PDA

View Full Version : The Fluoride Deception

Barron
8th June 2010, 01:22
Book review here:

Concerns over fluoridated drinking water have long been derided as the obsession of McCarthyite cranks. But this muckraking j’accuse asserts that fluoride is indeed a dire threat to public health, one foisted upon the nation by a vast conspiracy—not of Communist agents, but of our
very own military-industrial complex. Investigative reporter Bryson
revisits the decades-long controversy, drawing on mountains of
scientific studies, some unearthed from secret archives of government
and corporate laboratories, to question the effects of fluoride and the
motives of its leading advocates. The efficacy of fluoridated drinking
water in preventing tooth decay, he contends, is dubious. Fluoride in
its many forms may be one of the most toxic of industrial pollutants,
and Bryson cites scientific analyses linking fluoridated drinking water
to bone deformities, hyperactivity and a host of other complaints. The
post-war campaign to fluoridate drinking water, he claims, was less a
public health innovation than a public relations ploy sponsored by
industrial users of fluoride—including the government’s nuclear weapons
program. Legendary spin doctors like Edward Bernays exploited the
tenuous link between dental hygiene and fluoridation to create markets
to stimulate fluoride production and to prove the innocuousness of
fluoride compounds, thereby heading off lawsuits by factory workers and
others poisoned by industrial fluoride pollution. Bryson marshals an
impressive amount of research to demonstrate fluoride’s harmfulness, the
ties between leading fluoride researchers and the corporations who
funded and benefited from their research, and what he says is the
duplicity with which fluoridation was sold to the people. The result is a
compelling challenge to the reigning dental orthodoxy, which should
provoke renewed scientific scrutiny and public debate.

“It is my sincere hope that Christopher Bryson’s apparently thorough and comprehensive perusal of the scientific literature on the biological actions of fluoride and the ensuing debates through the years will receive the attention it deserves and that its implications will
be seriously considered.”—Arvid Carlsson, winner of the 2000 Nobel Prize
in Medicine

“The Fluoride Deception reads like a whodunit. . . .We are left with compelling evidence that powerful interests with high financial stakes have colluded to prematurely close
honest discussion and investigation into fluoride toxicity.”—Chemical
& Engineering News

“Previous authors have presented the idea of a deception, if not an outright conspiracy, involving fluoride. What makes Bryson’s book unique is that it is an up-to-date account
supported by indisputable new evidence in the form of declassified
correspondence and exhumation of buried studies.”—Fluoride

“As with landmark titles, such as Silent Spring, Bryson’s book is bound to become a seminal volume.”—British Columbia Naturopathic
Association

With the narrative punch of Jonathan Harr’s A Civil Action and the commitment to environmental truth-telling of Erin Brockovich, The Fluoride Deception leads us on a terrifying
journey through the history of the industrial use of fluoride, a
chemical substance that has risen steadily in status from a deadly
environmental pollutant responsible for injuring thousands to a key
component in the development of the atomic bomb to a staple ingredient
in toothpaste and drinking water all across the United States.

Christopher Bryson is an award-winning investigative reporter and television producer. After reporting on Guatemalan Army human rights abuses from
Central America in the late 1980s for the BBC World Service, National
Public Radio, and The Atlanta Constitution, he then won a George
Polk Award as part of the Jonathan Kwitny investigative team on public
television’s The Kwitny Report.

Ross
8th June 2010, 02:20
Thanks Barron...a wee step towards the truth of fluoride...

Peace

Barron
8th June 2010, 08:57
Thanks Barron...a wee step towards the truth of fluoride...

Peace

You are most welcome. For those wanting to know more about Fluoride the most comprehensive site i have found is http://fluoridealert.org/ and if you are from New Zealand the "sister" site is http://www.fannz.org.nz/

morguana
8th June 2010, 09:20
we are lucky that our water comes from the springs on the downs (hills) and that it is not fluoridated. a very simple answere to this problem is for people to lobby and boycott their water companies as well as the local council. if everyone rose up with one voice and said enough then they would be forced to stop putting fluoide in the water suply. we may feel that we are slaves to big corporatios and finance, but really those that hold the purse strings are the ones in control, we just need to remember this.

tone3jaguar
8th June 2010, 11:26
I drank mass quantities of it in unfiltered tap water when I was a kid. It damaged my ability to produce testosterone to the point to where I am now on hormone replacement. The hormone replacement is working well because I am using a homeopathic bioidentical source for the testosterone. But hey look on the bright side, I have never had a cavity. For at least a decade I struggled with chronic fatigue and depression and never understood why until I got my testosterone levels tested. At the age of 33, without the replacement therapy my levels hover right at about where they should be naturally for a 70 year old man.

I have no doubt that the flouride in th water was the culprit. Even with all of the agricultural pesticides I have had limited exposure to, flouride is the only smoking gun.

Ailith
8th June 2010, 11:44
I live in Puerto Rico and the story of Fluoride here is interesting...in the early 50's they tried to get this poison added to the water and they declined. Whether they knew what they were doing or not I do not know but I like to think it was because "someone" here knew better. Then in 2003 they tried to get it dumped in the water here again...the story is they could not afford such a wonderful luxury. So far no Fluoride here and guess what...the Puerto Rican people are much better and safer without it. I am sure TPTB feel, oh the poor underprivilaged folks in Puerto Rico...how can we help them get this wonderful poison into their water. Over my dead body.

Barron
8th June 2010, 21:44
we are lucky that our water comes from the springs on the downs (hills) and that it is not fluoridated. a very simple answere to this problem is for people to lobby and boycott their water companies as well as the local council. if everyone rose up with one voice and said enough then they would be forced to stop putting fluoide in the water suply. we may feel that we are slaves to big corporatios and finance, but really those that hold the purse strings are the ones in control, we just need to remember this.

Hi Morguana

I couldn't agree more! In fact here in New Zealand "people power" won out up Northland:
After a controversial two year trial in Kaitaia and Kaikohe, both towns have voted against continuing adding fluoride to the water supply
http://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/article.aspx?id=114723&fm=newsmain,nrhl

In Auckland, our largest city, the various councils all fluoridate the water. Later this year, all the smaller city councils are to become one large "supercity" and once the dust has settled down from that there are a few of us that will educate the public and lobby the councillors and much much more! We will overturn this barbaric poisoning and mass medicating of 1.4 million people, it will take a lot of effort and some time but we WILL win!

Cheers
Barron

Frederick Jackson
18th February 2014, 03:41
Be careful Alith. Are you sure the table salt has not been fluoridated? The table salt in all of Latin America is fluoridated, and believe this may be responsible for sugar cane field workers' kidney failure, as I have posted in the Mexico group and elsewhere.

Frederick Jackson
18th February 2014, 03:45
Barron, you are aware, yes, of the NZ study that was turned on its head by the fluoride powers that be? It was a study of two towns, one a control. As the study was nearing completion it was clear that the fluoridation was doing nothing good by the way of preventing dental carries compared to the control group, and so the study methodology was changed at the very end to confuse the issue.