PDA

View Full Version : Moving to LA, and I need a good apartment deal/input!

Tommy
28th August 2011, 18:30
Hi everyone,

It's been too long since I last participated in the forums, with our websites undergoing a serious revamp and Awake and Aware 2011 getting close my plate is simply filled like never (ever) before. It is truly a busy time for Project Camelot! As a result of this I am now making concrete plans of moving to LA so I can centralize my efforts with Kerry and further expand my own horizons along the goals and mission of Project Camelot.

I am now posting requests for good apartment deals\suggestions (see below), for the record I am also open for a "room-mate" solution if presented.

Looking for a good apartment deal in Los Angeles. It needs to fit one person (me), so studio, bachelor or 1 room is preferred. Looking at the Oakwood and Hollywood area with interest. I will be in LA on the 12th of September and will be reachable from that time and during Awake and Aware 2011 (ask for me)

Anyone?

Any input is greatly appreciated!

PS: This post might be duplicated

Limor Wolf
7th October 2011, 02:28
Hi there Tommy.you did a great job with Awake & Aware - and I do hope you safely settled down in los angeles .I enjoyed hearing you speak ,your passion was seen for miles...

Take good care

The Truth Is In There
7th October 2011, 06:02
don't you think that's a bit risky? if i wanted to move to the USA california would be one of the last places. can't imagine why anybody would want to leave norway, btw. it's one of the greatest parts of the world.

Cartomancer
7th October 2011, 15:18
California is one of the most beautiful places in the world. Even Los Angeles. Welcome my friend. I'm sure someone will put you up. I live in Ncal so I can't help you out. Check out Craigslist.com in L.a. to get an idea of the housing situation. There are opportunities for roomates there as well. Check w/ the people you know already to find the "safe" parts of town etc. Good luck and I know you will enjoy California.

Tommy
13th October 2011, 23:02
Thanks for everyone's input!

I have been so busy ever since Awake and Aware's success that I forgot to follow my own post.. :blink: Lots of life changing moments compressed in a relatively small amount of time :)

I am making progress in settling down in LA, right now I am at a friends place in Hollywood while rocking craigslist.. I must say this is pretty awesome considering the lack of creative energy where I come from.. hehe
A lot of things to do and many new valuable contacts.. As it looks now you might even see me pop up on a radio show or two :)

All I am left with saying is that a lot is happening, good and somewhat bad, but frankly there have never been more opportunities out there for people like you and me

Oh, and for the risky part about the moving thing..Although I appreciate your concern 'The Truth is in There I pretty much say like Kerry, I trust my intuition when it comes to all this disaster stuff.. I rarely buy into any of it, though depending on the hard data. Frankly I have always found myself to be warned before anything big happens around me, warned by my intuition alone in most cases..
Surely everyone could give them self the same relief by using your intuition.. But again if you don't trust it you will rarely have results ;)

Thanks again everyone :)

PS: And thanks Limor for letting me know about the post updates! :)