PDA

View Full Version : Hacker group Anonymous threatens to destroy Facebook

The One
10th August 2011, 08:45
Dont know what to make of this

SWQTS8zqYXU

Attention citizens of the World. Message from the hacking group Anonymous that Facebook will be destroyed, and the historic day will be November 5th, 2011. They accuse Facebook of selling your private information to government agencies and giving clandestine access to information security firms. So that they can spy on people from all around the world.

Remember, remember the fifth of November, refer to Guy Fawkes with origins in 17th century English history. On the 5th November 1605 Guy Fawkes was caught in the cellars of the Houses of Parliament with several dozen barrels of gunpowder. Guy Fawkes was subsequently tried as a traitor with his co-conspirators for plotting against the government. He was tried by Judge Popham who came to London specifically for the trial from his country manor Littlecote House in Hungerford, Gloucestershire. Fawkes was sentenced to death and the form of the execution was one of the most horrendous ever practised (hung ,drawn and quartered) which reflected the serious nature of the crime of treason

scootiep
10th August 2011, 08:54
Bring it on - so many people are obsessed with facebook it controls their lives.

Get out there in the real world - help with all the problems we have, try and make a difference - instead of being stuck in your bedroom on your pc talking about endless dross - did you see eastenders last night? do you like the colour of my new hair? just got out of the bed i'm so lazy - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Tane Mahuta
10th August 2011, 09:01
Bring it on - so many people are obsessed with facebook it controls their lives.
Get out there in the real world - help with all the problems we have, try and make a difference - instead of being stuck in your bedroom on your pc talking about endless dross - did you see eastenders last night? do you like the colour of my new hair? just got out of the bed i'm so lazy - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/686/nike3mw.th.jpg

I too concur....."Just Do It!!

TM

steveofengland
10th August 2011, 09:02
Iran just poked the USA, China liked this. Russia has changed its relationship status with USA to "its complicated" down with Facebook I say!

etheric underground
10th August 2011, 09:33
I had to personally write to zuckerburg to deactivate..... It is suspicious and no doubt
helps collate info on behalf of the dark cabal......
Look at the generation coming through....They are all facebook zombies.
I say BLOW FACEBOOK UP ........

ViralSpiral
10th August 2011, 09:37
It is suspicious

Indeed. I am struggling to download my albums. They have deactivated the right click option on Macs. Any suggestions?
I have a LOT of albums, so clicking individual pics is not helpful. Thank you please :)

NeverMind
10th August 2011, 09:38
Not to offend anyone, but I really can't understand why anyone would use Facebook, Twitter & al. I don't.
So... good riddance.

Not that I believe anything of the sort will happen, certainly not at the hands of said hacker group or whoever it is that is pretending to be it.

ViralSpiral
10th August 2011, 09:44
Not to offend anyone, but I really can't understand why anyone would use Facebook, Twitter & al. I don't.
So... good riddance.

Not that I believe anything of the sort will happen, certainly not at the hands of said hacker group or whoever it is that is pretending to be it.

I was young once......
/cough

Lancelot
10th August 2011, 10:07
Lets suppose that facebook has been used as a spy tool -Now that all the information on people has been collated, and it has become apparent that it is also a powerful tool which brings people together, as has been seen recently for mass demonstrations and suchlike, perhaps the ptb has now deemed its time for it to go.

math330
10th August 2011, 11:37
^
This. Possibly.

It will be a good thing for fb to go.
I'm not totally convinced it is operated solely as a data-mining operation, but it can't be good for one company (which has already been proven to pass data on) to hold this much information.
The danger is, of course, that Lulzsec or Anon (or whoever this group is) will release all information gleaned from f**ebook as they did for Sony/ FBI etc for anybody to peruse.

Then again, this could also be some sort of bull**** marketing campaign from Google to promote G+

Tailesin
10th August 2011, 13:12
I would think that only the PLA have got the computing power to even get close to doing this sort of thing. If it was saying "we will take the US servers down" then yeah maybe. The new DDoS tool they are claiming they have is supposed to be very clever (I'll find a post in a bit).

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/08/04/anon_develops_loic_ddos_alternative/

More like the US Gov or the Security firms they hit this year are coming back at them. Links to follow.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/02/07/anon_pwns_hbgary/

phillipbbg
10th August 2011, 13:26
Its actually quite clever , by publishing there intent and the day on which it is planned to happen, TPTB will start putting in all their defensive codes etc, patching facebook etc and by doing this they will expose all their methods of protection, so the an group will have been given good intel on the target.... knowledge is king in this biz...

The other thing is misdirection..... Mmmmm looks like it may be uglyfacebook soon... will be interested to see how this one unfolds..

Tailesin
10th August 2011, 14:01
phillipbbg,

While I can agree that knowledge in that sort of thing is power (as really it is in everything) it's just too big, yeah it will cause a panic and distract the FB users from the selling off of their information for a while. Its a hollow threat really. It's to make Anon look stupid, or they are stupid. Plus they "need" the FB user base for support on the Scientology protest side of things (if it still goes on), and the grass-roots support they will lose from a stunt like this is going to hurt them more. I could end up eating my words, but I don't see it. Just my humble opinon.

Kerrigan
10th August 2011, 14:44
Down with Facebook! It is used with facial recognition cameras to identify rioters in London. If they can use it for that, they can use it for anything. Possibilities are infinite in the hands of the government, and will be used against the people.

My last break up was horrible, and Facebook made it worst. It's been 1 year and a half, and I'm glad I'm Facebook CLEAN!

It develops habits of voyeurism and exhibitionism, high dependence and creates more social drama than IRL (in real life). I'm sure kids of my age see less their friends IRL because of FB.

DUmQf6rIB2w

I've got mixed signals from Anonymous. I just hope their are in the same team as mine. Let's see where they are going.

phillipbbg
10th August 2011, 14:49
phillipbbg,

While I can agree that knowledge in that sort of thing is power (as really it is in everything) it's just too big, yeah it will cause a panic and distract the FB users from the selling off of their information for a while. Its a hollow threat really. It's to make Anon look stupid, or they are stupid. Plus they "need" the FB user base for support on the Scientology protest side of things (if it still goes on), and the grass-roots support they will lose from a stunt like this is going to hurt them more. I could end up eating my words, but I don't see it. Just my humble opinon.

I tend to agree with you in many ways... but IMO I think they are playing scare tactics, sort of reversing the tide back the other way.... remember my last sentence about Misdirection... we shall see how they ramp up the fear campaign right up to the 5th

Camilo
10th August 2011, 14:54
So be it!.....Big deal!

NeverMind
10th August 2011, 16:23
I've got mixed signals from Anonymous. I just hope their are in the same team as mine. Let's see where they are going.

If your "team" is more or less the same as mine, then I doubt it. Very much.

They seem to be a bunch of cocky - therefore naive - youngsters on a power trip, that's all.
In my opinion, evidently.

New Dawn
10th August 2011, 16:45
Facebook is a horrible thing. I hope for the people's sake that this crap comes to an end one way or another. I don't care who had an egg for breakfast!

Peace of Mind
10th August 2011, 16:48
They should blow it up now…why wait? That site not only owns your pics and will do with them what they may, it also promotes narcissism. It makes people materialistic and self absorbed….also cowards, liars and cheats. I like the unity but if it’s not for a good cause then it’s just another distraction we really don't need. People are getting way too caught up in the PC world/Matrix and are totally oblivious to it.

As one great poet who was clearly ahead of his time once said “Don’t be a slave to the computer” Melle Mel in the song "Beat Street" 1984.

Peace

Lifebringer
10th August 2011, 16:49
Well then the governments that have politicians dropping the guilotine on workers necks, need to get the same traitorous solutions. So far only four penguins from Wall St have gone to jail, and if you think that was all who did it, then I've got a magic wand to sell you to make your life better.

The trust of the peoples of the world has finally been corrupted so badly, there is no belief in any of their financial banks, investment offices, or brokers. Funny that name is just what they will do to the worker. Break them by allowing so much credit, to survive they will have to harm others to keep their own.

Catch 22? You betcha!

No justice NO peace. Justice isn't just for property and land barons, justice is for ALL!! So why do the little people still go to jail when they commit a theft for food, and the government help has been cut so they can't live. NO jobs, just jail, won't work this time in this country. Debtors prison went out with the rule of Kings over the people, with nasty Dukes and others, taking more than they put in.

Revolution of peace will win, when the crooks are out the safe and safely put in jail for all the harm they have caused to millions of innocent people through "wars for resources."
The boardrooms are in our bedrooms, kitchen tables and our government houses.

Fire them ASAP and just start over. Change the laws where people in the positions of power that make the laws and destroy economies should have to live on the streets for the duration of their sentence and anyone caught helping the crooks sentenced, can join them on the streets, where they put so many millions of people at. Maybe justice of the people, can take place there and we won't have to worry about them doing it again.

10th August 2011, 16:51
Great news! Now maybe I can get some quality time with my kids...

Nyce555
10th August 2011, 16:52
I don't think it is going to happen, but I wish them luck. I don't have facebook/twitter. They are distractions and cause too many problems.

Lifebringer
10th August 2011, 16:58
I've been clean off Facebook since they started putting advertisers on my page without permission. If I wanted to have them on my page, I would have answered their e-mail when they tried to pay me to allow them on. They are nosey and occassionally come with virus when you say no. There was this guy named Ken on Huffington Post that had a ad on it for mercedes benz. Naturally during a recession, no one can afford a mercedes on a middle class income, so I clicked the "no" and the terd had the nerve to tell me, "you'll be sorry,' and a very nasty virus hit my computer.

I've been clean eversince and I spam every add that rudely infiltrates my pages on every site that is taking corporate consumer ads with motives of selling the information on the page.

Now all they have is a picture that has NO comments.
PS I also warned others of the games that Zuck allowed us to be facing. So now it's mostly like twitter where they talk of hope, solutions, and changes needed. However for every solution that doesn't yield a profit for the big boys, they sell the information.

I like my privacy and if leaving facebook and calling my children is the way to fight back, hell I'll do it with one hand tied behind my back.

Fight the powers that be.

Lifebringer
10th August 2011, 17:03
Now that's our generation slogan because we are from that age.

Lifebringer
10th August 2011, 17:10
A good poker player doesn't shout his hand while playing. So if they were really serious, they would keep it to themselves and take the credit later.

Tailesin
10th August 2011, 22:20
A good poker player doesn't shout his hand while playing. So if they were really serious, they would keep it to themselves and take the credit later.

That is a very good point, it's going to be interesting (from the very geeky side of me) to see how this one plays out.

Buck
10th August 2011, 23:27

depends on the game. Ever seen a bullfight?

RMorgan
10th August 2011, 23:39
Just got an e-mail. This operation is false. It´s not planned by Anonymous. Who ever did this video, is not part of the organization.

Bryn ap Gwilym
10th August 2011, 23:43
Not according to them they havn't

Is Anonymous unanimous on Facebook plot?
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-20090781-71/is-anonymous-unanimous-on-facebook-plot/

Positive Vibe Merchant
11th August 2011, 01:23
The way I see things is that Lulzsec and Anon are just herding and guiding tools for tpb.

You don't announce your capacity, or your intentions if you really are serious about bringing down the establishment. It is all a ruse.

Though I do believe that there are some within these organizations that believe in what they are doing, and are for the right reasons, but I can guarentee for every 100 people who are 'in' you will have at least 1 who has been bought in, either knowingly or otherwise who is an agent of tpb.

think about it.

PVM

DoubleHelix
11th August 2011, 02:22
Anonymous - Julian Assange - Wikileaks

All organisations/henchmen for the ruling elite. The evidence is there, just requires a little digging below the surface layers.

Purpose? Distraction & confusion.

Tailesin
11th August 2011, 11:56

depends on the game. Ever seen a bullfight?

Am gonna be chuckling about that one for a while - thanks!

Fred Steeves
11th August 2011, 13:22
What the heck, if our economies are being purposely taken down, then why not Facebook too? If this is the kind of party we're going to, then let's ALL lock arms and do it up right...

Cheers,
Fred

happyexpat
11th August 2011, 13:30
Here's my 2 cents. (Not that anybody particularly asked for it.)

Anonymous is secretly organised by a dissident subfaction of the dissident faction of the CIA that organised WikiLeaks. Just guessing. ;)

I don't actually think all government is evil. It's made up of humans just like Project Avalon and pretty much everything else on this planet. There are probably at least a few people within any given organisation that want to do the 'ethical' thing so to speak.

Tailesin
11th August 2011, 14:30
Ladies and Gentlemen of Avalon and this thread,

I would love to see this done (for a few reasons one of which is the geek in me saying "oh I wonder if it could be") and I know I might be a bit close to being boring and too normal as well, but it has to be a distraction, a ploy (form Google to get people to the G+ rubbish) or A.N.Other Agency/Company trying to weaken Anon's power base. Which is it's normal non-hacking support on Facebook Anon has and used when it first started going after the CofS, many moons ago......

Here is a link that basically says why it can't be done.

http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2009/10/13/facebook-now-has-30000-servers/

2009 - Facebook has 30,000 servers - my mind can't even work out how much processing power that is.

As I said I may end up eating my words - and its a great dream, but I think not......

NeverMind
12th August 2011, 00:11
An email from whom, if I may ask, RMorgan?

Maia Gabrial
12th August 2011, 00:23
Better still, EU the people that want to get out of Facebook, why don't they just change all their information on it to alot of bogus stuff? Change out pictures of themselves, family and friends? And then let it go....

Maia Gabrial
12th August 2011, 00:40
Glad I don't do Facebook....

Snoweagle
12th August 2011, 01:06
Am of the opinion that Anonymous are actually the elites security service that stand over all others. In the US and EU in recent times there has been an escalation in lobbying demands for ever increasing network security requiring all sorts of restrictions. The fact that Anonymous has such "fine" hacking abilities, implies to me that these are security contracted corporate agencies recruited by the same groups that provided us with 9/11, HAARP and all the other nasties in our world right now.

Tailesin
12th August 2011, 15:21
The TRUTH is out folks they are not going to hack Facebook
(they had a board meeting - oh now I'm starting to believe they are CIA)

Now for the bad news...................

They are going to make a record!!!!! (I kid you not!)

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/08/11/anonymous_music_chart_bid/