PDA

View Full Version : Why am I wasting my breath??

Carolin
1st August 2011, 06:18
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I'm so frustrated!!! I had asked my family to buy me canned goods or other provisions for my birthday. I thought this would accomplish a number of things.

1) To understand how serious I was about being prepared
2) To get a variety of supplies....no two people would shop identically
3) To fill my parent's cold room since their house could be where we would all go
4) To provide for them, their children, grandchildren, great grandchildren

Well there wasn't a can of beans in sight. Sounds funny but it was so hurtful that all the conversations I had had with them, especially with my parents, were dismissed. Of course there were other family dynamics involved, we'll just say that it didn't end well. There was lots of crying and swearing on my part. I'm sure my reaction won't help get my point across but obviously it's a lost cause anyway.

Just sign me :tape:

pharoah21
1st August 2011, 06:27
You can't force others to understand, just as you weren't forced to come to your current understanding.

Let people come to their own realisations, once they do, they'll come running to you for advice, maybe with a trolley full of cans as well.

etheric underground
1st August 2011, 07:13
Im in agreeance with you pharoah21... We hit our head hard against the stubborness of our family
and friends and co workers in the hope that they wil have the Aaahhh moment like us.
We cannot force feed them for to do so goes against free will.
We can guide, relay information and lead by example....but the rest is up to them.

pharoah21
1st August 2011, 07:38
I became a vegetarian a few months ago, and one day when catching up with an old friend at a restaraunt, I knew he would see that I didn't order chicken as per usual. He's quite a big, strong guy, who likes to poke fun at others, so I knew I was in for something.

So I told him how I became a vegetarian, why, and why he should to. I did not do this forcefully, infact, I expected he would laugh at me, call me weak and all the other stuff I hear these days.

But because I did things genuinely, with no fear about wether or not he would change his ways, only feeling good about my personal changes, well, now he's a vegetarian too lol.

Fear based actions will always fail :)

<8>
1st August 2011, 07:54
Hi Carolin...

It is sooo frustrating sometimes. I swear that we have the hardest jobs beeing on this earth and knowing what we know. "Ignorance is bliss" well sometimes it can be i guess.

I just think like this: What is the worst that can happend to my loved ones. There bodies die and they move on from this earth. ..........Not to bad, they go home.....:)

DNA
1st August 2011, 08:04
I became a vegetarian a few months ago, and one day when catching up with an old friend at a restaraunt, I knew he would see that I didn't order chicken as per usual. He's quite a big, strong guy, who likes to poke fun at others, so I knew I was in for something.

So I told him how I became a vegetarian, why, and why he should to. I did not do this forcefully, infact, I expected he would laugh at me, call me weak and all the other stuff I hear these days.

But because I did things genuinely, with no fear about wether or not he would change his ways, only feeling good about my personal changes, well, now he's a vegetarian too lol.

Just a little advice Pharoah,,,I'm not vegetarian, but since I"m attempting to exclude harmfull chemicals and gmo's from my diet I have inadverdently turned into one. I have found the easiest least expensive way to do so, is to eat primarily mixed grains and vegetables.
The mixed grains is the key here. I eat very little wheat and rice, instead I rely primarily on quinoa, amaranth, barley, spelt grain and some brown rice for taste. Quinoa and amaranth are of particular significance, they are an ancient grain, no gmo work has been done on them that I'm aware of , and quinoa is known for having lysine, a difficult to get amino acid for vegetarians.

Carolin I just have to say, worry about yourself and depend on others as little as possible.

pharoah21
1st August 2011, 08:09

Just a little advice Pharoah,,,I'm not vegetarian, but since I"m attempting to exclude harmfull chemicals and gmo's from my diet I have inadverdently turned into one. I have found the easiest least expensive way to do so, is to eat primarily mixed grains and vegetables.
The mixed grains is the key here. I eat very little wheat and rice, instead I rely primarily on quinoa, amaranth, barley, spelt grain and some brown rice for taste. Quinoa and amaranth are of particular significance, they are an ancient grain, no gmo work has been done on them that I'm aware of , and quinoa is known for having lysine, a difficult to get amino acid for vegetarians.

Carolin I just have to say, worry about yourself and depend on others as little as possible.

Thanks for that DNA, I'll definitely do some research in to that.

Blessings

ascendingstarseed
1st August 2011, 08:22
You have to be the change and live by example, you can talk till your blue in the face but until people have their own awakening we only come across like wackodoodles. That was a great first step in showing that you're serious, surely it got at least one or two people thinking and that's how the awakening begins.

So just be patient...when we first learn about everything that's unfolding we want everyone else to know too, just focus on living your life connected to Source and take the steps you need to take to feel prepared. In the end there really is nothing to fear, but death...and death is only a transition into the next life.

Everyone is on their own path, some will awaken and some won't...although when it's our loved ones it's hard to resist the urge to want to shake them into awakening to bring them along. But, maybe they are meant to stay behind...and maybe nothing will happen at all. We just don't know, so live in the moment and set an example for everyone else to live by. In the end that's really all we can do...

Teakai
1st August 2011, 08:40
Ah, Carolin. I think pretty much everyone here understands where you're coming from.

I remember one year I had my heart set on this bike.....

Yah, just joking about the bike thing, but not about the getting people to hear where you're coming from thing. I don't have any answers. None of my family give it any attention and they don't want to know. This is just crazy stuff that doesn't happen in 'real life'.

I had a conversation with hubby about it the other day and I thought maybe he was 'getting it', but turns out he totally wasn't.

Teakai
1st August 2011, 08:45
Hi Carolin...

It is sooo frustrating sometimes. I swear that we have the hardest jobs beeing on this earth and knowing what we know. "Ignorance is bliss" well sometimes it can be i guess.

I just think like this: What is the worst that can happend to my loved ones. There bodies die and they move on from this earth. ..........Not to bad, they go home.....:)

Hi <8>, I was thinking about this saying only this morning - it should go "Ignorance is bliss for the ignorant, but hell for the rest of us."
I know - it needs tuning, but I think that's probably more to the point :)

The Truth Is In There
2nd August 2011, 07:30
don't worry, the nutritional value of canned food is close to zero anyway. it just fills your stomach but that's about it. people who are going to eat only canned food in the aftertime will soon get sick. it's better to get books that tell you which plants you can eat that grow naturally where you live. especially those that grow anywhere and even when conditions are far from ideal. apart from that, rather store basmati rice and legumes instead of canned stuff, they're a lot healthier.

Tane Mahuta
2nd August 2011, 07:39
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I'm so frustrated!!! I had asked my family to buy me canned goods or other provisions for my birthday. I thought this would accomplish a number of things.

3) To fill my parent's cold room since their house could be where we would all go

Well there wasn't a can of beans in sight. Sounds funny but it was so hurtful that all the conversations I had had with them, especially with my parents, were dismissed. Of course there were other family dynamics involved, we'll just say that it didn't end well. There was lots of crying and swearing on my part. I'm sure my reaction won't help get my point across but obviously it's a lost cause anyway.

Carolin, unfortunately, freinds & family are not always on your level of thinking.

I say, just do what you need to do!! & a breath is never wasted!!

TM

Maia Gabrial
3rd August 2011, 01:25
I know how you feel, Carolin. Believe it or not, I asked for underwear one year. They laughed and thought it was a joke. It wasn't. I really needed underwear!

Ernie Nemeth
3rd August 2011, 01:51
It is frustrating, Caroline. But don't worry, spirit moves in wonderful, mysterious ways. I still resist the inevitability of the will of spirit yet it always gives me what I need, when I need it - whether I like it or not...

I find it almost always turns out to be about me, something I did not see before or some new idea that cascades into my awareness with multiple changes in viewpoint to incoroporate.

I guess the good thing to know is that we/you are not alone here at Avalon. That others appreciate your efforts and understand you depth of caring and compassion.

Never give up!

Peace

Hervé
3rd August 2011, 01:53

[...]

That's the trouble with people living in different universes... each their own and thinking that others must have the same universe... time lines... etc.

My bet is that psychopaths discovered this and are having a ball with it as about 85% of the population is unable to conceive that such deceit and evilness could exist in an individual who, from all apparencies, looks like themselves and therefore must think alike.

Reality gaps -- abysses -- which are in dire need of being bridged. How to do that is as varied as there are individuals... as one needs to start from their reality/universe.

That should help in separating the loons from the ducks, I think... but I may be wrong... until all the geese can fly to more appropriate climates.

Lifebringer
3rd August 2011, 02:08
Spouse half listening and mad because I'm more focused. demanding more time and sulking. He'll be sulking even more if there's no water or news of where to try and prepare. The last video took me for a loop. Tony Blair lied about the codes from Fatima. I always got bits and pieces and last heard the cousin was in a monestary, but to hold her prisoner until her death. Shocking and vicious.

Carolin
3rd August 2011, 02:22
Thanks everybody for your kind words. Teakai I'm sorry you didn't get your bike and Maia sorry about your underwear. :drama:

I told my parents that they didn't have to believe but they have to understand that I believe. Then I made them promise to read the thread that Providence posted today "ELENIN report on CNN iReport last week... " which is the perfect article at the perfect time....gotta love when that happens.

I don't fear death or loss. I feel I have a "duty" to prepare. Like it's why I'm here, why I have this knowing, why information is provided to me.

Ontarioguy
3rd August 2011, 02:25
Hi Carolin, I too am tired of trying to get the horses to drink the water. The food is right here in front of em....but they just do not seem hungry for this type of food. SIGHHHHHH.

Sesan
3rd August 2011, 02:43
How does one eat an elephant.......one little bite at a time. Keep explaining things to your parents and family. If my parents can start to see things my way, well then anything is possible. I've been talking to them for years and they are just now starting to take note thanks to all the con-trails here on the west coast. :p

Phoenix
3rd August 2011, 03:58
don't worry, the nutritional value of canned food is close to zero anyway. it just fills your stomach but that's about it. people who are going to eat only canned food in the aftertime will soon get sick. it's better to get books that tell you which plants you can eat that grow naturally where you live. especially those that grow anywhere and even when conditions are far from ideal. apart from that, rather store basmati rice and legumes instead of canned stuff, they're a lot healthier.

AH! Can you provide an example of a book you have/read/suggest? Please?

Thank you SO much!

-Phoenix

ghostrider
3rd August 2011, 04:06

just prepare like a madman, stay focused, fate will decide, it's alway prudent to be prudent. sorry for the anquish you endure, I do know how you feel. just prepare, take care of you, and let fate take care of the rest. this is a once in this lifetime event, some just don't wanna see it.

The Truth Is In There
3rd August 2011, 08:19

AH! Can you provide an example of a book you have/read/suggest? Please?

Thank you SO much!

-Phoenix

not really, unless you speak german. while about 95% of the books i buy are in english the stuff that deals with plants and gardening are in german, for obvious reasons. wouldn't want to learn all the plants AND their english translations.

just check out amazon, the readers' reviews should give a pretty good indication which books are great and which aren't. be sure to get more than one and also some that deal with survival stuff.

phillipbbg
3rd August 2011, 08:24
Its all about how you ask..... you need to get them to look at it in a way that is expectable to their way of rationalising stocking up on food....

For instance saying I want you to give me canned foods for my birthday because the price of food is going up so quickly and with the state of the Government and all the financial problems of businesses etc... I just think it would be good to stock up to SAVE MONEY (the magic words)

Then you say don't buy me basics buy me luxury goods like ham in the can etc.... that way you will get beans for sure...lol Hope this helps....

You will find that they will inadvertently start to go through the process as well, a few extra cans will start to go into the basket etc.....

Your work will be done!!! :):):)

Maia Gabrial
4th August 2011, 18:09
I'm thinking that if our family and friends were aware of what's going on, then our request for food would make sense to them.

Fred Steeves
4th August 2011, 18:17
Carolyn, been there and done that. I eventually got to the point where either I had to just let it go, or it was going to destroy me.

Well, I'm still here...

Cheers,
Fred

Camilo
4th August 2011, 20:19
Regarding this issue, we can't expect anybody to do it for us. I really believe you should be leading them by expample with your actions. Be the change you want to see.

Carolin
4th August 2011, 21:01
Regarding this issue, we can't expect anybody to it for us. I really believe you should be leading them by expample with your actions. Be the change you want to see.

Hi Camilo

My home is very well stocked, these cans were meant for my family. What I have stored might seem like a lot but when you start feeding family, neighbours, and friends it won't go far. I also feel the more places we have things stored the better. Hopefully my little hissy fit worked on my parents so we can get their home stocked.:fish:

shadowstalker
4th August 2011, 21:14
Whats worse is when your family tells you or knows you are right in your finding, but tell you not to talk to others about it, then tells folks your crazy so is not seems crazy them selves, it is most upsetting.

So do what I do make youtube vids. do it behind the scenes as it where, folks will listen folks will not, but thats part of the game, right. so play the game your way behind the scenes.

folks will see thing three ways:
CRAZY
Entertaining
or
A useful tool for learning/growing

Maia Gabrial
8th August 2011, 03:44
Yeah, I agree with being the example. Every time the family comes over show them how your food supplies are growing. And ask them how theirs are coming along. Think they might get a better hint?

Referee
8th August 2011, 07:38
Carolin we are both in the same boat. My family if they knew my views would ship me off to the loony bin. I always knew I was different then them. I looked at the world in a very different way. They were always concerned with money and looking good publicly. I am concerned with the state of things no matter what it makes me look like. There is a lot of racism in my family and I simply do not approve. I feel your frustration and send you my best wishes.

Hang in there.

Referee

finally there!!!
8th August 2011, 10:55
hi Caroline your not the only one thats for sure.
the kinda response i get from friends and family now is..sure we know the world is ****ed and there's a class system to always keep the people down. but im not gonna sit around worrying about it.
whats the point!!!!
In some ways I kinda agree with them apart from the fact they would rather worry about playing the computer or missing their favourite soap..
I certainly dont want to sit around worrying about the future id much rather sit around creating the future.
as my friends say we already know the world is bad, so why do we get hung up on the details??

Anchor
8th August 2011, 11:09
I keep seeing this thread but I dont comment, suddenly I want to.

> Why am I wasting my breath??

You are not.

You are breathing, you are alive and you are serving a purpose that you do not fully apprehend, but that's OK, not many of us do fully know the parameters of our sojourn here and the reasons for it.

Keep breathing! Everything shows in your passionate intent to serve others, the openness of your heart, the movement away from fear, these are all things that you do, you set an example.

Your vibration does communicate, it does help and it will eventually have contributed to what we all want, and so it will not be a waste.

John..

andrewgreen
8th August 2011, 13:25
I think the key is that your family can see your calmer, happier and understanding because of your knowledge and wisdom. Not understanding that it makes them unhappy to see you investing so much energy into some alien to them for example, shows a lack of understanding and acceptance of others free will. Together with emotional and confrontational behavior suggests to your family your confused and showing a lack of wisdom. If they love you they will eventually come to you and talk with you but it should be their decision. They surely wont appreciate you forcing your ideas on them as Im sure you would want them to force their ideas on you.

Maia Gabrial
8th August 2011, 14:06
You know, Avalonians, all it would take is for the medias to do their jobs right and report what's really happening and then all of our skeptical families and friends would get onboard. Work together....
That's what communities are all about, right? How can we do that when there are so many obstacles, preventing us from taking care of ourselves and our communities?

WhiteFeather
8th August 2011, 14:13
Hang in there kid, there are many like us, and many more are awakening. Focus on your intent thats all you can do.
Reinforcements are on the way.

Curt
8th August 2011, 15:35
" I was thinking about this saying only this morning - it should go "Ignorance is bliss for the ignorant, but hell for the rest of us."
I know - it needs tuning, but I think that's probably more to the point :)"

I'm definitely going to use this....:cool: