PDA

View Full Version : World’s Biggest Cave

The One
24th August 2011, 20:15
There’s a jungle inside Vietnam’s mammoth cavern. A skyscraper could fit too.

Hear author Mark Jenkins and National Geographic’s Boyd Matson talk about what could be considered the largest cave in the world, the 2.5-mile Hang Son Doong, or mountain river cave, along the Vietnam-Laos border.

Is it the World’s Biggest Cave? More than three times the height of Niagara Falls, much of Vietnam’s Mountain River Cave has remained untouched by humans until now.

With exclusive footage, NGC reveals, for the first time in history, astounding evidence that this could be the largest cave in the world.

Together with renowned expedition leader Howard Limbert, cave geologist Darryl Granger uncovers the formula for how the cave grew so grand.

6cTIA03cwqE

shadowstalker
24th August 2011, 20:17
got it on my watch list thank you

<8>
24th August 2011, 20:53
wow growning rock!! Who knows whats under us...

thanks ONE...:)

Maia Gabrial
24th August 2011, 21:29
Puts things into perspective, doesn't it?
Amazing, The One....

Soul Safari
24th August 2011, 21:33
Perhaps next time they should take a night scope for that 'flapping creature' he was on about..

Spent years in Thailand and surrounding countries. Never heard of this cave before.

Maia Gabrial
24th August 2011, 21:38
Maybe the acoustics in those caves intensified sounds...?

Corncrake
24th August 2011, 23:02
Thank you - absolutely stunning and uplifting too. Will post elsewhere.

ghostrider
24th August 2011, 23:14
that is one of the most interesting things I've ever learned . thank you so much for finding this and posting it. a world inside the world, wonder if it was the begining experiment to see if the idea of life could take hold on this water world. endless possibilities. endless.... very awesome.

Snoweagle
24th August 2011, 23:26
It's a bunker for all the poor people not going into the bunkers with the Elite. Gaia loves us too.

Bring sandwiches and galoshes.

Maia Gabrial
25th August 2011, 15:28
Snoweagle,
THAT'S what I was thinking while I was watching it! An underground city for the Vietnamese....If their people know anything about what's coming....
What a beautiful cave....

Kerrigan
25th August 2011, 16:56
Beautiful! Makes me want to go there! Anybody want to go with me =) ?

Atlas
3rd June 2016, 05:56
New drone footage from photographer Ryan Deboodt shows this cave from a totally new angle. Explore this massive cavern complete with an underground river, rock formations, and an unbelievable view of the stars.

http://vimeo.com/121736043
http://www.visiontimes.com/2015/03/18/new-drone-footage-of-worlds-largest-cave-is-mind-blowing.html