PDA

View Full Version : The Kiss of Death to threads

Tony
26th July 2011, 12:55
To whom it may concern.

This is meant politely. I'm sorry to say this, that there are people who do not read the titles of threads then make assumptions and project their personal agenda which has nothing to do with the title of the thread. If you wish clarification of the original theme then do ask.
I write on spiritual matters and also write on material matters. Well actually I ask questions on material matters, just to see how others view the situation.

I am not angry at all, for those that assume. Sometime one puts a theme forward to see the response and then hopefully investigate together. but what keeps happening is that the 'God Ascending' people arrive like Jehovah witnesses on the doorstep and it's the kiss of death and the thread then goes all over the place.

There is nothing wrong with 'God Ascending' but do keep it to the right thread.

You seem to have a good heart, but this is happening too often. Is it deliberate or unconscious? You know who you are. please try to control your enthusiasm, it's sounding fanatical.

You are free to ignore.

Love light and all the usual stuff,
Tony

The One
26th July 2011, 13:02
Tony

Thats better xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tony
26th July 2011, 14:00
And another thing, do you know there is a site that calls Avalonians 'Woowoos', in an affectionate and concerned way!
(Because of their gullibility.)

Flash
26th July 2011, 14:17
And another thing, do you know there is a site that calls Avalonians 'Woowoos', in an affectionate and concerned way!

adress please, I want a good laugh!

Tony
26th July 2011, 14:21

www.bautforum.com enjoy!!!

The One
26th July 2011, 14:23
Etymology

It has been suggested that "woo woo" is intended to imitate the eerie background music of sci-fi/horror films and television shows, however the exact origin is uncertain.

I think Avalonians 'Woowoos' is your personal opinion sorry mate but i wont be jumping ship xxxxx

Everyone is on here for something different.You are never going to please everyone

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Marsila
26th July 2011, 14:28
this happens because most people want to say something about their own "truths" rather than listen to something very different, and try to reply onto that!
another reminder of what is meant by the reminder, of "We have two ears and one mouth for a reason"...or something on the lines of that...

StateOfTheHeart
26th July 2011, 14:30
:violin: :bounce:

that there are people who do not read the titles of threads
Lol... How do you not read a thread title before posting in that thread? You literally have to click the thread title to enter the thread - I would've thought it'd be the first thing people read and pretty rare that people don't read thread titles before posting.

But otherwise I agree with what you're saying...

...there are people who...make assumptions and project their personal agenda which has nothing to do with the title of the thread...the 'God Ascending' people arrive like Jehovah witnesses on the doorstep and it's the kiss of death and the thread then goes all over the place.
Yeah, I've encountered that; but I figure that's just the internet and the beauty of an open forum. There's always the 'report post' button - I think that's the best you're going to get in effort to curb irrelevant posts. Or is there an ignore-user function on this message board (for repeat 'offenders')?

Tony
Careful there, you're starting to sound like one of those God Ascendists! :mullet:

Tony
26th July 2011, 14:33
Etymology

It has been suggested that "woo woo" is intended to imitate the eerie background music of sci-fi/horror films and television shows, however the exact origin is uncertain.

I think Avalonians 'Woowoos' is your personal opinion sorry mate but i wont be jumping ship xxxxx

Everyone is on here for something different.You are never going to please everyone

Dear One,
No one is saying jump ship. Woowoo is their word, not mine.
I hear it's an endearment.

....background noise....hmm...

Fred Steeves
26th July 2011, 14:40
I've been called a lot worse than a WooWoo, lol.

Cheers,
Fred

Tarka the Duck
26th July 2011, 14:44

Pardon me for being pedantic, but haven't you succeeded in doing exactly what your OP is complaining about?

I think you have managed to hijack your own thread...;)

Kathie

The One
26th July 2011, 14:46
Etymology

Dear One,

Dear Tony i

Nobody's asked me to jump ship i am just saying i wont if i upset someone.

Love and peace to you my friend i feel you are annoyed at the moment.

Tall,small,thick,clever,fat,thin we are all the same we all make mistakes some of us beleive they are better than others.I am no better than anyone else on here and vice versa.We are all One

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tony
26th July 2011, 14:46

Pardon me for being pedantic, but haven't you succeeded in doing exactly what your OP is complaining about?

I think you have managed to hijack your own thread...;)

Kathie

I am the Queen of all I survey, my kingdom goes a long long way..... I occasionally get a brain hiccup!!

StateOfTheHeart
26th July 2011, 14:50
:offtopic: (but not)

Haha, I had a quick look at their index:

The subheading to the sub-forum "Conspiracy Theories":

"Is NASA hiding something? (no) Are there aliens on Mars? (no) Are there rogue planets that will kill us all? (no) Disagree? Post here!"
WooWooooooo :bolt:

jackovesk
26th July 2011, 14:58
Can someone Enlighten me on what is God Ascension is?

I asked God himself, but he said all of it was BS!

However...

God does believe in one's own Spiritual Journey within, he even told me its one of the most important things one can attain whilst in Human Form.

God then went onto relate Spirituality as a Goal to reaching One's own Oneness with the Universe, this journey he said...is as individual as the Human Being seeking it!

God then finished his summation with a joke: "It won't Happen Overnight, But it Will Happen!"

He's a funny Old Bloke, my mate God..!

Borden
26th July 2011, 15:02
I come here ... who dares call me a Woowoo???

I will send reptilians to wave Nibiru at them, cheekily - from the sixth dimension - and call them bananas. How dare they?

Anyone would think we were not taken seriously!

Borden

StateOfTheHeart
26th July 2011, 15:02
Kiss of Death:pound:

I think you hit the nail on the head there, The One. Piney mate, don't get too caught up on the little things - if you're having trouble with the ol' ascension process feel free to PM me (I got 596 on my consciousness calibration). :sarcastic:

TWINCANS
26th July 2011, 15:03
Can someone Enlighten me on what is God Ascension is?

I asked God himself, but he said all of it was BS!

However...

God does believe in one's own Spiritual Journey within, he even told me its one of the most important things one can attain whilst in Human Form.

God then went onto relate Spirituality as a Goal to reaching One's own Oneness with the Universe, this journey he said...is as individual as the Human Being seeking it!

God then finished his summation with a joke: "It won't Happen Overnight, But it Will Happen!"

He's a funny Old Bloke, my mate God..!

Well said Jack. I would only :brushteeth:add:
And she's a funny Old Gal, my pal Goddess...!:girl_wink:

Tony
26th July 2011, 15:14
Kiss of Death:pound:

I think you hit the nail on the head there, The One. Piney mate, don't get too caught up on the little things - if you're having trouble with the ol' ascension process feel free to PM me (I got 596 on my consciousness calibration). :sarcastic:

NO, no no no ....! I am not caught up, or annoyed at all. It's just about keeping a thread clear, if possible. AND not about making assumptions!
596? Is that good? Personally the quick I get to zero the better.

The One
26th July 2011, 15:19
NO, no no no

I feel your frustration my friend

Take care xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Herbert
26th July 2011, 15:20
Could you please clarify the original theme of this thread, Pin? You brought up Jehovah Witnesses. Does that allow me to tell this story?

I was quickly cutting 2 acres of hay in the orchard. The gate was open so my wife was standing in the opening with a broom to keep the very large bull from getting out onto the lawn. A car comes up the driveway and a woman in a tight skirt and loose high-heeled sandals got out. Next thing I see is a woman in a tight skirt awkwardly running the other way. I could not help but think "so NOW I know what makes a woman in a tight skirt run!" It isn't long before she is approaching my wife again. And then, you guessed it, back she goes running the other way!.

It took all of 10 minutes to cut the hay but I can't wait to find out from my wife what happened. My wife said: She came up to me and asked what I was doing. I said "That's a bull and I'm trying to keep him from getting out!"

She said: "Oh you're so brave. But what will you do if you can't stop him?"

By now the bull is kicking his heels up and heading straight for the novel appearing person.

My wife said he's supposed to remain where he is if I can stop him with this broom! The woman said what are you going to do if you can't stop him? My wife said: "Run Like you." She got the message and ran but then, incrdibly, she came back! when my wife stopped him. Of course it was her novelty that was attracting him so back he comes on the keen jump - bucking up his heels and doing hand-stands all the way. For the 3rd time she ran calling back: "I'll just leave the literature in your door".

StateOfTheHeart
26th July 2011, 15:26
NO, no no no

I feel your frustration my friend

Take care xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Me too. :grouphug:

And yeah, 596 is pretty damn good. I've transcended Love and Joy and I'm on my way to Peace! :rockon:

Hollar!

Personally the quick I get to zero the better.

:laugh:

TWINCANS
26th July 2011, 15:31

Familiar site design. Guess 'Immitation is the sincerest form of flattery' :spy: Thanks for the heads up Pie.:spy:

PurpleLama
26th July 2011, 19:46

<8>
26th July 2011, 21:58
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REvmhBO99I4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REvmhBO99I4

Sorry my dear friend, i had a robinson day..:P

Daft Ada
26th July 2011, 22:08
I don't really know what you people are talking about, but I see what you are saying in the first post. On every forum I go on. For some strange reason there is a breed of people who have their beliefs, who self appoint themselves as belief police and use various means, devious or otherwise to force their beliefs on others. Never ever questioning their own beliefs or considering that they may be wrong. I think they feel that forcing others proves that they really believe what they believe and they are being your saviour because only they could be right.
Hmmm, the trouble is that a lot of you respond to it and so it gets blown out of proportion. Do you know the best way to deal with those sort of people? Just say nothing, don't give them a platform to bang their drum, totally ignore them and they will wander off to find someone else to force their views on.

KosmicKat
27th July 2011, 00:25
"WooWoos"? huh?

Well, what else can you call somebody who peeked behind the curtain and saw ... their own behind peeking behind the curtain?

Carmen
27th July 2011, 00:30
Pie (may I call you Pie, I like PiesLOL) no need to have a hissy fit over your thread. Its just the nature of humans to go off on their own tangents. You just have to gently bring them back to your topic of your thread.

Carmody
27th July 2011, 04:27
Truth being individual makes it kind of a pain in the ass, when it comes to sharing. "Follow the Gourd! No! Follow the Shoe!" (Life of Brian)

Such is, er... life. :p

DeDukshyn
27th July 2011, 05:17
Etymology

Dear One,

I used to be concerned with what I thought others might think of me, hehe. Then I realized that is the problem. ;)

Humble Janitor
27th July 2011, 06:25

I was once gullible too but no more.

They should not pass judgment onto others though.

Tony
27th July 2011, 09:58
I am the most gullible person there is. I believe everyone, then have to work out whether what they are saying is true.
Of course people are going to pass judgement, it is the way of things. All I'm saying is try to keep on track, as I get
easily diverted. On other sites the moderators are hot on people keeping to the point. It might sharpen us all up.
There are many people I would like to hear from who do not write much, but maybe do not write for a reason....

Love light and the usual stuff again.

The One
27th July 2011, 10:25

And love to you Tony on this wonderful day.If we all just remember No one person can ever change the truth, but the truth, once learned, can and will change the person

You must be the change you wish to see in the world when you are through changing, you are through

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Daft Ada
27th July 2011, 10:33
I am the most gullible person there is. I believe everyone, then have to work out whether what they are saying is true.
Of course people are going to pass judgement, it is the way of things. All I'm saying is try to keep on track, as I get
easily diverted. On other sites the moderators are hot on people keeping to the point. It might sharpen us all up.
There are many people I would like to hear from who do not write much, but maybe do not write for a reason....

Love light and the usual stuff again. Absolutely spot on mate, and it's the reason I say little and just read mostly, there are certain people on this forum who have abysmal manners and little respect and jump down your throat with an aggresive attitude if they don't like or agree with what one says. I don't want to leave the forum because I like and respect Bill and his opinions, so I just watch and listen and occasionally speak up when I see injustice.

The One
27th July 2011, 10:52
aggresive attitude if they don't like or agree with what one says

I am sorry i have to disagree my friend.

I understand what pie is trying to say i really do but there is no one being aggressive on this thread, just a difference of opinion, I always say healthy debate is good

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Daft Ada
27th July 2011, 11:36
Morning mate, No one has said anyone has been aggressive in this thread? where did I say that? I clearly said on the forum, the forum in general and other threads I have seen, not this thread.

The One
27th July 2011, 11:39
Morning mate, No one has said anyone has been aggressive in this thread? where did I say that? I clearly said on the forum, the forum in general and other threads I have seen, not this thread.

My mistake my friend

GOOSE FR BA

Daft Ada
27th July 2011, 11:49
No problem at all, errrrrr what on earth does GOOSE FR BA mean?

Fred Steeves
27th July 2011, 11:49
And yeah, 596 is pretty damn good. I've transcended Love and Joy and I'm on my way to Peace! :rockon:

Hi StateOfTheHeart, this is just my humble opinion, and nothing else. Don't get too wrapped up in these reading numbers we're being given. Granted it's new here and it's interesting, but think about what it means to begin to define yourself by a number assigned to you by someone you have never even met.

Cheers,
Fred

Sorry Tony, not trying to hijack the hijack thread, I just thought that was kind of important.:)

The One
27th July 2011, 11:59
No problem at all, errrrrr what on earth does GOOSE FR BA mean?

Lol

Is just a fun thing i have had going on the forum for sometime.whenever you are feeling stressed or down just take a deep breath and say GOOSE FRA BA 3 times,

GOOSE FRA BA GOOSE FRA BA GOOSE FRA BA.Now dont you feel much better

A phrase from one of adam sandlers films :cool:

Jayke
27th July 2011, 12:10

Agression is a matter of perception wouldn't you say...Don't think I've seen too many people threatening to kill each other or getting into personally abusive debates anywhere on this forum...compared to most forums this ones actually pretty harmonious from what I can tell

Don't forget that aggressiveness though is usually based on feeling defensive, if we choose to look beyond the aggressive aspect into the defensive aspect then we can communicate with people from a place of compassion rather than letting our flight or fight responses takeover.

Daft Ada
27th July 2011, 12:17
Oh ok :cool: I just looked it up on google and got "Goosfraba is word that Inuit use to calm down their children"

Daft Ada
27th July 2011, 12:24
Word Origin & History

aggression

1610s, "unprovoked attack," from verb aggress "to approach, to start an argument" (1570s), from Fr. aggresser , from L.L. aggressare , freq. of L. aggredi (pp. aggressus ) "to approach, attack," from ad- "to" + gradi (pp. gressus ) "to step," from gradus "a step" (see grade). Psychological sense of "hostile or destructive behavior" first recorded 1912 in A.A. Brill's translation of Freud.

Tony
27th July 2011, 12:28
Word Origin & History

aggression

1610s, "unprovoked attack," from verb aggress "to approach, to start an argument" (1570s), from Fr. aggresser , from L.L. aggressare , freq. of L. aggredi (pp. aggressus ) "to approach, attack," from ad- "to" + gradi (pp. gressus ) "to step," from gradus "a step" (see grade). Psychological sense of "hostile or destructive behavior" first recorded 1912 in A.A. Brill's translation of Freud.

Dear Daft Ada,
You are doing spiffingly good job!!

Martin
27th July 2011, 12:34
Well, pie'n'eal, don't take it to hard. You do open up quite a few threads and so it becomes more likely to feel what you discribed, but isn't that natural? Most threads from you that I read shown me your good and truely positive "confused looking" way of thinking, but that does comes with the territory (of the topics at hand) so to speak. I do enjoy it, but yes it does open up the threads for seemingly "aimless wanderings" and I guess you as the thread-opener should "light the way" if you feel that it is needed.

Opening a thread such as this one probably won't help, but maybe you just wanted to vent some frustration and gladly you will find here quite a few people who are willing to help you with that. :)

Just try not to get too attached to your own threads. Humble opinions all around. Even if a few people do not see that just as clear as they should or could.

Martin

The One
27th July 2011, 12:40
lol

Fscuv4PIjws

Daft Ada
27th July 2011, 12:48
hi mate, I'm not out to win an argument or score points, it's not in my nature and against my views on good behavior, But I am an Englishman and I know my English.

The One
27th July 2011, 12:52
This is the last posting i am writing on this thread but remeber Laughter is the best medicine

Imagining what is possible.Seeing the outer edge of all that we can become and then chasing that dream.it's the right of every human being. No matter what the challenge or obstacle, we all deserve the chance to try

This thread is becoming a troll disrupting normal on-topic discussion

Daft Ada
27th July 2011, 12:58
Nice sentiment One, I would just be grateful if everyone could live together in peace and harmony. Just think what a wonderful world this could be if the people cared for each other, it could be heaven on earth, with no wars no one starving, no one suffering, but greed, selfishness and evil money rule, we create our own hell and we are all living in it.

GK76
27th July 2011, 13:30
Strange thread, wonder what it all means? ;)

I kinda like the way this forum chugs along in its own style. We have all sorts of people, cultures and beliefs coming together to have their say. We won't all agree, we won't all understand the original message... some may even, as you say, try to derail. This is why when posting a thread you should see it through and keep it on track. Perhaps the thread creator should have the ability to slap-down a derailer? Perhaps even hide posts that are off topic (assuming that is possible).

That is assuming they intend to derail... They may come with a different perception of the subject detailed in the Op's post. It doesn't mean they intend harm, but it's their way for understanding the new paradigm they face which may be alien to their understanding... even with good intentions they may not be able to grasp the concept shared, and that life's little conditioning programmes have taken their toll. Yes, many need a good hard slap to bring their attitudes down to a useful level... I can't see that happening.

As for the unnecessary post of how other forums see/refer to us... a bit pointless don't you think? It tells me far more about our character assassin than it ever says about us. Who in their right mind would condemn a whole forum based merely on the postings of a few members? A forum like theirs seems a rather odd platform to start a popularity war, what else could anyone hope to achieve with a public attack of another forum? Truth be told, I hadn't heard of them before you pointed them out, and no that's not an attack on them. Their opinion is something I could have happily lived without knowing. :)

On a lighter note... I liked your thread title. :)

Billy
27th July 2011, 14:22
please try to control your enthusiasm, it's sounding fanatical.

Tony

:rolleyes:

PurpleLama
27th July 2011, 14:48
I suppose sometimes seemingly impossible to cope with situations can promote seemingly impossible solutions, all of which is viewed by any given one's currently held view point or understanding. I concur that the crux of the issue lies in the intent behind the derailing post, whether to intentionally disrupt the thread. Everybody veers off topic every now and then; it's the conversational quality, IMO. It's a natural thing and light years different from summarily deriding topics that happen to be outside of what one agrees with.

Mad Hatter
27th July 2011, 15:02
G'day Pie'n'eal,

I do appreciate what you are attempting to point out and might further amplify it with the following observations...

Although I am guilty on occassion of maybe being a little too 3D with some of my prodding when you have posted on the spiritual forum it is simply my way of attempting to gently tease out guidance on how you have managed to arrive at a particular viewpoint so that I might expand my own perception. If my input is unwelcome FFS just tell me to pull my head in!! (publically or privately)

After a bad day I could probably get myself banned quick smart by simply shoving on the cynics cap and carving my way through the entire forum but that would be foolish to say the least. Yes there are some posters whose characters / style it has taken me a while to adjust to but that has been beneficial for my own learning.

It is said (can't remember who) that what irks you about someoone else is actually a fault you need to address in yourself. Splinters...Logs...eyes.... yada yada.

I therefore have actually come to really appreciate that type of input from those types of thinkers if they have followed the thread subject matter and inject that type of perspective in a genuinely contextual manner.

Having said that... someone who suddenly starts blathering on about something entirely of topic does tend to get a little tedious... but it usually sorted out by some of Avalons sharper wits.

Remember laughter really is the best medicine and quite often a superior method of conveying what can sometimes be unpalatable truths.

cheers

PS Time to sack your secretary, yet another thread without a number. Ohhh the shame of it!!! :p

Tony
27th July 2011, 15:18
G'day Pie'n'eal,

I do appreciate what you are attempting to point out and might further amplify it with the following observations...

Although I am guilty on occassion of maybe being a little too 3D with some of my prodding when you have posted on the spiritual forum it is simply my way of attempting to gently tease out guidance on how you have managed to arrive at a particular viewpoint so that I might expand my own perception. If my input is unwelcome FFS just tell me to pull my head in!! (publically or privately)

After a bad day I could probably get myself banned quick smart by simply shoving on the cynics cap and carving my way through the entire forum but that would be foolish to say the least. Yes there are some posters whose characters / style it has taken me a while to adjust to but that has been beneficial for my own learning.

It is said (can't remember who) that what irks you about someoone else is actually a fault you need to address in yourself. Splinters...Logs...eyes.... yada yada.

I therefore have actually come to really appreciate that type of input from those types of thinkers if they have followed the thread subject matter and inject that type of perspective in a genuinely contextual manner.

Having said that... someone who suddenly starts blathering on about something entirely of topic does tend to get a little tedious... but it usually sorted out by some of Avalons sharper wits.

Remember laughter really is the best medicine and quite often a superior method of conveying what can sometimes be unpalatable truths.

cheers

PS Time to sack your secretary, yet another thread without a number. Ohhh the shame of it!!! :p

I never ever have a problem with what you say, you are the best.
This video will explain everything!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvtkSdtbQig&feature=related

Tony
27th July 2011, 18:23
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvtkS...eature=related

This video will truly explain why we should stick to the point.

GK76
27th July 2011, 20:38
Ah the old 'link to a video with annoying repetition of the word "tartlets" only to repeat the link, albeit a broken link, to try and distract from the Op's topic' ploy! I'm not falling for that one. :D

Ernie Nemeth
27th July 2011, 21:16
Tony,

The charge I feel must connect us in some fashion. Not sure what to add. I have been waiting for you to carry on the convo in one of your threads. I am waiting to hear more of your interests and share your considerable knowledge. Come on pie'n'eal, you said you had a secret to share...

You said there was a certain person and they knew who they were, that is disrupting the threads. That's a pretty good little trick right there, wouldn't you say? Letting the finger point itself...

I do empathise though. It's not fun to have your thread, your baby, derailed. But then again, as some have suggested, it does reflect on the failure to detach oneself from expectation. Its a hard lesson I cope with a lot.

Anyways, lets fire up our pinecones and set the world aflame with new possibilities! Together, as a family.

DeDukshyn
28th July 2011, 00:17

Seriously Tony the solution is simple - stop believing in things. Believe nothing yet give consideration to everything. This keeps you safe ;-)
I recall several threads here where mods tried hard to keep things to the point. They were tarred and feathered for being too heavy handed by many members. But I think you recall ;-)

Flash
28th July 2011, 00:37
The kiss of death

The black widow spider produces a protein venom that affects the victim's nervous system. This neurotoxic protein is one of the most potent venoms secreted by an animal. Some people are slightly affected by the venom, but others may have a severe response......in the temperate regions, the only spiders to be feared are the black widow and the brown recluse.

The name is derived from the mistaken belief that the female invariably kills the male after mating

What an idea:sick:

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/739539_f520.jpg

Everytime someone is going in the direction of kiss of death to thread, we could send them this picture

Tony
29th July 2011, 08:50
It is time to kiss, the kiss of death good bye...for a while. It's done its job and thank you all for participating, and hopefully the message has filtered out into the forum.
All of your comments were valid.

It was just a request to respect other's space, in the light of politeness. This modern world seems to advocate “I can do and say whatever I please” in quite an aggressive manner. It is not necessary here. I feel it is important to reply to someone's responses and questions. Ignoring someone is a personal choice.

There is always the possibilities that adversaries can become friends. In this world this is just as likely to happen as friends becoming enemies.
Because of infinite reincarnation everyone has been my mother...likewise they have also eaten me and my children, and I have eaten theirs.

Complicated isn't it? That is why compassion IS the only answer.

Thank you for your humility,
Tony