PDA

View Full Version : Talk Radio

Fred Steeves
19th July 2011, 19:02
I cut my teeth on a local talk radio show a little while ago. I was at work, busy, hot, and sweaty, but it seemed important to prove something to myself. The host was the pure lefty type, and the hot topic was how utterly irresponsible the republicans are with the debt limit debate.

After being casually and elequently blown off three times by the host concerning my question of how national debt can EVER be repaid, being that every dollar of our "money" is borrowed from the Federal Reserve with interest, he pulled the tired and old flanking maneuver of blaming Bush for all the debt and wars, and where was I then? Big mistake.

I don't think he expected someone who he thought HAD to be a right winger to enthusiastically agree. "Absolutely" I said, "Bush spent money like there's no tomorrow, and got us into two senseless wars. Now Obama's doubling down on the spending, and how many wars are we in now, 3, 4? Not to mention all the tragic loss off life for everybody concerned. Both of these guys are ruining the country from the inside out".

I was hung up on before the last part got out I think.

This is the big farce, and that's why I called. It HAS to be the old left-right endless food fight. It's pure theatre. You HAVE to pick a side, and you HAVE to play the game. If you do, you can have all the debate time in the world, if not? ...CLICK... I think I'll start doing this more often, get people out of their comfort zones, especially the listeners. Besides, I'm not a very good speaker and could use the practice. The time may come when that practice and experience comes in very handy.

Maybe it'll be time to have a chat with Mr. Limbaugh on the EIB soon...Stay "tuned"... Ha Ha

Cheers,
Fred

Lord Sidious
19th July 2011, 19:07
You know what you will lose?
Your fear/nervousness and then after that, you will be able to speak in public with no nerves.
Toastmasters is a good training ground for those who need practise as well.

fractal being
19th July 2011, 19:10
Is that your official bid for the presidency? :fans:

Fred Steeves
19th July 2011, 19:20
Is that your official bid for the presidency? :fans:

THAT made me laugh, good one. I'll see about forming a Political Action Committee, then announce that I'm going to announce soon. Oh, wait, where does one find handlers and teleprompters? Will I have to shake babies and kiss hands too? :lol:

Cheers,
Fred

fractal being
19th July 2011, 19:30
No, no, no. You got it all wrong. this is how it's done:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb_qHP7VaZE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExWfh6sGyso&feature=related

Seriously though. Well done the first couple of times are difficult and then it almost feels natural.

Venceremos!

GCS1103
19th July 2011, 21:36
I cut my teeth on a local talk radio show a little while ago. I was at work, busy, hot, and sweaty, but it seemed important to prove something to myself. The host was the pure lefty type, and the hot topic was how utterly irresponsible the republicans are with the debt limit debate.

After being casually and elequently blown off three times by the host concerning my question of how national debt can EVER be repaid, being that every dollar of our "money" is borrowed from the Federal Reserve with interest, he pulled the tired and old flanking maneuver of blaming Bush for all the debt and wars, and where was I then? Big mistake.

I don't think he expected someone who he thought HAD to be a right winger to enthusiastically agree. "Absolutely" I said, "Bush spent money like there's no tomorrow, and got us into two senseless wars. Now Obama's doubling down on the spending, and how many wars are we in now, 3, 4? Not to mention all the tragic loss off life for everybody concerned. Both of these guys are ruining the country from the inside out".

I was hung up on before the last part got out I think.

This is the big farce, and that's why I called. It HAS to be the old left-right endless food fight. It's pure theatre. You HAVE to pick a side, and you HAVE to play the game. If you do, you can have all the debate time in the world, if not? ...CLICK... I think I'll start doing this more often, get people out of their comfort zones, especially the listeners. Besides, I'm not a very good speaker and could use the practice. The time may come when that practice and experience comes in very handy.

Maybe it'll be time to have a chat with Mr. Limbaugh on the EIB soon...Stay "tuned"... Ha Ha

Cheers,
Fred

Good post, Fred S. The lines between "Republican" and "Democrat" are almost non-existent amongst most politicians themselves. Those labels are for the rest of us so that we can all fight over "right" and "left" ideology. Politicians, in general, are basically a corrupt group of people who love to hear themselves talk and make deals behind closed doors. Their primary goal is attaining and maintaining power and expanding it whenever possible. They are insulated from the problems of every day life. I have a hard time pulling the lever for anyone now.

Good luck with your future call-ins.

Goldie