PDA

View Full Version : Captain Bill

Mandala
19th July 2011, 15:00
I miss hearing from Bill Ryan. Mods may we get an update? I also noticed Kerry has taken him off Project Camelot. He used to have half of the site with his links and interviews. I love his input on things. I also miss Inelia's posts. If they read this, I just wanted them to know, they are missed.

Respectfully, Mandala

Rocky_Shorz
19th July 2011, 15:06
send a thank you card to GW...

The One
19th July 2011, 15:11
Yep seems Bill as been gone along time

Warm wishes to you and Inelia wherever you are.Looking forward to the updates

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mike Gorman
19th July 2011, 15:23
I suspect Bill is having a holiday-after all it is the season in the Northern Hemisphere and we are all entitled
to a break ..betcha he shows up soon with holiday snaps...

Rocky_Shorz
19th July 2011, 22:49
last I heard he was down in Antarctic sneaking into the observatory to get a peek at Elenin, he was going to try and fill a thumb drive before getting caught...

good luck Bill!!!

TargeT
19th July 2011, 22:57
bill doesn't look to be in the sort of shape to be sneaking anywhere.. hopefully he was using social engineering instead.. people are so gullible these days...(well some are)

I hope he's alright, I certainly am and admirer of his & wouldn't think I'd be up to the task that he has taken on himself.

Good thoughts your way from the ARCTIC (not ant...)

andrewgreen
20th July 2011, 03:59
The longer one can travel and avoid getting bogged down in everyday issues the better, well done Bill.

thunder24
20th July 2011, 21:17
You both have a lot on your plate at the moment. Inelia, you have another website to run, and you're a published author; Bill, you have commitments to Project Avalon and Camelot, and are best known as a fluent and lucid interviewer. Now you're both going to be giving seminars together and have branched out on this whole new project. How can you fit all this in?

We can't! It requires a realignment of priorities. We'll both be taking a much less active role in the Project Avalon Forum, for instance, and are focusing now on whatever leverages the maximum impact and influence for the minimum investment of time and effort. It's a simple equation: there are only a certain number of hours in each day. Internet forums only talk to a tiny number of people - relatively speaking - and there are more efficient ways to operate as a teacher or disseminator or information and inspiration. We intend to explore those. And we will be working with a team of committed people to assist us. -- Bill

I agree. I've been giving personal sessions for a long time, and a relatively small number of people have benefited hugely from this 1:1 attention. The challenge is now how to multiply this effect many times and to reach large numbers of people in the same way. This is what this project is about. -- Inelia
http://bill.inelia.com/

peace

ahamkara
5th August 2011, 00:30
I notice Bill has no new posts since June 21st??? I hope that he and Inelia are well. any news would be appreciated! Namaste!

Hervé
5th August 2011, 01:00
I suspect Bill is in the process of stabilizing his new bearings after being tossed and whirled around in his own personal "Tornado Alley," if any credit is to be given to recent gossips... errr... comments to the "Grumpy Witch."

JoshERTW
5th August 2011, 01:03
I havent heard any gossips as you say, but was wondering the same thing as to Bill's whereabouts, and was going to actually post about it today myself haha

Paul
5th August 2011, 01:22
Bill is still on vacation, and still contacts the staff now and then over various details and to assure us he is well.

I am tempted to merge this thread into the latest of a series of threads on this topic: Captain Bill (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?25569-Captain-Bill).

Hervé
5th August 2011, 01:31
Bill is still on vacation, and still contacts the staff now and then over various details and to assure us he is well.

I am tempted to merge this thread into the latest of a series of threads on this topic: Captain Bill (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?25569-Captain-Bill).

Sound idea... good for implementation if OP agrees?

Paul
5th August 2011, 04:07
Merge done, as proposed.

Hervé
5th August 2011, 17:06
Ah, the good ol' days... so-called... and the drive to bring them back to the present... another way of making history repeat itself...

Here is a simplified view, through the inner alembic of an old timer, of the tribulations of our Captain Bill:

Floyd on Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:36 am
[...]
A concise history of Projects Camelot and Avalon

Bill falls out with Kerry
Bill and Kerry love St Claire
Bill and Kerry love Dan Burish
Bill and Kerry love Leo Zygami
Bill and Kerry Love Henry Deacon, Art Neumann blah blah blah
Carol thinks Art is a weirdo
Bill falls out with St Claire
Kerry falls out with Henry 'the Martian traveler' Deacon
Kerry and Bill fall out with Dan Burisch
Bill Loves Deagle
Bill falls out with Kerry even more and pretends they haven’t. Project Avalon 1 closed Project Camelot Forum Opened The Mists of Avalon opened
Kerry and Bill fall out with Stephen Greer
Leo attacks Bill and Kerry so Bill and Kerry fall out with Leo
Bill falls out with nearly all of the alternative community
Bill loves Richard and Celine
All rational people ignore Bill Deagle. Bill Ryan does the opposite
Reptiles invade Planet earth and steal Charles underpants
Kerry launches a counter attack and steals them back putting them on her living room wall as a prize
Floyd thinks Kerry is a bit weird for doing this
Grey beard tells everyone to post on his ego thread
Celine Loves everybody (in love and light)
Bill loves Charles
Kerry thinks Charles is a dick head
Project Avalon gets 9 million members kissing Charles bottom
Avalon thrown into chaos thanks to bill loving Charles
Bill loves Inelia
Celine loves Charles
Richard gets the hump
Celine is not Charles type
Bill falls out with Richard and Celine
Bill falls out with his moderators and the few remaining members of the Project Avalon he had left
Nexus Forum reactivated
Greybeard tells everyone to post on his ego thread again
Charles falls out with Inelia
Kerry thinks Bill needs to visit a shrink
Inelia charges $99 for ascension
Bill loves Inelia
Charles hates Inelia and Bill
Bill and Kerry still pretend they haven’t fallen out
Mudra meditates
smear campaign starts against Inelia
everyone is right and everyone is wrong
everyone hates Inelia
everyone hates Charles
everyone hates Bill
Claims posted here
Counter claims posted there
Nobody joins Charles website apart from 18 neo Nazis and a software program that generates millions of members
Kerry goes to the shrink
Bill starts Project Something Else
Everybody misses the point

and guess what will happen next... yep you guessed it... Bill will fall out with Inelia

Bill and Kerry kiss and make and elope to the south of France

The cycle just repeats itself [...].

... and Floyd fell out of The Mists into bright sunny days... because of falling out with a feisty woman... man!

5th August 2011, 17:55
Ah, the good ol' days... so-called... and the drive to bring them back to the present... another way of making history repeat itself...

Here is a simplified view, through the inner alembic of an old timer, of the tribulations of our Captain Bill:

[...]
A concise history of Projects Camelot and Avalon

Reptiles invade Planet earth and steal Charles underpants
Kerry launches a counter attack and steals them back putting them on her living room wall as a prize
Floyd thinks Kerry is a bit weird for doing this

The cycle just repeats itself [...].

... and Floyd fell out of The Mists into bright sunny days... because of falling out with a feisty woman... man!

OK now i get it - except for one part... where, exactly, are Charles underpants right now?

13th Warrior
5th August 2011, 18:00
Charles did exactly what he told Bill he was going to do.

Charles: I was sent to take you (Bill) out of the picture.

Bill: Well, I'm flattered that someone thinks I'm that important; my ego smiles.

Charles: Yes sir, I'm a man of my word; if i tell someone i will do something you'd better bet that it will be done.

Bill: Smiles and continues to pet his ego and says my information is all about quality and not quantity (sharp inhale)

Charles: One of the ways i take people out is through financial ruin but, some times i have women at my disposal for said same cause.

Bill: Wow that's really great; you mean their are people who are threatened by me? (soul cries out with sharp inhale)

Charles: Yes, the honest blokes are the easiest to do; they are so predictable.

Bill: I'm so important i can facilitate the changing of the world? (sharp inhale)

Charles: Hey, it's just a job; i have no emotional attachment.

Bill: Yes, Charles is my friend (sharp inhale)

Act II

Bill: I don't know? I haven't communicated with Charles...

Charles: ...

Bill: Charles is a fraud and is not to be trusted! (sharp annoying inhale is absent)

Act III

Inelia enters stage left and whisks Bill away to exotic locals never to be heard from again...

Mean while Avalon awaits the directors cut with alternate ending...

Rocky_Shorz
5th August 2011, 19:07
I thought he was taking a quick spin out to Elenin with OnyxKnight?

waiting on an update...

manny
5th August 2011, 19:24
word on the street is Inelia has blown Bills advances off.
so much has happened.
the Charles story ,now Inelia.
maybe it,s all part of a plan?
what we need to do is be there for him when he decides to resurface.
everyone makes mistakes,and sometimes love is blind.

we are not to judge ,but to be there in the healing.

manny
5th August 2011, 19:58
Maybe it's not that noticeable, but I see a quantum leap in maturation of Avalon in Bill's absence. Seems to me rather than losing our captain, our captain is gaining co-captains.

Cheers,
Fred
i hope so.Fred.
but there is the un natuaral silence.
now how do you come to that conclusion,a quantum leap in maturation?
what you state is that heresay or intuition?

Hi Manny, how bout a metaphor? Every student skydiver eventually needs to come to the point where they both know how to pack their own chute, and be fully capable of being their own "captain" when taking the big leap.

Cheers,
Fred
so when you fall flat on your face,because the parachute did not open.
you have to stand up and say i packed that.
i made a mistake,now let me stand up and move on.
and i,m sure there will be a many helping hand.

imo bill needs to to take the reins of AVALON.

w1ndmill
5th August 2011, 20:15
Maybe it's not that noticeable, but I see a quantum leap in maturation of Avalon in Bill's absence. Seems to me rather than losing our captain, our captain is gaining co-captains.

Cheers,
Fred

but not me ..... I feel that we are like a rudderless ship without Bill's input - especially considering the circumstances in which he just left us all high and dry - and the longer he leaves it the more damage will be sustained to the forum. All part of the plan maybe .....

Well, I for one am not dependent upon Bill's attendance on this forum. I am ... whatever and regardless. But just out of politeness it would be good for Bill just to check in PERSONALLY and say that all is well would be the right thing to do. Anything else is either just plain rude or else it is frightening ..........

thunder24
5th August 2011, 20:58

Cheers,
Fred

but not me ..... I feel that we are like a rudderless ship without Bill's input - especially considering the circumstances in which he just left us all high and dry - and the longer he leaves it the more damage will be sustained to the forum. All part of the plan maybe .....

Well, I for one am not dependent upon Bill's attendance on this forum. I am ... whatever and regardless. But just out of politeness it would be good for Bill just to check in PERSONALLY and say that all is well would be the right thing to do. Anything else is either just plain rude or else it is frightening ..........

maybe you should ask one of our resident psychics or remote viewers to find the rudder you seek.

When people talk about someone else like they are the captain of you...its like saying we can't make our own decisions, imo.

He gathers information and shares, just like the rest of people here. All anyone can do is adapt to the change...imo.

peace

Rocky_Shorz
5th August 2011, 21:22
caught him out fishing...

http://bill.inelia.com/images/stories/bill_mt_kenya_vsm.jpg

giovonni
5th August 2011, 21:40
caught him out fishing...

http://bill.inelia.com/images/stories/bill_mt_kenya_vsm.jpg

Blessings and Love ~ Bill

Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder :yes4:

manny
6th August 2011, 00:30

Cheers,
Fred
i hope so.Fred.

Neither one, manny.
He is projecting...haven't you noticed Fred growing in leaps and bounds??;)
i have Ulli ,and Fred would make a fine moderater.
only time will tell.
keep it real.

Flash
6th August 2011, 01:10

Cheers,
Fred
i hope so.Fred.

Hi Manny, how bout a metaphor? Every student skydiver eventually needs to come to the point where they both know how to pack their own chute, and be fully capable of being their own "captain" when taking the big leap.

Cheers,
Fred

The problem with this thinking Fred is that we have been told over and over ... and over again that this is not our forum but Bill's (which I somewhat agreed with then). So now we are leading along Bill's forum? Without the owner? Have you ever seen a businessman leaving his business to unpaid workers or free helpers and expect his business to run entirely by itself almost?

The second problem with your metaphore is that the chute is not ours, nor the mods'. Taking a deep dive when you don't know how the chute is packed by the unpaid team is a bit risky isn't it, even if the team does its best to make sure you do not brake your bones.

All this to say that months away from your undertaking is a bit strange. This is what I call the demise of Avalon and Atticus success. imho of course.

w1ndmill
6th August 2011, 06:23

Cheers,
Fred

maybe you should ask one of our resident psychics or remote viewers to find the rudder you seek.

When people talk about someone else like they are the captain of you...its like saying we can't make our own decisions, imo.

He gathers information and shares, just like the rest of people here. All anyone can do is adapt to the change...imo.

peace#

You misunderstand me - I'm talking about the rudderless forum, not me personally - and thanks all the same but I am not asking for any spiritual direction by my enquiry. My request is a purely physical plea for Bill to post on the forum - not to this post but to anything he might be interested in. There's a lot here after all. Nobody else need answer, explain or reprimand or comment. Thank you.

greybeard
6th August 2011, 09:09
Relax
History repeats itself.
Bill left Avalon to its own devices before and rarely posted.
The ex mods ran it at that time-- now we are in the capable hands of Paul and others of good heart.
New members came here with expectation and the missunderstanding that Bill and Kery built the reputation of Avalon single handed.
Yes it was their forum but apart from the interviews which were and are great many subjects were raised and investigated by the ordinary members--- YOU.
Yes Bill pays the Bills but the forum is created by YOU.
Without YOU there is no forum.
Avalon will survive beautifully with or without Bill posting but it will be great to see him interviewing and posting again.
You will notice that Inelia is not posting at the moment-- not maintaining her thread and is working without Bill with another teacher.
So if Bill was of the mind to post here he would.
Please just give him a well deserved rest and keep building the good reputation of Avalon with great new subjects and many posts.
YOU are Avalon and always have been.

Chris

Bryn ap Gwilym
6th August 2011, 10:24
Relax
History repeats itself.
Bill left Avalon to its own devices before and rarely posted.
The ex mods ran it at that time-- now we are in the capable hands of Paul and others of good heart.
New members came here with expectation and the missunderstanding that Bill and Kery built the reputation of Avalon single handed.
Yes it was their forum but apart from the interviews which were and are great many subjects were raised and investigated by the ordinary members--- YOU.
Yes Bill pays the Bills but the forum is created by YOU.
Without YOU there is no forum.
Avalon will survive beautifully with or without Bill posting but it will be great to see him interviewing and posting again.
You will notice that Inelia is not posting at the moment-- not maintaining her thread and is working without Bill with another teacher.
So if Bill was of the mind to post here he would.
Please just give him a well deserved rest and keep building the good reputation of Avalon with great new subjects and many posts.

Chris

Not true. Please check the Inelia thread.

Ria
6th August 2011, 13:22
We are on the Project Avalon site to commune with Bill and friends.
Atticus has had enough time and space on this site, he has set himself up nicely on the back of Bill. And all here are free to go there. Some of you must have got bored with Atticus blah blah by now, its old news.
Inelia made her de-beau here on Avalon and has moved on, it seems.
Now, do not these fair weather friendships fit the old paradigm? of service to self.
The NOW and FUTURE paradigm is unity, love and truth.
I invite all of us to build a paradigm of our own making.
What do you wont it to be?
Tune into your own inner shepherd / higher self. What comes up?
Unity, love, truth........feels fun and liberating to me.
What do you wont?

thunder24
6th August 2011, 14:04
Relax
History repeats itself.

Chris

WOW,

who would have thought that a man would need to relax and rest instead of continuely posting on an internet forum guideing his faithful followers.
Good post Chris. More should actually consider it. thanks

peace

Mother
6th August 2011, 14:36
I miss hearing from Bill Ryan. Mods may we get an update? I also noticed Kerry has taken him off Project Camelot. He used to have half of the site with his links and interviews. I love his input on things. I also miss Inelia's posts. If they read this, I just wanted them to know, they are missed.

Respectfully, Mandala

Hello,
Inelia has posted at "The Montesuenos Group", you are all welcome to be a part or visit. She is also developing her own path, engaging on issues which she, with her own discernment, trusts.
For those truly concerned about Bill´s welfare, I´d take Paul´s word as oficial: Bill is all right, commited as always in being the more lucid and honest person he can be, considering the complexity of the mission he choose and neverending ambiguos issues he is asked to address, including everybody´s expectations.

Much love!

jagman
6th August 2011, 14:53
I think you sumed it up nicely! lol

Anno
6th August 2011, 15:28
[...]
We can't! It requires a realignment of priorities. We'll both be taking a much less active role in the Project Avalon Forum, for instance, and are focusing now on whatever leverages the maximum impact and influence for the minimum investment of time and effort. It's a simple equation: there are only a certain number of hours in each day. Internet forums only talk to a tiny number of people - relatively speaking - and there are more efficient ways to operate as a teacher or disseminator or information and inspiration. We intend to explore those. And we will be working with a team of committed people to assist us. -- Bill
[...]
http://bill.inelia.com/

peace

Cost:Benefit, Teacher.
Risk:Reward, Interviewer.

A subtle, but revealing change.

[...]Nobody joins Charles website apart from 18 neo Nazis and a software program that generates millions of members[...]

Curious. I made a few posts saying that I felt the Far Right were behind Charles and the attack on Avalon from the moment I arrived here. I don't believe it is an attack on Bill personally, that is a required part. And by attack, I should say 'hostile harvest'.

Underground animals with complex burrow systems can be easily caught by setting traps at the exits and sending in a Ferret or Small dog to chase them out.

[...]
imo bill needs to to take the reins of AVALON.

Reins are used to control beasts of burden to direct their energy in a way that is useful for the one who holds them.

I'm with Fred S on this. The aim of every master should be that his student surpasses what he can teach and develop new knowledge. Without any clear 'leader' (not that I've ever thought Bill saw himself as one until now, PI - Post Inelia) people seem to have gotten on fine by themselves. Other people have stepped up and said what needed to be said as and when. The same thing happened when Lord Sid took a break.

I can't remember what thread it was in but a while back I asked everyone to remember that Avalon is an ideal that has been around far longer than any of us on here have been alive. Throughout time various people who resonate with the ideal will form their own versions of 'something' based on the ideal. This forum is just one of them and noone owns or 'is' Avalon. Not even Arthur if he came back.

I also hope Bill and Inelia are ok and enjoying what ever it is they are doing. As the homies say, If you have to hate, hate the game not the player.

syrwong
6th August 2011, 15:35
Bill's prolonged absence prompts me to realize the fragility of such a website/community. It has to be maintained constantly by the founder, since there is almost always not a second in command, the leaving of the founder will certainly mean the demise of the community. So whether spiritually or materialistically the founder is all important.

thunder24
6th August 2011, 15:36
how many people finance a business, but let others run it?

peace

Anno
6th August 2011, 15:46
Bill's prolonged absence prompts me to realize the fragility of such a website/community. It has to be maintained constantly by the founder, since there is almost always not a second in command, the leaving of the founder will certainly mean the demise of the community. So whether spiritually or materialistically the founder is all important.

I couldn't disagree more. The people I value most here are the people who's names and faces keep popping up in threads I read. The ones that offer great advice and insights, present evidence without some 'woo woo' condition, ones that can stand up to you and disagree without being a cock about it. They are the people that make the forum and none of them are Bill. Bill is the reason we came, the posters are the reason we stay. Don't forget that.

peace

Only investors who just want profit. To them, instead of you going to work you can send your money to work instead. Invested by is the same as Employed by. If the place your money is working starts to offer less reward than another, you can take it out and move it. Just like you used to be able to quit one job and get another. Meanwhile the investors enjoy the life of the 'independently wealthy' off the backs of everyone else.

The other kind are those that have an interest but don't have the time so they help someone else do it instead. You can 'bet your bottom dollar' that they'll be involved in every last thing that goes on. These are the kind that make awesome businesses and charities that add to the world. The first kind give us McDonalds and Walmart.

thunder24
6th August 2011, 16:00
I couldn't disagree more. The people I value most here are the people who's names and faces keep popping up in threads I read. The ones that offer great advice and insights, present evidence without some 'woo woo' condition, ones that can stand up to you and disagree without being a cock about it. They are the people that make the forum and none of them are Bill. Bill is the reason we came, the posters are the reason we stay. Don't forget that.

peace

The other kind are those that have an interest but don't have the time so they help someone else do it instead. .

Anno,

what i bolded in the above quote was my point. I didn't have those words to express, so thankyou:horn:

peace

Njord
6th August 2011, 16:34
I don't know about anyone else, or whatever it is... but I'm starting to feel and believe that everything is just fantasies.
The sheer volume of information (and dis-info) is over saturating the (my) greater picture.

I've turned off the TV and don't read the public mass media stories on anything anymore. I even took a break from all of this "alternative media" stuff, to see if it did something to my perspective.

I still think "there has to be something to it all, millions of people throughout history can't have been making or imagining this all up... or have they?
Bill used to come across to me as the rational one. Lately, I don't know.

I feel like I'm losing my way in all of this. Even if the clock still feels like it's 11:59 /23:59...

Be safe wherever you are Bill, even if only on holiday.

Foggy
6th August 2011, 16:40
A normal person sends a personal card or note to express concern.

Feigning concern by posting here is shouting: "I am a hypocrite".....and I will gossip and do as I damn well please..

Give it a rest and get a life.

syrwong
6th August 2011, 18:18

peace

Only investors who just want profit. To them, instead of you going to work you can send your money to work instead. Invested by is the same as Employed by. If the place your money is working starts to offer less reward than another, you can take it out and move it. Just like you used to be able to quit one job and get another. Meanwhile the investors enjoy the life of the 'independently wealthy' off the backs of everyone else.

The other kind are those that have an interest but don't have the time so they help someone else do it instead. You can 'bet your bottom dollar' that they'll be involved in every last thing that goes on. These are the kind that make awesome businesses and charities that add to the world. The first kind give us McDonalds and Walmart.

You are right, we are not here just because of a single person or his ideas. I was saying another thing. The community exists because of the founder, who built the structure, the house for us to meet and discuss and share. But if he is gone, there will not be the money, and probabaly not another organizer to maintain the house, and so the community will disperse. I felt a bit sad about how easy it was to bring down a web site and the community assocoated by attacking the founder. This is a fact more than my opiniion. Bill must have been the subject of relentless attacks.

There is a Chinese saying, "When the tree falls down, the monkeys will all disperse". It is the environment that matters.

GCS1103
6th August 2011, 18:19
Quite honestly, I miss Lord Sidious more than I miss Bill. Since I have been a member here, I have gotten more out of Rob's posts than Bill's. I also miss his Ofra Haza videos!!! This forum will not be the same if he doesn't return. He certainly puts more time into this place than anyone else and cares about it very much.

Ria
6th August 2011, 19:08
Syrwong, cant Bill have some time to him self, don't you ever feel like it?
All so I think it is time to get rid of the Atticus threads. it is taking up unnecessary space
You feel more inspired when you clean out the closets..

NeverMind
7th August 2011, 12:34

Well, not really - certainly not this new member.
I decided to join based on what I read in certain threads - which underlines your point, actually.
I did not know who exactly Bill was, and still have no idea who Kery is.
(Not meant as an offence, just saying it like it is.)

PS. I read in another thread that the "Charles material" attracted a lot of new members. Maybe so, but again, not this member. I still haven't figured out who Charles is/or was, in the first place.
I only have a vague idea; but from what I can gather, said material does not correspond to my primary interests in life at this point.

PPS. And now that I see you have read this, Greybeard, so there's little chance you'll re-read this post, I can say - without sounding like "sucking up" - that a few of those posts that attracted me to this site were yours. :)

NeverMind
7th August 2011, 12:54
I don't know about anyone else, or whatever it is... but I'm starting to feel and believe that everything is just fantasies.
The sheer volume of information (and dis-info) is over saturating the (my) greater picture.

I've turned off the TV and don't read the public mass media stories on anything anymore. I even took a break from all of this "alternative media" stuff, to see if it did something to my perspective.

I still think "there has to be something to it all, millions of people throughout history can't have been making or imagining this all up... or have they?
Bill used to come across to me as the rational one. Lately, I don't know.

I feel like I'm losing my way in all of this. .

For what it's worth, I think I know exactly how you feel; and I think your turning off the media - including, or especially, "alternative" media - was probably the best thing you could do.

I think you can only find what you're looking for inside yourself, and in the silence - or rather, the stillness - that comes from inside.
Give it time. Wander, if you must; it's all good. The truth that you thought you once sensed still is out there.
It doesn't go anywhere; the world is built upon it. :-)

Anno
7th August 2011, 14:24
[...]
[...]

I'm not so happy about the push to avoid mainstream media by some among us. There are two main reasons. The first being that you are only getting half the picture and the 'alternative' could be just as controlled and evil, if not worse. Secondly, the old addage: Know Your Enemy.

I've found that I can enjoy Mainstream Media more because I can read the symbolism and hidden intents that you learn about in the Alternative. If I know what is going on in 'both camps' I can see how they each reflect whatever is going on. Doing this lets me find some truth inbetween them where they meet, rather than being soley on one side.
It reminds me of this left brain right brain bollocks we see so much of. I use my whole brain. If others want to self lobotomise and just use half because some guru said it's cool to do so, then good luck to them. =]

Mainstream Media can be so funny when you start to recognise the symbols and themes that get hidden. Every show and advert becomes a surreal comedy.

You are right, we are not here just because of a single person or his ideas. I was saying another thing. The community exists because of the founder, who built the structure, the house for us to meet and discuss and share. But if he is gone, there will not be the money, and probabaly not another organizer to maintain the house, and so the community will disperse.

That's exactly the same thing. First you saw Bill as the generator of the idea and now you're seeing him as the 'daddy' or provider. Either way you're assuming that without Bill the forum will die. Different angles of perspective and words maybe, but still the same principle.

I felt a bit sad about how easy it was to bring down a web site and the community assocoated by attacking the founder. This is a fact more than my opiniion. Bill must have been the subject of relentless attacks.

Has Avalon been brought down? *looks around* It sounds like you're speaking from an alternative future where Avalon was destroyed. You can't destroy an ideal. If the money runs out, someone else will provide it, or people will move to another forum. Maybe even start their own, it's not that hard or expensive to do.

There is a Chinese saying, "When the tree falls down, the monkeys will all disperse". It is the environment that matters.

I love that. =] I think the important word is disperse. The monkeys don't die, they just move on. Nothing has been destroyed, noone is dead and Avalon is an eternal ideal that will out-live us all.

NeverMind
7th August 2011, 14:51
I'm not so happy about the push to avoid mainstream media by some among us. There are two main reasons. The first being that you are only getting half the picture and the 'alternative' could be just as controlled and evil, if not worse. Secondly, the old addage: Know Your Enemy.

For what it's worth, I avoid them for the simple reason that the things they have to say do not interest me. I used to work in mainstream media - as a journalist - and I was very happy during that period, but after I left it (of my own accord) I discovered, much to my initial surprise, that I could not only survive but flourish even without knowing what's "happening" in the world - meaning the news.

Most of all, though, the truth is that I do not consider the mainstream media my "enemy". I do consider them severely limited in their scope of mind, and often extremely damaging, even though inflicting harm is the last thing on the mind of 99% of journalists.

Come to think of it, nobody is my enemy - only my own fear and ignorance.
It may sound like a platitude, but I really think so. :)

Anno
7th August 2011, 15:10
For what it's worth, I avoid them for the simple reason that the things they have to say do not interest me. I used to work in mainstream media - as a journalist - and I was very happy during that period, but after I left it (of my own accord) I discovered, much to my initial surprise, that I could not only survive but flourish even without knowing what's "happening" in the world - meaning the news.

Most of all, though, the truth is that I do not consider the mainstream media my "enemy". I do consider them severely limited in their scope of mind, and often extremely damaging, even though inflicting harm is the last thing on the mind of 99% of journalists.

Come to think of it, nobody is my enemy - only my own fear and ignorance.
It may sound like a platitude, but I really think so. :)

As a bit of a side topic, from your experience do you think oversaturation of Media has something to do with it? I remember when there were only 4 TV channels so only the best people could get things on TV. Now there are I don't know how many, rolling 24 hours a day and desparate for content. This means that people who would have previously been judged 'not good enough' will get their content shown. This then (in my mind) lowers standards overall and starts to reward 'crappy journalism'.
24 hour rolling news is the same. Instead of half an hour every now and then when only important things could get aired, now they're desparate to find any old rubbish just to fill the time and everything is washed in superlatives to try and hide the fact that it's not that important after all.

I also don't believe in enemies. There's no prize to win in life. We live, we leave, we may or may not return. Nothing physical that we accumulate in this life can be carried over so why compete to get the most and force people in to Teams or Enemy/Ally? Seems a little silly to me.

NeverMind
7th August 2011, 19:04
As a bit of a side topic, from your experience do you think oversaturation of Media has something to do with it?

Partly, no doubt. (And of course, being familiar with the editing decision-making process has made me much more cynical about the value assigned to any given news item.)

But I have had ample time to "recover" - as a journalist (print, i.e. newspaper & magazines) I was at my most active in the mid-nineties - yet the "news" appeal to me less and less. The main reason is that my own interior path has taken me to "landscapes" where exterior news have a symbolic value only - like you said, and you said it very well - but I do not need that value as a signpost anymore. I am not a recluse, nor would I want to be one, but I simply do not pay attention to the path that mainstream media have chosen to show people.

I am sorry for being cryptic and for using overly "airy fairy" terms, perhaps.
It's just that it's not easy to write - succinctly, I mean - about things that, by their very nature, shun words. :-)

This means that people who would have previously been judged 'not good enough' will get their content shown. This then (in my mind) lowers standards overall and starts to reward 'crappy journalism'.

Not only that, but in many cases they get the opportunity precisely because they are "not good enough" (i.e. not up to the previous standards of public discourse). There is a sadistic component to it that brings out the worst in people. This, I believe, is the direct consequence of Big Brother, the first and seminal programme that introduced the "reality TV" craze. Their authors have a lot to answer to. And yes, of course such programmes would not be successful if there weren't a market for them; still, I think it is extremely cynical to deny the active influence of public discourse on the standards of social acceptability and even private behaviour - for better and for worse.
But that's a different subject altogether...

Anno
7th August 2011, 22:50
[...]There is a sadistic component to it that brings out the worst in people. This, I believe, is the direct consequence of Big Brother, the first and seminal programme that introduced the "reality TV" craze. Their authors have a lot to answer to.[...]

The part I find most funny is that the majority audience of both the alternative and mainstream media are so concerned with the characters put in front of them like Rothschild and Obama that they'll probably never know who John de Mol and Richard Desmond are. This next round should be funny, I'm expecting Cartoon Big Brother and Davina will be replaced by Barbara Windsor. I trust there will be a Big Brother thread when it starts.

Sorry for going off topic everyone, we now return to Fred S discovering his inner Tiger. Rawwwr. =]

Fred Steeves
7th August 2011, 23:26
Sorry for going off topic everyone, we now return to Fred S discovering his inner Tiger. Rawwwr. =]

Thank you for the good belly laugh Anno, that was a gut buster!!

Cheers,
Fred

ahamkara
18th August 2011, 19:32
I would like to know that Bill is OK and will be returning, eventually, to the site. I miss his insights and his interviews. Is anyone in contact with him and can give us an informal update? I feel as if a friend has dropped off the face of the Earth! Give him our love and support. Namaste

Lifebringer
18th August 2011, 19:36
I just read something on his sight yesterday. Check a couple pages back, but he and Inelia are teaching people to heal the minds of those who have the power to make the changes needed. Something about a transferring stare through a wall at someone. Inelia is teaching Bill Ryan how to do it, and he throughly is enjoying it.

greybeard
18th August 2011, 19:41
There is a possibility that the the Bill and Inelia seminers have come to an end.
Inelia is busy doing talks with others.
There is no mention of any future Bill and Inelia talks.

Hopefully Bill will be back here soon.
He has said he will attending an event in September.

Chris