PDA

View Full Version : Infrared satellite imaging discovers more pyramids underground

G.A
30th August 2011, 03:57
Short video from BBC shows infrared satellite technology revealed some verified and some potential pyramids beneath the ground.

rCJQkZah7WE

According to a report from the BBC, the infrared satellite imaging also helped them locate over 1,000 tombs and upwards of 3,000 settlements. Ancient Egyptians used mud bricks to build their homes and structures which have a much higher density than the surrounding soil. As a result, researchers are able to distinguish buildings even though they are covered by years of silt from the Nile River.

Excavation has already begun, confirming two of the pyramids, and lead Egyptologist Dr. Sarah Parcak says this only the beginning. Because the satellites can only see things relatively close to the Earth’s surface, she expects the initial findings will lead to other settlements buried for centuries.

Read more: http://geek-news.mtv.com/2011/05/28/17-lost-pyramids-discovered-using-infrared-satellite-imaging/

Lost Soul
30th August 2011, 06:42
As much as there is discovered there, Egypt still remains a land of enchantment and mystery. I've been there twice and there's still so much more to see.

G.A
30th August 2011, 07:05
As much as there is discovered there, Egypt still remains a land of enchantment and mystery. I've been there twice and there's still so much more to see.

I agree. In fact I would extend that thought to our entire planet. We have so much left to learn yet from home. We bite off far more than we can chew from the vast planes of the universe. We haven't developed the eyes to see things properly.

Cidersomerset
30th August 2011, 08:56
Thanks GA .....The PTB have had this info for years , so to let it out to the general public may be another step towards disclosure???

What it does do imho is that it puts a new light on satalite pictures of ruins on Mars and the moon...

qcR7VX-FwDY

Cheers Steve