PDA

View Full Version : Awakening

starsha
12th August 2011, 14:06
Hello everyone,

The subject of awakening has been enthralling to me since i was 16. How about you? Do you think of it in terms of a before and after? Or a continuum of constant evolving and deepening, expanding and unfolding?

What is awakening to you, what does it mean to you, and how has your personal experience with it been?

I am hoping this thread will also help me to get to know each of you a little better, i have been feeling a 'deepening' in my own process since i joined here, and am happy to be part of a group like this. (I have been having a lot of lucid and vivid dreams since i came aboard here for example) :)

WhiteFeather
12th August 2011, 14:34
My awakening includes these subjects. Astronomy, Researching Ancient Civilizations (Egypt,Atlantis,Sumeria etc.), Meditation, Becoming A Vegetarian, Connecting To Nature, Ascension, Native American Indians, UFO's,Paranormal, Hollistic Medicine, Reiki. Maybe i was a shaman in my previous incarnation, or a myan. Enjoy the ride on your awakening my friend it takes you on an interesting journey. My family thinks im strange, they are still pugged into this matrix system. Maybe they will awaken soon.

*No chemtrails in the past few days in NY. Awesome clear night sky last night, many many stars. It was Bliss. This weekend im sure they are gonna spray, Its Going to rain on sunday and monday, gotta go and get my mask ready. LoL

starsha
12th August 2011, 14:43
thanks for sharing that White feather :)

I love shamanism too. And everything else you listed. :)

I think the greatest gift you can give your family is your own awakening. When people start to wonder why you are so darn peaceful, it inspires them to get curious about their own life. IMO

WhiteFeather
12th August 2011, 15:13
You can lead a horse to water, and maybe just maybe they will take a sip.

starsha
12th August 2011, 15:17
yeah, exactly :)

Jayke
12th August 2011, 19:11
awakening for me was like staying at home on a bright summers day but staying inside with all the windows shut and drapes closed blocking out all the light...every now and then you'd hear a knock at the door, the kind of knock that you ignore because you're too busy watching tv or having a drink with friends...

but then, at some point you hear a crash and the whole room shakes, you walk over and peek out the drapes but then it gets brushed off as you imagine it's just passing car or whatever, nothing too important so you just sit back over on the couch watching tv once again...as time passes though you start to hear more and more noise rumbling from outside until it reaches the point where you feel a window crack and you walk over and fling open the drapes just to figure out what the hells going on...and as you do so you allow all that light to enter the room, you begin to feel bathed in the warmth of that sunlight...transformed, refreshed, enlivened and you feel compelled to push the windows wide open and breathe in the fresh air from outside.

As you step out of your cage you realise that there's so much more to the world than what you previously dreamed could be possible and you feel in awe of all the beauty, love and grace that surrounds you. Exploring this new world is where the real journey begins and there's so many hills to walk, mountains to climb and paths to explore that you feel bewildered at first but before long the wilderness parts and you begin to see a path that opens up in front you guiding the way along a wonderfully alluring adventure.

starsha
13th August 2011, 00:15
That's a perfect description Jayke,

it reminds me of a time when i shared a similar analogy with a friend right before a flight home. i said the feeling was like being separated from an amusement park with a chain link fence. The feeling is like wanting to go inside but not being able to figure out how to open the gate. Standing on the outside of the fence you start to imagine what it might be like in there, and maybe even imagine that the big rides are scary and become afraid of them.

After some time a woman approaches the fence from inside the park, she notices you standing there and comes along to show you that there is a door right in front of you. It was sort of disguised because the seam of the door edge blended so well with the fence it was hard to see. She shows you how to reach through the holes in the chain link, and open the latch from the inside. You figure out (with a little bit of difficulty) how to unlatch the door, and it swings open. You are now able to freely walk into the park, no longer being separated from it by the fence. You walk freely and excitedly up to the rides, you are finally able to experience it all directly, the sounds are louder, the sights look brilliant up close and without the film of the fence buffering your view, you can taste the air and feel and touch everything directly.

The ideas you had developed about the park start to fade in the back ground, being no longer relevant to you. You also realize that the notions you had about some of the scary rides were a bit off, they just appeared to be scary from where you were standing, but now that you are riding them, you realize that they are actually quite fun.

The interesting part is that once i got on the plane after telling that story i noticed that the man sitting in front of me was reading a paper, and on the page he was looking at was a large photo of a man standing in the inside of a chin link fence beside an amusement park. I thought it was an eerie synchronicity, the kind that gives me chills. :)

Jayke
13th August 2011, 07:02
I do love it when the universe works with you to help wake people up, happened to me just the the other day and it does give you a warm sense of the chills running up your spine, knowing the universe has got your back can be quite heartwarming...

I went to pay my mum a visit on wednesday morning and she was sat watching the news getting all angry at the people involved in the rioting and I couldn't help but laugh at what was going on, being in an angry state my laughter turned her anger towards me 'you don't condone what these people are doing do you?' she said in a nasty tone. 'Condone' I laughed...'who am I to condone anything, I'd rather just understand why people feel the need to act like this rather than pass judgement on them for doing it'. We got into a heated debate that ended with my mum saying 'people need to start taking responsibility for the environment they live in!'...again I laughed at this, what a great opportunity to help wake someone up I thought...'so if it wasn't for these riots how many people do you think would actually be thinking in terms of taking responsibility for their environment rather than just coming home, putting their feet up and shutting themselves off from the world we live in by watching their favourite soaps on TV all night, surely it's a good thing if it's genuinely making people pay attention to what it really means to be truly responsible in their lives don't you think?'

I went on to tell her about the Mayan calender ending this year and how it's supposed to bring in a new kind of unity consciousness, I told her to pay attention to what happens after the riots and how the rest of the population reacts and comes together to help clean things up afterwards...literally 5 seconds after I said this a news report came on the TV saying 'thousands of people in the London area organising through twitter have banded together to help clean up the streets following the devastation left behind by the rioters'...

'wow' I thought, 'thanks for having my back their universe, great timing'...i looked at my mum and she just sank back into her chair, then got up and walked out the room, I could see her trying to resist what just happened but when she came back in the room all the anger had gone, a smile returned to her face and she completely changed the subject almost as if the anger she'd previously felt had been completely erased from her awareness...a moment of awakening for her perhaps, will be interesting to see if she can use it to help pull back the drapes and take a deeper and longer look at all the beautiful sunlight coming from outside.

starsha
13th August 2011, 14:27
..literally 5 seconds after I said this a news report came on the TV saying 'thousands of people in the London area organising through twitter have banded together to help clean up the streets following the devastation left behind by the rioters'...

'wow' I thought, 'thanks for having my back their universe, great timing'...i looked at my mum and she just sank back into her chair, then got up and walked out the room, I could see her trying to resist what just happened but when she came back in the room all the anger had gone, a smile returned to her face and she completely changed the subject almost as if the anger she'd previously felt had been completely erased from her awareness...a moment of awakening for her perhaps, will be interesting to see if she can use it to help pull back the drapes and take a deeper and longer look at all the beautiful sunlight coming from outside.

wow that gave me chills too, awesome. :)

i do find it interesting though, this thing about anger. I have noticed that it is a common reaction to recent world events, and i have to wonder if anger, as just pure raw frequency is just strength. Maybe that is the energy we need to embrace in order to bring about change. Not as a blind reaction or unconscious fear based action, but as embracing the feeling as frequency, and using it as a catalyst for change through conscious and aware moment to moment choice.

I have been musing about this lately and sharing it with a friend, the other day she came over to share with me that while her kids were watching the show 'Matilda' she happened to walk in the room at the exact moment where Matilda figured out that she needed to feel angry in order for her powers to work. hmmmmmmm :)

I have also been musing about alchemy and how it works with frequency. When you strip everything 'negative' about anger away, what is left? It's a pretty powerful force, in my view, and can be used by conscious people in a positive way to unify the planet and bring about positive change.

Jayke
13th August 2011, 15:46
Great discernment their starsha, you're right of course. Alchemy is one of those things I draw a lot of inspiration from...in hypnotherapy we're taught that anger is the fuel that helps us support and protect our boundaries. When someone crosses the line anger is released like gasoline being injected into a turbo charger engine, which helps us find the strength to push that person or thing back over the line so that we can feel secure again.

Problems with anger arise though like you say when people have a distorted or unconscious set of boundaries, which comes from never really reflecting on what their deepest values are in life, never really contemplating what's truly important for them to feel fully human in the world...as a result anger is triggered unconsciously at seemingly random events and they don't understand why so they don't know how to focus and direct that energy to bring about change.

Without knowing how to direct anger properly it just burns us up and stresses us out. One of the goals in hypnosis is to help people define their boundaries and be able to express them clearly to others so that they can gain conscious control over this turbo powered inner strength. I find it funny how alchemists of old called themselves 'dragons', when you learn how to harness this energy it does feel a lot like you're breathing fire, definitely a very powerful force and feels alot like you've unlocked some kind of new spiritual superpower. :)

Omni connexae!
13th August 2011, 17:51
What is awakening to you, what does it mean to you

Finding, accepting and building upon the Truth (what 'is') with the united balance and cooperation of Mind-Body-Emotion. (Thoughts-Actions-Feelings)

strevane
13th August 2011, 19:41
I now accept 'Awakening' as becoming aware of how and what things really are, the basis of my 'reality', since nothing is as it appears. And this lead me to "then who and/or what am I?".

celinium
13th August 2011, 19:54
Je voudrai savoir si je dois ecrire en englais ou si la traduction est suffisante ?:confused:

celinium
13th August 2011, 20:00
Awakening, for me , it's love ! before the awakening , I was like a blind person ! now ,my world look more clear but it's the begening ! :o

phillipbbg
13th August 2011, 20:02
My awakening has come from reflecting on memories that I had not understood at the time of there creation.... when I think about certain moments in my life I have come to realise that each has been a small vital piece of my awakening.....

Now when I walk amongst people I see all in different ways, it is interesting that some see me looking and gently smile in acknowledgement, and thus become another confirmation of my awakening.

I believe I am not truly awake but each day teaches me so much.

Omni connexae!
13th August 2011, 20:02
delete..wrong post

scanner
13th August 2011, 20:05
In simple terms , a complete rewireing of the way I thought and think . Do not under any circumstances think others wireing will be like your own rewire , some close, but others as far away as can be . This will include loved ones:sad: .

Midnight Rambler
13th August 2011, 20:20
Awakening... or a different approach to reality.

Here is what I think I know:

I have a purpose as a being, focussing on positivity, Love and true knowledge. To develop myself and my reality gives me my power back.

With this power comes a real responsibility to only use it with good intent. Because only with loving intentions do I grow.

starsha
13th August 2011, 20:26
I find it funny how alchemists of old called themselves 'dragons', when you learn how to harness this energy it does feel a lot like you're breathing fire, definitely a very powerful force and feels alot like you've unlocked some kind of new spiritual superpower. :)

I find that very interesting actually Jayke, i was just writing this morning about the alchemy of anger, and i describe the process of the anger being a fire breathing dragon, and shape shifting into a powerful mythical benevolent beast. Another fun synchronicity for the day. :)

¤=[Post Update]=¤

In simple terms , a complete rewireing of the way I thought and think . Do not under any circumstances think others wireing will be like your own rewire , some close, but others as far away as can be . This will include loved ones:sad: .

i love this, and totally resonate. I think it's true that to compare your process with someone else or to try and force it to look like someones else's process is going to take you further away from your own unique unfolding. To me there is just so much beauty in uniqueness :)

Mark
13th August 2011, 20:28
I've always been different since I have been very small. Being physically different from most in my environment I suppose allowed me to observe society and people from an outsider's perspective. Add to that my experiences with sleep paralysis, OOBEs, encounters of different kinds, and my life, I think, has been a process of ever-deepening awareness and understanding. An awakening that I feel started very early in life, as far as the realization that this world cannot be all there is to it and that there was more going on than met the eye. As an adult, my presence has seemed to help others awaken as I have increased my knowledge by what seems to be more like a process of "remembering" than "awakening". As the shift continues and the wave approaches, the crest seems to almost be here, but even after it arrives, I feel our shared awakening will continue. I'm not certain how it will manifest in physicality although I am quite aware of what people say. Somehow, I don't think it's going to be anything like what anybody says. But the awakening will continue.

ZuLiZ
14th August 2011, 01:02
Matilda is one of my favourite "kids" movies!! There is a lot to be learned from that movie about love, compassion, kindness and of course anger and how it can be directed towards shifting energies around something. My husband is a healer and he can channel too. However, he doesn't really like to channel, he prefers civil conversations with his guides and doesn't really let them in, but when he loses his temper over some injustice or other, woosh.... in they come with a force of total greatness and honesty. It is something that we have all noticed and have no explanation for except that anger is such a great force of emotion .... yes indeed Jayke ... turbo charged!!

In terms of my Awakening it has been an amazing journey so far and I'm learning so much along the way. My practices are daily meditation (sometimes 2x if work permits), being a vegetarian (but still eating fish 1x week), journalling appreciation for my life and this wonderful world we live in, teaching small children (or rather them teaching me???!!!), not watching TV news (but still occasionally watching interesting programs), looking for alternative media via the internet, loving Inelia and her messages, and trying very very much each day to live from my heart, to think kind thoughts and ways to make this home of ours a better place to live.

Carmen
14th August 2011, 03:02
Awakening to me is like the stairway to Heaven, the steps getting wider and deeper as I go. Each step attained opens up another vista, expansion, realization. Each step is more freeing that the last. Sometimes its like sitting on a grassy hill and looking down on the valley of humanity. Ive been there, lived there, but don't wish to again. I need to keep climbing.

Tenzin
14th August 2011, 09:15
I will let Max Igan explain it :)

9wUCTS_aTfY

Someoneson1
14th August 2011, 12:26
My awakening came in 2002 x-mas. I was running from a recent break-up and found my self without friends or family on the streets of Vancouver smoking crack. This wasn't a regular thing but it was happening enough that I knew I was in trouble.

Laying in bed one night depressed with my current position I suprised my self (and I'm sure my house mates) when I yelled "I JUST WANT SOMEONE TO LOVE ME" little did I know at the time that this was the catalyst for the change I was about to receive. And two days later on the street corner I met some ppl that would allow for a safe haven in the mountains where began an incredible 14 day adventure that would; "after many years of willingness and questioning" bring me to the the most astounding and complete understanding of the nature of form or shadow And reveal light that I have ever heard or seen.

Those 14 days were astounding as I was in direct communication with ??? Love. The communication opened with a pressure on my forehead and upper abdomen and became vocal and after a few days of this I asked for the pressure back because I was going to lose my mind.

Wow what incentive to accept nothing less than perfection.

I still listen and am learning but with patience now as guilt is less and mistakes are welcomed.

Great post. Thank you

Bare Feet & Quiet Heart
14th August 2011, 13:52
I don't think I'm fully awakened because every day gives me new insight and clues to what I need and who I am becoming.

I'm a perpetual work in progress.

One thing I'm sure of: I can never go back and be who I was before I discovered the books, the ideas, the new realities, the people - the experiences I've had because of them.

I suppose this is my greatest awakening of all: the fact I'll never be done.

starsha
15th August 2011, 18:09
woosh.... in they come with a force of total greatness and honesty. It is something that we have all noticed and have no explanation for except that anger is such a great force of emotion .... yes indeed Jayke ... turbo charged!!

it is a great force ... i think the key is to not go into fear or blind reaction, and just let the force move through you consciously ... at least that is what i have been playing with. If i go into fear or reisistance then it is more likely that i will go into a blind reaction with it, and that is never good. :)

¤=[Post Update]=¤

I will let Max Igan explain it :)

9wUCTS_aTfY

wow, great video, thank you ... i will pass this one on :)

starsha
15th August 2011, 18:13
I don't think I'm fully awakened because every day gives me new insight and clues to what I need and who I am becoming.

I'm a perpetual work in progress.

One thing I'm sure of: I can never go back and be who I was before I discovered the books, the ideas, the new realities, the people - the experiences I've had because of them.

I suppose this is my greatest awakening of all: the fact I'll never be done.

a friend of mine always says that when you get to the point where awakening is no longer a big deal, you are doing really well. :-)

i know for me that i went through a stage of thinking 'oh my god, i've got it!' only to be humbled over and over. Now i feel there is much wisdom in not knowing, and just letting the 'becoming' unfold on it's own ... and i am getting more and more comfortable there by the day. I loved your post bare feet. :)