PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions of research material: is there more to life beyond this physical being

jesterking
14th July 2011, 17:36
Here I propose we suggest books, videos and whatever media that has inspired us or has answers to the question: "Am I only a biochemical humanoid creature that, when I die. I simply seize to exist? - Or, is there something else?, Something more... profound?"

Forevernyt
14th July 2011, 17:39
http://www.cfpf.org.uk/articles/background/scientificproof/scientificproof1.html

http://www.redicecreations.com/specialreports/2005/10oct/lifeafterdeath.html

ViralSpiral
14th July 2011, 17:44
Video

Who's driving the Dreambus (http://theavalonfiles.com/stream/Whos_Driving_The_Dreambus/index.html)

afflicto
14th July 2011, 17:48
I hope I am allowed to speak here. thanks everyone I'll read\watch whatever material you post.

ThePythonicCow
14th July 2011, 17:51
I changed the Thread Title to remove a reference to a particular member and to a add more specific statement of the question being asked, and I edited the Opening Post to more specifically describe what is being asked.

manny
14th July 2011, 17:55
Or, is there something else?, Something more..

SEEK AND YOU WILL FIND ME.
everywhere under every stone,in the air, in yourself.

Jake
14th July 2011, 17:56
Afflicto, hello again. I have some experience with OBE and Astral projection. I have written a book about my struggle. This book is a pretty good study of the energy body construct and Astral states. We are more than our physical earth human bodies. If you are interested in a 'nuts and bolts' approach to multi-demensional realities, then you should check it out. www.thebookofjacob.webs.com

PS of course you can speak here. Jake.

jesterking
14th July 2011, 17:56
you'll be fine as long as we stay ON TOPIC...

the book that started my quest was- "many lives, many masters"

it opened my eyes to the reality of reincarnation. I thought "if reincarnation is real, then heaven and hell cant be"

and off I went searching for the truth....and

"What a looooong strange trip its been"-Jerry Garcia

greybeard
14th July 2011, 18:00
Nothing can be proved or disproved but there is a certain "coincidence" in asking for help by prayer and receiving it.
Not going into detail but several times I found my self in difficult situations, once about to be made homeless (thats a minor one) and against all odds got a house.
If there is a force that responds to prayer then its an easy jump to believe in an intelligence that is caring by nature, another step leads one to believe we are a lot more than the body.
I am 65 and dont feel a day older than I did as a child--- my body goes though.

Chris

Lettherebelight
14th July 2011, 18:01
Well, the Bhagavada Gita As It Is, translated by A C Bhaktivedanta, is a good place to start when looking for understanding who (or what!) we are. Solid gold...

http://www.asitis.com/gif/bgcover.jpg

Good luck, friend. You'll find your truth in your own time, don't despair. The petals of the lotus unfurl of their own accord, best not to try to peel them back. Everything is just as it should be. Hare Krsna :)

Rocky_Shorz
14th July 2011, 18:09
I hope I am allowed to speak here. thanks everyone I'll read\watch whatever material you post.

the thread was tossed?

Jake
14th July 2011, 18:11
The work of Delores Cannon has helped me. Delores is a regression therapist whos lives work has led her to some amazing conclusions. Primarily, the influx of 'souls' to come into the physical/earth reality and 'incarnate' into these physical earth bodies in order to help facilitate the proper vibrational resonance needed for a major 'shift' in consciousness. Her books The Conveluted Universe parts 1 2 and 3 spoke to me because I resonate with those folks who 'know' that they are not 'from around here', at least their souls are not. If you don't want to read to books, you should definately check out the Video Interview that Kerry did with her.

http://projectcamelotproductions.com/interviews/dolores_cannon/dolores_cannon.html

Lisab
14th July 2011, 18:23
Hi afflicto. The book I always go back to time and time again especially when I'm down is 'Good Omens' by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett. It's not a spiritual book or anything just the absolute hilarious tale of the upcoming apocolypse and a fussy angel and fast living demon who join forces to stop it happening as theyve 'gone native' and want to stay here.
It's so funny. Even Terry Gilliam (Time Bandits, Monty Python) has been threatening to turn it into a film for years. You'll laugh out loud for years afterwards I promise. Makes me feel good about this crazy planet too.
You take care now love lisax

RMorgan
14th July 2011, 18:26
Well, I´m a BIG fan of Jiddu Krishnamurti. There amazing videos of his talks on you tube and vimeo. Some of them are 4 hours long, so sit down and enjoy.

Also, I recommend any book written by him. If you don´t know who he is, please, check out is biography. He´s a master.

Here are some links:

http://vimeo.com/7525072

Check out the other 6 parts of this video, available at the same site. This is the first part:

http://vimeo.com/4688837

http://vimeo.com/25361325

http://vimeo.com/22704239

This is the introduction (The other parts are available at the same site) , out of a 7 parts video, of the full talk of Krishnamurti and David Bhom. This is a must see:

http://vimeo.com/18976378

zebowho
14th July 2011, 18:42
I would suggest threads started here by Greybeard and Beren. You'll find good information (and references) to "stew" on while searching as well as http://www.greggbraden.com/resources/recommended-reading/.

I would also suggest (these are just my humble opinions), based on the absoluteness of your questions and the need to have all the answers now! Start by practicing these two things and all else will come easier.

First, practice just Being, this helps to quiet the mind and the soul. It allows us to take in our surrounding as they are, nothing less nothing more. Put questions aside, as well as the "search for the truth" There is a profound experience when we can quiet ourselves but its very subtle.

Second, Focus on the path of discovery (which you are firmly on now) but not on the final "ultimate" answer, you'll arrive there only when you're supposed to. On the path you'll be discovering more than you're questioning now both in terms of external (what other people believe) and internal (what you believe). Trying to skip all that to get to the final answer would be missing so much that you need and can give.

There may be other things you can do as each one of us is different but these two things helped me "quiet and accept" what I've always know and that is: I needed to Experience and this takes time and in that experience I've learned so much (I'm still learning) and I'm now quiet again to be ok in the understanding that I'll get my questions answered not only when I can handle them but also understand and appreciate those answers when they're found. Something tells me that they're simpler than I expected and without that path I've been on (with experiences), had I just bypassed and jumped to the answers, I wouldn't have the capacity to fully appreciate how profound they really are.

-z

Lisab
14th July 2011, 18:44
By the way I'm a gaiman fan not really Pratchett. Just wanted to say that it's not like discworld (Pratchett). X

ulli
14th July 2011, 18:56
Through a strange set of coincidences a sequence of books came my way many years ago. It began with a book wriiten by Bishop Pike, whose son had become an acid head and one day took his life. In his shock the Bishop realized he didnt believe in eternal life at all, or that his son could still be somewhere. Then his son's spirit started manifesting all sorts of phenomena, and Bishop Pike got more and more involved with various mediums, even appearing on a TV show. As a result the church disrobed him.
The second book was an autobiography written by British medium Ena Twigg. And she mentioned Bishop Pike in there.
Whoa, coincidence, I thought.
I was very impressed with her book. She was the aunt of British fashion designer Zandra Rhodes and when I mentioned to Zandra how impressed I was she just laughed and said her aunt was crazy.
That was the first time I realized how people live in distinct worlds of different beliefs.
I continued with my investigation until one day I found myself face to face with the most amazing medium who gave me messages from my departed father, some of which were statements I only could verify afterwards when I told my mum what he had said.
I was in London at the time. The medium said: who is Mutti? I said that's my mum that's what we called her. Then the medium said "he is telling me that Mutti still has my walking stick".
So I said " that is wrong...my grandfather used to walk with a cane but never my father. There must be a mix-up".
She replied "no, no, she still has it...it is behind my television chair".
I was still not convinced but wrote it down. When i later read my notes to my mum I said the next part is wrong, because I know dad never used a cane." and to which mum responded " oh but we bought one a couple of weeks before he went into hospital as his hip was giving him trouble. I still have it, it is behind the television chair, I don't know what to do with it."
So while all the other correct information impressed me as proof that this medium was a telepath, the couple of items that I had absolutely no prior knowledge of became my personal proof that dad had indeed gone to another plane from which he could, albeit with great difficulties, send us messages.
If one has ever looked down a deep well and seen the reflection of the sky at the bottom, with a tiny reflection of one's head that's how the gap is between these dimensions.
Acts of force are against the laws that govern all these mysteries. It's our job here to become gentle, with ourselves and others.
Gentle men and gentle women.

afflicto
14th July 2011, 19:00
I'm almost finnished with this: http://www.cfpf.org.uk/articles/background/scientificproof/scientificproof3.html
Oh and yes! dolores cannon is amazing. I've seen a few minutes of some of her interviews. Definitely checking more on that!
Brb, I really need some coffee, this looks to be a long night.

Forevernyt
14th July 2011, 19:01
Also look up materialistic mediums. These are mediums who are reported to be able to go into a trance, and then produce "ecotplasm" from their own bodies, to form shapes, pictures and sometimes, whole people that can walk around and interact with others.

There is more to this Earth and beyond that we currently know about.

afflicto
14th July 2011, 19:52
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."
— Nikola Tesla

This really hit me.

Sierra
14th July 2011, 20:17
Hi Afflicto :hug:

May I call you Affs? The name Afflicto makes me feel I am hitting you when I type it!

The information you so desire from yourself is very subtle. When I was young, I desperately desired proof too. Now I have lots and lots of proof via experience, but NONE of it would have BEEN proof to me when I was young lol! (Except my dreams.)

If you are young, beginning your earthly journey as a free will adult, then this is where other people's experience can really help. When we read or hear about other people's journeys, the inner knowing is reassured ... I don't know how else to express it. It feels like someone leaping inside the chest. That BANG of the heart it does to say I am here and I heard that!

There is a book called Reliving Past Lives - The Evidence Under Hypnosis by Helen Wambach, Ph.D. She had the same problem you do, how do you prove life after death? All we have is a story here a story there, anecdotal evidence ... this woman was very clever. She realized you need a statistical profile.

She hypnotized a LOT of people. Found out several things.

You can look into past lives.
You can look into future lives.
You can look into the between times when you are not incarnated in the body.
You can experience telepathic contact when under hypnosis (Helen realized she had to control her OWN thoughts while placing people under hypnosis and giving them instructions. She would find them following her thoughts rather than her instructions at times lol)

Helen set up a series of questions on a grid with time periods to be examined, ranging from BC to the recent past. Slowly, slowly she confirmed the descriptions/statistics gained under hypnosis matched the descriptions/statistics found in history books, of clothes, eating implements, social constructs, war, mass die offs (plague etc.) etc. She plotted food, footwear, sex distribution, lifestyle, economic wealth etc. As she worked, she noticed the subject's lives statistically speaking would match the rise and fall of populations in time periods. She noticed patterns that in no way shape or form, the subjects could know or coordinate among themselves, that would match historical patterns.

She began to realize a huge proportion of her subjects were dead or not incarnated in the near future ...
90% were able to experience death in a past life with no real disturbance and often with a great feeling of joy.

Affs: Have you heard the story of the Indian and his grandchild? You'll come across it if you hang around Avalon lol. A badly mangled version: One day Grandfather said to his grandchild I have two wolves inside me. One is angry, vicious, savage, wants to destroy life. The other wolf inside me is gentle, loving, kind, wants to help others ... The wolves fight each other all the time. The child asks, which wolf will win? Grandfather says, the one I feed.

Sierra :wave:

afflicto
14th July 2011, 20:39
That is very interesting Sierra.

CyRus
15th July 2011, 01:35
As a man of science, I do not have the luxury of blind faith. Rather, I place my opinion on matters of veridical evidence, or science if you will. After having spent months analyzing various sources of evidence, I have come to the conclusion that life after death is very plausible indeed! One thing is anecdotal evidence, which I have heard from people I trust and hold close to my heart. However, with regards to actual scientific evidence, the following are the best in my opinion:
* Dr Charles Tart's studies on OBEs - He was able to get an 'experimentee' to correctly identify a 5 digit number on a ledge above her during an OBE, a feat that is near statistically impossible.
* The evidence from veridical NDEs, gained from studies by Dr. Pim van Lommel et al.
* The medium and PSI research done by the Noetic Science research http://www.ions.org - In particular Julie Beschel and Dean Radin (teleseminars and interviews are available on their website.
* The research done on psychedelics by Rick Strassman
* The book Many Lives, Many Masters amongst others

These are but a few references of many, mainly the one's I could think of off the top of my head. Basically, these pieces of evidence function as a scientific basis (experiments performed using the scientific method and a strict analytical methodology). These (among many), coupled with the vast amounts of anecdotal evidence builds a very strong case regarding the survival of consciousness in my opinion.

An addendum:
I think I posted these on a previous thread, but they are definitely relevant here. The following videos present the current scientific consensus on the paranormal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFvzHEepPQE - Life After Death
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il0pzBsho5U - The Sixth Sense

ViralSpiral
15th July 2011, 06:51
As a man of science, I do not have the luxury of blind faith.

I do like to see the steel rods of science bend at times .... ;)

I too read Many Lives, Many Masters by Brian Weiss. GREAT book. Synopsis: True story of a prominent psychiatrist, his young patient, and the past-life therapy that changed both their lives. May change your mind about "that profession", Afflicto. Hope so....

Another gem I read many years ago:

http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1184517484l/1512889.jpg

Synopsis. GETTING THERE, (a novel- but SO much more)

Adam Baker, an eco-farming consultant, is separated from his wife, lonely, estranged from his family . . .totally miserable. Walking on a deserted beach, he meets Selph, a precocious, overweight, wisecracking, sloppily dressed teenager. Its funny, insightful and thought-provoking........

Can also recommend: A Deeper Surrender by Stuart Perrin

NeverMind
15th July 2011, 07:23
Here I propose we suggest books, videos and whatever media that has inspired us or has answers to the question: "Am I only a biochemical humanoid creature that, when I die. I simply seize to exist? - Or, is there something else?, Something more... profound?"

I hope this post isn't misunderstood, but I feel I have to say this. And please, know that it is in no way a reproach.

If - or as long as - you need books to convince you of the transcendence of our human Being, you will not be convinced. And the reason is quite simple: it is your rational mind who needs "proof" to believe. Nothing wrong with that. The problem is that the same rational mind, being by its very nature very limited as an instrument of cognition - its conclusions are based on the input of our measly sensory apparatus - will always find a way to refute even the greatest epiphanies.

(Haven't you noticed how often people feel really good and energised after they read an "inspirational" book, but talk to them in a week or two, and they're back to their doubtful and lethargic selves? That's because the rational mind has had enough time to reinstate its limited vision, dismissing everything that cannot be sensed with the physical senses. So people go and read another book. And another, and another. But each time the same thing happens; and they are forever seeking to be re-assured - by the rational mind - of a state that they had been born into, a state too vast and complex for the rational mind to grasp, let alone explain.)

You have to find the answers to your questions within yourself. You already possess all the knowledge that you need about the human condition.
Let it speak.
And then start living it.

ViralSpiral
15th July 2011, 07:47
No reproach. Sharing. Thank you.
Putting the rational mind aside....may I ask how you came to the conclusion that you can find all the answers within yourself?
Did you get there on your own?

hexenomega
16th July 2011, 23:18
viral,
we are on a sphere, and all that is for others, is your's too, for you to find, a wonderful game, the best mystery you ever saw, and it wont take a master to see it, so, seek, but not always, those that constantly seek after they have the prize are annoying,
now i'm going to bed to dream
hexen

afflicto
17th July 2011, 06:28

I hope this post isn't misunderstood, but I feel I have to say this. And please, know that it is in no way a reproach.

If - or as long as - you need books to convince you of the transcendence of our human Being, you will not be convinced. And the reason is quite simple: it is your rational mind who needs "proof" to believe. Nothing wrong with that. The problem is that the same rational mind, being by its very nature very limited as an instrument of cognition - its conclusions are based on the input of our measly sensory apparatus - will always find a way to refute even the greatest epiphanies.

(Haven't you noticed how often people feel really good and energised after they read an "inspirational" book, but talk to them in a week or two, and they're back to their doubtful and lethargic selves? That's because the rational mind has had enough time to reinstate its limited vision, dismissing everything that cannot be sensed with the physical senses. So people go and read another book. And another, and another. But each time the same thing happens; and they are forever seeking to be re-assured - by the rational mind - of a state that they had been born into, a state too vast and complex for the rational mind to grasp, let alone explain.)

You have to find the answers to your questions within yourself. You already possess all the knowledge that you need about the human condition.
Let it speak.

But how?... HOW do I believe?

ktlight
17th July 2011, 07:33

Afflicto, you will probably do best by getting to under the nature of thought. When you have that understanding, you will be able to 'see' more clearly.

Start small, read 'Think on these things' by Krishnamurti. Click on this link : http://www.jiddu-krishnamurti.net/en/think-on-these-things/

Then get into watching his debates with Prof David Bohm on thought. What they explored throughout their lives was the very ground of being. I'll post this separately.

zebowho
17th July 2011, 07:51

Let it speak.

While I'm sure many will agree with you as I do, really this post is only "enabling" by focusing on the end result without the path and all it brings (I could be wrong but this is based on my impression of afflicto's search, from his posts). Take the one word I highlighted, without a book, or someone to explain, the meaning of that word is lost. One who's never heard it before doesn't know what it means. This is metaphorical of course as I'm sure afflicto knows what transcendence is but here's the point. Knowing the depth of transcendence, and how it applies to us personally, takes walking a path, a path of outward and personal discovery. I agree that always seeking reassurance and proof will only result in the same but as long as we are each individually seeking that language of transcendence and spirituality (and actively build upon it) we will eventually be discovering without the absolute need for books or others to give opinion on a topic, idea or epiphany. We will have our own belief system.

Afflicto, how do you believe. By staying steadfast on the path you're on. You will have your realizations, truths and experiences that nobody can take away or dispute. These will start to form your own belief, this you will Know and then you can really start exploring! Eventually you will get to the point NeverMind illustrates and then some. The above last line highlighted is for you afflicto, by using all the resources you're getting will help you navigate your inner self. They will help you discover your language of spirit which will lead to transcendence, how to believe and even things you already knew.

-z

Marsila
17th July 2011, 12:19
i can't think of anything to read, but out of experience i will say, when you no longer think too much about it, it will come to you.

your at the right age to start the journey and after letting the thought of more to life rest at the back of your mind, you will get that feeling that only you can tell yourself is right, about parallel worlds right next to yours, invisible being trying to help at times, and just more to life than the physical surface we live in.

Miller
17th July 2011, 12:26
The Holographic Universe by Michael Talbot
and
Imajica by Clive Barker

DNA
17th July 2011, 12:27
http://www.spiritualregression.org/thumbs/pages/1/1-memories_of_the_afterlife.jpg

I like Michael Newton's stuff. He does the hypnotherapy regression thing, but his focus is on what goes on in-between lives.
So what is going on while you are not in a body.
Good stuff. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO1LVA09VEU

DNA
17th July 2011, 12:36

Let it speak.

Well,,,,there is this little thread I started that deals with this question. And provides methods for first hand experience in finding some of these answers for one self if one were interested in that sort of thing.
Not to be gratuitis or anything, it is a little controversial, but hey, who's afrad of the big bad controversial wolf. LOL :)
NOT ME :hippie:

How To See A Ghost For Your Self (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?21695-How-To-See-A-Ghost-For-Your-Self)

Tigressa
17th July 2011, 12:44
There are many books here that have changed my world view. I would also add Barbara Anne Brennan's Healing Hands of Light as really impressive. Actually though, it was my training as a hypnotherapist and my personal experience of miraculously clear meditations with crystals and Crystal Dreaming (entity blocks and Past life experiences work) experiences that tipped me over to belief that something equally real as daily reality is going on. You don't need to believe anything that's not real. I know that it took having amazing experiences EVERY day, daily miracles, before I could get close believing in states of heightened awareness, other beings etc.

Best of luck and light to you, seek and ye shall find as they say!

hexenomega
23rd July 2011, 20:35
if you have to stumble, blindly, through a life, then you have been deceived by those entrusted to teach you, every view more or less is internetified so seek, and endure to the end, and you will find whatever it is you search for, one site, and i cannot even spell it is bibliotycapeds, i know i spelt it wrong, but its a mine of useful, and useless information, but , the fun is exploring it all and thinking, hey, i knew that, but from a different perspective, so, seek on, the fruit tastes beautiful
hexen

Rocky_Shorz
23rd July 2011, 22:46
afflicto hasn't been around since just before the blast in Norway which is where he is from, I tracked down his gamers website, no activity there either... he's admin...

Rocky_Shorz
23rd July 2011, 22:51
one of his friends he follows on twitter, is also from Norway and had one of her best friends on the Island, last tweet she hadn't heard from her since.

afflicto
25th July 2011, 22:36
The Friend of Trashcan..She's probably dead. :(

etheric underground
26th July 2011, 01:00
THe original spiritualist that got me on my way when i was 15.
Doris stokes from england. It is quite hard to find her books these days
but they are around. eg Voices in my ear
She did a lot of work with suicide victims and there families...very moving.
David wilcock is the new age edgar cayce and has a huge amount
of spiritual backed by science info.
If you want to find out about past lives as I did to get a broader picture of who you are
Marcia schafer... Bob deans partner.
I resonate with alex collier and for any one like me on the star seed
band wagon, he has plenty to give.
BOOK - Conversations with god opened my eyes also
BOOK - way of the peaceful warrior
BOOK - oneness by sasha Up to date universal information on all being connected\
Cynthia Crawford is an alien/human hybrid who creates sculptures that connect people with star beings
Sounds kinda strange but I can contest her validity as I have an andromedan sculpture that
I open certain doors with ( this is another thread in itself)
I can keep going but Ill give others a chance.

Someoneson1
26th July 2011, 01:54
Wow great post... I will start with early books ... The alchemist by palo coelho. A fabulous read about following your heart right to the end. Illusions by richard Bach. My first spiritual book a seed was planted here as to the highest potential we can all achieve. Carlos castenada read them all it's a shamanistic view of life and living and an absolute blast. You'll find yourself laughing out loud as don well.... The Celestine prophecy what a fun run this fast paced adventure hints at higher vibrational frequencies.

And finally "a course in miracles" this book tied up all the loose ends for me and showed the big picture. I haven't read another spiritual book since. Except for fun. I can't say enough about this book if you ever wanted to know the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth well it's free on line just google "ACIM ur text" and enjoy.

afflicto
26th July 2011, 02:08
Hi there Etheric Underground. I can say, I love listening to Alex Collier. I feel so much at peace when listening to him. I'll look into it, thanks.

Something I wanna say:
In Kung Fu Panda, the movie... As Shifu responded when Master Oogway told him:"Promise me Shifu, promise me... you will believe." I respond too; "But how!?.. I need your help Master!" And then Master Oogway gives him his staff and leaves this reality (dies).

afflicto
27th July 2011, 06:01
Guys, I wanna know what you guys know of "Quantum Biofeedback", "SCIO\EPFX"?
Also, when it comes to spiritual readings, like cards and other things. I know the pendulum thing but that's only the subconscious's random "somelatinword-motion effect".

NeverMind
7th September 2011, 01:20
No reproach. Sharing. Thank you.
Putting the rational mind aside....may I ask how you came to the conclusion that you can find all the answers within yourself?
Did you get there on your own?

In a nutshell: yes.
Outside the nutshell: yes and no.
The intellectual realisation that this is so, came from extensive intuitive empirical experience (who knew such a thing existed, right? :)) rationally analysed.
It also helped to see that maieutics works beautifully, every time.

But even that realisation, I feel, had been there forever, inside of me, since the beginning of (my) time.

Furthermore, there is a considerable possibility that our world, as we call it, is in fact, by its very nature, an individual construct.
If this is so, then the answers we fid within ourselves not only are - inevitably - correct, but they are the only answers possible in every individual's world

(I'll see if I can rework this at a more decent hour.
And sorry for not replying sooner, I didn't see this post and forgot about the thread.)