PDA

View Full Version : The Whistleblower

VajraYaya
12th August 2011, 23:56
Hi All..

Starting today in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Chicago, DC, San Francisco and San Diego is "The Whistleblower"

This is an excellent film produced by a friend. Shot in Romania in 2009, starring Rachel Weiss, Monica Bellucci and Vanessa Redgrave, it tells the story of a woman police officer who goes on a UN peacekeeping mission in Bosnia. While there learns about the trafficking of women and when she tries to intervene finds out just how involved the UN and many others are in keeping this quiet.

Synopsis from the website:

Inspired by actual events, Kathy (Academy AwardŽ winner Rachel Weisz) is an American police officer who takes a job working as a peacekeeper in post-war Bosnia. Her expectations of helping to rebuild a devastated country are dashed when she uncovers a dangerous reality of corruption, cover-up and intrigue amid a world of private contractors and multinational diplomatic doubletalk. Directed by first time filmmaker Larysa Kondracki, the film also stars Academy Award winner Vanessa Redgrave, Monica Bellucci and Academy Award nominee David Strathairn.

I have not yet seen it myself but I have read the script. I highly recommend everyone see this film and recommend it to everyone they know. This is the kind of story that we all talk about in places like this but the producers, writer, director, financiers and distriibutors have all had the courage to bring to the wider world. Please support films like this and those that make them to encourage more widely released storytelling of this nature and at this scale.

Having witnessed similar situations myself in my travels, this film is a good way to open people's eyes to what the UN is REALLY about.

Find out more and watch the trailer here:

http://www.thewhistleblower-movie.com/

Kerrigan
13th August 2011, 00:07
Here's the preview

al3anBiHwmI