality is more important than usual.

Recently (not just on this forum) I seem to have noticed an increase of material that just makes no sense, and lacks any kind of substance or references to supporting material. This is more than just lack of discernment or lack of discrimination - it is a disservice!

One would also wonder if it was deliberate.

I don't know if someone out there is having a laugh, saying any old bollocks just to see who will run with it - I suspect this is the case.

Flash
4th July 2011, 00:29
`
from Snowbird: There exist on this forum, purposeful disinformation artists whose main objective is to mislead. Believe it or not, these artists are a very important aspect for growth here on PA. In many cases, they force us to go in search (sometimes very deep search) for the information that each of us needs to further expand our level of consciousness. By debunking the debunkers, we uncover truths that we may not have known existed.

The problem I see is that often the disinfo is not debunked anylonger. We are therefore not force to go in and expand levels of consciousness. This becomes entertainment then. And it subtly registers in our non aware minds are true, or at least exsiting (as advertising does). PTB does count on this. Debunking means sometimes heavy argumentation and lots of reflexion. It is time consuming, energy related, and yes, very intelligence based, not only on the inner "if it resonate with you", which seems more like being intellectually lazy to me.

From snowbird: Your higher self will lead you to information or topic articles that you might consider looking into. What you find on these particular threads may force you to search and expand your base of understanding....whether you agree or don't agree with the subject topic.

Please, give me a brake snowbird, 99% of people are clearly disconnected from their true higher self. And when connected, for the few that are, it may be 1% of their living time (I don't say waking, but living). The higher self does not lead, sadly, most people. This is precisely why we are still caught with PTB. Therefore, we, most of us, have to rely on intelligently digested information, non emotionnally based as said Carmody. This is often how the Higher self connection is being built at the beginning, through intelligent discernment. Why wouldn't we give the chance to most on this forum to build these connections by doing our work properly before posting. imho

From Carmody: When posting--members should practice far more discernment than they do when reading. Most especially... pause and wait a day, possibly even two days - to digest and consider what they post, before they post it. This is important.

Precisely, bringing your best, with all, I mean all your abilities. Intelligence and heart has been imparted to human beings to be of service. They should be used in applied situations, as posting is.

From Carmody: The reason I posted what I did is that the biggest detriment to raising one's vibration and intelligence (And I do mean the direct creation of higher levels of intellect in the human mind, ie YOUR mind)..is... emotions driving the mind. Ego driving the mind, creating the thought patterns. That is the one single thing that prevents the development of intelligence and discernment in the mind.

Yes precisely. This is the biggest detriment to raising the intelligence and the love vibrations as well.
It is not based on: "if it doesn't resonate with you....." This phrase is, in my understanding, a full ego (spiritual ego) excuse. Easy to wash one's hands then for the words we say and their impact or the sloppy job we do.

I realize I am writing things some will dislike. I sincerely think, for "le bien de tous" "the higher good for all" that it is now necessary and could be useful to write it.

Love to all,

Flash

DNA
4th July 2011, 04:07
When it comes to information on the fringe, we cannot hope to have proof or any kind of real validity.
There just isn't anything like that where we are traversing.

What we can do, is take advantage or our personal experiences and devulge corrolations which help to give perspective.
Along with personal experiences we can share information that may provide a corrolative frame work we can work in.

My problem with some of the threads people start, is that they provide neither of those things.
If I'm going to start a thread, it's because I have corrolative data, or personal experiences I think will help in discussing the topic further.

I think starting a thread for the sake of starting it, and then abandoning it like an unwanted child is just kind of silly.
If you are starting a thread and you have no inclination of participating in a conversation about the subject, I don't understand why you are starting it in the first place.
There are too many thread birthers that treat their threads like unwanted children.
A thread is a conversation you are starting about a particular subject.
If you are not interested enough about the subject to participate in the ensuing dialogue generated by the thread, then why bother?
Are you really that interested in the "thank you" bump?

Carmody
4th July 2011, 20:03
All I can say is that it is easy to catch people in their fears and expectations, as such a scenario only pets or masturbates their ego, as opposed to releasing it or providing contrast/mirror..which is inherently painful. Painful to the point of feeling like death. At the same time it feels really good, like a injury finally starting to heal.

Telling the difference between the two is a difficult thing that requires thought and time. To point to it more correctly:

Truth is a Pathless Land

A belief is purely an individual matter, and you cannot and must not organize it. If you do, it becomes dead, crystallized; it becomes a creed, a sect, a religion, to be imposed on others. This is what everyone throughout the world is attempting to do. Truth is narrowed down and made a plaything for those who are weak, for those who are only momentarily discontented. Truth cannot be brought down, rather the individual must make the effort to ascend to it. You cannot bring the mountain-top to the valley. If you would attain to the mountain-top you must pass through the valley, climb the steeps, unafraid of the dangerous precipices.

Jiddu Krishnamurti

http://www.jiddu-krishnamurti.net/en/1929-truth-is-a-pathless-land

If you knew the history of this 'movement' that this statement comes from, you would be even more well 'informed'.

This man was 'tested' to be the next 'Jesus' for religious movements. (groomed for a slot in the organization) He refused. He turned them down.

This statement comes from his address to the people involved. He dissolved the order that day.

Further, From the same address. On truth, religion, and organizations connected:

You may remember the story of how the devil and a friend of his were walking down the street, when they saw ahead of them a man stoop down and pick up something from the ground, look at it, and put it away in his pocket. The friend said to the devil, "What did that man pick up?" "He picked up a piece of Truth," said the devil. "That is a very bad business for you, then," said his friend. "Oh, not at all," the devil replied, "I am going to let him organize it."

Many people never make it beyond the books, or textbooks. Books are at best, maps of the past, nothing more. They can illuminate methodology (methodology can be critical!) or searches, but not much else. Journeys are individual, for individuals.

Like Jim Morrison and band were saying (anniversary of his death was yesterday), it's all about the Doors.

""If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite."" ---William Blake

You must walk through them and make what you will of the situation, under your own power. And this means discernment and logic.

Some tell you to trust your emotions but I say to check to be sure your emotions aren't fooling you. And that is a personal matter, as the above Jiddu quote mentions.

Number 1 on the list is to check and see if one is falling into their own expectations and fears, as a combination of our natural tendencies and someone playing them like an instrument.

Which is the essence of a con and the art that the elites (on all levels) have worked hard to perfect since WWII, when the spying game and the war itself really showed how important these things were.

christian
4th July 2011, 21:14

it would not only be tricky but a total waste of good energy. Imagine all the time and energy that goes into "proving there is no proof" and the ensuing debates

This is escapism. What is this thread about? Moaning? Self-aggrandizement? Showing off from a high horse? This is obviously more than just a reminder for folks to doublecheck what they write, because there were complaints about there being quite an amount of low quality input on the forum. I don't say there are no low-quality threads on Avalon, but:

If this is really about helping people to develop discernment it would surely help to show some examples, I mean, if you do it, go the whole 9 yards.

Stop this deliberate unsubstantied lamenting in this thread, adress the threads where you see a need to clarify things.

It's against the forum guidelines to open a thread which diffamates another thread and I can see the reason for this guideline, but if this is really a major issue, that there are so many threads, that have to be adressed for the same reason, it makes sense to link to them here, I figure.

Lighting a candle is better than complaining about the darkness.

Look at how everything is a mirror and what you see as annoying in others, is something you haven't worked out in yourself. If you truly want to work it out, post something inspiring, clarifying and not a complaint, that's too cheap.

christian
4th July 2011, 21:24
I think starting a thread for the sake of starting it, and then abandoning it like an unwanted child is just kind of silly. A thread is a conversation you are starting about a particular subject.

Everything is allowed. If you think, you can contribute something beneficial, do so, if not, let it be. If it turns out that you cannot contribute anything productive after you started something, then so be it. I don't worry about that.

Flash
5th July 2011, 00:51
Examples of good threads? this thread is one. Although theres is little outisde sources, all the discussion and analysis are there, with some thinking efforts as well as feelings, pro and cons, chiquetet requiring more and blasting a bit, this is all part of a good thread.

dan i el
5th July 2011, 01:35

Talking of love, I love your new avatar. Is it considered liking or fabulous love? ;)

thanks, flash!! huhu, consummate, i think :peace: :llama:

the avatar is from here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triangular_theory_of_love