PDA

View Full Version : Kula's Pledge thread...

Kulapops
31st May 2010, 10:21
Dear All,

Yes... it's a time for action... not reading... :0)

You can't save your world just by reading about it We need some balance... some time here.. and some time taking ACTION !

So this thread is for those of you who would like a bit of impetus to pry those little pinkies off that keyboard and go, leave the computer for 10 mins or an hour or maybe even two... go away and DO SOMETHING... and then come back and tell us here what you did.

Just a bit of fun. It could be the washing up... baked profiteroles (My personal fave)...mowed the lawn... done the washing up. Who knows with a bit of practice we might even evolve to something more tricky like...'wrote a poem' , 'wrote a song'... 'built a compost bin' (done that one :0) ).

The sky is your limit. I know what it's like. Two hours on here and all I have to show for it is words. So.. here's my little brainchild... use the forum to do something practical... Now's your chance !

You can pledge it here.. then come back and tell us when it's done. Can be as simple or as fun as you like

http://www.bellbrush.com/images/_2008_FUR001.jpg

Suppose I better start the ball rolling... I need to go cut the hedge in the front garden so that the postman can get up the path....

See you soon pledgies...

K x

Kulapops
31st May 2010, 10:26
P.S. Photo evidence could be fun too... ! I want to see that pile of neglected dishies in your kitchen disappear !!! :0)

tron
31st May 2010, 10:40
i did find the image that comes to my head every time i see your screen name....
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a370/demetristars/tumblr_kvm1hjyQcT1qzm6hyo1_500.jpg
I love this picture and i love you,
even if your not a real bear in a tropical tree enjoying a refreshing snack.

now on to the dishes!:high5:

Gita
31st May 2010, 10:52
I love this picture and i love you,
even if your not a real bear in a tropical tree enjoying a refreshing snack.

Tron, actually he is!:secret:

Well Kula my dear friend, I'm off to make tea and toast for my teenage gal who just got her backside out of bed and is now demanding breakfast! :rolleyes:I shall post pics after she's eaten! :p

Kulapops
31st May 2010, 10:55
Kool ! Nice one... just come in to get the ladders... it's a bigger job than I thought :0)

Viva le personal revolution !

This is great guys ! Dishes... toast... !! This is exactly what I'm talking bout....

You know who you are out there...c'mon... this is your opportunity. Don't need to beleive anything for this to work.

Looking forward to the pics already. Have taken my 'before' and now... I just gotta finish... because I pledged it right here.... :0)

K

greybeard
31st May 2010, 11:03
Yes K pops.
Went down town to renew passport --- closed its a holiday
Made soup-- broth.
Waiting for my guitar playing friend to arrive then its rock and roll.
Sitting down with glasses and hearing aid reading the words playing and singing. LOL

I got my priorities right.

The dream goes on.

If I was on the titanic I would have been in the band.

Chris

Gita
31st May 2010, 11:32
Ok Kula, I’ve fed the bottomless pit and now time to do the dishes! :blink:

http://www.dishwasherinstallations.com/images/DirtyDishes.jpg

Kulapops
31st May 2010, 12:32
Good for you hun!

Well, the hedge is cut...and I'll post piccies as soon as this site speeds up a bit! Is the idea of Avalon really to get us to waste our time ?? Might explain the slow loading times of every page

tee hee

K

Kulapops
31st May 2010, 12:58
@Tron... is that a Kula-aid Lolly I'm licking ??

illuminate
31st May 2010, 13:20
this is GREAT!!!

I must be on the same page as Chris...
I too was going to the post office to get my FIRST passport ever
(finally time to leave this nest known as the land of the free)
but we have a darn holiday as well.

maybe now I shall have some soup and rock n roll too...

either way, I'll be back soon with pics of something, I promise :p

love in you cuz it's all I wanna do!

HORIZONS
31st May 2010, 13:23
Well, I get on here every morning and have my coffee, then I am off to the chicken farm < http://www.youtube.com/user/xfwykklp#p/u/16/SgI9t4Fvd8E > Then when I am finished I'll check back in throughout the day. Lots to do around here - but sometimes, I must admit, I spend way too much time on here - I think I see some weeds in my gardens, I better go and get them out.

HORIZONS
31st May 2010, 13:29
Did someone say rock-n-roll? Well your NEVER to old to rock-n-roll... http://www.youtube.com/user/xfwykklp#p/u/5/3Mgzv8XqIJI
I am hoping to do some of that today as well - if I can get some others off their arss and come over to jam!

Gita
31st May 2010, 13:47
Love your band Horizons. I could’ve sworn you were the one in yellow but the credits say you were playing the drums!!:blink: The camera work could be a bit clearer!:laugh: You look pretty cool though :cool: and your friend’s voice is pretty good. :thumb: You lot must have a blast when you all get together. Totally loved the first track. :rockon:

illuminate
31st May 2010, 13:56
Horizons:
ditto to what my beautiful sister Gita said!

when we all meet at the avalon reunion, it'll be quite the blast for all of us to play together!!
music I mean :p

rock on!

:panda:

Kulapops
31st May 2010, 13:56
Fantastic peeps.... I knew we could do this....

Gita.. how's the washing up looking, hun ?

Love you,

K x

Gita
31st May 2010, 14:05
I'm still washing the darn dishes Kula - the child doesn't stop eating - don't know where she puts it?

Ps - you forgot to sweep the path - typical bloke!:rolleyes: :heh:

Kulapops
31st May 2010, 14:08
Good point Gita... it's all done now though...

Good luck with the washing up... remember to keep the laptop away from the sink

:0P

K

HORIZONS
31st May 2010, 14:09
Love your band Horizons. I could’ve sworn you were the one in yellow but the credits say you were playing the drums!! The camera work could be a bit clearer! You look pretty cool though :cool: and your friend’s voice is pretty good. :thumb: You lot must have a blast when you all get together. Totally loved the first track. :rockon:

LOL! Thanks Gita - you are right I am the drummer and I am the drum, so i guess I am drum-n-drummer :drum: Thats me being in total freedom and fun. Jason, the bass player is the clown, he is lots of fun. As for Mike's singing - well you either like him or hate him, no in-between, not much balance to that one :laugh: and he is a little :crazy: but sooooo much fun.
:peace:

greybeard
31st May 2010, 14:12
My friend dident come.
No singing no noise making.
Neighbors happy.
Check out below my signature and you will hear why.
I make plans and God laughs
Oh well the grass got cut.
Oh MOW is me. Woe I meant.
Hold hands this is an up stick
Stick up this is a hold hands.
Oh just give me the money
Goon but not forgoten
Those were the days,
Comedians made us laugh without the F word.
No matter life goes on.
Love and thanks to K for the best thread on the forum.
Chris

HORIZONS
31st May 2010, 14:16
Horizons:
ditto to what my beautiful sister Gita said!

when we all meet at the avalon reunion, it'll be quite the blast for all of us to play together!!
music I mean :p

rock on!

Thanks illum, I look forward to playing together - music that is :-) and I would love to have your avater as a lead vocalist in a band :rofl:

Fredkc
31st May 2010, 14:20
Kula;

You really don't know when to just QUIT, do you? Have you NO shame?

Ok, took your advice, and yesterday I took out the trash AND ran the vacuum in 1/2 the house for "Wifely Unit". The poor woman is still in shock. If I have to call the paramedics, you will be hearing from legal counsel.

illuminate
31st May 2010, 14:21
I would love to have your avater as a lead vocalist in a band :rofl:

done!

being a child of the 70's, I always wanted to be in a band where I could paint my face!!!!

Niobe
31st May 2010, 14:22
I'm off to clean my house as I have guests coming tomorrow! Yay! ( Not yay about cleaning the house, yay about the guests :P ) Then it's off to help my son finish up his community service project- ie picking up garbage along the road. Yay! lol

Kulapops
31st May 2010, 14:24
Oh MOW is me !!!!

Rofl..... Chris... that should have been the thread title !!! Mods !! lol...

Whether the Illuminati rolled out any dastardly plans today or they didn't... my hedge got cut.

Hmm... think on that till next we all meet....

C'mon.. I want RESULTS on this thread .. not CHAT

lolol

K

Kulapops
31st May 2010, 14:32
P.S. thanks all for your input... it seems I have touched a nerve thank goodness. I know... you all spend so long in the vales of Avalon that there must be oodles of jobs, small and large just winking at you. So pledge them here.. and it won't be so easy to get out of them... cos we'll all know !

What's worse.. they're things you WANT to do, some of them... paint...write..sing.. play..read...relax...who knows? You tell us!

I'm all up for playing together... that's a whole heap better than worrying together

So Horizons.. what pledge are you going to make regarding your band/music then ? ;0)

illuminate
31st May 2010, 14:36
I'm all up for playing together... that's a whole heap better than worrying together

YES!!!!
muah

Gita
31st May 2010, 14:40
Ok peeps, here's some other things I managed to do today;

Groomed the cat and turned him into a sphinx. :)
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=1014

Made my other cat a cup of tea.:becky:
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=1015

But really shouldn’t have put any sugar in it!! oops!:heh:
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=1016

kriya
31st May 2010, 14:44
Ok, sorry to be a rebel, but today is the first day of my half-term holiday, so I is taking it well easy:cool: I will consider the washing up at some point I suppose, before we run out of plates;)
Then I plan to rewatch the Ashayana Deane interview because I didn't get it the first time. Tomorrow off to the passport office.
Wednesday its Legoland with my son.
Thursday is my daughter's 17th birthday.

Definitely not mowing the lawn or cutting hedges.

Love,

Kriya

PS will provide pictures when I've worked out how.

kriya
31st May 2010, 15:03
This is me today

http://clear.msu.edu/dennie/clipart/sleep.gif

greybeard
31st May 2010, 15:06
Hi Horizon the drumming is great.
I have to make do with a drum machine and not very good one at that.
Only two of us playing anyway, home recording.
Not likey that I will play infront of people but had my moments playing in front to people.
Crowd of a thousand was as big as it got for us, but it was fun while it lasted
Have fun
Ch.

greybeard
31st May 2010, 15:16
70s
Mama were all crazy now
Whats New Lol
Most of my semi pro playing was in the 60s 70s
It was a greatttttttttttttttt timeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Have fun
Ch

HORIZONS
31st May 2010, 16:38

So Horizons.. what pledge are you going to make regarding your band/music then ? ;0)

I love it -- it is better to play together then to worry together! Thats a great one.

So, I pledge to play and work out all that rust that has set in these bones, even if no one else shows up! And I will record it for future upload.
In fact, this is what I started doing this month: http://www.youtube.com/user/xfwykklp

How about you?

PS. when do we get to all get together and JAM?

Gita
31st May 2010, 17:40
Man of many talents. Go Horizons. :rockon::cool::drum::fans::whoo::drum:

NF2jZ_3LCys

HORIZONS
31st May 2010, 17:53
Ok peeps, here's some other things I managed to do today;

Groomed the cat and turned him into a sphinx. :)
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=1014

Made my other cat a cup of tea.:becky:
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=1015

But really shouldn’t have put any sugar in it!! oops!:heh:
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=1016

TOO FUNNY!!!
:roll:

HORIZONS
31st May 2010, 17:57
Man of many talents. Go Horizons. :rockon::cool::drum::fans::whoo::drum:

NF2jZ_3LCys

SWEET!!! Ive got fans .. :fans: How cool is that?

Thanks Gita

HORIZONS
31st May 2010, 18:40
Hey Kula, This idea of a pledge thread is good one, It made me realize this about myself: I find that I cannot make a pledge to a country or government, nor to a religion nor a teaching of any kind. In fact, I find it hard to pledge to anything anymore - But I think I may have come up with one that I can agree with myself upon:

I pledge allegiance to the truth of individual being, and to the knowledge that this TRUTH that I find in me is also true of each and every individual.

This Truth is universal in its scope, and extends throughout the infinite dimensions and densities of consciousness, including and beyond all space, time, and no-time.

The Truth is the Spiritual Reality in which we all exist, and all existence springs forth and expands into manifestation. Individual responsibility is the absolute in which we all can stand united, and become one infinite individual expression of truth and love in this world matrix that we have as our current life expression.

In this unity of life we will find our completeness, our harmony and freedom for all beings—free of the chaos and the duality of this world system.

~PEACE :peace:

HORIZONS
31st May 2010, 20:26
I thought of a pledge I can do - I pledge to get as much sunshine as I can get - so thats where I am off to right now :-)

Kulapops
1st June 2010, 00:06
Nice one.. Greybeard... Gita (rofl) and I've SEEN that cat... so good job ! Horizons.. I'm glad you get it... Illuminate..yep...I agree so what exactly is wrong with playing ??

Nothing.. we've no need to be bashful...or too catholic.

Crikey.. there's a whole heap of life... a huge great dollop-ful doled out to each of us. This is the most important awakening of our time...

Just like the guy who was drowing and prayed...' Lord save me.. !!' when suddenly a fishing boat arrived and asked if he needed help.. 'No...it's OK.. the Lord will save me!'

Another few hours went by... and a helicopter buzzed by and asked 'No..it's ok, I have prayed - the Lord will save me'....

A day went by , and as the man's strength was leaving him, a whale popped up alongside and offered to support him. Meekly.. he struggled ... 'noooo...

it's OK.. the lord is coming to save me...' So the whale left, and A few hours later he was dead.

finally in heaven, he tried to berate the Lord... 'Lord .. I had such faith that you would come.. but you have forsaken me!!'

To which the Lord replied...' Well, I sent a boat, a helicopter and a whale, what more did you blo*dy want???'

So yes... I say.. let's not look too far over the next hill into the future... there is plenty to do today. The future will, by and large take care of itself, if YOU take care of today.

K

Kulapops
2nd June 2010, 09:39
Ok so today it's PAPERWORK...for me...how about you lot ??

K x

Kulapops
3rd June 2010, 11:14
I leave you now for IRONING....

Whoo-hooo !

Anyone got any tips on ironing the awkward bits around the shoulders ???

Yes... we can say with certainty the names of the Hundred races that lived on Mars and Saturn.

But does anyone here know how to iron ??!!

I want to learn !!!

K

Kulapops
31st July 2010, 19:58
Well.. really I have to say how shocked I am that so many of you have been remiss in promising yourselves anything here on this thread. :rolleyes:

** Kula stands with hands on hips ** :jaw:

It's your thread, and I strongly recommend its use for all the little jobs about the house, all the startling works of creativity that will get done if you would just prize those little pinkies off that keyboard for half an hour and make a start.

Still too chicken ?

Well, write a pledge on here... then we can check up on you...

Want me to lead the way ? Sure thing... I've got to get at least two set lists together for guitar and piano this week that I can also go out and convince people they want to hear... Half will be my own material.

I promise to publish the set lists here...

Tis a little thing... but like all little jobs, how come they can take six months to get around to ??

I'm sure it has nothing to do with our delight in reading wonderous bedtime stories for a pastime

Much luck to you all...

Kula..

P.S. Gita.. Snowball surely needs another groom by now...

CuppaJoe
31st July 2010, 21:16
Fabulous thread. I sometimes feel it takes a crowbar and nerves of an equally strong substance to pry my beloved from the nets. HA! the NET!!! Haaaahaaaa... how ironic.

I pledge to finally finish moving my stuff up from the basement to where I actually live - in the apartment above. And maybe stop cleaning the floor with my bare feet and use a mop like a normal person.

A for effort on this one, Pops.

:whoo:

CJ

HORIZONS
1st August 2010, 03:36
I had three opportunities to sin today and I passed two of them up - so I pledge to do better tomorrow. LOL!!! :)

Celine
1st August 2010, 03:44
i pledge to give a flower (for free) to a random person everyday

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=5073320

Wookie
1st August 2010, 04:21
I pledge to bake cookies NOM NOM NOM

Peaceful Journeys. Wookie

rhythm
1st August 2010, 08:51
http://www.cheeseplay.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/mooning.jpgi pledge to show my parts more regularly :dance:yep

im the one in the middle ) :lie:

Kulapops
1st August 2010, 10:01
"i'm the one in the middle.." What... the g-string ??

Celine... a flower everyday ?! Bear in mind chaps, you've got to come good on your pledges... some evidence or at least accounts of your experiences would be great to see here.

I had a friend recently who went into town, bought some roses and started handing them out to people they felt should have them. It makes a world of difference. Would be good to hear tales of your flower giving Celine.

As for the cookies... why not post a photo here wookie ?! Look forward to it.

Keep it up!

K

morguana
1st August 2010, 10:04
pledge to lose kids in the woods and give then a bag of breadcrumbs :) (for amusement)
also to make some bread, go for picnic, climb trees and dance till legs drop off.........

edit to add, nice bum rhythm!

noxon medem
1st August 2010, 10:06
- here it is something about the garden, more later ...

(a garden does not have to be outdoors ..)
- Could also be on a roof or a loft.

Kulapops
1st August 2010, 10:12
Great. Excellent.

Positive, committed action.

That is what the world needs. Ooh.. and heaps and heaps of you know what.

:kiss:

HORIZONS
1st August 2010, 13:32
Hey Kula - I have pledged to play music whenever other musicians are willing to come over and jam (I have set up my :drum:kit in another house I have just for this purpose - a jam house). Well yesterday an old friend came over to play - its been 3 years at least since we played - and it was really fun, even though we are very rusty, and I managed to capture a few songs on vid, so I pledge to edit what we did an post at least one of them on youtube sometime soon - just for the FUN of it. You are never to old to rock-n-roll...:peace: :rockon:

Kulapops
1st August 2010, 19:48
Great Horizons...

I look forward to seeing the edits on this thread...

and a message to you all out there... get your hearts dreams going, big or small... and pledge them here... then show us the results... even if it's just tidying your sock drawer

:0)

K

CuppaJoe
1st August 2010, 22:03
Hey there Rhythm... NICE pic... don't care that it's not you... THANKS for posting anyway...

:nod:

I pledged to bring up my crap from the basement and I did it today! Also pledged to sweep the floor with a tool other than my FEET, which was also done. Does it matter that I happened to be lounging on the couch while my sweetie actually did the sweeping?

Didn't think so.

Wookie
2nd August 2010, 00:12
I'm going to make more cookies, they misteriously vanished before i could document them :)
needless to say they were a hit and made a few peoples day, secret ingredient "LOVE"
http://i978.photobucket.com/albums/ae264/Woodjay/One/P1010033.jpg
http://i978.photobucket.com/albums/ae264/Woodjay/One/P1010034.jpg

xbusymom
2nd August 2010, 01:19
what a great thread!!...

I pledge to work on my "TO DO" list every day... but (LOL) I do that anyway...

I feed the goats 3 times a day... done
gather eggs -done,
weed/water the garden- not done today,
work on clearing construction spaces for barn-storage-and house at the farm property- not done but did re-clear the south driveway,
build animal pens... -built the billy-goat run yesterday

http://www.stoneagescooperative.com/phase1.html
http://www.stoneagescooperative.com/phase2.html

I also ordered prototype heddles for my new loom design (done today)
must get supplies out of storage, set up and make an instructional video for loom (to do tomorrow)...

Hmmm... thats enough for now... (my list is currently about 5 miles long- and always getting longer...) hahaha

*when do I have enough time to post on this board??? LOL- you couldn't keep me away if you paid me-

morguana
2nd August 2010, 09:23
i pledge to always tell the truth no matter how difficult
it is to do and to learn from my mistakes.
without the truth what is the point? there is no point.
i pledge to be a better person from this day forward.............
and to take responcability for my own actions

and to live

dreamchaser
2nd August 2010, 13:00
I pledge to go out into the world and try to make a difference! :peace::grouphug:

Caren
2nd August 2010, 14:23
Hey Wookie,
Those cookies look pretty yummy! Its no wonder they disappeared!! When you make the next batch will you save some for us? :)

rhythm
2nd August 2010, 16:02
i pledge to get out of this mad house asap :der:http://www.tv-intros.com/m/mad%20mad%20house.jpg

rhythm
2nd August 2010, 16:07
i pledge to finaly go to ireland
and drink guinesss till im so, paraletic
that i move into the 9 dimension without even noticing:eyebrows:
http://www.gourmetgirlmagazine.com/09/03/images/photo_lg_ireland.jpg
:amen::loco:

Celine
2nd August 2010, 16:11
oh great pledge..

ireland, scotland and norway... i pledge too!

Kulapops
2nd August 2010, 17:56
Great stuff... what can I say ?! Way to go peeps.... pledge what you can... big or small... any proof you can give of your actions will only encourage others.

Here's my proof... the embryonic set lists.... would you go to see this show ?

You must be mad ! :0)

Guitar – 1st set

Good Times
Gravity – John Mayer
Love on the Run
Play me – Neil Diamond
On Our Way
A Boy Named Sue – Jonny Cash
Going Home
She’s Always a Woman – Billy Joel
Sad Tales
Shilo – Neil Diamond
I’ll be there for you – Rembrandts

Piano - 2nd set

Piano Man – Billy Joel
It’s Just no Good
Blue Eyes – Elton John
Learn to Live
New York State of Mind – Billy Joel
Lady Madonna - Beatles
Smokin Joe
Tiny Dancer – Elton John
Livin is Easy
Still Crazy After all these Years – Paul Simon
Suddenly Sometime
Handbags and Gladrags – Stereophonics
Love on the Rocks – Neil Diamond
How Sweet it is – James Taylor

This list is subject to change... but hey... it's a start...

See? - Kula's Pledge makes the world shine !

:cool:

Kulapops
3rd August 2010, 15:52
Right.. no good... I need some pledge...

I pledge to hoover my bedroom, lounge.. stairs..hall... do the washing up and make some dinner...

See you when it's done... Maestro... Music Please !

K

Kulapops
3rd August 2010, 18:09
Ok.. hoovering... check.. food.. check... !

I take it all back... I love this site - it's so useful!

K

rhythm
3rd August 2010, 18:39
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.designingdavid.com/images/adventureimages/Wake%2520Up.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.designingdavid.com/adventure1.html&usg=__NvmkWMfM5QxmldaXpD_FJ2uCKLI=&h=432&w=436&sz=70&hl=en&start=4&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=iihTbhajqrFkVM:&tbnh=125&tbnw=126&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dwake%2Bup%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26tbs%3Disch:1
i pledge to WAKE YOU UP :boxing:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_727OBkoI4tw/R8hUS05EDnI/AAAAAAAAEAg/L6Mr3VTmimM/s400/Wake+Up+%26+Smell....jpg

Ba-ba-Ra
3rd August 2010, 19:00
My son once said : "My mother was going to join the Procrastination Club, but she didn't get around to it.".........so today I pledge to join the Procrastination Club!!!!!!!. ;)

P.S. Wookie - email me some cookies. Ba-ba-Ra

heyokah
3rd August 2010, 19:31
Waw !!!! Why did'n anybody tell me that a thread like this existed ???:confused:
Why did I see it only today???:doh:

I will have to go my kitchen to look for the pledge to clean out my eyes .
So I'm getting up from behind my PC and stroll towards the cupboard..........

That will be my first Pledge contribution to this thread LOL

rhythm
3rd August 2010, 19:42
i pledge to find a toy boy :baby:http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish/radio/specials/images/1728_uptodate/1152720_toy_boy.jpg
under 25 only need apply contact me on skype deperate old:pd woman

starninja
3rd August 2010, 19:47
http://images.media.nscdn.com/phpThumb.php?src=http://www.cheeseplay.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/mooning.jpg&w=400&h=1000

I pledge to show my parts more regularly yep

im the one in the middle )

Rhythm, I love your spirit!
I pledge that we can swim.......naked. :dance:

Every year I go with a bunch of my female friends to swim naked. What a freedom to take cloths
off and cool our bodies down after an intense hike! :caked:

http://www.artchive.com/artchive/e/eakins/swimming_hole.jpg

morguana
3rd August 2010, 19:50
hehe rhythm, go for it girl......just the one?

i pledge to have super fun camping tomorrow with sprogs and not exchange them for horses

Celine
3rd August 2010, 19:51
http://www.artchive.com/artchive/e/eakins/swimming_hole.jpg[/IMG]

Ok..they dont look like women ;)

great idea...havent done that in eons..

rhythm
3rd August 2010, 19:55
http://smalltalk.honadvblogs.com/files/2009/06/1-1-09newyear2-225x300.jpg
ok girls im ready :hippie:

rhythm
3rd August 2010, 20:06
ok i swop you these two for your sprogs
i got a chimmney needs sweepin:roll:
http://www.dumb.com/m_pictures/22a432b627a5e4f1a2ac5d26683722e5.jpg

HORIZONS
3rd August 2010, 22:15
Hey Kula - I have pledged to play music whenever other musicians are willing to come over and jam (I have set up my :drum:kit in another house I have just for this purpose - a jam house). Well yesterday an old friend came over to play - its been 3 years at least since we played - and it was really fun, even though we are very rusty, and I managed to capture a few songs on vid, so I pledge to edit what we did an post at least one of them on youtube sometime soon - just for the FUN of it. You are never to old to rock-n-roll...:peace: :rockon:

Got-R-Done -

Kulapops
4th August 2010, 00:12
Fantastic... this is shaping up.... my house is hoovered... the washing is done... rhythm has a toy-boy swimming naked to her as we speak.... That horse looks as tired as I feel just now... but tomorrow is a new day... new pledges... new ambitions....

Horizons.. thanks for the vid... great stuff... we want it all here... the big and small... cookies... vids... NAKED BATHING (within forum guidelines of course...)

We so rock....

K

Caren
4th August 2010, 00:41
Hey, wait for me!! I want to go swimming too girls! That's all I did growing up!!!

rhythm
4th August 2010, 08:56
i pledge to take a bop around the living room at least once a day :cheer2:
http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/books-about-rock-n-roll/96-2.jpg
i will never be to old to rock n roll .. :horn:
hey horizon you can bring that drum kit to the uk eny day mate :yo:xxx

rhythm
4th August 2010, 09:05
this one is lining up nice eh!!!!!!!
ah! shame hes 26 ... dam :mmph:
http://famespy.com/wordpress/files/2010/02/noah-runway.jpg
keep em commin tho:p

morguana
4th August 2010, 09:07
rhythm, dancing is the only way i find helps to make housework fun (that and trying to do it with eyes closed or doing things backwards), so rock on dance though the days

i pledge have lots of fun with sprogs and our family camping in the forest over the next few days.
so will have to get my arse into gear soon and pack.
enjoy your days folks
love m

heyokah
4th August 2010, 11:00
rhythm, dancing is the only way i find helps to make housework fun (that and trying to do it with eyes closed or doing things backwards), so rock on dance though the days
love m

...trying to do it with your left hand or foot (when you're right-handed ....he- he ! LOL) . :help:
Good for the balance and good for the ego when that is a little too big...

And...dancing.....lots of dancing of course ( ....on your left leg !! LOL LOL)

Kulapops
4th August 2010, 11:57
Well... what better place for me to find home than a thread full of skinny-dipping, housework dancing hotties...

Beats Aliens on Mars... who gives a stuff? When you've got something in the here and now (unless it's an alien in your bedroom of course).

Action.. this is what we're talking. Committed action no less... not procrastination... or empty promises.... so well done everyone who is actually walking the walk here...

Sometimes we just need that little extra leverage.

Anyway.. just to let you know my stuff is going great guns... been working on a website this morning for my music... will get some business cards printed with those details and then go round some pubs to see if I can generate interest.

feels like productive work though... whee--heee...

Keep up your pledges.. and report back here....

Well done all...

K

Kulapops
4th August 2010, 12:57
Hey... wassup?!

rhythm
4th August 2010, 16:11
hey Coola YOUR the best simply the best
incase you guys dont know thats above is me dear friend and bro
kulla pops .... :hat:

illuminate
4th August 2010, 16:15
EXCELLENT!!!! :love:

Kulapops
4th August 2010, 16:17
No... absolutely not... ! That can't be me.. he's far too handsome....

HORIZONS
4th August 2010, 16:17
Very cool pops :)

Real life - a real people experience I can see and feel.

HORIZONS
4th August 2010, 16:22
Well... what better place for me to find home than a thread full of skinny-dipping, housework dancing hotties...

Beats Aliens on Mars... who gives a stuff? When you've got something in the here and now (unless it's an alien in your bedroom of course).

Action.. this is what we're talking. Committed action no less... not procrastination... or empty promises.... so well done everyone who is actually walking the walk here...

Sometimes we just need that little extra leverage.

Anyway.. just to let you know my stuff is going great guns... been working on a website this morning for my music... will get some business cards printed with those details and then go round some pubs to see if I can generate interest.

feels like productive work though... whee--heee...

Keep up your pledges.. and report back here....

Well done all...

K

You have so inspired me that I posted another one:

rhythm
4th August 2010, 16:24
i love you lot LOADS...................:hug:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_TsYK5f55QvE/Sgg520skwtI/AAAAAAAAAX4/1lixzWuXjRY/s400/i+luv+u.jpg

Caren
4th August 2010, 16:24
Hey there Kulapops,
You play lovely, very nicely done! Thank you.

Kulapops
4th August 2010, 16:28
I love you guys too.... (Rhythm especially :0) ) I totally agree Horizons... real experience... real stuff... glad if you like it.

It is a time for realising dreams, not realising the end...

K

P.S. Horizons... thanks for the 'infinite moment' - in fact I found it a lot shorter than some of the debates that rage on here ;0). Keep up the good stuff !!!

rhythm
4th August 2010, 16:34
know what
http://g.sheetmusicplus.com/Look-Inside/covers/2946787.jpg

morguana
4th August 2010, 21:50
Todays pledge compleated, all pitched, fed, walked, sleeping munchkins :) .....laying on the grass, absorbing the stars and feeling like is good and I love being here. Anyway going to enjoy this feeling so night night
Love
M
(don't you just love modern tech?)

Kulapops
5th August 2010, 15:27
Great stuff Morguana...dontcha just love pledgies ??

Not that we want to turn this into a @kula's musical corner thread@ but this is on topic... as I really want to get my music thang up and going... so posting news of that here will help me to move my butt forwards and not spend too much time worrying about the 'things I can't change'.

Sheesh.. didn't anyone on this forum read that poem ?? lol... God grant me... etc... well... this thread is for all of you who want to take their courage and change the things they can change... even if it's a pile of dirty dishes into a pile of clean ones.

I cleaned the bath this morning. Oh.. and I'm ...learning a new song for the set...

Love yas...

Fredkc
5th August 2010, 17:40
Dear Kula;

Re. you tri-monthly effort to get everyone to leave the forum, and go out amung'em, and rub up against life.

Ok damnit, I finally took your advice.
Two days ago, Wifely Unit and I, Daughter and husband and 4 grand kids did just as you suggested. Off we went to a spot in the local mountains for a brunch picnic, and then off we merrily trudged, buckets in hand for an afternoon of wild blackberry picking.

You should know that I am typing this from a very uncomfortable position atop the porcelain throne, and the only way I will be able to repeat this experiment is to either:
a) stop eating the fresh fruit we brought home, or
b) find a cheap source of very thick diapers.

I also want to let you know that in no way do I blame you (damnit!) or your stupid idea, at all! (Ha!)

Ha!

Hoping this finds you and your family happy and well, I remain (firmly ensconced)
Fred

PS: there is only one way to deal with you LOUD "Ovation types", and yes, I do have the antidote. (http://fredsitelive.com/personal/MyGuitar.jpg) ;)

greybeard
5th August 2010, 17:54
I pledge to keep laughing with Fred and many other friends on this forum.
Kulapops many thanks for this thread.
C

Kulapops
5th August 2010, 19:02
lol... excellent Fred...

So glad my whingeing has not gone completely unnoticed. (you know it makes sense... :0) )

I think I know the chords to this song too...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ELRHD4UCo74&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ELRHD4UCo74&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Kulapops
6th August 2010, 11:02
Right.. so .. where were we? Where's my to-do-list ??

Website up - check !

Planet renamed to 'Bob' - check ! (and several eco disasters averted thanks to a new friendly, more accessible makeover)

Douglas Adams updated - check! [Gosh.. I hope no one is in a hurry to finish that thing.. I generally only ever read a couple of pages a day of anything (apart from Avalon of course.. but as you know, I'm a recovering, 12-step Avalon junkie )].

I could read back through this thread and check up on those of you who have promised things to see if you're still delivering. Celine ? Flowers? Wookie, cookie ?? lol... The Cookie Wookie ??? Someone else who could maybe change their avatar name...

Did you know, I'm also now going by the moniker BNS ? (bedside-night-stand). It's a long story. Don't ask. Well, actually, you can ask. I'm not going to delete your post from this thread ;0).

So.. with all that in order.. I need to get a couple more things done... The kitchen for a start and the fridge needs a clean. Anyone care to help me? Thought not. Looks like Kula is just going to have to save the day all by himself again...

It's tough being a superhero... (Thank you Bedside Night Stand !!)

Actually I feel another thread coming on... if you were a superhero... what would your name be and what would your special power be...???

Dang. I'm just not taking this cataclysmic stuff seriously enough, am I? Well, I'll let you guys worry about that stuff. Save me a spot on your unsinkable boat when the time comes, and I promise to bring my guitar and make you laugh...amidst the gnashing and the wailing of teeth.

Do teeth wail ? Something's not right with that sentence somewhere....

;0)

Love yas... be real good to yourselves.. and pledge me something I can touch, feel or see !!

BNS

Kulapops
6th August 2010, 16:17
Well.. just to let you know...

THE FRIDGE IS CLEAN !!!

...and why is this so important? I hear you cry. Well, think about it. Unlike 95% of the information at Avalon (my statistic...I have no idea what the real figure is...) it is verifiably TRUE !

There... doesn't that give you comfort? Something you actually read today is TRUE !

Think about it....surely real change is only going to come in the world as a result of things that you know have actually been done ! Not supposed, or theorised. Think about this again... today the world is different than it was yesterday. Yes.. today Bob has a clean fridge that definitely wasn't there yesterday.

But just to make this a little more exciting.. since I know how much you enjoy the 'mysterious' too... what I won't reveal, is how long it was since I last cleaned it.

K

HORIZONS
6th August 2010, 16:21
I pledge to write some new lyrics.

Kulapops
6th August 2010, 16:26
Cool ! Let us know when it's done... I'll be dying to know. That's what this thread is all about... pledge it.. get something done ! wheeeee ! I may have a soft cell all to myself, but I just think that is sooo exciting. the possibilities are endless...

I finished the last verse to 'Jolene' yesterday...erm.. not that one ! It's only been about six years waiting for the last verse...so I think now is a good time for lyrics... ;0)

oh... and did I mention ?

MY FRIDGE IS CLEAN !!!!!!

that's got to be the best news I read all day....

;0)

lolol

HORIZONS
6th August 2010, 17:07
I pledge to write some new lyrics.

Well that did not take long! I hope it works for you, as it does for me (I kinda have a tune in mind for it)

PEOPLE

People
Living for themselves
People
Don’t care about no one else
People
Living in a world of apathy
People
Don’t know that they can be free

I live my life searching for the truth
It may take a lifetime
What else am I going to do
Living in the moment
Here in the Now
Finding I can help others
I now hold the secret key

People
Waking from their slumber
People
Are increasing in number
People
Looking beyond the gilded stage
People
Linking up to turn the page

We see the powers that be
They try to keep us blinded
Hoping that we won’t see
The veil is falling
The picture is becoming clear
They are running out of time
We the people are a brand new sphere—a new paradigm

Fredkc
6th August 2010, 17:42
Something you actually read today is TRUE !
Great new movie coming out, starring John hurt, and Elijah Wood called "The Oxford Murders".

In it, J. Hurt plays an Oxford mathematics professor who has taken his work in logic and number theory, and drifted over into the realm of philosophy. Bill Ryan, if you're listening.... ;) (sorry, couldn't resist a jab, here)

The two, student & teacher, pair up to try and solve what amounts to a series of serial killer slayings.
A whodunnit ensues.
The movie opens today.

Anyway... opening monologue, Hurt is quoting Ludwig Wittgenstein's Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tractatus_Logico-Philosophicus) wherein he comes to the conclusion that there is not one independently supportable fact to be had, outside of mathematics.
"Therefore philosophy is dead, because
wherefore we cannot speak, therefore we must remain silent."

So... while I believe you when you say you cleaned the fridge yesterday, how are we to know there is a fridge there, or was one yesterday?
(Almost makes you dizzy, doesn't it?)

wait... I/it gets even worse.
From the movie "Creator"
Two professors at a party, flanneling away and one finally says the ultimate cop-out:
"In fact, how do we objectively know we even exist, at all?"
To which a passing waitress (Muriel Hemingway) quickly responds:
"Well, begin with the assumption you don't, and see how far your thinking takes you."

Note to self:
Tomorrow, either skip the 4 cups of coffee, or the dbl-espresso you washed it down with ;)

Fred

"Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.
Wait 'till I get going!" - Princess Bride

dreamchaser
6th August 2010, 19:02
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91inu4T_PFo

Umm, sorry :s:o

Kulapops
6th August 2010, 20:22
All I have to say to that Fred is....

"Never go up against a Scillian when Death is on the line... ! "
True.. I did think about posting pictures of the inside of my (now clean) fridge...but I thought.. "these Avalonians are pretty good at taking a lot of stuff on trust."

Still if we're really going to start discussing whether you're all a figment of my imagination...erm...I'm not going to get out of bed tomorrow...

Thanks for a wonderful contribution. Going to check that movie out for sure..., though wait a minute... totalfilm said it was 'pants' I'm sure....

http://www.totalfilm.com/reviews/cinema/the-oxford-murders

They tend to reserve 1-star reviews for 'special' films ;0)

K

dreamchaser
6th August 2010, 22:17
heheheheheeeee!!!! :D

Rimbaud
7th August 2010, 00:01
I sat down for the first time in weeks on my own and played Neil Youngs "Heart of Gold" on my brand spanking new Martin D45...I can't believe I'm saying this because I've wanted that guitar for decades..but I'm putting it into tomorrows auction for abused kids in Paris!...they'll have to use a crow bar to get my hands off it and I hope I'll have a photo of my $3,000 pride and joy being surgically removed from me...Oh well..maybe I'll have some money next year and buy a new one...Anyway that's my "Pledge"!

Rimbaud

frank samuel
7th August 2010, 00:36
Kula congratulations on cleaning your fridge, I've been looking at my fridge thinking I either have to paint it, or buy a new one, either one makes a good pledge for me although painting my old fridge is probably a lot cheaper. I am not going to make my pledge too loud in case my wife is listening in which case my pledge goes from an illusion, niece to think about someday want to do , to, "get on with it Frank , paint it or buy me a new one".
Maybe if I sit next to the fridge and just think real hard that is only an illusion a new fridge will suddenly appear.Then again a frying pan upside my head will promptly wake me up from my stupor lazy illusion so I guess I buy the paint and get on with it.:sarcastic::man_in_love:

starninja
7th August 2010, 02:24
THE FRIDGE IS CLEAN !!!

Kula,

I feel jealous! I hate cleaning the fridge. I have read today that housework won't kill you...... but why to take the chance........ I am not going to clean my fridge today! ......... I don't want to drop dead! :laugh:

So, I pledge that we don't have more......... should!

:wub:!

morguana
7th August 2010, 16:21
awwwww kula love the lyrics and you look lovely :kiss: ......suit you sir!
hope you have fun tonight...........

well avalonians, we are back from camping and now its time to bath and get ready for party........so pledge to help her have a super fun time and not to drink too much.
the fridge will wait till tomorrow to be demuddied and all other house work can wait untill house elf is around. *looks out at the garden.....and groans* eeek the grass need cutting.......well it can wait.
love m

starninja
8th August 2010, 03:06
the fridge will wait till tomorrow to be demuddied and all other house work can wait untill house elf is around. *looks out at the garden.....and groans* eeek the grass need cutting.......well it can wait.
love m

Morguana,

Yes.......it can wait. :lol: I already feel better!

http://thelaughbag.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/loldog-funny-pictures-you-got-it-babe.jpg

greybeard
8th August 2010, 06:47
I love this thread it where we get "serious" about enjoying the moment.
This where the "light" ones visit.
Have a great moment by moment may your moanents be nonexistent.
This is a happy place to be thanks Kulapops.
I pledge to come here daily.
Love Chris
ps I love the expression "Creative avoidance"
That means pushing the keys on th keyboard when I should be pushing the mower.
"Short" may the grass grow.
At least it does.
"I can hear the grass grow"
It doesent "Move" me at all.
Clue!!!! music.

HORIZONS
8th August 2010, 13:00
I pledge to be open minded to the possibilities that are before me.

Kulapops
8th August 2010, 17:25
Hi Chris...thanks for your input... yes creative avoidance... something to be avoided...

Back from a wedding yesterday... funny, that one had vows and pledges too... and it was a catholic one and boy did the priest sound serious about it....

Make's all our little pledgies seem a cynch in comparison...

there was a nice reading about love though.. from the corinthians I believe, though how you go about writing letters to an entire people beats me... maybe they had forums in those days too.. wait... course they did they had fora !

Always thought fora was a lovely girl...

anyways.. back to love.. I like the bit where it says about love not being 'puffed up'. Yep, that's what they said. and it's so true. we don't need to take ourselves too seriously in order to be effective, or loving.

I hope this thread will mix the two. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally serious about this thread having an effect and a purpose...but it will be what you or I make of it. Chris.. you already pledged once on this thread... about jamming I seem to remember... feel free to use this thread as often as you like for pledgies big and small.. or those irksome little jobs that you have in the back of your mind but just don't want to get a round to doing.

My garden gate needs painting. Green. So there you go... that's my next pledge. Groan... guess I'll have to do it now... I have to lead by example here for sure....

So what are you guys and gals gonna match me with ??? (this could get like poker... 'I see your garden gate and I'll raise you a car clean...'

Ok.. I should stress that these jobs don't have to be in anyway distasteful.. ideally, we're looking for you to fulfil your hearts desire... so if you want to paint something, write lyrics (thanks Horizons) write a song...ask someone out... or just help an old lady across the road ('but I was go-ing the other waaaay young man.....") put it here...

Enjoy.... and the rest of us will enjoy reading about real news that has a very good chance of actually being true

K

Wookie
8th August 2010, 22:55
Easy enough to pledge something I like doing, baking, here is a tuff one, for me.
http://i978.photobucket.com/albums/ae264/Woodjay/One/P1010026.jpg
I pledge to make my little space clean and organized, to be fair I'm giving myself a week for this one :)

Kulapops
9th August 2010, 08:47
Excellent, Cookie Wookie :0)

Ah.. it's refreshing to know you are all out there busying away... right... camera...I'm going to go photograph my poow wittle gate...

Today it gets done !!!!

morguana
9th August 2010, 10:40
good pledges folks, im going to pledge that i will paint a picture for a friend this week, catch up with cleaning, take kids to a castle. go swimming, cimema (to see cats and dogs :) ) and karate.
today i also pledge to take some flowers to the meditaton group for one of our friends whom has not long to walk this earth.

Kulapops
9th August 2010, 10:53
Nice one Morguana...

P.S. As a tip for those of you who want to link to photo's on your home page... need to use the BB code bit, rather than pasting a link to the page within the image icon as you do for the rest of the web. Guess you knew that... but I've just worked it out for meeself... ooo ''ees a Klever one that Kula...

Kulapops
9th August 2010, 14:09
Ok... tis done... !

and yes... it is starting to drizzle for the first time in about three weeks. Who needs HAARP when I can achieve weather control by opening a tin of paint ???

What an improvement :0) - at least it is now hobbit green.

So come on pledgeroonies... don't be shy...

illuminate
9th August 2010, 15:38
I pledge to LOVE each and every one of YOU! :love:

rhythm
9th August 2010, 15:40
Ok... tis done... !

and yes... it is starting to drizzle for the first time in about three weeks. Who needs HAARP when I can achieve weather control by opening a tin of paint ???

What an improvement :0) - at least it is now hobbit green.

So come on pledgeroonies... don't be shy...

hey you missed a bit :caked:

Kulapops
9th August 2010, 15:44
Hmm.. I did ? Well expect to be handed a brush next time you call...

:0)

rhythm
9th August 2010, 15:50
http://cariaspaintingllc.com/_vector-paint-brush-preview2-by-dragonart.png

Kulapops
9th August 2010, 17:09
...and when I finished... I still had some paint left over !

HORIZONS
9th August 2010, 17:24
I really, really, really need to mow - about 5 acres worth :( Maybe posting this will inspire me like an art project would :)

rhythm
9th August 2010, 17:25
dont yer just love body art(eye eye )capt
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_2-I3ecuczhA/SdtqHYwdWmI/AAAAAAAAAGg/pxHmKNZ3HFs/S660/best-female-body-art.jpg

HORIZONS
9th August 2010, 17:29
Rhythm - that is very beautiful indeed.

rhythm
9th August 2010, 17:37
Rhythm - that is very beautiful indeed.
i pledge to bring beauty everday :becky:
http://isabella-carvalho.last-memories.com/upload/Story/Bellas%20creation1059.gif

rhythm
9th August 2010, 18:03
nice gate
shame about the wall:(
http://geekandpoke.typepad.com/geekandpoke/images/2007/09/28/abitw1.jpg
:rolleyes:

Kulapops
9th August 2010, 18:09
er... funny you should say that , Rhythm..... I was going to do one with all that green paint I had left over... but then she was just too big in the end (that's picture size by the way) and seeing as this is a family thread... I ...well... eye... erm....

but maybe you've seen her ;) ? I think she was headed over to your place before I'd even finished the green face...

K

morguana
9th August 2010, 22:57
love the hobit gate, well done!

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=2053&d=1281391785

hehe one demuddied fridge and because the house elves were so good and cleaned the floors with me, dusted and took all the spiders out one by one.......we will be going to a local castle for some fun and to check out the swords :)
but still have to put a clean washing mountain as high as everest away....ugh
couldnt give friend flowers as shes in hospital atm......so sent her my love during meditation.
helped dad with mums birthday prezzy.......note to self, must find her something beautifull and special (ahha another pleadge)
idea for picture has been formed.......so will make a start on that tomorrow.

rhythm
11th August 2010, 08:03
good stuff goin on here i see ....:clap2:
i pledge to as the the song goes :rockon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC2Q3FdpX6I

Kulapops
11th August 2010, 08:16
Aww... I quite agree Rhythm... Love is all you need... love and pledgies (agreeing to do something about it!)

At this local community I visit, there is a sign on the volunteer's shack that reads...

Work is love made real

and speaking of which...let's take a look at real love in action...something you don't often see in music videos...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_9mUnhe0H9A&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_9mUnhe0H9A&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

rhythm
11th August 2010, 08:18
o well why not :bounce:
in for a penny
and this lady sure feels it :sing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oql4DU8s3D8&feature=related

Kulapops
11th August 2010, 08:29
i can almost feel the earthquakes starting in Iran already...

rhythm
11th August 2010, 08:30
o my two pledgies today :angel:
i be there if you need a friend
but dont all call at once ok :horn:
got stuff to do now ... love yers :lalala:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTLk7zmETTI&feature=fvsr

rhythm
11th August 2010, 08:43
go girl ... im on a roll :der:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW1fXL3s7bk
do listen to this one ...:bowl:

rhythm
11th August 2010, 08:48
awwwwwwwwww lets put it here to why not
i got to get out noe fings to do :wave:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Bmhjf0rKe8

morguana
11th August 2010, 08:48
the other day i promised kids that if the helped me clean we would go to a huge castle.........

we fought the hords with our trusty swords and battle axes.........

was lots of fun!!!!

finished something for my dad, re mums prezzy
and painted this picture for a beautifull being.......its not quite finished yet

todays pledge, to sort out washing/housework, go and see cats and dogs with a friend and sprogs, pop around to folks for my mums birthday (fit in karate somewhere......might not be poss)
and have an old school buddy over for a cuppa this eve. busy busy bees, we be :)

Kulapops
11th August 2010, 10:03
Rhythm ! You gave me the kitty!!! Awwwww :biggrin:

Wow ! What can I say? Kula's Pledge makes the world shine brighter !

http://www.bellbrush.com/images/_2008_FUR001.jpg

Hope you defeated those nasty hordes Morguana! They are not to be trusted :0).

Right another pledge then... more painting... I have this hideous shade of peach in the loo...which I've been meaning to turn white, ever since I painted the walls green... For the longest time I've been trying to convince myself that the peach/green combo works... but the more I look at it, the more I see that the only thing the peach matches is the Andrex toilet rolls...

So.. there's my pledge for today... Whitegloss Man (where's my superhero thread gone????) is going to get to work...

Then some more music practice...

Wookie... how's that cupboard coming along....? Are we due an update yet.... a photy with any progress would be fab ;0)....

Kulapops
11th August 2010, 11:37
Look at all this peachy goodness... I mean, the photo doesn't do it justice really...

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=2083

Right..you bozos...I'm leaving you for a bit... and when I come back... my world will have changed just that little bit for the better.

I'll bring proof, too...

Love yas... don't get square eyes on me now...

K

Kulapops
11th August 2010, 18:17
Whew!

Well it wasn't easy.. I can tell you. Painting the house (inside or out) is not one of my favourite activities. So there were cups of tea... and cups of coffee... odd visits to Avalon...chocolate...good music (Bob helped me with half of it [That's Bob Marley, not the planet, silly :)]) , learning a new song on the guitar... and the laundry... but in the end I've completed my pledge.

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=2085

I want to point out here, that it's not so much the nature of the task that's important, as the significance of doing one.

Because, who knows, on a day like this one year ago... I might only have new information on FEMA camps, planet X, knowledge that the moon is made of polystyrene, and someone's inside prediction on what the second half of next year is going to be all about... to show for my lack of:

'getting on with today, and letting tomorrow take care of itself'

morguana
11th August 2010, 18:24
busy busy kula, whislt we have been chilling to cats and dogs.......very funny btw

however i was under the impression you were doing it in this syle......

http://deitchman.com/mcneillslides/images/ceilingofthesistinechapel.jpg

so i take it today was just the base coat?

Kulapops
11th August 2010, 18:45
ah well, you see, I always have a bit of a problem with painting nudes... I always do the breasts too big...

heyokah
11th August 2010, 19:27
You mean like this ????

http://i36.tinypic.com/2j1sae0.jpg

HORIZONS
11th August 2010, 20:23
I really, really, really need to mow - about 5 acres worth :( Maybe posting this will inspire me like an art project would :)

Mowing got done yesterday - weed-eating today - and started to paint trim and put a finish coat on the doors - been putting that off for a while now.

PS. Be careful not to start any earthquakes - that would be very unsettling ;)

Kulapops
12th August 2010, 00:24
Hey! Horizons... you da Man !!!

Grass cutting done...? Trim painted....??? What's going on here. ? Sounds an awful lot like progress to me....!!

Nice one.

K

rhythm
15th August 2010, 09:39
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii145/AmiHayesRox/DSC08228.jpg

well while coola is havin a break ... and some fun ...
i got to thinkin about relationships ...hmmmm well i spent so much of this life
tying to find the right ONE O yes i did :flock:... and onl y after much serching and
quite a bit of hartacke i realized that the only relationship that realy counts is the one i
have with me .. sorry im sure you know that ... but do we realy understand what it realy! means
well i been contemplating... while i live alone ... getting to know my self intimatley aint always a prity sight :lol:...so i continualy insist on being true to me ... there is so much growth in this ..as soon as i discover my own b-s i have the power to make different choices .. very impowering i tell you ..so many gifts in many guises ..well in danger now of goin off on one ...SO here today
rhythmmm pledges to continue on the quest of self fullfilment ... and you know what ..i can trooly feel it ... the love and happyness joy bliss ...were never eny where else than in me .. waiting my
return to self .. i love this picture ... it says it ALL ....When im done i will be ready to have a relationship with you .............:love::amen:
ps .. all that and keeping an open mind .... havin no belive system left is so freeing ... nearly there open to all possibilities ...I REALY WISH YOU ALL WELL :whoo:

Kulapops
19th August 2010, 09:34
Thanks for that heartful insight Rhythm...

Yes, I totally agree, ultimately, it's about developing a relationship with ourself. If we can't get that one right, how can we expect to develop a relationship with anyone else???

Loony toons :0).

Meanwhile.. there are cupboards that need cleaning... old balsawood planes to fix... gardens to mow... (how's it going on the HORIZONS ??? :0) )....

Not to mention a pictorial update required from the Cookie Wookie.... :0) or at least a photo of another yummy batch of Bickys...

So keep up the good work, and remember : it's all an illusion.. news is what happens to YOU. So let's hear about YOUR news... I'm more likely to believe that stuff...

K x

jaybee
19th August 2010, 13:26
@Rhythm......great post.......:love:

@ Kulapops....hiya....erm...as I'm here...a pledge...what to pledge?????????

To go walking in the rain.

Cue for a song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbYWkegobTU

HORIZONS
19th August 2010, 19:51
Thanks for that heartful insight Rhythm...

Yes, I totally agree, ultimately, it's about developing a relationship with ourself. If we can't get that one right, how can we expect to develop a relationship with anyone else???

Loony toons :0).

Meanwhile.. there are cupboards that need cleaning... old balsawood planes to fix... gardens to mow... (how's it going on the HORIZONS ??? :0) )....

Not to mention a pictorial update required from the Cookie Wookie.... :0) or at least a photo of another yummy batch of Bickys...

So keep up the good work, and remember : it's all an illusion.. news is what happens to YOU. So let's hear about YOUR news... I'm more likely to believe that stuff...

K x

The HORIZONS reports that all the mowing has been done - again - and the new Door has been finished and is now pledged to be hung; and the trim is painted and pledged to be hung, and then the new curtains can be hung - and if I don't get this done I will be hung. :p

noxon medem
19th August 2010, 20:45
jippi.
- inside garden complete, just some small modifications to go.
sorry, but cannot supply pictures ( the camera is on holiday ..)
- the earlyer dark and damp basement is now light and warm,
different plants are growing, and autumn can come.
Also the house itself seems happy with the change.

Kulapops
20th August 2010, 21:05
Kula writes to the strains of ... 'Raindrops keep falling on my head.'....

Well, I've not pledged much lately... but then it's good to see everyone taking up the reigns...

What I can report is my first paying musical engagement in TWENTY YEARS...

(yes, there are times when capital letters are appropriate at Avalon ;0) )

So, all I can say is... real pledges lead to real action... which leads to a whole new world for you and I...

;0)

love yas....

x

jaybee
20th August 2010, 23:26

Well, I've not pledged much lately... but then it's good to see everyone taking up the reigns...

So, all I can say is... real pledges lead to real action... which leads to a whole new world for you and I...

;0)

love yas....

x

Congratulations mate...that's brilliant. Having heard you sing and play guitar.... most beautifully....you absolutely deserve that. I'm chuffed for you. x

HORIZONS
20th August 2010, 23:35

;0)

love yas....

x

So very cool :cool: way to go kula!
I put out a new pledge; My intent is to purchase a home recording studio and start recording music with fellow musicians. A quality home recording studio will be a new venture in life for me, and one that is much needed. :rockon:

If I build it they will come;)

Kulapops
24th August 2010, 12:15
That sounds brilliant, Horizons... can I come and record too when it's all set up ?? :0).

Have got an 8-track myself, need to get my own songs recorded onto that too... that's not today's pledge however...

Last year I grouted the terrace. Sadly it rained after (yes, I know, me, rain, and DIY is a holy trinity...) I've been meaning all Summer to get it redone, but I just can't face it... anyhow... today, I've got a friend coming over... (in about 30mins) and we're going to make a start on it...

Anyone else got anything they ought to be doing today ??? :0)

Love yas...

K

Celine
24th August 2010, 12:25
I have no pictures of this...but let me try and paint it for you.

A large wedding...lots of family from all over canada and the states gather at a church for the ceremony..

My best friend and business partner christina and an employee had set up all the pews with beautiful tulle bows and white Roses.

It was Richards job to go gather the bows (as they are rented) after the ceremony. We sat outside the church and waited for it to empty..Once the limo with the bride and groom left, it wasnt long.

Richard went in alone, to gather the bows and left over roses..

I watched as he came out of the church and he was talking to an elderly woman (he later said she coulndt have been younger then 105!)..Richard has always had a special place in his heart for the elderly and i watch him hand her a rose...i could see her face light up from across the street...

When he got back to the car...he joyfully shared his moment...

"She saw me with the box of flowers and asked me what i had in there...I reached into the box and pulled out a rose for her...she beamed with joy!!...i love this job"

i pledge to randomly give flowers to people so they can be in the presence of beauty and love.

frank samuel
24th August 2010, 13:35
Here's an update on my pledge, as expected my wife told me to buy a new fridge or paint the old one. Last weekend I thoroughly clean the refrigerator inside and out, this coming weekend I will finally painted. What ? You though I was going to buy a new one !!! Hey she did give me an option so I choose option B, shsss . Don't tell my wife, the old fridge will look as good as new, hope I don't messed up the paint job. Oh by the way I also fixed the washing machine and did a little pluming in my mom's house. I need a rest so tomorrow I'll take the young ones to the beach and just catch some rays.

Just in case I messed up the paint job on the fridge, you have not seem me, I'll be hiding behind the sofa.:behindsofa:

rhythm
24th August 2010, 15:54
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB6Gz0laPes

i pledge to take a holliday real soon

and im feelin GOOD :pound:

HORIZONS
24th August 2010, 23:54
Update: The door has been (past tense) finished and hung; the base and trim 'has been' painted and hung; the new curtain 'has been' hung; AND the studio has been ordered :whoo: Be here in a week (oh yea!) :clap2: and I'm doing more than I've done in a long time :boxing: AND KULA: you can come over and record your soon to be platinum CD anytime :)

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/album.php?albumid=134&attachmentid=2192

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/album.php?albumid=134&attachmentid=2191

morguana
30th August 2010, 09:19
Today I pleadge to help celebrate my nephews birthday with my 2 sprogs (12!!!! Omg where does time go?) so off to get him the lord of the rings book, go for pizza and then to cinema to see sorcerers apprentice. Afterwards will have to get kids school cloths (groan)
keep up with the pleadges folks
hope you get your holiday rhythm
love
m

rhythm
30th August 2010, 09:30
well thanks ....
but truth is ( i dont know what it the truth :rolleyes:
me life is one longgggggggg
holiday ...when i got me mind right :dizzy:
but seriousley .holiday comin up tho.....
just havent had the time YET....
love and kindness ;)
http://www.watersidearts.co.uk/holidayinthesun.jpg

rhythm
30th August 2010, 10:26
i pledge to

http://www.quotesarcade.com/graphics/attitude/attitude_quotes_graphics_01.gif

:smokin:

rhythm
30th August 2010, 10:53
http://punxter.com/pics/M/VNCB.jpg

look what i got from me geenhouse :heh:

Kulapops
30th August 2010, 11:01
That's great news Horizons.... you're really getting the hang. Hang... get it ???

:rolleyes:

Morguana.. that sounds good too. Which lord of the Rings' books ? Does it come as a trilogy in one these days ?? Ooh.. technology for you.

I pledge to get my business cards sorted this week.

And what exactly is your pledge with your melons, Rhythm ??? Hmmm ??? :)

I'm not sure you're taking this pledge altogether seriously... ;)

rhythm
30th August 2010, 11:03
ok i pledge to share my melon s:hungry:
http://navarrepresbyterianchurch.org/images/c%20and%20s.jpg

Kulapops
1st September 2010, 19:14
Ok... business website and cards sorted...

Don't cha just love Avalon... it gets things done.

Erm Wookie ? Any chance of a look in that cupboard now ?

...Rhythm needs somewhere to keep her melons out of sight from the general public...

So who's up for a pledgie ??

:)

Peace of Mind
1st September 2010, 19:33
I pledge allegiance, to the flag, of the United Nations of the Universe.
And to the world, for all her beauty, many species, under God
Indivisible, with love, and justice for all…

Peace

Kulapops
2nd September 2010, 00:11
That's very nice Peace of mind... and now what are you going to DO to show this allegiance ?

Any action, however small would be greatly received on this thread...

noxon medem
2nd September 2010, 01:23
yahoo oh
- da green good growing
- in d basement garden :-)
all well
i kveld

some green pictures from googlepictures:
http://www.google.no/images?hl=no&client=firefox-a&hs=LHM&rls=org.mozilla:nb-NO:official&q=green&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1440&bih=761

Kulapops
2nd September 2010, 10:37
lolol noxon !

morguana
2nd September 2010, 11:05
Pleadging to put new inner tube in daughters bike, take both sprogs our for a cycle ride (son has his stabalisers off :) )
altering their school uniforms (yes got that whole yuk shopping thing done)
tidy up the mess we made yesturday with sorting though their clothes, some will go to charity shop, some to pass on to a friend.
And most of all to have fun fun and fun

well done kula on your cards, website etc I have a good feeling about your musical endevour :)
ttfn folks.....got things to do
love
m

Peace of Mind
2nd September 2010, 14:45
Ok, Kulapops....

I pledge to uplift, educate, and learn in everything I do. I also pledge to have my animations, video games, short films and spiritual music (in all genres) ready for the public in a bout a year’s time. Also, I'm working on a few patents…electronics has always interest and blessed me with some very good but simple ideas.

As for now….enjoy one of my cousins/artists tracks from his soon to be release album.…. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE363BNKq2w

With love…

Peace

Kulapops
2nd September 2010, 16:11
Hey Peace... that sounds good...

From what I've learned in my spell in Officeworld.. if you want to achieve something you have to break it down.. into small steps (yep.. my plan for conquering the world starts with an enormous pile of washing up in the kitchen just now...). A year is a long time away... but feel free to post any smaller goals relating to your pathway on this thread. That would be amazing.

Horizon is already well on the way to somewhere... and me too... and Wookie's cupboard... well I'm still awaiting an update ;)

People talk a lot.

I'll say that again. People talk a lot. (and I'm no exception...sheesh.. just take a look at my words around Avalon...!)

Action is what we need... but this needs to be realistic and achievable...

well I once heard the acronym SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and with a timeframe)

This thread is the ideal place for anyone who wants to feel like their life is going to start moving towards somehwere they want to be...

The SMART ones...

Good luck Peace of Mind.... keep us updated here...

K

morguana
2nd September 2010, 16:56
People talk a lot.

I'll say that again. People talk a lot. (and I'm no exception...sheesh.. just take a look at my words around Avalon...!)

yep kula ** posts in the last 7 days!!!!!! thats a lot of talking
(mogs keeps very quiet on her own post count......its slightly less than your tho ;) )

HORIZONS
2nd September 2010, 18:09
Kula, Did you see my two project/pledges I finished ( http://projectavalon.net/forum4/album.php?albumid=134 )? :whoo:

Now I move on to stage two: I am making a full fledged recording studio in my other house and have done some sound proofing and other acoustic work in it this week - I also reconnected the water to the house, cleaned the carpets and scrubbed the restroom down - everything is useable again - all because of this thread!!! :laser:
All the start-up equipment I ordered has come in and everything is now set up. NOW I must pledge to learn how to use this DAW as being a recording engineer and music producer is a new venture for me.
I pledge to produce the most uplifting and positively energetic music that I am capable of - and to share that outcome with anyone that will listen.

This thread has been an inspiration to help get me going again and to start putting new energy into a new direction. Thanks... :peace:

I already have several musicians wanting to work with me on some new projects - I feel like the snowball effect is starting to happen. :)

Kulapops
4th September 2010, 09:52
Well Horizons...what can I say? I'm almost speechless... (well, I said almost folks... :) )

I'm glad this thread has inspired you... you have inspired me too.

Whatever else has, or hasn't happened in the world lately (according to various dodgy sources)...some things that we can be sure of is that your doors are hung... mine are painted... my toilet is painted.. Frank Samuels fridge is in good nick... Morguana's bikes are in top shape.. Peace of Mind is picking up the thread... my music website is up and running (must send you a link btw) business cards are ordered...and your studio is bought paid for and installed...

wtf ??? This sounds an awful lot like progress to me.

If only we'd had the same amount of progress on UFO disclosure, alien contact, reptillian uncoverage (oo-er missus), and the revealing of the diabolical plans of the new world orange in as short a time frame !!

Whoo-hoo indeed.

So come on folks... what do you have to lose... pledge me one hour of your time to go and do something useful about the house.. away from this Git-darned PC.... and come back here and tell us about it... you know.. over time... it all builds up....

;)

Horizons.. that's it.. I'm so inspired I'm going to finish grouting the last third of my balcony..... And you know I really don't want to do that, guys...

Till the next time...

K

HORIZONS
4th September 2010, 12:54
my music website is up and running (must send you a link btw)

Yes, please do! Would like to visit your site.

Side note: While visiting one of my you tube vids one of yours came up as a referral, out of the thousands of possibilities - small world. :) Anyway, I thought that was cool.

HORIZONS
4th September 2010, 12:57
My pledge for today - there are several things that are in need of repair here on the farm :( so as much as this pains me I will get to it today (groan).

Kulapops
4th September 2010, 18:56
Well.. the balcony's finished...

It was a dirty job, but somebody had to do it. I'd asked Lenny the lizard, but he said he was busy waxing his tail...

Right.. Wookie... how's that cupboard coming along ?!

morguana
4th September 2010, 19:22
at least you wont be finding bits of grout all around your house
good job kula and well done avalonians for keeping up with pledges :wub:

thoughts become things........so keep those brain cells working, and the body doing

pledge for tomorrow, have awsome fun on zip wires, swings and slides with kids (why else do we have these little beings if its not to have super fun playing)
do lots of sewing and make sure all is ready for monday morn when they go back to school (sons first day).......so a busy day getting all straight
m

HORIZONS
4th September 2010, 22:10
OK - finished fixing things that needed to be fixed, AND I mowed everything without pledging it - a preemptive strike kinda thing - LOL :bounce:

noxon medem
6th September 2010, 11:02
- pledge to go fishing tomorrow, and this time will bring picture (s)
( and to allways try to find, and live, in my own trusted truth and personal passion-
space, - whenever possible .... )

rhythm
12th September 2010, 08:45
http://www.happynews.com/living/livingimages/fun-sand-castle.jpghttp://www.wightabout.co.uk/wp-content/holiday-300x264.jpg
hey koola hoola plops holiday booked :peace:
just need a bucket n spade:becky:

rhythm
12th September 2010, 09:34
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgMe5GyTIh0
after me holls if i can talk me friend jan into it gonna do this :hug:
no not doin it on my own tho so dont suggest it it ok :peep:
have a great sunday peeps :whoo:

rhythm
12th September 2010, 12:01
http://www.eventprophire.com/_images/products/large/20080514160527_seaside_bucket_spade_prop.jpg
got this rather large one :eek:
so i is already to pack me bags :laugh:
tho me finks i could get it all in that bucket
good thinkin batman :laugh:
bring yer some shells back :cool:

morguana
15th September 2010, 19:05
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgMe5GyTIh0
after me holls if i can talk me friend jan into it gonna do this :hug:
no not doin it on my own tho so dont suggest it it ok :peep:
have a great sunday peeps :whoo:

go for it rhythm :)

during a meditation/ritual at avebury i symbolicaly threw away something that i was not wanting to be a part of my life anymore.......i pledged to stop smoking when my son started school, well on the monday i stoped, havent had a roll up since sunday eve.......today i pledge in front of my fellow avalonians to continue with this. doing it cold turkey and so far so good......just remembering to breath when my thoughts stay to wanting a cig. so far have not resorted to mulungu tea (tastes yuk!) or nicotine replacement, have had instead more chamomile tea and meditation time (four rounds of four fold breathing). i have the backing and understanding of my children, they have been really super and thoughtfull, my love to them :wub:

m

Celine
15th September 2010, 19:07
go for it rhythm :)

during a meditation/ritual at avebury i symbolicaly threw away something that i was not wanting to be a part of my life anymore.......i pledged to stop smoking when my son started school, well on the monday i stoped, havent had a roll up since sunday eve.......today i pledge in front of my fellow avalonians to continue with this. doing it cold turkey and so far so good......just remembering to breath when my thoughts stay to wanting a cig. so far have not resorted to mulungu tea (tastes yuk!) or nicotine replacement, have had instead more chamomile tea and meditation time (four rounds of four fold breathing). i have the backing and understanding of my children, they have been really super and thoughtfull, my love to them :wub:

m

YAY morg!!!!

Have you noticed food tasting different/better yet?

rhythm
15th September 2010, 19:21
I stoped smoking 6 years ago .... i was a heavy smoker the roll up kind ...it does take about 2 weeks cold turkey :eek:
now the idea of smoking is revolting to me ... and you become aware of the smell of the smoke on others to ..
and the smell on there breath ... wish you well , all ican say is it will be worth it ,and all that spare cash to go
on some fun times with yer sprogs eh !!!keep at it :whoo:rhythmmmm ...btw i found the chewing gun with nicotene
in it a big help for the first 2 weeks ....stick with it you be so chuffed with yerself;)
http://images.fastcompany.com/upload/23ciggy_400x300.jpg

noxon medem
16th September 2010, 14:15
- pledge to go fishing tomorrow, and this time will bring picture (s)
( and to allways try to find, and live, in my own trusted truth and personal passion-
space, - whenever possible .... )

Beautiful trip to the sea, images from going fishing, here:

2288 ..'.. 2289

Real and good experience, and dinner for a couple o' days

2290 ..'.. 2291
click any image to view

Caren
16th September 2010, 15:25
Hi Noxon, that looks so peaceful!

morguana
17th September 2010, 08:10
Noxon, what tranquil waters.....stunning, hope your catch tasted yum

celine, yes have been noticing taste more, the boggy was also smell, 2 days into no smoking and I was very aware of the smell of cigs from someone walking a 100 yards in front of me, yuk!
Thx rhythm for your kind words

day 5 and all is going well :)

love
m

Kulapops
22nd September 2010, 14:06
Hey.. Well done Morguana and Rhythm... that's brilliant news !!!

Real change in the world. I love it. Can't argue with those facts, can we ???

I'm pledging to try and finish repairing my window today in time for winter... have been a bit slack at it... but the fillers all done... just need to sand it down and find a tin of primer... because the rainy season won't be far behind.

Then I need to tackle the gardens (Yes.. Gardens! Front and back... it's getting bad peeps... I'm not too worried about 150 mile ships heading this way when I see my house about to be taken over like the castle in sleeping beauty...)

K

xbusymom
22nd September 2010, 14:42
Hey,
congrats to all the other new-non-smokers (I am a new one too)

it was kind of forced upon me... I was stuck in military base-housing (for about 3 weeks) with no way to get back on base if I ever went out to get cigarettes...

I still have the cravings sometimes... but my new pledge is STAY a non-smoker!

Kulapops
22nd September 2010, 15:25
Nice one Xbusy Mom ....

Well the window is done and as ever ..
the first specks of rain...
(me and DIY... we control the weather...)

Hey a poem !

Keep pledging !

xbusymom
24th September 2010, 12:23
ok, keep pledging...

hmmm.. what's next... ??

since I have nothing pressing on the calendar this weekend, I pledge to finish the layout on my self-help booklet and get it uploaded to the website (and sent off to the 5 people that have ordered it)!

morguana
27th September 2010, 11:03
Hey,
congrats to all the other new-non-smokers (I am a new one too)

it was kind of forced upon me... I was stuck in military base-housing (for about 3 weeks) with no way to get back on base if I ever went out to get cigarettes...

I still have the cravings sometimes... but my new pledge is STAY a non-smoker!

exellent xbusymom, we can do this together, :hug: good luck and just think clean lungs......

get cracking kula, those pesky snails are haveing a field day in your garden, they think you have put a delish spread out just for them
m

Kulapops
27th September 2010, 11:25
Lol.. yes.... just checking Avalon... no idea why... my garden needs me ! Five parsnips in particular are calling out 'Save me! Save me!' 'I'm being eaten alive'.

Never mind worrying about alien invasions.. there is real terror going on in 18 square metres of land outside my back door....

Thanks for the reminder Morguana...

K

Caren
27th September 2010, 12:09
Hi there Kula,
All three of us at our house plus a very kind brother in law, have sore muscles from dragging, pulling, and lifting chunks of cut up tree trunks and limbs..loading them into our truck to be carried away. We had lost
a number of large Maples - blown over by a hurricane (Hurricane Earl) we experienced a few weeks back. It was a lot of work, very physically intensive but we were able to get most of it done over the weekend. When my husband and brother in law tried to cut down one very large Maple damaged by the high winds of the nasty storm, it didn't quite clear the corner of our garage roof and managed to take part of the corner
with it (unfortunately)....hence another job for next weekend! I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the thread, I think it is a great one. :)

Kulapops
27th September 2010, 14:51
Hi Caren,

Nice to hear of your contribution. It always warms my heart to think of someone doing something away from the computer... especially if I've found my way back to the keyboard...

It's great to hear that this thread has spurred you into action. I hope too that you will also pledge things you haven't done here.. then update us as they get done (like the garage roof).

As a tip.. particularly anything you are really struggling to make yourself do... that way you'll be so chuffed when you've finally done it.

Me, I've just finished repairing my bedroom window.. but I need to pledge some more ... there's always plenty I don't want to do.

and the joy is that it's all completely factual. Course... people are welcome to write tall tales of derring do.. but proof may be required !

Thanks again... the interenet is so 'Head' based... we all need a little 'body-task' for the real world...

K

Celine
27th September 2010, 14:59
I pledge to visit my local market more often..

A place I love to go with my best friend atleast once a month...we spend the whole day..

She knows so much about all the local growers, where to get the best and freshest of everything ..

Jean Talon market in Montreal has been a focal point for many "foodies' for almost a century now. Located near "little Italy" it has some of the best food with the most variety , this city has to offer.

As well it offers ambience with music..

My friend shared this today...a spontaneous Opera show, in the market, done by members of the Montreal Opera...

We missed it! ..but like my friend said.. thank goodness for youtube!

B13k7U-WyK0

Kulapops
27th September 2010, 15:08
How did you get on with the flower giving Celine ? Any updates ??

Good luck with your visit to market.

Still waiting for a picture of Wookie's cupboard... it must be tidy by now..... ;)

Celine
27th September 2010, 15:11
I have not had my hands on flowers for a few weeks now as the shop is about to re open in a new location...

The original pledge was made before i realized the old location was going to close so quickly.

But..

I pledge to re start that action, as soon as the doors open..

The love shared, in that moment, when you offer a flower to someone, is so..special.. i feel so blessed to be with flowers..

i miss them.

Caren
27th September 2010, 15:35
Wow! That left me speechless!!! Truly amazing and wonderful! I especially loved how the crowd joined in and sang along! And to see all those spontaneous smiles...on faces young and old..simply heart warming.. :)
Montreal is an awesome place for sure Celine. Thanks!

rhythm
27th September 2010, 15:37
wooky time to come out mate :gossip:
http://www.unmodernmom.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/secondcupboardafter.jpg
watch out for OCD.........:bowl:

Celine
27th September 2010, 15:41
Wow! That left me speechless!!! Truly amazing and wonderful! I especially loved how the crowd joined in and sang along! And to see all those spontaneous smiles...on faces young and old..simply heart warming.. :)
Montreal is an awesome place for sure Celine. Thanks!

It sure is..

Maybe you should pledge to come back to montreal caren? ;)

I have been to NS so often, I have lost count.

My family is from the Annapolis valley, we call NS, "down home".

Favrorite place in the world is Peggy's cove, though I am not alone in that assessment im sure..

rhythm
27th September 2010, 15:53
http://iamkele.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/426px-Keep-calm-and-carry-on.svg_.png
i
o! yes i will !!!! i pledge to;)
at least this thread makes some kinda sence:yu:

Caren
27th September 2010, 16:35
Hi Celine,
I had no idea you were from N.S. The 'valley' is a beautiful place, dear to my heart. (My dream is to have a small farm one day, a few animals.. flower and vegetable gardens)...and Kula..as per your great thread - I am working on it!! (saving my pennies etc..) :)
Peggy's cove is a special place for sure Celine, my husbands family lives out that way. I must say again that I will never forget that "spontaneous Opera" I loved it! Thanks so much for that vid.
Cheers

xbusymom
27th September 2010, 17:33
The Self-POWER eWorkshop is completed and ready for downloading...

whew! I goofed off all day saturday- thinking this was going to be a snap, but it did take almost 2 whole days to get the booklet layout finished...

But I did it!! woo-hoo!

finished and uploaded to the website... tho i am not real happy with the readability within the PDF but it should print out well enough, (and yeah I will definately do another rework on it - hopefully I can fix the conversion program soon - that way i wont have to mess with doing it the hard way again.

Kulapops
28th September 2010, 18:06
Great.. thanks Xbusymom for posting your real successes in the Real world.

I'm chuffed (English expression for glad :) ) that so many have got something out of the thread. I'm tempted to go back along and create a table of all the actual things (note I used the word 'actual' there, not pretend, or imminent, or prophesised) people have achieved since the thread begun.

This is where I'm at. Having spent far too much time in the virtual land of 'impending doom' (No one's fault but my own - HEy ! we all take a healthy interest in global issues worth worrying about) I've noticed that I'm actually 'over it'. I'm far more concerned these days about how overgrown my garden is than I am about UFO disclosure.

This sadly means I'm in the wrong place. I care about how we are living or wasting this precious gift of life. What do you think this thread was about...? Me ???

This thread is the only one for me that actually has a foot in the real world. It's about achievement. It's about changing the world, make that 'your' world. Everything pledged and done, however small marks an actual real change about something you can DO something about.

I don't care what that is. I only care that it's significant to YOU. If you want to pledge to read Mr Icke's new book from cover to cover, then go ahead. I might even have to pledge that myself, because it's been sitting on the sofa more than I have :).

But after a long hard look at my last two years or so.. I've learned that forums won't do your washing up for you. Neither will they make you into a concert cellist. Neither will they make you an expert on Ufology or a host of other topics, because the information seems to be circular. It doesn't actually progress anywhere. Cliff is still predicting impending doom, (hope your unsinkable boat's finished by now btw Cliff) and a whole bunch of other (for want of better word, crazies) are still making a living out of telling people what their life will look like six months or a year from now.

My only promise to you is that your world will change through action in your own life.

This thread won't be here forever... and nor will I. Eventually I will kick my addiction. The telly's gone.. so it can't be that hard.

Peace n love to you all

K

rhythm
28th September 2010, 18:24
i pledge to spend much less time typin ;)
and find some kind of chartiy work ...
well there is plenty of yada yada
and not much charity ...
dont think i be missed ...:drama:
http://theshallowvegan.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/charitylrg.jpg

morguana
28th September 2010, 18:59
well folks i would like to have pledged my list to do today, but didnt bother and just went and did, so today i visited a couple of friends, did some house work for one (shes unwell atm) i have another long time school buddy coming over tonight.....so a very social and lovely day. this week i will be in my childrens school elping out with their classmates reading :), have my mums dogs over for a couple of mornings, my sisters dogs for an afternoon, and my childrens friends around after school as well as karate this week........so i pledge to be doing and busy for others as well as myself. the no smoking is going well and i have cut right back on my morning cafine intake........next thing on my list is to try to find some payed work for a charity org such as amnisty international (who incidently i have been helping their online campaines for about 10 years now) :cool:

also i pleadge to go and cut some wood to whittle and sell if i can (make wands and staffs)

oooops friend arrived ttfn
m x

Celine
28th September 2010, 20:02

I'm chuffed (English expression for glad :) ) that so many have got something out of the thread. I'm tempted to go back along and create a table of all the actual things (note I used the word 'actual' there, not pretend, or imminent, or prophesised) people have achieved since the thread begun.

This is where I'm at. Having spent far too much time in the virtual land of 'impending doom' (No one's fault but my own - HEy ! we all take a healthy interest in global issues worth worrying about) I've noticed that I'm actually 'over it'. I'm far more concerned these days about how overgrown my garden is than I am about UFO disclosure.

This sadly means I'm in the wrong place. I care about how we are living or wasting this precious gift of life. What do you think this thread was about...? Me ???

This thread is the only one for me that actually has a foot in the real world. It's about achievement. It's about changing the world, make that 'your' world. Everything pledged and done, however small marks an actual real change about something you can DO something about.

I don't care what that is. I only care that it's significant to YOU. If you want to pledge to read Mr Icke's new book from cover to cover, then go ahead. I might even have to pledge that myself, because it's been sitting on the sofa more than I have :).

But after a long hard look at my last two years or so.. I've learned that forums won't do your washing up for you. Neither will they make you into a concert cellist. Neither will they make you an expert on Ufology or a host of other topics, because the information seems to be circular. It doesn't actually progress anywhere. Cliff is still predicting impending doom, (hope your unsinkable boat's finished by now btw Cliff) and a whole bunch of other (for want of better word, crazies) are still making a living out of telling people what their life will look like six months or a year from now.

My only promise to you is that your world will change through action in your own life.

This thread won't be here forever... and nor will I. Eventually I will kick my addiction. The telly's gone.. so it can't be that hard.

Peace n love to you all

K

I think if I named all the things I accomplish in the day, it would tire people out.

Every day I pledge to myself little things, that will "care for my tired soul or body"

Ever day I pledge to my family to care for them in any way I can

Every day I pledge to my planet to thread gently on the soil beneath my feet

Every day I pledge to all living beings to love and honor theire essence

xbusymom
28th September 2010, 21:14

thanks for explaining - I thought 'chuffed' meant being mad... and a super-huge thanks for starting this thread

i first thought it was to do something - anything- do get the word out to people about the condition of the world, but then...

as I set about to do my little part to wake people up and stir them to actions that will help fix this world...

I began to realize that MY real-world activities to wake people up won't have any effect (on the people that prefer to stay asleep), and that my joining in with the crowd and buying into the fear agenda package only serves to solidify that 'reality'.

and when I began to soul-search the whys and wherefores of the kind of REALITY I wanted to help create- I started deciding which actions (*and the motives behind the choices) got priority on my ToDo list

Peace n love to you all

K

and now I coming to the conclusion that we all have been choosing our own reality all along- by our choices/priorities of our daily tasks, where we direct our mind and thoughts, etc.... except that we here on Avalon are just more aware of that than most people

Kulapops
28th September 2010, 22:43
and now I coming to the conclusion that we all have been choosing our own reality all along- by our choices/priorities of our daily tasks, where we direct our mind and thoughts, etc.... except that we here on Avalon are just more aware of that than most people

Wonderful! You've nailed it in one paragraph :)

Coming full circle, I really even started to doubt what aware even means anyhow. Aware according to who's point of reference? I can be aware of breath in my lungs, and of sunshine reflecting off the trees in my garden. But a lot of the stuff you get to read is of dubious integrity. However well meaning it may be.

Let's say there really was no such thing as a FEMA camp (there may be, but bear with me here). So what is the real world contribution of making all your friends and everyone you meet aware they are a real and dangerous threat... waking them up let's say.... only to find forty years later.. that no one ever gets put in one? You'll get talked about at parties.. and then you'll stop receiving invitations too ;)

Story is everything. That's what I've learned at Avalon. And much of what we read in the sensational threads is a pinch of fact and a whole gallon of story.

So I'm just coming at it from another angle. Time is short. Our life is valuable. While everyone else gets on with the task of proving UFOs are real ( I mean.. if you beleive they are, why do we need proof? Seems silly to me. If they exist, one day, one might cross your path) I yearn to get on with something that, when I look back on it will show that I have something to show for my time.

All these stories to me smacks of the human psyche wanting to control the uncontrollable and know the unknowable. It can be distressing , make you fearful , not to mention suspicious and paranoid.. and if you let it get to you too much... well...

Well... this thread is the perfect antedote. Too much thinking , not enough doing. We can easily restore your balance here by having more doing...

I'm going to get out into the garden tomorrow and cut some bushes back. (now that as a thread title wouldn't generate many hits, you reckon ???)

As far as story content goes, that title sucks... but as for well being... I will feel so much better when that's done...

Love to you all. Keep the pledges coming.

K

rhythm
30th September 2010, 19:02
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3yinryKz0s&feature=player_embedded
mudra sent me this kulla hope its apprpriate for here here:bathbaby:

Caren
30th September 2010, 19:32
Simply "Beautiful!!" Rhythm..Thank You.. :)

Kulapops
30th September 2010, 22:12
Is it appropriate ???!!! Is the pope a catholic illimuninati popadom ?

Really beautiful Rhythm, I'm really glad that you are posting it here. There's plenty to choose pledge wise in that seven minute film !

Some of us may want to start of with slightly simpler stuff though, like the 'sock-drawer tidy up' ....

K x

Kulapops
16th November 2010, 15:24
Well.. after a slight break from this.. I'm reposting to let you know that I got out and tackled the grouting on my balcony today. In spite of an oncoming cold. There are times when the warrior in me really does take over ;)

Sheesh, those balcony repairs follow me around like bad karma. I'm sure I've posted about it earlier on this thread, so I won't bore you with the details. Suffice to say, there is a time for reading about government ops and the latest quake and there is a time for action.

Sooner or later in life you have to face the thing you don't want to.

Life is patient, it will wait. But how much time do we have ?

Fredkc
16th November 2010, 16:08
"The oxen are slow, but the earth is patient."
Or in your case, the grouting.

Wb Kula
Fred

xbusymom
17th November 2010, 07:22
well, I have always been busy at something, and my pledge list looks just like my todo list... but the one thing I find hard to do is get off this computer. So much of my life is wrapped up in it (over 3 websites to manage and update, I now have a blog to maintain and add to, and added a linkedin account for my business ocntacts, create presentations for my training workshops, redo biz cards, check 6 email accounts- and now I just signed up to take 3 online classes next semester to get certified as quickly as possible).

I am still a non-smoker - hurrah! - (sometimes it IS tough), but now I cant get into my white jeans anymore...

so I am going to pledge to 1) drink more water for detoxing and 2) start a walking exercise program

wish me luck!

Kulapops
17th November 2010, 11:07
Nice one Xbusymom ! Sounds like you are busy after all :)

I have a top tip for any one wanting to lose weight.... cut out dairy for a month. It will fall off. (The weight that is)

I find oat milk a great substitue for whole milk (though I drink both now... whole milk for coffee and caps... yum!) and you can get by without cheese. Butter you can leave in if you like, especially for cooking and such.

But really, the daily toll of milk in drinks and on cereal, and solid fat which is cheese will eventually burden anyone's waistline. (though obviously vegetarians can rely quite heavily on cheese to make up calories, so watch out if you are).

For the record I have to mention that last night it rained the heaviest in about two months. That is the heaviest it has rained since, ooh, the last time I grouted the blasted balcony !!!!! I don't know what the universe is saying to me, but I'm guessing it's a long the lines of.. "It's the journey that's important (the process of grouting) and not the destination (leak free balcony)"

Until I learn to love grouting it seems, it's going to keep on raining !

Kulapops
13th January 2011, 14:08
UP from the depths... 30 stories high.... feet on the ground ... head in the sky.....

No , it's not Godzilla..... but the return of the Pledge thread.

Yes, your favourite furniture polish is back... and back for this alone.

Here's your challenge: You want a better world ? You want to do something about the 'controllers' ? The rulers of the world ???

Do something for a complete stranger today. Or even not so complete... but reach out. and report back.

Go buy a dozen doughnuts and give one each to your neighbours. Go buy a big issue seller a coffee....

Use your imagination. Can you take one hour of your time please, that you would be spending at Avalove ... and instead go and use that one hour to help another human being ? Cut your neighbours lawn.... do your husbands washing up ;) I don't mind, I don't care, but please .. DO something today.

If it helps, pledge it here then come back and let us know what you got up to...Don't tell me what a great idea this is.. I know ! Just do something ;)

And if today was your last, and all the spaceships turn up tonight... won't you be so pleased you did ?

K

Kulapops
18th January 2011, 19:25
Ooh.. goody ! Such a lot of responses :)

I guess you've all been so busy doing things, you haven't had time to come here and write up what you got up to!

Just so you know I was true to my word... I travelled that day into town, with an apple. My mission,.... to find a home for it.

Someone could benefit from an act of human kindness, surely ?

But these things are rarely as simple as you think. Could hardly give it to kids , could I ? They might think I was some weird poisoner.. or worse. So I duly took it to the big issue guy I sometimes see, but it was his day off, and his replacement assured me, ' I'd probably lose my teeth if I bit into that'....

In the end I took it down to the sea, and left it on the step there, a cold day, and a gift to any cold creatures about. As I walked away, I noticed a guy standing outside a portacabin, who was not there when I walked past. As I continued on my way, I could feel his eyes burning into the back of my head.

Seeing my careful action the almost religious symbokic placing of an apple at the very edge of the beach as the sun went down, he must have thought,

'What a weirdo'

So , you see, don't worry what other people think. The most important fact is that the world was altered irrevocably by my action.

I leave you with some one even more fluid with words than I, Justin Currie of Del Amitri fame. A little caustic this one, but I think some of you will like it.

Bye for now. Please feel free to post your life chaning actions here, big and small.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4b_dBMfBf0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVmtie4JlPQ&feature=related

p.s i have no idea why it's in two parts... cant find any non live one parter...sorry

K

Kulapops
19th January 2011, 09:54
Some lyrics for the hard of listening...

'tracking down the fools who are bull**** hungry' , eh ?

Be careful Avalovians ;)

Big Macs for the fat, lo-cal wraps for the call centre battery hens,
Japanese snacks for the choice-spoilt citizens, caviar kickbacks for the citadel denizens.

Airport shoeshines servicing the suits among the little silver stereos and hand-rolled cheroots,
First class passengers file on last after the scum are packed in with their tax-free loot.

Checkout calamity, you're cheated out of loyalty points, ten more years at this joint you'd be home & dry,
Beggars beat round the cash machines but you just slip between them with the usual lie.

Terrible tales of kidnapped kids keep you focused on the family and filling up the fridge,
Neighbourhood watchers shop dole dodgers, stick their semis on the market & start racking up the bids.

Should you stand and fight, should you die for what you think is right
So your useless contribution will be remembered?
If you're asking me I say no, surrender.

Constant growth the cancerous cure, a swarming race of profiteers ensure
Cheap cars for the rich, cheap lives for the poor, cheap weeks in the sun, free drinks at the door.

Puerile propaganda plugs up the TV, keep folk following the money so they'll never be free
Keep them swallowing the swill, the celebrities, the paedophiles, the immigrants invading from the
camp over the hill.

War talk, the big debate, footsoldiers in the capitol liberating new kinds of hate
Cum-shots of human dots caught in the spotlight's glare; he dies who dares.

Fatuous fast-trackers sneering at the shelf-stackers, little Middle-Englanders can't stand the backpackers,
Fortress Freedom, come on in, take your chances-you might win.

Should you stand and fight, should you die for what you think is right
Find More lyrics at www.sweetslyrics.com
So your useless contribution will be remembered?
If you're asking me I say no, surrender.

Sunset beaches security patrolled, keep out the undesirables who don't accept the code
Equal opportunity to live in total poverty, execute the ignorant incarcerate the slow

Car caressing managers choking up the avenues, brain dead patriots standing in salute
Paperwork raining again and again so that billionaires can claim there's an enemy to shoot

Pill pushers, doorsteppers, personal goal shoppers, lifestyle trendsetters, meditating mindbenders,
Hare-brained share sellers pumping out stocks til you're choking on a chain-letter avalanche of dross.

God squads crawling through every country tracking down fools who are bull**** hungry
Blinded by divinity followers fall into the man-traps set along the Wailing Wall.

Athletes compete in grand charades while tanks flatten streets and a nation laughs,
Visa holders gape at the changing guards while creeps bribe bums to take their photographs.

Film fans flock to the latest schlock, blockbusters block out even the vaguest thought
Bankrupt schools grind out fool after fool then feed them to a system where idiots rule.

Polling booths, phone votes, bogus questionnaires, you get a say as if anybody cares
Joe Public doesn't want to play so liquidate his life as he looks the other way.

Don't get sick, don't get wise or they'll gut you with a *justice* where everything is lies
March down Main Street, complain if you want but it's twenty years straight for the losers at the front.

If you're asking me I say no, surrender

Kulapops
27th January 2011, 18:47
Well, with a 'lull' in the proceedings, what an opportune time to repeat the message that YOU can be the one to change your life and your life around you.

Even if it's just the washing up...

Personally I think it's great to dream your dreams here, and pledge your commitment to work towards them.

I wonder if forums are actually some kind of seldf-help therapy... we actually write and profess to each other, what we'd really like to be doing ourselves, (but actually haven't got around to it).

I should know, I have medals several medals on the shelf, awarded for procrastination.

But hey ! You guys don't have to be like me :) Maybe you could make a difference to YOUR life if not to anyone else's (but of course I hope you will look to improve the lives of all who cross your path, even if it's just a smile).

So.. if you have a bit of spare time in your busy forum schedule atm, why not think about something you'd like to dedicate an hour or two of your time too, and post it here.

Blessings,

K

Celine
27th January 2011, 18:48
i pledge to be the best flower i can be.

great thread kula

5thElement
27th January 2011, 18:54
Well, with a 'lull' in the proceedings, what an opportune time to repeat the message that YOU can be the one to change your life and your life around you.

Even if it's just the washing up...

Personally I think it's great to dream your dreams here, and pledge your commitment to work towards them.

I wonder if forums are actually some kind of seldf-help therapy... we actually write and profess to each other, what we'd really like to be doing ourselves, (but actually haven't got around to it).

I should know, I have medals several medals on the shelf, awarded for procrastination.

But hey ! You guys don't have to be like me :) Maybe you could make a difference to YOUR life if not to anyone else's (but of course I hope you will look to improve the lives of all who cross your path, even if it's just a smile).

So.. if you have a bit of spare time in your busy forum schedule atm, why not think about something you'd like to dedicate an hour or two of your time too, and post it here.

Blessings,

K

Kula my friend! I am learning to play the piano this year (always wanted to - never got around to it:p) I have my "Beatles for Beginning Piano Players book with over 100 songs just waiting for my fingers to be ready! Who cares if I'm only 1/3 of the way through the "Easy Piano Songs for Children's Book" - after all it is only January:nod:

5th