PDA

View Full Version : Acid rain - a plea to humanity to save the earth

stardustaquarion
30th May 2010, 16:57
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4Fy0YyWZgNA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4Fy0YyWZgNA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Please make this viral

Comments, suggestions, ideas on how we can all contribute to restore Earth natural beauty and balance

A little help from each of us can go a long way.....

HORIZONS
30th May 2010, 17:39
We could Accept personal responsibility for all of our actions and reactions to life’s experiences.

Accepting the challenge for personal responsibility is a major step in a new paradigm of living and human understanding. One day as my wife and I were driving home from shopping we saw the state highway road crew picking up trash along one of our highways. The amount of trash they picked up was amazing. So many people just throw their trash out their window for someone else to deal with—what a shame. If people would just take responsibility for this one small issue in life it would have a huge positive impact on our environment and on the expenditures of our tax dollars. Just think what would happen if people would take responsibility for their actions in their personal life issues. There would be so many life-impacting problems that would just take care of themselves—we would be amazed at the results. Imagine if we all took responsibility for all of our actions and reactions on a global scale: The world would change!
Everything you do affects you to some degree, and ultimately affects everything as a whole. By taking personal responsibility for your own life issues you place yourself in a position for true spiritual change and growth. In this way you can arise out of the victim (poor me) consciousness and into a spiritual consciousness where you see that it is up to you, and no one else, for the decisions you will make; and the choices that you make have the greatest effect on you and your life. When you realize that everything is connected and that everything you do comes back to you in some manner, your desire to release all that negative karma will be paramount in your life, and you will accept your part for your actions and reactions to your life issues and thereby empower yourself for greater experiences in the spiritual unfolding of consciousness.

stardustaquarion
30th May 2010, 18:06
Thank you Horizon, I think it is called the butterfly effect

Here are some ideas that I have been implementing in my own life

1) Ditch clothes detergents and get a eco ball, they are a clean and effective way of washing clothes and they will save you a bundle on detergents also

2) Wash your clothes when they need washing not before and make full loads of washing rather than washing one or two pieces of clothes

3) Don't iron unless you need to :) love this one! Going crinkled is cool!

4) Don't buy a whole new wardrobe each season, it is so bad for the environmet! specially cheap cotton. Organic is not necesarily better as they are using GMO :shocked:

5) Re-use, recycle, buy faitrade, exchange, frecycle, barter. Saves you money and saves the planet

6) Same with household re-decorating, if it does not need it, don't do it. Paint is soooo toxic. Use electric appliance until they get broken and can not be fixed.

7) Don't change you car until you need to and then downsize and even better walk if you can

9) Learn how to solar cook! I have a carboard solar cooker that works great in the hotter month, the food tastes great. But suitable for vegetables mainly in the UK. Cost £0 in electricity
Still trying to find a reasonable solution for heating! any ideas, solar panels do not work here

10)Furniture, if it is not broken it does not need changing and if you must why not freecycle? Great stuff and costs £0 too

Please add your ideas and solutions. We can share and learn!

Operator
30th May 2010, 18:14
Hi stardustaquarion,

I went half way through the video but then had to stop it ... I applaud it for raising the attention for the environment but the content is absolutely nonsense.
E.g. we throw clothes away because we can't wash it and things like not being able to wash a car ...

It is not my intent to attack you but I think drawing attention for the environment should be done seriously. These kind of videos will do more harm than good.

It is loaded with old paradigm stuff that simply will not exist under the sketched circumstances ... production of clothes (or anything else) consumes so much more
water than will be used on cleaning it. There will be no need for jobs in 2070 and hence there is no need for employers.

Actually the sketched problem is not so black at all if mankind would use common sense ... (as always is the case).

I live in an area where there is no frequent rainfall at all. However there is an abundance of wind and the air has an high relative humidity. So the water is not
falling in the form of rain but is blowing with gallons per minute over our heads. Using wind power could easily generate electricity (or use the mechanical energy)
to cool the air and condensate water form the air which is brought to us here in abundance !

Another example is that we are here surrounded by the sea so the wind power can be used to pump water from the sea and desalinate it using solar power.
I already built a parabolic mirror once that can boil water in a minute using solar power (and that was much more north than where I am now).
When built wisely and efficiently you can even use all the generated energy in the processes for other purposes.

It's a pity that the current paradigm always try to suck you in and occupy you so much but I see it as my mission to create practical showcases of the examples
I mentioned above. I succeeded on a small and mostly experimental level so far. Somehow I feel opportunities will alter (improve) when TSHTF ...

I hope that one day I will able to replace negative scare video like this with a far more positive one showing how (in some cases) the paradigm can be changed.

Cheers

stardustaquarion
30th May 2010, 18:33
Unfortunatelly is not that easy to convey a message like this. I did not made the video but it has a powerful message! I have spoken with friends that are aware of the water problem and they have said to me that fresh water will only last us 50 years if we continue to throw away water in the way we do. Lets face it, the population of the earth is increasing but the amount of drinkable water is not. If we do not make an effort to plan for the future, we will suffer and our children and their children will suffer too

It takes very little effort to change small things and they can make a great difference.

The level of acid rain will increase with the oil spill which makes the necesity to think ahead more important

Lets take it for what it is and lets make a concerted effort to change our wasteful habits. No one is talking abour self sacrificing but about being sensitive and sensible

Etherios
30th May 2010, 18:37
Unfortunatelly is not that easy to convey a message like this. I did not made the video but it has a powerful message! I have spoken with friends that are aware of the water problem and they have said to me that fresh water will only last us 50 years if we continue to throw away water in the way we do. Lets face it, the population of the earth is increasing but the amount of drinkable water is not. If we do not make an effort to plan for the future, we will suffer and our children and their children will suffer too

It takes very little effort to change small things and they can make a great difference.

The level of acid rain will increase with the oil spill which makes the necesity to think ahead more important

Lets take it for what it is and lets make a concerted effort to change our wasteful habits. No one is talking abour self sacrificing but about being sensitive and sensible

We can make drinking water from the sea... if we keep it toxic free ofc. The tech for that and the energy needed exist.

Why we dont do this? You know Scarcity... Profit... depopulation etc etc etc

stardustaquarion
30th May 2010, 19:41
Etherios I will love to say that there will be a solution but there isn't a easy answer, we can not even plug the hole in the USG!

Plus

In 2003 9'125,000 died of HUNGER according to the UN
20.4 million acres of rain forest are destroyed every year
THREE BILLION people does not have sanitation or running water
200,000 people are born a day net (that means total minus deaths) = 73'000,000 new people net a year....

We are not solving our problems now, we can either help to create a better future for our children and grandchildren or we can hope that something will "save" us which is not going to happen

And how about the earthquakes, volcanos, CMEs, civil unrest, etc, etc

More than a decade ago, Edward O Wilson, the Harvard naturalist, first estimated that about 30,000 species were going extinct each year - an extinction rate of about three an hour. Further research has confirmed that just about every group of animals and plants - from mosses and ferns to palm trees, frogs, and monkeys - is experiencing an unprecedented loss of diversity

I am not kidding, I am sure the figures are much worse. I am not talking about global warming here, it is about our consumerist habits. Who do you think will stop us, the government? Can't you see that they are quite useless and uniterested in the survival of the human race?

Never mind, I'll do my bit

Operator
30th May 2010, 20:23
200,000 people are born a day net (that means total minus deaths) = 73'000,000 new people net a year....

Hi Stardust,

I want to be supportive in your quest for change ... however I am afraid that the "Sky is falling approach" will be counter effective. You see the UN will be eager enough to present the figures as mentioned and maybe even exaggerate them. The more disaster they advocate the easier it is to raise money for funds in the aid industry and perpetuate it.

I listened to the interview yesterday between David Wilcock and Graham Hancock. I had an aha moment again when Graham told that it all started for him when he discovered that the aid industry is perpetuated and only a small portion of money ends up for the benefit of those who need it.

I think the change must come from grassroots level and we should stop buying into it. The ISS is a very good showcase how in microcosm it is possible to regenerate the sewage water and perpetually re-use it. The technology is already there ... it's just a matter of energy.The art of living is transformation of one energy sort into another (see Avatar).

So if we basically harness the available surrounding energy in a more sensible way and give up our endless believe and faith in money (as power) we will be fine in a blink of an eye.

So it's not hopeless ... if money start losing it's value (it's power) it may be a blessing and the paradigm change is inevitable. Please Keep up hope my friend.

Cheers

Etherios
30th May 2010, 20:39
Etherios I will love to say that there will be a solution but there isn't a easy answer, we can not even plug the hole in the USG!

Plus

We are not solving our problems now, we can either help to create a better future for our children and grandchildren or we can hope that something will "save" us which is not going to happen

And how about the earthquakes, volcanos, CMEs, civil unrest, etc, etc

More than a decade ago, Edward O Wilson, the Harvard naturalist, first estimated that about 30,000 species were going extinct each year - an extinction rate of about three an hour. Further research has confirmed that just about every group of animals and plants - from mosses and ferns to palm trees, frogs, and monkeys - is experiencing an unprecedented loss of diversity

I am not kidding, I am sure the figures are much worse. I am not talking about global warming here, it is about our consumerist habits. Who do you think will stop us, the government? Can't you see that they are quite useless and uniterested in the survival of the human race?

Never mind, I'll do my bit

I will have to agree and disagree with you.

Yes i agree this are bad really really bad.
No i dont agree we cant ... THEY wont do it ... life in this planet can be so much better if they lets us. If we force them to lets us then i really think we can make earth a paradise. We have the tech to do anything. We just stop it cause of profit and scarcity. Cause ppl just are scared of realizing we are slaves and we have no say in our lives.

We are cattle in a huge slaughter house. If we dont see this nothing will happen.

NO NO its not we cant do anything its we dont do anything. We dont even realize it. Go look at teh oil spill. The us pl is ignorant and .. dont know really. The sight of that couple getting a tan and the workers pass by them to go save the beach they are getting that tan ... is just sad.

stardustaquarion
31st May 2010, 09:11
Hi Etherios, thank you for your insights, of course it is your free will to do what you feel guided to.

Personally I think we are much more powerful that we give ourselves credit for. We are not responsible for what others do, but we can take resposibility for the decision that each one individually take

We are almost 7 billion people? Imagine what will happen if only one million decides to do their bit, the changes in the world will be incredible!

It is called voting with your wallet and spending your cash wisely. It can take a little more work but it is not that much. I would not be enjoying organic localy grow food if I do not take the trouble of going to the show down here and instead go to the supermarket. I have to go to the supermarket sometimes too but it is no longer a regular thing

That way I support my local shop that creates whealth in my community rather than the big corporations, I save petrol because I just walk, and I benefit my health. The planet is treated better and wildlife have an habitat, there is less unemployment which in turn should manifest as lower taxes for all. It saves international transportation, pollution.

Same applies to switching the lights when we are not using them, or making some of the economies I mentioned before. It may feel like nothing but few doing this nothing can support a shopkeeper, a organic farmer and many micro business that are ecologically oriented....

We can not expect others to do it for us, it is an individual decision

It does not mean that we need to self sacrifice and live a horrendous life style, it only take small little changes, one at the time

:wave:

stardustaquarion
31st May 2010, 09:27
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1i1W9Mi7jPM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1i1W9Mi7jPM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

stardustaquarion
31st May 2010, 09:31
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G1XBSoovQtY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G1XBSoovQtY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

stardustaquarion
31st May 2010, 17:29
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1jSEnpB26c4&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1jSEnpB26c4&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5AI6Mx_XaFw&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5AI6Mx_XaFw&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>