PDA

View Full Version : My all-in-one post

dourpil
4th July 2011, 09:53
Hello everyone and thanks a lot for the opportunity you have given me to be a part of this community.

I have not seen any "introduce yourself" subforum or anything that looks like it, and I guess there is a reason to that, but I wanted to post this anyway. It is not easy to dive into the huge pool of knowledge and love that this forum is, so I thought I'd make a all-in-one post with all I want to share with you now.

First thing I'd like to share is, well, a little bit about my life maybe.. So I'm Simon, 22 years old, and I'm from Belgium. My mothertongue is french and I learned English at first through videogames, and then mostly with videos on the net. I apologize for my language mistakes, and I would be very thankful to have my biggest mistakes corrected.
I currently am a student, I'm in my 4th year (out of 5) to become an industrial engineer in biochemistry. This brings me to a little problem I'm having right now: I got the results of my exams, and surprisingly (to me at least), I failed 7 exams. This seems huge to me, I thought I 'only' failed 4 of them. It has been (and it still is) a huge disapointment, as I always have had a positive feeling about my studies. So now I'm asking myself a lot of questions, I'm almost questioning the ideas that I know are true and that I was trying to spread around me..
I would be very happy to finish what I started with a diploma. But since I got the results I have this "ohh whatever.. Don't need it to be happy" feeling that is not very motivating.
Yet, I'm sure this all will happen the way it has to happen, and the way I want it to happen.

That's it for the studies. I'd like to talk to you about how I got myself on the Avalon forum.
My 'spiritual awakening' started.. well.. I don't recall that very clearly. I got interested about 4 years ago in the Mayan "end of the world" prophecy, which was an idea I really liked. And then through some journeys to the abysses of the internet (erm..), I got interested in spirituality, consciousness, ... Having learned a lot of stuff (not all of them were true but that's not very important), I realized a lot of things were hidden from the average human being. That's - I think - how I got here at Avalon. More precisely, it's the interview of Inelia that made me come to the forum and eventually register.

That said, I would like to share with you something that I don't think is on the forum already. It is the work of a french guy and his brother: Léon-Raoul and Frank HATEM. They worked on something they call "Hyperscience" and I found this very interesting, although you probably are familiar with most of their concepts.

The following website will talk about their work way better than I:
http://www.hatem.com/summary.htm

And that's it for now. Thanks for reading me (I apologize once again for my English mistakes, I'm not rereading my post because I might erase it all :p ).
See you around :)

Love from Belgium

Lily de Cuir
4th July 2011, 10:06
Hey dourpil,

Your English is excellent, don't worry about it! I also wouldn't worry about your failed grades. Many highly intelligent, successful people just don't fit into the school system. Do the best you can within the system, then follow your own independent studies. You will excell. You are smart.

I'm sure there is a welcome column somewhere, just go to the forum button....

Thanks for your weblink. I am not a scientific brainiac, so I will it leave for others to comment.

Again, welcome dourpil.

I'm feeling your excitement about being here and that's great. Welcome!:welcome:

Cheers,
Lily de Cuir

Daft Ada
4th July 2011, 10:21
Hi Dourpil, indeed, considering how you learned your English, it is excellent, although I have to say I find most people to who'm English is not their native language, tend to speak it clearer and with better grammar than most of the English. I am English and live in England and believe me, if you lived over here and listened to how most constantly murder the language, you would be very surprised. :(
Anyway, welcome to the forum, nice to have you here. Sorry to hear about your exams. I am retired now due to health, but I was an Airline Pilot and I did 42 exams by the time I had a full ATPL, Failed some and you just have to re group and have another go, you get there in the end.
Thanks for the link. :cool:

KosmicKat
4th July 2011, 11:18
Welcome Dourpil,

I wouldn't for a minute encourage anyone to adopt my view, but my own experience has been that the qualifications I worked so hard to obtain proved to be worth less than the paper they were printed on. However, several years working in the printing industry as a typesetter on academic journals exposed me to a lot of front-line science, some of which (I think) I managed to understand, and having a wide-roving interest, managed to draw some interesting lines between dots of knowledge.

As for formal schooling, once you've got enough math to cope with division and multiplication you're more likely to be your own best teacher. I've always found that the best teachers are those who spark your curiosity, and give you a few hints for directions to explore, but explore with you rather than spoon-feeding their students.

dourpil
5th July 2011, 10:13
Your messages are heart-warming (if that's an actual expression), thank you very much.

@Lily de Cuir: Your message gave me strength and confidence, thank you.

@Daft Ada: Ohh I so beleive you about English. Same here, a lot of people to whom French is their native language don't know a lot about it. Some of them do it on purpose (when I was a teenager (well, I still am but a little bit more mature) I used to abbreviate every word so it takes less time to write, but in the end it just makes you lose knowledge about how to write correctly)

@KosmicKat: Thank you for sharing your experience. I agree with you and I know the paper I'm trying to obtain will not even be close to representing what I am and what I know. But one of the thing I was told the most as a child is "in life, you have to work". Even though I don't agree with this, I now have some sort of fear of entering the world without this paper I am trying to obtain. I know it's not worth a lot but to a lot of people it is. I know I shouldn't care about that and that's what I'm working on :)

christian
5th July 2011, 10:40
Do you have some kind of a practical idea, what you would do after attaining your university degree? Do you want to work in that field somehow? Do you need the diploma for doing so? If you answer no to all of these questions you can forget it maybe. Then I'd say follow your intuition, even if the next turn in life may seem strange, if you could just see all the coming turns from a higher perspective, what a wondrous journey that is.

If you do something from your heart, God will provide for your needs, you just gotta see what is offered and take your chance. So technically, yes, you gotta work ;)

The concept of hyperspace is not so much in the focus of the mainstream, yet it is as essential as the concepts of time and space, even more so probably. The range of investigators, who cover this in depth is legion, to name some I read it in the works of David Wilcock, Stewart Swerdlow, Ingo Swann, Dolores Cannon, David Icke, the list is endless. That points to the fact, that everyone can indeed experience what it actually means and become knowledgeable about it through an effort and focus to do so.

A reminder for your discernment, have fun with your research, consider everything, keep your humor and an open mind and most important, practice some meditation, cause all knowledge is readily available, if you but ask for it and allow to receive it, that takes practice and dedication. Everything is one, if that realization is fully applied, nothing is hidden, you can get everywhere instantaneously.

ktlight
5th July 2011, 16:05
Dourpil
I would give you an honours for your English, so never again apologise for it. I would say also, 'love from dourpil', not from your country, since you will discover that we do not have the right to own land, except we maybe need a means of identifying where it is in the world we are talking about or from.