PDA

View Full Version : Man explains to WFTV News why he loves the Orlando Police Department

Belle
9th July 2011, 23:55
July 6, 2011 - At the FNB feeding of the homeless in the Lake Eola Park. A lone man carrying an "I (heart) OPD" sign conducts an interview with WFTV Channel 9 news.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pJuedzzLXE

This hero did an AMA on Reddit
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/ikmyl/i_am_the_guy_in_the_master_troll_vs_orlando/

"I have been involved with activism for several years and have tried many different approaches. I feel I have had the most success with the over-the-top sarcasm. My goal was to be interviewed and use it as an opportunity make a mockery of our local governments claim to arbitrarily enforce unjust laws. I was actually threatened with arrest not long after this interview was recorded for approaching the cops and informing them that I saw women trying to vote and African Americans using the caucasian only restrooms in the park. I will be attending the next feeding on Wednesday the 13th at 5:30pm at Lake Eola Park. A few months ago, Officer Travis Lamont of the OPD broke the neck of an 84 year old WW2 veteran so we had a protest in front of the police station. Naturally I stationed myself across the street with a sign that read "Lamont for Sheriff" and pretty much did the same thing."

"I don't want to give away too many details but a "Free Doughnuts" event at the Orlando Police Department (which falls within the 2 mile radius of this specific ordinance) may or may not be in the planning process."

"Shortly after the interview it became pretty obvious to everyone that I was not a fan of OPD. All of the activists already knew who I was and most of the LEO's. I did get an opportunity to speak with the gentlemen who conducted the interview and he said he thought that I was just really extreme."

I just love this guy! He carries a powerful weapon...sarcasm. For some reason, those in control and those enforcing the laws don't seem to understand sarcasm, which makes it even funnier to me.