PDA

View Full Version : Responsiblity

greybeard
10th June 2010, 12:48
I think a debate on this subject might be enlightening and uplifting.
This forum is visited by thousands of people so we are not just having a conversation with friends though we are.

This Forum is a community dedicated to sharing information and resources in difficult but exciting times.

For me responsibility means I am mature enough to realize that there are consequences for everything I say and do.

So I have a choice to make when I post.
Am I being positive and uplifting?
Can I offer a solution, share an idea.

Freedom of speech brings responsibilities.
Is that freedom respected and honored?

The biggest threat to freedom is Relativism.
The politically correct has wreaked havoc in the Western world.
It has promoted fear and supposedly expressed all that is good and fair but in reality it does the opposite. if you disagree with Politically correct you get vilified, labeled uncaring, unsympathetic and much worse, an enemy of freedom.
Those who do not support our best interest can use free speech as a weapon against
us.
They depersonalize by giving the enemy a name The great Satan for example.
One culture is not the same as another.
In some countries women are seen as slaves
A woman can even be jailed because she got raped.
That is the mind set there I cant impose my mind set there much as I would like to.
A person can live on benefits here while planning suicide bombing.
The fairness of our society is that he or she if caught will get a trial paid for by the people who are the Great Satan. They can rant about us but we dare not say a word against their belief.
In America Revelatism has reduced Christmas to a comercial event where they darent mention Christ too loudly in case the other religions get upset.
These people laugh at our freedom of speech and use it freely, you cant do that in their country of origin.
I feel we have a responsibility to inform to support positive change but not the right to impose our culture on others.
it really not that long since women got the vote in UK
Its not that long since the civil war in America.
We cant expect the rest of the world to get it instantly though we can negotiate for it point out the benefits.
All this takes responsible action, head coming from heart.

All comments obviously welcome.

Chris

Anchor
10th June 2010, 12:55
My daily manifestation mantra has responsibility as a key element

"I live in a world where each person takes full responsibility for each of thier thoughts, actions, words and deeds..."

It goes on, but that is the first line.

I see a limit on our progress that cannot be passed until we are intellectually and consciously aware that we are one, and that everything we do affects us all of us and that we are indeed responsible in a profound way for everything.

Thanks for this thread

John..

illuminate
10th June 2010, 13:01
"I live in a world where each person takes full responsibility for each thought, action, word and deed..."

Very nice John!
I can not wait until this is true for every loving being!!!
Excellent thread Chris!

With Love.

RedeZra
10th June 2010, 14:52
the Middle East Muslims

are name calling

the Western world system

the Great sate

perhaps they mean the Great state

after all we have benefits and all lol

if all the unemployed millions didn't get their monthly social security check

they would run to the Capitol Hill and break into the Parliaments

and take over the Western world

Celine
10th June 2010, 14:55
In my humble opinion....Life isnt a right... its a privileged.

rosie
10th June 2010, 15:16

Hi Celine, a poem for your thoughts :love:

Life Is A Privilege

Life is a privilege. Its youthful days
Shine with the radiance of continuous Mays.
To live, to breathe, to wonder and desire,
To feed with dreams the heart’s perpetual fire,
To thrill with virtuous passions, and to glow
With great ambitions – in one hour to know
The depths and heights of feeling – God! in truth,
How beautiful, how beautiful is youth!

Life is a privilege. Like some rare rose
The mysteries of the human mind unclose.
What marvels lie in the earth, and air, and sea!
What stores of knowledge wait our opening key!
What sunny roads of happiness lead out
Beyond the realms of indolence and doubt!
And what large pleasures smile upon and bless
The busy avenues of usefulness!

Life is a privilege. Thought the noontide fades
And shadows fall along the winding glades,
Though joy-blooms wither in the autumn air,
Yet the sweet scent of sympathy is there.
Pale sorrow leads us closer to our kind,
And in the serious hours of life we find
Depths in the souls of men which lend new worth
And majesty to this brief span of earth.

Life is a privilege. If some sad fate
Sends us alone to seek the exit gate,
If men forsake us and as shadows fall,
Still does the supreme privilege of all
Come in that reaching upward of the soul
To find the welcoming Presence at the goal,
And in the Knowledge that our feet have trod
Paths that led from, and must wind back, to God.

By Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Celine
10th June 2010, 15:19
beautiful...thank you.

illuminate
10th June 2010, 15:33
If you want children to keep their feet on the ground, put some responsibility on their shoulders.
~Abigail Van Buren

"I must do something" always solves more problems than "Something must be done."
~Author Unknown

As human beings we all want to be happy and free from misery… we have learned that the key to happiness is inner peace. The greatest obstacles to inner peace are disturbing emotions such as anger, attachment, fear and suspicion, while love and compassion and a sense of universal responsibility are the sources of peace and happiness.
~Dalai Lama

Beren
10th June 2010, 15:34
Being responsible means readily standing for your actions and thoughts. Good or bad. That makes you a man or woman. All other is speculation,whining,silliness...
I always remember Eden story. When God asked man why ,he said- woman YOU gave me told me so ( implying underneath the surface that God is actually one to blame), when God asked woman why, she said serpent deceived me... it's always somebody else to blame...
That is why responsibility is a corner stone in any relationship.

RedeZra
10th June 2010, 17:25

God does not concur celine

you have the right to life

til God says

time's up

a lavish lifestyle is a privilege

Peace of Mind
10th June 2010, 17:38
IMO,
If you harm others (in any way), or balk on an opportunity to do what’s right for self and others…that’s being irresponsible. If you go through life wanting, taking, and never giving or sacrificing for the betterment of us all…that’s irresponsibility. Responsibility implies safety, protection and happiness for all…since the all is really one giant organism/specie. You can not just be responsible for yourself, because you are not just in this world by yourself. Everything an individual does is connected to everyone and everything. Being responsible is recognizing this and practicing it in every way to the best of your ability.

Peace

frank samuel
10th June 2010, 17:44
When you take responsibility to bring about solutions instead of playing the blaming game, then we can begin to make an important impact in our world. This formula has been very successful for those that realize the world is not going to change by itself because I am complaining, the world is going to change when we choose to put aside our differences and realize we all bear responsibility in this world . Each one of us can contribute in whatever manner we choose in whatever capacity you can , nothing is loss in the given specially if you are doing it expecting absolutely nothing in return. To regain and claim your sovereignty for me simply means being responsible for your own actions instead of pointing the finger at others. Trust in yourself to find creative solutions and through the power of your heart your world will become a better place.

Many many blessings to all....:wub:

Freedom
10th June 2010, 17:51
a lavish lifestyle is a privilege[/I]

very well said!!

greybeard
10th June 2010, 17:58
Everyone has contributed so responsibly.
Thank you for rising beautifully to the occasion.
Chris

morguana
10th June 2010, 18:15
buddha said........master your thoughts

love
m

Gita
10th June 2010, 18:20
Found this – may be of benefit to some or not!

And in this article, we're going to start looking at how to end
self-punishment.

The good news about self-punishment is that its self-limiting.
Meaning, its something we create ourselves.

The bad news about self-punishment is also that its self-limiting.
Meaning, since we create it ourselves, we can't really blame it
on anyone else, and if we don't take responsibility for it, then
we'll use it as a club to punish ourselves even more.

So before we delve into the exact process to follow to end
self-punishment, it might be useful to look at responsibility
itself. What it means and what it DOESN'T mean.

First, let's look at what it doesn't mean.

Most people would define responsibility as -

1. Blame
2. Shame
3. Guilt
4. Negative accountability
5. Struggle
6. Martyr
7. Control

And who wants all that?

Responsibility seems like such a hassle; so unpleasant; so
distasteful.

No wonder we run from it! No wonder its gotten such a bad rap!
It often ends up meaning –

Unquote

Full article. (http://www.beliefbusterkit.com/selfpunishment4)

RedeZra
10th June 2010, 18:22
a lavish lifestyle is a privilege

very well said!!

why are you rich hehe jk

greybeard
10th June 2010, 18:28
why are you rich hehe jk

Behave yourself Redezra
laughing.
When Jesus said be as child dont think he quite meant HE HE stuff
You have a wicked sense of humor.
Laughing.
Dont ever stop being your poetic self my friend.

C

illuminate
10th June 2010, 18:37
http://www.usmansheikh.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/responsibility.jpg

RedeZra
10th June 2010, 18:37
Behave yourself Redezra
laughing.
When Jesus said be as child dont think he quite meant HE HE stuff
You have a wicked sense of humor.

lol I thought it was innocent

sometimes I sting but there is no poison in it

illuminate
10th June 2010, 18:42
http://www.enemyofdebt.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/responsibility.jpg

frank samuel
10th June 2010, 19:03
Oh well is time to feed my young ones the milk bottle, there goes that word responsibility again, oh but what a pleasure it is to watch my kids grow. There's nothing wrong with being responsible is just means I finally decided to take care of others for others are also a part of me. If I am afraid to get burn every time I do a good deed that simply means I am expecting something in return for my good deed. For my homeless friends which I gladly help each and every day, the elderly neighbors who can barely walk let alone cook, it is my opportunity to go beyond myself and just keep giving, that's the parental heart of true love. Give and give and give, funny thing I never get tire because I never expect anything in return, it is also highly contagious my children are getting in on the opportunity to love, embrace and give of themselves . Your heart becomes as beautiful as a beautiful flower in spring . Imagine if the Earth just said okay I will not supply this world with oxygen, mother earth has given of herself for billions of years without uttering a single word of complain. We can learn a lot from mother nature.

Time to go and be a responsible parent , many many blessings to all....

greybeard
10th June 2010, 19:14
The sun gives to the earth every moment 24 hours a day without looking for a return.
If you look for a return you are bound to get a big disappointment at some moment in time.
Frank, you are love on two legs and example to me and I am sure many others.

The beauty of is that you are so transparent it is obvious that you are sharing and not looking for anything from any one else.
The reward is in the doing, seeing the pleasure on others faces.
I am privileged to have you as a friend.

Love to you and your family.
Chris

RedeZra
10th June 2010, 19:38
Give and give and give, funny thing I never get tire because I never expect anything in return, it is also highly contagious my children are getting in on the opportunity to love, embrace and give of themselves .

Your heart becomes as beautiful as a beautiful flower in spring .

give and forgive

that's what Saints do

what is a Saint

it's one who's filled with patience and faith

retracing his steps along the road home

he can see it in the distance

so it's impossible to distract him

kriya
10th June 2010, 19:54
There's a saying that goes like this "if you change yourself you have done your part in changing the world".

So for me, if each of us take responsiblity for cultivating God consciousness in ourselves, we succeed in creating a better world for everyone.

Love,

Kriya

Beren
10th June 2010, 20:10
There's a saying that goeslike this "if you change yourself you have done your part in changing the world".

So for me, if each of us take responsiblity for cultivating God consciousness in ourselves, we succeed in creating a better world for everyone.

Love,

Kriya

All we ever had to do is to stand before our heavenly Father to ask and learn. Then as little children, lean to his hand and trust him where ever he lead us. Because he is responsible Father, he teaches us principles of all and he reflect in us his four pillars - love,justice,wisdom and power.

Often I am sad to see and feel that many wishes only to have one of the four pillars- power... Like that Dark Lord Sidius from Star Wars movies... power-unlimited power...

First there comes love. It is a perfect bound of unity of all.
Then comes justice that all should not feel left out or privileged.
Along comes wisdom in order for all to function according to its time ,place and space.
Wisdom to discern good from bad , light from darkness.
And last but not least comes power .
Power to do all that. And much much more.

And as Chris started this thread with one word, I will finish my comment with it- it takes RESPONSIBILITY to carry on with all this.
In the utter outcome- brats are not tolerated forever.

frank samuel
10th June 2010, 20:19
The sun gives to the earth every moment 24 hours a day without looking for a return.
If you look for a return you are bound to get a big disappointment at some moment in time.
Frank, you are love on two legs and example to me and I am sure many others.

The beauty of is that you are so transparent it is obvious that you are sharing and not looking for anything from any one else.
The reward is in the doing, seeing the pleasure on others faces.
I am privileged to have you as a friend.

Love to you and your family.
Chris

I just wanted to say that my neighbors and friends love to drop by unnoticed and leave all kinds of gifts in our doorstep. I really never know who's leaving the gifts. Just today I went to fix my broken old watch and after the jeweler fix it he refuse to charge me , this happens to me every single day. My heart just melts because I know that for every good action there's a reaction, your heart is communicating with your surroundings in a language that needs no words, this is the realm of the heart. Thank you Chris for your kind words.:wub:

truthseekerdan
10th June 2010, 20:22
Our fear and refusal to see ourselves as 'God' is understandable. We are so aware of our limitations as human beings that our concept of self is far stronger than and separate from our concept of a divine being. It is possible for us to imagine God in human form, but it is difficult for us to imagine ourselves as the form of God. :)
Bit by bit we are awakening. This is a remarkable time because more people than ever before are responding to mysticism, to their oneness with and as God.

But in order for this awakening to occur, we must be ready for this realization to take hold. Remember that Jesus said, "You cannot come to me unless my Father brings you". Whether or not we are Christians, we can relate to this concept, illustrating that we cannot respond to our divinity, our Christ-hood, until our spiritual evolution has progressed to that point where the 'Father' quickens our spirit. If anyone responds to the I AM message, he or she has evolved to the point where that sensitivity is active within -- otherwise, he or she would not be attracted to mysticism.

Whatever we are and wherever we are, the time has come for us to take responsibility for being who we are.
Whatever our talk is, the time has come when we can and must walk it.
When we do, we may be surprised to find how close to being complete we are the walking presence of God.

Love to all, ~ Dan ~ :wub:

greybeard
11th June 2010, 04:22
Thanks to all who took the responsibility to share on this happy little thread.
Chris

11th June 2010, 14:04
There's a saying that goes like this "if you change yourself you have done your part in changing the world".

Love,

Kriya

You seem to have a knack (spelling?!) of posting my exact sentiments each day Kriya, I really agree with this one too. The old adage still stands for me:

"Be the change you want to see"

That^^ is my chosen, acknowledged, and lovingly accepted responsibility each day. Sometimes the connotations of the word "responsibility" seem to be restrictive or inhibiting.....almost instructive like: " do this do that etc". In truth the opposite is the feeling one gets when you don't sit outside the box moaning. Get stuck in and feel the emancipation and loving empowerment you can achieve by being that change.......by being responsible. Witness how love in your thoughts and actions is more contagious than anything in the world.

Another great thread Chris.

:grouphug:

greybeard
12th June 2010, 08:20
My mother was my first teacher.

I think she invented sound bites.

She instilled responsibility with such expression as.
"If a woman is good enough to sleep with she is good enough to marry"

"You made your bed now you must lie in it."

Basically you must accept responsibility for what you do, what you created, what you brought into your life, no shifting of blame.
Chris

Anchor
12th June 2010, 08:47
We, as a concious part of the one infinite creator, have unlimited scope to mess things up on account of the freewill and creative power granted by this relationship.

The creative powers that you excersise as an individual obviously will have various effects on the universe, and therefore on us all - sometimes intended, othertimes - because we still are young at this, unintended.

Regardless, what you do affects me, and what I do affects you.

Once the individual's intent sets the creative manifesting forces in motion - no matter how small or large - there is no going back - YOU DID IT, and regardless of whether or not you think it is true, you ARE responsible.

John..

Ross
12th June 2010, 08:53
Good thread Chris,

Have not read it all yet but would like to add:

Discovering ones responsibility in becoming honourable to oneself, using integrity, is a major key to being overall 'responsible' when we master our own responsibility we connect to all our daily endevours and relationships...and it is without effort.

Peace

greybeard
12th June 2010, 09:00
Thanks to all who post here.
I learn and benefit so much from such uplifting positivity.
Chris

greybeard
24th June 2010, 11:06
If the WORLD was filled with people just like me what kind of a world would it be?
Would it be free of envy, judgment, jealousy, greed, hate, enemies, victim-hood?
Would it be filled with appreciation, respect, joy, happiness, compassion, giving?
I am only responsible for me and my attitude towards others and life in general.
I am responsible, to the degree that I can be, to be fair minded, tolerant and accepting of the attitude and actions of others. (But for the grace of God there go I)
I am responsible to not be naive but to use discernment to the best of my ability.
I am responsible to be uplifting and positive with all whom I meet regardless of whom I interact with or the situation.
Im responsible to be forgiving to me when my actions do not always match my intention.
I get me and my little ways right then the world comes right.

My responsibility no one else's.

C

genorose
22nd February 2011, 04:33
dear greybeard
when the student is ready the master will appear - when the master is ready the student will appear
there is one who has spent forty years in the wilderness being prepared to bring in the new consciousness but needs help
the one to pluck the sword from the rock and out of the hand of the pure female principle in the lake/lock
that ancient divide where lock ness is -joining east to west but dividing north from south
is it self delusion - or could this be the one - i am the beginning and the end
like ageing is a copying device so is the world of matter and has an end
this time the only sacrifice will be the one of personal self - conscious self
the struggle to be free of time images in the mind - projection of the self mirror of death is relentless
the old self has been shattered to dust and the new one is being reborn in the crucible
vulcan is hard at work making the double edged sword from the steel that has been many years in the making
but it cannot be done alone any longer
the older one must train and give way to the younger
the world awaits the one
the one awaits the master to help finish the work so that the elder's work will be complete
yours sincerely
genorose

MargueriteBee
22nd February 2011, 05:01
It is ridiculous, this 'social programming' purposefully meant to confuse.

s3nru
22nd February 2011, 06:05
These people laugh at our freedom of speech and use it freely, you cant do that in their country of origin.
I feel we have a responsibility to inform to support positive change but not the right to impose our culture on others.
it really not that long since women got the vote in UK
Its not that long since the civil war in America.
We cant expect the rest of the world to get it instantly though we can negotiate for it point out the benefits.
All this takes responsible action, head coming from heart.

As Westerners we tend to fear Islamic social piety, while Islamic countries fear Western freedom of expression. Our national attitudes for each others cultures reflect a hidden need for what each other has.

sandy
22nd February 2011, 07:29
Great thread Chris,

Thank you the posting and to all who have contributed. I love to learn:) I wanted to add >>> that is why we must know ourselves, what we think, feel and believe>>>> IMHO when one is in tune with self, then one is response able Not always the easiest thing to be conscious of at all times, but I know that when I'm not feeling okay, I check out my emotions, thoughts, perceptions and resulting beliefs. I then can take ownership of my discoveries and be response able for my growth and journey in the realm of ultimate unconditional love.

Lord Sidious
22nd February 2011, 07:54
the Middle East Muslims

are name calling

the Western world system

the Great sate

perhaps they mean the Great state

after all we have benefits and all lol

if all the unemployed millions didn't get their monthly social security check

they would run to the Capitol Hill and break into the Parliaments

and take over the Western world

When they call the west the great satan, that isn't the same thing as in christianity.
In their system this is actually saying the west is a bad influence on muslims.
In some ways, they are right.
Iblis is satan in their system.
The word they used for great satan is shaitan, not satan.

Just sayin.

As for the topic of the thread.
My take is this, if you are not ready to pay for whatever you said/did/wrote or whatever, in case you are wrong, then don't do it.

Muzz
29th June 2011, 15:23
Hi folks just wanted to give this old thread a bump.

This really helped me

If the WORLD was filled with people just like me what kind of a world would it be?
Would it be free of envy, judgment, jealousy, greed, hate, enemies, victim-hood?
Would it be filled with appreciation, respect, joy, happiness, compassion, giving?
I am only responsible for me and my attitude towards others and life in general.
I am responsible, to the degree that I can be, to be fair minded, tolerant and accepting of the attitude and actions of others. (But for the grace of God there go I)
I am responsible to not be naive but to use discernment to the best of my ability.
I am responsible to be uplifting and positive with all whom I meet regardless of whom I interact with or the situation.
Im responsible to be forgiving to me when my actions do not always match my intention.
I get me and my little ways right then the world comes right.

My responsibility no one else's.

In the last year or so the more I focus on positive thoughts the better things get. I just need to stop reading so many conspiracy stories. :)

Thanks greybeard

greybeard
10th January 2014, 18:36
Just thought I would bump this.
Quite a few of the posters are no longer members of Avalon.
People come people go.
I have fond memories related to many former members.

Chris