PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone notice the lifelessness of people lately?

Phoenix
3rd August 2011, 04:03
Every day, on the bus, on the subway, on the train, walking on the street, in one state in the US, another state... all the same thing. People - lifeless. On a bus of 40+ people today there was just the loud purring of the engine, for over a half-hour nobody spoke.

When I looked into these peoples eyes, they look riddled with fear, scared, not confident. If their eyes met mine, they'd dart away.

Does anyone else feel this?

-Phoenix

EileenCookies
3rd August 2011, 04:36
People seem very dead to me, ...because they are not choosing to live. They are caught up in the world of the mind/ego and that is a dead place to come from. Doesn't make sense? Another way to perceive it is lack of spontainity due to fear. Not necessary fear of some immense financial collapse, but fear of living itself. EX: Afraid to say they like someone, due to embarassment. Fear of having sex, due to religious up-bringing. So people do not follow their bliss, their heaven. They choose hell instead, or stuck-ness. It starts when they are young and are told to be quiet, shut up, do as they are told, etc. They forget who they really are....alive out there beings. Aww.....

ghostrider
3rd August 2011, 04:47
everyone is under some sort of mind control, they have that no one home look in their eyes. they are waiting for the media to tell them what shirt to buy, what album to listen to, and what movie they just MUST see. where to dine, what to order, where to go afterwards, then which brand of beer to further cloud their judgment, and lastly which member of the opposit sex that they care nothing about will they pretend to be interested in, because come the weekend that is what they are progammed they MUST DO. back to work monday wait for the weekend and do the dance again. then all sense of imagination is gone and they become freakin robots, I have a city full of them around me. the same tatoos, the same cars, the same little dogs, the same touchscreen phones, the same ( all for me and to hell with the world) attitude. the sad part they think they are a free thinking human that has the whole thing down pat. put them all in a line - there is no difference they all look just alike- barb tatoos on the right shoulder, and crazy tatoos on one leg, sagging pants with the fast n furious car close by, a drama queen on again off again girlfriend, and everyone walks around looking at everyone looking back at them with nothing to say about anything. and they call that living? clueless about the world behind the world. truly lifeless I agree..

enfoldedblue
3rd August 2011, 04:58
Wow...this is sad to hear. I have been noticing the exact opposite. Everywhere I go I see people laughing and looking alive and happy. I've been seeing it as an indication of the shift that I feel occuring inside. Interesting.....

ViralSpiral
3rd August 2011, 05:03
Some people are awakening whilst others are falling asleep

shadowbox
3rd August 2011, 05:11
no one is right. no one is wrong. maybe you're projecting your internal feelings? maybe you are the one under mind control for thinking such nonsense.

we see what we choose to..

The One
3rd August 2011, 05:35
I have also noticed this

Here in the uk there are over 50.000 yes thats rigtht Fifty Thousand phone masks thats not including frequency beacons.I beleive this is having a massive effect.It was definatly not like this before these were built.

Dawn
3rd August 2011, 05:38
I am aware that simply by being myself I radiate my personal frequency to everyone I am around. So why is this mentioned in this discussion? Because I make an effort to personally contact everyone I interact with. I find out the names of almost everyone I interact with and make a point to look them in the eyes as I am with them. In the process we exchange energy and ... brain waves. Because the eyes aren't separate from the brain, they are extensions of the brain. Science shows that when people gaze at each other, their brain waves begin to synchronize. So my gift daily is to give to others of myself and my frequency. That way they can experience a different way of being, however briefly.

I awoke many long years ago, complete kundalini, astral travel and the whole bit. The first thing I noticed is that others were in a strange trance. They appeared wooden, stressed out, and weren't able to be aware what was around them. They were caught in a way of being that had little life in it. They were on automatic and paying attention only to the false reality of the matrix, which was not real life.

In a number of eastern wisdom traditions there is reference to 'walk softly among the sleepers'. I think you are simply beginning to notice the sleepers. And that means you are noticing what is really going on among the surrounding population. This can only be seen when you are awake. Congratulations. But it isn't new, I noticed it 22 years ago when I awoke.

The next step is to realize all these people are simply on their own schedule. Finding a way to see all of them as OK the way they are took me some time. Finally I realized everyone awakens right on their own personal schedule. The more you see this as a problem... the more you will contribute to the 'stuck-ness' of the whole situation. Because, since everything is connected, your acceptance of all that is allows it to change with ease.

Finally I'd like to say that there are so many more people awake now than there were 22 years ago. For the first 7 years I couldn't locate a single other person who was awake. And I was extremely lonely. Not awakened people are all over the place and life is much more fun.

Rocky_Shorz
3rd August 2011, 05:49
they are waking up... Elenin... 2012... Alien invasions on 5 nights a week TV and movies... Mayan Calendar... religious end time prophecies...

see now, we're in the know, everything they've always wanted to ask somebody, anybody...

but can't they are afraid people will think they are nuts, so they say nothing...

curiosity will get them and no matter which subject draws them in... They'll come stumbling up to the Gates of Avalon and quietly peek in...

it's all part of the awakening, just smile, that's all people need to see right now...

Foggy
3rd August 2011, 06:20
Wow...this is sad to hear. I have been noticing the exact opposite. Everywhere I go I see people laughing and looking alive and happy. I've been seeing it as an indication of the shift that I feel occuring inside. Interesting.....

I agree with the lady. Regardless if I am alone, or in the public....I wear a smile just for the fact it makes me feel better. Check it out for your self and smile then stick your tongue out :p
Now, go back to smiling and check-in with your body.

Anyway, what I have learned....It all starts with me. Today, I was at the marina and came upon a tourist with a new 63 foot Hatteras with a hailing port from the area where I was born. I stuck up a conversation
with the owner, only to learn we lived on the same road early 60's and 3 years later, both of us moved and lived on the same road in another town again. I moved out of state and never knew him, only to learn
my brother-in-law and him belong to the same Lodge. Needless to say, many people walked by and joined the conversation and the jokes started and it all started with a smile.

Did you hear about the guy who was trying to fly a kite in his back yard while his wife was watching from the kitchen window? She hollered out: "What you need is a little tail". He erased the puzzled look on his face and replied: "Make up your mind woman;)....last night you told me to fly a kite".

Anchor
3rd August 2011, 06:20
Yes I know what you mean.

Sometimes, when I find myself in this situation, and when I remember to, I try to imagine the whole carriage or an elevator whatever it is filled with the love and the light of the one infinite creator.

Sometimes it does nothing discernible, other times magic happens.

-- update --

Wow I just read post #8 after I posted this - off to read it again!

meeradas
3rd August 2011, 06:57
ever seen John Carpenter's "They Live"?

Calz
3rd August 2011, 07:18

Classic :thumb:

Tony
3rd August 2011, 08:17
A cartoon grave yard....

Russ1959
3rd August 2011, 08:32
Puppets on a string?

phillipbbg
3rd August 2011, 08:34
Have watched them all my life.... I used to feel bad about it until I realised that they have the same choices we all have and some people just have to be shed people in this life, its their karma so to speak. But I try not to travel during peak hour times when everyone is in the rut of going to work .... it is very concerning I have to admit...

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink....... I just try to show them the water.... if you have to travel with them leave travel brochures to exotic destinations on your seat when you leave the train.. someone will read them and you may have planted a seed.

Muzz
3rd August 2011, 09:22
Every day, on the bus, on the subway, on the train, walking on the street, in one state in the US, another state... all the same thing. People - lifeless. On a bus of 40+ people today there was just the loud purring of the engine, for over a half-hour nobody spoke.

When I looked into these peoples eyes, they look riddled with fear, scared, not confident. If their eyes met mine, they'd dart away.

Does anyone else feel this?

-Phoenix

Hi Phoenix

This has been posted before on the forum but thought it was apt to pop it in your thread. Ever since watching this I make an effort to smile and say hello to people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0oHlX8Kmxk

Because I make an effort to personally contact everyone I interact with. I find out the names of almost everyone I interact with and make a point to look them in the eyes as I am with them. In the process we exchange energy

Like Abundant Traveler says in this excellent post, its making a connection with people thats important.

toothpick
3rd August 2011, 09:51
It does not make me feel very good to see so many people ignorant of the truth of their own history.
It can even depress you if you let it, because, some of these zombes are family members, it can be tough.
I just have to remember that not to long ago it was me walking around asleep and ignorant, and it is very easy to forgive thier not having enough curiosity to look into why they are here and who they are.

I can clearly remember havng my paradym shattered while watchng the movie, Chariots of the Gods, in the early 70,s, but i had 3 kids that needed some attention, so, I became what i call a, closet sleeper, for 20 yrs , what a trip that was, and after the kids were on thier way i was out of the closet and devouring as much information on ancient human history that i could get my hands on.
So, coming from the closet i guess that i understand, some, of these sleepers, like 2 or 3 maybe.

toothpick

pickle
3rd August 2011, 10:00
Since joining Avalon I've found some answers to questions I'd had niggling away at me, mostly connected with our purpose/journey/biological road trip....

You guys reminded me how important it is to smile every time I can, I mean, let my face show how I'm feeling. Then I started smiling at people in the street, in the office, on the train... just like they did before the Internet, soaps, XBox, and lack of giving a damn took a firm grip.

I thought about my grandparents and how happy they were, though they had bugger all (in material things), and how they lived on trust and goodwill to get through times of hell. This helped put perspective on things for me ('specially as they had each lost their 1st love in WW2). Life's lessons for me maybe...

As Anchor mentioned, I've found that holding a great, happy thought in my mind and trying to send it to others makes a difference. Then I found that others did the same back to me.

So in general no, I'm finding people are warmer, smile more easily, more eager to talk, more ready to laugh. Honestly, I think the thoughts I had about others was more a reflection of me than how they are/were. I prefer the reflection I'm getting now ;)

Thanks to all of you, every word that lifts spirits is so valuable (to newbies like me at least), every piece of information to help others think hard about this spiritual-Harley-ride puts wind in my hair, a big grin on my face, and confidence to spread this good stuff.

Oops, I've waffled, and I'm off to Eternal One's Calibration Consciousness thread for a re-charge and bask in the glow of warm, wise words...

Peace and love to you all,

Pickle

Tigressa
3rd August 2011, 10:47
In a number of eastern wisdom traditions there is reference to 'walk softly among the sleepers'. I think you are simply beginning to notice the sleepers. And that means you are noticing what is really going on among the surrounding population.

The next step is to realize all these people are simply on their own schedule. Finding a way to see all of them as OK the way they are took me some time. Finally I realized everyone awakens right on their own personal schedule. The more you see this as a problem... the more you will contribute to the 'stuck-ness' of the whole situation. Because, since everything is connected, your acceptance of all that is allows it to change with ease.

Finally I'd like to say that there are so many more people awake now than there were 22 years ago. For the first 7 years I couldn't locate a single other person who was awake. And I was extremely lonely. Not awakened people are all over the place and life is much more fun.

Abundant Traveler, this was the best thing I have read in ages.. really beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I must learn to walk more softly among the sleepers myself, I am always razzing the poor fuqers up, I don't know why. Probably my Saturn in the 1st house rearing it's head. Acceptance and patience with self and others is an art itself.

Foggy
3rd August 2011, 11:10
Muzz:

This has been posted before on the forum but thought it was apt to pop it in your thread. Ever since watching this I make an effort to smile and say hello to people.

Thank you for re-posting this video. I never saw it before. Absolutely outstanding and your thoughtfulness is appreciated. The best comment made toward the end when questioned:
"What is the importance of life"? I love the man who replied along the line of 'do no harm'.

I think "honor' for all life is important because when you honor life, you respect yourself first and all living things. I think where we lost it in the 50's with McDonald's firing all the
'car hops' (happy smiling boys and girls on roller skates) and teaching the remaining employees to perform only one job thereby turning a restaurant (with happy smiling people) into an assembly line with cheap food. When food is cheap, the people are cheap. Honor, dignity and respect were scarified for greed and excess profit. It started with people, followed by not honoring the way their product was produced (demanding uniform vegetables, cloned beef, chicken, etc.) There were hundreds of potato varieties before McDonalds. Because they are the worlds largest buyer of potatoes, today we have around 5 varieties. If the public saw the 'factory farms' where the products come from, their eating habits would change. What started as 'cheap food' (15 cent hamburger) has contaminated sources associated with it by not honoring them and disrespecting them as a living organism.

Freud's nephew, Edward Bernays peddled his propaganda, changed the word to Public Relations was one of the first to attempt to manipulate public opinion by appealing to, and attempting to influence, the unconscious.
BBC made an excellent documentary, The Century of the Self which explains how those in power manipulated the public by showing corporations how to make mass produced goods selling "desire" to unsuspected masses.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyPzGUsYyKM

ghostrider
3rd August 2011, 11:25
easy to forget we can affect the world around us with our attitude, positive breeds positive, negative breeds negative, so from this day on I choose to do my best to remain positive and affect the world around me. thanks to all the members of starship avalon ( as I call it in my realm) . you guys rock.

DoubleHelix
3rd August 2011, 12:28
easy to forget we can affect the world around us with our attitude, positive breeds positive, negative breeds negative, so from this day on I choose to do my best to remain positive and affect the world around me. thanks to all the members of starship avalon ( as I call it in my realm) . you guys rock.

Just treat people how you would like to be treated !

Would you like a lift if you were hitch-hiking? well then pick a hiker up next time you see that thumb raised!
Would you like some financial help when things go pear-shaped? well then be the first person to help another out with their money dramas!

That's when one will really witness the Law of Attraction

Revere
3rd August 2011, 12:44

Nice...you know we all find what we look for and what we Intend believing. If we need a change! Look for love, beauty, peace, charity, etc, etc......We will find it .....even if it is in short supply for most of those masses who have choosen to stay asleep by not deciding to be awake!

So Sad for them! :mmph:

-R-

aonascimento
3rd August 2011, 13:01
everyone is under some sort of mind control, they have that no one home look in their eyes. they are waiting for the media to tell them what shirt to buy, what album to listen to, and what movie they just MUST see. where to dine, what to order, where to go afterwards, then which brand of beer to further cloud their judgment, and lastly which member of the opposit sex that they care nothing about will they pretend to be interested in, because come the weekend that is what they are progammed they MUST DO. back to work monday wait for the weekend and do the dance again. then all sense of imagination is gone and they become freakin robots, I have a city full of them around me. the same tatoos, the same cars, the same little dogs, the same touchscreen phones, the same ( all for me and to hell with the world) attitude. the sad part they think they are a free thinking human that has the whole thing down pat. put them all in a line - there is no difference they all look just alike- barb tatoos on the right shoulder, and crazy tatoos on one leg, sagging pants with the fast n furious car close by, a drama queen on again off again girlfriend, and everyone walks around looking at everyone looking back at them with nothing to say about anything. and they call that living? clueless about the world behind the world. truly lifeless I agree..

I bet that everyone is asking to yourself "what am I doing with my life?", but they´re so numb with everyday locking activities that people simply can not get out of "comfort zone", which means change. That´s a problem, but i believe the more we awake for this stuff, the louder will be the twiling noise in their heads urging for changes... This is Colective Conciousness.

Peace for everyone

WhiteFeather
3rd August 2011, 13:44
What I believe we can do (as awakened ones) is become a shephard and tend for our sheep. Simply just by planting a seed, giving a warm smile, sending out some good energy and vibes, etc. Then maybe the sheep will come back to the shephard for more. Thus awakening this herd in masses and guiding them towards the right path.

ulli
3rd August 2011, 13:52
Seeing the flaw in a flawed world is incentive to get to work, or we can only cave in.

At the end of the day, when the work is done, provided it was done wholeheartedly, there is a great feeling of fulfillment.
On that bus one might notice the tired look in people's faces, but also feel more compassion towards them.

The thing is to observe not only the outside world, but our own shifting mood as we observe the outside world.
And that is the beginning of the recovery, not just at the personal level, but also the collective.

Calz
3rd August 2011, 13:52
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9p8LXD5UDs

risveglio
3rd August 2011, 15:24

Where's my bubblegum?

Nyce555
3rd August 2011, 15:37
I have noticed this too, especially at work. I speak to someone, say "Hello" or "Good Morning", and they just ignore you or they just give you some weird half smile. They can't even look me in the eyes!! They act like they are too good to say Hello or look at you like "why is this person talking to me". It is rude. Most times I give up and then there are a few people that will actually part there lips to speak and I am shocked. It's sad when it is shocking that people say hello.

Ineffable Hitchhiker
3rd August 2011, 17:06
In a number of eastern wisdom traditions there is reference to 'walk softly among the sleepers'. I think you are simply beginning to notice the sleepers. And that means you are noticing what is really going on among the surrounding population. This can only be seen when you are awake. Congratulations. But it isn't new, I noticed it 22 years ago when I awoke.

That was just beautiful!
This statement is so helpful, I have have written it down.
Thank you. :thank_you2:

@ Phoenix
I do think it´s frustrating when you have become aware of many things that you weren´t aware of before but I guess it´s much like riding a bicycle.
Once you have fallen off and been hurt many times, you do eventually manage to enjoy the ride without much pain. :)
And then new lessons begin, like driving a car, having a family and hearing that we live in a matrix, for example... ;)

Best of luck as you journey through life and be glad to be part of this forum with so many wise souls.

Carmody
3rd August 2011, 17:09
It has to be broken before it can be fixed.

Observation come first.

Things are moving along as they should.

Your task, your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to make sure that their opening...... does not go sideways. That....is not something you can push. Push is external which engages their ego, which causes them to push back, which slows it down.

This is why the angry pusher of truth rarely achieves much of anything. Be noticed, be observed, be seen, yes. But let them do it on their own.

The pusher of lies goes far, as they are using 'push' (negativity) to achieve a negative effect. Too many hard corrections eventually removes any semblance of 'approaching balance'.... and takes the car completely off the road.

Anger and angst, the push to 'do' is always there when the realization comes. Let the anger, the extremes of negative emotion - pass. Reason returns in it's absence.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Where's my bubblegum?

I'm out too.

Carmody
3rd August 2011, 17:27
I am aware that simply by being myself I radiate my personal frequency to everyone I am around. So why is this mentioned in this discussion? Because I make an effort to personally contact everyone I interact with. I find out the names of almost everyone I interact with and make a point to look them in the eyes as I am with them. In the process we exchange energy and ... brain waves. Because the eyes aren't separate from the brain, they are extensions of the brain. Science shows that when people gaze at each other, their brain waves begin to synchronize. So my gift daily is to give to others of myself and my frequency. That way they can experience a different way of being, however briefly.

I awoke many long years ago, complete kundalini, astral travel and the whole bit. The first thing I noticed is that others were in a strange trance. They appeared wooden, stressed out, and weren't able to be aware what was around them. They were caught in a way of being that had little life in it. They were on automatic and paying attention only to the false reality of the matrix, which was not real life.

I know the feeling. No-one found... who is truly awake on those levels.

All I could do, is to begin walking the long road of the process of quietly infecting this genesis on others, via simply being - to stand in the moment of reflection.

ulli
3rd August 2011, 17:31
P.D.Ouspensky in his book "In Search of the Miraculous" said this about the awakening process,
and that we are all asleep as long as we do not remember ourselves:

"I was struck by the difference between the understanding of the people who belonged to our groups and that of people outside them. The people who belonged to our groups understood, though not all at once, that we had come into contact with a "miracle," and that it was something "new," something that had never existed anywhere before.
The other people did not understand this; they took it all too lightly and sometimes they even began to prove to me that such theories had existed before."

Noticing the lifelessness in others is the first step in awakening, yet it is still something our own perception projected out there, meaning that we have a long way to go.
I have been observing this in myself for years now, and noticed how when I myself am low, that I see others as depressed, too.
When I am happy, I see happy people.
It started when I was pregnant, 32 years ago...there were pregnant women everywhere I looked.
Now I don't see them, even though I live in a Latin country.

But what I DO see I either use immediately as omens and signs from the higher dimensions,
or I check the fact that it's likely a projection of my subconscious.

This makes life more fun, as well as gives one a direct link to the invisible realms.

Carmody
3rd August 2011, 17:35
Punch Buggy! No Paybacks!

TigaHawk
3rd August 2011, 21:31
When i used to take public transport i think i'd have looked like one of those lifeless people two tho.

It wasnt that i was lifeless, it was a combination of the following.

1) I was still assleep. I did not want to be awake because i knew i was on a Bus headed to Work.

2) It's public transport. I must admit Busses are alot better than Trains - but its a crappily designed buss and the temperature is allways set to what the driver wants, you're never comfy, you're sweating or freezing you're bits off.

3) People are generaly not nice. I've learnt to look away if eye contact is met with another person purely becuase of the sheer ammount of "WTF ARE YOU LOOKING AT!?!?" that i would get from some people.

4) I'd adapted to getting a MP3 player, good set of headphones, and just sitting on the buss with music on to drown out the noise and i'd close my eyes and try and catch a nap. If i fell assleep it was ok - buss driver would kick me off once they get to the city anyway :P

5) The thought of having to go to work makes everyone lifeless, thats my personal opinion anyway.

hexenomega
3rd August 2011, 22:35
yep,
the false reality created by the pursuit of something your never going to get turns nice people hard and cold, and its always going to be this way until they banish money, yes but you say, without money, how you gonna live?, ok, will the fruit not grow?, will vegetables damand payment for growing?, no, even if the absolutley totally corrupted system of money was gone tommorow, eveything that is here today, will still be here the next day, sure, give the fantasticaly gifted what they want, but soon 2 people living in the 60 room mansion are gonna feel a bit daft when everybody else is more happy just living with what they need, and the drugs trade porn, corruption means nothing if the there is no financial gain, the world is being destroyed by greed or desperation to get money, so , thats what I would do.
Hexen

Maia Gabrial
3rd August 2011, 22:43
I think that those people are very depressed and are ready to leave this ugly world.

Lettherebelight
4th August 2011, 00:17
When we brush against people on the crowded streets of this world, send them love.

bitworm
4th August 2011, 00:40
It's also the middle of summer in the north. Being on the bus sucks anyway, but having to be in the heat is a bit like:

http://i.imgur.com/oiwQb.gif

jjjones
4th August 2011, 00:54
People do seem more disconnected today than 10-20 yrs. ago. I believe in the past few years so much confusion has become unveiled regarding the happenings in the world. What is happening is the natural instinct/ common sense of the people is beginning to stir because in our world today 1+1 doesn't equal 2. Maybe the light bulb has turned on and they are going through a shock and awe moment regarding the truth of the illusion that they have been living in "Pleasantville". They may be waking up and are finally focusing on what is and is not the real truth. About time I say, but it is better late than never! The awareness that they are coming into is from the world of the internet, not the controlled elite owned media. We the people of the world need to protect our freedom of speech on the internet. The elite Do Not like us having contact with each other and finding things that are hidden from us and then it goes internet viral. I know this is off the subject, but I had to remind all of you and myself. Hacking is a poor excuse to police the internet. I shall close saying that I HOPE that all of the people walking around looking lifeless are not fearful and walking in their sleep, but are contemplating and focusing and becoming more aware of the truth! It is you the family members of Avalon, Bill, Kerry and the world internet family that are the teachers of bringing knowing and awareness into the lives of the lifeless. Thank You All for your love and caring! Namaste, Love and Peace, jjjones

Lifebringer
4th August 2011, 00:54
Same here, when the children started for college, i went and sought what I could not talk to them about, if I wanted to raise them without them viewing me a loolu. But now I'm on zoom and doing all I can to put my best forward and be part of the change that needs to be. I simply can't leave this mess for them, i love them too much, not to at least try and turn the world to a better place for all. I know they will accept different beings because we too, came from stereotyping, and lies, so they will have a lot in common to talk about.

Peace ya'll.

Phoenix
4th August 2011, 02:36
phone masks?

inzer0
4th August 2011, 03:06
to answer the question, yes.. this "lifelessness" is a result of polarization that is occuring.. this is occuring everywhere, but in the case of individuals, there is a polarization of the soul from the body that is occuring, a detachment if you will, thus starving the body of that which gives it life.. however there is another spectrum in which the opposite is happening, there is an anti-polarization that is occuring in individuals, in which the soul or higherself whatever you would prefer to call it, is unifying and fusing with the body, that effect is what many are calling "ascension". i see it as a "to zero" (anti-polarization) and "away from zero" (polarization). this is increasing, accelerating, and will continue.. this same polarization can also be correlated to an increase in entropy, and the anti-polarization effect correlates with a decrease in entropy and increase of ectropy, in this case the entropy or ectropy of the "self", the "individual" the "being" the soul or whatever.. it can also be seen as a compression vs expansion ratio.. it is quite interesting to say the least, observing both polar effects happening simultaneously in the world and with people and elsewhere.. anyways, that's my take on this...