PDA

View Full Version : Things that are irrelevant

The One
1st August 2011, 17:04
After being here for a few years I have noticed more lately a trend in the posts that are irrelevant to the threads.

Here we are again discussing this. I sometimes wonder why some members actually joined Avalon. Maybe some of you should have joined an agony aunt forum.

We all came here for our own individual reasons but I certainly didn’t come hear to bitch slap. There are some topics I like and some topics I dislike but I won’t get involved in silly debate it seems some members just want it all their own way or they sulk like children if things are done in a certain way.

There as been a certain trend with some members and you know who you are who just pick at the tiniest of things like information, duplicate threads, or you will post something in a thread that’s totally not relevant then the thread becomes a troll and goes totally off topic.

Maybe we should have an agony aunt forum for the moaners, or why cant members just pm the member instead of showing all members what they think in a thread. That’s what I do

Can I just say this is not about me I have looked at so many threads of late and the above is going on far too often I suggest

If you don’t like the thread don’t comment or pm the member. There is always going to be stuff that be don’t agree with or does not fit into what we want.

Yes lets have healthy debate yes lets have great debate but lets not have irrelavant debate

And yes that’s The One having a rant

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

crosby
1st August 2011, 17:45
hi The One, i am in total agreement with you on this. and have been staying away, or stepping back just a bit because of it. there does seem to be an undercurrent of this type of activity lately. hopefully, all will do some minor adjustments and keep things moving forward.
regards, corson

RMorgan
1st August 2011, 17:59
Maybe Avalon needs more Moderators...

Marsila
1st August 2011, 20:27
Hi The One, i also 100% agree with all what you said, so all well said. I do think this attitude of some, is making others step back like described, and that's not good.

Perhaps Rmorgan is right, the moderators now are doing a great job, but maybe they need a little more help.

Otherwise agony aunt section...maybe not such a bad idea.

Ilie Pandia
1st August 2011, 21:39
There is a solution to this.

If you think s post is off-topic or derailing a thread please report it. It's the small black triangle you find under each post. (Maybe Paul will edit this post of mine to add the image of it).

This way the moderators can focus on those threads and take notice faster if someone insists on posting off topic or using the forum a "chat" platform.

So let's keep keep threads on topic, use the chat room for quick chats, use PMs to schedule a chat meeting, use PMs to share things that are not really relevant to the thread, use the groups feature to create your own "conference room".

Writing a post just to say: "I don't like this or that" or "I disagree" and so on, is not helpful nor informative. If you have arguments against something, write those politely and accept that not everybody will see your point of view. If you don't like something and you have nothing constructive to say, move on.

There are plenty of tools to keep this forum a high quality one.

Oh, and this a good post by Bill that needs re-reading: singal/noise ratio (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?7330-The-quality-of-Avalon-keeping-the-signal-to-noise-ratio-high&p=63045&highlight=noise+signal#post63045)

Thank you The One for bringing this up.

fox.mulder
1st August 2011, 22:23
Guys,

(1) More moderators = more control. This goes against the whole idea of Avalon.
(2) If people are moaning then this is the true picture of the general mindset of people. You should just accept that.

If you want Avalon to be a better place then it will only take place when the individual takes that journey. However no one can force that on another.

The micro universe of Avalon is a small fractal of the macro universe of our planet. Does putting more Government control in a our planet going to make it a better place? NO. The same is here in Avalon, putting more control will not make it a better place.

jasontorque
1st August 2011, 22:46
There is a solution to this.

Oh, and this a good post by Bill that needs re-reading: singal/noise ratio (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?7330-The-quality-of-Avalon-keeping-the-signal-to-noise-ratio-high&p=63045&highlight=noise+signal#post63045)

Thank you The One for bringing this up.

The essence of the post from Bill which you mentioned is / was the reason I am here, Ilie.

I really hope to see more brave steps by Bill to articulate secrets he might be in possession of.

etheric underground
2nd August 2011, 02:32
I disagree.....NAH just kidding.
We need to laugh people in between the serious and the sad
Lets find answers and realisations together not bicker and rant.
On ya The ONE...
HAPPY POST
LEARN THE MOST

The One
2nd August 2011, 06:01
(1) More moderators = more control. This goes against the whole idea of Avalon

I agree

(2)
If people are moaning then this is the true picture of the general mindset of people. You should just accept that.

Totally Disagree its not the general mindset of people its only a minority of members and not the majority of members and you should accept thats the truth.I have been here long enough to see it only a few members

The micro universe of Avalon is a small fractal of the macro universe of our planet. Does putting more Government control in a our planet going to make it a better place? NO. The same is here in Avalon, putting more control will not make it a better place

All i am asking for is the small minority of member to think before they post things that are irrelevant,it really is that simple

If you want Avalon to be a better place then it will only take place when the individual takes that journey. However no one can force that on another

Correct but we can at least try to educate for the better

sirac
2nd August 2011, 07:04
control lies within the one.
always a truism, on any plain of equa-tion