PDA

View Full Version : Helen Thomas ends White House career amid uproar.

MargueriteBee
7th June 2010, 21:57
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100607/ap_on_bi_ge/us_helen_thomas

Her retirement was set in motion by a website, rabbilive.com, that relaunched only last week after having previously existed to beam religious services to military personnel in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Rabbi David Nesenoff, an independent filmmaker from Long Island who runs the website, said he approached Thomas outside the White House after being there for Jewish Heritage Day on May 27. He said he was there with his teenage son and a friend, who were both wearing yarmulkes, and approached Thomas to talk.

He asked whether she had any comments on Israel. "Tell them to get the hell out of Palestine," she replied.

"Remember, these people are occupied and it's their land. It's not Germany, it's not Poland," she continued. Asked where they should go, she answered, "They should go home."

"Where's home?" Nesenoff asked.

"Poland, Germany and America and everywhere else," Thomas replied.

Thomas had been scheduled to speak at the June 14 graduation of Walt Whitman High School in the Washington suburb of Bethesda, Md., but Principal Alan Goodwin wrote in a Sunday e-mail to students and parents that she was being replaced.
---
Isn't that typical? Say one word against Isreal and "you're out of a job".

bluestflame
8th June 2010, 06:30
wondering out aloud how many other religious groups have laws preventing people from speaking out against thier actions or asking interesting questions

LindyLou22
12th June 2010, 06:33
I'll really miss Helen Thomas. A few years ago there was a Media Reform conference in Memphis, and she was absolutely the star! I'm sure there are a lot of wimpy "journalists" who are immensely gratified by having this great lady seemingly shamed. The actual conversation as posted above certainly isn't anything like the story that's being circulated -- that is, that HT came right out and just said the Jews ought to all go back to Poland and Germany.

Moemers
12th June 2010, 06:39
What's sad isn't the questioning of policies that Thomas chose to argue with, it's what the media are actually talking about...which is who is going to take her front row seat.

Sarahmay
12th June 2010, 17:03
Out of the mouths of babes...and old people. I agree with you Helen!

Operator
12th June 2010, 17:15
Readers of this thread maybe interested in a set of 5 videos that I stumbled upon this morning: Iraqi-American Peace Activist Dahlia S. Wasfi, M.D. (http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=850411F7F9E56389)

Another courageous woman that speaks out and seems to be 'right on the ball'