PDA

View Full Version : Rethinking Everything.... do what you love, love what you do

edina
16th August 2011, 12:54
Happy day to all, today is the first day of the rest of my life.... Happy me... :)
I've decided the theme for my new year is Rethink Everything.... ought to be an interesting year, eh. Full of explorations and discoveries.

The link to this website is for a conference that showed up in my In box recently... sponsored by the wonderful folks at Touch the Future.
(http://www.ttfuture.org/)
I loved it so much I wanted to share this with all my friends here in Avalon.

This conference is in a few weeks, however, the info linked from this website may be interesting to any one interested in education, the future and how to think outside the box.

I'll be posting bits and pcs of fun, cool, and informative info from this site over the next few weeks, please feel free to enjoy... have fun exploring new possibilities, together.

Feel free to post here what is meaningful to you, from this website, or anything related.

This comes from what is linked a side box as learning from kids....

Rethinking Everything... do what you love, and love what you do
(http://www.rethinkingeverything.net/)
TOP 10 THINGS MY CHILDREN TAUGHT ME
(or - How to ensure a LONG and STRONG relationship with your Kids)

#10 Drop your assumptions that you know whats best for them.
#9 Facilitate, but don't meddle.
#8 Hold off on giving your opinion while you're feeling a negative response.
#7 Only use time-outs on yourself.
#6 Allow them room to fix their own situations. Of course, you can suggest what you might do for
yourself if it was you in their shoes. But don't fix it for them.
#5 Don't get too enamored with or emotionally invested in what YOU see as your childs talents and gifts.
#4 LISTEN and learn. Get to know your kids, and marvel when they show you new ways to see things.
#3 Wean yourself from any self-imposed schedule addiction.
Experience the guilt-free pleasure of living with flexibility, inspiration and openness.
#2 Respect your child's ideas, judgment and inherent wisdom.
You can only do that when you respect your own ideas, judgment and inherent wisdom.
#1 The #1 thing I learned from my kids:
In any situation, how would I respond if this was my best (adult) friend?

PurpleLama
16th August 2011, 22:04
thank you!

edina
16th August 2011, 22:23
I wonder, of the ten things the woman who wrote the above list learned from her kids, which one makes you smile?

sandy
17th August 2011, 05:21
Thanks Edina,

Number 8 was my stumbling block. I have learned, now I do personal time outs even though my only kid is now a grown man with kids. I have Beautiful Granddaughters that I have no problem communicating with as if this they were my best friends :)