PDA

View Full Version : There is a context to London's riots that can't be ignored.

Omni connexae!
10th August 2011, 16:36
Man from Hackney hits the nail on the head:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zmo8DG1gno4

butcherman
10th August 2011, 22:35
spot on give him my vote

Butcherman

TWINCANS
10th August 2011, 23:40
More of this perspective needs to get out.
I woke up this morning thinking, what about getting all the kids who rioted with their parents. Sitting them down in Wembley Stadium with a bunch of mikes and someone who cares (like Tottenham FC's coach lol!) to lead a dialogue. Maybe some good would come out of it. Better than tossing them in juvey for a few months and back out to the streets and no hope.

TWINCANS
11th August 2011, 01:51
More of this perspective needs to get out.
I woke up this morning thinking, what about getting all the kids who rioted with their parents. Sitting them down in Wembley Stadium with a bunch of mikes and someone who cares (like Tottenham FC's coach lol!) to lead a dialogue. Maybe some good would come out of it. Better than tossing them in juvey for a few months and back out to the streets and no hope.

Harry could say something like "You don't have to love my football team to love my city. You don't have to love my city to love my country. Let's talk!

onawah
11th August 2011, 02:12
I found a movie while browsing on Netflix which I haven't watched yet, but which certainly looks like it would be relevant to the current situation. It was made in '82 and here is the description:"Tim Roth turns in a savage early performance as Trevor, a snarling, 16-year-old skinhead who articulates his scorn for authority at every opportunity -- even when the powers that be are trying hard to help him. Directed by iconoclast Alan Clarke as one of four dramas about the British educational system, the film provides a bleak look at a society that gave rise to the punk movement by valuing obedience over conscience.
These being the defining words: "a bleak look at a society that gave rise to the punk movement by valuing obedience over conscience."

Carmody
11th August 2011, 04:01
I personally feel that it is going to get far worse before it gets better. Maybe not today, but....

And if you are lucky and give everything you can and everything you have -into it.....it will go here:

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?27464-Iceland-s-On-going-Revolution

And you will need to, at that point, swear until your dying day and burn it into your children, that you will never relax your vigilance if there is breath in your body. For rust never sleeps, and it will be lurking in the background- always. Always looking for a chance a crack, a way, anything-anything at all. It will be like holding a giant rock up against gravity. Forever.

That is the price of freedom- a vigilance that never ends and never slows itself to sleep. always aware, always watching, never relaxing your guard. For that is what the rust does -it will never sleep. Someone broke ranks, someone fell asleep, someone got lazy, someone got tired. And it got in and started tearing this apart from the inside.

For example, the article on Iceland, in the link provided. It may still be shot down and/or apart. They will not let it stand - They can't afford to.

Iceland refuses to give into the financial blackmail.

Libya was looking to go to a gold back currency, IIRC.

Iran has it's Oil Bourse it is looking to expand.

NATO and what back them, is trying to kill all three.

Now it comes for the UK, pretending to be something else.

Just like it has with those three countries.

And like those three countries, the population of the UK is going to have to come to terms with that.

Like a man trying to gently talk a wild horse into accepting the bridle, that's what the last 50-60 years of UK history has accelerated toward and into. Other countries like the US are not far off from the same.

And when they think they can get away with it, meaning remote from the awareness of the citizens of the one given group of primary involvement, like the US, they use the hammer.

Here:

One of the most dangerous ideas of the 20th century was that "people like us" could not commit atrocities against civilians.

* German and Japanese citizens believed it, but their militaries slaughtered millions of people.
* British and French citizens believed it, but their militaries fought brutal colonial wars in Africa and Asia.
* Russian citizens believed it, but their armies murdered civilians in Afghanistan, Chechnya, and elsewhere.
* Israeli citizens believed it, but their army mowed down Palestinians and Lebanese.
* Arabs believed it, but suicide bombers and hijackers targeted U.S. and Israeli civilians.
* U.S. citizens believed it, but their military killed hundreds of thousands in Vietnam, Iraq, and elsewhere.

I mean that few people even understand that: ok..1 million people died around the Iraq invasion, regarding Bush Jr. What they don't know or have forgotten is that an embargo was in place before that. Clinton was directly involved. direct. On his watch that embargo killed 1 million Iraq's via slow starvation. So much for Bill Clinton and what backed him.

Just like NATO using the cover of the Norwegian bombing to break the water supply system in Libya, and put 5 million people out of water. In a desert country. Now ...tell me how these people, this control structure - is going to respond to a bit of rioting. A riot situation that they created and probably hoped for.

And now that the UK and US population is more difficult to fool, they use the stick. Falsified economic ruin, via fiat currency control. Fake financial disasters. Falsified news. And withheld technologies... that make all of this obsolete. Right now, your flow system, your methods of feeding and helping yourself, the social, cultural and life paths, structures, and methods is being purposely weakened. slowly, just below awareness of the public eye. If you do not understand that this exits, then it is going to be pretty darned impossible to attack, isn't it?

They must do it in hidden, quiet ways. Below the threshold of awareness.

As it has always been done, down through the centuries.

If you think that such beings or control structures will give up, without things getting FAR worse ---you are not thinking very clearly.

~~~~~~~~~~~

In effect, this rioting may slow and then bear some semblance to ending. maybe even a small bit of lip service to youths, or problem structures... but really, nothing will be done. On one hand it will be addressed in some fashion and another it will be business as usual. But likely some form of acceleration of the hidden hand.

And lurking in the background will be the 8000 ton gorilla in the above post. The hidden hand.

And like Iceland, if like them..you make it through the financial side of things..KEEP GOING, don't stop. The control group is deeper than that.

christian
11th August 2011, 06:01
From what I saw and heard, the mob in England is looting small businesses, stealing and burning cars, runs away with TVs, cigarettes, clothes and booze. That's not revolutionary, that's vulture behaviour, in league with what the bankers do.

And who believes the police cannot get the situation under control, they show their brutal force on every G20 summit etc. They're gonna let people become angry at each other, demanding more police (state) and they're gonna hit 'em hard.

SKIBADABOMSKI
11th August 2011, 06:37
It has to end soon because once a area has been done over then thats it. Next area. With hundreds of groups spread out this will be over in a few weeks. Might get bigger before then though. Next weekend will be rough. Football shouldn't be cancelled though. No shops in the grounds and everyone is easy to control and they aren't fighting each other. This is just the latest craze now. Looting. I can see where the excitement comes from. Not for me though

Just think though if this can be started from nothing then what about when they do start finding excuses...? real passion will get into the mix. Then it'll get crazy. They now know they can pretty much take over. They'll do it again.

vibrations
11th August 2011, 06:50
The sad thing is that this violence just give more power to TPTB, an excuse to become violent, to put pressure to anyone, so as I am glad that people are starting to wake up, I would prefer the Island way of things, or maybe all the bankers evacuated with a big boat direction Antarctica. The second boat (some big cruiser) would be for politicians. In every country, in every "democracy".
But in reality what we can do is raise the consciousness to the people around us, and tell them that all this riots have a bigger picture behind, that this is just a visible part of what the "everything to my pocket" policy has done to the people and that people with the firm decision not to follow any party, any mainstream media story, any official theory, just listening to their hearts and starting to behave friendly to everybody around, can change everything. remember, every political power is based in a support of the masses. Let's not be masses ourselves. Let's recognize we are all the same. This can unite us. No violence will help, just ignoring them, being free from inside out.

Davidallany
11th August 2011, 06:52
From what I saw and heard, the mob in England is looting small businesses, stealing and burning cars, runs away with TVs, cigarettes, clothes and booze. That's not revolutionary, that's vulture behaviour, in league with what the bankers do.
The same thing happened in Egypt, it turned out that the Egyptian government let loose of convicted criminals and undercover special police forces to loot and cause chaos, but the agents of TPTB helped the people in Egypt to discover what was going on.

Positive Vibe Merchant
11th August 2011, 07:55
if only there was cohesion and single direct focus to outlet this agressssion, frustration and anger that these people are feeling with the knowledge that they know who is responsible for the real issues in this world this situation would be redically different.

Davidallany
11th August 2011, 08:35
if only there was cohesion and single direct focus to outlet this agressssion, frustration and anger that these people are feeling with the knowledge that they know who is responsible for the real issues in this world this situation would be redically different.

People have been doped for thousands of years because
thoseguys have many tricks. The bigger the lie the more cover up is needed, made up
historic events, wars, ethnic segregation, economic problems, and other distractions. As long as one is connected to the source, not to the TV source, the truth will be revealed.

11th August 2011, 08:41
Quoting the man interviewed, this part encapsulates it he says these people have

"No Voice, No Future, No Leadership, this is what this is about"

The initial shooting was a catalyst that released poeple's anger towards a much larger and more fundamental problem beneath the surface. Everyone is becoming more consciously aware of the inequality and injustice of our goverment.

As the interviewee said, they fine us for drugs and the money goes to support their own illeagal operations and swell the banks and other hidden funds, instead of being returned back to the community to help the problems.

People know what's happening, they are awake and aware and if you are not educated or posh, sometimes the only way you can express things is emotionally and physically.

Robert J. Niewiadomski
11th August 2011, 10:12
Are the UK looters harming any financial institutions? Banks, insurance agents etc.

11th August 2011, 13:09
Are the UK looters harming any financial institutions? Banks, insurance agents etc.
Not that I'm aware of. Insurance companies just increase the premiums to cover their losses and banks up the interest. The losers are the small shops, businesses and private property owners who suffer the damages and losses from the looters, much of which is not covered by insurance. Ironically, they are destrying their own community facilities, but that only goes to demonstrate how incensed they are.

The biggest losers of all are the police and government who display their total lack of social awareness and connectivity with grass root issues. They lose credibility and respect not only from ethnic groups, but the public as a whole.

John Parslow
11th August 2011, 13:44
Hello Omni connexae

My congratulations go out to this unnamed man from Hackney - why do we even have a need for politicians when an ordinary chap on the street tells it like it is? I have been watching the debate in Parliament this morning and not one ‘so called’ politician has mentioned the root cause of the recent civil unrest. I don’t know who this man is but he would get my vote anytime …

Power to the ordinary man in the street!

Best regards and thank you for the link. JP :cool:

the trojan
11th August 2011, 14:12

they dont appear to be Robert,what they are doing is stealing items that they have been told have value,you know ,the rewards for working in society,new trainers,computer games,clothes ,big tellys and mobile phones.
Maybe some of them will be sitting looking at these items,and thinking ,'I dont feel any better or wiser or more powerful now that I have all these belongings..hhhmmmm"

Tailesin
11th August 2011, 15:27
(edit - just to cut it down a bit)
Maybe some of them will be sitting looking at these items,and thinking ,'I dont feel any better or wiser or more powerful now that I have all these belongings..hhhmmmm"

I hope some will be sitting there thinking that. I think some of them may be too young to understand (not looking to insult the youth intellect here but at 8 I suspect they don't). The interviewed guy makes very good arguments. Maybe it's not about one guy getting shot (or the many before him, armed and unarmed). The youth (although there were/are lots of people who I would not count in this group in it as well) are disaffected, have nothing to do but aspire to becoming "famous" for being famous! Which very very few will achieve. They don't see invention/science/art/spiritually/music (well the last one depends on your taste and view on modern music) as anything worth trying for. Yes there will always be people who will want to cause trouble, but I think on the whole the human race has not, or has not been allowed, to evolve to that stage yet where the "Startrek" or "Culture" (for want of a better expressions, and even those systems are not perfect) society is obtainable. More and more people are moving forward towards it, but I think unless we can take everyone and especially the youth of our nations with us we'll start to go backward. Perhaps that was the idea behind this.........

(sorry for the Scifi references)

Carmody
11th August 2011, 17:08

they don't appear to be Robert,what they are doing is stealing items that they have been told have value,you know ,the rewards for working in society,new trainers,computer games,clothes ,big tellys and mobile phones.
Maybe some of them will be sitting looking at these items,and thinking ,'I don't feel any better or wiser or more powerful now that I have all these belongings..hhhmmmm"

It happened before and it is starting again. Government confiscating (stealing) the people’s life savings. Just like in 1929 the British government began its theft of the people’s life savings just before the Great Depression. After an inflationary run-up in prices and asset values, the stock market crashed in 1929, and the economy soon went with the crash. This time the British government is disguising its outright theft by claiming the entire contents of safety deposit banks are owned by criminals and the contents are the proceeds of crimes.

In March of 2011 the British Prime Minister David Cameron ordered British police to execute Operation Rize - raid and seize the entire contents (art, gold ingots, gold dust, jewelery and cash) of nearly 7,000 safety deposit boxes from three vaults in London. The British government simply told Scotland Yard that the safety deposit boxes were used by criminals to store cash, guns and drugs.

The British government instructed the police to arrest anyone who went to the vaults to try and recover the contents of their safety deposit boxes. Those who protested the seizure of the contents of their safety deposit boxes were to be charged with various offenses including pedophilia, money-laundering, drug-dealing and firearms possession.

When word spread about the government raid and theft of the contents of their safety deposit boxes people rushed to the bank vaults. The police arrested 146 and charged 30 (those with the most cash and gold in their safety deposit boxes) with trumped up pedophilia, money-laundering, drug-dealing and firearms charges.

http://presscore.ca/2011/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/government-theft.jpg

http://presscore.ca/2011/?p=3598

KosmicKat
11th August 2011, 18:11
Is it isolated chance that "The Terrorist known as 'Vee'" has become such a widespread, and powerful symbol? It seems to me that the Wachowski Brothers' movie whispered in a lot of ears.

Lord Sidious
11th August 2011, 23:00
Now that they have discovered that the system can't deal with so much happening all around the place, their bluff has been called.
That is the beginning of the end for this system in england.
Once your caught bluffing, you are screwed.
And think about this too, if they arrested 2000 people, how would they process them?
They don't have the cells or courtrooms available.
The best police state is the one with very few police.

fifi
11th August 2011, 23:15
So glad to see your post again, Lord Sidious.

Mark
11th August 2011, 23:15
Excellent. So many people know this but don't have a microphone in front of them. Great discussion in this thread, also, although there seems to be the usual stereotypes cropping up as well, albeit in a less vociferous form than might be the case elsewhere, for which I am gratified. This will happen elsewhere. Soon.

Normalguy31
11th August 2011, 23:38
Crime only exists at the crossroads between those who have, and those who have not.-Malcom X

I have been at the bottom of bottoms, and I will say that if I was still there, and somethikg like this was happening in my town, I would be busting down doors.

Is it right? No. Being poor, and I mean poor, its impossible not to take something like this when an opportunity presents itself.

The real question is why wouldn't I do this now?

I got LUCKY and landed a decent job, and dont have to worry about not being able to provide for myself.

That's the whole point. Unemployment, due to a sh*tty economy, causes people to do these things, it gives them some kind of hope that they have not had yet, especially the youth with nothing to lose. That is my case in point they have nothing to lose.

jjjones
12th August 2011, 00:49
about time we the people wake up and stand up for our freedom and rights. the elite and law and order people are the ones who are out of control with their control tactics. Bravo to the Brits, Greeks, Egyptians, etc who are standing up to their elite ( same group controlling the world) ! people of the world need to tell the "control freaks" to take their control and fake money and debts and SHOVE them where the sun doesn't shine! NO MORE GAMES! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!! We can make it without them and their ponzi schemes and monopoly game and FEAR TACTICS. It won't be easy but nothing is impossible if you have a deep desire to do something and not to give up no matter how hard. my parents taught me that where there is a will, there is a way. Many times i have seen that saying come to fruition. it is plain and simple, people want their freedom and NOT to be controlled. namaste, love and peace to All.

Tailesin
12th August 2011, 15:28
about time we the people wake up and stand up for our freedom and rights. the elite and law and order people are the ones who are out of control with their control tactics. Bravo to the Brits, Greeks, Egyptians, etc who are standing up to their elite ( same group controlling the world) ! people of the world need to tell the "control freaks" to take their control and fake money and debts and SHOVE them where the sun doesn't shine! NO MORE GAMES! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!! We can make it without them and their ponzi schemes and monopoly game and FEAR TACTICS. It won't be easy but nothing is impossible if you have a deep desire to do something and not to give up no matter how hard. my parents taught me that where there is a will, there is a way. Many times i have seen that saying come to fruition. it is plain and simple, people want their freedom and NOT to be controlled. namaste, love and peace to All.

I would agree with you had they just hit big (non tax paying) business and Government, but why oh why the small people who just try and work and make a living, the homes destroyed, the people killed (4 so far - including one 65 year old who was just putting a fire out that was threatening to burn down his house). I mean sorry, but that's not Love and Peace to all is it?